Expanding your telecommuter workforce can have a major effect on network infrastructure, security/compliance, and company processes. Progent has two decades of experience helping small and mid-size businesses to design, configure, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Harrisburg organization to pick the right technologies and follow leading practices in creating and operating a safe virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and delivers maximum business value. Progent offers services that go from on demand guidance for getting you over occasional technical roadblocks to full project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Harrisburg, Pennsylvania organizations to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-functioning telecommuting environment by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, Help Desk outsourcing, cybersecurity, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Setting up the network infrastructure needed for a remote work environment can be especially complex if you have to accommodate a mix of personal equipment like desktop computers and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from various vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background providing remote support for both outdated and modern IT products in virtual office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for implement essential updates. Services offered by Progent to help you to create a productive telecommuting ecosystem include:
- VPN connectivity allows you to establish a safe tunnel for authenticated remote workers to access IT assets located at your company datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can assist you to configure and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can help your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software for secure VPN tunneling for a broad range of endpoint devices such as Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow a telecommuter to see and interact with a remote computer's desktop. This technology gives network managers substantial control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and ensures them a familiar experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier online consulting for integrating home routers from all major vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting an entire household and guests, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can create throughput and cybersecurity problems. Progent can help you to resolve these problems by providing services that include Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless AP integration help.
- Internet connectivity solutions affect the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company data center. Mission-critical applications might require redundant Internet access in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide guidance for picking ISPs, picking appropriate bandwidth and data volume bundles, and configuring redundant Internet access. Refer to Internet access integration services.
VoIP Solutions for an At-Home Workforce
Expanding the business phone system to include teleworkers is critical to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-centric VoIP products are used by SMBs to support teleworkers. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's current or older products for VoIP solutions. Progent can assist businesses of any size to design or tune a remote VoIP service that provides the versatility, transparency and security needed for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants can provide high-level support to assist businesses optimize their current Cisco IP voice environments to handle an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers enterprise telephony capabilities to devices such as IP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media software deployed throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager supports other mixed media services like unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For details about Progent's CUCM expertise, visit Cisco Unified CM consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can help you to support your existing CallManager environment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP platforms, see CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with public telephony networks and with clients working beyond the corporate firewall
such as at-home workers. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series and for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to update your wide area network infrastructure to support these VoIP solutions and provide as-needed deployment and debugging expertise.
Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A wide selection of voice/video conferencing products from leading vendors support virtual discussions, video conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both onsite workers and teleworkers. Many companies utilize a mix of products to meet the needs of their various partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can help you to maintain your current conferencing environment and optimize the productivity of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications platform that enables real-time presence, IM, voice and video conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist your company to deploy and manage Skype for Business clients to support your remote workforce. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling app for compatible iOS and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime support up to 32 simultaneous users for video sessions. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus editing and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex and for additional video conferencing solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conferencing, contacts, and content with capabilities such as video conferencing, persistent chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams and for other Microsoft 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and debugging services for these products and
help your business to optimize your WAN infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office families, offering a powerful environment of productivity apps that deliver a cohesive user experience for sharing data and ideas across a corporate network and on a broad range of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered online consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange since their original publication and can assist your company to deploy these critical collaboration platforms to optimize the effectiveness of your remote workers.
SharePoint uses web entities to allow collaboration and information sharing by providing policy-driven access to data, workflow, and tools for looking through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to create secure portals that permits remote workers to view and update consolidated corporate intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To learn about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, see SharePoint integration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange expertise, visit integration expertise for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can store files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues anywhere can share them securely through a web browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive allows home workers to jointly author files. Edits created offline are synced when you go back online. For information about Progent's consulting services for OneDrive, go to Microsoft Onedrive integration experts.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Remote Workers
Progent can provide fast and affordable remote support for helping businesses to build, manage and repair cohesive hybrid network architectures that include physical data centers, remote workers, branches, plus cloud resources. Progent offers expertise for all modes of public cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help at-home workers fix problems with public cloud access, authentication, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a popular platform for cloud services that allows you to use infrastructure, servers, and key applications running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure offers over one hundred services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help your organization to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and design backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to create protected access to Azure for telecommuters by setting up and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. For details about Progent's consulting services for Azure, see Azure expertise.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of business productivity applications and cloud-based services offered by subscription. Microsoft applications and cloud services are marketed in a variety of bundles designed for users ranging from students and small offices to major corporations. Progent can provide fast and affordable online contact with experts knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible clients based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can help you to assess the various subscription plans available for Office 365 and deploy 365 apps for your teleworkers in a way that delivers maximum business value. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, go to Office 365 consulting services.
