Expanding your telecommuter workforce may have a significant impact on IT architecture, security, and corporate processes. Progent has two decades of experience assisting SMBs to design, configure, manage, tune, and debug IT networks that support at-home workers. Progent can assist your Hartford company to select the appropriate technologies and adhere to leading practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual office solution for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and delivers top value. Progent offers support services that go from on demand expertise for helping you over challenging IT roadblocks to full project management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Hartford, Connecticut organizations to succeed with any facet of creating a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem by delivering infrastructure configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, Help Desk outsourcing, security and compliance, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Configuring the network infrastructure needed to support a remote workforce can be especially complicated if you must accommodate a mix of personal hardware like desktop computers and notebooks, routers, and wireless appliances from various vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background providing remote support for both outdated as well as modern technologies in virtual office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing network infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for making essential upgrades. Support services available from Progent to assist you to implement a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity allows you to create a safe tunnel for authenticated remote employees to use IT resources located at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can assist your remote workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for secure VPN connections for a wide selection of devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable an at-home worker to view and interact with a remote computer's desktop. This provides IT managers significant control over the computing environment of at-home employees and offers them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert online consulting for configuring home routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by an entire household and visitors, are commonly used by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can create performance and cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist you to mitigate these problems by providing expertise like Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP integration help.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Line-of-business processes may require redundant Internet access in the event the normal connection fails. Progent offers expertise for identifying Internet service providers, picking appropriate service packages, and configuring redundant Internet connections. See Internet connectivity solutions.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining a productive work-from-home solution for your Hartford, Connecticut business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.