Among the premier IT consultant companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a large staff of talented service experts who focus on core technologies including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Network security expertise
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Remote IT support and system administration
Our Experts Team, which includes freelance consultants certified and managed by Progent, provides highly specialized skills in a broad range of vital business areas and networking solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based application design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access database programming, migration and training
- Office desktop and Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative structures for finding customers, providing service, maintaining an efficient company culture, and offering highly competitive profit sharing have allowed Progent to be one of the most rapidly expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the U.S. and to establish a worldwide organization for delivering remote network expertise. If you are a certified computer technician or network expert with a drive for a customer service and excellent people skills, you will find in Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional skills, developing a more independent lifestyle, and achieving financial success.
Find Out Additional Details Concerning Jobs at Progent
Follow these pages to find out more details concerning Progent's job opportunities, company philosophy, work conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Work at Progent
We are hiring a range of full-time professionals including motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer engineers; system experts who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant network design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability systems, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent is also looking for desktop support experts, off-site service specialists, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA accredited security professionals. We are also hiring veteran managers and administrators who can perform effectively in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out additional details about full-time professional services jobs at Progent by visiting Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Freelance Work with Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals with proven expertise and field background in crucial IT topics beyond our main technical concentration. Our Experts Team hires freelance consultants who offer advice and development support for strategic applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess in-depth knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer expert help in technologies such as telecommunications, web development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and management. Freelance contractors premier by Progent cooperate with Progent's in-house consultants to provide comprehensive IT services for small company networks. In order to learn more details about freelance jobs with our Experts Consulting Group, refer to Freelance Opportunities at Progent.
Ways That We Are Unique
We have managed to attract the top professional talent by being unique. Providing a powerful blend of enterprising spirit, insistence on client success, use of state-of-the-art technology, plus an independent work structure that accommodates quality-of-life choices for Progent's team members, Progent offers a dynamic culture for select individuals who have a drive for quickly enhancing their professional skills to create real-world benefits for a range of organizations and technical environments. Find out more details about reasons we are different by referring to How Progent Is Unique.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office environment incorporates sophisticated technical tools that allow off-site access, wireless communication, convenient access to Progent's support databases, and close collaboration with talented team members to help you to solve challenging IT problems. Progent's virtual office structure allows consultants to focus on delivering IT solutions rather than fighting commutes and helps you establish lasting client relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. To learn additional details about Progent's virtual office infrastructure, refer to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you make is wholly based on what you contribute. Consultants have the choice of focusing on quality of life and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's flexible structure to follow personal pursuits, or you can choose to make significant income through hard effort and long consulting time. Progent also provides comprehensive family health care insurance as well as many additional benefits. Find out more details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by going to Progent Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For replies to common questions about becoming a consultant at Progent, go to Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Here is a list of Progent's current job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to help a range of small businesses to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Job
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small organizations manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and implementation projects. The right candidate would be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This role would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Details on Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
More information on Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating crucial elements of service propositions that tie our deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving technology
If you want to ask about any position listed above, please e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to copy the job codes of the jobs of interest.
Additional Facts Concerning Jobs at Progent
Staff Work for Network Consultants, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent wants to find full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco certified network consultants who have CCIE certification; security consultants with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security certification; and advanced network architecture consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high availability, business continuity, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks professionals to work on our team of desktop support specialists and off-site troubleshooting experts. In addition, We are looking for experienced administrators who can perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of talented and motivated professionals, providing attentive client services, and offering a strong value-based fee structure, Progent has been able to expand our client list dramatically while providing professional support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common information base, and a team approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a talented staff and a satisfied customer base.
For a network professional with technical support expertise, joining Progent or working for Progent's clients can expand your knowledge via cooperation with Progent's group of highly team-oriented, talented consultants. Progent's focus on delivering information technology expertise and computer support to small and midsize companies will give you the opportunity to collaborate closely with key players and add significantly to the growth of dynamic companies.
