Expanding your at-home workforce may have a significant effect on IT architecture, cybersecurity, and corporate culture. Progent has 20 years of background helping SMBs to plan, deploy, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that support a remote workforce. Progent can help your Hialeah company to pick the right technologies and follow best practices in creating and operating a safe virtual solution for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and returns maximum business value. Progent offers support services that go from as-needed expertise for getting you over challenging IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Hialeah, Florida companies to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-functioning work-from-home environment by delivering infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, helpdesk services, security and compliance, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Integrating the network infrastructure required to support a remote workforce can be especially complicated if you have to accommodate a mix of worker-owned hardware such as PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from various vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background providing online help for both outdated and current IT products in virtual office venues enables you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for implement necessary updates. Services offered by Progent to help your company to create a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology makes it possible to establish a secure connection for authenticated at-home employees to use IT resources situated at your corporate datacenter or in the cloud. Progent can assist your company to deploy and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can assist your remote workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for secure VPN connections for a broad selection of devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable a teleworker to see and use a remote PC's desktop. This provides network managers substantial control over the computing environment of telecommuters and offers them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, local wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier online support for setting up routers from all major vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by an entire household and visitors, are frequently used by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can cause performance as well as security issues. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these problems by providing services that include Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point integration help.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Mission-critical applications may demand backup Internet connections in the event the normal connection fails. Progent can provide expertise for selecting ISPs, picking sensible bandwidth and data volume packages, and setting up high-availability Internet connections. See Internet access solutions.
VoIP Integration for an At-Home Workforce
Extending the corporate PBX system to include remote users is vital to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-based IP voice products are popular with SMBs to server remote users. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's current or legacy products for IP voice solutions. Progent can assist organizations of any size to plan or maintain a telecommuter VoIP environment that provides the flexibility, convenience and protection needed for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts offer high-level support to help businesses tune their current Cisco IP voice environments to support an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) extends enterprise IP telephony features to devices such as IP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media applications deployed across the network. Unified Communications Manager supports additional combined media services like messaging, video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM expertise, see Cisco Unified CM consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent's consultants can help your company to maintain your current CallManager deployment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice products, see CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with PSTN networks and with users working outside the corporate perimeter
such as telecommuters. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your wide area network infrastructure to work with these solutions and deliver on-demand configuration and debugging expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A broad selection of voice/video conferencing products from leading technology companies enable virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both local users and at-home workers. Many organizations use a mix of conferencing products to accommodate their different partners and clients. Progent can assist your organization to manage your existing voice/video conferencing ecosystem and optimize the engagement of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications platform that enables real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to configure and maintain Skype for Business clients to support your remote workforce. For details about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone platform for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime support as many as 32 concurrent users for voice/video sessions. For details about Progent's support expertise for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, session recording, plus revision and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's support expertise for Webex and for additional IP video products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conferencing, contacts, and information with capabilities that include voice/video calling, threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams as well as for additional Office 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and troubleshooting services for these products and
assist you to tune your network infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a rich environment of productivity apps that create a cohesive user interface for exchanging information across a corporate network and on a wide selection of endpoint devices. Progent has delivered remote consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange since their first releases and can assist businesses to configure these critical collaboration platforms to optimize the effectiveness of your at-home workers.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to promote collaboration and information sharing by providing policy-driven delivery of data, workflow, and utilities for searching through company-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to create secure web portals that enables remote workforce to see and update aggregated business intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts. To find out about Progent's SharePoint expertise, refer to SharePoint configuration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, visit planning and configuration consulting services for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home users can save files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues can access them safely through a browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables remote workers to co-edit documents. Edits made offline are automatically synced when you go back online. For information about Progent's expertise for OneDrive, go to Microsoft Onedrive integration experts.
Public Cloud Integration for Teleworkers
Progent can provide affordable online support for enabling businesses to build, maintain and optimize integrated network models that incorporate physical data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, and cloud services. Progent offers expertise for all modes of cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help teleworkers resolve problems with cloud connectivity, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a leading platform for cloud software and services that enables you to use infrastructure, virtual servers, and key applications running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure offers more than one hundred services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist you to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and design data backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you create protected connections to Azure services for at-home workers by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. To learn about Progent's expertise for Azure, go to Microsoft Azure consulting.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of client productivity software and cloud-based services offered by subscription. Microsoft applications and cloud services are provided in a selection of bundles designed for customers ranging from students and small offices to major enterprises. Progent can provide fast and affordable online access to experts knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible endpoints based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can help your business to assess the numerous subscription plans available for Office 365 and configure 365 applications for your at-home workers to achieve top business value. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, go to Microsoft Office 365 consulting services.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most widely used applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product product suite. Exchange Online provides the benefits of reduced costs for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and additional benefits associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to operate transparently with on-premises Exchange environments, allowing customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's Exchange experts can provide as-needed assistance to get you past challenging IT bottlenecks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to ensure your remote workers have convenient and safe access to your Exchange Online deployment. For information Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, refer to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and support consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud market and is the world's top provider of cloud-based services. Progent offers rapid and economical online contact with cloud connectivity consultants who can help your business to plan, implement, manage, and debug hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises resources and with other popular cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist you to create a high-uptime network model so your employees have a consistent computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, at home, or on the road. For information about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud Platform is a popular set of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist you to extend your current IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database consultants can help you make your key apps cloud ready so your at-home workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist your organization to deploy virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage system with Google Cloud Storage, and streamline access management for teleworkers with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent's consultants can also help you to use GCP's unified management tools to control and monitor your GCP environment. For information, visit Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting expertise.
