Progent's newest private cloud hosting site is located in Tampa, FL, at the Flexential Tampa North data center. As with Progent's Sacramento data center facility with private cloud hosting service, Flexential Tampa North is a full-service colocation site, providing on-site 24-hour trained staff and including full N+1 fault tolerance throughout all critical systems at the data center level as well as in Progent's own network and VM environment. Flexential's geographic location and high-capacity, redundant Internet architecture permit low-latency access to the east coast of the U.S. and to Central and South America.
Progent's private cloud hosting services offer exceptional value to organizations of all sizes looking for the affordability, availability, and minimized hassle of sharing a world-class data center while avoiding the restrictions and anonymous service associated with public clouds.
Progent's Private Cloud services use the Flexential Data Center in Tampa
The 60,000 square foot Flexential data center provides world-class features for power and environmental control, physical security, compliance, and Internet connectivity. Key features include:
Data Center Facility Power & Cooling
Data Center Facility Round-the-Clock Physical Security
- 2N UPS redundancy
- 3 MW critical load UPS capacity
- 150 watts per sq. ft. power density
- N + 1 cooling backup
- Hot/cold aisle airflow
- 100% power SLA
- 1.75 power usage effectiveness (PUE) rating
Data Center Connectivity
- Round-the-clock security and technical staff
- DFA access security
- Biometric scanners
- Monitored security
Data Center Compliance
- Fiber network implemented using connections from leading national ISPs
- Internal network is built using 10/100 Gbps backbone
- 3 TB total network performance
- ISP-neutral blended, actively managed and monitored IP Bandwidth
- Redundant, automatically rerouted connections with performance ranging from 10 Mbps to 10 Gbps
- Automatic Layer 3 and Layer 4 distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) defense
- Termination points for submarine cables to APAC and S. America
- Cloud connectivity to Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform and Oracle Cloud
Progent's private cloud hosting service incorporates advanced cloud-smart management platforms from Microsoft such as Hyper-V replication, Virtual Machine Manager and Data Protection Manager (DPM). Progent's preliminary environment for private cloud hosting services includes:
- PCI compliant facility
- Annual independent audits for Service Organization Control (SOC) 1 Type II, SOC 2 Type II, SOC 3; HIPAA; SSAE 18
Progent's Private Cloud Deployment Infrastructure
Progent makes use of the Flexential Tampa data cener facility mainly to provide private cloud hosting. Progent has a group of network consultants based in the Tampa area, and Progent also offers remote support from Progent's countrywide roster of Microsoft-certified experts, Cisco-certified CCIE network infrastructure engineers, ISSIP-CISSP-certified security experts, Hyper-V and VMware virtualization specialists, and veteran disaster recover planning experts. Progent can also help your business to design and execute a migration to the Flexential data center by providing services like designing system configuration, recommending hardware components, system setup and validation, troubleshooting, streamlining remote network management, and training your network support team.
- Eight Windows Server 2019 Hyper-V hosts
- 224 Intel Xeon processor cores
- 6.1TB of memory
- 67TB of RAID 10 SSD storage and 288TB of RAID 6 spinning media
- Cisco Nexus 10G/40G dual redundant switching deployment
- Servers feature redundant 20G of connectivity across redundant Cisco switches
- Redundant non-stop availability Cisco ASR 1000 Series router network architecture incorporating 8 distinct routers
- Progent participates directly in the worldwide Internet backbone, advertising the company's own IP space via BGP using our assigned Autonomous System Number (ASN) 54695
- 21 Gb of triple-redundant fiber Internet connectivity performance to ISPs Lumen, Cogent and Telia's tier 1 worldwide networks
- On-premises and off-site backup, replication and disaster recovery of all private cloud VMs
Sample Uses for Progent's Private Cloud Service
Progent's private cloud is an attractive option for organizations who need a more specialized environment and a less fragmented working relationship than is possible with public clouds like Amazon AWS, Azure, Google, and Rackspace Technology. Popular use cases for Progent's private cloud include:
How to Find Out More about Progent's Private Cloud Service
- Windows or Linux virtual servers hosted on Progent infrastructure with total backup and emergency restore standard
- Complete VDI/hosted application environments for clients who want to "move everything" to the cloud
- Low-cost/low-commitment colocation of customer-owned server hardware and infrastructure from a 1U server to a server farm
- Failover replication of on-premises servers to disaster recovery host site
- Remote backup and replication. Progent is especially competitive for requirements more than 10TB.
- Customer-hosted VoIP servers for nationwide/regional multi-site companies
- Centralized VPN access hubs for national or regional companies
- Temporary virtual or physical servers required for short-term projects, testing, solution piloting, evaluations, etc.
- Server hardware provided and supported by Progent dedicated to a single customer. Managed/controlled either by customer, by Progent, or co-managed.
- Emergency servers required to recover rapidly after unscheduled events such as ransomware attacks, hardware failure, natural catastrophes, fires, etc.
- Transition servers for mergers or acquisitions, new ownership, etc.
To find out more about Progent's Private Cloud Hosting Service and to understand how Progent can help your business to cut network management expenses, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.