How Businesses Benefit from Progent's Private Cloud Hosting Services
There are a variety of advantages small business can gain by utilizing Progent's ProSight Virtual Hosting services. The most obvious of these is that it saves money. Gartner Group has estimated that hosting services can save up to 35% of the cost of building and maintaining an in-house data center. Advantages such as reducing management distraction and increasing system availability and security are also important, even though they are more difficult to quantify. Some of the specific advantages of utilizing Progent's ProSight Virtual Hosting services include:
Popular Use Cases for Progent's Private Cloud Services
- Reduced Capital Expenditures
By utilizing Progent's ProSight Virtual Hosting services, small businesses on a tight budget can eliminate the substantial costs of designing and building a data center with adequate physical security, cooling, power backup, fire protection, and redundant Internet connectivity. Progent's ProSight Virtual Hosting services also save the cost of software licenses as well as fault-tolerant computer equipment such as clustered servers and non-stop disk arrays. Expanding network capacity as your business grows is also inexpensive and easy.
- Savings on Operational Costs
Progent's ProSight Virtual Hosting services reduce operational costs by leveraging the expertise of Progent's IT maintenance professionals and Help Desk team. Small companies receive the benefits of having a large network support staff without having to pay for one. Small businesses also save the expense of the data center's 24x7 staffed security and round-the-clock operations center.
- Improved Management Focus
By utilizing Progent's ProSight Virtual Hosting Services, a small company's management team avoids the distraction and stress of keeping the mission-critical servers and applications continually available, secure, up to date, regularly backed up, and efficiently administered. Real or imagined client problems can be handled by Progent's Help Desk, and administrative tasks such as adds, deletes, and security authorization changes can be taken care of by Progent's network professionals. All of this frees managers to focus on core business issues where they can add the most value to the enterprise.
- Enterprise-class Security
The site security offered by Progent's world-class data center is far beyond the level that most small businesses could reasonably expect to achieve with an in-house facility. In addition to a full-time staff of security officers, Progent's data center offers state-of-the-art intrusion detection and prevention systems as well as secure structures to prevent unauthorized entry. Progent also provides software security that includes an advanced firewall, 24x7 network monitoring, spam and virus filtering, prompt and thorough security patch management, and a seasoned on-call team of recovery experts.
- Greater Fault Tolerance and Availability
Progent's data center for ProSight Virtual Hosting offers uninterruptible electrical power, redundant air conditioning, and failover Internet access to achieve a high-level of fault tolerance. The site is also located in a seismically stable area for protection from earth quakes. Progent's virtual server infrastructure for server hosting provides additional fault-tolerance through technologies such as server clustering and redundant disk arrays.
- Regulatory Compliance
If your company needs or desires to comply with regulatory standards such as Sarbanes-Oxley, HIPAA, and SAS 70, using Progent's ProSight Virtual Hosting Services puts you well on the way to meeting even the strictest physical, logical, and operational security requirements.
- Business Continuity
The fault-tolerant and secure infrastructure of Progent's data center reduces the likelihood that an event will bring down your entire network. In case of a catastrophic failure, Progent's disciplined data back up procedures and virtual architecture allow fast data restoration to ensure that you can quickly continue business operations.
Progent private cloud is a great option for clients who want a more customized environment and intimate relationship than is possible with public clouds such as Azure, AWS, and Rackspace. Popular use cases for Progent's private cloud include:
- Windows or Linux virtual hosted servers on Progent infrastructure with complete backup and disaster recovery standard
- Complete VDI/hosted application solutions for customers that want to move "everything" to the cloud
- Low-cost/low-commitment colocation of customer-owned physical servers and infrastructure ranging from a single 1U server on up
- Disaster recovery failover replication of on-premises servers
- Off-site backup and replication. We are especially competitive for large 10TB+ requirements.
- Customer-hosted VoIP servers for national/regional multi-location companies
- Centralized VPN communications hubs for national or regional companies
- Temporary virtual or physical servers needed for short-term projects, testing, solution piloting, evaluations, etc.
- Progent provided and maintained physical servers for dedicated customer use. Either customer managed/controlled, co-managed, or Progent managed.
- Emergency servers needed to get back online quickly after unforeseen events such as ransomware incidents, failed hardware, natural disasters, etc.
- Transition servers for mergers, acquisitions, change of ownership, etc.
How to Get Started with Progent's Private Cloud Hosting Service
To find out more details about Progent's Private Cloud Hosting service and to learn how Progent can help your company to simplify your IT management, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.