Enlarging your telecommuter workforce may have a significant effect on network architecture, security/compliance, and company workflows. Progent has 20 years of background helping businesses of all sizes to plan, deploy, administer, tune, and debug IT networks that support at-home workers. Progent can assist your Hayward company to select the right tools and follow best practices in creating and operating a secure virtual solution for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and delivers top business value. Progent can provide support services that go from on demand expertise for getting you over occasional technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Hayward, California organizations to succeed with any facet of creating a high-performing work-at-home environment by providing network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, Help Desk augmentation, security and compliance, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Configuring the network infrastructure needed for an at-home work environment can be particularly complex if you must accommodate a combination of personal equipment like PCs and laptops, routers, and wireless APs from an assortment of manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background delivering remote support for both outdated and current technologies in virtual office venues allows you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for implement essential updates. Support services available from Progent to help you to implement a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- VPN connectivity makes it possible to establish a secure connection for authorized at-home workers to use IT resources situated at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent can help your company to deploy and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key network resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can help your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a wide range of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow a teleworker to see and interact with a remote computer's desktop. This gives IT managers significant control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and offers remote users a familiar work experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local wireless connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers expert remote consulting for integrating routers from all major vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting families and visitors, are frequently used by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create throughput as well as security issues. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these problems by providing services like Cisco Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless access point integration help.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Line-of-business processes might demand redundant Internet access in case the normal connection fails. Progent can provide expertise for picking Internet service providers, choosing appropriate service offerings, and configuring high-availability Internet access. See Internet connectivity solutions.
VoIP Solutions for Teleworkers
Extending the business PBX system to accommodate telecommuters is vital to maintaining an effective work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-centric IP voice platforms are popular with small and mid-size businesses to server remote users. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's current or legacy platforms for IP voice management. Progent can help businesses of all sizes to design or maintain a remote VoIP environment that provides the flexibility, transparency and security required for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts can provide advanced support to assist organizations optimize their existing Cisco VoIP environments to handle an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) extends high-end telephony capabilities to devices such as IP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia apps deployed throughout the network. CUCM supports additional combined media services such as messaging, video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For details about Progent's CUCM expertise, visit Cisco Unified CM consultants.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can help your company to maintain your current CallManager deployment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. For details about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other legacy VoIP products, refer to CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with PSTN networks and with users operating beyond the corporate perimeter
like telecommuters. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your wide area network architecture to support these solutions and provide on-demand configuration and debugging expertise.
Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A wide range of voice/video conferencing platforms from major technology companies enable online meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both onsite workers and at-home workers. Many companies utilize a mix of conferencing products to meet the needs of their various partners and clients. Progent can help you to maintain your existing voice/video conferencing ecosystem and enhance the experience of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications platform that enables real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video calling and conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help your company to deploy and manage Skype for Business clients to accommodate your remote employees. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling app for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime support up to 32 concurrent users for video calls. To learn more about Progent's support services for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus editing and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex and for other IP video solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conversations, contacts, and content with features such as video conferencing, threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Teams and for additional Office 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and troubleshooting services for these conferencing platforms and
assist your business to optimize your network architecture to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office suites, offering a powerful environment of applications that deliver a cohesive user experience for exchanging data and ideas throughout a corporate network and on a broad selection of endpoint computers. Progent has provided remote consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange since their initial publication and can help your company to configure these flagship collaboration products to optimize the effectiveness of your remote workers.
SharePoint uses web entities to enable collaboration and knowledge sharing by offering policy-driven access to data, business processes, and utilities for looking through company-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to build secure portals that enables at-home workers to view and update consolidated corporate intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For information about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, go to SharePoint integration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, visit deployment consulting services for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoft’s shared cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home users can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers can retrieve them securely via a web browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive allows home employees to co-author documents. Revisions created offline are automatically uploaded when you go back online. For information about Progent's consulting services for OneDrive, visit Microsoft Onedrive integration consulting.
Cloud Integration for Teleworkers
Progent can provide fast and affordable remote assistance for helping businesses to create, manage and troubleshoot integrated hybrid network models that combine physical data centers, telecommuters, branches, and public cloud services. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all types of public cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help remote workers resolve problems with public cloud connectivity, identity, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a leading family of cloud software and services that allows you to use IT infrastructure, servers, and critical applications running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure offers over one hundred services services including hosting for Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist you to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and design data backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to establish protected access to Azure for teleworkers by setting up and debugging firewalls and VPN tunnels. To find out about Progent's expertise for Azure, refer to Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of client productivity applications and cloud-based services offered on a subscription basis. Microsoft apps and services are provided in a selection of plans designed for customers ranging from students and small offices to large corporations. Progent can provide quick and affordable online contact with experts knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can assist your business to evaluate the numerous subscription plans available for Office 365 and deploy 365 apps for your telecommuters in a way that delivers maximum business value. To find out about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, go to Office 365 consulting support.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product line. Office 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of reduced costs for data center infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and other benefits associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to run seamlessly with local deployments of Exchange, enabling you to create hybrid information systems. Progent's certified Exchange experts can provide occasional assistance to get you through tough technical roadblocks and can also provide comprehensive project management outsourcing to make sure your telecommuters have easy and secure access to your Office 365 Exchange Online environment. To learn Progent's support services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, go to Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud computing arena and is the world's leading provider of cloud services. Progent can provide fast and affordable online access to cloud integration consultants who can assist your business to design, deploy, maintain, and debug hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local data centers and with other public clouds such as Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist you to create a high-availability network architecture to make sure your users have a consistent computing experience whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, at home, or on the move. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a leading set of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your organization to scale your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can show you how to make your mission-critical applications cloud friendly so your at-home workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can help your business to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design an efficient storage solution with Google Cloud Storage, and streamline access management for telecommuters with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also help you to use GCP's management technology to administer and monitor your Google Cloud environment. For information, refer to Google Cloud Platform consulting support.
