Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting Services in Fargo
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can capture the system state after a ransomware assault and perform a comprehensive forensics investigation without disrupting the processes required for business resumption and data restoration. Your Fargo business can utilize Progent's forensics documentation to block subsequent ransomware attacks, assist in the cleanup of encrypted data, and comply with insurance carrier and regulatory requirements.
Ransomware forensics investigation is aimed at discovering and documenting the ransomware attack's storyline across the network from beginning to end. This history of the way a ransomware attack progressed within the network helps you to evaluate the impact and brings to light shortcomings in policies or processes that need to be rectified to prevent later break-ins. Forensics is typically given a top priority by the insurance carrier and is often mandated by state and industry regulations. Because forensics can take time, it is critical that other important activities like business resumption are executed concurrently. Progent maintains a large team of information technology and cybersecurity experts with the knowledge and experience needed to carry out activities for containment, business continuity, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics is arduous and calls for intimate cooperation with the groups assigned to file restoration and, if necessary, settlement talks with the ransomware Threat Actor. forensics typically require the review of logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to look for variations.
Services involved with forensics include:
- Isolate but avoid shutting down all possibly suspect devices from the system. This may require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and implementing two-factor authentication to protect your backups.
- Capture forensically valid digital images of all exposed devices so your file recovery group can proceed
- Preserve firewall, virtual private network, and other critical logs as quickly as possible
- Identify the version of ransomware involved in the assault
- Examine each machine and data store on the system as well as cloud storage for indications of encryption
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware involved in the assault
- Study log activity and sessions in order to determine the time frame of the assault and to identify any possible sideways migration from the first compromised machine
- Identify the security gaps used to perpetrate the ransomware attack
- Search for new executables associated with the first encrypted files or system compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine email attachments
- Extract any URLs embedded in email messages and check to see if they are malicious
- Provide extensive incident documentation to satisfy your insurance and compliance mandates
- List recommended improvements to shore up cybersecurity gaps and improve processes that reduce the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered online and on-premises network services across the United States for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in foundation technologies such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This breadth of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and integrate the undamaged pieces of your network after a ransomware attack and rebuild them quickly into an operational network. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance providers like Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Services in Fargo
To learn more about ways Progent can assist your Fargo organization with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.