Enlarging your telecommuter workforce may have a major impact on IT architecture, security/compliance, and company culture. Progent has two decades of experience assisting small and mid-size businesses to design, configure, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Greensboro organization to pick the appropriate technologies and follow best practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and returns top business value. Progent can provide services ranging from on demand expertise for getting you over occasional technical bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Greensboro, North Caroline organizations to succeed with any facet of building a high-performing work-from-home environment by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, helpdesk outsourcing, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure required for a remote workforce can be especially complex if you have to manage a combination of personal equipment like PCs and notebooks, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from various vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering remote help for both outdated as well as modern IT products in remote office venues enables you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for making essential updates. Support services available from Progent to assist your company to create a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- VPN technology makes it possible to establish a secure connection for authorized at-home workers to access IT assets situated at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to configure and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key IT resources by providing online VPN integration support. For organizations using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can help your remote workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software for safe VPN tunneling for a wide range of endpoint devices including Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow a telecommuter to view and use a remote PC's desktop. This provides network managers substantial control over the digital environment of at-home employees and ensures remote users a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers expert online consulting for deploying home routers from a variety of vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting the whole family and guests, are frequently used by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can cause performance and cybersecurity problems. Progent can assist you to resolve these problems by delivering expertise that include Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Vital applications may demand backup Internet access in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for identifying Internet service providers, picking appropriate service packages, and integrating redundant Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To contact Progent about building and managing an efficient work-from-home environment for your Greensboro, North Caroline organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.