One of America's premiere network consultant firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a large staff of talented service experts who concentrate on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- System security expertise
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and network management
Our Experts Team, which includes freelance experts certified and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized skills in a wide range of critical software applications and networking solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- BI expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web app design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and management help
- Office Access database programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative structures for acquiring clients, providing service, establishing an efficient company culture, and offering highly competitive profit sharing have allowed us to become among the most rapidly expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in America and to build a worldwide presence for providing online IT service. If you are a certified computer support professional or network expert with a focus on a client service and strong communication skills, you will find in Progent an opportunity for increasing your professional skills, living a more independent career, and attaining financial success.
Find Out More Information About Working with Progent
Check out these pages to learn additional information about Progent's job opportunities, business philosophy, operational environment, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Positions at Progent
Progent is seeking a variety of on-staff workers such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network consultants; connectivity experts who have Cisco certification; and consultants for advanced system architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop environments, business continuity planning, data preservation, and virtual servers. We are also hiring desktop support technicians, off-site service professionals, and CISA or CISM certified security consultants. We are also hiring experienced managers and administrators who can perform efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Find out additional details concerning staff professional services work at Progent by going to Consulting Work at Progent.
Contract Opportunities with Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants who have proven knowledge and working experience in high-demand IT areas beyond our primary service concentration. Our Experts Group hires freelance consultants who offer advice and development support for line-of-business applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess specialized knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer expert help in technologies like telecom, web site design, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM programming and management. Independent consultants certified by Progent coordinate with our full-time engineers to deliver end-to-end IT services for small business networks. In order to find out additional details about contracting work with our Experts Consulting Group, refer to Contracting Opportunities with Progent.
Ways That We Are Exceptional
We have been able to recruit the top consulting talent by being unique. With a powerful blend of enterprising drive, commitment to customer satisfaction, utilization of advanced technical tools, plus an independent business model that accommodates life-style options for our consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic culture for talented individuals who posses a drive for rapidly improving their professional abilities to create concrete solutions for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Learn additional details about how Progent is exceptional by visiting Ways That We Are Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office model utilizes sophisticated technologies that support remote support, wireless communication, convenient availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with mobile colleagues to allow you to resolve challenging IT problems. Our virtual office model enables you to focus on delivering service rather than dealing with traffic and lets you nurture successful client relationships by enabling you to provide quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn additional information about our virtual office work environment, refer to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is entirely determined by the revenue you contribute. You have the choice of concentrating on life style and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's versatile structure to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable income through hard effort and lots of hours. Progent also offers full family health insurance as well as many additional benefits. Find out more details about Progent's compensation and benefit programs by visiting Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Employment at Progent FAQs
For replies to popular questions about being a consultant at Progent, visit Employment at Progent Questions and Answers.
The following is a list of our available job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a variety of small businesses to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details about Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize businesses maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and deployment projects. The right applicant would be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This position would require experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these platforms.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's broad selection of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Specifics on Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining crucial elements of engagement propositions that tie our deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing IT technology
If you want to enquire about any position shown above, you should send your background information to email@example.com. Please state the job codes of the jobs of interest.
Details Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Staff Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire full-time, results-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco certified network engineers who have CCIE credentials; security professionals who have CISSP or comparable security certification; and high-end system architecture experts with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, information protection, and VMware. Progent also is looking for employees who can join our staff of desktop service technicians and off-site troubleshooting experts. Also, Progent is seeking experienced managers who can operate productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated consultants, delivering world-class client services, and following a strong results-focused fee model, Progent has been able to increase our customer base dramatically while providing consulting services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common knowledge database, and a group strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a loyal customer base.
If you are an information technology professional with technical support experience, joining Progent or helping Progent's clients can expand your skills via cooperation with Progent's group of highly supportive, talented engineers. Progent's focus on providing network consulting and computer support to small organizations will offer you the opportunity to collaborate closely with key players and contribute appreciably to the success of dynamic businesses.
