Progent's Co-managed Service Desk
Progent's Co-managed Service Desk is intended for organizations with between 50 and 500 end users and allows your information technology staff to divide responsibilities for Help Desk services transparently between your internal support resources and Progent's nationwide roster of IT support technicians, engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's Shared Help Desk service is a joint IT service system built around ConnectWise Manage, the industry-leading Professional Services Automation platform for administering IT service requests, issuing trouble tickets, assigning ownership, tracking status, and producing management reports. The cost for Level 1 IT support for Progent's Shared Help Desk service is typically less than $18 per user per month.
Progent's Co-managed Help Desk Service offers a smooth extension of your core network support team. End user interaction with the Help Desk, delivery of technical assistance, issue escalation, ticket creation and tracking, efficiency measurement, and maintenance of the support database are cohesive regardless of whether issues are resolved by your corporate IT support organization, by Progent, or by a combination. All end-user support calls are triaged as Level 1, 2 or 3 issues. Progent takes responsibility for the service levels you specify (typically Level 1 and Level 3). Initial service calls are routed to your internal support group or to Progent's Technical Response Center (TRC), depending on your requirements. Level 2 or 3 tickets can be escalated to Progent's Experts Team of subject matter experts (SMEs). The escalation activity is seamless for your clients. Your business has complete versatility to expand or reduce your part of technical support activity as required. Progent takes care of startup installation and onboarding of the professional services automation (PSA) software as well as workflow documentation, validation and training.
A shared ticketing system follows support issues through the complete ticket lifecycle
Progent's Technical Response Center (TRC)
Progent's Technical Response Center (TRC) has been providing remote IT support for over twenty years and has active customers in each state in the country (see Progent's client testimonials.) The Technical Response Center maintains the team of seasoned computer experts who can handle Level 1 trouble tickets, which make up the majority of Service Desk support calls. The TRC, like Progent's Experts Team, uses the ConnectWise Manage professional services automation (PSA) platform to streamline ticketing, tracking progress, responsibility assignment, escalation and management reporting. This proven solution prevents issues from being ignored and offers clients clear visibility of all support services provided. The Technical Response Center targets 90% live answer rate and enables Progent's Co-managed Help Desk program to offer a 60-minute service-level agreement. Service hours are 5am to 7pm Pacific Time on standard work days. Extended support hours and onsite support are offered at extra cost. For more details about the Technical Response Center, visit The TRC Customer Commitment.
Definition of Service Levels
Progent offers three levels of remote technical support, which align with industry-recognized Tier 1 through Tier 3 support. You can pick which support levels will be provided wholly or shared by Progent's support team and your internal resources. The depth and knowledge of Progent's roster of subject matter experts allows fast and effective escalation and makes it possible to count on Progent as a one-stop source for most support problems at any service level. Also, Progent's provision of knowledge transfer permits important service problems to migrate from higher to lower Tiers as resolution processes become recorded and normalized so they can be performed by less knowledgeable and less expensive support personnel.
Support levels are described as:
Example of a Trouble Ticket Lifecycle
- Level 1 Support: Filters Help Desk calls and delivers baseline technical support and debugging, like password resets, printer set up, break/fix procedures, ticket routing and escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support. A Level 1 tech gathers and analyzes information about the user's issue and determines the best way to resolve the problem. Level 1 service may also provide assistance for familiar Level 2 and 3 issues where solutions have previously been recorded.
- Level 2 Support: Generally addresses break/fix, configuration issues, troubleshooting, application or OS installations, and hardware fixes including onsite repair or orchestrating depot services. Level 2 support deals with escalated issues that Level 1 personnel are not equipped to resolve. Level support can sometimes escalate to Level 3, depending on the issue and the way the Help Desk operates.
- Level 3 Support: Debugging, setup, DBA, and migrations for OS and applications servers, hybrid networks, email, file shares, and various integration issues. Besides having the ability to find solutions to new problems, a Level 3 engineer typically has the most experience.
