Expanding your remote workforce can have a significant impact on IT architecture, security/compliance, and company workflows. Progent has two decades of experience assisting small and mid-size businesses to design, deploy, manage, tune, and debug IT networks that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Glendale organization to select the right technologies and adhere to best practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual office solution for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and delivers maximum business value. Progent offers support services that go from on demand guidance for getting you over occasional technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist Glendale, Arizona organizations to with any aspect of creating a high-performing telecommuting environment by delivering infrastructure configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, Help Desk augmentation, data security, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Configuring the network infrastructure needed for a remote work environment can be especially complex if you must accommodate a mix of worker-owned hardware like desktop computers and notebooks, routers, and Wi-Fi APs from different manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering remote help for both outdated and modern technologies in virtual office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for making necessary upgrades. Services offered by Progent to help your company to implement a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity allows you to create a secure connection for authorized at-home workers to access IT resources located at your corporate datacenter or in the cloud. Progent can assist you to configure and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing online VPN integration support. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can help your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a broad range of devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable an at-home worker to view and interact with a data center computer's desktop. This technology gives IT managers significant control over the digital environment of at-home employees and offers them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier online consulting for configuring home routers from a variety of vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often shared by the whole family and guests, are frequently used by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can cause throughput as well as security problems. Progent can help you to resolve these problems by delivering services like Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Vital applications may demand redundant Internet connections in case the normal connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for selecting ISPs, picking sensible bandwidth and data volume packages, and setting up high-availability Internet access. Refer to Internet access integration services.
VoIP Integration for an At-Home Workforce
Expanding the business phone environment to include teleworkers is vital to maintaining an effective work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-centric digital PBX platforms are popular with SMBs to support teleworkers. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's current or legacy products for VoIP management. Progent can assist businesses of any size to plan or tune a telecommuter VoIP environment that delivers the versatility, transparency and protection required for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts can provide high-level support to assist organizations tune their existing Cisco VoIP environments to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends enterprise telephony capabilities to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media apps used throughout the network. CUCM manages additional combined media services like unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM support, visit Cisco Unified Communications Manager consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent's consultants can assist you to maintain your existing CallManager environment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. For details about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice platforms, visit CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with PSTN networks and with users working outside the corporate perimeter
like at-home workers. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration consulting.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your wide area network architecture to support these solutions and provide as-needed integration and debugging expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A broad range of voice/video conferencing platforms from major technology companies support online meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both onsite users and telecommuters. Many organizations utilize multiple products to meet the needs of their different partners and clients. Progent can assist you to maintain your existing voice/video conferencing ecosystem and enhance the engagement of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications product that supports real-time presence, IM, voice and video conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist your company to deploy and manage Skype for Business client software to support your remote employees. For details about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone app for compatible iOS and macOS devices. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime allow up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video sessions. For details about Progent's support services for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based capture, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's support services for Cisco Webex and for additional video conferencing products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conferencing, contacts, and content with capabilities that include video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's support services for Teams and for other Office 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and troubleshooting expertise for these conferencing platforms and
assist your business to optimize your network infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office suites, providing a powerful ecosystem of applications that create a cohesive user interface for exchanging information across multiple sites and on a wide selection of endpoint computers. Progent has provided remote consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial publication and can assist businesses to deploy these flagship collaboration products to maximize the effectiveness of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to enable collaboration and knowledge sharing by providing policy-based delivery of content, business processes, and utilities for searching through company-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to create secure portals that allows at-home workers to view and update consolidated corporate intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts. For information about Progent's SharePoint expertise, go to SharePoint integration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, see deployment consulting for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can store files to OneDrive, and co-workers can retrieve them safely through a browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive allows at-home employees to co-edit documents. Edits created offline are uploaded when you go back online. For information about Progent's consulting services for OneDrive, go to Onedrive configuration experts.
Cloud Integration for Remote Workers
Progent can provide affordable online assistance for helping businesses to build, manage and troubleshoot integrated network models that include physical data centers, remote workers, branch offices, plus public cloud resources. Progent offers expertise for all types of cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help teleworkers resolve problems with cloud connectivity, identity, and security.
Azure is a popular family of cloud services that enables you to use IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and key applications hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure includes more than one hundred cloud-based services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered VMs, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist your organization to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure AD, and plan backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you create protected access to Azure services for teleworkers by configuring and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. To learn about Progent's support services for Azure, refer to Azure consulting services.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of business productivity applications and cloud-based services available by subscription. Microsoft apps and services are provided in a selection of bundles intended for users ranging from individuals and small offices to large corporations. Progent can provide fast and easy online contact with consultants knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible endpoint devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can assist you to assess the numerous subscription bundles available for Microsoft 365 and configure 365 applications for your teleworkers to achieve top business value. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, go to Microsoft Office 365 integration support.
