Enlarging your remote workforce can have a major effect on IT infrastructure, security/compliance, and company workflows. Progent has 20 years of experience helping SMBs to design, configure, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that support a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Harrisburg organization to select the appropriate technologies and adhere to best practices in building and operating a safe virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and delivers maximum value. Progent offers services that go from as-needed guidance for helping you past occasional IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Harrisburg, Pennsylvania companies to with any facet of creating a high-performing work-from-home environment by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, helpdesk augmentation, security monitoring, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure needed for an at-home workforce can be especially complicated if you must manage a combination of worker-owned hardware like PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from an assortment of manufacturers and with a mix of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering remote support for both legacy as well as current IT products in virtual office venues allows you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for making essential updates. Services offered by Progent to help your company to implement a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- VPN connectivity allows you to establish a safe tunnel for authenticated at-home workers to use IT assets located at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to deploy and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can help your at-home workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a wide range of devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable a teleworker to view and use a data center computer's desktop. This provides IT managers significant control over the digital ecosystem of telecommuters and ensures remote users a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert remote support for integrating routers from a range of manufacturers. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting families and visitors, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can create performance and security problems. Progent can help you to resolve these problems by providing expertise that include Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point integration assistance.
- Internet access methods affect the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Business-critical applications might demand backup Internet access in the event the primary connection fails. Progent offers guidance for selecting service providers, choosing sensible service packages, and configuring redundant Internet connections. See Internet connectivity solutions.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining a productive work-from-home solution for your Harrisburg, Pennsylvania company, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.