Among the top network consultant firms for business networks, Progent maintains a large team of certified support professionals who concentrate on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security consulting
- Sophisticated system infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and system administration
Progent's Experts Group, which includes independent experts premier and managed by Progent, offers highly refined knowledge in a broad variety of critical business applications and networking solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based app development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and DBA consulting
- Office Access application programming, migration and training
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Creative models for attracting clients, delivering service, maintaining a dynamic company culture, and providing highly competitive profit sharing have allowed us to be one of the fastest growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the U.S. and to establish an international presence for providing remote network support. If you are an accredited IT technician or information technology expert with a focus on a client success and excellent communication skills, you will discover Progent a chance for increasing your professional skills, living a more independent career, and achieving economic success.
Find Out Additional Information About Working at Progent
Follow these pages to find out more details about Progent's work opportunities, company culture, work environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Work at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of full-time workers including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer engineers; network experts with Cisco CCIE credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant system architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop systems, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent is also looking for workstation support experts, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP or CISA certified security consultants. We are also looking for veteran managers and administrators able to operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office model. Find out additional information about staff professional services positions at Progent by referring to Consulting Positions at Progent.
Contracting Jobs at Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals with in-depth expertise and field experience in important IT areas beyond our primary technical focus. Our Experts Group hires independent consultants who can provide consulting and development services for line-of-business applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess in-depth expertise with popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide world-class skills in areas such as telecommunications, web site development, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and administration. Freelance contractors certified by Progent cooperate with our in-house professionals to deliver comprehensive IT services for small business networks. If you want to find out additional details concerning freelance jobs with our Experts Consulting Group, refer to Contract Jobs with Progent.
Ways That We Are Unique
We have managed to recruit the best professional talent by being different. With an innovative blend of enterprising spirit, insistence on customer success, utilization of advanced technology, plus a flexible business structure that allows for quality-of-life choices for Progent's team members, Progent offers a dynamic setting for select consultants who posses a desire for rapidly improving their professional skills to deliver concrete benefits for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Find out more information about reasons Progent is different by going to How Progent Is Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office network uses state-of-the-art technical tools that allow off-site support, wireless connectivity, easy availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with talented team members to help you to resolve business-critical network issues. Progent's virtual office setting enables you to focus on providing IT solutions rather than fighting traffic and lets you build successful customer relationships by enabling you to provide fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to find out more details about Progent's virtual office business model, visit Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you make is wholly tied to what you contribute. You have the choice of focusing on quality of life and choosing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing our versatile structure to make time for personal pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to make considerable income through hard work and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers full family health care insurance as well as numerous additional benefits. Find out additional details concerning our compensation model and benefit packages by visiting Our Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Jobs at Progent FAQs
To see replies to popular questions about becoming employed by Progent, go to Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
This is a description of our available job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small organizations to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details about Desktop Engineer Job
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize organizations manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange expert to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment projects. The ideal applicant would be a technical consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This role calls for experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
More information on Sr. Exchange Consultant Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive portfolio of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating crucial components of engagement proposals which align our services with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining good relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving IT technology
If you want to apply for any job shown above, you should e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to state the code numbers of the positions of interest.
Additional Facts About Jobs at Progent
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to find full-time, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco accredited system consultants who have Cisco CCIE certification; security consultants who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security credentials; and high-end network architecture experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high availability, disaster recovery, data preservation, and VMware. Progent also is looking for professionals to work on our staff of help desk support technicians and remote support professionals. In addition, We are seeking talented managers who can perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of talented and motivated professionals, providing attentive customer services, and following a competitive value-based pricing structure, We have managed to expand our client base rapidly while delivering professional services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared information database, and a group strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a skilled staff and a satisfied customer base.
For an information technology professional with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or helping Progent's clients can expand your knowledge via interaction with our staff of highly supportive, expert engineers. Our focus on delivering information technology expertise and technical support to small and midsize companies will give you the chance to work intimately with key players and add significantly to the success of exciting businesses.