Exchange Online is among the most widely used applications in the Office 365 product product suite. Office 365 Exchange Online offers the benefits of lower costs for physical infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and additional advantages inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate transparently with local Exchange environments, allowing you to create hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's certified Exchange consultants can provide as-needed assistance to get you past challenging technical roadblocks and also offer comprehensive project management services to ensure your remote workers have convenient and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. To learn Progent's consulting expertise for Exchange Online, go to Office 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing arena and is the world's top source of cloud-based services. Progent offers rapid and economical online contact with cloud connectivity experts who can assist your business to design, deploy, maintain, and debug hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises data centers and with other public clouds like Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist you to build a high-uptime network model so your users have a productive computing environment whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, at home, or on the move. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a popular suite of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help you to extend your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can show you how to make your mission-critical applications cloud ready so your remote workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can help your organization to deploy virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage system with Google Cloud Storage services, and streamline access control for teleworkers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent can also assist you to utilize GCP's unified management tools to administer and track your Google Cloud environment. For information, visit Google Cloud Platform consulting services.
Help Desk Services for Teleworkers
A fast, enterprise-wide transition to a teleworker business model, which could be activated by an epidemic or as an element of a disaster recovery/business continuity plan, can overwhelm even a high-performing in-house Call Center. Progent's Help Desk services allow organizations to outsource or supplement their Help Desk Call Center with Progent's remote Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center services utilize Progent's extensive network of remote technical support experts combined with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and follow-up technology to provide an economical, modern Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 PC support from help requests through ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows teleworkers to track or edit the status of their active trouble tickets, add details, and upload screenshots and relevant files. Technical support services are provided at a significant price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical support rates, and Progent makes available the option of fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to resolve complex problems. For more information, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplemental Service enables your company to expand your current Call Desk organization by splitting delivery of Call Desk support seamlessly between your regular IT support staff and Progent's extensive roster of desktop support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Help Desk service is based on a collective support model based on the number one professional services automation (PSA) platform for handling service requests and trouble tickets, assigning ownership, monitoring progress, and generating reports. To find out how Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Services can help your business to deliver best-in-class technical support to your telecommuters, go to Progent's Help Desk Call Center supplementation Services.
Security for Telecommuters
At-home workers often run their own equipment and work in a physically unsecured space. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber threats and requires judicious deployment of security appliances, remote endpoint monitoring, and the creation of security policies that adhere to best practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified data security professionals can help you to design, deploy and administer a modern security solution that guards vital data in networks that incorporate remote workers.
- Firewalls allow you to create a network that can be safely accessed by local users and by telecommuters, mobile employees, vendors, customers, and the public. Modern firewall devices permit you to configure and manage appropriate permissions to various classes of users and to scale your IT network and adjust your security as your company evolves and as cyber threats become increasingly sophisticated. Progent works with both new and legacy security devices from all major vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall configuration expertise, refer to firewall integration and support services.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the disparate devices utilized by remote workers and either block or identify and mitigate the latest threats such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint agent is installed on every secured endpoint device, monitoring all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art machine learning to identify new attacks before they can spread. When an attack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately disconnects the targeted device from the corporate network to quarantine the threat. Since the ProSight ASM agent is autonomous, endpoints stay protected even when they are offline. To learn more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, refer to remote endpoint monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your information system to all types of external and local security threats for an environment that includes telecommuters. Progent can run remote, automated cybersecurity inventory software for rapidly and economically detecting a wide variety of security holes that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit consulting services, which can be managed by security experts with top credentials such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can help your business to audit your processes and governance policies and assess your IT architecture to enable you to design the highest level of security for your remote workers.
Data Protection Solutions for At-Home Workers
Data Protection involves saving and restoring vital information so as to prevent data loss and reduce recovery time and effort in case of storage system failures due to hardware issues, programming hiccups, human error, cyber attack, or any other reason. Reliable data protection solutions can be particularly challenging to design and manage in hybrid environments that combine local data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for telecommuters must address diverse types of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent offers fast remote access to consultants knowledgeable about a wide array of products for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as notebooks, iPads and handhelds. Popular backup/restore products maintained by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up resources spread throughout a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud-based storage and includes granular restore and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans typically anticipate circumstances that call for a quick changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity specialists can help your business to develop, document and test a DR/BC strategy that addresses the logistics of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the name Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Endpoint Manager offers a centralized platform for protecting critical information by managing on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing remote computers and software. Remote endpoint computers can be personally owned or business owned. IT administrators managing the endpoint computers of teleworkers can use Intune to provision and authenticate applications on managed devices, push patches and certificates, set up rules for permission to access data and resources, set passwords, create VPN connections, control how home-based workers share data, set up threat defense, verify compliance, and delete corporate data from lost, stolen or deactivated devices. Intune runs with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS computers. For details about Intune and how Progent can help your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the endpoint devices of your telecommuters, visit Intune remote endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized MDM platform that allows network administrators to keep remote endpoint devices up to date and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for identity control, app management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises deployment through a one-time purchase. Key features of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid remote provisioning of new laptops, quick onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of devices, unifies management reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based services. To learn about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To contact Progent about building and maintaining an efficient work-from-home solution for your Glendale, Arizona company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.