Expanding your remote workforce can have a major effect on network architecture, security, and company processes. Progent has 20 years of experience helping businesses of all sizes to design, deploy, administer, tune, and debug IT environments that support a remote workforce. Progent can help your Fremont company to pick the right technologies and adhere to best practices in building and operating a secure virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and returns top business value. Progent offers services that go from as-needed expertise for getting you past occasional technical roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Fremont, California organizations to succeed with any aspect of building a high-performing work-from-home ecosystem by providing infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, Help Desk outsourcing, data security, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure required for a remote workforce can be especially complex if you have to manage a combination of personal equipment like PCs and laptops, routers, and wireless APs from various vendors and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing online help for both outdated as well as modern IT products in virtual office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for making essential updates. Support services offered by Progent to help you to create a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- VPN technology allows you to establish a safe tunnel for authorized remote workers to use IT resources situated at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key IT resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can help your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a broad range of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable a telecommuter to view and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This technology provides IT managers more control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and offers them a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier remote consulting for deploying home routers from all major vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by an entire household and visitors, are commonly used by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can cause performance as well as security issues. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these problems by providing expertise like Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless AP setup help.
- Internet access methods impact the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Line-of-business processes may require backup Internet access in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for picking Internet service providers, choosing sensible service bundles, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet access. See Internet access integration services.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To contact Progent about building and maintaining a productive telecommuter solution for your Fremont, California business, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.