Among America's top computer consultant firms for business systems, Progent manages a full-time team of certified support professionals who concentrate on core technologies including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security analysis
- Advanced system architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and system administration
Our Experts Group, which contracts freelance experts certified and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally refined skills in a broad range of key software applications and network solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- BI expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Web-based application software design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and management help
- Office Access database application programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 training
Creative structures for attracting clients, providing service, creating an efficient working environment, and providing highly competitive compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to become among the fastest growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the U.S. and to establish an international presence for providing online IT assistance. If you are a certified computer technician or information technology consultant with a focus on a customer success and strong communication skills, you will find in Progent a chance for increasing your technical knowledge, developing a more independent career, and attaining economic security.
Find Out More Information About Working with Progent
Follow these links to find out additional information about our work opportunities, company philosophy, operational environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Careers at Progent
We are seeking a variety of on-staff professionals such as motivated Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network engineers; connectivity experts with Cisco CCIE credentials; and specialists in advanced system architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop systems, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and virtual servers. We are also looking for desktop support experts, off-site service professionals, and CISM or CISSP certified security professionals. Progent is also seeking experienced managers and administrators who can perform efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn more details concerning full-time consulting positions at Progent by visiting Full-time Work at Progent.
Contract Jobs at Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants who have proven expertise and working background in high-demand IT topics beyond Progent's main technical concentration. Our Experts Team hires independent consultants who can provide advice and development support for strategic solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have specialized expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide expert skills in areas such as telecommunications, web design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle DBM development and management. Independent consultants certified by Progent coordinate with our in-house professionals to deliver end-to-end solutions for small company networks. To learn more information concerning contract work with our Experts Team, see Contract Jobs at Progent.
How Progent Is Exceptional
Progent has managed to recruit the best consulting experts by being unique. With an innovative blend of entrepreneurial spirit, insistence on customer success, utilization of advanced technology, plus a flexible business model that offers quality-of-life choices for our team members, Progent offers a dynamic setting for select consultants who have a desire for rapidly improving their technical skills to deliver concrete benefits for a range of organizations and network environments. Find out more details concerning how we are exceptional by referring to Reasons That Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office environment uses sophisticated technical tools that allow off-site access, wireless communication, easy access to our support databases, and close collaboration with mobile team members to help you to solve business-critical network issues. Our virtual office model enables you to focus on delivering service rather than dealing with commutes and helps consultants nurture lasting customer relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. To learn additional details about our virtual office work environment, refer to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is directly based on what you generate. Consultants have the choice of focusing on life style and electing to consult at an easy pace, using our versatile schedule to follow individual pursuits, or you can choose to make significant income by persistent work and long hours. Progent also provides full family health care insurance as well as numerous other benefits. Find out more concerning our compensation model and benefits by referring to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Working with Progent Q&A
For replies to common questions about becoming a consultant at Progent, visit Working with Progent Questions and Answers.
Here is a list of our current job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a range of small and midsize businesses to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Job
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Engineer Job
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small organizations manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Senior Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and implementation projects. The right candidate should be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This role would require a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these platforms.
Details on Sr. Exchange Expert Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's extensive portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
More information on Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining crucial components of service propositions that associate Progent's deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually evolving IT technology
If you wish to enquire about any position shown above, please send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to state the job codes of the positions of interest.
Details Concerning Jobs with Us
Career Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to find full-time, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco certified system engineers who have Cisco CCIE certification; security professionals who have CISA or equivalent security credentials; and advanced system architecture experts with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, high uptime, workplace recovery, information protection, and VMware. Progent also is looking for employees who can join our team of help desk support specialists and remote troubleshooting professionals. Also, Progent is looking for talented administrators who can operate effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing attentive customer services, and offering a competitive results-based pricing structure, Progent has managed to expand our customer list rapidly while delivering professional support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared information database, and a group strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a satisfied customer list.
For an information technology consultant with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or helping our customers will expand your knowledge through cooperation with Progent's group of highly supportive, talented engineers. Our commitment to providing information technology consulting and computer help to small and midsize organizations will give you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with key players and contribute appreciably to the success of exciting companies.
