Enlarging your remote workforce can have a significant impact on network architecture, security/compliance, and corporate culture. Progent has two decades of background helping businesses of all sizes to plan, deploy, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that support work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Hayward organization to select the right technologies and adhere to leading practices in creating and operating a secure virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and delivers top business value. Progent can provide support services ranging from as-needed expertise for getting you over challenging technical bottlenecks to full project management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent can help Hayward, California businesses to with any facet of creating a high-functioning work-from-home environment by delivering infrastructure configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, Help Desk services, security and compliance, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure required to support a remote workforce can be especially challenging if you have to manage a mix of personal equipment like PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from various manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background providing remote support for both outdated as well as current IT products in remote office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary upgrades. Support services offered by Progent to help your company to create a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network technology makes it possible to establish a safe connection for authorized at-home workers to use IT assets located at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent can help you to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can help your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software for safe VPN tunneling for a broad selection of devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow a teleworker to see and use a remote PC's desktop. This technology gives network managers more control over the computing environment of telecommuters and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent can provide expert online consulting for deploying home routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often shared by an entire household and guests, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create throughput as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can help businesses to resolve these issues by delivering services like Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point integration assistance.
- Internet access methods impact the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Business-critical processes may demand redundant Internet connections in case the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for selecting Internet service providers, choosing appropriate bandwidth and data volume offerings, and setting up high-availability Internet access. Refer to Internet access solutions.
VoIP Integration for At-Home Workers
Extending the company PBX system to accommodate telecommuters is critical to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric digital PBX platforms are used by SMBs to server telecommuters. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's current or legacy platforms for VoIP solutions. Progent can help businesses of any size to plan or maintain a remote VoIP service that delivers the versatility, transparency and security required for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants offer high-level support to assist businesses tune their existing Cisco IP voice systems to handle an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers high-end telephony capabilities to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia software deployed throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager manages additional mixed media services like unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, see CUCM consultants.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can assist you to support your existing CallManager environment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. For details about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice platforms, see Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with PSTN networks and with clients operating beyond the corporate firewall
such as telecommuters. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series and for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your WAN infrastructure to support these solutions and provide on-demand integration and debugging expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A wide range of voice/video conferencing platforms from major vendors enable online meetings, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both local users and telecommuters. Many companies use a mix of products to meet the needs of their various partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can assist you to maintain your existing voice/video conferencing ecosystem and enhance the experience of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications product that enables real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help your company to set up and maintain Skype for Business clients to support your at-home workforce. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone app for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 simultaneous users for video calls. For details about Progent's consulting services for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for most computing devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based capture, plus revision and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Webex and for other IP video products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conferencing, contacts, and content with features such as voice/video calling, threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and debugging services for these products and
help you to tune your network architecture to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 families, offering a powerful ecosystem of productivity apps that create a cohesive user interface for sharing information across multiple sites and on a wide range of endpoints. Progent has provided online consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their initial releases and can assist businesses to tune these critical collaboration platforms to optimize the productivity of your at-home workers.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to enable collaboration and knowledge delivery by providing policy-based delivery of content, workflow, and utilities for looking through company-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to build protected portals that permits at-home workers to view and edit consolidated business intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts. For details about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, visit SharePoint configuration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange consulting services, refer to planning and configuration expertise for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote users can save files to OneDrive, and co-workers can access them safely via a web browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows remote employees to co-edit files. Revisions made offline are automatically synced when you go back online. For details about Progent's expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, visit Microsoft Onedrive configuration consulting.
Cloud Integration Services for Remote Workers
Progent can provide advanced remote assistance for helping businesses to build, manage and troubleshoot cohesive network architectures that combine physical data centers, teleworkers, branch offices, and cloud resources. Progent can provide expertise for all modes of cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help telecommuters resolve issues with cloud access, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a popular family of public cloud software and services that enables you to utilize IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical applications running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure offers over 100 cloud-based services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered VMs, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help you to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure AD, and plan data backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to establish secure access to Azure services for teleworkers by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. For information about Progent's consulting services for Azure, go to Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of client productivity software and cloud-based services available on a subscription basis. Office apps and services are marketed in a selection of plans designed for users ranging from students and households to large enterprises. Progent offers quick and affordable remote access to consultants knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible clients based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can assist you to assess the numerous subscription bundles available for Microsoft 365 and configure 365 apps for your at-home workers to achieve maximum business value. For information about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, visit Microsoft 365 consulting support.
