Enlarging your telecommuter workforce can have a significant effect on network infrastructure, security/compliance, and company processes. Progent has 20 years of experience helping small and mid-size businesses to design, configure, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Fremont company to select the right technologies and follow best practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and delivers top business value. Progent can provide support services ranging from on demand guidance for getting you over challenging IT bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Fremont, California organizations to with any aspect of creating a high-performing work-at-home ecosystem by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, Help Desk outsourcing, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure required for an at-home workforce can be particularly complex if you must manage a combination of worker-owned hardware such as PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless APs from an assortment of manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing remote help for both legacy as well as modern technologies in remote office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing network infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for implement essential upgrades. Support services available from Progent to help your company to create a productive telecommuting ecosystem include:
- VPN technology makes it possible to create a safe tunnel for authorized remote employees to access IT resources situated at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to deploy and manage VPN access between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can assist your at-home workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software for safe VPN connections for a wide range of devices including Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow an at-home worker to view and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This gives IT managers substantial control over the computing environment of at-home employees and offers remote users a familiar experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier online consulting for deploying routers from all major manufacturers. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting families and guests, are commonly utilized by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause performance and security problems. Progent can help you to resolve these issues by providing services like Cisco Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless AP setup assistance.
- Internet access methods affect the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company data center. Mission-critical processes may require backup Internet connections in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for picking service providers, picking appropriate service offerings, and configuring high-availability Internet access. Refer to Internet access solutions.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and managing a productive telecommuter environment for your Fremont, California organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.