Among the top network consultant firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a large team of talented service experts who focus on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security analysis
- Advanced system infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and system management
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts freelance consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, provides highly refined knowledge covering a wide range of critical business applications and network technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- BI expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based application development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and management help
- Microsoft Office Access application development, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 custom training
Innovative models for attracting customers, providing support, establishing an efficient company culture, and offering highly competitive compensation have allowed us to be among the most rapidly expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the U.S. and to build a worldwide presence for delivering remote network support. If you are an accredited computer support professional or network expert with a drive for a client service and strong communication skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional skills, developing a more independent career, and achieving economic security.
Learn More Information Concerning Jobs at Progent
Check out these links to find out additional details about Progent's work opportunities, business culture, operational conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Work at Progent
Progent is hiring a range of full-time workers such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE computer engineers; network experts with Cisco certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant network architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop systems, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent is also seeking workstation support technicians, off-site service specialists, and CISSP accredited security engineers. Progent is also hiring veteran managers who can perform efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Learn more information about full-time professional services positions at Progent by going to Full-time Work at Progent.
Contracting Work with Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants who have proven expertise and working experience in important information technology topics outside our main service focus. Progent's Experts Group hires independent consultants who offer advice and development services for line-of-business solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess deep knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer world-class skills in technologies such as telecommunications, web design, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and administration. Freelance contractors certified by Progent coordinate with our in-house consultants to deliver comprehensive solutions for small company networks. If you want to find out additional details concerning contracting jobs with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, refer to Contracting Work at Progent.
How We Are Different
Progent has been able to recruit the best consulting experts by being unique. With a powerful mix of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to customer satisfaction, use of advanced technical tools, plus a flexible work model that allows for life-style choices for Progent's team members, Progent offers a dynamic culture for talented consultants who posses a desire for rapidly enhancing their technical skills to create real-world solutions for a range of organizations and technical environments. Learn more details about ways that Progent is different by going to How Progent Is Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office environment utilizes sophisticated technologies that enable off-site access, wireless communication, easy availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with talented colleagues to help you to deal with challenging network problems. Our virtual office setting enables you to focus on delivering IT solutions rather than fighting traffic and lets you nurture successful client relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, effective, and affordable solutions. In order to find out additional details about our virtual office work environment, refer to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is wholly determined by the revenue you generate. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and electing to work at an easy pace, using our flexible structure to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to earn significant money by persistent effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers comprehensive family health care insurance as well as numerous additional benefits. Learn more about Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by visiting Our Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers
To see answers to popular enquiries concerning becoming employed by Progent, refer to Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers.
Here is a description of our available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small businesses maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Jobs
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Exchange design and deployment projects. The right candidate should be a computer consultant with expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This position demands experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these technologies.
Details on Sr. Exchange Expert Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating crucial components of consulting propositions which align our deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually changing IT technology
If you would like to enquire about any position shown above, you should e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Please include the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
Details Concerning Work with Us
Fulltime Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Help Technicians
Progent wants to find fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco accredited system consultants with CCIE certification; security consultants with CISA or equivalent security certification; and advanced network design experts with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, service continuity, workplace recovery, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring professionals who can work on our team of helpdesk service specialists and off-site support professionals. In addition, Progent is seeking talented managers who can perform productively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and motivated consultants, delivering attentive customer care, and following a strong value-focused pricing model, Progent has been able to increase our client base rapidly while delivering consulting services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared knowledge database, and a team strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a loyal client list.
If you are a network professional with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's clients can enhance your knowledge via interaction with Progent's staff of mutually supportive, talented consultants. Progent's focus on providing network expertise and technical support to small companies will offer you the opportunity to work closely with decision makers and add significantly to the success of dynamic companies.
Progent is hiring technical professionals who can show recognized certification related to their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco experts, have your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should show you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security credentials. Naturally, Progent is aware of "paper experts". Notwithstanding, the fact that a certificate can not guarantee expertise is no excuse for not having one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of these tests should present no challenge. The point is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then customers expect certifications. We can broadcast your talents, but you should have standard certifications for Progent to work with. If you stand strongly opposed to the concept of certifications, we can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Work for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, our computer engineers have offered low-cost and effective computer consulting services for small businesses in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared support knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have helped us to retain a talented in-house team and quickly grow a loyal customer base.
