Expanding your telecommuter workforce can have a major impact on network infrastructure, security, and corporate workflows. Progent has two decades of experience helping small and mid-size businesses to design, deploy, manage, optimize, and debug IT networks that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Honolulu company to select the appropriate tools and adhere to leading practices in creating and operating a secure virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and returns top business value. Progent can provide services ranging from on demand expertise for getting you over occasional technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Honolulu, Hawaii businesses to with any facet of building a high-performing work-at-home environment by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, Help Desk augmentation, security monitoring, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Integrating the network infrastructure needed for an at-home workforce can be particularly challenging if you must accommodate a mix of personal equipment such as PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless APs from an assortment of vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background delivering remote help for both legacy and current IT products in virtual office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your available infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for making essential updates. Services available from Progent to assist your company to implement a productive telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network technology makes it possible to establish a secure connection for authenticated remote workers to access IT assets located at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to deploy and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can help your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a broad range of endpoint devices such as Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable a telecommuter to see and use a data center PC's desktop. This provides network managers more control over the digital environment of telecommuters and ensures remote users a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier remote consulting for deploying home routers from a variety of vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting an entire household and visitors, are commonly utilized by telecommuters to access their router for work. This can cause throughput and security problems. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these issues by delivering expertise that include Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless AP integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Mission-critical processes may require redundant Internet connections in case the normal connection fails. Progent offers guidance for picking service providers, choosing appropriate bandwidth and data volume bundles, and integrating high-availability Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
VoIP Solutions for Teleworkers
Expanding the business phone environment to include remote users is critical to maintaining a productive work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-based VoIP platforms are popular with small and mid-size businesses to support remote users. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's current or legacy products for VoIP management. Progent can help businesses of any size to design or tune a remote IP voice environment that provides the versatility, transparency and protection required for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants can provide high-level support to assist organizations optimize their current Cisco VoIP systems to handle a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) extends advanced IP telephony capabilities to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media applications used throughout the network. CUCM manages additional mixed media services like messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager expertise, see Cisco Unified CM consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent's consultants can help you to support your current CallManager deployment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. For details about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice platforms, see Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with public telephony networks and with clients working beyond the corporate perimeter
like at-home workers. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your wide area network infrastructure to support these solutions and deliver on-demand configuration and debugging expertise.
Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A wide range of video conferencing platforms from leading vendors enable online discussions, video conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both onsite users and teleworkers. Many companies utilize multiple conferencing products to accommodate their various partners and customers. Progent can help your organization to manage your current conferencing environment and optimize the engagement of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications product that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist your company to deploy and manage Skype for Business clients to accommodate your remote workforce. For details about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone app for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime allow up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video sessions. To learn more about Progent's support services for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session capture, plus revision and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Cisco Webex as well as for additional IP video products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conferencing, contacts, and content with features that include IP voice and video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Teams and for other Office 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and troubleshooting services for these products and
assist you to optimize your WAN architecture to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a powerful environment of productivity apps that deliver a consistent user experience for sharing data and ideas across a corporate network and on a wide selection of endpoint computers. Progent has provided remote consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial publication and can help your company to tune these critical collaboration products to maximize the effectiveness of your remote workers.
SharePoint uses web sites to facilitate collaboration and information delivery by offering policy-driven access to data, business processes, and utilities for searching through company-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to build protected portals that enables remote workers to view and edit consolidated business intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts. To find out about Progent's SharePoint support services, refer to SharePoint integration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange expertise, refer to integration expertise for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home users can store files to OneDrive, and colleagues anywhere can share them securely via a web browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows at-home employees to co-edit files. Edits created offline are automatically uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. To learn about Progent's expertise for OneDrive, go to Microsoft Onedrive configuration consulting.
Cloud Integration Services for Telecommuters
Progent offers affordable remote assistance for enabling businesses to build, manage and repair integrated hybrid network models that incorporate internal data centers, telecommuters, branches, and cloud services. Progent offers expertise for all modes of public cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help remote workers resolve issues with public cloud access, identity, and security.
Azure is a leading platform for cloud software and services that allows you to utilize IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical applications hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes over 100 cloud-based services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can help your organization to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure Active Directory, and plan backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you create protected access to Azure services for teleworkers by setting up and debugging firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Azure, see Azure consulting services.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of business productivity applications and cloud services offered on a subscription basis. Microsoft applications and services are provided in a variety of bundles designed for users ranging from students and households to large enterprises. Progent can provide fast and easy online access to experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible clients based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can assist your business to evaluate the various subscription plans available for Microsoft 365 and configure 365 applications for your teleworkers to achieve maximum business value. To learn about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, go to Microsoft Office 365 consulting support.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most widely used applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of lower spending for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and other advantages inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to run seamlessly with local deployments of Exchange, allowing customers to create hybrid information systems. Progent's Exchange consultants are available for as-needed help to get you through tough technical bottlenecks and can also provide comprehensive project management services to ensure your teleworkers have easy and secure access to your Office 365 Exchange Online deployment. To find out Progent's consulting services for Exchange Online, go to Office 365 Exchange Online integration and support consulting.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing market and is the industry's top source of cloud-based services. Progent can provide rapid and affordable online access to cloud integration consultants who can help your business to plan, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local resources and with other popular cloud platforms such as Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist you to create a high-uptime network model so your employees have a productive computing environment whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, from home, or on the road. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud is a popular suite of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help you to extend your current IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database consultants can help you make your mission-critical apps cloud ready so your remote workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist your business to deploy virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage services, and streamline access control for teleworkers with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent can also help your organization to utilize GCP's management tools to administer and monitor your Google Cloud ecosystem. For information, see Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting expertise.
