Progent's Standard Help Desk Services
Small businesses rarely have the staffing, expertise or budget to set up and maintain an in-house Help Desk that provides fast response, ticketing and tracking, clear assignment of responsibilities, efficient escalation, and full reporting. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services leverage Progent's nationwide network of support experts along with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking technology to provide an affordable, modern Help Desk call center.
Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that handles all aspects of online Level 1 desktop support from service requests through trouble ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows clients to check or update the status of their current tickets, add more information, and append screenshots and other attachments. Support services are provided at a substantial discount off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop service rates, and Progent offers the option of fast as-needed escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to handle complex issues. Progent uses pooled resources to deliver responsive support during regular hours and as an extra-cost option can provide dedicated staff and/or extended hours support. Progent also offers various remote monitoring and management (RMM) and backup services. (See ProSight remote monitoring and management (RMM) services.)
Users can track the status of their current tickets via the User's Service Portal
Progent's Technical Response Center (TRC)
Progent's Technical Response Center (TRC) has been providing online technical support for two decades and has active clients in every state in the U.S. (see Progent's customer testimonials.) The TRC provides the pool of seasoned desktop engineers who service the end users enrolled in Progent's Standard Help Desk program. The TRC uses the leading Professional Services Automation (PSA) software platform to handle ticketing, progress, ownership, escalation and reporting. This prevents problems from falling through the cracks and gives clients clear visibility of all services delivered. The TRC is committed to a 90% live-answer rate and allows Progent's Standard Help Desk Services to offer a 60-minute SLA. Standard support hours are 5am to 7pm PST, five days a week. Extended hours support and onsite service are available at extra cost. To learn more about the TRC, refer to TRC Customer Commitment.
Progent offers three levels of remote support, which correspond to industry standard Tier 1 through Tier 3 support. Level 1 desktop support is included with Standard Help Desk Services, and Level 2 and Level 3 support are available based on prior approval by the client. The depth and technical breadth of Progent's Team of subject matter experts (SMEs) allows fast and effective escalation and makes it possible for small businesses to rely on Progent as a one-stop source for most IT issues.
Service levels are defined as:
Support Summary for Progent's Standard Help Desk Services
- Level 1 Support: Filters Help Desk calls and provides basic support and troubleshooting, such as password resets, printer configurations, break/fix instructions,'ticket routing and escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support. A Level 1 tech gathers and analyzes information about the user's issue and determines the best way to resolve the problem. Level 1 may also provide support for identified Level 2 and Level 3 issues where configuration solutions have already been documented.
- Level 2 Support: Generally handles break/fix, configuration issues, troubleshooting, software installations, hardware repair (including in-house repair or coordinating depot services). They'deal with escalated issues that Level 1 support is not equipped to handle. Level 2 will sometimes escalate to Level 3, depending on the issue and the way the Help Desk operates.
- Level 3 Support: Troubleshooting, configuration, database administration, and repair for server, network, Data Center, email, file shares, and other infrastructure issues. Besides always having the ability to deploy solutions to new problems, a Level 3 tech usually has the most expertise.
Key features of Progent's Standard Help Desk Services are:
Details of Progent's Standard Help Desk Services
- Pooled desktop support from Progent's TRC engineers
- Desktop support available 5 days a week, 5am-7pm PST, 60 Minute SLA
- Discounted hourly rate with one-minute granularity for Level 1 desktop support for end users
- Level 2 and Level 3 support available on request at Progent's normal consulting rates
Progent's Standard Help Desk Services are designed to provide an end-to-end call center solution for small organizations. Details of this service offering include:
Benefits of Progent's Standard Help Desk Services
- Available only in USA and US territories locations
- One-time setup fee based on complexity of the deployment
- Beginning day one, you are assigned a Technical Resource Center (TRC) Coordinator and a TRC Service Lead to resource, assign and communicate with your team and users. The TRC Service Lead will work closely with you to develop a What Goes Where document to help escalate transparently to your team or de-escalate back to Progent's support engineers.
