A Powerful and Easy-to-Use Business Solution
Features such as list-based navigation, look-up windows, drill-back and inquiry tools, and custom links to applications and Web sites make Microsoft Dynamics GP a powerful and easy-to-use business accounting and management reporting solution. Web-based delivery of applications and information through Microsoft Business Portal and Web Client allows you to equip everyone in your organization with anytime, anywhere access to critical business data and processes.
Key features of Microsoft Dynamics GP include:
Features of Microsoft Dynamics GP Release 2015 R2
- Modular Design. Microsoft Dynamics GP offers a modular design that lets you license only the functionality you need, then add modules that integrate easily with your current solution as your needs change.
- Familiar Environment. Microsoft Dynamics GP is built on Microsoft technologies to protect your investment and provide a tightly integrated environment. Microsoft Windows Server Operating System provides a reliable, secure and scalable foundation and offers efficient management and ease of use. Microsoft .NET support helps connect information, people, systems, and devices. Windows SharePoint Services support allows users to share information easily, collaborate on documents, and collect team knowledge over the Internet or your corporate network.
Microsoft SQL Server support allows Microsoft Dynamics GP to deliver critical business information through extensive management and development tools, a powerful extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL) tool, and new capabilities such as SQL Server Notification Services.
- Enhanced reporting capabilities. Microsoft Dynamics GP offers analytics and reporting capabilities that allow you to monitor all operations, revenues and spending, and sales trends with built-in drill-down, inquiry, and reporting capabilities. For more details, visit Microsoft Dynamics GP Reporting Support.
- Integration with Office and Office 365. Microsoft Office support and Office 365 integration speeds access to business information, strengthens reporting capabilities, and fosters teamwork and collaboration. Microsoft Excel support allows you to share query and budgeting data with Excel and gives you the ability to make full use of Excel-based reporting and budgeting capabilities. With a single click you can highlight your financials in vivid detail with the ability to transform Microsoft Dynamics GP information into Microsoft Excel pivot tables and charts. Microsoft Office Word and Office 365 Word support allows you to populate form letters and other documents with up-to-date customer and vendor information. You can also increase efficiency for sales and service calls with one-click access to street maps and directions with Microsoft MapPoint.
- Extended Integration. You can integrate data from virtually any database or desktop application into Dynamics GP. You can also implement a solution that incorporates your existing Web sites, Web services, and applications, even if they're built on non-Microsoft platforms. Using Microsoft eConnect, developers can build an integration package that leverages industry-standard technologies including Microsoft BizTalk Server, SQL Server, Visual Basic, REST, COM, and XML to permit all those applications and data sources to interact with Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Customizable. The open architecture of Microsoft Dynamics GP makes it possible to develop custom applications that offer all of the core functionality of proven Microsoft Dynamics GP solutions but also meet the specialized needs of your business. With access to Visual Studio, Dexterity, Continuum, Web Services for Dynamics GP, Integration Manager, Extender, and the Modifier with Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications, developers can work with the most widely used customization environment in the software industry to quickly adapt Microsoft Dynamics GP information views, add or modify business logic, customize forms and reports, or extend integrations with Microsoft Office applications.
- Business Reporting. Dynamics GP supports a rich array of reporting tools that allow you to aggregate information from diverse sources stored both within and external to your organization. Dynamics GP reporting tools include Management Reporter/FRx, Crystal Reports, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Report Writer, SmartList Designer, Refreshable Excel Reports, Power BI (Pivot, Query, View, Map, Data Management Gateway), Modifier with VBA, and Microsoft Enterprise Reporting. Find out about Progent's Power BI business analytics consulting services.
Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015 R2 streamlines business processes and allows employees and teams to collaborate by sharing files and information with one another, vendors, customers, and partners. Dynamics GP 2015 R2 also helps to ensure consistency, accuracy, and tighter controls across your business with automated approval workflows. Workflows can be customized to match the specific needs of your business processes. Workers also have quick and easy access to shared information with enhanced search capabilities across your organization. Improved security features ensure confidentiality and protect sensitive data.
Dynamics GP 2015 R2 incorporates more than 100 new or improved features compared to Dynamics 2013. Among the most prominent of these enhancements are:
Progent Offers Comprehensive Microsoft Dynamics GP Help
- Service Based Architecture (SBA): Dynamics GP 2015 R2 features a new architecture that supports a REST-style API rather than SOAP for accessing web services. Dynamics GP's Service Based Architecture offers more resilient connectivity, better protection against Denial of Services Attacks, end-to-end SSL encryption, seamless scale out, multi-tenancy, and support for HTML 5 https protocol for creating standards-based apps for devices powered by Windows, iOS and Android.
