Among the premier IT consultant companies for business networks, Progent manages a large staff of certified support professionals who concentrate on core technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security expertise
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and system management
Progent's Experts Team, which includes freelance consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, provides highly specialized knowledge in a broad variety of critical software areas and networking solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- BI expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web application software design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and DBA help
- Microsoft Access application development, migration and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Creative models for attracting clients, providing support, nurturing a dynamic working environment, and offering generous profit sharing have allowed Progent to become one of the fastest growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the U.S. and to build an international presence for delivering online network service. If you are an accredited IT support professional or information technology consultant with a drive for a client success and excellent communication skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent an opportunity for adding to your professional knowledge, developing a more independent career, and attaining economic success.
Find Out Additional Information Concerning Working at Progent
Follow these links to learn more information about Progent's job opportunities, company culture, operational conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Full-time Work at Progent
We are seeking a variety of on-staff professionals including experienced Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network engineers; network consultants with CCIE credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant system design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop systems, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent is also seeking desktop support technicians, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP or CISA certified security engineers. Progent is also seeking experienced managers and administrators able to operate efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office model. Learn more details concerning staff consulting positions at Progent by going to Consulting Positions at Progent.
Contract Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants who have in-depth knowledge and working experience in important information technology topics outside Progent's main service concentration. Progent's Experts Team includes independent consultants who offer advice and development services for strategic applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess specialized expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide expert skills in areas such as telecommunications, web site design, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and management. Independent consultants certified by Progent coordinate with our full-time engineers to provide comprehensive IT services for small and midsize business networks. In order to find out additional details concerning contracting work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, see Freelance Jobs at Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Exceptional
Progent has been able to recruit the top professional experts by being different. Providing an innovative blend of enterprising drive, insistence on customer success, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, plus an independent work model that allows for life-style choices for our team members, Progent offers a stimulating culture for talented individuals who posses a drive for rapidly improving their professional skills to deliver concrete benefits for a variety of organizations and network environments. Learn additional information concerning ways that Progent is unique by visiting Reasons That Progent Is Different.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office network provides sophisticated technical tools that support off-site support, wireless connectivity, easy access to our knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with mobile colleagues to help you to handle business-critical IT issues. Progent's virtual office setting frees consultants to focus on providing IT solutions instead of dealing with traffic and lets consultants nurture lasting client relationships by enabling you to provide quick, effective, and affordable solutions. In order to learn more information concerning our virtual office work environment, go to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is directly tied to what you generate. You have the option of concentrating on life style and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's flexible structure to follow personal pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn significant income by persistent effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers complete family health insurance as well as many additional benefits. Find out more about our compensation model and benefit packages by referring to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Employment at Progent FAQs
For answers to frequent questions concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, go to Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
The following is a list of our present job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a variety of small organizations to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Engineer Jobs
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small organizations maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Sr. Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Exchange planning and deployment projects. The right candidate would be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This position would require a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Specifics about Senior Exchange Consultant Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Specifics about Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating key elements of consulting proposals which tie our services with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining excellent relationships with customers
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing IT technology
If you want to apply for any opening shown above, you should send your background information to email@example.com. Please include the job codes of the positions of interest.
More Information Concerning Work at Progent
Staff Work for Network Consultants, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire fulltime, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco accredited network consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security professionals with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security certification; and high-end network architecture experts with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high availability, workplace recovery, information preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is hiring professionals to work on Progent's team of help desk support technicians and off-site troubleshooting professionals. In addition, Progent is seeking experienced administrators able to perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of talented and dedicated professionals, delivering attentive client care, and following a competitive value-based fee model, We have managed to increase our customer list rapidly while delivering consulting services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common knowledge database, and a group strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a talented staff and a satisfied client base.
For a network consultant with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or working for our clients will enhance your knowledge through cooperation with our group of highly team-oriented, talented consultants. Progent's focus on delivering network consulting and computer help to small companies will give you the chance to collaborate intimately with key players and add significantly to the success of dynamic businesses.
Progent is looking for consultants who have recognized credentials in their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. For Cisco professionals, have your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should show you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security certifications. Of course, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Still, the fact that a credential does not guarantee excellence is no justification for not having one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of those tests should present no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you call yourself a professional, then customers deserve to see credentials. We will market your talents, but you must have basic credentials for Progent to market. In case you happen to be strongly against the idea of certifications, we can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are likely not a good fit.