The Experts Group is our way to provide customers the services of specialized information technology support professionals who have in-depth knowledge and work background in important technologies outside of Progent's core focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are typically independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by us to work closely with our staff engineers to provide end-to-end, world-class information technology solutions to small and midsize companies. Progent is always expanding the Experts Group in order to meet the particular needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team now offers support in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Mission-critical and vertical program support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Custom applications design and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal development and integration
- SQL management and performance consulting
- Management information expertise
- Telecom systems consulting
Benefits of becoming part of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you can leverage the impact of our dramatic expansion and excellent recognition in the market. By having a team of talented and committed professionals, providing excellent customer care, and following a proven, ROI-focused pricing model, we have multiplied our clientele during the past several years and Progent now provides professoinal services to hundreds of companies in and throughout the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing staff handles all facets of marketing your skills and areas of expertise into our quickly expanding customer base, so you spend less time signing up customers and more time making money.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and our key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who are the conduit to the influential managers among Progent's clients.
- Our sales and administration staffs will take care of the complete selling and engagement process, from opportunity generation, project qualification, client requirements description, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility is on delivering high-level consulting service.
- We will provide you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including convenient meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's vast knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced consulting engineers.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line connections to restricted vendor support tools and technical support resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for training or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to be a member of our Experts Team, but Progent has these qualifications for membership:
- You must have a proven background as a consultant working on your own in your area of specialization, including at least a two year record of successful contracting projects or you must have an active customer base to which you now provide ongoing support activity.
- You must show that you have expertise in your area of concentration, including showing a long task-relevant record and strong referrals, and possess up-to-date vendor and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You need to know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You must have strong communications skills and be able to operate successfully by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You should know how to communicate proper expectations to clients and other Progent team members and you have to be able evaluate projects, create task plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Network Engineers
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a better consulting professional by improving your information technology skills and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the top professional experts for you to work with, providing an advanced system infrastructure, running specialized software tools to deliver the maximum level of service, and by optimizing proven operational structures for attracting and keeping customers.
The main factor that distinguishes Progent from most network support firms is the high caliber of our service staff. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have joined Progent, we have assembled top expertise across a broad range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other key technologies, we deploy experts who can help you to be successful on major projects by leveraging the collective skills of Progent's team of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's team, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful tools to perform the job properly. We will exploit technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables effortless communications, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent team members — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit income with regular commutes to a physical office building, and all driving you do for in-person customer work is based on your own time table, not ours. The most attractive part is that most of Progent's consulting work can be performed remotely, representing 100% efficiency for income-producing time. In practice, some Progent staff do remote consulting only.
Progent's operations are geared towards reacting rapidly and efficiently to customer needs through information exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Even though our consultants operate with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is unified, customer issues and solutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and organized for convenient reference, current engineer availability is broadcast to streamline group projects and enable problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of connection through monthly team meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's team is situated throughout California, however Progent is building a rapidly expanding team of network professionals from across the United States. Our virtual office environment does away with regional boundaries that limit the efficiency of traditional company models. We complete the package by offering a comprehensive employee care program to promote the health and financial security of our employees and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, our sales and administration groups live up to the excellence that characterizes Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progent’s growth are enabling us to target and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are now acquiring every month. Progent lately celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective sales organization.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a steady series of technical challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Clients rely on a consultant to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, leading-edge implementations, vexing or entrenched issues, and difficult upgrades are the basis for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for network professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every morning excited about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by establishing strong customer relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented company through and through. If you don’t have strong communications skills or like working with a diverse assortment of personalities, then Progent is probably a poor fit.
If this seems good to you, we invite you to contact Progent about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully architected and executed network can be a pivotal piece for enabling any company's success, and we apply this belief in our own system environment. Progent has built a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's in-house engineers and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and effective support, cooperate closely on sophisticated jobs, and gain from professional and private maturity by acting as part of an exciting business ethos of self motivation and independence.