Exchange Online is one of the most popular applications in the Office 365 product line. Exchange Online offers the advantages of reduced spending for data center infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and additional advantages associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with on-premises deployments of Exchange, enabling customers to create hybrid information systems. Progent's certified Exchange experts can provide as-needed help to get you past challenging IT bottlenecks and can also provide comprehensive project management outsourcing to make sure your remote workers have convenient and secure access to your Office 365 Exchange Online deployment. For details Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, refer to Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing arena and is the world's biggest provider of cloud-based services. Progent offers fast and affordable online access to cloud connectivity experts who can assist your organization to design, implement, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises data centers and with other public clouds like Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist you to build a high-uptime network model to make sure your employees have a consistent computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, from home, or on the road. To learn about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud Platform is a leading set of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help you to scale your current IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA experts can show you how to make your mission-critical applications cloud friendly so your telecommuters can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can help your business to deploy VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage solution with GCP Storage, and streamline access management for remote workers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent can also help your organization to utilize GCP's unified management technology to control and track your GCP environment. For information, visit Google Cloud Platform integration services.
Help Desk Support for Teleworkers
A fast, company-wide switchover to a telecommuter business model, which could be driven by an epidemic or as part of a disaster recovery/business continuity process, can overstretch even a high-performing internal Help Desk. Progent's Call Center services make it possible for businesses of any size to outsource or expand their Support Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk support services leverage Progent's nationwide network of remote IT support specialists combined with world-class trouble ticketing and tracking software to provide an affordable, advanced Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that addresses all facets of remote Level 1 PC technical support from initial help requests to trouble ticket creation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables teleworkers to monitor or revise the status of their active tickets, add details, and append screenshots and relevant files. Support services are provided at a substantial discount off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop support rates, and Progent offers optional rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to deal with advanced issues. To learn more, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small companies.
- Progent's Support Desk Supplemental Service enables your business to supplement your current Help Desk Call Center staff by splitting responsibilities for Help Desk support transparently between your in-house support staff and Progent's nationwide roster of PC support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Call Desk service uses a collaborative support solution based on the number one professional services automation (PSA) platform for managing service requests and ticketing, establishing ownership, monitoring progress, and generating management reports. For details about how Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Services can enable your business to deliver best-in-class technical support to your at-home workforce, go to Progent's Help Desk Call Center augmentation Services.
Security for Telecommuters
Teleworkers often run their personal computing devices and work in an unsecured area. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber threats and demands careful use of security appliances, remote endpoint monitoring, and the creation of policies in compliance with best practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified data security professionals can help you to plan, implement and administer a compliant cybersecurity solution that guards sensitive data in IT networks that include an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls allow companies to create a network that can be safely utilized by local users and by telecommuters, mobile users, suppliers, customers, and the public. Next-generation firewall devices allow you to assign and manage appropriate permissions to various groups of users and to expand your network and adjust your security as your business evolves and as network attacks grow increasingly complex. Progent supports both new and older security devices from all major vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall support expertise, see firewall configuration and support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the disparate devices utilized by teleworkers and either block or identify and mitigate the latest cyber attacks like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint software agent is installed on every protected endpoint, watching all activity and using advanced AI technology to detect zero-day threats at inception. When an attack is spotted, ProSight ASM instantly isolates the targeted device from the corporate network to contain the malware. Since the ProSight ASM agent is self-contained, endpoints stay protected even when they are disconnected from the Internet. To find out more about ProSight ASM, see remote endpoint security monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your network to all types of external and internal security threats for a network that incorporates at-home workers. Progent can deploy remote, automated security analysis scanning for quickly and affordably detecting a broad range of security gaps that can be found over the Internet. Progent's security assessment experts, which can be provided by security experts with top certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can help you to evaluate your procedures and governance policies and assess your IT infrastructure to enable you to design the highest level of protection for your remote workers.
Data Protection for Remote Workers
The field of Data Protection covers saving and restoring critical data in order to prevent data loss and reduce recovery time and effort in the event of storage problems due to equipment issues, programming glitches, human error, cyber attack, or other causes. Reliable data protection strategies can be particularly challenging to design and manage in hybrid networks that incorporate private data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for telecommuters must address multiple types of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent offers quick remote access to consultants familiar with a broad array of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Popular backup/recovery solutions maintained by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect data spread throughout a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud storage and features fine-grained recovery and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies typically anticipate scenarios that call for a rapid switch to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity specialists can assist your company to create, document and test a DR/BC strategy that addresses the process of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the name Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager features a unified solution for safeguarding corporate data by managing local, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting remote computers and applications. Managed endpoint computers can be user owned or business owned. Network administrators managing the endpoint devices of teleworkers can use Intune to deploy and authenticate applications on devices, push updates and certificates, set up policies for accessing information and networks, manage passwords, establish VPN connections, control how teleworkers share data, establish threat protection, verify compliance, and wipe corporate information from missing, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune runs with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X computers. For details about Intune and to find out how Progent can assist you to use this platform to administer the endpoint devices of your at-home workforce, visit Intune teleworker device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management platform that allows network managers to keep off-premises endpoint devices up to date and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint administration combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for authorization control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site product through a perpetual license. Top capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air deployment of out-of-the-box notebooks, immediate onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of devices, unifies management reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based services. To learn about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing an efficient telecommuter solution for your Harrisburg, Pennsylvania business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.