A common example of a trouble ticket lifecycle is the situation where you want Progent's TRC to triage all support requests. In this scenario, Progent may be tasked with dealing directly with all the Level 1 desktop issues your users initiate. Progent can promote the remaining service requests to your internal network support group. Your in-house support group would take on the Level 2 problems they have the skills and availability to resolve and escalate any residual requests to Progent's Level 3 Experts Team.
Example Trouble Ticket Lifecycle
A ticket can move transparently through Progent's Technical Response Center, your in-house network support team, and Progent's Experts Team
This sample deployment of Progent's Co-managed Help Desk Service has a 4-phase trouble ticket lifecycle:
It is important to note that all support teams that handle the ticket can review and edit the content, and the ticket system automatically alerts your end users about updates to ticket status. As a result of the thorough, collaborative documentation workflows enforced by the ticketing platform, repeat IT problems that at first require advanced expertise can eventually migrate to a lower service level for quicker and less expensive resolution.
- Your users enter requests through the browser-based support, a dedicated phone number, or simply by sending an email to a specific email address. This immediately becomes an open request in the ticket system.
- Progent's Technical Response Center receives the trouble ticket request and determines whether it will be handles or promoted to your in-house Service Desk.
- Your Service Desk receives the escalated open request and decides the best means to resolve the issue. If necessary, your Service Desk can escalate the open request back to Progent for assignment to Progent's Experts Team.
- Progent receives the updated ticket request, identifies the best suited subject matter exert from the Experts Team, and tasks the designated SME to co-operate with your IT team until the issue is resolved or closed.
Highlights of Progent's Help Desk Service
Top features of Progent's Shared Service Desk program include:
Details of Progent's Shared Help Desk Program
- Pooled Level 1 help from Progent's Technical Response Center staff
- Desktop remote help provided 5 days a week, 5am-7pm Pacific Time, One-hour SLA
- Discounted per-hour rate with one-minute granularity for Level 1 desktop support for end users
- Average price of Level 1 support is around $18 per user per month
- Level 2 and Level 3 help from Progent subject matter expert available as an option at Progent's normal consulting rates
- De-escalation allows problems that initially call for Level 2 or Level 3 support to migrate to a lower, less expensive Level after procedures are documented
- StreamlineIT provides a full version of ConnectWise Manage with secure multi-tenant support
Progent's Co-managed Service Desk support program is designed to provide a flexible, collaborative call desk system for medium-size organizations. Details of these services, with Progent responsible for Level 1 desktop support, include:
- Available only in USA and territories
- One-time startup fee dependent on complexity of the solution
- Live Answer of incoming service calls to Progent Technical Response Center with a goal of 90% Live Answer of all requests
- After deciding if server or networking support is required, some service calls will be escalated to Level 2 or 3 support
- All assistance requiring Level 2 or Level 3 expertise will be handled by a Progent consultant pending customer authorization
- 1 hour SLA for Level 1 desktop support in most cases
- Level 1 Support is for end users and covers Windows-based systems and Apple systems
- Progent Level 2 or 3 support will be charged at standard hourly consulting rates
- Progent will provide personnel - Technical Response Center desktop engineers daily, Level 2 and 3 as required
- Progent will dedicate a toll-free phone number and email mailbox for incoming support requests
- Free Remote Control agent with screen sharing for efficient technical troubleshooting
- Free ProSight IT Asset Management system for IT documentation management
- All Level 1 remote service is charged at a special hourly rate with per-minute granularity
- All Level 1 support is done remotely, no on-premises support included
- All on-premises support is billed at regular hourly consulting rates
- All onsite work will have an additional fixed fee as well as any documented travel costs
- All travel cost projections will be provided and require customer approval before work or travel will be performed
- Projects and separate Statements of Work will have their own estimates and costs outlined and will be performed only after approval by client
