Expanding your telecommuter workforce may have a significant effect on network architecture, security/compliance, and company culture. Progent has two decades of experience assisting small and mid-size businesses to design, deploy, manage, tune, and debug IT networks that support work-from-home employees. Progent can help your El Paso company to select the appropriate technologies and follow leading practices in creating and operating a secure virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and delivers top value. Progent offers support services ranging from as-needed guidance for helping you past challenging IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist El Paso, Texas organizations to with any facet of creating a high-functioning work-at-home environment by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, helpdesk augmentation, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Setting up the network infrastructure required to support a remote work environment can be especially complicated if you have to accommodate a combination of worker-owned equipment like desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from various manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background providing online help for both outdated and current IT products in virtual office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for making essential updates. Support services offered by Progent to help you to create a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network technology makes it possible to establish a secure connection for authenticated at-home workers to use IT resources situated at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to configure and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can help your remote workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide secure VPN connections for a broad selection of devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow a telecommuter to view and use a data center PC's desktop. This gives IT managers significant control over the digital environment of at-home employees and ensures them a familiar experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier online support for deploying home routers from all major vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by an entire household and guests, are frequently used by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create throughput and security problems. Progent can help you to mitigate these problems by delivering services like Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point setup help.
- Internet access methods impact the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company data center. Mission-critical applications may demand redundant Internet connections in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for selecting ISPs, picking appropriate bandwidth and data volume bundles, and configuring fault-tolerant Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining a productive work-from-home solution for your El Paso, Texas organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.