Expanding your telecommuter workforce may have a significant impact on network infrastructure, cybersecurity, and company culture. Progent has 20 years of background helping small and mid-size businesses to plan, configure, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can help your Garland company to select the appropriate tools and adhere to best practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and delivers top value. Progent can provide support services that go from as-needed guidance for getting you past challenging IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Garland, Texas businesses to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-functioning work-at-home environment by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, helpdesk services, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure needed to support an at-home work environment can be particularly complicated if you have to accommodate a combination of personal hardware like desktop computers and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi APs from different vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering online support for both outdated as well as current technologies in virtual office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for making essential updates. Services offered by Progent to help your company to implement a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity allows you to establish a secure connection for authenticated remote employees to access IT resources located at your corporate datacenter or in the cloud. Progent can assist you to deploy and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing online VPN integration support. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA experts can assist your remote workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN connections for a broad selection of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow an at-home worker to view and use a remote PC's desktop. This gives network managers significant control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and offers remote users a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent offers expert remote support for integrating routers from all major vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically shared by the whole family and guests, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create performance as well as security problems. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these problems by providing expertise that include Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP integration help.
- Internet access solutions affect the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Business-critical processes may require backup Internet access in the event the normal connection fails. Progent offers expertise for identifying ISPs, selecting appropriate bandwidth and data volume bundles, and integrating fault-tolerant Internet access. Refer to Internet access integration services.
VoIP Solutions for At-Home Workers
Expanding the company PBX environment to accommodate telecommuters is vital to supporting a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-based digital PBX platforms are used by SMBs to server teleworkers. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's modern or older platforms for IP voice management. Progent can assist organizations of any size to design or tune a remote IP voice service that provides the flexibility, convenience and protection needed for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants can provide advanced support to assist businesses tune their current Cisco VoIP systems to handle an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends high-end IP telephony capabilities to devices such as IP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media software deployed throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager supports additional mixed media services like unified messaging, video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, visit Cisco Unified Communications Manager consultants.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can help your company to maintain your existing CallManager deployment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice products, refer to CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with PSTN networks and with clients operating outside the corporate perimeter
like at-home workers. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series and for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your wide area network infrastructure to support these VoIP solutions and deliver as-needed integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A broad selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from major technology companies support virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both onsite workers and telecommuters. Many companies use multiple products to meet the needs of their different partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to manage your current conferencing ecosystem and enhance the engagement of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that enables presence, IM, audio and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist you to set up and manage Skype for Business client software to support your remote workforce. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for compatible iOS and macOS devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 concurrent users for video calls. For details about Progent's consulting services for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for most computing devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex as well as for other video conferencing solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conversations, contacts, and information with features that include IP voice and video calling, threaded chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Teams as well as for other Office 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and debugging expertise for these products and
assist you to optimize your network infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office suites, offering a powerful environment of applications that create a consistent user experience for exchanging data and ideas across a corporate network and on a wide selection of endpoint devices. Progent has provided online consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original publication and can help your company to configure these flagship collaboration products to optimize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint uses web sites to enable collaboration and information delivery by offering policy-driven delivery of content, workflow, and tools for looking through company-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to build protected web portals that permits at-home workers to see and edit aggregated corporate intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To learn about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, visit SharePoint configuration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange expertise, refer to deployment consulting services for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home users can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers can retrieve them safely via a browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive enables remote workers to co-author files. Revisions created offline are automatically synced when you reconnect to the Internet. To learn about Progent's support services for Microsoft OneDrive, go to Onedrive integration experts.
Cloud Integration for Teleworkers
Progent can provide fast and affordable online support for enabling organizations to build, manage and troubleshoot integrated hybrid network architectures that incorporate internal data centers, remote workers, branch offices, plus public cloud services. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all modes of public cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters fix problems with public cloud connectivity, identity, and security.
Azure is a leading family of public cloud software and services that enables you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes over 100 services services including hosting for Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist your organization to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure AD, and plan data backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to create secure connections to Azure services for remote workers by configuring and debugging firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. To find out about Progent's expertise for Azure, visit Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of client productivity applications and cloud-based services offered on a subscription basis. Microsoft applications and services are provided in a selection of bundles intended for users ranging from individuals and small offices to major enterprises. Progent can provide fast and easy remote access to experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can assist your business to evaluate the numerous subscription plans offered with Office 365 and configure 365 apps for your at-home workers to achieve top business value. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, see Office 365 integration expertise.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used cloud-based applications in the Microsoft 365 product product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of reduced spending for physical infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and other advantages associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to operate transparently with on-premises Exchange environments, enabling you to create hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's certified Exchange consultants are available for occasional assistance to guide you through challenging technical roadblocks and also offer comprehensive project management services to ensure your teleworkers have easy and safe access to your Office 365 Exchange Online environment. For details Progent's support services for Office 365 Exchange Online, visit Exchange Online integration and support consulting.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud market and is the industry's biggest source of cloud-based services. Progent can provide fast and economical online access to cloud integration experts who can help your business to design, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local data centers and with other popular cloud platforms like Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help your company to build a high-availability network model so your users have a productive computing environment whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, from home, or on the road. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud is a popular set of cloud computing services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your organization to expand your current IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA experts can help you make your critical applications cloud ready so your teleworkers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can assist your business to set up VMs on GCP Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage system with Google Cloud Storage, and streamline access control for telecommuters with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent's consultants can also assist your business to use GCP's unified management tools to control and track your GCP ecosystem. For details, visit Google Cloud Platform consulting support.
