Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting in Fort Collins
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can save the system state after a ransomware attack and perform a comprehensive forensics investigation without interfering with the processes required for business resumption and data restoration. Your Fort Collins organization can utilize Progent's forensics report to block subsequent ransomware attacks, validate the cleanup of lost data, and meet insurance carrier and regulatory requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis involves determining and describing the ransomware attack's progress throughout the network from start to finish. This history of the way a ransomware assault travelled within the network helps you to evaluate the damage and uncovers vulnerabilities in security policies or work habits that should be corrected to avoid later break-ins. Forensic analysis is commonly assigned a top priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is often required by government and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can take time, it is essential that other important recovery processes like business resumption are executed concurrently. Progent has a large roster of IT and cybersecurity experts with the skills needed to perform activities for containment, operational resumption, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics analysis is complicated and calls for intimate interaction with the groups assigned to data recovery and, if needed, settlement negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor. forensics can involve the review of logs, registry, GPO, AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to check for changes.
Services involved with forensics analysis include:
- Detach but avoid shutting down all potentially affected devices from the system. This may require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and setting up two-factor authentication to guard your backups.
- Preserve forensically sound digital images of all suspect devices so your file restoration group can get started
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and additional critical logs as soon as possible
- Establish the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Inspect each machine and data store on the system as well as cloud-hosted storage for signs of encryption
- Catalog all encrypted devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Review log activity and user sessions in order to determine the time frame of the ransomware assault and to identify any possible lateral migration from the originally infected system
- Understand the security gaps exploited to carry out the ransomware assault
- Look for the creation of executables associated with the first encrypted files or system compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze attachments
- Separate URLs from email messages and determine whether they are malicious
- Provide extensive attack reporting to meet your insurance and compliance mandates
- Document recommended improvements to shore up security gaps and enforce processes that lower the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered online and onsite IT services throughout the United States for over two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in foundation technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This scope of skills allows Progent to identify and integrate the undamaged parts of your IT environment after a ransomware assault and reconstruct them rapidly into a functioning system. Progent has collaborated with leading insurance carriers like Chubb to help organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Services in Fort Collins
To find out more about ways Progent can assist your Fort Collins business with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.