Enlarging your remote workforce may have a major impact on network infrastructure, security, and company culture. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting small and mid-size businesses to plan, configure, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that support at-home workers. Progent can help your Glendale organization to select the right technologies and adhere to best practices in creating and operating a safe virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and returns top value. Progent can provide services that go from as-needed guidance for getting you past occasional technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent can help Glendale, Arizona companies to succeed with any facet of creating a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, Help Desk outsourcing, endpoint security, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Setting up the network infrastructure needed for a remote work environment can be especially complex if you have to accommodate a combination of personal equipment like desktop computers and notebooks, routers, and wireless appliances from an assortment of vendors and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background providing remote support for both legacy and current technologies in virtual office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for making essential upgrades. Services available from Progent to help you to create a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- VPN connectivity allows you to establish a safe connection for authorized remote employees to access IT assets situated at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to configure and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can assist your remote workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN connections for a broad range of devices such as Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow a telecommuter to view and use a data center PC's desktop. This technology provides IT managers more control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and offers remote users a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers expert remote support for integrating home routers from a range of vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by families and visitors, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can help you to mitigate these issues by providing expertise like Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless AP integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Business-critical applications might demand redundant Internet access in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for picking ISPs, selecting appropriate bandwidth and data volume offerings, and setting up redundant Internet access. Refer to Internet access solutions.
VoIP Solutions for At-Home Workers
Extending the corporate phone system to accommodate telecommuters is vital to supporting a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric digital PBX products are popular with SMBs to server remote users. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's modern or older products for IP voice solutions. Progent can help businesses of all sizes to design or maintain a telecommuter VoIP environment that provides the flexibility, transparency and protection needed for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants offer advanced support to assist businesses tune their current Cisco IP voice systems to handle a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers high-end telephony features to devices like VoIP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia software used across the network. Unified Communications Manager supports additional mixed media services such as messaging, video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For details about Progent's Unified Communications Manager expertise, refer to Cisco Unified Communications Manager consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can assist you to support your existing CallManager deployment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. For details about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP platforms, refer to Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with public telephony networks and with users operating outside the corporate firewall
such as at-home workers. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your wide area network infrastructure to work with these solutions and deliver as-needed integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A broad range of video conferencing platforms from major vendors support online discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both onsite workers and teleworkers. Many organizations use multiple conferencing products to accommodate their different partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can assist you to maintain your existing conferencing environment and optimize the experience of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications product that enables real-time presence, IM, audio and video conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist your company to configure and manage Skype for Business client software to support your at-home employees. For details about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling app for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime support up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video sessions. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus editing and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Webex and for other video conferencing solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conversations, contacts, and content with features that include voice/video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Teams and for other Office 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and troubleshooting services for these products and
assist you to tune your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a rich environment of productivity apps that create a consistent user interface for exchanging information throughout a corporate network and on a broad range of endpoint devices. Progent has delivered remote consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their original publication and can assist businesses to configure these flagship collaboration products to maximize the productivity of your remote workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to enable collaboration and knowledge sharing by providing policy-driven delivery of content, business processes, and tools for searching through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to create secure web portals that enables at-home workforce to see and update aggregated business intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts. For information about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, go to SharePoint integration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange support services, visit planning and configuration consulting services for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote users can store files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers can retrieve them safely via a browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive enables at-home workers to jointly author files. Edits made offline are automatically uploaded when you go back online. For information about Progent's expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, visit Microsoft Onedrive configuration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration for Telecommuters
Progent offers fast and affordable remote assistance for helping businesses to build, maintain and optimize integrated network models that include internal data centers, remote workers, branches, and cloud services. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all types of public cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help remote workers fix issues with public cloud access, identity, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a leading family of cloud software and services that allows you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical apps hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure offers more than 100 cloud-based services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help your organization to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure Active Directory, and design backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you establish secure connections to Azure services for at-home workers by configuring and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Azure, see Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of business productivity software and cloud services available by subscription. Office applications and services are marketed in a variety of plans designed for customers ranging from students and small offices to major corporations. Progent offers quick and affordable online contact with experts knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible clients based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can help you to assess the various subscription bundles offered with Office 365 and deploy 365 applications for your teleworkers to achieve maximum business value. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, see Microsoft 365 integration support.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used cloud-based applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of reduced costs for physical infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and other advantages inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Office 365 Exchange Online to run transparently with local deployments of Exchange, enabling customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's certified Exchange consultants are available for occasional help to guide you through challenging IT bottlenecks and can also provide end-to-end project management services to make sure your telecommuters have convenient and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. To find out Progent's support services for Office 365 Exchange Online, see Exchange Online integration and support expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud market and is the world's biggest source of cloud-based services. Progent offers fast and economical online contact with cloud integration consultants who can assist your business to design, implement, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises resources and with other public clouds such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help you to create a high-uptime network architecture to make sure your employees have a productive computing experience whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the road. To find out about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud is a popular suite of cloud computing services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your business to expand your current IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can help you make your mission-critical applications cloud friendly so your remote workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can help your organization to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage system with GCP Storage, and streamline identity management for telecommuters with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's consultants can also assist you to utilize GCP's unified management tools to administer and track your Google Cloud environment. To learn, go to Google Cloud Platform consulting services.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Telecommuters
A sudden, company-wide changeover to a from-home workforce, which might be activated by a pandemic or as an element of a disaster recovery plan, can overwhelm even the most efficient internal Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow organizations to outsource or supplement their Help Desk Call Center with Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk support services leverage Progent's extensive network of remote technical support experts along with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking technology to provide an economical, state-of-the-art Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that handles all aspects of remote Level 1 PC technical support from initial service requests through trouble ticket generation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables telecommuters to track or update the status of their active trouble tickets, add details, and upload screen captures or attachments. Desktop support services are provided at a substantial discount off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop support charges, and Progent offers the option of fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to deal with complex issues. To find out more, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small companies.
- Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Service enables your business to expand your existing Help Desk organization by splitting responsibilities for Support Desk services transparently between your regular IT support organization and Progent's nationwide roster of desktop support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Support Desk service is based on a collective support model based on the leading professional services automation platform for managing help requests and trouble tickets, establishing ownership, monitoring progress, and producing reports. To learn how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Services can help your company to deliver world-class IT support to your at-home employees, refer to Progent's Support Desk supplementation Services.
Security and Compliance for Teleworkers
Teleworkers commonly run their personal computers and work in an unsecured environment. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber threats and requires judicious use of firewalls, remote monitoring, and the creation of security policies based on best practices. Progent's veteran team of certified cybersecurity professionals can help you to plan, implement and administer a compliant security solution that guards critical information in IT networks that include at-home workers.
- Firewalls allow companies to create a network that can be safely accessed by on-premises users and by an at-home workforce, mobile users, vendors, clients, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall appliances allow you to assign and control different permissions to different groups of users and to expand your IT network and adjust your security profile as your company evolves and as network attacks become increasingly complex. Progent works with both new and older security devices from all major vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall support services, see firewall configuration and support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to track the disparate computers utilized by teleworkers and either block or identify and mitigate the latest threats such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint software agent is put on each secured endpoint, watching all activity and utilizing advanced behavioral threat analysis to detect zero-day attacks on arrival. When an attack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly isolates the impacted device from the network to quarantine the malware. Since the ProSight ASM software agent is autonomous, endpoint devices remain secure even when they are offline. For more information about ProSight ASM, go to remote endpoint monitoring for an at-home workforce.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your information system to all types of external and internal security attacks for a network that includes an at-home workforce. Progent can deploy online, automated security analysis software for quickly and affordably uncovering a broad range of security weaknesses that can be found over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment experts, which can be provided by network security experts with advanced certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can help you to audit your processes and policies and assess your network architecture to allow you to design top-level security for your remote workers.
Data Protection Solutions for At-Home Workers
Data Protection covers saving and restoring vital data so as to prevent data loss and reduce restoration time and effort in the event of storage system failures resulting from equipment breakdowns, programming glitches, operator error, malware, or any other reason. Dependable data protection strategies can be particularly challenging to design and manage in hybrid networks that combine private data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore strategies for telecommuters must cover multiple types of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide quick remote help from experts familiar with a broad range of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as laptops, iPads and handhelds. Leading backup/restore products supported by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up data spread throughout a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery service that uses cloud storage and includes granular restore and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans typically anticipate circumstances that require a rapid changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity specialists can assist your business to create, document and test a DR/BC strategy that includes the process of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager features a centralized environment for safeguarding corporate information by controlling local, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting off-premises devices and software. Managed endpoint devices can be personally owned or business owned. Network administrators managing the enrolled endpoint devices of at-home workers can use Intune to deploy and validate applications on managed devices, push updates and certificates, configure policies for permission to access information and resources, set passwords, establish VPN connections, determine how telecommuters share information, set up threat protection, verify security compliance, and erase corporate data from missing, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune runs with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. For details about Intune and to find out how Progent can assist your company to use this platform to manage the endpoint computers of your telecommuters, go to Intune remote device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that allows network managers to keep remote endpoints up to date and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint administration combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for authorization control, app management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site deployment via a perpetual license. Top capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid remote provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of devices, aggregated reporting and analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud products. For information about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient work-from-home solution for your Glendale, Arizona company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.