Expanding your remote workforce can have a significant effect on IT infrastructure, security, and company workflows. Progent has 20 years of experience helping businesses of all sizes to plan, configure, manage, optimize, and debug IT environments that support at-home workers. Progent can help your Glendale company to select the appropriate technologies and follow leading practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual office solution for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and returns maximum business value. Progent offers support services that go from on demand expertise for helping you past challenging technical bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Glendale, Arizona organizations to with any facet of building a high-performing work-from-home ecosystem by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, Call Desk outsourcing, cybersecurity, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A broad selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading vendors support online meetings, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both onsite workers and at-home workers. Many organizations use a mix of conferencing products to meet the needs of their different partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to maintain your existing conferencing ecosystem and optimize the experience of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications platform that supports presence, instant messaging, voice and video conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist your company to configure and maintain Skype for Business clients to support your remote workforce. For details about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone platform for compatible iOS and macOS devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 concurrent users for video calls. To learn more about Progent's support services for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus editing and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex as well as for additional IP video products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conferencing, contacts, and content with features such as video calling, persistent chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's consulting services for Teams and for other Office 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and troubleshooting services for these conferencing platforms and
assist your business to tune your network architecture to run them.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and managing a productive work-from-home solution for your Glendale, Arizona business, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.