Enlarging your at-home workforce may have a significant impact on network architecture, cybersecurity, and company processes. Progent has two decades of background helping SMBs to plan, deploy, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that support work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Hialeah company to select the appropriate tools and adhere to leading practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and delivers maximum business value. Progent offers support services that go from as-needed expertise for helping you over challenging technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Hialeah, Florida organizations to with any facet of building a high-functioning telecommuting environment by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, Call Desk services, security and compliance, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Configuring the network infrastructure needed for a remote work environment can be especially complicated if you have to accommodate a mix of worker-owned hardware such as desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless APs from an assortment of manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background providing remote support for both legacy as well as current IT products in remote office venues enables you to make cost-effective use of your available infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for implement essential updates. Support services available from Progent to assist your company to implement a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- VPN connectivity allows you to create a safe connection for authenticated at-home workers to access IT resources situated at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can assist your remote workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN connections for a broad selection of devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow a telecommuter to view and use a remote computer's desktop. This technology provides network managers more control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and offers remote users a familiar experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect home networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier remote consulting for deploying routers from a range of vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often shared by an entire household and guests, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can cause performance and cybersecurity issues. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these problems by providing services like Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP integration help.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Line-of-business processes may demand backup Internet access in the event the primary connection fails. Progent can provide expertise for identifying Internet service providers, selecting sensible bandwidth and data volume offerings, and configuring high-availability Internet connections. See Internet connectivity solutions.
VoIP Solutions for At-Home Workers
Extending the business PBX system to accommodate remote users is critical to maintaining an effective work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-based IP voice products are used by small and mid-size businesses to support telecommuters. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's current or older products for VoIP solutions. Progent can help organizations of any size to design or tune a remote IP voice service that provides the versatility, convenience and protection required for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts can provide advanced support to help organizations tune their current Cisco IP voice systems to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) extends high-end IP telephony features to devices like VoIP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and multimedia apps used across the network. CUCM supports additional mixed media services like messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, refer to Cisco Unified Communications Manager consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been superseded by CUCM. Progent can help you to maintain your existing CallManager deployment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice products, refer to Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with public telephony networks and with users working outside the corporate firewall
like at-home workers. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your wide area network infrastructure to work with these VoIP solutions and provide online deployment and troubleshooting services.
Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A broad selection of video conferencing products from leading vendors enable virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both local users and at-home workers. Many companies use multiple conferencing products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent can assist your organization to maintain your current voice/video conferencing ecosystem and enhance the engagement of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications platform that enables real-time presence, IM, audio and video conferencing plus the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help your company to deploy and maintain Skype for Business clients to support your remote employees. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 simultaneous users for video sessions. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus editing and playback for training. For details about Progent's consulting services for Webex and for other IP video products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conferencing, contacts, and content with capabilities that include voice/video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's support services for Microsoft Teams and for additional Office 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and troubleshooting services for these conferencing platforms and
assist your business to optimize your network infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office families, providing a rich ecosystem of productivity apps that deliver a cohesive user interface for sharing information across multiple sites and on a broad range of endpoints. Progent has delivered remote consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first releases and can assist businesses to configure these critical collaboration products to maximize the productivity of your remote workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to enable collaboration and information sharing by offering policy-driven delivery of content, business processes, and tools for searching through company-wide information silos. SharePoint permits you to build protected web portals that enables at-home workforce to see and update consolidated business intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To find out about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, refer to SharePoint integration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange support services, see integration consulting services for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote users can store files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers anywhere can access them safely through a web browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables at-home employees to co-author documents. Revisions made offline are synced when you go back online. For information about Progent's expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, visit Microsoft Onedrive configuration consulting.
Cloud Integration for Teleworkers
Progent offers fast and affordable online support for enabling businesses to build, manage and repair cohesive hybrid network architectures that incorporate physical data centers, at-home workers, branch offices, and cloud resources. Progent offers expertise for all types of public cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help remote workers fix issues with cloud connectivity, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a popular family of public cloud software and services that enables you to use infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical apps hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure offers more than 100 cloud-based services including hosting for Windows and Linux-powered VMs, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help your organization to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure AD, and plan data backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to establish protected access to Azure services for telecommuters by setting up and debugging firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. For information about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Azure, see Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of business productivity software and cloud services available by subscription. Office apps and cloud services are provided in a variety of plans intended for users ranging from students and households to major corporations. Progent can provide quick and easy online contact with consultants familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible client devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can assist your business to assess the various subscription bundles offered with Office 365 and deploy 365 applications for your telecommuters in a way that delivers maximum business value. To find out about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, visit Office 365 integration expertise.
