Expanding your telecommuter workforce may have a major effect on network architecture, cybersecurity, and company processes. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting small and mid-size businesses to design, deploy, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that support at-home workers. Progent can assist your Garland organization to select the appropriate tools and follow best practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual solution for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and returns top business value. Progent can provide support services ranging from on demand guidance for getting you past challenging IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can help Garland, Texas organizations to with any facet of creating a high-performing telecommuting ecosystem by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, helpdesk augmentation, security and compliance, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure required to support an at-home workforce can be especially complex if you have to manage a mix of personal hardware such as PCs and notebooks, routers, and wireless APs from different vendors and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background providing online help for both outdated and current technologies in virtual office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing network infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for making necessary upgrades. Support services offered by Progent to assist you to create a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology allows you to create a secure tunnel for authenticated remote workers to use IT assets situated at your company datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can help you to configure and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key IT resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can assist your telecommuters to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN connections for a broad selection of devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable an at-home worker to see and interact with a data center computer's desktop. This technology gives IT managers substantial control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and offers remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier remote consulting for configuring routers from a range of manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often supporting families and guests, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can cause throughput and security issues. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these issues by providing expertise like Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point setup help.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate network. Line-of-business applications might demand backup Internet access in the event the normal connection fails. Progent offers expertise for picking service providers, picking sensible bandwidth and data volume bundles, and configuring redundant Internet access. See Internet connectivity integration services.
VoIP Solutions for Teleworkers
Extending the company PBX environment to accommodate teleworkers is vital to supporting an effective at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-centric IP voice products are used by small and mid-size businesses to support teleworkers. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's modern or older platforms for VoIP management. Progent can help businesses of any size to design or maintain a remote VoIP environment that provides the flexibility, convenience and protection required for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants offer advanced support to help businesses optimize their current Cisco VoIP environments to support a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers advanced telephony features to devices like IP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia apps used across the network. Unified Communications Manager supports additional combined media services such as messaging, video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For details about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, refer to Cisco Unified CM expertise.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been superseded by CUCM. Progent can help you to maintain your current CallManager deployment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. For details about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy VoIP platforms, visit Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with public telephony networks and with users working outside the corporate perimeter
like telecommuters. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your WAN infrastructure to support these solutions and deliver online integration and troubleshooting services.
Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A wide selection of video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies enable virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both local users and at-home workers. Many companies utilize multiple conferencing products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent can assist your organization to maintain your existing voice/video conferencing environment and enhance the experience of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that enables presence, instant messaging, audio and video conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist your company to configure and manage Skype for Business clients to support your at-home workforce. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone platform for compatible iOS and Mac devices. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime allow up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's support expertise for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session capture, plus revision and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex and for other video conferencing solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conferencing, contacts, and content with features that include voice/video conferencing, threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Teams and for other Microsoft 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and troubleshooting expertise for these conferencing platforms and
help you to tune your network architecture to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office suites, providing a rich environment of applications that create a consistent user experience for exchanging information across multiple sites and on a wide selection of endpoints. Progent has provided remote consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange since their first publication and can assist your company to tune these critical collaboration platforms to optimize the effectiveness of your at-home workers.
SharePoint uses web entities to enable collaboration and information sharing by providing policy-driven access to content, business processes, and utilities for looking through company-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to build protected portals that enables at-home workers to see and edit aggregated corporate intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts. For information about Progent's SharePoint support services, go to SharePoint integration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange expertise, visit deployment expertise for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can store files to OneDrive, and colleagues can share them safely via a web browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables remote employees to jointly author files. Edits made offline are automatically synced when you reconnect to the Internet. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for OneDrive, refer to Onedrive configuration experts.
Cloud Integration for Remote Workers
Progent can provide affordable remote support for helping organizations to build, maintain and troubleshoot cohesive hybrid network architectures that include physical data centers, teleworkers, branches, plus public cloud resources. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all modes of public cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help at-home workers fix issues with cloud access, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a leading platform for public cloud software and services that allows you to use IT infrastructure, servers, and critical applications running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure features more than 100 services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help your organization to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and plan data backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to establish protected access to Azure for at-home workers by configuring and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. To learn about Progent's expertise for Azure, visit Microsoft Azure expertise.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of business productivity applications and cloud-based services offered by subscription. Office applications and cloud services are marketed in a selection of plans intended for users ranging from individuals and small offices to major corporations. Progent can provide fast and easy online access to experts knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can help your business to evaluate the numerous subscription bundles available for Office 365 and configure 365 applications for your at-home workers in a way that delivers maximum business value. To find out about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, go to Microsoft Office 365 integration expertise.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used applications in the Office 365 product line. Exchange Online provides the benefits of lower spending for physical infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and additional advantages inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Office 365 Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with on-premises deployments of Exchange, allowing you to create hybrid information systems. Progent's certified Exchange experts can provide as-needed assistance to guide you past tough technical roadblocks and can also provide comprehensive project management outsourcing to ensure your remote workers have convenient and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. For information Progent's consulting services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, refer to Office 365 Exchange Online configuration and support expertise.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud arena and is the world's top source of cloud-based services. Progent offers rapid and economical online contact with cloud connectivity experts who can assist your organization to plan, deploy, manage, and debug hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local data centers and with other popular cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist you to create a high-uptime network architecture to make sure your employees have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, at home, or on the move. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a popular set of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your business to expand your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA experts can show you how to make your critical apps cloud friendly so your teleworkers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can help your organization to deploy virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage system with Google Cloud Storage services, and streamline access control for remote workers with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent can also assist your business to utilize GCP's management tools to control and track your Google Cloud ecosystem. To find out, visit Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration expertise.
