Enlarging your remote workforce may have a significant impact on network architecture, cybersecurity, and company workflows. Progent has two decades of background assisting small and mid-size businesses to design, configure, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can assist your Fremont organization to pick the right tools and follow leading practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual solution for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and delivers top value. Progent can provide support services that go from on demand guidance for getting you over occasional IT bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent can help Fremont, California organizations to with any aspect of creating a high-performing work-from-home environment by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, Help Desk augmentation, security and compliance, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure required to support an at-home workforce can be especially challenging if you must accommodate a combination of worker-owned hardware such as PCs and laptops, routers, and wireless appliances from different vendors and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering remote help for both legacy and modern technologies in virtual office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for making essential upgrades. Support services available from Progent to help you to create a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity allows you to create a secure tunnel for authorized at-home employees to use IT assets located at your corporate datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to deploy and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your key network resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can help your at-home workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software for secure VPN connections for a wide selection of devices including Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable a teleworker to see and interact with a data center computer's desktop. This provides IT managers substantial control over the computing environment of at-home employees and ensures remote users a familiar experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert online consulting for integrating home routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by families and visitors, are commonly used by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can cause performance as well as security problems. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these issues by providing expertise like Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP integration assistance.
- Internet access solutions affect the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Business-critical applications might require redundant Internet connections in case the primary connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for selecting ISPs, selecting appropriate service bundles, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient work-from-home environment for your Fremont, California business, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.