Enlarging your at-home workforce may have a significant effect on network architecture, security, and company processes. Progent has two decades of background assisting businesses of all sizes to plan, configure, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that support work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Honolulu organization to pick the appropriate tools and adhere to best practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and delivers maximum value. Progent can provide services ranging from as-needed expertise for helping you over challenging technical roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent can help Honolulu, Hawaii businesses to succeed with any facet of building a high-performing telecommuting environment by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, Help Desk services, data security, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure needed to support an at-home workforce can be especially complex if you have to manage a combination of personal equipment such as PCs and notebooks, routers, and wireless appliances from various manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background delivering remote support for both outdated and current IT products in virtual office solutions enables you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary upgrades. Services available from Progent to assist your company to implement a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity makes it possible to establish a secure connection for authorized remote workers to use IT assets situated at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent can help your company to configure and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For organizations using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can help your remote workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a wide range of devices such as Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow an at-home worker to view and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This provides network managers significant control over the computing environment of telecommuters and ensures remote users a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier online consulting for integrating routers from a variety of vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by an entire household and guests, are frequently used by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can create throughput as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can help businesses to resolve these problems by providing services like Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point setup help.
- Internet connectivity solutions affect the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Vital processes may demand backup Internet connections in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for identifying service providers, selecting appropriate service bundles, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet access. Refer to Internet access solutions.
IP Voice Solutions for At-Home Workers
Extending the corporate phone system to accommodate teleworkers is critical to supporting an effective at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-based IP voice products are popular with SMBs to support teleworkers. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's current or older products for IP voice solutions. Progent can help organizations of all sizes to design or tune a telecommuter IP voice service that delivers the versatility, transparency and protection required for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants can provide advanced support to help businesses optimize their existing Cisco IP voice environments to handle a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) extends enterprise telephony capabilities to devices like VoIP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia apps used throughout the network. CUCM supports additional combined media services such as unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For details about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, refer to CUCM expertise.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can help you to support your current CallManager deployment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP platforms, visit CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with public telephony networks and with clients operating beyond the corporate perimeter
like telecommuters. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your wide area network architecture to support these VoIP solutions and provide online deployment and troubleshooting services.
Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A broad range of video conferencing products from leading vendors support virtual meetings, video conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both local users and at-home workers. Many companies utilize a mix of conferencing products to accommodate their different partners and customers. Progent can help you to maintain your current conferencing environment and enhance the experience of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications platform that enables presence, IM, audio and video conferencing plus the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist your company to configure and maintain Skype for Business clients to accommodate your remote workforce. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling app for iOS and Mac devices. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime support as many as 32 simultaneous users for video calls. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for most computing devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based capture, plus editing and playback for training. For details about Progent's support services for Cisco Webex as well as for other IP video solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conferencing, contacts, and content with features that include video conferencing, persistent chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Teams as well as for other Office 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and troubleshooting services for these conferencing platforms and
assist your business to optimize your network architecture to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office families, offering a powerful ecosystem of applications that deliver a consistent user interface for exchanging information throughout a corporate network and on a wide range of endpoints. Progent has provided remote consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their initial publication and can help businesses to tune these critical collaboration products to optimize the effectiveness of your at-home workers.
SharePoint uses web entities to facilitate collaboration and knowledge sharing by offering policy-driven delivery of content, workflow, and utilities for searching through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to build secure portals that allows remote workforce to view and edit aggregated corporate intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts. For details about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, refer to SharePoint configuration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, visit integration consulting for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoft’s collaborative cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home users can store files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues anywhere can access them securely through a web browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables at-home employees to co-edit documents. Edits made offline are automatically uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. For information about Progent's expertise for OneDrive, visit Microsoft Onedrive integration consulting.
Cloud Integration Services for Remote Workers
Progent offers affordable remote assistance for helping businesses to create, maintain and optimize integrated network models that include internal data centers, teleworkers, branches, and public cloud services. Progent can provide expertise for all modes of public cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help at-home workers resolve problems with cloud access, identity, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a leading platform for cloud software and services that enables you to use infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical applications running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure features more than 100 cloud-based services including hosting for Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can help you to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and plan backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you establish secure connections to Azure for remote workers by configuring and debugging firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Azure, go to Microsoft Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of client productivity applications and cloud services available on a subscription basis. Microsoft applications and services are marketed in a selection of plans intended for users ranging from students and small offices to large corporations. Progent offers quick and easy remote access to consultants knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible endpoints running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can assist you to assess the various subscription bundles available for Office 365 and deploy 365 applications for your telecommuters in a way that delivers top business value. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, see Office 365 integration services.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product line. Office 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of reduced costs for physical infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and additional advantages inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to run transparently with on-premises Exchange environments, enabling you to build hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's certified Exchange experts can provide as-needed assistance to guide you through tough technical roadblocks and can also provide end-to-end project management services to ensure your remote workers have convenient and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. For information Progent's support services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, go to Office 365 Exchange Online integration and support consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud arena and is the world's biggest provider of cloud-based services. Progent offers quick and affordable online access to cloud connectivity experts who can help your business to plan, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises data centers and with other popular cloud platforms such as Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help you to create a high-availability network model so your users have a productive computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, from home, or on the road. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud is a leading suite of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your organization to scale your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA consultants can show you how to make your key apps cloud friendly so your teleworkers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can assist your organization to set up VMs on GCP Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage solution with Google Cloud Storage, and streamline identity management for at-home workers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent can also help your business to utilize GCP's unified management tools to administer and track your Google Cloud ecosystem. To learn, see Google Cloud Platform consulting expertise.
