Among the premier computer consulting companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a full-time staff of certified service experts who concentrate on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security analysis
- Sophisticated connectivity architecture
- Off-site IT support and system management
Our Experts Team, which includes independent consultants certified and managed by Progent, provides highly refined skills covering a wide variety of vital software applications and networking technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based app development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and management consulting
- Office Access database application programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Creative models for finding customers, delivering service, maintaining an efficient company culture, and offering highly competitive compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to be one of the most rapidly growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the United States and to establish an international organization for providing online IT assistance. If you are an accredited computer technician or information technology consultant with a focus on a customer service and excellent communication skills, you will find in Progent an opportunity for adding to your technical knowledge, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving financial success.
Learn Additional Information About Jobs with Progent
Check out these links to learn additional details concerning Progent's work opportunities, business philosophy, operational conditions, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Work at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of full-time employees including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network consultants; network experts with Cisco certification; and consultants for advanced system architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop environments, business continuity planning, data preservation, and virtual servers. We are also hiring workstation support experts, remote service professionals, and CISA or CISM certified security professionals. We are also hiring veteran managers who can perform effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Learn additional details concerning full-time consulting work at Progent by visiting Consulting Work at Progent.
Freelance Jobs with Progent
Progent works with independent consultants with specialized expertise and field background in high-demand IT areas beyond our primary service focus. Progent's Experts Team includes independent consultants who can provide advice and development support for strategic solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have deep expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide world-class skills in technologies such as telecommunications, web development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle Database programming and administration. Independent contractors premier by us cooperate with our full-time consultants to provide end-to-end solutions for small company networks. If you want to learn additional details concerning contracting opportunities with Progent's Experts Team, go to Contracting Work at Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional
We have been able to recruit the top consulting experts by being unique. Providing a powerful blend of entrepreneurial drive, insistence on client satisfaction, utilization of advanced technology, and a flexible work model that offers quality-of-life choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic environment for select consultants who posses a drive for quickly enhancing their professional abilities to deliver real-world solutions for a range of businesses and technical environments. Learn additional information concerning how we are unique by visiting Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office network utilizes sophisticated technologies that allow off-site support, wireless communication, convenient availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and close collaboration with mobile colleagues to help you to deal with challenging network issues. Our virtual office setting enables consultants to concentrate on providing service instead of fighting traffic and helps you establish lasting client relationships by enabling you to provide fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn additional information about Progent's virtual office business model, visit Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is entirely based on what you contribute. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's flexible structure to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to make significant income through hard work and long consulting time. Progent also offers complete family health care coverage as well as numerous other benefits. Find out more details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefits by referring to Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see replies to common questions about being employed by Progent, see Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers.
This is a description of some available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Positions
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small businesses manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Exchange design and deployment projects. The right candidate would be a technical consultant with expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This role calls for experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these platforms.
More information on Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive portfolio of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
More information about Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating key elements of consulting proposals which associate Progent's deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining strong relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly evolving technology
If you wish to apply for any opening shown above, you should e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to state the job codes of the positions that interest you.
Details Concerning Work with Us
Staff Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Help Professionals
Progent wants to hire staff-level, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco accredited network consultants with Cisco CCIE credentials; security consultants with CISM or comparable security certification; and advanced network design experts with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, business continuity, information protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is hiring professionals to join Progent's staff of helpdesk support specialists and off-site support professionals. Also, Progent is seeking talented managers who can operate productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of talented and motivated consultants, providing world-class customer services, and following a strong value-focused pricing structure, Progent has been able to expand our customer base dramatically while providing consulting support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared information database, and a team strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a loyal customer base.
For a network professional with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's customers can enhance your skills through cooperation with our staff of highly team-oriented, talented engineers. Our commitment to providing information technology expertise and computer help to small companies will give you the opportunity to work intimately with key players and add appreciably to the growth of dynamic businesses.
We are looking for consultants who can show recognized certification in their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. In the case of Cisco professionals, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should have you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security certifications. Naturally, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, the fact that a certificate can not ensure excellence is no excuse for not having one. If you have mastered your field, then most of those tests should pose no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then clients expect credentials. We will promote your skills, but you should have standard credentials for Progent to market. If you are adamantly opposed to the idea of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, our computer professionals have offered affordable and effective computer consulting services for companies in the and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared support database, and a team approach to problem solving have enabled Progent to build a talented in-house team and quickly grow a loyal customer base.
