Progent's affordable Wireless Site Surveys use RF modeling plus software simulation to collect the data required to design an efficient wireless LAN (WLAN). Progent's Onsite Wireless Site Survey is available nationwide and features on-premises inspection, RF and security audits of your existing WLAN, analysis of your floor plan, RF interference testing and propagation modeling, plus identification of the optimum locations for the Wireless Access Points of your choice.
Progent's Wireless Site Survey helps you implement a wireless local area network (WLAN) optimized for your facilities. This offers you an affordable way to provide the coverage, performance, capacity, Quality of Service (QoS), security, and roaming capability your business needs. Progent's Wireless Site Survey services are available as a remote service that saves time and money, or as a more comprehensive onsite service.
Progent's Remote Wireless Site Survey uses advanced RF modeling as well as simulation software to collect the information needed to design an efficient WLAN. Progent's Onsite Wireless Site Survey, available nationwide, features on-premises inspection, RF and security audits of your current WLAN, floor plan analysis, testing for RF interference, RF propagation modeling, identification of the optimum locations for your specified Wireless Access Points (WAPs) including Cisco Aironet and Apple AirPort, and a detailed report for a new WLAN.
The onsite survey includes Interviews with your IT team and end users to refine parameters for the WLAN. All 802.11a/b/g/n WLAN design is performed by veteran BICSI RCDD Certified Survey Engineers.
Progent offers expert consulting for creating a state-of-the-art BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) environment. iPhones, iPads, Androids, BlackBerries, Windows Phones, and other smartphones and tablets require robust RF signals and pose serious capacity challenges. Progent's Wireless Site Survey can provide the insight you need to address these issues and design an affordable, effective BYOD solution.
Deliverables for Progent's On-Premises Wireless Site Survey can include:
Network Infrastructure Expertise
- RF Spectrum Analysis for WiFi, DECT, ZigBee, and other advanced wireless networks. This includes the detection of RF issues with your facility's physical structure as well as other sources of interference so you can anticipate and resolve problems during the WLAN design phase.
- RF Coverage Maps in the form of color RF contour images for the areas requiring coverage to help you select the optimal number and location of WAPs and identify RF leakage areas and coverage gaps
- Capacity Plan for delivering the bandwidth needed to support all applications and users
- Cable Paths depicted as red line diagrams you can supply to cabling contractors
- Device Installation guidance on where and how to install wireless devices plus identification of special equipment that may be needed (NEMA enclosures, antennas, etc)
- Infrastructure Requirements to specify all facility and networking resources required for the installation such as available switch ports, Power over Ethernet (POE), electrical power, and rack space
Progent maintains one of the largest teams of certified Cisco CCIE network engineers of any independent IT support firm in the U.S. and can help you integrate your WLAN seamlessly into your corporate network. Progent can help you to configure and manage Cisco routers, switches, and security appliances plus Cisco Mobility products like WAPs and wireless LAN controllers. Progent also offers integration help with products from Apple, Juniper, WatchGuard, and other leading vendors of wired and wireless connectivity solutions, and Progent offers consulting from certified security engineers.
For additional information about Progent's wireless site surveys, see Progent's Wireless Site Surveys.
Contact Progent about Online and On-premises Wireless Site Surveys
To find out more about Progent's wireless site surveys, call Progent at 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.
Click here to go to the table of contents of the IT Connection newsletter.