Progent's latest private cloud hosting facility is located in Tampa, Florida at the Flexential Tampa North data center. Like Progent's Sacramento data center with private cloud services, Flexential Tampa North is a high-end, full-service data center, providing on-site 24x7 staffed personnel and offering full N+1 redundancy throughout all critical systems at both the data center level and in Progent's own network and server infrastructure. Flexential's geographic location and high-capacity redundant Internet backbone permit low-latency connectivity to the east coast of the U.S. and to Central and South America.
Progent's private cloud services provide exceptional value to businesses of any size looking for the cost savings, reliability and convenience of sharing a world-class data center without the limited customization and impersonal service associated with public clouds.
Progent's Private Cloud hosting services utilize the Flexential Data Center in Tampa
The 60,000 square foot Flexential facility offers world-class features for power and cooling, security, compliance, and connectivity. Highlights include:
Data Center Power & Cooling
Data Center 24x7 Physical Security
- 2N UPS redundancy
- 3 MW critical load UPS capacity
- 150 watts per square foot power density
- N + 1 cooling redundancy
- Hot/cold aisle configuration
- 100% power SLA
- 1.75 PUE rating
Data Center Connectivity
- Round-the-clock security and technical staff
- Dual-factor authentication access
- Biometric scanners
- Monitored security
Data Center Compliance
- Fiber network built using connections from leading national providers
- Core network is built using 10-gigabit and 100-gigabit network backbone
- 3 Tb total network capacity
- Carrier-neutral blended, and proactively managed and monitored IP bandwidth
- Redundant, automatically rerouted connections ranging from 10 Mbps to 10 Gbps
- Proactive Layer 3 and Layer 4 DDoS protection
- Termination points for subsea cables to APAC and South America
- Cloud connectivity to AWS, Azure, Google and Oracle
Progent's hosting environment leverages advanced cloud-smart technologies from Microsoft including Hyper-V replication, Systems Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM), and Data Protection Manager. Progent's initial infrastructure deployment for private cloud hosting includes:
- PCI DSS compliant site
- Annual, independent audits for SOC 1 Type II, SOC 2 Type II, SOC 3; HIPAA; ISO 27001; SSAE 18
Progent's Private Cloud Infrastructure
Progent makes use of the Flexential Tampa data center mainly to provide private cloud hosting services. Progent maintains a team of IT consultants based in the Tampa area, and Progent can also provide online expertise from Progent's nationwide roster of Microsoft-certified consultants, Cisco-certified CCIE network engineers, ISSIP-CISSP-certified security specialists, Hyper-V and VMware virtualization experts, and senior disaster recovery/business continuity preparedness consultants. Progent can also help you plan and execute a data center migration to the Flexential facility by providing services such as designing system architecture, specifying hardware and connectivity solutions, deploying hardware and software, system testing and troubleshooting, setting up remote 24x7 network management, and training your IT staff.
- Eight Windows Server 2019 Hyper-V hosts
- 224 Intel Xeon processor cores
- 6.1TB of RAM
- 67TB of RAID 10 SSD storage and 288TB of RAID 6 rotating media
- Cisco Nexus 10G/40G dual redundant switching infrastructure
- All servers have redundant 20G of connectivity spanned across dual redundant Cisco switches
- Fully redundant 100% uptime Cisco ASR 1000 series router network architecture utilizing 8 separate routers
- Progent participates directly in the global Internet backbone advertising the company's own IP space via BGP using our assigned ASN 54695
- 21 gigabits of triple-redundant fiber Internet connectivity capacity to Lumen, Cogent and Telia's tier 1 global networks
- Local and off-site backup, replication and disaster recovery of all private cloud virtual servers
Popular Use Cases for Progent's Private Cloud Service
Progent's private cloud is a great option for clients who want a more customized environment and personal work relationship than is possible with public clouds such as Azure, AWS, and Rackspace. Popular use cases for Progent's private cloud include:
How to Get Started with Progent's Private Cloud Hosting Service
- Windows or Linux virtual hosted servers on Progent infrastructure with full backup and disaster recovery standard
- Complete VDI/hosted application solutions for customers who want to "move everything" to the cloud
- Low-cost/low-commitment colocation of customer-owned physical servers and infrastructure ranging from a single 1U server on up
- Disaster recovery failover replication of on-premises servers
- Off-site backup and replication. Progent is especially competitive for large 10TB+ requirements.
- Customer-hosted VoIP servers for national/regional multi-location companies
- Centralized VPN communications hubs for national or regional companies
- Temporary virtual or physical servers required for short-term projects, testing, solution piloting, evaluations, etc.
- Progent provided and maintained physical servers for dedicated customer use. Either customer managed/controlled, co-managed, or Progent managed.
- Emergency servers needed to get back online quickly after unforeseen events such as ransomware incidents, failed hardware, natural disasters, etc.
- Transition servers for mergers, acquisitions, change of ownership, etc.
To find out more details about Progent's Private Cloud Hosting service and to learn how Progent can help your company to simplify your IT management, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.