Progent is looking for consultants that have recognized certification related to their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security certifications. Of course, we are aware of ďpaper MCSEs.Ē Notwithstanding, simply because a certificate can not ensure excellence is no justification for not owning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of these certifications should present no challenge. The point is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then customers expect credentials. We will broadcast your skills, but you must have a baseline of credentials for us to work with. In case you stand adamantly against the idea of credentials, Progent can understand and respect your position, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Work for premier Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's computer professionals have provided low-cost and successful computer consulting expertise for businesses in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common technical database, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have helped Progent to build a talented in-house team and dramatically grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Group is our way to offer clients the help of specialized information technology consulting professionals who have in-depth knowledge and work experience in important technologies beyond our core concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are typically freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by us to collaborate with our in-house engineers to deliver comprehensive, world-class information technology solutions to small and midsize companies. We are continually expanding our Experts Team in order to meet the particular requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Team currently provides consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Mission-critical and vertical application help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Special program design and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and customer information portal design and integration
- Database support and performance help
- Business information expertise
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Benefits of becoming a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you get to take advantage of the momentum of Progent's dramatic growth and excellent reputation in the industry. By having a group of skilled and committed professionals, offering excellent client care, and following a strong, value-oriented billing structure, Progent has quadrupled our clientele during the past few years and Progent now delivers professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in and across the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing team takes care of all aspects of marketing your services and areas of knowledge into our rapidly expanding client base, so you expend less time finding customers and extra time generating revenue.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who are the conduit to the influential managers among Progent's clients.
- Our sales and operations teams will take care of the complete selling and engagement process, from opportunity identification, job approval, customer requirements description, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus is on providing high-level consulting service.
- Progent will gives you access to our sophisticated virtual office environment, including professional conference locations in the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to our extensive database, procedures based on leading practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of expert information technology professionals.
- We will pass on special benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, on-line access to restricted vendor support utilities and technical maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use programs for training and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to become part of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have these requirements for membership:
- You should have a proven track record as a consulting professional working on your own in your area of expertise, including at least a two year history of successful contracting jobs or you must have your own active client base for whom you currently deliver continuing support services.
- You must demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of concentration, which includes showing a long work-related record and strong referrals, and possess up-to-date vendor or industry professional qualifications.
- You should be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You must have excellent people skills and know how to operate effectively alone or as part of a team.
- You should be able to explain realistic goals to customers and fellow Progent team members and you need to know how scope out projects, create task plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a better professional by improving your technical knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the best consulting talent for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, using proprietary application tools to deliver the maximum quality of support, and by optimizing our operational models for finding and maintaining clients.
The main factor that separates us from most consulting firms is the high quality of our consultants. Among the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have recruited the best expertise covering a broad range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Apple, Linux, VMware, or other key technologies, we deploy experts who can help you to be successful on larger projects by combining the aggregate experience of Progent's team of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in providing the best tools to perform the work efficiently. We will exploit technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office environment allows seamless communications, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with other Progent consultants ó all from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants donít waste time or lose revenue with daily drives to a physical office, and all travel you do for on-site client jobs is determined by your own schedule, not Progent's. The best benefit is that much of our support services can be done off-site, offering 100% productivity for income-producing hours. In fact, some Progent staff do remote support only.
Progent's operations are set up for reacting rapidly and effectively to customer requirements through information exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Even though our consultants operate with a great deal of independence, dispatching is unified, customer issues and resolutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and organized for easy reference, up-to-date engineer availability is published to streamline team projects and simplify problem escalation, and client satisfaction is continually evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation via monthly workgroup meetings and regular corporate events.
Most of Progent's team is located throughout California, however we are building a quickly expanding team of network professionals from across the U.S. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates regional boundaries that limit the efficiency of traditional company models. We complete the package by offering a full employee care program to ensure the health and economic welfare of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, Progent's marketing and operations groups match the high standards that characterizes Progent. These high-performance factors behind our success are enabling us to target and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are currently engaging each month. We lately celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong sales organization.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a key for success with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of network challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Clients rely on consulting firms to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, advanced implementations, vexing or entrenched problems, and tricky upgrades are the basis for our services every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for computer engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some great folks, both by establishing close customer contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization heart and soul. If you donít offer excellent people skills or like working with a diverse assortment of people, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor match.
If this seems good to you, we urge you to contact Progent about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well designed and executed information system is a crucial piece for enabling any company's growth, and we follow this belief in our corporate system environment. Progent has built a zero-downtime virtual office network that enables our in-house consultants and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and effective support, cooperate closely on sophisticated jobs, and experience professional and private growth from acting as part of a dynamic company culture of personal drive and independence.