Exchange Online is one of the most widely used applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Office 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of lower spending for data center infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and other advantages inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with local deployments of Exchange, allowing you to build hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's certified Exchange consultants are available for as-needed assistance to get you through tough technical roadblocks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to ensure your at-home workers have convenient and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. For details Progent's expertise for Office 365 Exchange Online, visit Office 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud arena and is the industry's biggest source of cloud services. Progent can provide fast and affordable online access to cloud integration consultants who can help your organization to plan, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with local resources and with other public clouds such as Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist you to create a high-availability network architecture to make sure your users have a consistent computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, from home, or on the move. For information about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a leading set of cloud computing services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your organization to extend your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database experts can help you make your critical applications cloud friendly so your remote workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent can assist your business to set up VMs on GCP Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage solution with Google Cloud Storage, and streamline access control for at-home workers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also help your business to utilize GCP's unified management technology to control and monitor your GCP environment. For details, refer to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting expertise.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Telecommuters
A sudden, company-wide transition to a from-home business model, which could be the result of an epidemic or as a component of a disaster recovery/business continuity process, can overwhelm even a well-staffed in-house Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow businesses to outsource or supplement their Help Desk by using Progent's online Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk support services utilize Progent's nationwide network of online technical support specialists combined with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking software to offer an economical, state-of-the-art Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 desktop support from help requests to ticket creation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables telecommuters to monitor or edit the status of their current trouble tickets, enter details, and append screenshots or relevant files. Support services are delivered at a substantial discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop service charges, and Progent makes available optional fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to deal with advanced issues. To learn more, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Service enables your company to expand your existing Help Desk Call Center staff by sharing delivery of Call Desk support services seamlessly between your in-house support staff and Progent's extensive pool of PC support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Support Desk service is based on a collective support model utilizing the leading professional services automation platform for handling help requests and trouble tickets, assigning responsibility, tracking progress, and generating reports. To learn how Progent's Help Desk Supplementation Services can help your company to deliver world-class technical support to your teleworkers, go to Progent's Support Desk supplementation Services.
Security for Teleworkers
Telecommuters commonly run their personal computers and work in a physically unsecured environment. This increases their vulnerability to cyber attacks and requires judicious deployment of security appliances, remote monitoring, and the creation of policies in compliance with best practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified data security experts can assist you to design, implement and manage a compliant cybersecurity solution that guards critical information in networks that incorporate teleworkers.
- Firewalls allow companies to build a network environment that can be safely utilized by on-premises users as well as by teleworkers, mobile users, suppliers, customers, and the public. Next-generation firewall devices allow you to assign and manage appropriate permissions to various groups of users and to expand your network and modify your security as your business evolves and as network attacks grow increasingly sophisticated. Progent works with both new and older firewall devices from all major vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall integration services, see firewall configuration and support services.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the disparate computers used by at-home workers and either block or spot and mitigate the latest threats such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight agent is put on every secured endpoint device, monitoring all activity and using state-of-the-art machine learning to detect zero-day threats before they can spread. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately disconnects the targeted endpoint from the network to quarantine the malware. Since the ProSight ASM software agent is autonomous, endpoints stay secure even when they are offline. To find out more about ProSight ASM, go to remote endpoint monitoring for at-home workers.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your information system to all classes of external and internal security threats for an environment that includes remote workers. Progent can run remote, automated cybersecurity analysis software for quickly and affordably uncovering a broad range of security gaps that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's security audit experts, which can be managed by network security experts with top credentials such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help you to evaluate your processes and policies and review your network architecture to enable you to design the highest level of security for your remote workers.
Data Protection for Teleworkers
The field of Data Protection involves backing up and restoring critical information in order to prevent data loss and minimize restoration time and effort in the event of storage failures resulting from hardware issues, programming hiccups, human mistakes, cyber attack, or other causes. Reliable data protection strategies can be particularly difficult to architect and manage in hybrid environments that combine local data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for at-home workers must cover diverse kinds of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide fast remote help from experts knowledgeable about a broad array of platforms for protection Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as laptops, tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/restore products supported by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up data spread across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud-based storage and includes granular restore and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies often anticipate circumstances that call for a temporary changeover to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity planning consultants can assist you to develop, document and test a DR/BC plan that addresses the logistics of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Endpoint Manager offers a unified platform for safeguarding corporate information by controlling on-premises, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting mobile computers and applications. Managed endpoint computers can be personally owned or company owned. IT administrators managing the endpoint devices of at-home workers can use Intune to deploy and validate applications on devices, push updates and certificates, set up rules for accessing data and networks, set passwords, establish VPN tunnels, determine how teleworkers share data, set up threat protection, verify security compliance, and wipe sensitive information from missing, stolen or decommissioned devices. Intune works with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. To find out about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can assist your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint computers of your at-home workforce, refer to Intune remote endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified MDM product that allows network managers to keep off-premises endpoint devices current and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint administration combined with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for identity control, app management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises deployment through a perpetual license. Top features of Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air provisioning of out-of-the-box laptops, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of devices, aggregated reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud services. For information about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining a productive telecommuter solution for your Hayward, California organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.