Expanding your at-home workforce can have a major impact on IT architecture, security/compliance, and company workflows. Progent has 20 years of background helping small and mid-size businesses to plan, configure, administer, optimize, and debug IT networks that support a remote workforce. Progent can help your Seattle company to select the right technologies and follow leading practices in creating and operating a safe virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and returns top business value. Progent can provide support services that go from as-needed expertise for helping you over challenging technical roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent can help Seattle, Washington organizations to with any facet of building a high-performing telecommuting environment by providing network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, helpdesk services, security monitoring, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure needed for an at-home workforce can be especially complex if you must accommodate a mix of personal equipment like desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless APs from various vendors and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background providing remote support for both legacy and modern technologies in remote office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for making essential updates. Services available from Progent to help you to implement a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network technology makes it possible to create a safe connection for authenticated at-home workers to use IT resources situated at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent can assist you to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can assist your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for secure VPN connections for a broad selection of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow a telecommuter to view and use a remote computer's desktop. This provides network managers significant control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and offers them a familiar work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier remote support for deploying home routers from all major manufacturers. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically shared by families and guests, are commonly used by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can create performance and security problems. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these problems by delivering services that include Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless AP integration help.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company data center. Vital processes may demand backup Internet access in case the primary connection fails. Progent offers expertise for identifying service providers, selecting sensible service offerings, and configuring high-availability Internet connections. Refer to Internet access integration services.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To contact Progent about building and managing a productive work-from-home environment for your Seattle, Washington company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.