Expanding your telecommuter workforce may have a significant impact on IT architecture, security, and corporate culture. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting small and mid-size businesses to plan, configure, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that support at-home workers. Progent can assist your Glendale company to pick the appropriate tools and adhere to leading practices in creating and operating a secure virtual solution for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and returns maximum business value. Progent can provide services that go from on demand guidance for getting you over challenging technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Glendale, Arizona organizations to succeed with any facet of building a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem by providing infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, helpdesk augmentation, security and compliance, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Setting up the network infrastructure needed to support a remote workforce can be especially complex if you have to manage a mix of personal hardware like desktop computers and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi APs from an assortment of vendors and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering remote support for both legacy as well as current IT products in virtual office venues enables you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for implement essential updates. Support services offered by Progent to assist you to implement a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity allows you to establish a secure tunnel for authenticated at-home workers to access IT assets located at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to deploy and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can help your remote workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for safe VPN connections for a wide range of devices such as Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable an at-home worker to view and interact with a remote computer's desktop. This provides IT managers significant control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and offers remote users a familiar work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent offers expert online support for deploying routers from all major vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically shared by families and visitors, are frequently used by telecommuters to access their router for work. This can cause performance as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can assist you to resolve these issues by delivering services that include Cisco Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point setup help.
- Internet access solutions impact the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Line-of-business applications may demand backup Internet connections in the event the normal connection fails. Progent can provide expertise for selecting service providers, picking sensible bandwidth and data volume bundles, and integrating high-availability Internet connections. See Internet access integration services.
VoIP Integration for an At-Home Workforce
Extending the business phone environment to accommodate teleworkers is critical to maintaining an effective at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric digital PBX platforms are used by SMBs to server telecommuters. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's current or legacy products for IP voice management. Progent can assist businesses of all sizes to plan or maintain a remote IP voice environment that delivers the versatility, transparency and protection required for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants can provide high-level support to help businesses optimize their current Cisco IP voice environments to support an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) extends advanced telephony features to devices such as IP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and multimedia software used across the network. Unified Communications Manager manages other mixed media services like unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM expertise, see Cisco Unified CM consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent's consultants can help you to support your current CallManager environment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. For details about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice platforms, visit CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with public telephony networks and with users operating outside the corporate firewall
like at-home workers. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your WAN architecture to support these VoIP solutions and deliver online deployment and troubleshooting services.
Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A broad selection of video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies support virtual meetings, video conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both local users and at-home workers. Many companies use a mix of products to meet the needs of their various partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can help your organization to maintain your current conferencing ecosystem and enhance the experience of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications product that supports presence, IM, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to deploy and manage Skype for Business clients to accommodate your at-home workforce. To learn more about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone platform for compatible iOS and macOS devices. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 simultaneous users for video sessions. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for most computing devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus revision and playback for training. For details about Progent's support services for Cisco Webex and for other IP video products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conferencing, contacts, and information with features that include video conferencing, persistent chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Teams as well as for additional Microsoft 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and debugging expertise for these products and
help you to optimize your network architecture to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office families, offering a rich ecosystem of productivity apps that create a consistent user interface for sharing information throughout a corporate network and on a wide range of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered online consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange since their initial releases and can help businesses to deploy these flagship collaboration products to maximize the effectiveness of your remote workforce.
SharePoint uses web entities to facilitate collaboration and information delivery by offering policy-driven access to data, business processes, and tools for looking through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to create secure portals that enables at-home workers to see and update aggregated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For information about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, visit SharePoint integration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, visit deployment consulting services for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoft’s shared cloud storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can save files to OneDrive, and co-workers anywhere can retrieve them safely through a web browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows home workers to co-author documents. Revisions made offline are automatically synced when you go back online. To learn about Progent's support services for OneDrive, refer to Microsoft Onedrive integration consulting.
Cloud Integration Services for Telecommuters
Progent can provide fast and affordable online support for enabling businesses to build, manage and optimize cohesive hybrid network architectures that incorporate physical data centers, remote workers, branch offices, plus cloud services. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all modes of cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help at-home workers fix issues with public cloud connectivity, authentication, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a popular family of public cloud services that allows you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and key applications hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure offers over 100 services services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-based VMs, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist your organization to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and design backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to create secure connections to Azure for at-home workers by configuring and debugging firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. For details about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Azure, visit Microsoft Azure consulting.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of business productivity software and cloud-based services available on a subscription basis. Office apps and cloud services are marketed in a variety of bundles intended for users ranging from individuals and small offices to major enterprises. Progent can provide fast and easy online contact with experts familiar with Office 365-compatible client devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can assist your business to assess the various subscription bundles available for Office 365 and configure 365 apps for your remote workers to achieve maximum business value. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Office 365 consulting expertise.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most widely used applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product product suite. Office 365 Exchange Online offers the benefits of lower costs for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and additional benefits associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate transparently with on-premises deployments of Exchange, enabling customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's Exchange experts are available for occasional help to guide you past tough IT bottlenecks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to ensure your telecommuters have easy and secure access to your Exchange Online environment. To find out Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, see Office 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud market and is the industry's leading source of cloud services. Progent can provide quick and economical online access to cloud integration consultants who can assist your business to plan, implement, manage, and debug hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local resources and with other public clouds such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist your company to create a high-availability network architecture to make sure your users have a productive computing experience whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, at home, or on the road. For details about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud Platform is a leading collection of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help you to expand your current IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database consultants can show you how to make your mission-critical applications cloud friendly so your remote workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist your organization to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage solution with GCP Storage services, and streamline access control for teleworkers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent can also help your business to use GCP's unified management tools to administer and track your Google Cloud environment. To learn, refer to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting services.
