Expanding your telecommuter workforce can have a major impact on IT architecture, security/compliance, and company culture. Progent has 20 years of experience helping small and mid-size businesses to plan, deploy, administer, tune, and debug IT environments that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can help your Harrisburg organization to select the appropriate technologies and adhere to leading practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and returns maximum business value. Progent can provide support services that go from on demand guidance for helping you past challenging technical bottlenecks to full project management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Harrisburg, Pennsylvania companies to with any aspect of building a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem by providing infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, helpdesk outsourcing, data security, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Integrating the network infrastructure required to support a remote work environment can be especially complex if you must accommodate a mix of worker-owned equipment like PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from different manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering remote help for both legacy and modern IT products in remote office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for making necessary updates. Support services offered by Progent to assist you to implement a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology allows you to establish a secure tunnel for authenticated at-home employees to access IT assets located at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to configure and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can help your remote workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN connections for a wide selection of endpoint devices such as Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable an at-home worker to view and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This provides network managers significant control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and offers remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent offers expert online support for deploying home routers from all major vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting the whole family and visitors, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to access their router for work. This can create performance as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can help you to mitigate these problems by delivering expertise like Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP integration help.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Mission-critical applications might demand redundant Internet connections in case the normal connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for picking Internet service providers, selecting sensible service bundles, and configuring redundant Internet access. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
VoIP Integration for At-Home Workers
Extending the business PBX system to accommodate remote users is vital to maintaining an effective work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-based digital PBX platforms are popular with SMBs to support telecommuters. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's current or older products for IP voice management. Progent can help businesses of all sizes to design or tune a telecommuter IP voice service that delivers the versatility, convenience and protection required for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants can provide high-level support to help businesses optimize their current Cisco IP voice environments to support an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) extends high-end telephony capabilities to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media apps used throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager supports additional combined media services such as unified messaging, video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, refer to Cisco Unified CM expertise.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can assist your company to support your existing CallManager deployment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. For details about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP platforms, see CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with PSTN networks and with users operating outside the corporate firewall
such as telecommuters. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your WAN infrastructure to support these VoIP solutions and deliver as-needed integration and debugging services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A wide selection of video conferencing platforms from leading vendors support virtual discussions, video conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both local users and teleworkers. Many organizations use multiple conferencing products to accommodate their different partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can help you to maintain your existing conferencing ecosystem and enhance the engagement of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that enables real-time presence, IM, audio and video conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to deploy and manage Skype for Business clients to support your at-home workforce. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling app for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac devices. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 simultaneous users for video sessions. For details about Progent's support services for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for training. For details about Progent's consulting services for Webex and for other video conferencing solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conferencing, contacts, and information with features that include video conferencing, threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams and for other Microsoft 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and troubleshooting services for these products and
assist your business to tune your WAN architecture to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 families, offering a rich ecosystem of applications that deliver a cohesive user experience for sharing information across multiple sites and on a broad selection of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered remote consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their initial publication and can assist your company to tune these flagship collaboration platforms to optimize the effectiveness of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to facilitate collaboration and information sharing by offering policy-driven delivery of content, workflow, and utilities for looking through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to create secure portals that permits at-home workforce to see and edit consolidated business intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For information about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, go to SharePoint integration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange expertise, go to integration consulting for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote users can save files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues anywhere can share them safely through a browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive allows remote employees to jointly author documents. Revisions created offline are automatically synced when you reconnect to the Internet. For information about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft OneDrive, refer to Microsoft Onedrive integration experts.
Cloud Integration Services for Remote Workers
Progent can provide advanced remote support for helping businesses to build, maintain and optimize cohesive network models that include internal data centers, teleworkers, branches, plus public cloud resources. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all types of cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help at-home workers resolve issues with cloud access, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a leading platform for cloud software and services that enables you to utilize IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical applications hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure features more than one hundred services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist you to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure AD, and design data backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to establish protected connections to Azure services for teleworkers by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN tunnels. To learn about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Azure, see Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of business productivity software and cloud-based services available on a subscription basis. Microsoft applications and services are provided in a selection of bundles intended for customers ranging from individuals and small offices to large enterprises. Progent can provide quick and affordable online contact with consultants familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible client devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can help your business to evaluate the numerous subscription bundles available for Office 365 and deploy 365 apps for your at-home workers to achieve maximum business value. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, see Office 365 consulting expertise.
