Expanding your at-home workforce can have a significant effect on network architecture, cybersecurity, and corporate culture. Progent has two decades of background assisting businesses of all sizes to design, deploy, manage, optimize, and debug IT environments that support work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Fort Worth organization to select the right tools and follow leading practices in building and operating a safe virtual solution for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and delivers maximum business value. Progent can provide support services ranging from on demand expertise for helping you over occasional technical roadblocks to full project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Fort Worth, Texas businesses to with any aspect of creating a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, Call Desk augmentation, data security, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure needed to support a remote workforce can be particularly complex if you have to manage a mix of worker-owned hardware like desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from different vendors and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing online support for both legacy and current technologies in remote office solutions enables you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for making essential upgrades. Support services offered by Progent to assist you to create a productive telecommuting ecosystem include:
- VPN technology makes it possible to establish a secure connection for authorized remote workers to access IT assets situated at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent can assist you to configure and manage VPN access between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can help your remote workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software for safe VPN connections for a broad selection of devices such as Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow a teleworker to see and use a remote PC's desktop. This gives IT managers substantial control over the digital environment of telecommuters and offers them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier online support for deploying routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often supporting an entire household and visitors, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can cause throughput and cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these issues by delivering expertise that include Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless access point integration assistance.
- Internet access methods affect the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate network. Vital processes might demand redundant Internet access in case the normal connection fails. Progent offers expertise for selecting ISPs, picking appropriate service offerings, and configuring high-availability Internet access. Refer to Internet access integration services.
IP Voice Solutions for Teleworkers
Extending the company phone environment to accommodate remote users is vital to maintaining an effective work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-centric IP voice products are popular with small and mid-size businesses to server remote users. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's current or legacy platforms for IP voice management. Progent can help organizations of any size to plan or maintain a remote VoIP environment that delivers the flexibility, convenience and security needed for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants can provide high-level support to help organizations optimize their existing Cisco IP voice environments to support a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends enterprise IP telephony features to devices like VoIP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media applications deployed across the network. Unified Communications Manager supports other mixed media services such as messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM support, refer to CUCM consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent's consultants can help your company to support your existing CallManager deployment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice platforms, visit CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with public telephony networks and with users working outside the corporate firewall
such as telecommuters. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your wide area network infrastructure to work with these VoIP solutions and provide as-needed integration and debugging services.
Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A broad selection of video conferencing products from major vendors support online discussions, video conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both onsite users and teleworkers. Many organizations use multiple products to meet the needs of their different partners and clients. Progent can help you to manage your existing voice/video conferencing environment and optimize the experience of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications platform that enables real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video calling and conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help you to configure and manage Skype for Business client software to accommodate your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone app for iOS and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime support as many as 32 simultaneous users for voice/video calls. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based recording, plus editing and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex and for additional IP video products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conversations, contacts, and content with capabilities that include video conferencing, persistent chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Teams as well as for additional Microsoft 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and troubleshooting expertise for these products and
help your business to tune your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office suites, offering a rich environment of applications that deliver a consistent user experience for exchanging data and ideas throughout a corporate network and on a broad selection of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered online consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their initial releases and can help businesses to configure these flagship collaboration products to maximize the effectiveness of your at-home workers.
SharePoint uses web sites to facilitate collaboration and knowledge sharing by providing policy-based access to content, business processes, and utilities for searching through company-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to build secure web portals that allows remote workforce to see and edit consolidated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts. For details about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, see SharePoint integration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange consulting services, see deployment consulting services for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can store files to OneDrive, and colleagues anywhere can access them securely via a browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables home employees to co-author documents. Revisions made offline are synced when you reconnect to the Internet. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft OneDrive, go to Microsoft Onedrive configuration consulting.
Cloud Integration Services for At-Home Workers
Progent offers affordable remote assistance for enabling businesses to create, manage and repair cohesive network architectures that incorporate physical data centers, remote workers, branch offices, and cloud resources. Progent offers expertise for all types of cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help at-home workers fix problems with cloud connectivity, identity, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a popular platform for public cloud software and services that allows you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and key applications running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure includes more than one hundred cloud-based services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help you to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure AD, and plan backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you establish protected connections to Azure services for teleworkers by setting up and debugging firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Azure, refer to Azure expertise.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of client productivity software and cloud-based services offered on a subscription basis. Office applications and services are marketed in a variety of bundles designed for users ranging from students and small offices to major corporations. Progent offers quick and affordable remote contact with experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible endpoints running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can assist your business to evaluate the numerous subscription bundles offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 applications for your at-home workers in a way that delivers maximum business value. To learn about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Office 365 consulting services.