Help Desk Call Center Support for At-Home Workers
A sudden, enterprise-wide transition to a teleworker business model, which could be motivated by a pandemic or as a component of a disaster recovery plan, can overwhelm even the most efficient in-house Call Center. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for businesses of any size to outsource or augment their Support Desk by using Progent's online Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Call Center support services leverage Progent's extensive network of remote IT support specialists along with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking software to provide an economical, state-of-the-art Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that handles all facets of online Level 1 PC support from initial help requests through trouble ticket generation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables at-home employees to check or update their current trouble tickets, add details, and append screen captures and relevant files. Desktop support services are provided at a substantial price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop support charges, and Progent makes available optional fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to resolve advanced issues. To find out more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Service allows you to supplement your existing Help Desk Call Center organization by sharing delivery of Call Center support services seamlessly between your regular IT support organization and Progent's nationwide team of PC support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Help Desk Call Center service uses a collective support model utilizing the number one professional services automation tool for managing help requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, tracking progress, and generating reports. To find out how Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Services can help your company to deliver best-in-class IT support to your teleworkers, visit Progent's Support Desk supplementation Services.
Security for At-Home Workers
At-home workers often run their personal computers and work in a physically unsecured area. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber threats and demands careful deployment of security appliances, remote monitoring, and the creation of policies in compliance with best practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified cybersecurity professionals can help you to design, implement and manage a compliant security solution that protects vital information in IT networks that include an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls allow you to build a network that can be safely accessed by local users as well as by an at-home workforce, mobile workers, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall devices permit you to assign and control different permissions to different groups of users and to expand your network and modify your security as your company evolves and as cyber threats grow more complex. Progent works with both current and legacy security appliances from all major vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall integration expertise, see firewall configuration and support services.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the disparate computers utilized by teleworkers and either reject or spot and respond to the latest cyber attacks such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint agent is put on each protected endpoint, monitoring all activity and using state-of-the-art behavioral threat analysis to identify zero-day attacks before they can spread. When an attack is spotted, ProSight ASM instantly isolates the impacted endpoint device from the corporate network to quarantine the threat. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is self-contained, endpoint devices stay secure even when they are disconnected from the Internet. For details about ProSight ASM, go to remote endpoint monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your information system to all classes of outside and internal security attacks for an environment that includes teleworkers. Progent can run online, automated cybersecurity analysis scanning for quickly and affordably detecting a wide variety of security holes that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment experts, which can be provided by data security professionals with top certifications such as CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your company to evaluate your operations and governance policies and assess your IT infrastructure to allow you to implement top-level protection for your at-home workers.
Data Protection for Remote Workers
The field of Data Protection covers backing up and restoring vital data in order to prevent data loss and reduce restoration time in case of storage failures due to hardware breakdowns, programming hiccups, operator mistakes, malware, or other causes. Reliable data protection solutions can be especially challenging to design and maintain in hybrid environments that combine private data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore strategies for telecommuters must address diverse kinds of personally owned endpoints. Progent can provide quick online access to experts knowledgeable about a broad array of products for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/restore solutions maintained by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect resources distributed across a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud-based storage and includes fine-grained recovery and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans often envision circumstances that require a temporary changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity consultants can assist you to create, document and validate a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the name Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a centralized solution for protecting critical data by managing onsite, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting remote devices and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be personally owned or business owned. Network administrators managing the enrolled endpoint devices of telecommuters can use Intune to provision and validate applications on managed devices, push updates and certificates, configure rules for permission to access data and resources, set passwords, create VPN connections, control how home-based workers share data, establish threat defense, verify security compliance, and delete corporate data from missing, stolen or deactivated devices. Microsoft Intune works with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS computers. To find out about Intune and how Progent can help you to use this platform to administer the devices of your telecommuters, go to Intune mobile device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management product that allows network managers to keep offsite endpoint devices up to date and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for authorization control, app management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises deployment through a perpetual license. Top features of VMware Workspace ONE include fast remote deployment of out-of-the-box laptops, quick onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of devices, unifies management reporting and analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based services. To learn about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE remote device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To contact Progent about building and maintaining a productive telecommuter environment for your Honolulu, Hawaii organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.