Among America's premier network consultant companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a large team of certified service experts who focus on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP solutions
- System security analysis
- Advanced connectivity infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and system administration
Our Experts Group, which includes freelance consultants premier and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally refined knowledge in a wide variety of critical business areas and networking technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- BI consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web application design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and DBA consulting
- Office Access application programming, migration and training
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Innovative models for attracting clients, delivering support, nurturing an efficient working environment, and providing generous compensation and benefits have allowed us to be one of the most rapidly expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the U.S. and to build a worldwide organization for delivering remote IT assistance. If you are a certified IT support professional or network expert with a focus on a client success and excellent communication skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent a chance for increasing your professional skills, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving financial security.
Find Out Additional Information Concerning Working at Progent
Check out these links to find out additional details concerning Progent's work opportunities, business culture, work conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Consulting Work at Progent
Progent is seeking a variety of full-time professionals including motivated Microsoft MCSE computer consultants; connectivity experts with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and consultants for advanced network architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability systems, business continuity planning, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent is also hiring workstation support experts, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP certified security consultants. We are also looking for veteran managers and administrators who can perform efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Find out additional information concerning full-time professional services jobs at Progent by going to Consulting Positions at Progent.
Freelance Jobs with Progent
Progent works with independent consultants who have specialized knowledge and field experience in high-demand IT areas outside our primary technical focus. Progent's Experts Team employs freelance consultants who can provide consulting and development services for strategic applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have specialized expertise with popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer world-class skills in areas such as telecom, web development, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM development and administration. Freelance contractors certified by us coordinate with our full-time professionals to deliver end-to-end IT services for small and midsize company networks. If you want to learn additional information about freelance opportunities with our Experts Team, go to Contracting Jobs with Progent.
Ways That We Are Exceptional
Progent has been able to attract the top consulting experts by being different. With a powerful blend of enterprising spirit, commitment to customer satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technology, and a flexible work model that allows for quality-of-life options for our consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic environment for select individuals who posses a desire for rapidly improving their technical abilities to create real-world solutions for a variety of businesses and network environments. Learn additional details about ways that Progent is exceptional by visiting Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office environment incorporates state-of-the-art technologies that enable remote support, wireless connectivity, convenient access to our support databases, and close collaboration with mobile colleagues to allow you to handle challenging IT problems. Progent's virtual office model frees consultants to focus on delivering service rather than dealing with commutes and helps consultants nurture successful client relationships by permitting you to provide fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. In order to find out additional details concerning Progent's virtual office infrastructure, see Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is wholly based on the revenue you generate. Consultants have the option of focusing on life style and electing to consult at an easy pace, using our versatile schedule to make time for personal pursuits, or you can choose to earn considerable money by persistent work and long consulting time. Progent also provides full family health insurance as well as numerous other benefits. Find out additional details about our compensation model and benefits by going to Progent Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Employment at Progent FAQs
To see answers to frequent enquiries concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, go to Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Below is a description of Progent's present job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a range of small and midsize businesses to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Engineer Job
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small organizations maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Job
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange design and implementation projects. The ideal candidate would be a computer consultant with expertise in Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This role demands experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these platforms.
More information about Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
More information about Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating key elements of consulting propositions that associate our deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving IT technology
If you would like to enquire about any position listed above, you should e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Please include the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
Details Concerning Opportunities with Us
Career Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent wants to find staff-level, results-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco certified system consultants who have Cisco CCIE certification; security consultants who have CISM or comparable security credentials; and advanced network architecture consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high availability, workplace recovery, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks employees who can join our staff of desktop support technicians and remote troubleshooting experts. In addition, Progent is seeking talented managers able to perform effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of talented and motivated consultants, delivering attentive customer care, and following a strong results-focused fee model, Progent has managed to increase our customer base dramatically while providing professional support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common knowledge database, and a team strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a talented staff and a satisfied client list.
If you are an information technology professional with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's clients will expand your skills through interaction with our group of highly supportive, talented engineers. Our focus on delivering network expertise and technical help to small companies will give you the chance to collaborate closely with decision makers and add appreciably to the success of exciting companies.
We are hiring technical professionals who have verifiable credentials related to their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft MCSE credential. For Cisco professionals, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security credentials. Of course, Progent is aware of "paper experts". Notwithstanding, simply because a credential does not ensure expertise is no excuse for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then most of these tests should present no great difficulty. The point is that if you are a professional, then clients expect certifications. Progent will promote your talents, but you need to have a baseline of certifications for us to market. If you stand adamantly opposed to the concept of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are likely not a good fit.
