Expanding your at-home workforce may have a significant effect on IT infrastructure, security/compliance, and company culture. Progent has two decades of background helping small and mid-size businesses to design, deploy, manage, optimize, and debug IT environments that support at-home workers. Progent can help your Hartford organization to pick the right tools and follow leading practices in creating and operating a secure virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and returns top value. Progent can provide support services that go from as-needed guidance for helping you over occasional IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Hartford, Connecticut businesses to with any aspect of creating a high-performing telecommuting ecosystem by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, helpdesk outsourcing, cybersecurity, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Configuring the network infrastructure needed for an at-home workforce can be especially challenging if you have to manage a combination of personal equipment such as desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from various manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering remote help for both legacy and modern technologies in remote office venues allows you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for making necessary updates. Support services available from Progent to help your company to create a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- VPN technology makes it possible to create a safe tunnel for authorized remote workers to use IT assets situated at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent can help your company to configure and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can help your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a broad range of devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable a teleworker to see and use a remote PC's desktop. This technology provides network managers substantial control over the digital ecosystem of telecommuters and offers remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert online support for deploying routers from all major manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often shared by families and visitors, are frequently used by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can create performance as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can help businesses to resolve these problems by delivering services like Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless AP setup help.
- Internet access methods impact the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate network. Business-critical applications might demand backup Internet connections in case the normal connection fails. Progent offers expertise for picking Internet service providers, selecting appropriate bandwidth and data volume packages, and setting up high-availability Internet access. See Internet connectivity solutions.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing an efficient telecommuter environment for your Hartford, Connecticut organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.