Expanding your remote workforce can have a major effect on network architecture, security/compliance, and company culture. Progent has two decades of background assisting SMBs to plan, configure, administer, optimize, and debug IT environments that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can help your Parsippany company to pick the appropriate technologies and follow best practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and returns maximum value. Progent can provide support services ranging from on demand expertise for helping you past occasional technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Parsippany, New Jersey businesses to with any facet of building a high-performing work-at-home ecosystem by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, Call Desk services, data security, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Integrating the network infrastructure needed for an at-home workforce can be especially complex if you must accommodate a combination of personal hardware like desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from an assortment of manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing online support for both outdated as well as current technologies in virtual office venues enables you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for making necessary updates. Services available from Progent to help you to implement a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- VPN technology allows you to create a safe connection for authorized at-home workers to access IT assets located at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent can help you to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can assist your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a wide selection of devices including Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable a teleworker to view and interact with a data center computer's desktop. This technology provides network managers more control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and ensures remote users a familiar work experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier online consulting for setting up home routers from all major manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by an entire household and visitors, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to connect to their router for work. This can cause performance and cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these issues by providing services like Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless AP integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company data center. Business-critical processes may require redundant Internet access in case the primary connection fails. Progent offers guidance for picking Internet service providers, choosing appropriate bandwidth and data volume packages, and configuring fault-tolerant Internet connections. See Internet connectivity solutions.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining a productive telecommuter solution for your Parsippany, New Jersey company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.