Enlarging your telecommuter workforce may have a significant impact on network infrastructure, security/compliance, and company workflows. Progent has 20 years of background helping businesses of all sizes to design, configure, manage, optimize, and debug IT environments that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can assist your Eugene company to pick the right technologies and follow best practices in building and operating a secure virtual office solution for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and delivers maximum business value. Progent can provide services ranging from as-needed expertise for getting you past occasional technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Eugene, Oregon organizations to with any facet of building a high-functioning work-at-home environment by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, helpdesk outsourcing, data security, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure required for an at-home workforce can be particularly complex if you have to accommodate a mix of worker-owned equipment such as desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from an assortment of vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background providing remote help for both outdated as well as modern IT products in remote office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary updates. Support services available from Progent to assist you to implement a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology allows you to establish a secure connection for authenticated remote employees to use IT assets situated at your corporate datacenter or in the cloud. Progent can help your company to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA experts can assist your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a wide selection of endpoint devices such as Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable an at-home worker to see and use a data center PC's desktop. This technology provides network managers more control over the digital environment of at-home employees and ensures remote users a familiar experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert online consulting for integrating home routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting an entire household and visitors, are commonly used by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create performance as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can help you to resolve these issues by providing services that include Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point setup assistance.
- Internet access solutions impact the performance and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Line-of-business applications may demand redundant Internet access in case the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for picking service providers, picking appropriate bandwidth and data volume packages, and setting up high-availability Internet access. Refer to Internet access solutions.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining an efficient work-from-home environment for your Eugene, Oregon business, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.