Progent's proven onboarding procedure allows your organization to move transparently to a shared Service Desk and an advanced trouble ticket and reporting system. Key phases of the deployment process for Progent's Shared Service Desk include:
- Create your custom Help Desk environment, setting up your internal team, locations, and user data
- Progent's consultants will work with your company's support group to review current incoming service requests
- Set up your inbound help request system to include email, software agents, and a dedicated telephone number
- Progent delivers ticket management training for your support team
- Work together to create core workflow and escalation procedures
- Add all your staff and assets that will deliver support
- Develop the roll-out description and promotion of the new Call Desk environment
- Select a defined location or small groups to onboard first
- Bring additional users into the system at a workable pace
- Review reports and system setup for proper data and processes
- Add additional reports or fields needed to enhance the identification or monitoring of frequently seen issues
- Surface key data that could allow a better resolution rate for Level 1 service requests
Benefits of Progent's Co-managed Help Desk Services
- All clients have been exposed to the support desk and can access it
- All necessary user and hardware data is populated in the support system
- You can transfer and manage tickets transparently between your in-house support group and Progent
- You can track daily, weekly and monthly support performance and trends
Progent's Co-managed Help Desk service offers a range of benefits that allow businesses to give clients fast and effective IT support services while simultaneously cutting expenses and relieving administrative burden. Benefits of Progent's Co-managed Service Desk include:
To see a cost analysis of Call Desk outsourcing vs. maintaining an internal Call Center, visit outsourced IT Service Desk benefits.
- Keep complete control of your IT service requests: you decide what trouble tickets are forwarded to Progent's support group or handled by your in-house support staff.
- Quick availability of additional IT service professionals when and if you require them: Progent's professional services automation (PSA) software automatically routes internal tickets or permits you manually forward to Progent's Technical Response Center.
- Productivity: Progent's IT support experts will review your incoming support requests and identify additional data that would allow a higher resolution rate for typical desktop issues. Progent's IT support experts can also assist you to improve tag creation to expedite solutions.
- Transparency: Progent's Shared Help Desk works as a virtual supplement to your internal Service Desk with centralized ticketing and reporting so nothing falls through the cracks.
- Happy workers: End users have the ability to follow the status of their IT service calls rapidly and easily.
- Management analytics: You benefit from the measurements, responsibility assignments, and activity reporting of a modern PSA system to assist you to build a custom Call Center experience that delivers top business value.
- Concentrate on your core business issues, not IT service calls and disgruntled workers: Your network managers escape being bogged down trying to manage common service calls.
Download Progent's White Paper: Is Co-managed IT a Good Idea?
Although maintaining your own self-sufficient internal IT group can be a burden from the budgetary standpoint, a lot of businesses prefer that strategy since it offers them greater control over their IT management. Yet did you know that your company can still reap the advantages of a managed services provider within the shared network service strategy. Adopting the co-managed services model permits your business to stay in command over your system infrastructure while augmenting your own IT services team simply and affordably.
To find out more, see our white paper: Is co-managed IT a good idea? (PDF - 632 KB).
Download Progent's Shared Help Desk Datasheet
To download a single-page datasheet in PDF format describing Progent's Co-managed Help Desk, click:
Progent's Co-managed Service Desk Datasheet. (PDF - 108 KB)
Progent has packaged the ProSight suite of remote monitoring and management (RMM) services to streamline critical activities related to network management, cybersecurity and upkeep. Any of these services can be integrated with Progent's Shared Call Desk service by installing agent software on machines to be tracked and managed. Alerts generated by these software agents can be forwarded automatically to Progent's Technical Response Center, processed through the trouble ticket and tracking system, and categorized for Level 1, 2 or 3 treatment.
Samples of ProSight Remote Monitoring and Management packages include:
Why Choose Progent?
