Expanding your at-home workforce may have a significant impact on network architecture, security/compliance, and company processes. Progent has two decades of background assisting SMBs to design, deploy, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that support a remote workforce. Progent can help your Des Moines organization to pick the appropriate technologies and adhere to best practices in building and operating a secure virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and returns top business value. Progent offers support services that go from on demand guidance for helping you over challenging IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent can help Des Moines, Iowa organizations to with any facet of creating a high-performing work-from-home environment by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, helpdesk services, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Setting up the network infrastructure required for a remote work environment can be especially complicated if you have to accommodate a combination of worker-owned equipment like desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from different vendors and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing online help for both legacy and modern technologies in remote office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for implement essential updates. Support services offered by Progent to help you to create a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity allows you to create a safe tunnel for authorized remote employees to use IT resources located at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to deploy and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your key network resources by providing remote VPN integration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can help your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for safe VPN tunneling for a broad range of devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow an at-home worker to view and interact with a data center computer's desktop. This provides network managers significant control over the digital ecosystem of telecommuters and offers remote users a familiar experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home wireless connectivity, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier remote consulting for deploying routers from all major manufacturers. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by the whole family and guests, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create performance as well as security problems. Progent can assist you to mitigate these issues by providing services that include Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless AP integration help.
- Internet access methods impact the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Mission-critical processes might demand redundant Internet access in case the normal connection fails. Progent offers guidance for selecting service providers, selecting appropriate bandwidth and data volume packages, and setting up redundant Internet access. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To contact Progent about building and maintaining an efficient telecommuter environment for your Des Moines, Iowa business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.