Enlarging your at-home workforce may have a major effect on network infrastructure, security, and corporate culture. Progent has two decades of background assisting SMBs to design, deploy, administer, optimize, and debug IT networks that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Garland organization to pick the right tools and adhere to leading practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual solution for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and returns maximum value. Progent offers support services that go from as-needed expertise for helping you over occasional IT roadblocks to full project management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent can help Garland, Texas businesses to with any facet of creating a high-performing work-at-home environment by providing infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, Call Desk augmentation, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure required for a remote work environment can be particularly complex if you have to accommodate a combination of worker-owned hardware like desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from various manufacturers and with a mix of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering remote support for both outdated and current technologies in remote office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for making necessary upgrades. Support services available from Progent to assist your company to create a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology makes it possible to create a secure tunnel for authorized at-home workers to access IT resources located at your corporate datacenter or in the cloud. Progent can assist you to configure and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA experts can help your telecommuters to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software for secure VPN connections for a wide selection of devices such as Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable a teleworker to view and use a data center computer's desktop. This technology provides IT managers significant control over the digital environment of telecommuters and ensures remote users a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier online support for setting up routers from a range of vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by the whole family and visitors, are commonly utilized by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can create throughput as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can help you to resolve these issues by delivering services that include Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless AP setup assistance.
- Internet access methods affect the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Vital applications might require redundant Internet access in case the primary connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for picking service providers, choosing sensible service packages, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet connections. See Internet access integration services.
IP Voice Integration for Teleworkers
Extending the corporate phone environment to include remote users is vital to maintaining an effective work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-based IP voice platforms are popular with SMBs to server teleworkers. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's current or older products for VoIP management. Progent can help organizations of all sizes to plan or maintain a telecommuter VoIP service that delivers the flexibility, transparency and protection required for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts offer advanced support to help businesses optimize their existing Cisco IP voice systems to handle a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends advanced telephony features to devices like VoIP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media apps deployed across the network. CUCM manages additional mixed media services like messaging, video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, visit Cisco Unified Communications Manager consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent's consultants can assist you to maintain your existing CallManager environment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP platforms, visit CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with PSTN networks and with clients operating beyond the corporate perimeter
like telecommuters. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your wide area network infrastructure to work with these solutions and deliver on-demand configuration and troubleshooting services.
Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A broad selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from major technology companies enable online discussions, video conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both local users and teleworkers. Many organizations utilize multiple conferencing products to accommodate their various partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to maintain your existing conferencing ecosystem and optimize the productivity of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that supports real-time presence, IM, audio and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist you to set up and manage Skype for Business client software to accommodate your remote employees. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone app for iOS and Mac devices. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime allow up to 32 concurrent users for video calls. For details about Progent's support expertise for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for most computing devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus revision and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex as well as for other video conferencing solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conversations, contacts, and content with features that include IP voice and video conferencing, threaded chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Teams as well as for additional Office 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and troubleshooting services for these products and
assist your business to optimize your network architecture to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a rich environment of productivity apps that create a consistent user experience for sharing information across a corporate network and on a broad selection of endpoint devices. Progent has provided online consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first releases and can help businesses to tune these flagship collaboration platforms to maximize the productivity of your remote workers.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to allow collaboration and information delivery by providing policy-based delivery of content, business processes, and tools for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to create secure web portals that enables remote workers to see and update aggregated business intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts. To learn about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, refer to SharePoint configuration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, visit integration consulting for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote users can store files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers anywhere can retrieve them securely through a web browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows home workers to jointly author files. Revisions made offline are automatically synced when you reconnect to the Internet. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, visit Onedrive integration consulting.
Cloud Integration for Remote Workers
Progent can provide affordable online assistance for helping businesses to build, manage and repair cohesive network models that combine internal data centers, teleworkers, branch offices, and public cloud services. Progent offers expertise for all modes of cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help remote workers resolve issues with public cloud access, identity, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a leading platform for public cloud services that enables you to use IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical apps running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure offers more than one hundred services services including hosting for Windows and Linux-based VMs, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist your organization to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure AD, and plan data backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you create secure connections to Azure services for at-home workers by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Azure, visit Azure consulting services.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of client productivity software and cloud services available on a subscription basis. Office applications and cloud services are marketed in a variety of bundles intended for customers ranging from students and small offices to large corporations. Progent can provide fast and affordable remote access to experts knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible endpoints based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can help you to assess the various subscription plans available for Microsoft 365 and configure 365 applications for your remote workers to achieve top business value. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, go to Microsoft Office 365 integration services.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used cloud-based applications in the Microsoft 365 product product suite. Office 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of reduced spending for data center infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and other benefits associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Office 365 Exchange Online to run smoothly with local Exchange environments, allowing customers to create hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's Exchange experts can provide occasional assistance to get you through tough IT roadblocks and can also provide end-to-end project management services to ensure your telecommuters have easy and safe access to your Office 365 Exchange Online environment. To find out Progent's consulting expertise for Exchange Online, go to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and support consulting.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud arena and is the industry's leading source of cloud-based services. Progent offers quick and affordable online contact with cloud integration consultants who can help your business to design, implement, maintain, and debug hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises data centers and with other popular cloud platforms like Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist you to build a high-uptime network architecture to make sure your employees have a productive computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, from home, or on the move. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS consulting expertise.
