Enlarging your telecommuter workforce can have a major impact on network infrastructure, security/compliance, and company culture. Progent has two decades of experience assisting SMBs to design, deploy, administer, optimize, and debug IT environments that support work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Seattle organization to select the appropriate tools and follow best practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and returns top business value. Progent offers support services ranging from on demand guidance for helping you past occasional technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist Seattle, Washington organizations to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-functioning telecommuting environment by providing network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, Help Desk augmentation, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Configuring the network infrastructure needed for an at-home work environment can be especially complicated if you have to manage a combination of worker-owned equipment like PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from various manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering remote help for both legacy and current technologies in remote office venues allows you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for implement essential updates. Services offered by Progent to help you to create a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity makes it possible to create a secure tunnel for authenticated at-home workers to use IT assets situated at your company datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can help your remote workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for safe VPN connections for a wide selection of devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow an at-home worker to see and use a remote computer's desktop. This technology gives IT managers substantial control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and ensures them a familiar work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier online consulting for configuring home routers from a variety of vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting the whole family and guests, are commonly used by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can create performance as well as security issues. Progent can help you to mitigate these problems by delivering services that include Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless AP integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company data center. Business-critical applications might require redundant Internet connections in case the primary connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for selecting service providers, choosing appropriate bandwidth and data volume offerings, and setting up redundant Internet access. See Internet access integration services.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient telecommuter solution for your Seattle, Washington company, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.