Progent is looking for consultants that can show verifiable credentials related to their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your Microsoft MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco consultants, show us your CCIE or CCNP credential. For network security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other top security certifications. Of course, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, simply because a certificate can not ensure expertise is no reason for not having one. If you have mastered your field, then most of those tests should pose no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you are a professional, then clients deserve to see certifications. We will broadcast your talents, but you should provide basic certifications for Progent to market. If you are adamantly opposed to the concept of credentials, Progent can understand and honor your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Contract Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, our computer engineers have provided low-cost and effective computer support expertise for small businesses in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared support database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have helped us to retain a talented staff and dramatically grow a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Group is our way to offer customers the help of expert information technology support engineers who have in-depth skills and field background in important technologies beyond Progent's primary concentration in system support and security. Experts Group consultants are typically freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by us to collaborate with Progent's in-house consultants to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small and midsize businesses. Progent is continually enhancing our Experts Team in order to address the particular requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Team now provides consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Strategic and specialized program support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Special applications design and integration
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and client information portal design and integration
- DBM management and efficiency consulting
- Business information consulting
- Telecommunications systems support
Benefits of becoming a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you can benefit from the momentum of our explosive expansion and excellent recognition in the industry. By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, offering attentive customer support, and following a proven, value-focused pricing structure, Progent has multiplied our clientele during the last few years and Progent now provides consulting support to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing team handles all aspects of marketing your skills and areas of expertise into our quickly growing customer base, so you spend less effort signing up customers and extra time making revenue.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and our key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who act as the gateway to the decision makers among our clients.
- Progent's selling and operations staffs will take care of the entire sales and contracting cycle, from lead identification, job approval, client needs description, skills matching, job analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus stays with providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will provide you access to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering professional meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm access throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast knowledge base, processes based on leading practices, library of professional publications, and the shared experience from one of 's largest independent groups of expert consulting professionals.
- We will share special benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, on-line connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical support resources, and on-line internal use software for training and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to be part of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has the following requirements for membership:
- You need to have a strong background as a consultant operating independently in your field of specialization, including at least a two year record of completed contracting jobs and/or have your own active customer base to which you currently provide ongoing support services.
- You must show that you are an expert in your field of concentration, including showing an extensive work-related history and strong referrals, and possess current manufacturer and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You need to be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You must have excellent inter-personal skills and know how to operate efficiently by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You need to be able to communicate proper goals to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you have to know how scope out tasks, create project plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Network Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a more capable consultant by enhancing your information technology knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the top consulting experts for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, running specialized software tools to deliver the maximum level of service, and by streamlining our business models for finding and keeping clients.
The main factor that separates us from other network support firms is the quality of our consultants. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have joined us, we have assembled top talent covering a wide range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other crucial technologies, we deploy experts who can enable you to be effective on major projects by leveraging the collective experience of Progent's team of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's team, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful tools to do the job properly. Progent will exploit information technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows seamless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent consultants — entirely from home-based or mobile offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit income with daily drives to a physical office, and any driving you do for on-site customer work is based on your time table, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that much of Progent's consulting work can be performed off-site, representing maximum efficiency for income-producing hours. In practice, some of our staff do remote support only.
Our operations are geared towards responding rapidly and efficiently to client needs via information sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Although our engineers operate with a high level of freedom, dispatching is centralized, client issues and resolutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and archived for convenient retrieval, up-to-date consultant availability is published to streamline group projects and simplify problem escalation, and client satisfaction is continually monitored. We reinforce the sense of cooperation via periodic team conferences and regular company-wide events.
The majority of our team is situated across California, but we are building a quickly expanding group of consulting professionals throughout America. Progent's virtual office environment does away with geographic obstacles that restrict the efficiency of conventional company structures. We complete the package by providing a full benefit program to promote the health and economic security of our team members and their families.
Just as we have awesome consultants, our sales and administration groups match the high standards that defines Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progent’s growth are helping us to identify and land the 50-60 new customers we are now acquiring each month. We lately celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective sales organization.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a key for success with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a steady series of network challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Clients choose a consultant to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative projects, leading-edge deployments, vexing or entrenched issues, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for what we do daily. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for network engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every morning excited about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will meet some great people, both by establishing close client relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented organization through and through. If you do not offer excellent communications skills or like working with a varied group of people, then we are in all likelihood a poor fit.
If this sounds right for you, we invite you to talk to us about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully architected and executed information system can be a pivotal piece for accelerating any firm's growth, and Progent applies this philosophy in our corporate network environment. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows our staff consultants and certified contractors to offer rapid and efficient service, collaborate closely on complex projects, and experience professional and personal growth from acting as a member of an exciting business ethos of personal drive and freedom.