We are looking for consultants that can show verifiable certification in their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. In the case of Cisco consultants, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or one of the other leading security credentials. Naturally, we are familiar with "paper experts". Still, the fact that a certificate does not ensure excellence is no justification for not owning one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of those tests should be no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself an expert, then clients deserve to see certifications. We can market your skills, but you should have standard credentials for Progent to work with. In case you are adamantly opposed to the idea of credentials, Progent can understand and honor your opinion, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Freelance Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, our computer professionals have provided affordable and successful network consulting services for small businesses in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common support knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have enabled us to build a strong consulting group and quickly expand a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Team is our way to offer clients the services of specialized computer consulting engineers who have in-depth knowledge and field experience in important areas beyond our primary concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are typically independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by Progent to work closely with our staff engineers to deliver end-to-end, world-class network solutions to small companies. Progent is continually expanding the Experts Team in order to meet the particular requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Group currently offers support in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Line-of-business and specialized application support
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special program development and integration
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and client information portal design and integration
- Database management and performance consulting
- Business information expertise
- Telecom systems support
Benefits of becoming a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you can take advantage of the momentum of our explosive expansion and top-notch recognition in the industry. By having a group of talented and dedicated professionals, offering attentive customer care, and practicing a proven, value-oriented pricing structure, Progent has multiplied our customer base over the last several years and Progent currently delivers professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in California and across the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff takes care of all facets of marketing your skills and areas of knowledge into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you spend less effort finding clients and extra time making revenue.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who are the conduit to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Progent's selling and operations groups will manage the entire selling and engagement cycle, from lead generation, project qualification, customer requirements definition, skills matching, project analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus stays with delivering high-level consulting service.
- Progent will provide you access to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including convenient meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive knowledge base, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the shared expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of expert information technology engineers.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, on-line connections to special vendor support utilities and product support resources, and on-line internal use software for education or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to be a member of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have these qualifications to join:
- You must have a proven background as a consultant operating on your own in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year history of completed consulting jobs and/or have an active client base for which you now provide continuing consulting activity.
- You should demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of concentration, including having an extensive work-related record and excellent references, and have up-to-date vendor or industry professional qualifications.
- You must know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You must have excellent communications skills and be able to operate successfully by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You have to be able to communicate proper expectations to customers and fellow Progent team members and you need to be able evaluate jobs, create project plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a more capable consultant by enhancing your technical knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the best consulting talent for you to operate with, offering an advanced network and communications infrastructure, running custom application tools to deliver the highest quality of service, and by streamlining proven business structures for finding and maintaining customers.
The main factor that distinguishes Progent from most consulting firms is the high caliber of our support professionals. Among the scores of consultants who have joined Progent, we have recruited the best expertise covering a broad array of technologies. Whether itís Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Mac, Linux, server virtualization, or other key areas, we engage experts who can enable you to be effective on major jobs by combining the collective skills of Progent's group of experts.
To ensure the success of our team, we invest heavily in providing the best tools to perform the work properly. We will exploit technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables effortless connectivity, cooperation, and information exchange with other Progent consultants ó entirely from home-based or mobile offices. You donít waste time or forfeit revenue with regular drives to a conventional office building, and all travel you do for on-site customer work is based on your own schedule, not ours. The best part is that much of our consulting services can be performed remotely, representing 100% efficiency for income-producing time. In practice, some Progent team members do remote consulting only.
Progent's operations are geared towards responding quickly and effectively to customer requirements via information exchange and collaborative problem solving. Even though Progent's engineers work with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is centralized, customer problems and solutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and archived for convenient retrieval, current consultant schedules are published to streamline team tasks and simplify problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually monitored. We reinforce the sense of cooperation through monthly workgroup meetings and regular corporate events.
The majority of our consultants are situated throughout California, however Progent is building a rapidly expanding team of network professionals from across America. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates geographic obstacles that restrict the efficiency of traditional business models. We enhance the deal by providing a full benefit plan to promote the health and economic security of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, our marketing and operations teams match the excellence that is Progent. These top-notch factors behind our growth are enabling us to identify and land the 50-60 new clients we are currently acquiring every month. Progent lately celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective marketing operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with us. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a steady series of network challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Customers choose a consultant to perform the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, advanced deployments, puzzling or chronic problems, and difficult upgrades are the basis for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for network engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will work with some great people, both by establishing strong customer contacts and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused organization through and through. If you donít have strong communications skills or enjoy working with a diverse assortment of people, then we are in all likelihood a poor match.
If this sounds good to you, we invite you to talk to us about our view of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully architected and executed network is a crucial factor for accelerating any company's growth, and Progent applies this credo in our corporate network infrastructure. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's staff engineers and certified contractors to offer fast and effective support, cooperate closely on sophisticated jobs, and experience professional and private growth from acting as part of a dynamic business culture of personal drive and freedom.