Expanding your remote workforce may have a significant impact on network infrastructure, security, and corporate culture. Progent has two decades of background helping SMBs to plan, configure, administer, tune, and debug IT networks that support at-home workers. Progent can assist your Fort Worth organization to pick the appropriate tools and adhere to best practices in creating and operating a safe virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and returns maximum value. Progent can provide services ranging from on demand expertise for helping you past occasional IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent can help Fort Worth, Texas businesses to with any facet of creating a high-functioning work-at-home environment by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, helpdesk outsourcing, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Integrating the network infrastructure required for a remote work environment can be particularly challenging if you must manage a combination of worker-owned hardware like PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from an assortment of vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering remote help for both legacy and modern IT products in remote office solutions enables you to make cost-effective use of your available infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for implement essential updates. Services available from Progent to help you to implement a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- VPN connectivity makes it possible to create a safe connection for authenticated remote employees to use IT assets located at your company datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to deploy and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key network resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can help your remote workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a broad selection of devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable a telecommuter to view and use a data center computer's desktop. This provides network managers substantial control over the computing environment of telecommuters and offers remote users a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier online consulting for configuring routers from a range of manufacturers. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting an entire household and guests, are commonly used by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can create performance as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist you to mitigate these issues by delivering expertise that include Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point integration assistance.
- Internet access solutions impact the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Business-critical applications might require redundant Internet access in case the primary connection fails. Progent can provide expertise for selecting service providers, selecting sensible service offerings, and configuring redundant Internet connections. See Internet access integration services.
VoIP Integration for Remote Workers
Extending the corporate PBX environment to accommodate remote users is critical to maintaining a productive work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-based digital PBX products are popular with small and mid-size businesses to server teleworkers. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's current or legacy products for IP voice solutions. Progent can help businesses of all sizes to plan or maintain a remote IP voice environment that delivers the flexibility, transparency and protection required for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants offer high-level support to help businesses tune their current Cisco IP voice systems to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers high-end IP telephony features to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia applications deployed across the network. Unified Communications Manager manages additional mixed media services such as unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, see Cisco Unified CM expertise.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent's consultants can help your company to support your existing CallManager deployment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony products. For details about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP products, visit CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with public telephony networks and with clients working beyond the corporate firewall
such as telecommuters. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your wide area network infrastructure to support these solutions and provide as-needed configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A broad selection of voice/video conferencing products from leading technology companies enable virtual discussions, video conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both local workers and teleworkers. Many companies use a mix of conferencing products to meet the needs of their different partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can help you to manage your current conferencing ecosystem and enhance the experience of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that supports presence, instant messaging, audio and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help you to configure and maintain Skype for Business client software to accommodate your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone app for compatible iOS and Mac devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime support up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus editing and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's support services for Cisco Webex as well as for other video conferencing products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conferencing, contacts, and information with features such as IP voice and video calling, persistent chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Teams and for other Microsoft 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and troubleshooting services for these conferencing platforms and
assist you to optimize your WAN architecture to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office families, providing a powerful environment of applications that create a consistent user interface for exchanging data and ideas throughout a corporate network and on a wide range of endpoint computers. Progent has provided online consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their first publication and can assist your company to deploy these critical collaboration platforms to maximize the productivity of your at-home workers.
SharePoint uses web sites to allow collaboration and information sharing by offering policy-driven delivery of data, workflow, and tools for looking through company-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to create protected portals that allows remote workers to see and edit aggregated business intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts. To learn about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, see SharePoint configuration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, go to integration consulting services for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can store files to OneDrive, and co-workers can share them safely via a web browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive enables home workers to jointly author documents. Revisions made offline are automatically synced when you reconnect to the Internet. For information about Progent's expertise for OneDrive, go to Onedrive integration experts.
Public Cloud Integration for Remote Workers
Progent offers advanced online assistance for helping organizations to create, manage and repair cohesive hybrid network models that include physical data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, and cloud resources. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all types of cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help remote workers fix problems with cloud connectivity, authentication, and security.
Azure is a popular platform for public cloud software and services that enables you to utilize IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and key applications hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes over one hundred services services including hosting for Windows and Linux-based VMs, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help your organization to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and plan backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you establish protected connections to Azure for teleworkers by configuring and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN tunnels. To learn about Progent's support services for Microsoft Azure, see Azure expertise.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of client productivity software and cloud-based services offered by subscription. Office apps and services are provided in a selection of bundles designed for users ranging from students and households to large enterprises. Progent can provide quick and affordable online contact with experts knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible client devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can help you to assess the various subscription bundles offered with Office 365 and configure 365 apps for your remote workers in a way that delivers maximum business value. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, go to Microsoft Office 365 consulting support.
