Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server was the first messaging platform developed by Microsoft to utilize Active Directory rather than an internal directory system. This architectural innovation made MS Exchange Server 2K dramatically easier to administer and Exchange 2000 is still the core of the email environment of many small businesses.
Extensive background with Microsoft's Exchange technology makes Progent among the most qualified computer consulting resources in the United States for supporting email solutions based on MS Exchange Server 2000. Progent is expert at helping small businesses running Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server and Progent can help your company understand the business value of upgrading your Exchange 2000 environment to a current version of Exchange.
Advantages of Exchange 2000 Over Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5
Microsoft Exchange Server 2K offers major enhancements in functionality over Microsoft Exchange 5.5 Server in vital areas including accessibility, manageability, protection, stability, capacity, and performance.
How Progent Can Help You with MS Exchange 2000 Server
- The 2000 version of Microsoft Exchange Server provides a significant improvement in features over the Exchange 5.5 web interface. MS Exchange Server 2000 delivers a solid rendition of the traditional Outlook interface, including scheduling and tools. As a result, authorized mobile users can have unrestricted, secure access to email even in the absence of their mobile computer. The only thing mobile clients need is an Internet-connected PC with a conventional web browser.
- In contrast to Exchange 5.5, which has its built-in directory, MS Exchange Server 2000 utilizes Microsoft Active Directory, offering a greatly simplified management and security architecture. This makes MS Exchange Server 2000 easier to manage and support and also provides better protection.
- MS Exchange Server 2000 incorporates an extensible architecture for transparently adding third-party software such as virus scanning packages and anti-spamming tools. Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server's strong Application Programming Interface avoids the instability existing with Exchange 5.5 when installing third-party add-ins.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2K offers dramatically improved capacity and performance over Exchange 5.5. This means you can have more and bigger mailboxes and enjoy faster remote access.
- MS Exchange Server 2000 features more extensive management and analysis tools than Exchange 5.5, making it easier to administer and maintain your email system.
Progent's Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 help, troubleshooting and consulting services include help with the selection and integration of third-party enhancements that are appropriately aligned to your business goals. Progent's consultants can also provide Exchange 2010 upgrade support so you can avoid dealing with the problems associated with managing an email platform that Microsoft no longer supports.
Advantages of Exchange 2000 Over an ISP-based or POP3 Email System
If your company still has clients on an email system hosted by an Internet Service Provider or if you are running some Outlook users in POP3 mode, your MS Exchange Server 2000 provides an array of enhanced features in the areas of manageability, responsiveness, capacity, availability, and groupware:
- Unlike the store-and-forward technique used by POP3 messaging, Microsoft Exchange Server 2K uses a central-store architecture that frees clients from dependence on a specific workstation or notebook PC, reduces exposure to hardware breakdowns or malicious software, and allows both on-line and off-line email, auto-backup, and advanced sharing and collaboration.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2K has powerful collaboration features that allow teams to improve efficiency by sharing datebooks, address books, messages and data.
- The flexibility of MS Exchange Server 2K makes it possible to integrate third-party security software or support wireless appliances such as the Research in Motion Blackberry or smart phones.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 permits complete on-line backup without disturbing clients, enabling non-stop operation by eliminating periodic downtime and administrative interruptions.
How Progent Can Help You Incorporate POP3 Email Users into Your Exchange 2000 System
Progent's experience and efficient best practices can assist you in implementing a fast, transparent move of POP3 clients to your Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server. Progent attends to vital issues such as managing domain names so that on-site and remote clients make a smooth switch from POP3 messaging.
How Progent Can Help You Migrate from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2019 or Exchange 2016
Progent's has a long background assisting small and midsize companies to migrate from MS Exchange 2000 Server to newer versions of Exchange. Progent can show you how to plan and implement a smooth upgrade to Exchange 2010 or a migration to Exchange 2013 that reduces operational disruption, retains your existing data, and saves money by professionally integrating a current release of Microsoft Exchange Server with your IT environment so that it accommodates offsite and on-the-road workers and operates with older software and the latest programs. Progent's CISM-certified security specialists can make sure your security infrastructure and practices are sound and Progent's Cisco-authorized network experts can make sure that your connectivity infrastructure is efficient, dependable, and easy to manage.
Learn more about Progent's Exchange Server 2019 upgrade consulting services and Exchange 2016 migration support.
Microsoft 365 Integration with On-premises Exchange
Microsoft has made a strong effort to enable transparent hybrid environments that integrate Microsoft 365 and on-premises installations of Exchange. This permits you to have some mailboxes hosted at your corporate datacenter and other mailboxes hosted by Microsoft 365. Progent's Microsoft-certified Exchange consulting team can assist your organization with any phase of planning, implementing and debugging your hybrid Microsofte 365 network. Progent's Exchange consultants can deliver as-needed expertise to help you resolve stubborn technical issues and also can provide comprehensive project management outsourcing or co-sourcing to ensure your hybrid Office 365/Exchange initiative is successfully completed on schedule and on budget. For more information about Progent's online consulting services for hybrid Office 365 and on-premises Exchange systems, visit Office 365 integration solutions with on-premises Exchange.
Progent's Consulting Services for Microsoft-powered Platforms
For businesses of all sizes throughout the U.S., Progent's Microsoft-authorized consultants offer affordable remote network help and professional consulting services for the whole family of Microsoft .NET servers. Progent can provide Windows Server 2019 upgrade expertise, Windows Server 2016 hybrid cloud solutions, Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 configuration support, Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 expertise, and Windows Server 2003 technical support. Progent's planning, integration, optimization, and consulting services include system architecture, deployment, and management outsourcing for
project management and documentation, on-site and off-site
technical support and network diagnosis,
Help Desk Call Center Services, comprehensive
security expertise, IT
outsourcing, and ProSight Virtual Hosting service.
Progent in addition can deliver a full range of remote desktop support services including Windows 10 planning assistance, Windows 8.1 integration expertise, Windows 7 technical support, moving to 64-bit computing, Microsoft Office and Office 365 integration, and automating Business Desktop Deployment.
If your business requires urgent online help from a Microsoft certified consultant, visit Progent's Urgent Remote Technical Help.
Learn more concerning Progent's Microsoft-Certified .NET Server Support.
To contact Progent about technical help for MS Exchange Server, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.