Enlarging your at-home workforce can have a major effect on IT architecture, security, and company culture. Progent has 20 years of experience helping small and mid-size businesses to design, configure, manage, tune, and debug IT environments that support a remote workforce. Progent can help your Hayward organization to pick the appropriate tools and adhere to best practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual solution for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and delivers top business value. Progent can provide services ranging from as-needed guidance for getting you over occasional IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Hayward, California organizations to succeed with any facet of creating a high-performing work-from-home environment by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, helpdesk augmentation, security and compliance, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure required to support an at-home workforce can be especially challenging if you must manage a combination of worker-owned hardware such as desktop computers and notebooks, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from different vendors and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering remote support for both legacy and modern IT products in remote office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for making necessary upgrades. Services offered by Progent to help your company to implement a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network technology makes it possible to establish a secure connection for authenticated remote workers to use IT assets situated at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to configure and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA experts can assist your at-home workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a broad range of devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable a teleworker to see and interact with a remote computer's desktop. This technology gives network managers more control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and ensures them a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent can provide expert online consulting for deploying routers from a variety of vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting an entire household and guests, are commonly utilized by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can cause performance as well as security problems. Progent can help you to resolve these problems by providing expertise that include Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless AP setup assistance.
- Internet access methods affect the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Business-critical applications may demand redundant Internet access in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for selecting service providers, picking appropriate service packages, and setting up redundant Internet access. See Internet access solutions.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient telecommuter solution for your Hayward, California company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.