Exchange Online is one of the most widely used applications in the Office 365 product product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the benefits of reduced spending for physical infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and additional advantages inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to run transparently with local deployments of Exchange, enabling you to build hybrid information systems. Progent's Exchange experts can provide occasional help to guide you through challenging technical roadblocks and also offer comprehensive project management outsourcing to make sure your telecommuters have easy and secure access to your Office 365 Exchange Online environment. To learn Progent's expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, go to Office 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing market and is the industry's biggest provider of cloud services. Progent can provide fast and affordable online access to cloud integration consultants who can assist your organization to plan, implement, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises resources and with other public clouds such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist your company to build a high-uptime network architecture so your employees have a productive computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, from home, or on the road. For information about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud Platform is a leading suite of cloud computing services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your organization to scale your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database consultants can help you make your mission-critical applications cloud friendly so your at-home workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can assist your business to deploy VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage solution with Google Cloud Storage services, and simplify identity management for teleworkers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also assist your business to use GCP's management technology to administer and monitor your GCP ecosystem. For details, see Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration services.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Telecommuters
A fast, enterprise-wide transition to a telecommuter workforce, which might be driven by a pandemic or as an element of a business continuity plan, can overwhelm even a high-performing internal Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for organizations to outsource or augment their Call Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk support services utilize Progent's extensive network of remote technical support experts combined with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking software to offer an economical, modern Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that addresses all facets of remote Level 1 desktop technical support from initial help requests through ticket creation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables teleworkers to check or edit the status of their current trouble tickets, enter details, and upload screen captures or relevant files. Technical support services are provided at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop support rates, and Progent makes available optional rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to deal with complex issues. To find out more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Service allows you to expand your existing Support Desk team by splitting delivery of Call Desk services transparently between your in-house support organization and Progent's nationwide roster of PC support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Help Desk Call Center service uses a co-sourcing support solution based on the number one professional services automation tool for managing help requests and ticketing, assigning responsibility, monitoring progress, and producing reports. To learn how Progent's Support Desk Supplementation Services can enable your company to provide world-class IT support to your teleworkers, refer to Progent's Help Desk Call Center augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for Telecommuters
Remote workers commonly run their own computers and work in a physically unsecured space. This worsens their exposure to cyber threats and calls for careful deployment of security appliances, remote monitoring, and the creation of policies that adhere to leading practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified cybersecurity experts can help you to plan, deploy and manage a modern security solution that protects critical data in IT networks that include an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls allow companies to build a network environment that can be securely utilized by local users and by at-home workers, mobile workers, suppliers, customers, and the public. Modern firewall devices allow you to assign and manage appropriate access rights to different classes of users and to scale your network and adjust your security profile as your business evolves and as network attacks grow more sophisticated. Progent works with both current and older firewall devices from all major vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall support services, visit firewall integration and support services.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to track the disparate computers utilized by remote workers and either block or identify and respond to modern cyber attacks like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint software agent is put on every protected endpoint, watching all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art AI technology to identify new attacks on arrival. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight ASM instantly isolates the infected endpoint device from the corporate network to contain the threat. Since the ProSight ASM software agent is self-contained, endpoints stay secure even when they are not connected to the Internet. To learn more about ProSight ASM, refer to remote endpoint security monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your information system to all classes of outside and internal security threats for a network that includes teleworkers. Progent can deploy remote, automated security inventory software for rapidly and affordably detecting a wide variety of security gaps that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment consulting services, which can be provided by security professionals with top credentials such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your business to evaluate your processes and governance policies and review your IT infrastructure to enable you to implement the highest level of security for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection Solutions for At-Home Workers
Data Protection involves saving and recovering vital data so as to avoid data loss and reduce restoration time in case of storage system failures due to equipment issues, software hiccups, human error, malware, or any other reason. Reliable data protection strategies can be particularly difficult to design and manage in hybrid networks that incorporate private data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for telecommuters must address multiple types of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide fast remote access to consultants knowledgeable about a broad range of platforms for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as laptops, iPads and smartphones. Popular backup/restore solutions maintained by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect data spread throughout a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud storage and includes granular restore and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans typically envision circumstances that require a rapid changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity planning specialists can help you to produce, document and validate a DR/BC plan that includes the process of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management products under the name Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Endpoint Manager provides a unified platform for safeguarding critical information by controlling onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing mobile devices and software. Remote endpoint devices can be personally owned or company owned. IT administrators managing the endpoint devices of teleworkers can use Intune to provision and authenticate applications on managed devices, push patches and certificates, configure rules for permission to access data and networks, set passwords, establish VPN connections, control how telecommuters share data, set up threat defense, ensure compliance, and delete corporate information from lost, stolen or decommissioned devices. Microsoft Intune runs with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS devices. For information about Intune and how Progent can assist you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the devices of your telecommuters, go to Intune telecommuter device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized MDM product that allows network administrators to keep remote endpoints up to date and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for authorization control, application management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises product via a one-time purchase. Key features of Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air deployment of out-of-the-box notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of devices, unifies management reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based products. To find out about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE remote device management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining a productive telecommuter solution for your Fort Worth, Texas company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.