Enlarging your remote workforce can have a significant effect on network architecture, security/compliance, and corporate workflows. Progent has 20 years of background helping SMBs to design, configure, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Eugene organization to select the right tools and follow leading practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual solution for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and returns maximum value. Progent offers support services ranging from as-needed guidance for helping you over occasional IT bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Eugene, Oregon businesses to succeed with any aspect of building a high-functioning work-from-home environment by providing network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, Help Desk outsourcing, security and compliance, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure required to support an at-home work environment can be particularly challenging if you must manage a mix of personal hardware such as desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless APs from various vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing remote help for both legacy and current IT products in virtual office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for making necessary updates. Support services available from Progent to help your company to implement a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- VPN technology allows you to create a safe connection for authorized at-home employees to use IT assets located at your corporate datacenter or in the cloud. Progent can help you to deploy and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can assist your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for secure VPN tunneling for a wide selection of endpoint devices including Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow a teleworker to view and use a remote computer's desktop. This technology provides IT managers significant control over the digital ecosystem of telecommuters and offers them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home wireless connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier online consulting for configuring home routers from a range of manufacturers. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting an entire household and visitors, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause performance and security problems. Progent can help you to mitigate these problems by providing services like Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless AP integration assistance.
- Internet access solutions impact the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate network. Business-critical processes may demand redundant Internet connections in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide guidance for selecting service providers, picking appropriate bandwidth and data volume bundles, and setting up high-availability Internet connections. See Internet connectivity solutions.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and managing an efficient telecommuter solution for your Eugene, Oregon organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.