Progent's newest private cloud hosting site is in Tampa, FL, at the Flexential Tampa North Internet data. As with Progent's Sacramento data center facility with private cloud hosting, Flexential Tampa North is an advanced colocation facility, providing on-site 24x7 trained staff and offering full N+1 fault tolerance throughout all vital systems at both the data center level as well as in Progent's own network and VM environment. Flexential's location and high-performance, resilient Internet architecture permit low-latency connectivity to the east coast of the U.S. and to Central and South America.
Progent's private cloud services provide great value to organizations of any size looking for the cost savings, reliability, and minimized hassle of sharing a high-end data center facility without the restrictions and impersonal service associated with public clouds.
Progent's Private Cloud hosting services utilize the Flexential Data Center in Tampa
The 60,000 sq. ft. Flexential data center provides advanced features for power and cooling, physical security, compliance, and connectivity. Key features include:
Data Center Power & Environmental Control
Data Center Round-the-Clock Physical Security
- 2N UPS redundancy
- 3 megawatt critical load uninterruptible power supply (UPS) capacity
- 150 watts per square foot power density
- N + 1 cooling availability
- Hot/cold aisle airflow
- 100% power service-level agreement
- 1.75 Power usage effectiveness ratio
Data Center Connectivity
- Round-the-clock security and technical staff
- Dual-factor authentication access security
- Biometric scanning systems
- Monitored security
Data Center Facility Compliance
- Fiber network built using connections from top national ISPs
- Internal network is based on 10-gigabit and 100-gigabit backbone
- 3 TB combined network performance
- ISP-neutral blended, actively managed IP Bandwidth
- Backed-up, auto-rerouting connections from 10 Mbps to 10 Gbps
- Proactive Layer 3 and Layer 4 distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) defense
- Termination points for submarine fiber optic cables to Asia-Pacific and S. America
- Cloud access to Amazon AWS, Azure, Google and Oracle
Progent's hosting environment leverages advanced cloud-aware technologies from Microsoft including Hyper-V replication, Systems Center Virtual Machine Manager and Data Protection Manager. Progent's initial infrastructure deployment for private cloud hosting features:
- PCI compliant site
- Annual independent audits for SOC 1 Type II, SOC 2 Type II, SOC 3; HIPAA; ISO 27001;
Progent's Private Cloud Deployment Infrastructure
Progent makes use of the Flexential Tampa data cener facility mainly to provide private cloud hosting services. Progent has a group of IT consultants located in the vicinity of Tampa, and Progent can also provide remote support from Progent's nationwide roster of Microsoft-certified consultants, Cisco-certified CCIE network infrastructure engineers, ISSIP-CISSP-certified security consultants, Hyper-V and VMware virtualization professionals, and veteran disaster recovery/business continuity preparedness consultants. Progent can also help you to design and carry out a migration to the Flexential data center by providing services such as planning solution configuration, specifying hardware, system setup and validation, troubleshooting, setting up remote management, and training your IT support team.
- Eight Windows Server 2019 Hyper-V hosts
- 224 Intel Xeon processor cores
- 6.1TB of memory
- 67TB of RAID 1+0 Solid State Drive storage and 288TB of RAID 6 spinning disks
- Cisco Nexus 10G/40G dual redundant switch infrastructure
- All servers have redundant 20G of connectivity across dual redundant Cisco switches
- Fully redundant non-stop availability Cisco ASR 1000 Series router network architecture utilizing 8 distinct routers
- Progent participates directly in the global Internet backbone, advertising the company's own IP space via BGP using our assigned ASN 54695
- 21 gigabits of triple-redundant fiber optic Internet connectivity capacity to ISPs Lumen, Cogent and Telia's tier 1 worldwide networks
- Onsite and remote backup, replication and emergency restoration of all hosted cloud virtual servers
Typical Uses for Progent's Private Cloud Service
Progent's private cloud is a great option for organizations who want a more specialized system and a closer working relationship than is achievable with public clouds like AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and Rackspace Technology. Sample use cases for Progent's private cloud service include:
How to Get Started with Progent's Private Cloud Service
- Windows or Linux VMs hosted on Progent equipment with total backup and disaster recovery standard
- End-to-end VDI/hosted application environments for clients who intend to "move everything" to the cloud
- Affordable/low-commitment migration of customer-owned physical servers and infrastructure from a 1U server to a server farm
- Switchover replication of onsite servers to disaster recovery site
- Off-site backup and replication. Progent is especially competitive for requirements greater than 10TB.
- Client-hosted VoIP servers for national/regional multi-location businesses
- Centralized VPN connection hubs for nationwide or regional businesses
- Temporary virtual or physical servers required for short-term projects, testing, solution piloting, evaluations, etc.
- Server hardware provided and supported by Progent reserved for one customer. Managed/controlled either by client, by Progent, or co-managed.
- Emergency servers required to get back online quickly after unscheduled events like ransomware attacks, hardware failure, natural disasters, human error, etc.
- Migrate servers for mergers or acquisitions, change of ownership, etc.
To find out more about Progent's Private Cloud Hosting and to understand how Progent can assist your company to lower network management costs, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.