Enlarging your at-home workforce can have a significant impact on network infrastructure, security, and company culture. Progent has two decades of background helping businesses of all sizes to plan, configure, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can help your Hayward organization to pick the appropriate tools and adhere to leading practices in creating and operating a safe virtual solution for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and returns top business value. Progent offers support services ranging from as-needed guidance for helping you past occasional technical bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Hayward, California companies to with any facet of creating a high-functioning work-from-home ecosystem by providing network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, helpdesk services, security monitoring, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Integrating the network infrastructure needed to support an at-home work environment can be especially complicated if you must manage a combination of worker-owned equipment such as desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless APs from an assortment of vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering remote help for both outdated and modern IT products in remote office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for implement essential updates. Services available from Progent to help your company to create a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- VPN technology allows you to create a safe tunnel for authorized at-home workers to use IT assets situated at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to configure and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can help your remote workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for secure VPN connections for a wide selection of endpoint devices including Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow an at-home worker to see and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This technology gives IT managers substantial control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent offers expert online consulting for configuring home routers from a range of vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by an entire household and visitors, are frequently used by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can create throughput as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can assist you to resolve these issues by providing services that include Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP integration help.
- Internet access solutions impact the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Vital processes might demand backup Internet access in case the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for selecting Internet service providers, selecting appropriate bandwidth and data volume bundles, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
IP Voice Solutions for Remote Workers
Expanding the business phone environment to accommodate remote users is vital to maintaining a productive work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-based VoIP platforms are popular with SMBs to server telecommuters. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's current or older platforms for IP voice management. Progent can assist organizations of any size to design or maintain a telecommuter VoIP service that provides the flexibility, convenience and protection required for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts can provide advanced support to help organizations optimize their current Cisco IP voice systems to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends high-end telephony features to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and multimedia applications deployed across the network. CUCM manages other combined media services such as unified messaging, video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, refer to Cisco Unified CM consultants.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent's consultants can assist your company to support your current CallManager deployment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony products. To find out about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice platforms, see CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with public telephony networks and with users working beyond the corporate perimeter
such as telecommuters. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration consulting.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your wide area network architecture to support these solutions and provide online deployment and troubleshooting services.
Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A broad selection of video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies enable virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both local workers and teleworkers. Many companies use multiple products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to manage your existing conferencing environment and optimize the experience of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications product that enables presence, instant messaging, voice and video calling and conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist your company to deploy and manage Skype for Business client software to support your remote employees. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone platform for iOS and macOS devices. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime allow up to 32 concurrent users for video calls. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most computing devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, session recording, plus revision and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Webex as well as for additional IP video products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conferencing, contacts, and content with capabilities such as voice/video conferencing, persistent chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Teams and for additional Office 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and debugging expertise for these products and
help you to tune your network architecture to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 families, offering a rich ecosystem of productivity apps that create a consistent user experience for sharing data and ideas across a corporate network and on a broad range of endpoint devices. Progent has provided remote consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original releases and can help businesses to deploy these flagship collaboration platforms to optimize the productivity of your at-home workers.
SharePoint uses web sites to promote collaboration and knowledge sharing by offering policy-based delivery of content, workflow, and tools for looking through company-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to build secure portals that allows at-home workforce to view and edit consolidated business intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts. To find out about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, see SharePoint integration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange expertise, see deployment expertise for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home users can store files to OneDrive, and colleagues anywhere can access them safely via a browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables home employees to co-edit files. Edits created offline are automatically synced when you go back online. For information about Progent's expertise for OneDrive, refer to Microsoft Onedrive integration experts.
Public Cloud Integration for Teleworkers
Progent can provide advanced online support for helping organizations to build, manage and optimize cohesive network architectures that include internal data centers, teleworkers, branch offices, and cloud resources. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all types of cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help telecommuters resolve problems with public cloud access, identity, and security.
Azure is a popular platform for public cloud software and services that allows you to use IT infrastructure, servers, and critical apps running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure offers more than one hundred services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered VMs, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help your organization to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure AD, and plan backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you create protected access to Azure services for telecommuters by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. For details about Progent's expertise for Azure, refer to Azure expertise.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of client productivity software and cloud services offered by subscription. Microsoft applications and cloud services are marketed in a variety of plans designed for users ranging from students and households to major corporations. Progent offers quick and affordable remote access to experts knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible endpoints running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can help you to evaluate the numerous subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 applications for your at-home workers to achieve maximum business value. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, see Microsoft 365 consulting services.
Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in the Microsoft 365 product product suite. Office 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of reduced spending for data center infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and other advantages inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Office 365 Exchange Online to run transparently with on-premises deployments of Exchange, allowing you to build hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's Exchange consultants can provide as-needed assistance to get you through tough technical roadblocks and can also provide end-to-end project management services to ensure your teleworkers have convenient and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. To learn Progent's expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, visit Office 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud market and is the world's biggest provider of cloud-based services. Progent offers quick and affordable online access to cloud integration experts who can assist your business to plan, implement, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises resources and with other popular cloud platforms such as Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist your company to build a high-uptime network model to make sure your users have a consistent computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, at home, or on the road. To find out about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud Platform is a popular suite of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your business to extend your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA consultants can help you make your critical apps cloud friendly so your remote workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist your organization to deploy virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with GCP Storage, and streamline access management for teleworkers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent can also assist your organization to utilize GCP's unified management tools to control and monitor your Google Cloud environment. For information, see Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration support.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Remote Workers
An emergency, organization-wide transition to a from-home business model, which could be motivated by an epidemic or as a component of a disaster recovery preparedness plan, can overwhelm even the most efficient internal Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for businesses to outsource or supplement their Support Desk by using Progent's online Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk services utilize Progent's extensive team of remote technical support specialists combined with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and follow-up technology to offer an affordable, modern Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that handles all facets of remote Level 1 desktop technical support from initial help requests to ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables at-home employees to monitor or revise the status of their current trouble tickets, enter details, and upload screen captures and attachments. Desktop support services are delivered at a substantial price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical service charges, and Progent makes available optional rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to resolve advanced issues. For more information, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Service allows your company to expand your existing Help Desk organization by sharing delivery of Support Desk support services seamlessly between your regular support personnel and Progent's extensive pool of PC support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Help Desk Call Center service uses a co-sourcing support model based on the leading professional services automation tool for managing help requests and ticketing, assigning responsibility, monitoring progress, and producing management reports. To find out how Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Services can enable your company to deliver best-in-class IT support to your at-home workforce, refer to Progent's Call Desk augmentation Services.
Security for Teleworkers
Telecommuters commonly use their own computing devices and work in a physically unsecured environment. This worsens their exposure to cyber threats and requires careful deployment of firewalls, remote security monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies that adhere to best practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified cybersecurity experts can help your company to design, implement and administer a compliant cybersecurity environment that safeguards vital data in IT networks that include remote workers.
- Firewalls enable companies to create a network that can be safely accessed by on-premises users and by teleworkers, mobile users, vendors, clients, and the public. Modern firewall devices allow you to configure and manage appropriate permissions to various classes of users and to expand your IT network and modify your security profile as your business evolves and as network attacks become more sophisticated. Progent works with both new and legacy firewall appliances from all major vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall support services, see firewall integration and support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to track the disparate computers utilized by an at-home workforce and either block or identify and respond to modern threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint software agent is put on every secured endpoint, monitoring all activity and using state-of-the-art machine learning to identify zero-day attacks on arrival. When an attack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly disconnects the targeted device from the network to quarantine the threat. Since the ProSight ASM software agent is autonomous, endpoints stay secure even when they are not connected to the Internet. To learn more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, refer to remote endpoint monitoring for at-home workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your information system to all classes of external and internal security attacks for a network that incorporates teleworkers. Progent can run online, automated security inventory software for rapidly and affordably uncovering a broad range of security gaps that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's security assessment experts, which can be provided by network security experts with advanced credentials such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your business to audit your processes and policies and assess your network infrastructure to enable you to implement the highest level of protection for your remote workers.
Data Protection for Teleworkers
Data Protection involves backing up and restoring critical data so as to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time and effort in case of storage system failures resulting from equipment breakdowns, software glitches, human error, malware, or other causes. Reliable data protection strategies can be especially challenging to design and maintain in hybrid networks that incorporate private data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore solutions for an at-home workforce must address diverse kinds of user-owned endpoints. Progent can provide quick online access to experts familiar with a broad range of platforms for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as notebooks, iPads and handhelds. Leading backup/restore products supported by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up data spread across a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud-based storage and includes fine-grained recovery and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans typically envision circumstances that require a rapid switch to a work-at-home environment. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity planning specialists can help your business to produce, document and validate a DR/BC plan that includes the process of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management products under the title Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a centralized solution for protecting critical data by controlling on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting mobile computers and applications. Managed endpoint computers can be personally owned or business owned. IT administrators managing the enrolled endpoint computers of telecommuters can use Intune to provision and validate applications on devices, push updates and certificates, configure policies for permission to access data and resources, set passwords, create VPN tunnels, control how home-based workers share information, set up threat defense, ensure security compliance, and wipe sensitive information from missing, stolen or decommissioned devices. Microsoft Intune runs with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X computers. To learn about Intune and to find out how Progent can assist you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the endpoint computers of your teleworkers, visit Intune remote device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized MDM product that allows network administrators to keep off-premises endpoints current and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for access control, application management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site deployment through a perpetual license. Top features of Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air deployment of new laptops, quick onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of devices, unifies management reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft applications and cloud services. To find out about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining a productive work-from-home solution for your Hayward, California organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.