Enlarging your telecommuter workforce may have a significant effect on network architecture, security/compliance, and company workflows. Progent has 20 years of experience helping SMBs to design, configure, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Eugene organization to select the appropriate technologies and follow best practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and delivers top business value. Progent can provide support services that go from as-needed guidance for helping you past challenging IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Eugene, Oregon organizations to succeed with any facet of creating a high-performing work-from-home ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, helpdesk augmentation, cybersecurity, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure needed for a remote work environment can be particularly complicated if you must manage a mix of worker-owned equipment like PCs and notebooks, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from an assortment of vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background delivering online help for both legacy and modern technologies in virtual office venues enables you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for making necessary updates. Services available from Progent to assist your company to implement a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity allows you to establish a safe tunnel for authenticated remote employees to access IT resources located at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent can help your company to deploy and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can help your remote workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a broad range of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable a teleworker to see and interact with a data center computer's desktop. This gives IT managers significant control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and ensures them a familiar experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent can provide expert online support for deploying home routers from all major vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting an entire household and guests, are frequently used by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can create performance as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can help you to mitigate these issues by providing expertise that include Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Line-of-business processes might require redundant Internet connections in case the normal connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for selecting service providers, selecting sensible bandwidth and data volume packages, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about building and managing an efficient telecommuter environment for your Eugene, Oregon organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.