Exchange Online is one of the most popular applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of reduced costs for physical infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and additional advantages associated with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate transparently with local Exchange environments, enabling you to create hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's Exchange experts can provide occasional help to guide you past challenging IT bottlenecks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your telecommuters have convenient and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. For information Progent's expertise for Office 365 Exchange Online, go to Office 365 Exchange Online configuration and support consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud market and is the world's leading source of cloud-based services. Progent offers rapid and economical online contact with cloud integration consultants who can assist your business to plan, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local data centers and with other popular cloud platforms like Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist your company to build a high-availability network model to make sure your employees have a productive computing experience whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, at home, or on the road. For information about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud Platform is a leading suite of cloud computing services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your business to expand your current IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database consultants can help you make your critical applications cloud friendly so your teleworkers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent can assist you to deploy VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage system with Google Cloud Storage services, and streamline identity management for remote workers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent can also assist your business to utilize GCP's unified management tools to administer and track your GCP environment. To learn, see Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting services.
Help Desk Call Center Support for At-Home Workers
An emergency, company-wide switchover to a from-home business model, which might be activated by a pandemic or as a component of a disaster recovery plan, can overstretch even a high-performing in-house Help Desk. Progent's Call Center services make it possible for businesses of any size to outsource or expand their Help Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk support services utilize Progent's extensive team of online IT support experts along with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and follow-up technology to provide an economical, advanced Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that handles all facets of online Level 1 desktop technical support from initial service requests to trouble ticket generation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables teleworkers to check or edit their active tickets, add information, and append screen captures and attachments. Desktop support services are provided at a significant discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical service charges, and Progent offers optional rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to deal with advanced issues. To learn more, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Service enables your company to supplement your existing Call Center organization by sharing responsibilities for Help Desk Call Center support transparently between your in-house IT support organization and Progent's nationwide roster of desktop support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Help Desk Call Center service uses a collaborative support solution utilizing the number one PSA platform for handling service requests and ticketing, assigning ownership, tracking progress, and producing management reports. To find out how Progent's Call Center Supplementation Services can help your company to provide world-class technical support to your teleworkers, go to Progent's Help Desk Call Center supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for Telecommuters
Telecommuters commonly use their personal computing devices and work in an unsecured area. This worsens their exposure to cyber threats and calls for judicious use of firewalls, remote monitoring, and the creation of security policies that follow leading practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified data security experts can help your business to design, implement and manage a modern cybersecurity environment that safeguards sensitive data in IT networks that include teleworkers.
- Firewalls allow companies to create a network that can be safely accessed by on-premises users and by teleworkers, mobile users, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall devices permit you to configure and manage different permissions to different groups of users and to expand your network and adjust your security profile as your company evolves and as cyber threats grow increasingly sophisticated. Progent works with both new and older security appliances from all major vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall integration services, refer to firewall configuration and support services.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the disparate devices used by teleworkers and either reject or identify and mitigate the latest threats such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight agent is put on each secured endpoint, watching all activity and using advanced AI technology to detect new attacks before they can spread. When an attack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly isolates the impacted endpoint from the network to quarantine the threat. Because the ProSight ASM agent is autonomous, endpoints stay protected even if they are disconnected from the Internet. For more information about ProSight ASM, refer to remote endpoint security monitoring for at-home workers.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your network to all types of external and local security attacks for a network that incorporates an at-home workforce. Progent can run online, automated cybersecurity inventory scanning for quickly and affordably uncovering a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be found over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit consulting services, which can be managed by network security experts with advanced certifications including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can help you to audit your operations and governance policies and assess your IT architecture to allow you to design top-level security for your teleworkers.
Data Protection for At-Home Workers
Data Protection covers saving and restoring vital information in order to prevent data loss and reduce restoration time in the event of storage system failures resulting from equipment issues, software hiccups, user error, malware, or other causes. Reliable data protection solutions can be particularly difficult to architect and maintain in hybrid networks that combine private data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for at-home workers must address multiple kinds of personally owned endpoints. Progent can provide quick online help from experts knowledgeable about a wide array of platforms for protection Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iPads and smartphones. Leading backup/restore products supported by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect resources spread throughout a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery service that uses cloud storage and includes granular recovery and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies commonly envision circumstances that call for a temporary switch to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity planning specialists can assist your business to develop, document and test a DR/BC strategy that addresses the logistics of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Endpoint Manager features a centralized environment for protecting corporate data by controlling onsite, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing mobile devices and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be user owned or business owned. IT administrators managing the endpoint computers of telecommuters can utilize Intune to provision and validate applications on managed devices, push updates and certificates, configure policies for permission to access information and resources, manage passwords, establish VPN connections, control how telecommuters share data, establish threat defense, verify compliance, and erase corporate data from lost, stolen or decommissioned devices. Microsoft Intune works with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS devices. To learn about Intune and to find out how Progent can assist you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint devices of your at-home workers, refer to Intune remote endpoint management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management platform that helps network managers to keep offsite endpoint devices up to date and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint administration combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for identity control, application management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site product through a one-time purchase. Top features of Workspace ONE include fast remote provisioning of new laptops, immediate onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies management reporting and analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud products. For information about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE remote device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient telecommuter solution for your Harrisburg, Pennsylvania organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.