Expanding your telecommuter workforce can have a significant impact on network architecture, security/compliance, and corporate culture. Progent has two decades of background assisting small and mid-size businesses to design, deploy, administer, tune, and debug IT networks that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can help your Hialeah organization to select the right tools and adhere to leading practices in building and operating a secure virtual office solution for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and delivers top business value. Progent offers services that go from as-needed guidance for getting you over occasional IT bottlenecks to full project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can help Hialeah, Florida businesses to with any facet of building a high-performing telecommuting environment by providing infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, Help Desk services, security monitoring, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Configuring the network infrastructure needed to support a remote workforce can be particularly complicated if you must accommodate a mix of personal hardware like PCs and notebooks, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from an assortment of manufacturers and with a mix of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background providing remote help for both outdated and current IT products in virtual office venues enables you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for implement essential updates. Services offered by Progent to assist you to create a productive telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity allows you to create a secure connection for authenticated at-home employees to use IT resources situated at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can help you to configure and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key IT resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can assist your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for safe VPN tunneling for a wide selection of endpoint devices such as Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable a telecommuter to see and interact with a data center computer's desktop. This technology provides network managers substantial control over the computing environment of at-home employees and ensures them a familiar work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier remote consulting for setting up home routers from a variety of vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by families and guests, are frequently used by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create performance and cybersecurity issues. Progent can help you to mitigate these issues by providing services that include Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP setup help.
- Internet access methods impact the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate network. Business-critical applications may require backup Internet access in case the primary connection fails. Progent offers guidance for selecting service providers, picking sensible bandwidth and data volume offerings, and configuring fault-tolerant Internet access. See Internet connectivity solutions.
IP Voice Solutions for Teleworkers
Expanding the business PBX system to include teleworkers is critical to maintaining a productive work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-centric digital PBX platforms are used by small and mid-size businesses to support remote users. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's modern or legacy platforms for IP voice solutions. Progent can assist businesses of any size to design or maintain a telecommuter VoIP service that delivers the versatility, transparency and protection needed for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants can provide high-level support to assist businesses optimize their existing Cisco IP voice systems to support a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers high-end IP telephony capabilities to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia software deployed across the network. CUCM supports additional mixed media services such as messaging, video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager expertise, visit Cisco Unified Communications Manager expertise.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent's consultants can assist your company to maintain your current CallManager deployment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice platforms, refer to CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with public telephony networks and with clients working beyond the corporate firewall
such as telecommuters. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your wide area network architecture to support these solutions and provide on-demand configuration and debugging services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A broad range of video conferencing products from major technology companies enable online meetings, video conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both onsite workers and telecommuters. Many organizations use a mix of products to accommodate their different partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can help you to manage your current voice/video conferencing ecosystem and enhance the engagement of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications product that supports presence, instant messaging, voice and video conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist your company to configure and maintain Skype for Business clients to accommodate your remote workforce. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac devices. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime allow up to 32 concurrent users for video sessions. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus editing and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Webex as well as for other IP video solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conversations, contacts, and information with capabilities that include voice/video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Teams as well as for other Microsoft 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and debugging services for these conferencing platforms and
assist your business to tune your WAN architecture to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office suites, offering a powerful environment of applications that deliver a cohesive user interface for sharing data and ideas throughout multiple sites and on a broad range of endpoints. Progent has provided online consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first publication and can assist your company to tune these critical collaboration platforms to maximize the effectiveness of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint uses web sites to allow collaboration and information sharing by providing policy-based access to content, business processes, and utilities for searching through company-wide information silos. SharePoint permits you to build protected web portals that enables at-home workforce to see and update consolidated business intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For information about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, go to SharePoint integration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange consulting services, go to integration expertise for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home users can store files to OneDrive, and co-workers can retrieve them securely through a web browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive allows remote employees to co-author files. Revisions made offline are automatically synced when you go back online. To learn about Progent's expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, see Onedrive integration experts.
Public Cloud Integration Services for At-Home Workers
Progent offers fast and affordable remote support for helping organizations to build, maintain and repair cohesive network models that include internal data centers, remote workers, branches, and public cloud resources. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all modes of public cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help at-home workers fix issues with public cloud access, identity, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a popular family of cloud software and services that enables you to use infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical applications running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes over one hundred services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-based VMs, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help you to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and design data backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to establish secure access to Azure for at-home workers by setting up and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. For information about Progent's expertise for Azure, refer to Azure consulting.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of client productivity applications and cloud services available on a subscription basis. Office apps and cloud services are marketed in a selection of plans designed for users ranging from students and households to major enterprises. Progent offers quick and affordable online access to consultants familiar with Office 365-compatible devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can help your business to assess the numerous subscription bundles available for Office 365 and deploy 365 applications for your remote workers in a way that delivers maximum business value. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, see Microsoft Office 365 consulting support.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular applications in the Office 365 product line. Exchange Online offers the benefits of lower costs for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and additional advantages associated with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to operate transparently with local Exchange environments, enabling you to build hybrid networks. Progent's certified Exchange experts are available for as-needed help to get you through challenging IT roadblocks and also offer comprehensive project management services to make sure your remote workers have convenient and safe access to your Exchange Online deployment. For details Progent's expertise for Office 365 Exchange Online, go to Office 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud market and is the world's biggest source of cloud services. Progent offers quick and economical online contact with cloud integration consultants who can help your organization to design, implement, manage, and debug hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises resources and with other popular cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help your company to build a high-availability network architecture so your employees have a productive computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, from home, or on the road. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a popular collection of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help you to scale your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database experts can show you how to make your mission-critical apps cloud ready so your teleworkers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist your organization to set up virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with GCP Storage services, and streamline access management for at-home workers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also help you to use GCP's unified management technology to control and track your Google Cloud ecosystem. To find out, see Google Cloud Platform consulting expertise.
