White Paper: How Businesses Can Benefit by Outsourcing and Co-sourcing IT Services from Progent
Part-time CIO Services and Project Management
Section 7 of 9
Progent can provide the services of a veteran IT professional with decades of experience in technology management, development, operations management, and business consulting for organizations ranging from Big 4 firms to dot-com startups to state government agencies. These senior consultants can provide key services for small business or enterprise clients.
Progent's Part-time CIO Services for Small Businesses
Most small businesses cannot afford to maintain an experienced full-time CIO with the big-picture perspective needed to align IT spending with strategic goals. To help clients leverage their IT investment, Progent offers part-time CIO services for assistance with:
Progent's Project Management Consulting for Enterprises
- Strategic Planning: Create and implement a comprehensive growth strategy that leverages technology to help a company become a high-performance business.
- Rationalizing and Managing IT Budgets: Create models for Total Cost of Ownership, Return on Investment, and Risk Management and define a realistic IT budget.
- Business Process Improvement and Reengineering: Analyze current workflows and use information technology to maximize performance and achieve business goals faster.
- Contract and Vendor Negotiations: Qualify vendors, products, and services; negotiate contracts; and monitor SLAs and special upgrade opportunities.
- IT Security: Define a security and compliance strategy that addresses policies and procedures, IT infrastructure security, network monitoring, and emergency response plans.
- Data Center Management: Set up and manage a data center or colocation site, automate administration, and establish software update and backup/restore processes.
- Network Management: Design and manage an affordable network infrastructure that offers performance, speed, availability, security.
- Desktop Management: Develop plans for change management, Help Desk services, asset tracking, software revision control, configuration standards, and mobile support.
Progentís senior IT managers who can provide part-time CIO services to small businesses are also available to enterprise clients to provide project management expertise. Progent's project management consultants can help clients follow leading practices to make sure development or deployment projects are completed on time and within budget. Services include:
End of Section 7
If you are interested in using Progent's outsourcing, consulting or support services, call 800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.
- Requirements Definition: Define how a project will deliver value, establish its structure, develop pilot plans and testing strategies, and address deployment implications, operations management, and acceptance criteria.
- Design and Architecture Proposals: Create functional specifications, master project plan, and risk management plan. Analyze documentation and training requirements and finalize work plans, cost estimates, and schedules.
- Pilots: Set up pilot systems to reduce engineering risk and business disruption by thoroughly testing new infrastructure prior to deployment. Set up proof-of-concept tests for enterprise deployments of key technologies.
- Design Tuning: Optimize IT infrastructure based on pilot testing and client feedback. Test functionality, performance, and stability under realistic workloads and environments.
- Implementation: Deploy core technology and site components, stabilize the deployment, transition the project to operations and support, and obtain final customer approval. Conduct project review and customer satisfaction survey.
To download a PDF file of the complete IT Outsourcing White Paper, click:
How Businesses Can Benefit by Outsourcing and Co-sourcing IT Services from Progent (PDF - 135 KB)