Expanding your telecommuter workforce can have a major impact on IT architecture, security/compliance, and corporate workflows. Progent has two decades of experience assisting businesses of all sizes to plan, deploy, manage, optimize, and debug IT networks that support work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Honolulu company to select the appropriate tools and adhere to best practices in building and operating a secure virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and returns maximum value. Progent can provide services ranging from as-needed expertise for helping you past occasional IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Honolulu, Hawaii companies to with any facet of creating a high-performing work-at-home ecosystem by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, Call Desk outsourcing, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Configuring the network infrastructure needed to support an at-home workforce can be especially challenging if you have to accommodate a mix of personal equipment such as desktop computers and laptops, routers, and wireless APs from different manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background delivering online help for both legacy and modern IT products in virtual office solutions enables you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for making necessary upgrades. Services available from Progent to help you to implement a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- VPN technology allows you to create a safe tunnel for authorized remote workers to use IT assets located at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent can help you to deploy and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can help your remote workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN connections for a broad selection of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow a telecommuter to view and use a remote PC's desktop. This gives IT managers significant control over the digital ecosystem of telecommuters and offers remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent offers expert online consulting for deploying home routers from a range of vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting an entire household and visitors, are commonly used by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can create throughput as well as security issues. Progent can help you to resolve these problems by delivering services that include Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point integration assistance.
- Internet access solutions impact the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate network. Vital applications might demand redundant Internet access in case the primary connection fails. Progent offers guidance for identifying ISPs, choosing sensible service bundles, and configuring high-availability Internet connections. See Internet connectivity integration services.
IP Voice Integration for At-Home Workers
Expanding the corporate phone environment to include teleworkers is critical to maintaining a productive work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-based digital PBX products are popular with SMBs to support remote users. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's current or legacy products for IP voice solutions. Progent can assist organizations of all sizes to design or tune a remote VoIP service that delivers the versatility, transparency and security required for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts offer high-level support to help businesses optimize their current Cisco IP voice systems to support an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends high-end IP telephony features to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media applications used across the network. Unified Communications Manager manages other mixed media services like unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager expertise, see Cisco Unified CM consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been superseded by CUCM. Progent's consultants can help you to maintain your existing CallManager environment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP products, visit Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with public telephony networks and with clients working outside the corporate firewall
like at-home workers. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your WAN infrastructure to work with these solutions and provide as-needed deployment and debugging services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A wide range of video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies support virtual meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both onsite users and teleworkers. Many organizations use multiple products to meet the needs of their various partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can help your organization to maintain your current voice/video conferencing ecosystem and optimize the experience of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications product that supports presence, instant messaging, voice and video conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist your company to configure and manage Skype for Business clients to accommodate your remote employees. For details about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for compatible iOS and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 simultaneous users for voice/video sessions. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus revision and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's support services for Cisco Webex as well as for additional video conferencing solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conferencing, contacts, and information with features such as voice/video conferencing, threaded chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Teams as well as for other Microsoft 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and debugging expertise for these conferencing platforms and
assist you to tune your network architecture to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 suites, providing a rich environment of applications that create a cohesive user experience for sharing information across a corporate network and on a wide selection of endpoints. Progent has provided online consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original publication and can assist businesses to tune these flagship collaboration products to optimize the productivity of your remote workers.
SharePoint uses web entities to promote collaboration and information sharing by offering policy-driven access to content, business processes, and utilities for searching through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to create protected portals that enables at-home workers to see and update consolidated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts. For details about Progent's SharePoint expertise, go to SharePoint integration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange consulting services, see integration expertise for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can save files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues can access them safely via a browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive allows home workers to jointly author documents. Revisions made offline are uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft OneDrive, refer to Onedrive configuration experts.
Cloud Integration for Telecommuters
Progent can provide fast and affordable remote support for enabling businesses to create, manage and optimize integrated network models that incorporate physical data centers, remote workers, branch offices, and cloud services. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all types of cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help teleworkers resolve problems with public cloud connectivity, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a leading family of cloud services that allows you to use infrastructure, servers, and key apps hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure features over 100 cloud-based services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help you to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to establish protected access to Azure services for at-home workers by configuring and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Azure, go to Microsoft Azure consulting.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of client productivity software and cloud services offered by subscription. Microsoft applications and cloud services are marketed in a variety of bundles designed for customers ranging from students and households to major enterprises. Progent offers fast and affordable remote access to experts knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible endpoint devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can help you to evaluate the various subscription plans offered with Office 365 and configure 365 apps for your telecommuters to achieve maximum business value. To learn about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, go to Office 365 integration support.