Help Desk Support for Teleworkers
An emergency, enterprise-wide changeover to a telecommuter business model, which might be motivated by a pandemic or as part of a disaster recovery plan, can overstretch even a high-performing internal Call Center. Progent's Call Center services make it possible for businesses to outsource or expand their Support Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk services leverage Progent's nationwide network of remote technical support experts combined with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking software to provide an affordable, state-of-the-art Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that handles all aspects of remote Level 1 PC support from initial service requests to trouble ticket creation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables from-home workers to track or update their active tickets, enter details, and upload screen captures and relevant files. Technical support services are provided at a significant price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 technical service rates, and Progent offers the option of rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to deal with advanced problems. To find out more, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Service enables your business to supplement your existing Call Center staff by sharing delivery of Call Desk support transparently between your regular IT support staff and Progent's extensive roster of PC support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Support Desk service uses a co-sourcing support model based on the leading professional services automation tool for managing service requests and ticketing, assigning ownership, tracking progress, and generating management reports. To learn how Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Services can enable your company to provide best-in-class technical support to your at-home employees, refer to Progent's Call Center supplementation Services.
Security for Remote Workers
Telecommuters commonly use their own computing devices and work in a physically unsecured space. This increases their exposure to cyber threats and calls for judicious deployment of security appliances, remote security monitoring, and the enforcement of policies that adhere to best practices. Progent's veteran team of certified data security experts can assist your organization to design, deploy and administer a compliant security environment that guards sensitive information in IT networks that include telecommuters.
- Firewalls allow you to create a network that can be safely utilized by local users and by teleworkers, mobile users, suppliers, customers, and the public. Modern firewall devices permit you to configure and control different permissions to various classes of users and to scale your IT network and modify your security profile as your company evolves and as cyber threats grow more complex. Progent supports both current and older security appliances from all leading vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall configuration services, see firewall configuration and support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the various devices utilized by telecommuters and either block or spot and mitigate the latest cyber attacks like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight agent is installed on each secured endpoint device, watching all activity and using advanced AI technology to detect new attacks on arrival. When an attack is spotted, ProSight ASM instantly disconnects the impacted endpoint device from the corporate network to contain the malware. Since the ProSight ASM agent is self-contained, endpoint devices stay secure even if they are offline. To find out more about ProSight ASM, visit remote endpoint security monitoring for an at-home workforce.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your network to all types of outside and local security threats for a network that incorporates teleworkers. Progent can run online, automated security inventory software for quickly and economically uncovering a wide variety of security holes that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment experts, which can be provided by data security professionals with top credentials such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can help you to audit your procedures and policies and assess your WAN architecture to enable you to implement the highest level of security for your teleworkers.
Data Protection for At-Home Workers
Data Protection covers saving and restoring vital information in order to avoid data loss and reduce restoration time and effort in case of storage system failures resulting from hardware breakdowns, programming hiccups, human error, malware, or other causes. Reliable data protection strategies can be particularly difficult to architect and manage in hybrid networks that incorporate private data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore solutions for remote workers must cover diverse types of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide fast online access to consultants familiar with a broad range of products for backing up Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iPads and handhelds. Leading backup/recovery solutions maintained by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up resources spread throughout a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud storage and features granular restore and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans often anticipate circumstances that require a temporary changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity planning specialists can help you to produce, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that addresses the process of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the name Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a centralized solution for safeguarding critical information by managing local, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing mobile computers and software. Remote endpoint computers can be user owned or business owned. Network administrators managing the endpoint computers of teleworkers can utilize Intune to provision and validate apps on managed devices, push updates and certificates, set up rules for permission to access data and resources, set passwords, establish VPN tunnels, determine how telecommuters share data, set up threat defense, ensure compliance, and erase sensitive information from lost, stolen or decommissioned devices. Microsoft Intune works with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. For information about Intune and how Progent can assist your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the devices of your teleworkers, visit Intune telecommuter endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform that helps network administrators to keep offsite endpoints current and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for identity control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site product through a one-time purchase. Top capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include fast remote deployment of new notebooks, quick onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, aggregated management reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud products. For details about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE remote device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and managing a productive telecommuter solution for your Honolulu, Hawaii organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.