Expanding your remote workforce can have a major impact on IT infrastructure, security/compliance, and company workflows. Progent has 20 years of background assisting SMBs to plan, configure, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can help your Ottawa organization to select the appropriate tools and follow leading practices in building and operating a secure virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and returns maximum business value. Progent can provide services ranging from on demand guidance for helping you over occasional IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Ottawa, Ontario companies to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-performing telecommuting ecosystem by providing network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, Call Desk outsourcing, security and compliance, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure required for a remote work environment can be particularly complex if you must accommodate a combination of personal equipment like PCs and notebooks, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from various manufacturers and with a mix of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering remote support for both legacy and current IT products in remote office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for making necessary updates. Support services offered by Progent to help you to implement a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity allows you to establish a secure connection for authorized at-home workers to access IT assets located at your corporate datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to configure and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your key IT resources by providing online VPN integration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can help your remote workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software for secure VPN tunneling for a wide range of devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow an at-home worker to see and use a data center computer's desktop. This technology provides IT managers more control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and ensures them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect home networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers expert remote consulting for deploying routers from a range of manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting an entire household and guests, are commonly utilized by telecommuters to access their router for work. This can create throughput as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can help businesses to resolve these issues by providing services that include Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate network. Business-critical processes might require redundant Internet access in case the primary connection fails. Progent offers guidance for picking ISPs, picking sensible service packages, and configuring redundant Internet access. See Internet connectivity integration services.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing a productive work-from-home solution for your Ottawa, Ontario company, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.