Help Desk Call Center Support for At-Home Workers
A fast, company-wide changeover to a telecommuter business model, which might be driven by a pandemic or as part of a disaster recovery/business continuity plan, can overwhelm even the most efficient in-house Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow organizations to outsource or augment their Call Center with Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center services utilize Progent's extensive network of online IT support specialists along with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking technology to provide an affordable, advanced Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that handles all aspects of remote Level 1 desktop technical support from initial service requests to ticket creation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables telecommuters to track or revise their current tickets, add details, and append screenshots and attachments. Desktop support services are provided at a substantial price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop service rates, and Progent makes available optional fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to resolve complex issues. To find out more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplemental Service allows your business to expand your existing Support Desk team by sharing responsibilities for Support Desk support transparently between your in-house support staff and Progent's extensive team of desktop support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Support Desk service is based on a co-sourcing support model utilizing the leading PSA platform for handling service requests and ticketing, assigning ownership, tracking progress, and producing reports. For information about how Progent's Help Desk Supplementation Services can help your business to deliver world-class desktop support to your at-home workforce, go to Progent's Help Desk supplementation Services.
Security and Compliance for Teleworkers
Remote workers often run their personal equipment and work in an unsecured environment. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber attacks and requires careful use of security appliances, remote monitoring, and the enforcement of policies that follow leading practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified data security professionals can help you to plan, implement and manage a modern security environment that guards sensitive information in networks that include at-home workers.
- Firewalls enable companies to create a network that can be securely utilized by on-premises users and by telecommuters, mobile employees, suppliers, customers, and the public. Modern firewall appliances permit you to configure and control appropriate permissions to different groups of users and to expand your network and adjust your security profile as your business evolves and as cyber threats grow more complex. Progent supports both current and legacy firewall devices from all major vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall support services, refer to firewall support services.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the disparate computers used by an at-home workforce and either block or spot and respond to modern cyber attacks such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight software agent is installed on every secured endpoint device, watching all activity and utilizing advanced behavioral threat analysis to identify new threats before they can spread. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately isolates the infected endpoint device from the corporate network to quarantine the malware. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is self-contained, endpoints remain protected even when they are disconnected from the Internet. To find out more about ProSight ASM, go to remote endpoint monitoring for an at-home workforce.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your network to all classes of external and internal security attacks for an environment that includes telecommuters. Progent can run remote, automated security inventory software for quickly and affordably detecting a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be found via the Internet. Progent's security assessment experts, which can be managed by network security professionals with advanced certifications including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can help you to evaluate your operations and governance policies and review your IT architecture to enable you to implement top-level protection for your remote workers.
Data Protection Solutions for Remote Workers
Data Protection involves saving and restoring vital data in order to avoid data loss and reduce restoration time in case of storage system failures due to hardware breakdowns, software glitches, user error, cyber attack, or any other reason. Reliable data protection solutions can be particularly challenging to architect and maintain in hybrid networks that combine local data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore strategies for teleworkers must cover multiple types of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent offers quick online help from consultants familiar with a broad range of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as laptops, tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/restore products supported by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up resources distributed throughout a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud-based storage and features fine-grained recovery and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies typically anticipate scenarios that call for a rapid changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity consultants can help you to create, document and test a DR/BC plan that includes the process of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management products under the name Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Endpoint Manager offers a unified platform for safeguarding corporate data by controlling local, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing remote devices and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be user owned or business owned. IT admins managing the enrolled endpoint devices of telecommuters can use Intune to provision and validate applications on devices, push patches and certificates, set up rules for accessing data and networks, manage passwords, create VPN tunnels, control how home-based workers share data, set up threat defense, verify compliance, and erase sensitive information from lost, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune runs with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. For information about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can assist you to use this platform to administer the endpoint computers of your at-home workers, go to Intune telecommuter endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified MDM platform that allows network administrators to keep off-premises endpoints current and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for access control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises deployment through a one-time purchase. Top capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include fast remote provisioning of new laptops, immediate onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of devices, unifies management reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based services. For information about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and managing a productive telecommuter environment for your Hayward, California organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.