Expanding your telecommuter workforce can have a major effect on network infrastructure, security/compliance, and company culture. Progent has 20 years of experience helping SMBs to design, configure, manage, tune, and debug IT networks that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Harrisburg company to select the appropriate technologies and follow leading practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and returns top value. Progent offers support services ranging from as-needed guidance for helping you past challenging technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Harrisburg, Pennsylvania businesses to with any aspect of creating a high-functioning work-from-home ecosystem by delivering infrastructure configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, Help Desk services, data security, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Configuring the network infrastructure required for a remote workforce can be particularly challenging if you must accommodate a mix of personal hardware like desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from different vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background providing online support for both outdated as well as modern IT products in remote office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for making necessary updates. Services available from Progent to help you to create a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network technology makes it possible to create a secure connection for authenticated remote employees to access IT assets situated at your company datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to configure and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can assist your remote workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a broad selection of endpoint devices including Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable a telecommuter to view and use a data center computer's desktop. This technology provides IT managers more control over the digital environment of at-home employees and offers remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert remote consulting for setting up home routers from a variety of vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often supporting an entire household and visitors, are commonly used by at-home employees to connect to their router for work. This can cause throughput and security problems. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these issues by delivering services that include Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point setup help.
- Internet access solutions affect the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Line-of-business applications may require backup Internet connections in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for identifying ISPs, choosing appropriate service packages, and integrating redundant Internet access. Refer to Internet access integration services.
IP Voice Integration for Remote Workers
Extending the business phone system to include telecommuters is vital to supporting a productive work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-based digital PBX platforms are used by small and mid-size businesses to server teleworkers. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's modern or older products for VoIP solutions. Progent can help businesses of all sizes to plan or tune a telecommuter IP voice environment that delivers the versatility, transparency and security required for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts can provide advanced support to help businesses tune their current Cisco IP voice environments to support an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers high-end telephony capabilities to devices such as IP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia software used across the network. CUCM supports other combined media services such as messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, refer to Cisco Unified CM expertise.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can help your company to support your current CallManager environment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice platforms, refer to CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with public telephony networks and with users working outside the corporate perimeter
such as at-home workers. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration consulting.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your wide area network architecture to support these solutions and provide as-needed configuration and debugging expertise.
Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A wide selection of video conferencing products from leading technology companies enable virtual meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both onsite workers and telecommuters. Many companies use multiple conferencing products to meet the needs of their different partners and customers. Progent can assist you to maintain your current voice/video conferencing ecosystem and enhance the experience of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications product that supports real-time presence, IM, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help your company to configure and manage Skype for Business client software to support your remote workforce. For details about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone platform for iOS and Mac devices. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 concurrent users for video sessions. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Webex as well as for additional IP video products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conferencing, contacts, and information with capabilities such as video calling, persistent chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Teams as well as for additional Office 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and debugging expertise for these conferencing platforms and
assist your business to optimize your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office families, providing a powerful environment of productivity apps that create a cohesive user experience for exchanging information throughout multiple sites and on a wide selection of endpoints. Progent has delivered online consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original publication and can assist businesses to deploy these critical collaboration products to maximize the productivity of your at-home workers.
SharePoint uses web entities to facilitate collaboration and knowledge sharing by providing policy-driven delivery of content, business processes, and tools for searching through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to build secure web portals that allows remote workforce to view and edit aggregated business intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To find out about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, refer to SharePoint integration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange expertise, go to planning and configuration consulting services for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can save files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues can share them safely through a web browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive allows home employees to jointly author files. Revisions created offline are automatically synced when you reconnect to the Internet. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, see Microsoft Onedrive configuration experts.
Public Cloud Integration for Teleworkers
Progent can provide advanced remote support for enabling businesses to create, maintain and troubleshoot integrated network models that incorporate physical data centers, remote workers, branches, plus cloud services. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all modes of cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help remote workers resolve problems with cloud access, identity, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a popular platform for cloud services that enables you to utilize IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical applications hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure offers over one hundred services services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-based VMs, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can help you to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure AD, and plan data backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to establish protected connections to Azure for remote workers by configuring and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft Azure, see Microsoft Azure expertise.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of business productivity applications and cloud-based services available on a subscription basis. Microsoft applications and services are provided in a selection of bundles designed for users ranging from individuals and households to large enterprises. Progent can provide fast and easy online contact with consultants familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible endpoint devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can help you to assess the numerous subscription bundles available for Office 365 and deploy 365 applications for your telecommuters to achieve maximum business value. For details about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, see Microsoft Office 365 integration expertise.
Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in the Microsoft 365 product product suite. Office 365 Exchange Online offers the benefits of lower spending for physical infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and additional benefits associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate transparently with on-premises Exchange environments, allowing customers to build hybrid information systems. Progent's certified Exchange experts are available for as-needed help to get you past challenging technical roadblocks and also offer comprehensive project management outsourcing to ensure your teleworkers have convenient and secure access to your Exchange Online deployment. For information Progent's consulting services for Office 365 Exchange Online, see Exchange Online integration and support consulting.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud arena and is the industry's leading provider of cloud services. Progent offers fast and economical online contact with cloud integration consultants who can help your organization to plan, deploy, manage, and debug hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local resources and with other popular cloud platforms like Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist you to build a high-uptime network architecture to make sure your employees have a consistent computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, from home, or on the road. For information about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a popular set of cloud computing services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your organization to expand your current IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database experts can show you how to make your mission-critical apps cloud ready so your at-home workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent can assist you to set up VMs on GCP Compute Engine, design an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage services, and streamline access management for at-home workers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's consultants can also help your business to use GCP's unified management tools to administer and track your GCP ecosystem. For details, see Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration support.
Help Desk Call Center Support for At-Home Workers
A rapid, enterprise-wide changeover to a telecommuter business model, which might be activated by a pandemic or as a component of a business continuity process, can overstretch even the most efficient in-house Help Desk. Progent's Call Center services allow businesses to outsource or augment their Call Desk by using Progent's online Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk services leverage Progent's nationwide team of remote technical support experts along with world-class ticketing and tracking software to offer an affordable, modern Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that handles all aspects of remote Level 1 PC support from initial service requests through ticket creation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables from-home workers to track or update their active trouble tickets, add details, and append screenshots or relevant files. Technical support services are delivered at a significant price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop support rates, and Progent offers optional fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to resolve advanced problems. For more information, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Call Center Augmentation Service enables your business to augment your current Call Center organization by sharing responsibilities for Help Desk Call Center services transparently between your regular support personnel and Progent's nationwide roster of PC support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Support Desk service is based on a collaborative support solution utilizing the number one professional services automation tool for handling service requests and trouble tickets, assigning responsibility, tracking progress, and generating reports. To find out how Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Services can help your business to deliver world-class IT support to your at-home workforce, visit Progent's Call Desk supplementation Services.
Security for Teleworkers
Telecommuters commonly run their own equipment and work in a physically unsecured environment. This worsens their exposure to cyber attacks and requires careful deployment of security appliances, remote endpoint monitoring, and the creation of policies in compliance with best practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified cybersecurity experts can help your company to plan, deploy and administer a compliant security solution that protects sensitive information in networks that incorporate teleworkers.
- Firewalls allow you to build a network environment that can be safely accessed by on-premises users as well as by an at-home workforce, mobile users, vendors, clients, and the public. Next-generation firewall devices allow you to assign and manage different permissions to various classes of users and to expand your IT network and modify your security profile as your company evolves and as network attacks become more sophisticated. Progent works with both current and legacy security appliances from all leading manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall configuration services, see firewall configuration and support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to track the disparate devices used by remote workers and either reject or spot and mitigate modern threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight software agent is put on each protected endpoint, monitoring all activity and using state-of-the-art AI technology to identify zero-day threats before they can spread. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately disconnects the targeted endpoint from the corporate network to contain the threat. Since the ProSight ASM agent is self-contained, endpoints stay secure even when they are disconnected from the Internet. To find out more about ProSight ASM, go to remote endpoint monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your network to all classes of external and internal security attacks for an environment that includes an at-home workforce. Progent can deploy online, automated security inventory scanning for rapidly and affordably uncovering a broad range of security weaknesses that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit consulting services, which can be managed by network security experts with advanced credentials such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can help your company to audit your operations and governance policies and review your WAN architecture to enable you to design top-level protection for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection for Telecommuters
Data Protection covers saving and restoring vital data so as to prevent data loss and reduce recovery time and effort in the event of storage system problems resulting from equipment issues, software hiccups, human mistakes, cyber attack, or other causes. Dependable data protection strategies can be particularly challenging to architect and maintain in hybrid networks that incorporate local data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore strategies for remote workers must address multiple types of user-owned endpoints. Progent offers fast online help from experts knowledgeable about a wide array of products for backing up Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as notebooks, tablets and smartphones. Popular backup/restore products supported by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect data distributed across a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud storage and features fine-grained recovery and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies typically anticipate scenarios that call for a quick switch to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity consultants can assist your business to develop, document and validate a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the title Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Endpoint Manager offers a unified platform for protecting critical data by managing onsite, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing remote devices and applications. Managed endpoint computers can be personally owned or company owned. Network administrators managing the enrolled endpoint devices of teleworkers can use Intune to deploy and authenticate applications on devices, push patches and certificates, set up policies for accessing information and resources, set passwords, establish VPN connections, control how home-based workers share data, establish threat defense, verify compliance, and erase corporate data from missing, stolen or decommissioned devices. Microsoft Intune can be used with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. For information about Intune and how Progent can help you to use this platform to administer the endpoint computers of your at-home workers, see Intune remote endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management platform that helps network managers to keep remote endpoints current and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for identity control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises deployment via a perpetual license. Key features of VMware Workspace ONE include fast remote deployment of new notebooks, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, unifies reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based services. To find out about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To contact Progent about building and managing a productive work-from-home environment for your Harrisburg, Pennsylvania business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.