One of America's top computer consultant firms for business systems, Progent maintains a large staff of certified service experts who focus on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security consulting
- Advanced network architecture
- Off-site IT support and network management
Our Experts Group, which includes freelance consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized knowledge in a wide range of critical software areas and network solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Web app design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and DBA consulting
- Office Access application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 training
Innovative structures for attracting customers, delivering service, establishing an efficient working environment, and providing highly competitive compensation and benefits have enabled Progent to be one of the most rapidly growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the United States and to establish a worldwide presence for providing remote IT support. If you are a certified computer technician or information technology consultant with a focus on a client service and strong communication skills, consultants will discover Progent a chance for adding to your professional skills, living a more rewarding career, and achieving financial success.
Learn More Details Concerning Working at Progent
Check out these links to learn more information concerning Progent's work opportunities, company culture, operational conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Full-time Careers at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of on-staff professionals including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network consultants; network consultants who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant system design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability systems, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also hiring desktop support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP or CISA certified security consultants. We are also seeking veteran managers able to operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out more details about full-time professional services jobs at Progent by going to Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities with Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants with specialized knowledge and hands-on background in important information technology topics outside Progent's primary service concentration. Our Experts Group employs contractors who offer advice and programming support for mission-critical solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide expert skills in areas like telecom, web site development, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and management. Freelance consultants certified by us coordinate with our in-house engineers to deliver comprehensive solutions for small and midsize business networks. If you want to learn more information concerning contracting work with Progent's Experts Team, visit Freelance Work at Progent.
How We Are Different
We have been able to attract the best professional experts by being different. Providing a powerful mix of enterprising spirit, dedication to customer satisfaction, utilization of advanced technology, plus an independent work model that accommodates quality-of-life options for Progent's team members, Progent offers a dynamic environment for select consultants who have a drive for quickly improving their professional skills to create concrete benefits for a variety of organizations and network environments. Learn additional information about how we are exceptional by going to Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office model utilizes sophisticated technical tools that support off-site support, wireless communication, easy availability of our support databases, and instant collaboration with mobile colleagues to allow you to resolve business-critical IT problems. Progent's virtual office environment allows consultants to concentrate on providing IT solutions rather than fighting traffic and lets you nurture successful client relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, viable, and affordable solutions. In order to learn more details about our virtual office work environment, visit Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is wholly tied to what you contribute. Consultants have the choice of focusing on life style and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our flexible structure to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to make significant income by persistent effort and lots of hours. Progent also offers complete family health care coverage plus numerous additional benefits. Learn additional details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefit programs by going to Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see replies to frequent questions concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, see Working with Progent FAQs.
This is a list of Progent's present job openings:
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert -
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a range of small organizations to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details about Desktop Support Expert Job
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small businesses manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Exchange planning and implementation projects. The right applicant should be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This role demands a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
More information on Senior Exchange Expert Jobs
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive selection of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Producing and explaining key elements of engagement proposals that tie Progent's deliverables with real business value
- Maintaining strong relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving technology
Details on Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to enquire about any opening shown above, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to state the job codes of the positions of interest.
Additional Facts Concerning Work at Progent
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to find staff-level, results-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco certified system consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security professionals who have CISA or comparable security certification; and high-end network design experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, business continuity, data protection, and VMware. Progent also is hiring employees to join our staff of helpdesk service technicians and off-site support experts. Also, Progent is seeking experienced administrators who can perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of talented and motivated consultants, providing world-class client care, and offering a competitive results-based fee structure, We have managed to increase our client list rapidly while delivering consulting services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared information base, and a team strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a skilled staff and a satisfied customer base.
If you are a network professional with technical support expertise, joining Progent or working for Progent's customers will enhance your knowledge via cooperation with Progent's staff of highly team-oriented, expert engineers. Our focus on providing network consulting and computer support to small and midsize companies will give you the opportunity to work intimately with decision makers and add significantly to the success of dynamic businesses.
