Among the premiere IT consulting firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a large staff of certified support experts who focus on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- System security analysis
- Sophisticated system infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and system administration
Progent's Experts Group, which includes independent experts premier and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized skills covering a wide range of key software areas and networking technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Business Intelligence expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Web-based app development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and DBA help
- Microsoft Access database programming, enhancement and training
- Office and Office 365 consulting
Innovative structures for acquiring customers, providing service, maintaining a dynamic company culture, and offering highly competitive profit sharing have enabled Progent to be one of the fastest expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the United States and to build a worldwide presence for delivering remote IT assistance. If you are a certified computer technician or information technology consultant with a drive for a client service and strong communication skills, you will find in Progent an opportunity for increasing your professional knowledge, living a more independent lifestyle, and achieving economic security.
Find Out More Details About Working at Progent
Check out these pages to learn additional information about Progent's work openings, business philosophy, operational environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
Progent is seeking a variety of on-staff professionals including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE computer consultants; network experts with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and consultants for advanced system design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability environments, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent is also seeking desktop support experts, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISA certified security professionals. We are also seeking veteran managers who can operate effectively in our dynamic, virtual office model. Find out more information about staff consulting jobs at Progent by going to Consulting Work at Progent.
Contract Work at Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants who have in-depth expertise and working experience in important IT areas beyond our primary technical focus. Our Experts Team includes contractors who offer consulting and development services for line-of-business solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess specialized knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer world-class help in technologies such as telecommunications, web design, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and administration. Independent consultants certified by us coordinate with Progent's full-time engineers to deliver end-to-end IT services for small and midsize business networks. In order to find out more details about freelance opportunities with Progent's Experts Team, go to Contract Opportunities at Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional
Progent has managed to attract the top consulting talent by being different. Providing a powerful mix of entrepreneurial drive, dedication to customer satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, and a flexible business structure that offers life-style options for Progent's team members, Progent offers a stimulating environment for select consultants who have a drive for rapidly enhancing their technical skills to create concrete solutions for a variety of businesses and network environments. Find out additional information about reasons we are exceptional by going to Ways That We Are Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office network incorporates sophisticated technologies that support remote support, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with talented team members to allow you to resolve challenging IT problems. Progent's virtual office environment allows consultants to concentrate on providing IT solutions rather than dealing with traffic and lets you establish successful customer relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, viable, and affordable solutions. To learn more details about our virtual office infrastructure, see Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is wholly determined by the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on life style and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our flexible structure to follow individual pursuits, or you can choose to earn significant income by hard work and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers complete family health care insurance as well as numerous other benefits. Learn more details about our compensation model and benefit programs by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Consulting at Progent FAQs
To see replies to common enquiries concerning being employed by Progent, go to Consulting at Progent FAQs.
This is a description of our present job openings:
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert -
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the to help a range of small and midsize businesses to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Engineer Job
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small businesses manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - , Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The ideal candidate would be a computer consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This position demands experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
More information on Senior Exchange Consultant Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and articulating crucial components of consulting proposals that align our services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining strong relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing IT technology
Specifics on Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to apply for any opening shown above, please send your background information to email@example.com. Please include the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Jobs at Progent
Staff Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to find staff-level, solutions-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco certified network consultants who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security consultants with CISM or comparable security credentials; and high-end system design experts with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, service continuity, disaster recovery, data protection, and VMware. Progent also seeks employees to work on our staff of desktop support specialists and off-site support experts. In addition, Progent is seeking talented managers who can operate productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, delivering attentive customer services, and offering a competitive results-based pricing structure, We have managed to expand our customer base dramatically while providing consulting support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common information base, and a group approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a talented staff and a loyal customer base.
If you are an information technology professional with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or working for Progent's clients can enhance your skills via cooperation with our group of highly team-oriented, talented engineers. Our commitment to providing network consulting and computer support to small and midsize organizations will offer you the chance to work closely with decision makers and add significantly to the success of exciting companies.