The Experts Group is our way to provide customers the services of specialized information technology consulting engineers who have in-depth skills and field experience in key areas outside of Progent's primary concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are often freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by Progent to work closely with Progent's in-house engineers to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class network solutions to small businesses. We are always expanding our Experts Group in order to address the special needs of our clients.
Our Experts Team currently offers consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Mission-critical and specialized application support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special applications development and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal design and integration
- DBM support and efficiency consulting
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Advantages of being a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you get to take advantage of the momentum of Progent's dramatic expansion and excellent reputation in the marketplace. By maintaining a group of talented and committed consultants, offering attentive client care, and following a proven, ROI-focused pricing structure, Progent has multiplied our customer base during the last several years and Progent now delivers professoinal support to hundreds of companies in and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing team takes care of all facets of marketing your skills and areas of knowledge into our rapidly growing client base, so you spend less effort signing up customers and more time making money.
- We will facilitate communications between you and Progent's core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who are the conduit to the decision makers among our customers.
- Progent's sales and operations staffs will manage the entire selling and contracting cycle, from lead generation, job approval, client needs description, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility is on delivering high-level consulting service.
- Progent will gives you access to our sophisticated virtual office environment, offering professional meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, and data and voice connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive database, processes based on best practices, library of professional documents, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert network professionals.
- Progent will share special benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, web access to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and technical maintenance resources, and on-line internal use software for education and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to become a member of our Experts Group, but we do have these qualifications to join:
- You need to show a proven background as a consulting professional operating independently in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year history of successful consulting jobs or you must have an active customer base for whom you currently deliver ongoing consulting activity.
- You have to show that you have expertise in your area of specialization, which includes showing an extensive work-related history and strong references, and have up-to-date manufacturer and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You should be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You should have excellent inter-personal skills and understand how to work successfully by yourself or as part of a team.
- You should know how to articulate proper goals to clients and other Progent consultants and you should be able scope out jobs, produce task plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Network Consultants
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a better consultant by enhancing your technical skills and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the top consulting talent for you to work with, providing an advanced network and communications architecture, running specialized application tools to deliver the maximum quality of support, and by streamlining proven operational structures for attracting and keeping clients.
The main factor that distinguishes us from most network support companies is the high quality of our service staff. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with us, we have recruited the best talent across a wide array of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other key application, we deploy experts who can enable you to be successful on major projects by leveraging the aggregate skills of our group of experts.
To promote the success of our consultants, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful technology to perform the job efficiently. Progent will leverage technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables seamless communications, collaboration, and information sharing with fellow Progent team members — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue because of daily drives to a physical office building, and any driving you do for on-site customer jobs is determined by your own schedule, not Progent's. The best benefit is that most of Progent's consulting services can be done off-site, representing maximum efficiency for billable hours. In practice, some of our staff do remote support exclusively.
Progent's operations are geared towards reacting rapidly and effectively to client needs via knowledge sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Although our consultants operate with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, client problems and resolutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and organized for convenient reference, current consultant schedules are broadcast to facilitate group tasks and enable trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is always monitored. We reinforce the feeling of connection via periodic workgroup meetings and regular company-wide events.
The majority of our team is situated across California, but we are attracting a quickly growing group of consulting experts throughout the United States. Progent's virtual office environment does away with geographic boundaries that restrict the productivity of traditional company models. We enhance the deal by providing a full benefit program to ensure the health and financial security of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consultants, Progent's marketing and administration teams match the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch factors behind our success are helping us to identify and land the scores of new customers we are currently engaging each month. Progent recently marked the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales organization.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a key for success with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a continual series of network challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Clients rely on consulting firms to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, leading-edge implementations, vexing or entrenched problems, and difficult migrations are the basis for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for network engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every day excited about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by building close client relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused organization through and through. If you do not offer strong communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied assortment of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor fit.
If all this sounds right for you, we urge you to talk to us about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well architected and implemented network is a pivotal factor for accelerating any firm's success, and we follow this philosophy in our corporate network infrastructure. We have built a non-stop virtual office network that enables Progent's in-house consultants and authorized contractors to offer rapid and efficient service, collaborate closely on sophisticated jobs, and gain from professional and private growth by acting as a member of an exciting company culture of self motivation and independence.