Freelance Work for premier Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's consulting engineers have offered low-cost and effective network consulting services for small businesses in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared support database, and a team approach to problem resolution have enabled us to retain a strong consulting group and quickly grow a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide customers the services of expert information technology consulting engineers who have advanced skills and work background in important technologies outside of our core concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are often independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by Progent to work closely with Progent's in-house consultants to provide comprehensive, world-class network services to small companies. Progent is continually enhancing the Experts Group in order to meet the particular needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team now offers support in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Line-of-business and specialized application help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom program development and integration
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and customer information portal development and integration
- Database support and efficiency help
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecom systems support
Advantages of being part of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you can benefit from the momentum of Progent's dramatic expansion and top-notch recognition in the marketplace. By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, offering excellent client support, and following a strong, ROI-focused pricing structure, Progent has multiplied our customer base during the past few years and Progent currently delivers professoinal support to hundreds of companies in California and across the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing team handles all aspects of promoting your skills and technical knowledge into our quickly growing client base, so you expend less time finding customers and more time generating revenue.
- We will facilitate communications between you and our key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who are the conduit to the influential managers among our clients.
- Our selling and administration staffs will manage the entire selling and contracting process, from lead identification, project approval, customer requirements definition, skills matching, job scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus stays with providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will gives you access to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including convenient conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm access throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, library of professional documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest pool of experienced consulting engineers.
- We will share partner-only benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line connections to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical support resources, and downloadable in-house use software for education or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become part of our Experts Group, but Progent has the following qualifications for membership:
- You need to have a proven track record as a consulting professional working on your own in your area of expertise, including at least a two year history of successful contracting projects and/or have an active customer base for whom you currently deliver ongoing support activity.
- You need to demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of specialization, which includes showing a long work-related history and strong references, and possess current vendor and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You must be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You must have excellent communications skills and know how to operate efficiently alone or as a member of a group.
- You should know how to explain realistic expectations to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you should know how analyze tasks, create project plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a better consultant by improving your information technology knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the top professional experts for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art system architecture, running custom application tools to deliver the highest level of service, and by optimizing proven operational models for attracting and retaining customers.
The main factor that separates Progent from typical network support companies is the high caliber of our consultants. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have joined Progent, we have recruited top talent covering a broad array of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Mac, Linux, virtual servers, or other key technologies, we engage experts who can enable you to be successful on major projects by combining the collective skills of our group of experts.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's team, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful technology to perform the work efficiently. Progent will leverage information technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office environment enables effortless communications, collaboration, and information sharing with fellow Progent team members — entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or lose revenue because of daily commutes to a physical office, and any travel you do for on-site client jobs is determined by your own schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that most of our consulting services can be done off-site, offering 100% productivity for billable hours. In practice, some Progent staff do remote support only.
Progent's operations are geared towards reacting quickly and efficiently to client requirements via knowledge exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Even though our engineers work with a high level of freedom, dispatching is centralized, client issues and solutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and organized for convenient reference, up-to-date engineer availability is broadcast to facilitate team tasks and enable trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is continually evaluated. We strengthen the sense of connection via periodic team conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are located throughout California, but Progent is building a quickly expanding group of network professionals throughout the U.S. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional obstacles that limit the efficiency of traditional business models. We complete the package by providing a comprehensive employee care plan to promote the physical health and financial welfare of our team members and their families.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and operations teams live up to the excellence that is Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progent’s growth are helping us to target and sign up the scores of new customers we are currently acquiring each month. We recently celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective marketing organization.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of network challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Customers choose consultants to do the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, advanced implementations, puzzling or entrenched problems, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for network professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every day excited about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will meet some great people, both by establishing strong customer contacts and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented company heart and soul. If you don’t offer strong communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied group of people, then we are in all likelihood a poor fit.
If all this sounds good to you, we urge you to contact us about our view of the future of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully designed and executed information system can be a crucial piece for enabling a company's growth, and Progent applies this credo in our corporate network environment. Progent has created a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows our in-house engineers and authorized contractors to deliver fast and efficient service, collaborate closely on sophisticated projects, and experience career and private growth by being part of a dynamic business ethos of self motivation and freedom.