Expanding your telecommuter workforce can have a major impact on IT infrastructure, security/compliance, and corporate culture. Progent has 20 years of background assisting small and mid-size businesses to design, configure, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that support a remote workforce. Progent can help your Ottawa organization to pick the right technologies and adhere to best practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual solution for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and delivers top business value. Progent offers support services ranging from as-needed guidance for helping you over challenging IT bottlenecks to full project management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Ottawa, Ontario organizations to succeed with any aspect of building a high-functioning telecommuting environment by delivering infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, Help Desk augmentation, endpoint security, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Configuring the network infrastructure required to support a remote work environment can be especially challenging if you have to accommodate a combination of personal equipment like PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from different vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering remote help for both outdated and current IT products in virtual office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for implement essential upgrades. Services available from Progent to help your company to create a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity makes it possible to establish a secure connection for authorized at-home employees to use IT resources located at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to configure and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can assist your remote workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for secure VPN tunneling for a wide selection of devices such as Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow a teleworker to see and interact with a data center computer's desktop. This technology provides network managers more control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and offers remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent offers expert remote consulting for setting up routers from all major vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting families and visitors, are commonly used by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput and cybersecurity issues. Progent can help you to mitigate these problems by providing expertise that include Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP setup assistance.
- Internet access solutions affect the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Line-of-business processes may demand backup Internet connections in the event the normal connection fails. Progent offers expertise for selecting Internet service providers, picking appropriate bandwidth and data volume packages, and integrating redundant Internet connections. See Internet connectivity solutions.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining a productive telecommuter environment for your Ottawa, Ontario business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.