Help Desk Call Center Support for At-Home Workers
An emergency, organization-wide switchover to a teleworker workforce, which might be activated by an epidemic or as part of a disaster recovery/business continuity preparedness plan, can overstretch even a high-performing in-house Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow organizations to outsource or supplement their Support Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Call Center services leverage Progent's nationwide team of online technical support experts combined with world-class ticketing and follow-up software to offer an affordable, state-of-the-art Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 desktop technical support from help requests to ticket generation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows from-home workers to check or revise their active tickets, enter details, and upload screen captures and attachments. Support services are provided at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 technical service rates, and Progent offers optional fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to deal with complex problems. To find out more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Supplemental Service enables your company to supplement your current Help Desk Call Center organization by splitting responsibilities for Help Desk Call Center support services transparently between your in-house support personnel and Progent's nationwide roster of PC support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Support Desk service is based on a co-sourcing support model based on the number one PSA platform for managing service requests and trouble tickets, assigning ownership, tracking progress, and generating reports. To find out how Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Services can enable your business to deliver world-class desktop support to your at-home employees, see Progent's Help Desk Call Center supplementation Services.
Security for At-Home Workers
At-home workers commonly use their personal equipment and work in an unsecured space. This increases their exposure to cyber threats and requires judicious use of security appliances, remote monitoring, and the creation of security policies that adhere to leading practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified data security experts can assist your organization to plan, implement and manage a compliant security solution that safeguards sensitive data in IT networks that include remote workers.
- Firewalls allow companies to build a network environment that can be securely utilized by on-premises users as well as by an at-home workforce, mobile employees, suppliers, customers, and the public. Next-generation firewall appliances allow you to configure and control different permissions to various classes of users and to scale your IT network and adjust your security as your company evolves and as network attacks grow increasingly complex. Progent supports both new and legacy security appliances from all leading manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall integration expertise, go to firewall support services.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to track the various computers utilized by remote workers and either block or identify and mitigate modern threats like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight agent is installed on every secured endpoint, watching all activity and utilizing advanced machine learning to identify new threats at inception. When an attack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly disconnects the infected endpoint device from the corporate network to quarantine the threat. Since the ProSight ASM software agent is autonomous, endpoint devices remain protected even when they are offline. To learn more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, refer to remote endpoint monitoring for an at-home workforce.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your network to all types of outside and internal security attacks for an environment that incorporates telecommuters. Progent can deploy online, automated cybersecurity inventory software for rapidly and affordably uncovering a wide variety of security gaps that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment consulting services, which can be managed by data security professionals with advanced credentials including CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your company to evaluate your processes and governance policies and review your IT infrastructure to allow you to implement the highest level of protection for your teleworkers.
Data Protection Solutions for Telecommuters
Data Protection involves saving and recovering critical data in order to avoid data loss and reduce restoration time and effort in the event of storage system problems due to hardware issues, programming hiccups, user error, cyber attack, or other causes. Dependable data protection solutions can be particularly difficult to architect and maintain in hybrid networks that combine private data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for at-home workers must cover diverse types of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide quick online access to consultants knowledgeable about a broad range of platforms for protection Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/recovery solutions maintained by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up data distributed throughout a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud storage and includes fine-grained restore and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans commonly envision scenarios that call for a rapid changeover to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity consultants can assist your company to develop, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that includes the logistics of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a unified environment for protecting corporate data by managing on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting off-premises computers and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be personally owned or company owned. IT admins managing the endpoint computers of at-home workers can utilize Intune to deploy and validate apps on managed devices, push updates and certificates, configure rules for permission to access data and networks, manage passwords, create VPN tunnels, determine how telecommuters share information, establish threat defense, verify compliance, and wipe corporate information from lost, stolen or deactivated devices. Intune works with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS devices. To find out about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can assist you to use this platform to administer the devices of your teleworkers, go to Intune mobile device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management product that helps network managers to keep remote endpoint devices up to date and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint administration combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for authorization control, application management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site product via a perpetual license. Key features of Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air deployment of new laptops, quick onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, aggregated management reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud services. To learn about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining an efficient work-from-home solution for your Hialeah, Florida organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.