Among America's premier IT consulting firms for business networks, Progent maintains a full-time team of talented service professionals who concentrate on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Network security expertise
- Sophisticated connectivity architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and system administration
Our Experts Group, which contracts freelance consultants certified and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized knowledge in a broad variety of critical business applications and networking solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Business Intelligence expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web app design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and DBA help
- Office Access application development, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 training
Creative models for acquiring clients, delivering support, establishing an efficient company culture, and providing generous compensation and benefits have allowed us to become one of the fastest expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the U.S. and to build a worldwide presence for providing remote IT support. If you are a certified IT support professional or network consultant with a drive for a customer service and excellent communication skills, consultants should consider Progent an opportunity for increasing your technical skills, developing a more rewarding career, and attaining economic security.
Learn More Details Concerning Working with Progent
Check out these links to find out more details concerning our job openings, business culture, operational conditions, compensation structure, and benefits:
Full-time Work at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of full-time employees such as motivated Microsoft MCSE network engineers; connectivity consultants with CCIE credentials; and consultants for advanced network design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop environments, business continuity planning, data protection, and virtual servers. We are also hiring workstation support experts, off-site service professionals, and CISSP or CISA accredited security consultants. Progent is also seeking experienced managers and administrators able to operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office model. Learn additional details concerning full-time consulting positions at Progent by visiting Consulting Work at Progent.
Freelance Work at Progent
Progent works with independent professionals who have proven knowledge and working background in crucial information technology topics outside Progent's main service concentration. Progent's Experts Group includes contractors who can provide advice and programming services for mission-critical applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess in-depth expertise with popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide world-class help in areas such as telecommunications, web site design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle Database programming and management. Independent contractors premier by Progent cooperate with Progent's in-house engineers to deliver comprehensive solutions for small and midsize business networks. If you want to learn more information about contracting opportunities with our Experts Team, refer to Contracting Opportunities with Progent.
Reasons That We Are Unique
We have been able to attract the top consulting talent by being different. Providing a powerful mix of enterprising drive, commitment to client success, use of advanced technology, and an independent work structure that offers quality-of-life options for our consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic setting for talented individuals who posses a drive for rapidly enhancing their technical skills to create real-world solutions for a variety of organizations and network environments. Find out additional information about ways that we are exceptional by visiting Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office model utilizes sophisticated technical tools that enable remote access, wireless communication, convenient availability of Progent's support databases, and instant cooperation with talented colleagues to help you to deal with business-critical network issues. Progent's virtual office setting frees consultants to focus on delivering IT solutions instead of dealing with commutes and lets consultants establish successful client relationships by permitting you to provide fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to learn more information concerning Progent's virtual office work environment, see Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you make is entirely determined by the revenue you generate. You have the choice of focusing on quality of life and electing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing our versatile structure to follow personal pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to make significant money through persistent effort and long consulting time. Progent also provides full family health care coverage plus numerous other benefits. Learn additional details about our compensation and benefit programs by going to Progent Compensation Model and Benefits.
Jobs at Progent FAQs
For replies to popular enquiries concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, go to Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
The following is a list of our available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a range of small and midsize organizations to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Engineer Job
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize organizations manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The ideal applicant would be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This role calls for a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's comprehensive portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
Details about Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating key elements of service proposals which align Progent's deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly evolving technology
If you would like to apply for any opening shown above, you should e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Please include the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
More Information About Work with Us
Career Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Professionals
Progent wants to hire full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco accredited network consultants with Cisco credentials; security consultants with CISA or equivalent security credentials; and high-end network design experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high availability, workplace recovery, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks employees who can join our team of helpdesk support technicians and off-site troubleshooting experts. In addition, Progent is seeking talented managers able to operate productively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of skilled and motivated consultants, providing world-class customer services, and following a strong value-focused pricing structure, We have managed to expand our client base rapidly while providing consulting support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared knowledge base, and a group strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a talented staff and a loyal customer list.
If you are an information technology professional with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or helping Progent's customers will enhance your knowledge via cooperation with our staff of highly team-oriented, talented engineers. Our focus on delivering information technology expertise and computer support to small and midsize companies will give you the chance to work intimately with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the growth of exciting businesses.
