Enlarging your at-home workforce may have a major impact on IT architecture, security, and corporate culture. Progent has two decades of background helping small and mid-size businesses to plan, deploy, manage, tune, and debug IT environments that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Garland organization to select the right technologies and adhere to leading practices in creating and operating a safe virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and delivers top value. Progent can provide support services that go from as-needed guidance for helping you past challenging IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can help Garland, Texas companies to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-performing telecommuting ecosystem by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, Call Desk outsourcing, security monitoring, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure required for an at-home workforce can be particularly complicated if you have to accommodate a combination of worker-owned equipment such as desktop computers and laptops, routers, and wireless appliances from an assortment of vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background providing online support for both legacy as well as current technologies in virtual office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for implement essential upgrades. Support services offered by Progent to help your company to implement a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- VPN technology makes it possible to create a secure tunnel for authorized remote employees to use IT assets located at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent can help your company to configure and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can help your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for secure VPN tunneling for a broad selection of endpoint devices such as Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow a telecommuter to view and use a remote PC's desktop. This technology provides network managers more control over the computing environment of telecommuters and offers them a familiar work experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert remote support for configuring home routers from all major vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically shared by the whole family and visitors, are commonly utilized by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause performance and security problems. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these problems by delivering expertise like Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point integration assistance.
- Internet access solutions affect the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company data center. Line-of-business applications might require redundant Internet access in case the normal connection fails. Progent can provide expertise for picking service providers, choosing sensible bandwidth and data volume offerings, and integrating redundant Internet connections. See Internet access solutions.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To contact Progent about building and maintaining a productive telecommuter environment for your Garland, Texas company, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.