Progent is looking for technical professionals that have verifiable credentials in their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your MCSE certificate. For Cisco professionals, have your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should have you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other top security certifications. Naturally, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” However, simply because a certificate does not guarantee expertise is no justification for not having one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of those certifications should be no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients deserve to see certifications. Progent will market your skills, but you need to have basic certifications for us to work with. In case you are strongly against the idea of certifications, we can understand and honor your position, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Contract Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's consulting professionals have provided low-cost and successful computer consulting expertise for companies in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared technical knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have helped Progent to build a talented in-house team and quickly expand a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Team is our way to provide clients the services of specialized information technology support engineers who have in-depth skills and field background in important areas outside of our primary concentration in network support and security. Experts Team members are often freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by Progent to collaborate with our in-house engineers to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class network solutions to small and midsize businesses. We are continually enhancing our Experts Group to meet the special needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group now provides support in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Line-of-business and specialized program support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom applications development and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and customer information portal design and integration
- DBM support and efficiency consulting
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecom architecture support
Benefits of being a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you can take advantage of the momentum of our dramatic growth and excellent reputation in the industry. By having a team of talented and committed professionals, providing excellent customer care, and following a strong, value-focused pricing model, Progent has multiplied our clientele during the past few years and Progent currently delivers consulting services to hundreds of companies in California and across the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing team handles all aspects of marketing your skills and technical expertise into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you spend less time finding customers and extra time generating money.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who are the gateway to the key executives among our customers.
- Progent's selling and administration teams will manage the entire sales and contracting cycle, from opportunity identification, project approval, client requirements description, skills matching, project analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility is on delivering top-quality consulting service.
- We will gives you access to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, including professional meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to our vast knowledge base, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert network professionals.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, web connections to special vendor support tools and technical support resources, and downloadable internal use programs for training and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to become a member of our Experts Team, but we do have strict requirements for membership:
- You must show a strong background as a consultant operating on your own in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year record of completed consulting jobs and/or have an active client base for whom you currently provide ongoing consulting services.
- You have to demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of concentration, including showing an extensive work-related history and excellent referrals, and have up-to-date vendor and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You should be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You need to have strong inter-personal skills and understand how to work effectively alone or as part of a group.
- You should know how to explain proper goals to customers and fellow Progent team members and you should be able evaluate jobs, produce task plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's business climate will make you a more capable consultant by enhancing your technical knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the best consulting talent for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, running proprietary application utilities to deliver the maximum quality of service, and by optimizing proven business structures for finding and keeping clients.
The main factor that distinguishes Progent from other network support companies is the excellence of our consultants. Among the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited the best expertise across a broad range of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux, server virtualization, or other crucial application, we engage professionals who can enable you to be successful on major projects by combining the collective experience of Progent's group of experts.
To promote the success of our team, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful tools to do the work efficiently. Progent will exploit technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows seamless communications, cooperation, and information sharing with fellow Progent team members — entirely from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t waste time or lose revenue because of daily commutes to a conventional office building, and all driving you do for on-site client jobs is based on your own time table, not ours. The most attractive part is that much of Progent's consulting work can be done remotely, representing 100% productivity for billable time. In fact, some Progent staff do remote support only.
Progent's operations are geared towards responding quickly and effectively to customer needs via knowledge sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Even though Progent's consultants operate with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is unified, customer problems and solutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and organized for easy retrieval, up-to-date consultant schedules are published to facilitate team tasks and simplify problem escalation, and client satisfaction is continually monitored. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation through monthly workgroup conferences and regular corporate events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are located across California, however we are attracting a rapidly expanding team of network professionals throughout the United States. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional boundaries that restrict the productivity of traditional company models. We complete the package by providing a comprehensive employee care program to promote the health and economic security of our employees and their families.
Just as we have awesome consultants, our sales and operations groups live up to the high standards that is Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progent’s growth are enabling us to target and land the scores of new customers we are now acquiring each month. Progent recently celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing operation.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a key for success with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of network challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Customers choose consulting firms to do the “hard stuff.” Innovative projects, advanced implementations, vexing or chronic issues, and difficult migrations are the foundation for what we do every day. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for network professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by establishing strong client relationships and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their success. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused company from top to bottom. If you do not have strong people skills or like working with a diverse assortment of people, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good fit.
If all this seems right for you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our view of the future of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well designed and executed network is a pivotal piece for accelerating a firm's growth, and we apply this credo in our own system infrastructure. We have created a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that allows our staff engineers and authorized contractors to offer fast and efficient service, collaborate easily on sophisticated projects, and gain from professional and personal maturity from acting as part of an exciting company ethos of self motivation and freedom.