Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Help from a Top-tier Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware needs time to work its way through a target network. For this reason, ransomware attacks are typically unleashed on weekends and at night, when IT personnel may be slower to recognize a break-in and are least able to mount a rapid and forceful defense. The more lateral movement ransomware is able to manage within a victim's network, the more time it will require to recover core IT services and scrambled files and the more information can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to help organizations to complete the time-critical first step in mitigating a ransomware attack by containing the malware. Progent's online ransomware engineer can help organizations in the Florianópolis metro area to identify and isolate breached devices and protect clean resources from being compromised.
If your network has been penetrated by any strain of ransomware, don't panic. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Services Offered in Florianópolis
Current variants of crypto-ransomware like Ryuk, Sodinokibi, DopplePaymer, and Nephilim encrypt online files and invade any accessible backups. Data synched to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a vulnerable network, this can make system recovery nearly impossible and basically throws the datacenter back to square one. So-called Threat Actors (TAs), the hackers behind a ransomware attack, demand a ransom fee in exchange for the decryptors required to unlock encrypted data. Ransomware assaults also try to exfiltrate information and TAs demand an additional payment in exchange for not publishing this data on the dark web. Even if you can rollback your network to a tolerable date in time, exfiltration can be a big issue according to the sensitivity of the downloaded information.
The recovery work subsequent to ransomware attack has several crucial phases, most of which can proceed concurrently if the response workgroup has a sufficient number of members with the necessary skill sets.
- Quarantine: This time-critical initial response requires arresting the sideways progress of ransomware within your network. The more time a ransomware assault is allowed to go unrestricted, the more complex and more expensive the restoration process. Recognizing this, Progent maintains a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline staffed by seasoned ransomware response engineers. Quarantine processes consist of isolating affected endpoint devices from the network to restrict the contagion, documenting the environment, and securing entry points.
- Operational continuity: This involves bringing back the IT system to a minimal acceptable level of functionality with the shortest possible delay. This process is usually the top priority for the targets of the ransomware attack, who often perceive it to be a life-or-death issue for their company. This activity also demands the broadest array of technical skills that span domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, PCs, notebooks and mobile phones, databases, office and mission-critical applications, network architecture, and protected remote access management. Progent's ransomware recovery team uses advanced collaboration platforms to organize the complicated restoration process. Progent appreciates the importance of working rapidly, continuously, and in unison with a customer's management and network support staff to prioritize tasks and to get critical services back online as fast as feasible.
- Data restoration: The work required to recover data impacted by a ransomware assault depends on the state of the systems, how many files are affected, and what recovery techniques are needed. Ransomware attacks can take down critical databases which, if not gracefully closed, may have to be reconstructed from scratch. This can apply to DNS and AD databases. Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server rely on Active Directory, and many manufacturing and other mission-critical platforms depend on SQL Server. Some detective work may be needed to locate undamaged data. For example, undamaged Outlook Email Offline Folder Files may have survived on employees' desktop computers and notebooks that were not connected at the time of the assault.
- Implementing modern antivirus/ransomware protection: Progent's Active Security Monitoring offers small and mid-sized companies the advantages of the identical AV technology implemented by many of the world's biggest enterprises including Netflix, Visa, and Salesforce. By providing in-line malware blocking, identification, containment, restoration and analysis in one integrated platform, ProSight Active Security Monitoring reduces total cost of ownership, simplifies administration, and expedites resumption of operations. The next-generation endpoint protection engine incorporated in ProSight ASM was ranked by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Read about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) endpoint protection and ransomware recovery.
- Negotiation with the hacker Progent has experience negotiating ransom settlements with threat actors. This requires working closely with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance carrier, if any. Services include determining the kind of ransomware involved in the attack; identifying and making contact with the hacker persona; testing decryption tool; budgeting a settlement amount with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance carrier; negotiating a settlement amount and schedule with the TA; checking compliance with anti-money laundering (AML) sanctions; overseeing the crypto-currency payment to the TA; receiving, reviewing, and operating the decryption utility; debugging failed files; building a pristine environment; remapping and reconnecting datastores to match exactly their pre-encryption condition; and recovering physical and virtual devices and services.
- Forensics: This process is aimed at discovering the ransomware assault's progress throughout the targeted network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware assault travelled within the network helps you to evaluate the damage and highlights weaknesses in rules or work habits that should be rectified to avoid later breaches. Forensics entails the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to detect anomalies. Forensic analysis is usually given a high priority by the cyber insurance provider. Because forensics can take time, it is critical that other key recovery processes like business resumption are pursued concurrently. Progent maintains a large roster of IT and cybersecurity professionals with the knowledge and experience required to carry out activities for containment, business resumption, and data recovery without disrupting forensic analysis.
Progent has delivered online and on-premises network services across the U.S. for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of SBEs includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in foundation technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular Linux distros. Progent's data security consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and ERP applications. This scope of expertise gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the undamaged parts of your information system after a ransomware assault and reconstruct them rapidly into an operational network. Progent has collaborated with leading cyber insurance providers like Chubb to help organizations clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Restoration Services in Florianópolis
For ransomware recovery expertise in the Florianópolis metro area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.