Contract Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, our information technology engineers have provided affordable and successful network consulting expertise for companies in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared support database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have helped us to retain a strong consulting group and dramatically expand a loyal client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer clients the help of specialized information technology consulting engineers who have advanced knowledge and work experience in key technologies outside of Progent's core concentration in system support and security. Experts Group members are typically freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by Progent to collaborate with Progent's in-house engineers to provide end-to-end, world-class network services to small businesses. Progent is continually expanding the Experts Team in order to address the particular requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Group currently offers consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Strategic and specialized application help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom applications development and integration
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal design and integration
- DBM management and efficiency consulting
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Advantages of being a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you get to benefit from the momentum of our explosive expansion and excellent reputation in the industry. By maintaining a team of skilled and committed professionals, offering excellent client support, and following a strong, value-oriented billing structure, we have quadrupled our clientele during the last few years and Progent currently delivers consulting services to hundreds of businesses in California and across the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing team takes care of all aspects of marketing your services and technical expertise into our rapidly growing client base, so you expend less effort signing up customers and more time making revenue.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who are the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Our sales and administration teams will manage the complete sales and engagement process, from lead identification, project approval, client requirements description, skills matching, project scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire focus stays with providing high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you connections to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, including convenient conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive knowledge base, processes based on leading practices, library of professional documents, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert network engineers.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, on-line access to special vendor support utilities and product support resources, and downloadable internal use software for education or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become a member of our Experts Team, but Progent has these requirements for membership:
- You must have a strong background as a consulting professional operating independently in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year record of successful consulting jobs and/or have an active customer base to whom you currently deliver ongoing support activity.
- You have to show that you have expertise in your area of specialization, including showing a long work-related record and strong references, and possess up-to-date manufacturer and/or industry professional certifications.
- You should be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You must have strong communications skills and understand how to operate successfully by yourself or as part of a group.
- You should be able to explain realistic goals to clients and other Progent consultants and you need to know how evaluate tasks, produce project plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's work environment will make you a better consultant by improving your information technology knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the best professional talent for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, running proprietary application tools to enable the maximum level of service, and by optimizing proven business models for attracting and retaining customers.
The decisive factor that differentiates us from other consulting companies is the high quality of our support professionals. Among the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited the best talent covering a wide array of technologies. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Macintosh, Linux, virtual servers, or other vital application, we deploy experts who can help you to be effective on larger projects by combining the collective skills of our group of professionals.
To promote the success of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in providing the best tools to perform the work properly. We will leverage information technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office environment enables effortless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with other Progent team members ó entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants donít throw away time or forfeit income with regular drives to a conventional office, and all driving you do for in-person customer work is determined by your own schedule, not Progent's. The best part is that most of Progent's consulting work can be performed off-site, representing 100% productivity for income-producing time. In fact, some Progent staff do off-site support exclusively.
Our business structure is geared towards responding quickly and effectively to customer needs through information exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Although Progent's consultants work with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is unified, customer issues and resolutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and organized for convenient reference, current consultant availability is published to facilitate group projects and simplify problem escalation, and client satisfaction is always monitored. We strengthen the sense of cooperation through periodic workgroup meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's team is situated across California, however we are building a quickly growing group of consulting professionals from across America. Our virtual office environment does away with regional boundaries that restrict the efficiency of conventional business structures. We complete the package by providing a comprehensive benefit plan to ensure the physical health and financial security of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consultants, Progent's marketing and operations groups live up to the high standards that is Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progentís growth are enabling us to target and land the 50-60 new customers we are currently engaging every month. Progent lately celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong sales operation.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a steady series of network challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Clients rely on a consultant to do the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, advanced implementations, vexing or entrenched problems, and difficult upgrades are the basis for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for computer engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will meet some great folks, both by building close customer contacts and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused company through and through. If you do not offer excellent communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse assortment of people, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good match.
If all this seems right for you, we urge you to contact us about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well designed and implemented network can be a pivotal factor for accelerating a company's growth, and Progent applies this philosophy in our corporate system infrastructure. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows our in-house engineers and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and efficient support, collaborate easily on sophisticated projects, and experience career and personal growth from acting as part of an exciting company ethos of self motivation and freedom.