Expanding your remote workforce can have a major effect on network infrastructure, cybersecurity, and corporate processes. Progent has 20 years of experience helping businesses of all sizes to plan, deploy, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can help your Hartford organization to select the right technologies and adhere to leading practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual solution for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and returns top value. Progent can provide services ranging from on demand expertise for getting you over occasional technical roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Hartford, Connecticut companies to with any aspect of creating a high-functioning work-from-home environment by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, Call Desk services, security and compliance, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Setting up the network infrastructure needed to support a remote workforce can be particularly challenging if you have to manage a combination of personal hardware such as desktop computers and notebooks, routers, and wireless appliances from an assortment of vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background providing online help for both outdated as well as current technologies in virtual office venues enables you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for implement necessary updates. Services offered by Progent to assist you to create a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity allows you to create a safe tunnel for authorized at-home employees to access IT resources situated at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to configure and manage VPN access between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can help your telecommuters to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software for safe VPN connections for a wide range of endpoint devices including Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable a telecommuter to view and use a data center PC's desktop. This provides IT managers more control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures them a familiar work experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier remote support for deploying routers from a variety of vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by an entire household and visitors, are frequently used by at-home employees to connect to their router for work. This can cause throughput and security issues. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these issues by providing services like Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless AP setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Vital applications might require redundant Internet connections in case the primary connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for identifying service providers, picking appropriate bandwidth and data volume offerings, and configuring high-availability Internet connections. See Internet connectivity solutions.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining a productive telecommuter solution for your Hartford, Connecticut organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.