Enlarging your telecommuter workforce may have a significant impact on IT infrastructure, cybersecurity, and corporate culture. Progent has two decades of background assisting SMBs to plan, configure, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that support at-home workers. Progent can help your Grand Rapids company to select the appropriate tools and adhere to leading practices in creating and operating a safe virtual office solution for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and delivers top value. Progent offers services that go from on demand guidance for getting you over occasional technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Grand Rapids, Michigan organizations to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-performing work-from-home environment by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, Help Desk augmentation, security and compliance, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Setting up the network infrastructure needed to support an at-home workforce can be particularly complex if you must manage a mix of worker-owned equipment like desktop computers and laptops, routers, and wireless appliances from various manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background providing remote support for both legacy as well as modern IT products in virtual office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for making necessary upgrades. Services offered by Progent to help your company to create a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network technology makes it possible to create a safe connection for authorized remote workers to use IT resources situated at your corporate datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to configure and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA experts can help your at-home workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a wide selection of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable an at-home worker to view and use a remote computer's desktop. This technology provides network managers more control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and offers them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent offers expert online consulting for setting up home routers from a range of vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically shared by the whole family and visitors, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create throughput as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can help you to resolve these issues by delivering services that include Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point integration assistance.
- Internet access solutions affect the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Mission-critical applications may require backup Internet access in the event the primary connection fails. Progent offers expertise for identifying ISPs, selecting sensible service bundles, and integrating high-availability Internet access. See Internet connectivity integration services.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and managing a productive telecommuter solution for your Grand Rapids, Michigan organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.