Expanding your at-home workforce may have a significant impact on IT infrastructure, cybersecurity, and corporate processes. Progent has two decades of experience helping SMBs to plan, deploy, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that support work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Grand Rapids company to select the appropriate tools and adhere to best practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual solution for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and delivers maximum business value. Progent can provide support services that go from as-needed expertise for getting you over challenging IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist Grand Rapids, Michigan companies to with any facet of building a high-performing telecommuting environment by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, Help Desk augmentation, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A broad range of video conferencing products from leading vendors enable virtual meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both local workers and teleworkers. Many organizations utilize multiple conferencing products to accommodate their different partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can help your organization to manage your existing voice/video conferencing ecosystem and optimize the experience of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications product that supports presence, instant messaging, voice and video calling and conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help your company to deploy and manage Skype for Business client software to accommodate your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling platform for iOS and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 simultaneous users for video sessions. For details about Progent's consulting services for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, session recording, plus editing and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Cisco Webex and for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conversations, contacts, and information with features such as voice/video conferencing, persistent chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Teams as well as for other Office 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and debugging expertise for these products and
assist your business to optimize your WAN architecture to host them.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about building and managing a productive telecommuter solution for your Grand Rapids, Michigan organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.