Exchange Online is one of the most popular applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product product suite. Office 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of lower spending for data center infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and additional advantages associated with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Office 365 Exchange Online to run seamlessly with local deployments of Exchange, enabling you to build hybrid information systems. Progent's certified Exchange experts are available for occasional assistance to get you through tough technical bottlenecks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your remote workers have easy and secure access to your Office 365 Exchange Online environment. For details Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, refer to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and support consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud market and is the world's biggest source of cloud-based services. Progent can provide rapid and affordable online contact with cloud connectivity consultants who can help your organization to plan, implement, manage, and debug hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with local data centers and with other popular cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help your company to build a high-availability network model so your employees have a consistent computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the road. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS consulting expertise.
Google Cloud is a leading collection of cloud computing services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your organization to expand your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database experts can show you how to make your mission-critical applications cloud ready so your at-home workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can help your business to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage system with GCP Storage services, and simplify access control for remote workers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's consultants can also assist your business to utilize GCP's management tools to control and track your Google Cloud environment. To learn, see Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration expertise.
Help Desk Call Center Services for At-Home Workers
An emergency, organization-wide transition to a from-home workforce, which could be activated by an epidemic or as part of a disaster recovery preparedness plan, can overstretch even the most efficient in-house Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow businesses of any size to outsource or augment their Call Center by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center services leverage Progent's extensive network of remote technical support specialists combined with world-class trouble ticketing and follow-up technology to offer an economical, state-of-the-art Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that handles all facets of remote Level 1 desktop support from help requests to trouble ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables at-home employees to check or update their active tickets, add details, and append screenshots and attachments. Desktop support services are delivered at a substantial discount off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop support charges, and Progent makes available optional rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to resolve complex issues. For more information, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Service allows you to supplement your current Call Center organization by splitting delivery of Support Desk services seamlessly between your in-house IT support staff and Progent's extensive team of PC support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Call Desk service is based on a collaborative support model utilizing the leading professional services automation tool for managing help requests and trouble tickets, assigning responsibility, monitoring progress, and producing management reports. To find out how Progent's Call Center Augmentation Services can enable your business to deliver best-in-class technical support to your telecommuters, go to Progent's Call Desk supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for Teleworkers
Teleworkers often use their own computing devices and work in an unsecured space. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber attacks and calls for careful deployment of firewalls, remote monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies that follow leading practices. Progent's veteran team of certified data security experts can assist your business to plan, implement and manage a modern security environment that protects vital information in networks that include teleworkers.
- Firewalls enable companies to create a network that can be securely accessed by local users as well as by teleworkers, mobile workers, vendors, clients, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall appliances permit you to configure and control appropriate permissions to various classes of users and to expand your IT network and adjust your security profile as your company evolves and as network attacks become more complex. Progent works with both new and older security devices from all leading manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall integration services, see firewall configuration and support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to track the various computers used by at-home workers and either reject or identify and mitigate modern threats like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint software agent is installed on every protected endpoint device, watching all activity and using advanced machine learning and full execution context to identify new attacks before they can spread. When an attack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately isolates the impacted device from the corporate network to contain the threat. Because the ProSight ASM agent is autonomous, endpoints stay secure even when they are not connected to the Internet. To find out more about ProSight ASM, see remote endpoint monitoring for an at-home workforce.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your information system to all classes of outside and internal security attacks for an environment that includes at-home workers. Progent can run remote, automated security inventory scanning for quickly and affordably detecting a broad range of security holes that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit consulting services, which can be managed by network security experts with top certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can help you to evaluate your operations and policies and assess your WAN infrastructure to enable you to implement the highest level of protection for your remote workers.
Data Protection Solutions for Telecommuters
Data Protection covers backing up and restoring vital data in order to avoid data loss and reduce recovery time and effort in case of storage system failures resulting from equipment breakdowns, software glitches, user mistakes, malware, or other causes. Dependable data protection solutions can be especially difficult to architect and manage in hybrid environments that incorporate private data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore strategies for an at-home workforce must cover diverse kinds of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide quick online help from consultants knowledgeable about a wide array of products for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/restore products maintained by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect resources distributed throughout a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud storage and features fine-grained restore and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans often envision circumstances that require a temporary changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity consultants can assist your business to create, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that addresses the logistics of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Endpoint Manager offers a unified platform for protecting corporate information by controlling local, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting off-premises devices and applications. Managed endpoint devices can be personally owned or business owned. IT administrators managing the enrolled endpoint devices of telecommuters can use Intune to deploy and authenticate applications on managed devices, push updates and certificates, configure rules for permission to access information and networks, manage passwords, create VPN tunnels, determine how telecommuters share information, set up threat protection, verify compliance, and erase sensitive data from lost, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune can be used with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. For information about Intune and to find out how Progent can help you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint computers of your at-home workforce, see Intune teleworker device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized MDM product that allows network administrators to keep offsite endpoints current and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint administration combined with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for authorization control, app management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises product via a one-time purchase. Key capabilities of Workspace ONE include fast remote deployment of out-of-the-box notebooks, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies reporting and analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud products. For information about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining a productive work-from-home environment for your Hialeah, Florida organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.