- Live Answer of incoming service requests to Progent TRC with a goal of 90% Live Answer of all calls
- After determining if server or networking support is required some calls will be passed to Level 2 or Level 3 support
- All support requiring Level 2 or Level 3 service will be worked on after receiving client approval
- 1 hour SLA for Level 1 desktop support in most cases
- Level 1 Support is for end users and Windows-based systems
- Progent Level 2 or Level 3 support will be at regular hourly consulting rates
- Progent will provide resources - TRC desktop engineers daily, Level 2 and 3 as needed
- Progent will provide a phone number and email mailbox for incoming service requests
- Free Remote Control agent with screen sharing for support
- All Level 1 remote support is billed at a discounted desktop hourly rate
- All Level 1 support will be done remotely, no on site included
- All onsite work will be invoiced at regular hourly consulting rates
- All onsite support will have an additional fixed charge plus any specific travel costs
- All travel cost estimates will be provided and need client approval before work or travel will be performed
- Projects and separate Statements of Work (SoWs) will have their own estimates and costs outlined and will be performed only after approval by client
Download Progent's Standard Help Desk Services Datasheet
To download a single-page datasheet in PDF format describing Progent's Standard Help Desk Services, click:
Progent's Standard Help Desk Services Datasheet. (PDF - 101 KB)
Progent has developed the ProSight family of remote monitoring and management (RMM) services to automate critical processes associated with network administration, security and maintenance. Any of these services can be integrated with Progent's Standard Help Desk Services by installing agent software on computers to be monitored and managed. Alerts generated by these agents can be routed automatically to Progent's TRC group, processed through the ticketing and tracking system, and triaged for Level 1, 2 or 3 support.
Examples of ProSight RMM services include:
Why Choose Progent?
- ProSight Email Guard: Email Content Filtering, Spam Blocking and Data Leakage Protection:
ProSight Email Guard combines on-premises security gateway hardware with cloud infrastructure from world-class providers to create a pass-through service which routes all your email to secure data centers where email and attachments are screened using modern heuristic analysis. Clean email is forwarded instantly to your local gateway for deep analysis, and suspicious email is either tagged and delivered or quarantined for review. Progent can help you set up ProSight Email Guard for Microsoft Exchange or any other email system and show you how to manage your email security from the cloud. Learn more about Progent's ProSight Email Guard Spam and Virus Filtering.
- ProSight Active Security Monitoring: Behavior-based Threat Analysis and Ransomware Protection:
ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ProSight ASM), powered by SentinelOne behavior-based machine learning, provides endpoint and server protection from modern malware attacks such as ransomware, which can easily evade legacy, signature-based anti-virus defenses. ProSight ASM gives small and mid-sized organizations low-cost access to the same SentinelOne threat protection platform used by leading enterprises including Walmart, Netflix, Visa, Citi, NASDAQ, Salesforce and others. ProSight ASM can protect both local and cloud-based resources. To learn more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, visit ProSight Active Security Monitoring endpoint protection and ransomware defense.
- ProSight Data Protection Services: Cloud Backup and Disaster Recovery:
ProSight Data Protection Services offer small and midsized businesses a low-cost, fully managed service for secure backup/disaster recovery (BDR). ProSight DPS automates and monitors your backup processes and enables fast restoration of critical files, folders, apps, system images, plus Hyper-V and VMware images. ProSight DPS helps you recover from hardware failures, disasters, malware like ransomware, human error, or software bugs. Bare Metal Restore (BMR) lets you restore like or dissimilar hardware, and you can use point-in-time restores. Data can be backed up to the cloud, a local device, or mirrored to both. To find out more, see ProSight Data Protection Services managed backup and disaster recovery.
As a Microsoft Certified Partner, Progent can offer the expertise of a Help Desk staff of certified Microsoft professionals to give your clients fast and reliable access to the technical help they need. Progent has years of background delivering phone support and remote repairs for IT systems built on Microsoft technology. Progent's emphasis is on giving the Help Desk a positive image as a valuable contributor to your company's success. Progent tries to fix rather than merely track problems, and Progent's goal for established clients is to resolves at least 80% of help desk problems on the first call. First-call resolution is an important factor in lowering help desk costs, improving the image of the IT group in general and the help desk in particular, and raising client productivity and satisfaction.
How to Get Started with Progent's Help Desk Call Center
To find out more about Progent's Standard Help Desk Services, call 800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.
Progent Can Help You Build or Improve Your In-house Help Desk
If your in-house Help Desk is steadily losing ground trying to keep up with your customers' problems, or if you want your Help Desk to have a stronger orientation towards service, Progent's Help Desk Consulting Services can provide the expertise you need to create a long-term solution. Find out more about Progent's Help Desk Consulting Services.