We are looking for technical professionals who can show recognized certification in their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should show you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or one of the other leading security certifications. Of course, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Still, simply because a certificate does not guarantee expertise is no justification for not owning one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of these certifications should pose no challenge. The point is that if you call yourself a professional, then clients expect credentials. Progent will market your talents, but you should have a baseline of credentials for us to market. If you are strongly opposed to the concept of credentials, Progent can understand and respect your position, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Contract Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, our consulting engineers have offered low-cost and successful computer consulting services for small businesses in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common technical knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have helped us to retain a strong in-house team and dramatically grow a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide customers the services of expert information technology consulting professionals who have in-depth skills and work background in important areas outside of our primary concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are often independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by us to collaborate with our in-house engineers to provide end-to-end, world-class network solutions to small companies. Progent is always expanding our Experts Team to address the special requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Team now offers consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Strategic and vertical program help
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Special program development and deployment
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal design and integration
- SQL support and efficiency consulting
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecom architecture support
Advantages of being part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to benefit from the impact of Progent's dramatic growth and top-notch recognition in the marketplace. By having a team of talented and dedicated professionals, offering excellent client care, and following a strong, value-focused billing model, Progent has quadrupled our customer base over the past several years and Progent now provides professoinal support to hundreds of companies in and throughout the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing staff handles all aspects of promoting your skills and areas of expertise into our rapidly growing client base, so you expend less time finding customers and extra time generating money.
- We will assist in communications between you and our key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who are the conduit to the decision makers among our clients.
- Progent's sales and administration staffs will take care of the complete sales and contracting process, from lead generation, project approval, client needs definition, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility is on delivering top-quality consulting service.
- We will provide you access to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, offering professional meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm access throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive database, procedures based on industry best practices, abundance of professional publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert information technology professionals.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, web connections to special vendor support tools and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use software for education or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to be a member of our Experts Team, but we do have the following requirements for membership:
- You should show a strong background as a consultant operating independently in your field of specialization, including at least a two year history of successful consulting projects or you must have your own active client base for which you now provide continuing consulting activity.
- You should show that you are an expert in your area of concentration, which includes having a long work-related record and excellent referrals, and possess up-to-date vendor or institutional professional qualifications.
- You need to know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You should have excellent communications skills and be able to operate efficiently alone or as a member of a group.
- You need to know how to communicate proper expectations to clients and other Progent consultants and you need to be able evaluate tasks, produce project plans, and define realistic time lines.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a better consulting professional by enhancing your technical skills and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the top professional experts for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art system architecture, using specialized application utilities to enable the maximum level of service, and by optimizing our business models for finding and retaining customers.
The decisive factor that distinguishes us from other network support companies is the high quality of our service staff. Among the scores of consultants who have joined us, we have recruited the best expertise covering a broad range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other key areas, we deploy experts who can enable you to be effective on major projects by combining the collective skills of our group of professionals.
To promote the success of our team, we invest significantly in providing the best technology to do the job efficiently. We will exploit technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables effortless communications, collaboration, and information exchange with other Progent consultants — all from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t waste time or lose revenue because of regular commutes to a physical office building, and any travel you do for in-person client jobs is determined by your own schedule, not Progent's. The best part is that most of our support services can be performed off-site, offering 100% productivity for income-producing hours. In fact, some Progent staff do remote consulting exclusively.
Progent's operations are set up for responding quickly and efficiently to client requirements through information sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Even though Progent's engineers work with a high level of freedom, dispatching is unified, customer problems and resolutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and organized for easy reference, up-to-date consultant availability is broadcast to streamline group projects and simplify trouble escalation, and customer approval is continually monitored. We reinforce the feeling of connection via periodic team conferences and regular corporate events.
The majority of our team is situated across California, but we are building a rapidly expanding team of network experts throughout the U.S. Progent's virtual office environment does away with geographic obstacles that restrict the productivity of conventional business structures. We complete the deal by offering a comprehensive benefit program to promote the physical health and economic welfare of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's sales and administration groups live up to the excellence that defines Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progent’s success are enabling us to target and sign up the scores of new clients we are currently acquiring every month. We recently marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing organization.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a key for growth with us. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a steady series of technical challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Customers choose consulting firms to do the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, advanced deployments, puzzling or entrenched issues, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for what we do every day. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for network engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every day excited about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by building strong client contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented company heart and soul. If you don’t offer strong communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied group of people, then we are in all likelihood not a good fit.
If this sounds good to you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully designed and executed network can be a pivotal piece for enabling any firm's growth, and we apply this belief in our corporate system environment. We have created a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's staff consultants and authorized contractors to offer fast and effective service, cooperate easily on complex projects, and experience career and private growth from acting as part of a dynamic company culture of personal drive and freedom.