Expanding your at-home workforce may have a major impact on IT infrastructure, cybersecurity, and company workflows. Progent has 20 years of experience helping SMBs to plan, deploy, administer, optimize, and debug IT environments that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can help your Savannah company to select the appropriate tools and follow best practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and delivers top business value. Progent offers services ranging from as-needed guidance for helping you over challenging technical roadblocks to full project management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent can help Savannah, Georgia companies to succeed with any facet of building a high-performing telecommuting environment by delivering infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, helpdesk augmentation, cybersecurity, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Configuring the network infrastructure needed to support a remote workforce can be especially complicated if you must accommodate a mix of worker-owned equipment such as desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from various manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering online support for both legacy as well as modern technologies in virtual office solutions enables you to make cost-effective use of your available infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary upgrades. Support services available from Progent to assist you to create a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology makes it possible to establish a safe connection for authenticated at-home employees to access IT resources located at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to configure and manage VPN access between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN integration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can help your telecommuters to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for safe VPN tunneling for a wide range of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable an at-home worker to view and use a remote computer's desktop. This gives IT managers more control over the computing environment of telecommuters and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent offers expert remote support for configuring home routers from all major vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically shared by an entire household and guests, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can cause throughput and cybersecurity problems. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these problems by providing services like Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point integration help.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate network. Vital applications may demand backup Internet access in the event the normal connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for selecting service providers, picking sensible bandwidth and data volume bundles, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet access. See Internet access solutions.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining a productive telecommuter solution for your Savannah, Georgia organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.