Help Desk Support for Teleworkers
A sudden, organization-wide changeover to a from-home business model, which could be activated by an epidemic or as a component of a disaster recovery process, can overwhelm even a well-staffed in-house Help Desk. Progent's Call Center services allow organizations to outsource or supplement their Call Center with Progent's online Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk support services utilize Progent's extensive network of online IT support experts combined with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking technology to provide an affordable, state-of-the-art Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that handles all facets of remote Level 1 PC technical support from initial service requests to ticket creation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables teleworkers to check or update their active trouble tickets, enter details, and upload screen captures or attachments. Desktop support services are provided at a substantial discount off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop service charges, and Progent offers optional fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to deal with advanced issues. For more information, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Service allows your company to augment your existing Call Desk organization by sharing delivery of Call Center support services seamlessly between your in-house support personnel and Progent's extensive pool of desktop support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Call Desk service uses a collective support model utilizing the number one PSA tool for managing help requests and trouble tickets, assigning ownership, tracking progress, and generating reports. To find out how Progent's Help Desk Supplementation Services can help your company to deliver world-class IT support to your teleworkers, visit Progent's Help Desk supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for Teleworkers
Remote workers often run their own computers and work in a physically unsecured area. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber threats and requires judicious deployment of security appliances, remote security monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies in compliance with best practices. Progent's veteran team of certified cybersecurity experts can help your organization to plan, implement and manage a compliant cybersecurity solution that safeguards critical data in IT networks that incorporate teleworkers.
- Firewalls enable companies to build a network that can be safely accessed by on-premises users and by an at-home workforce, mobile employees, vendors, customers, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall appliances permit you to assign and manage appropriate access rights to different groups of users and to expand your network and modify your security as your business evolves and as cyber threats become increasingly sophisticated. Progent supports both current and legacy firewall appliances from all major vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall configuration expertise, go to firewall support services.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to track the disparate devices utilized by an at-home workforce and either reject or identify and respond to the latest cyber attacks such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight software agent is installed on each secured endpoint, watching all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art machine learning and full execution context to identify zero-day threats on arrival. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight ASM instantly disconnects the infected device from the network to contain the threat. Since the ProSight ASM agent is self-contained, endpoint devices stay protected even when they are offline. To find out more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, refer to remote endpoint monitoring for at-home workers.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your network to all classes of external and internal security threats for an environment that incorporates teleworkers. Progent can deploy online, automated cybersecurity inventory scanning for quickly and economically uncovering a broad range of security gaps that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's security assessment consulting services, which can be managed by network security experts with top credentials such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can help you to evaluate your procedures and governance policies and assess your network infrastructure to allow you to design top-level protection for your teleworkers.
Data Protection for Telecommuters
Data Protection covers backing up and recovering critical information in order to avoid data loss and reduce restoration time and effort in case of storage problems resulting from equipment issues, software glitches, human error, cyber attack, or other causes. Dependable data protection solutions can be especially difficult to architect and maintain in hybrid environments that incorporate in-house data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore solutions for remote workers must address diverse types of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide fast remote help from experts knowledgeable about a wide range of products for backing up Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, tablets and smartphones. Popular backup/recovery products supported by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up data spread across a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud storage and includes granular restore and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies typically envision circumstances that call for a rapid switch to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity planning consultants can help your business to develop, document and test a DR/BC strategy that addresses the logistics of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a centralized platform for protecting critical information by managing onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing remote devices and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be user owned or company owned. IT admins managing the enrolled endpoint computers of at-home workers can utilize Intune to deploy and authenticate applications on managed devices, push patches and certificates, configure policies for accessing information and resources, set passwords, create VPN tunnels, control how teleworkers share data, establish threat protection, ensure compliance, and wipe sensitive data from missing, stolen or deactivated devices. Intune works with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. For information about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can help your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the devices of your at-home workers, visit Intune mobile device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized Mobile Device Management platform that allows network administrators to keep off-premises endpoint devices current and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for identity control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site deployment via a one-time purchase. Key capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include fast remote provisioning of new laptops, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of devices, unifies management reporting and analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud products. For information about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE remote device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing a productive work-from-home environment for your Garland, Texas organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.