Progent is looking for consultants who have verifiable certification in their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have earned you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security certifications. Naturally, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Notwithstanding, simply because a credential can not ensure excellence is no reason for not having one. If you know your stuff, then most of those certifications should be no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you are a professional, then customers deserve to see credentials. We can promote your talents, but you must have standard credentials for Progent to market. If you stand adamantly opposed to the idea of certifications, Progent can understand and respect your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, our computer engineers have offered affordable and successful network consulting expertise for businesses in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared support database, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped us to build a strong in-house team and quickly expand a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide customers the services of expert information technology support professionals who have advanced knowledge and field experience in key areas outside of Progent's core focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are typically independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by us to collaborate with Progent's in-house consultants to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class network services to small and midsize businesses. We are continually enhancing the Experts Group in order to address the particular requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Group currently provides consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Mission-critical and specialized program help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Special applications development and integration
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and client information portal design and deployment
- Database management and performance help
- Business information consulting
- Telecom architecture consulting
Benefits of being a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you can benefit from the momentum of Progent's dramatic expansion and top-notch recognition in the market. By having a team of skilled and committed consultants, offering attentive client support, and following a strong, value-focused billing structure, Progent has multiplied our clientele during the past several years and Progent currently delivers professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in and across the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff takes care of all aspects of marketing your services and technical expertise into our rapidly growing customer base, so you spend less time finding customers and extra time generating money.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and Progent's key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who are the conduit to the influential managers among Progent's clients.
- Progent's sales and operations teams will take care of the complete sales and contracting cycle, from opportunity identification, project approval, customer requirements definition, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus is on providing high-level consulting expertise.
- We will provide you access to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, offering professional meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's vast knowledge base, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced network engineers.
- We will pass on special benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, web access to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and technical support resources, and downloadable in-house use software for training and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to be a member of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have strict requirements to join:
- You should have a proven track record as a consulting professional working independently in your area of specialization, including at least a two year record of successful consulting jobs and/or have your own active customer base for which you currently deliver ongoing support activity.
- You must show that you have expertise in your area of specialization, including having an extensive work-related history and excellent references, and possess up-to-date vendor or industry professional certifications.
- You have to be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You must have excellent people skills and understand how to work effectively alone or as part of a team.
- You have to know how to communicate proper expectations to clients and other Progent team members and you must be able scope out tasks, create task plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Network Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a better consulting professional by improving your information technology skills and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the best consulting talent for you to operate with, offering an advanced network and communications architecture, running proprietary software tools to deliver the maximum quality of support, and by streamlining proven operational models for attracting and keeping clients.
The most important factor that distinguishes us from most consulting firms is the high caliber of our support professionals. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have assembled top expertise across a broad range of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Macintosh, Linux, VMware, or other key areas, we engage professionals who can enable you to be successful on larger jobs by leveraging the aggregate experience of our team of experts.
To promote the success of our consultants, we invest significantly in providing the best tools to do the work efficiently. We will exploit information technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office environment allows seamless connectivity, collaboration, and information exchange with fellow Progent team members — all from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t waste time or forfeit income with regular drives to a physical office, and all driving you do for on-site client jobs is determined by your schedule, not Progent's. The best part is that much of Progent's support services can be done remotely, offering maximum productivity for income-producing time. In fact, some of our staff do off-site consulting exclusively.
Progent's business structure is geared towards responding rapidly and effectively to customer needs through knowledge exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Even though Progent's consultants operate with a high level of independence, resource allocation is unified, customer issues and solutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and archived for easy reference, current consultant availability is broadcast to facilitate team tasks and simplify problem escalation, and client satisfaction is always evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation through monthly team conferences and regular corporate events.
The majority of our team is located across California, however we are attracting a rapidly growing group of consulting experts from across America. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic obstacles that limit the efficiency of traditional business structures. We complete the package by providing a comprehensive benefit plan to promote the physical health and economic security of our team members and their families.
Just as we have world-class consultants, Progent's marketing and operations teams live up to the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progent’s success are helping us to target and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are currently engaging every month. We recently marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong marketing organization.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a continual series of technical challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Customers rely on consultants to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, leading-edge implementations, vexing or entrenched problems, and difficult migrations are the foundation for what we do daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for network engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every day excited about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some great people, both by building close client relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented organization heart and soul. If you don’t have strong people skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse assortment of personalities, then Progent is probably a poor fit.
If this sounds good to you, we urge you to talk to us about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well designed and executed network is a crucial piece for accelerating a company's success, and Progent applies this belief in our own system infrastructure. We have created a non-stop virtual office network that enables our in-house engineers and certified contractors to deliver fast and effective support, cooperate easily on complex projects, and experience career and private maturity from being a member of an exciting business ethos of personal drive and freedom.