Help Desk Support for Teleworkers
A sudden, company-wide switchover to a teleworker workforce, which could be driven by a pandemic or as part of a disaster recovery/business continuity preparedness plan, can overwhelm even the most efficient internal Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow organizations to outsource or supplement their Call Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk services leverage Progent's nationwide network of remote IT support specialists combined with world-class trouble ticketing and follow-up technology to offer an economical, state-of-the-art Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that addresses all facets of online Level 1 desktop technical support from help requests to trouble ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows from-home workers to check or update their current tickets, add information, and upload screen captures and relevant files. Technical support services are delivered at a substantial discount off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop service charges, and Progent offers optional fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to resolve complex problems. To learn more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Service allows your business to supplement your current Help Desk Call Center organization by sharing delivery of Call Desk services transparently between your regular IT support staff and Progent's extensive roster of desktop support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Help Desk service is based on a co-sourcing support solution utilizing the leading professional services automation platform for managing help requests and trouble tickets, assigning responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating reports. For details about how Progent's Call Desk Supplementation Services can enable your business to deliver best-in-class technical support to your at-home workforce, see Progent's Support Desk augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for At-Home Workers
At-home workers often run their personal computing devices and work in an unsecured environment. This increases their exposure to cyber threats and calls for careful use of firewalls, remote endpoint monitoring, and the creation of security policies that adhere to leading practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified data security experts can help your company to plan, deploy and administer a compliant security solution that guards sensitive information in networks that include teleworkers.
- Firewalls enable companies to create a network that can be securely utilized by local users and by telecommuters, mobile workers, vendors, clients, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall appliances permit you to configure and control appropriate permissions to various groups of users and to scale your network and modify your security as your business evolves and as cyber threats grow increasingly sophisticated. Progent supports both new and legacy security appliances from all major vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall support expertise, visit firewall integration and support services.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to track the disparate devices utilized by telecommuters and either block or spot and mitigate modern threats such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight software agent is installed on each protected endpoint device, monitoring all activity and using advanced machine learning and full execution context to detect zero-day threats at inception. When an attack is spotted, ProSight ASM immediately disconnects the impacted endpoint device from the corporate network to quarantine the malware. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is autonomous, endpoint devices stay secure even if they are disconnected from the Internet. For details about ProSight ASM, see remote endpoint monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your network to all classes of outside and local security threats for an environment that includes telecommuters. Progent can deploy online, automated cybersecurity inventory scanning for rapidly and affordably uncovering a wide variety of security holes that can be found over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment consulting services, which can be managed by security professionals with advanced certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your business to audit your workflows and policies and assess your IT architecture to enable you to implement the highest level of protection for your at-home workers.
Data Protection for Remote Workers
The field of Data Protection involves backing up and restoring critical information in order to prevent data loss and reduce recovery time and effort in the event of storage problems resulting from hardware issues, programming glitches, operator mistakes, cyber attack, or other causes. Reliable data protection solutions can be especially challenging to architect and manage in hybrid networks that incorporate local data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore strategies for an at-home workforce must cover multiple kinds of user-owned endpoints. Progent offers quick remote help from consultants knowledgeable about a broad array of platforms for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/recovery products maintained by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect resources distributed across a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery service that uses cloud storage and features granular recovery and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans often envision circumstances that require a temporary switch to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity specialists can assist your company to create, document and test a DR/BC plan that addresses the logistics of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Endpoint Manager provides a centralized platform for safeguarding corporate data by controlling local, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing mobile devices and applications. Managed endpoint devices can be user owned or business owned. Network admins managing the enrolled endpoint devices of teleworkers can use Intune to deploy and validate apps on devices, push patches and certificates, set up policies for accessing information and resources, set passwords, establish VPN tunnels, determine how home-based workers share information, set up threat defense, verify security compliance, and wipe corporate information from missing, stolen or decommissioned devices. Intune can be used with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. To learn about Intune and how Progent can help you to use this platform to administer the endpoint devices of your at-home workers, see Intune telecommuter device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized MDM product that helps network managers to keep offsite endpoint devices up to date and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for authorization control, app management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site deployment through a perpetual license. Key capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, quick onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, aggregated reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud products. To learn about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To contact Progent about building and maintaining an efficient telecommuter solution for your Garland, Texas company, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.