Expanding your remote workforce may have a significant effect on IT infrastructure, security, and company workflows. Progent has 20 years of background helping businesses of all sizes to design, deploy, administer, tune, and debug IT environments that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can assist your Fort Wayne organization to select the appropriate technologies and adhere to leading practices in building and operating a secure virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and delivers maximum value. Progent offers services that go from on demand guidance for getting you past challenging technical roadblocks to full project management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Fort Wayne, Indiana businesses to with any facet of creating a high-functioning telecommuting environment by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, Call Desk outsourcing, security monitoring, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Voice/Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A broad range of video conferencing platforms from leading vendors support virtual discussions, video conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both local users and at-home workers. Many companies utilize multiple products to accommodate their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can help you to maintain your existing conferencing environment and optimize the engagement of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications platform that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help you to configure and maintain Skype for Business client software to accommodate your at-home employees. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone platform for iOS and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime support up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video sessions. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based capture, plus editing and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Webex as well as for additional IP video products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conversations, contacts, and information with features that include IP voice and video conferencing, persistent chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's support services for Microsoft Teams as well as for other Office 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and troubleshooting services for these conferencing platforms and
help you to optimize your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To contact Progent about building and maintaining a productive work-from-home solution for your Fort Wayne, Indiana organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.