Help Desk Services for Telecommuters
An emergency, organization-wide transition to a teleworker workforce, which might be the result of a pandemic or as an element of a business continuity plan, can overwhelm even a high-performing internal Call Center. Progent's Help Desk services allow businesses to outsource or augment their Call Desk by using Progent's online Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk services utilize Progent's extensive network of remote IT support specialists along with enterprise-class ticketing and follow-up technology to offer an economical, advanced Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that handles all facets of online Level 1 PC technical support from help requests through trouble ticket creation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables from-home workers to monitor or update their active tickets, enter information, and append screen captures or attachments. Support services are provided at a significant price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop service rates, and Progent offers the option of rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to deal with complex issues. For more information, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small companies.
- Progent's Call Center Supplemental Service enables your business to expand your existing Call Center team by splitting responsibilities for Call Center services transparently between your in-house IT support organization and Progent's extensive roster of desktop support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Support Desk service is based on a collaborative support solution utilizing the number one professional services automation (PSA) tool for handling service requests and ticketing, assigning responsibility, tracking progress, and generating reports. For details about how Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Services can help your company to deliver best-in-class IT support to your at-home employees, refer to Progent's Help Desk augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for At-Home Workers
At-home workers commonly run their own computing devices and work in a physically unsecured area. This worsens their exposure to cyber attacks and calls for careful deployment of firewalls, remote security monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies that adhere to leading practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified data security experts can assist you to design, deploy and administer a compliant cybersecurity solution that guards vital data in IT networks that incorporate remote workers.
- Firewalls allow you to create a network that can be securely accessed by local users as well as by an at-home workforce, mobile workers, vendors, customers, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall devices permit you to configure and control different access rights to different classes of users and to expand your network and adjust your security as your business evolves and as network attacks become increasingly sophisticated. Progent supports both current and older firewall devices from all major manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall integration services, go to firewall support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to track the various computers used by remote workers and either reject or spot and mitigate modern threats such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight agent is put on each protected endpoint, watching all activity and using advanced behavioral threat analysis to identify new threats at inception. When an attack is spotted, ProSight ASM immediately disconnects the infected endpoint from the corporate network to contain the threat. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is autonomous, endpoint devices stay secure even when they are offline. For more information about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, refer to remote endpoint monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your information system to all types of external and internal security threats for an environment that includes at-home workers. Progent can run online, automated cybersecurity inventory software for quickly and affordably uncovering a wide variety of security holes that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit experts, which can be provided by security professionals with top certifications including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your business to audit your workflows and policies and review your network infrastructure to enable you to implement the highest level of security for your telecommuters.
Data Protection Solutions for At-Home Workers
The field of Data Protection covers saving and recovering critical information so as to prevent data loss and reduce restoration time and effort in the event of storage problems resulting from hardware issues, programming glitches, human error, malware, or other causes. Dependable data protection solutions can be particularly challenging to design and maintain in hybrid environments that combine private data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore solutions for remote workers must address diverse types of personally owned endpoints. Progent can provide fast online help from experts knowledgeable about a broad array of products for backing up Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iPads and smartphones. Popular backup/recovery products maintained by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect resources spread across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery service that uses cloud storage and includes granular recovery and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies typically envision circumstances that require a temporary changeover to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity planning consultants can assist you to produce, document and test a DR/BC strategy that includes the process of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Endpoint Manager features a unified platform for protecting corporate data by controlling local, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting remote computers and software. Remote endpoint computers can be personally owned or company owned. IT admins managing the endpoint computers of telecommuters can use Intune to provision and validate applications on devices, push updates and certificates, set up rules for accessing data and networks, manage passwords, create VPN tunnels, control how teleworkers share information, set up threat defense, ensure security compliance, and erase corporate information from missing, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune can be used with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS devices. To learn about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can assist you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the devices of your teleworkers, refer to Intune telecommuter device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management product that allows network managers to keep off-premises endpoint devices up to date and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for access control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE operates with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises product through a one-time purchase. Key capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air deployment of new laptops, quick onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud products. To learn about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To contact Progent about building and maintaining a productive telecommuter environment for your Glendale, Arizona company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.