Exchange Online is one of the most popular cloud-based applications in the Office 365 product line. Exchange Online offers the advantages of reduced spending for physical infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and other advantages associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with on-premises Exchange environments, enabling customers to create hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's Exchange consultants are available for occasional assistance to guide you past tough technical bottlenecks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to ensure your remote workers have convenient and secure access to your Office 365 Exchange Online deployment. For details Progent's support services for Office 365 Exchange Online, refer to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and support expertise.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud market and is the world's leading source of cloud-based services. Progent can provide quick and economical online contact with cloud connectivity consultants who can assist your organization to plan, implement, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises resources and with other popular cloud platforms like Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist your company to create a high-availability network model to make sure your employees have a productive computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, from home, or on the move. To find out about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a leading suite of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your organization to extend your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database experts can help you make your critical applications cloud friendly so your remote workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can help you to deploy VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage solution with Google Cloud Storage, and streamline identity control for teleworkers with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent's consultants can also help your business to use GCP's management tools to administer and monitor your GCP ecosystem. For details, visit Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting support.
Help Desk Support for Telecommuters
A fast, organization-wide changeover to a teleworker workforce, which could be the result of an epidemic or as an element of a disaster recovery preparedness plan, can overwhelm even a high-performing internal Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for businesses of any size to outsource or augment their Support Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk support services utilize Progent's extensive network of online IT support experts along with world-class ticketing and follow-up technology to provide an affordable, modern Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that handles all aspects of online Level 1 desktop support from help requests to trouble ticket creation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables telecommuters to check or edit the status of their active tickets, enter details, and upload screenshots and attachments. Technical support services are provided at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 technical service rates, and Progent offers the option of rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to deal with complex issues. To find out more, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Service enables you to expand your current Call Desk team by sharing responsibilities for Call Desk support transparently between your in-house IT support organization and Progent's extensive pool of desktop support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Support Desk service is based on a collective support model utilizing the leading PSA platform for handling help requests and trouble tickets, establishing ownership, tracking progress, and producing reports. For information about how Progent's Support Desk Supplementation Services can help your business to provide world-class technical support to your at-home workforce, refer to Progent's Support Desk supplementation Services.
Security for Remote Workers
At-home workers commonly run their own computers and work in an unsecured environment. This increases their vulnerability to cyber attacks and calls for judicious deployment of security appliances, remote endpoint monitoring, and the creation of security policies that follow best practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified cybersecurity professionals can assist you to design, deploy and administer a compliant cybersecurity solution that protects sensitive data in networks that include remote workers.
- Firewalls allow companies to create a network that can be safely utilized by local users and by teleworkers, mobile employees, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall devices permit you to configure and control different access rights to various groups of users and to scale your network and modify your security profile as your company evolves and as cyber threats grow increasingly sophisticated. Progent works with both current and older security appliances from all major manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall configuration services, refer to firewall integration and support services.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the various computers used by teleworkers and either reject or identify and mitigate modern cyber attacks such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight agent is installed on each secured endpoint, monitoring all activity and using advanced machine learning to detect new attacks on arrival. When an attack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly isolates the targeted endpoint from the network to contain the threat. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is autonomous, endpoint devices remain secure even if they are not connected to the Internet. To find out more about ProSight ASM, visit remote endpoint monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your information system to all types of external and internal security threats for an environment that includes telecommuters. Progent can run remote, automated security inventory software for quickly and affordably uncovering a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit consulting services, which can be managed by network security experts with top certifications including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist you to audit your operations and policies and assess your WAN infrastructure to enable you to design the highest level of protection for your remote workers.
Data Protection Solutions for Remote Workers
Data Protection involves saving and restoring critical information so as to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time in case of storage failures resulting from hardware issues, software glitches, user mistakes, cyber attack, or other causes. Reliable data protection strategies can be especially difficult to design and maintain in hybrid networks that incorporate local data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore strategies for telecommuters must address diverse kinds of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent offers fast online help from consultants familiar with a broad array of platforms for backing up Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/recovery products maintained by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up resources distributed across a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud storage and includes fine-grained restore and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans commonly envision circumstances that call for a rapid changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity specialists can assist your company to produce, document and validate a DR/BC plan that addresses the logistics of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Endpoint Manager features a unified environment for safeguarding critical data by managing onsite, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting off-premises computers and applications. Managed endpoint devices can be user owned or company owned. Network admins managing the endpoint computers of telecommuters can utilize Intune to provision and authenticate applications on managed devices, push patches and certificates, configure policies for permission to access information and networks, set passwords, create VPN tunnels, control how teleworkers share data, set up threat defense, verify compliance, and erase corporate data from missing, stolen or deactivated devices. Intune works with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X computers. For details about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can assist your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the devices of your at-home workforce, visit Intune remote device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified MDM product that helps network managers to keep offsite endpoints up to date and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for access control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises deployment via a one-time purchase. Key features of Workspace ONE include rapid remote deployment of out-of-the-box notebooks, quick onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, aggregated reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud products. For details about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE remote device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To contact Progent about building and managing a productive work-from-home environment for your Fort Worth, Texas organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.