Google Cloud is a leading collection of cloud computing services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your business to expand your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can help you make your critical apps cloud friendly so your at-home workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can help your business to set up VMs on GCP Compute Engine, design an efficient storage solution with Google Cloud Storage, and simplify identity management for remote workers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also assist you to use GCP's management technology to control and monitor your GCP ecosystem. For information, visit Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration support.
Help Desk Support for Telecommuters
A sudden, company-wide changeover to a from-home business model, which could be driven by an epidemic or as a component of a disaster recovery preparedness plan, can overstretch even the most efficient internal Call Center. Progent's Help Desk services allow organizations of any size to outsource or expand their Call Desk by using Progent's online Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center services utilize Progent's nationwide team of online technical support specialists along with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and follow-up software to provide an economical, state-of-the-art Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that addresses all facets of remote Level 1 PC technical support from help requests to trouble ticket creation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables at-home employees to monitor or revise the status of their current tickets, add details, and upload screen captures and attachments. Technical support services are provided at a substantial price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 technical support charges, and Progent makes available the option of rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to deal with complex problems. For details, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Support Desk Supplemental Service allows you to expand your existing Help Desk Call Center team by splitting responsibilities for Help Desk services seamlessly between your regular support personnel and Progent's nationwide team of desktop support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Support Desk service is based on a collaborative support solution utilizing the leading PSA platform for handling help requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, tracking progress, and producing reports. To learn how Progent's Call Desk Supplementation Services can enable your company to deliver world-class desktop support to your at-home employees, go to Progent's Call Center supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for At-Home Workers
Teleworkers often use their own computers and work in an unsecured environment. This worsens their exposure to cyber threats and demands careful use of security appliances, remote endpoint monitoring, and the creation of security policies in compliance with best practices. Progent's veteran team of certified cybersecurity experts can assist your company to design, deploy and administer a compliant security environment that guards sensitive data in networks that incorporate at-home workers.
- Firewalls allow you to create a network that can be securely utilized by on-premises users and by an at-home workforce, mobile employees, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall devices permit you to assign and control appropriate access rights to various classes of users and to expand your network and adjust your security as your business evolves and as network attacks become increasingly sophisticated. Progent works with both new and older security appliances from all leading manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall integration services, visit firewall configuration and support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the various computers utilized by telecommuters and either reject or identify and respond to the latest cyber attacks such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight software agent is installed on each secured endpoint, monitoring all activity and using state-of-the-art machine learning to identify zero-day attacks before they can spread. When an attack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly isolates the infected endpoint device from the corporate network to contain the threat. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is autonomous, endpoint devices remain secure even if they are offline. To find out more about ProSight ASM, refer to remote endpoint monitoring for at-home workers.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your network to all types of outside and internal security attacks for a network that includes at-home workers. Progent can run online, automated security analysis software for quickly and economically uncovering a broad range of security weaknesses that can be found over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit consulting services, which can be managed by security professionals with advanced credentials such as CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help your company to evaluate your operations and governance policies and assess your WAN infrastructure to allow you to implement top-level security for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection Solutions for Remote Workers
Data Protection covers saving and restoring critical data so as to avoid data loss and minimize restoration time and effort in case of storage system failures resulting from equipment breakdowns, software glitches, human mistakes, cyber attack, or other causes. Dependable data protection strategies can be especially challenging to architect and maintain in hybrid networks that incorporate private data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for teleworkers must address diverse kinds of personally owned endpoints. Progent can provide fast remote access to experts knowledgeable about a broad range of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as laptops, tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/recovery solutions supported by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up data spread across a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud storage and includes granular restore and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies typically anticipate circumstances that require a quick switch to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity planning specialists can assist your company to produce, document and test a DR/BC strategy that includes the process of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the title Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Endpoint Manager features a unified environment for safeguarding critical data by controlling local, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting off-premises devices and applications. Remote endpoint computers can be personally owned or business owned. Network administrators managing the endpoint devices of teleworkers can use Intune to deploy and authenticate apps on devices, push updates and certificates, set up policies for accessing data and networks, set passwords, establish VPN tunnels, control how teleworkers share data, establish threat protection, verify compliance, and erase corporate information from missing, stolen or decommissioned devices. Microsoft Intune can be used with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS computers. To learn about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can assist your company to use this platform to administer the devices of your at-home workforce, see Intune remote device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform that allows network administrators to keep offsite endpoint devices up to date and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for identity control, app management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE operates with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site product via a perpetual license. Key capabilities of Workspace ONE include rapid remote deployment of out-of-the-box notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of devices, unifies reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based products. For information about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE remote device management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To contact Progent about building and maintaining an efficient work-from-home environment for your Garland, Texas company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.