Help Desk Call Center Support for At-Home Workers
An emergency, company-wide changeover to a teleworker workforce, which could be motivated by a pandemic or as an element of a business continuity preparedness plan, can overstretch even a well-staffed internal Call Desk. Progent's Call Center services allow organizations to outsource or supplement their Help Desk with Progent's remote Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk support services leverage Progent's nationwide network of online IT support experts along with world-class trouble ticketing and follow-up software to offer an economical, state-of-the-art Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that addresses all facets of online Level 1 PC technical support from help requests through trouble ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows teleworkers to check or revise the status of their current tickets, enter information, and append screenshots or attachments. Support services are delivered at a significant price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical support rates, and Progent makes available optional fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to deal with complex problems. For more information, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Call Desk Supplemental Service enables your company to expand your existing Call Desk organization by sharing delivery of Support Desk services transparently between your in-house support personnel and Progent's extensive pool of desktop support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Call Desk service is based on a co-sourcing support solution utilizing the leading PSA tool for handling service requests and trouble tickets, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and producing reports. To learn how Progent's Call Desk Supplementation Services can help your business to provide world-class desktop support to your teleworkers, see Progent's Call Desk supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for Telecommuters
Teleworkers often run their personal computing devices and work in an unsecured space. This increases their vulnerability to cyber threats and requires careful deployment of firewalls, remote endpoint monitoring, and the creation of security policies that follow leading practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified data security experts can help you to plan, implement and manage a modern security solution that protects sensitive information in networks that include an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls enable you to build a network that can be safely accessed by local users as well as by telecommuters, mobile users, vendors, customers, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall appliances permit you to assign and manage different access rights to different classes of users and to scale your IT network and modify your security profile as your company evolves and as network attacks grow more sophisticated. Progent works with both new and legacy security appliances from all major manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall integration expertise, visit firewall support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the disparate devices used by remote workers and either reject or identify and respond to modern cyber attacks such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint agent is installed on each secured endpoint, watching all activity and using advanced AI technology to identify zero-day attacks before they can spread. When an attack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately isolates the infected endpoint from the corporate network to quarantine the malware. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is autonomous, endpoint devices remain protected even when they are disconnected from the Internet. To find out more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, refer to remote endpoint security monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your information system to all types of external and internal security threats for an environment that includes telecommuters. Progent can deploy online, automated security inventory software for rapidly and economically uncovering a broad range of security weaknesses that can be found via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment consulting services, which can be provided by security experts with top credentials such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help you to audit your operations and governance policies and assess your IT architecture to allow you to design top-level security for your telecommuters.
Data Protection for Remote Workers
The field of Data Protection covers backing up and restoring vital information so as to avoid data loss and reduce recovery time in case of storage problems due to hardware breakdowns, software glitches, human error, malware, or any other reason. Dependable data protection solutions can be particularly difficult to design and maintain in hybrid networks that combine in-house data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for teleworkers must address diverse kinds of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent offers fast remote help from experts familiar with a wide array of platforms for protection Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iPads and handhelds. Popular backup/recovery products supported by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up resources distributed across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud storage and features fine-grained recovery and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans typically envision circumstances that require a quick changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity planning consultants can assist your company to create, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that addresses the logistics of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the name Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a unified platform for safeguarding critical information by controlling onsite, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting off-premises devices and applications. Remote endpoint computers can be personally owned or company owned. IT admins managing the enrolled endpoint devices of teleworkers can use Intune to provision and validate apps on managed devices, push patches and certificates, configure policies for permission to access data and resources, manage passwords, establish VPN connections, control how home-based workers share data, establish threat protection, verify compliance, and wipe corporate data from missing, stolen or decommissioned devices. Microsoft Intune works with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. To find out about Intune and how Progent can assist you to use this platform to manage the devices of your telecommuters, go to Intune telecommuter endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized MDM product that allows network administrators to keep offsite endpoint devices current and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for access control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises product via a one-time purchase. Key features of Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air provisioning of out-of-the-box laptops, immediate onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of devices, unifies reporting and analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based products. To learn about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE remote device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient work-from-home solution for your Hialeah, Florida company, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.