Expanding your remote workforce can have a major effect on IT architecture, security/compliance, and company processes. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting businesses of all sizes to design, deploy, administer, optimize, and debug IT networks that support a remote workforce. Progent can help your Houston organization to pick the right technologies and follow best practices in building and operating a secure virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and returns top business value. Progent offers services that go from on demand expertise for getting you past challenging IT roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can help Houston, Texas organizations to with any facet of creating a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem by providing infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, Call Desk services, security and compliance, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Setting up the network infrastructure required for an at-home workforce can be especially challenging if you have to accommodate a combination of worker-owned equipment like desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless APs from various manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering remote support for both legacy as well as modern IT products in remote office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for making essential updates. Support services offered by Progent to help you to implement a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- VPN connectivity makes it possible to establish a secure connection for authenticated at-home workers to access IT resources located at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to configure and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can help your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for safe VPN connections for a wide selection of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow an at-home worker to view and use a data center PC's desktop. This provides IT managers significant control over the digital environment of telecommuters and ensures remote users a familiar experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier online support for integrating home routers from a variety of vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting the whole family and guests, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to access their router for work. This can cause performance as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist you to mitigate these issues by delivering expertise like Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point setup help.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the performance and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Vital applications might demand redundant Internet connections in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for selecting Internet service providers, picking sensible bandwidth and data volume packages, and integrating fault-tolerant Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing a productive telecommuter solution for your Houston, Texas company, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.