Progent is hiring consultants who have recognized certification related to their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco professionals, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security credentials. Of course, Progent is aware of "paper experts". However, simply because a certificate can not guarantee excellence is no excuse for not having one. If you know your field, then most of those certifications should be no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you call yourself a professional, then clients expect credentials. Progent can promote your skills, but you need to provide a baseline of certifications for us to work with. In case you stand strongly opposed to the concept of certifications, we can understand and respect your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Jobs for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, our consulting professionals have offered affordable and successful computer support services for companies in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common technical knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have helped us to build a talented in-house team and dramatically grow a loyal clientele.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide clients the services of expert computer support engineers who have advanced knowledge and work experience in important areas outside of Progent's primary concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are often independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by us to work closely with our staff engineers to deliver comprehensive, world-class information technology solutions to small businesses. We are continually expanding the Experts Group to meet the particular requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group now provides consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Line-of-business and vertical program help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom program development and deployment
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal design and integration
- DBM support and performance consulting
- Business information consulting
- Telecom architecture support
Benefits of becoming part of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you get to take advantage of the impact of Progent's dramatic expansion and excellent recognition in the industry. By having a team of talented and dedicated professionals, providing attentive client support, and practicing a proven, ROI-focused billing model, we have multiplied our clientele during the last few years and Progent currently provides professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing team handles all aspects of marketing your services and technical expertise into our rapidly growing customer base, so you spend less effort finding clients and more time generating money.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and Progent's key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who act as the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Our sales and administration groups will manage the entire sales and engagement cycle, from lead identification, project approval, customer needs description, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire focus is on delivering top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will gives you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice access throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our vast database, processes based on best practices, abundance of professional publications, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert consulting professionals.
- We will share partner-only benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, web access to special vendor troubleshooting tools and technical maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use programs for training or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to become part of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has the following qualifications to join:
- You should show a strong background as a consultant working on your own in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year history of completed contracting jobs and/or have your own active client base to which you now deliver ongoing consulting services.
- You have to demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of specialization, including having an extensive task-relevant record and strong references, and have current manufacturer and/or industry professional certifications.
- You must be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You should have strong inter-personal skills and know how to work efficiently alone or as part of a group.
- You should be able to explain proper expectations to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you must be able analyze tasks, produce task plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by enhancing your technical skills and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the best professional experts for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, using custom software utilities to deliver the maximum quality of service, and by streamlining our business structures for finding and retaining clients.
The most important factor that differentiates Progent from typical network support companies is the high caliber of our support professionals. Among the 50 or so consultants who have joined Progent, we have recruited top expertise covering a broad range of technologies. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux, virtual servers, or other crucial technologies, we deploy experts who can help you to be successful on major jobs by combining the collective skills of Progent's team of experts.
To promote the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful technology to do the work efficiently. We will leverage information technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables effortless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with other Progent team members ó all from home-based or on-the-road offices. You donít throw away time or lose revenue with regular commutes to a conventional office building, and any travel you do for in-person customer jobs is determined by your schedule, not ours. The best benefit is that most of our consulting work can be performed off-site, offering 100% productivity for income-producing hours. In practice, some Progent team members do off-site consulting only.
Our business structure is geared towards reacting quickly and efficiently to customer requirements through information exchange and collaborative problem solving. Although Progent's consultants operate with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, client problems and solutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and organized for easy retrieval, up-to-date engineer availability is broadcast to facilitate group tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is continually evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation via periodic workgroup conferences and regular company-wide events.
Most of our team is situated throughout California, however Progent is building a rapidly expanding group of consulting professionals from across the U.S. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic boundaries that restrict the efficiency of conventional business structures. We complete the deal by providing a full employee care program to promote the health and financial welfare of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, Progent's sales and operations groups live up to the high standards that is Progent. These high-performance factors behind our growth are enabling us to target and land the scores of new clients we are currently engaging every month. Progent recently celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing operation.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of technical challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Customers rely on consultants to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or entrenched problems, and tricky migrations are the foundation for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for computer engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every day excited about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will meet some great folks, both by establishing strong client relationships and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their success. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented organization heart and soul. If you do not offer excellent communications skills or like working with a varied assortment of personalities, then we are probably a poor match.
If all this sounds good to you, we invite you to talk to us about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully designed and executed information system is a pivotal factor for accelerating any firm's success, and Progent follows this belief in our corporate system environment. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows Progent's in-house consultants and authorized contractors to offer rapid and efficient service, collaborate closely on complex jobs, and experience professional and personal growth by being part of an exciting business culture of self motivation and independence.