- Single Sign-on with Azure AD: When you create a local Active Directory account for a new Dynamics GP user, your organizational account in Azure AD is automatically updated so the user can log into Dynamics GP Web Client, Office 365, and other cloud services with the same identity and password used for accessing on-premises resources. (Learn about Progent's Microsoft Azure planning and cloud integration consulting services.)
- Replicate Home Page Setup: The process of setting up users for Dynamics GP 2015 R2 has been significantly simplified by the ability to copy more setup data from an existing account. In addition to being able to copy Security settings, you can now copy Home Page Role, Content, and Area Pages. This expanded ability saves time and promotes accuracy and consistency in adding user accounts to Dynamics GP 2015 R2.
- Self Service User Type: Dynamics GP 2015 R2 has added a Self Service user type intended and priced for named rather than concurrent users who require only light usage. Features available to Self-Service users include Employee Profile, Paystubs, W4, Benefits, Direct Deposit, Skills and Training, and Project Expense.
- New Workflows: Nine new native Workflows are available for the Approval process for GL, Payables, and Receivables Batch plus Vendor, Employee Skills, Direct Deposit, Employee Profile, W4, and Expense Report.
- SmartList and Refreshable Excel Reports Integration: SmartList can publish reports to Refreshable Excel Reports so they automatically remain up to date with Dynamics GP information.
- Management Reporter Integration: Management Reporter (MR) is accessible from within Dynamics GP via navigation buttons in the Administration and Financial modules. navigation buttons. This provides Dynamics GP users with a faster way to view, edit, and create MR actions.
- Mobile Version of Business Analyzer: A new release of Business Analyzer lets mobile devices based on Windows, iOS, or Android display Management Reporter content and interact with SSRS and Excel Reports.
- Mobile Time Management App: The new Time Management App, available for tablets powered by Windows, iOS or Android, lets Dynamics GP users enter vacation and sick time in Payroll or time off against Benefits Timecodes within HR.
- Mask Social Security Number on Payroll and Human Resources Reports: You have the option to mask the SSN on various Dynamics GP reports without the hassle of making Report Writer modifications.
- All-in-One Document View: A redesigned Dynamics GP window displays related purchasing documents in a single view. You can see all transactions for a given vendor or Purchasing documents associated with a specified Purchasing transaction.
- General Ledger Combine Inquiry: The Detail Inquiry and the Historical Detail Inquiry windows in GL have been combined to display both open and historical years.
Progent can help you set up and maintain a reliable, secure server and communications infrastructure to support Microsoft Dynamics GP, and can provide experienced Microsoft Dynamics GP consultants to help you turn the powerful features of Microsoft Dynamics GP software into a high-value business solution. If you are looking for a Microsoft Dynamics GP or Great Plains consulting specialist, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.
Download Progent's Dynamics GP/Great Plains Consulting Datasheet
To download a datasheet summarizing the consulting services offered by Progent for Microsoft Dynamics GP/Great Plains, click Download Microsoft Dynamics GP/Great Plains Consulting Datasheet (PDF file).
Progent's Consulting Services for Microsoft Technology
For businesses of all sizes anywhere in the United States, Progent's Microsoft-certified experts can provide affordable remote computer assistance and IT consulting services for the entire family of Microsoft .NET servers. Progent can provide Windows Server 2019 upgrade expertise, Windows Server 2016 hybrid cloud solutions, Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 configuration support, Windows Server 2008 R2 expertise, and Windows Server 2003 technical support. Progent's planning, integration, update, and consulting services cover system architecture, deployment, and administration outsourcing for
project analysis and documentation, local and off-site
technical support and network troubleshooting,
Help Desk Outsourcing Services, comprehensive
security expertise, full-service
outsourcing, Microsoft Exchange hosting and management, and ProSight Virtual Hosting.
Progent also offers a broad array of remote desktop services including Windows 10 planning support, Windows 8.1 configuration and support, Microsoft Windows 7 support, moving to 64-bit computing, Microsoft Office and Office 365 integration, and streamlining PC desktop image creation.
In case your company requires urgent remote help from a Microsoft certified consultant, refer to Progent's Urgent Online Technical Support.
Find out more about Progent's Microsoft technology consulting services.