Expanding your remote workforce can have a major effect on network architecture, cybersecurity, and company processes. Progent has two decades of experience helping businesses of all sizes to plan, deploy, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can assist your Fort Wayne company to select the right technologies and adhere to leading practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and returns maximum value. Progent can provide support services ranging from on demand expertise for helping you past challenging technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist Fort Wayne, Indiana businesses to succeed with any facet of creating a high-performing work-from-home environment by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, helpdesk services, security monitoring, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A broad selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from major vendors enable online discussions, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both local users and at-home workers. Many companies utilize a mix of products to accommodate their various partners and clients. Progent can assist your organization to maintain your existing conferencing environment and enhance the experience of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that supports real-time presence, IM, voice and video calling and conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to set up and maintain Skype for Business clients to accommodate your at-home employees. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone platform for compatible iOS and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 concurrent users for video calls. For details about Progent's support expertise for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based capture, plus editing and playback for training. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Cisco Webex and for additional video conferencing products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conferencing, contacts, and content with capabilities that include video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams and for other Microsoft 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and debugging expertise for these products and
assist your business to optimize your network infrastructure to host them.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient telecommuter solution for your Fort Wayne, Indiana organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.