- ProSight Email Guard: Email Content Filtering, Spam Blocking and Data Leakage Protection:
ProSight Email Guard is Progent's spam and virus filtering service that incorporates the infrastructure of top data security vendors to provide centralized management and comprehensive security for all your inbound and outbound email. The hybrid architecture of Progent's Email Guard managed service integrates cloud-based filtering with a local security gateway appliance to offer complete defense against spam, viruses, Denial of Service Attacks, Directory Harvest Attacks (DHAs), and other email-based malware. Email Guard's cloud filter acts as a preliminary barricade and blocks most unwanted email from making it to your network firewall. This decreases your exposure to inbound attacks and saves network bandwidth and storage. Email Guard's onsite security gateway appliance provides a further level of analysis for inbound email. For outbound email, the on-premises gateway offers anti-virus and anti-spam filtering, policy-based Data Loss Prevention, and email encryption. The on-premises gateway can also help Exchange Server to monitor and safeguard internal email that originates and ends inside your security perimeter. For more details, visit Email Guard spam and content filtering.
- ProSight Active Security Monitoring: Behavior-based Threat Scanning and Ransomware Defense:
Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) is an endpoint protection (EPP) service that utilizes cutting edge behavior machine learning technology from SentinelOne to guard physical and virtual endpoint devices against modern malware attacks like ransomware and file-less exploits, which easily escape traditional signature-matching AV tools. ProSight ASM safeguards local and cloud-based resources and provides a unified platform to manage the complete malware attack lifecycle including protection, infiltration detection, containment, cleanup, and forensics. Key capabilities include one-click rollback using Windows Volume Shadow Copy Service and automatic system-wide immunization against new attacks. Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, reseller, and integrator. Read more about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware defense with SentinelOne technology.
- ProSight Data Protection Services: Cloud-based Backup and Disaster Recovery:
Progent has worked with advanced backup/restore product companies to produce ProSight Data Protection Services, a selection of management offerings that deliver backup-as-a-service (BaaS). All ProSight DPS services manage and track your backup operations and enable transparent backup and fast recovery of vital files, applications, system images, plus VMs. ProSight DPS lets you avoid data loss caused by equipment failures, natural disasters, fire, malware like ransomware, user mistakes, malicious employees, or application glitches. Managed backup services in the ProSight DPS portfolio include ProSight DPS Altaro VM Backup, ProSight 365 Total Backup (formerly Altaro Office 365 Backup), ProSight DPS ECHO Backup using Barracuda dedicated hardware, and ProSight MSP360 Cloud and On-prem Backup. Your Progent expert can help you to determine which of these fully managed services are best suited for your IT environment.
- Patch Management: Patch Management Services:
Progent's support services for patch management provide organizations of all sizes a flexible and affordable solution for evaluating, validating, scheduling, implementing, and documenting updates to your dynamic information network. Besides maximizing the security and functionality of your computer network, Progent's software/firmware update management services permit your in-house IT staff to concentrate on more strategic projects and activities that deliver the highest business value from your information network. Read more about Progent's software/firmware update management support services.
- ProSight Duo Multi-Factor Authentication: Identity Validation, Endpoint Remediation, and Secure Single Sign-on (SSO):
Progent's Duo MFA managed services utilize Cisco's Duo cloud technology to protect against compromised passwords by using two-factor authentication (2FA). Duo enables single-tap identity confirmation on Apple iOS, Android, and other personal devices. Using 2FA, whenever you log into a secured online account and enter your password you are requested to confirm who you are on a device that only you have and that is accessed using a different network channel. A wide range of devices can be utilized as this second means of authentication such as a smartphone or watch, a hardware token, a landline phone, etc. You can designate multiple verification devices. To find out more about ProSight Duo two-factor identity validation services, visit Duo MFA two-factor authentication (2FA) services for access security.
As a Microsoft Gold-Certified Partner, Progent offers your clients quick and reliable access to a proven Help Desk group able to provide technical support. Progent has decades of experience delivering remote support for IT systems that incorporate Microsoft technology. Progent's emphasis is on giving the Call Desk a positive image as a valuable factor in your company's success. Progent attempts to resolve and not merely track issues, and Progent's target for long-term customers is to fix at least 80% of Service Desk issues on the first call. First-call resolution is a key factor in lowering Help Desk costs, enhancing the image of the IT staff in general and the Call Desk in particular, and increasing client efficiency.
How to Get Started with Progent's Co-managed Network Help Desk Call Center Support
To find out more about Progent's Co-managed Network Call Center Services, phone 800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.