Exchange Online is one of the most popular applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of reduced spending for physical infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and additional benefits inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to run smoothly with on-premises Exchange environments, enabling you to create hybrid networks. Progent's certified Exchange experts are available for occasional help to get you past tough IT bottlenecks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to ensure your teleworkers have convenient and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. For information Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, visit Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud market and is the world's biggest provider of cloud services. Progent offers rapid and affordable online access to cloud connectivity experts who can help your business to design, implement, manage, and debug hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises resources and with other popular cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help you to build a high-uptime network architecture to make sure your users have a productive computing experience whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, from home, or on the road. For details about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a leading set of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist you to extend your current IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA experts can help you make your key apps cloud friendly so your at-home workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist your business to set up VMs on GCP Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage solution with Google Cloud Storage services, and simplify identity control for teleworkers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent can also assist your business to utilize GCP's unified management tools to administer and track your GCP environment. To learn, see Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting services.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Telecommuters
A rapid, enterprise-wide changeover to a telecommuter business model, which could be motivated by an epidemic or as a component of a business continuity process, can overwhelm even a well-staffed in-house Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow organizations of any size to outsource or supplement their Call Desk by using Progent's online Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk support services leverage Progent's nationwide team of remote IT support specialists combined with world-class ticketing and follow-up software to offer an affordable, modern Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that addresses all facets of online Level 1 desktop technical support from help requests to trouble ticket creation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables at-home employees to track or revise the status of their active tickets, enter details, and upload screenshots or relevant files. Support services are provided at a substantial discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop service charges, and Progent makes available optional fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to deal with complex problems. To learn more, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small companies.
- Progent's Call Center Augmentation Service enables your business to augment your current Help Desk staff by sharing responsibilities for Help Desk Call Center support services transparently between your in-house IT support organization and Progent's nationwide roster of PC support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Support Desk service is based on a collective support model utilizing the leading professional services automation platform for handling service requests and trouble tickets, assigning ownership, tracking progress, and generating management reports. For information about how Progent's Support Desk Supplementation Services can enable your business to deliver best-in-class technical support to your teleworkers, see Progent's Call Desk augmentation Services.
Security for Teleworkers
Teleworkers commonly use their personal computing devices and work in an unsecured area. This worsens their exposure to cyber attacks and requires judicious use of security appliances, remote monitoring, and the creation of security policies based on best practices. Progent's veteran team of certified data security professionals can assist your organization to plan, deploy and manage a modern cybersecurity environment that guards critical information in IT networks that include an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls allow you to create a network that can be safely utilized by on-premises users as well as by telecommuters, mobile employees, vendors, clients, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall devices permit you to configure and control different permissions to various groups of users and to expand your IT network and modify your security as your business evolves and as network attacks grow increasingly sophisticated. Progent supports both current and older firewall devices from all major manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall support expertise, go to firewall integration and support services.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the various devices utilized by teleworkers and either reject or identify and respond to modern threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight agent is put on every protected endpoint, monitoring all activity and using state-of-the-art AI technology to identify zero-day threats before they can spread. When an attack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately disconnects the impacted device from the network to contain the malware. Because the ProSight ASM software agent is self-contained, endpoints remain secure even when they are not connected to the Internet. For more information about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, go to remote endpoint monitoring for an at-home workforce.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your information system to all classes of outside and local security attacks for a network that includes at-home workers. Progent can deploy remote, automated cybersecurity inventory scanning for rapidly and affordably uncovering a broad range of security gaps that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's security assessment consulting services, which can be managed by security experts with top certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your business to audit your workflows and governance policies and review your IT infrastructure to allow you to implement the highest level of security for your remote workers.
Data Protection for Teleworkers
Data Protection involves backing up and recovering vital information in order to prevent data loss and reduce restoration time in case of storage system problems due to hardware breakdowns, programming hiccups, operator error, malware, or other causes. Reliable data protection strategies can be especially difficult to architect and manage in hybrid environments that combine local data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore solutions for teleworkers must address multiple kinds of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide fast online help from consultants knowledgeable about a broad array of products for protection Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as notebooks, tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/restore solutions maintained by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect data spread across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud-based storage and features granular restore and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans often anticipate scenarios that call for a rapid switch to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity specialists can assist your company to develop, document and test a DR/BC strategy that includes the logistics of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management products under the title Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Endpoint Manager features a centralized platform for protecting corporate data by managing on-premises, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing off-premises computers and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be personally owned or company owned. Network administrators managing the endpoint devices of teleworkers can utilize Intune to provision and authenticate applications on managed devices, push updates and certificates, set up rules for accessing data and networks, manage passwords, create VPN connections, control how teleworkers share data, set up threat defense, verify security compliance, and wipe corporate information from missing, stolen or decommissioned devices. Microsoft Intune can be used with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS devices. To find out about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can help you to use this platform to administer the endpoint devices of your at-home workforce, go to Intune telecommuter device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management product that allows network managers to keep offsite endpoints up to date and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for identity control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site product through a perpetual license. Top capabilities of Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air deployment of new notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies management reporting and analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based services. For details about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing an efficient work-from-home solution for your Honolulu, Hawaii business, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.