Among America's premier network consulting companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a full-time team of certified service professionals who focus on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Enterprise security expertise
- Advanced connectivity architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and network management
Our Experts Group, which contracts freelance experts certified and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally refined skills covering a broad range of vital business areas and network solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based application development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and management help
- Microsoft Office Access application development, migration and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative models for acquiring clients, providing support, maintaining a dynamic company culture, and offering generous profit sharing have enabled us to become one of the most rapidly growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant firms in America and to establish a worldwide organization for delivering remote network service. If you are a certified computer technician or information technology consultant with a drive for a customer service and excellent people skills, you should consider Progent a chance for increasing your technical skills, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving economic success.
Find Out More Information Concerning Jobs with Progent
Follow these links to learn more details about our work openings, company philosophy, work conditions, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Work at Progent
We are hiring a variety of full-time employees including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer consultants; connectivity consultants with Cisco certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant network design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability systems, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent is also looking for workstation support experts, off-site service specialists, and CISM or CISSP certified security engineers. We are also seeking veteran managers and administrators who can perform efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out more details concerning full-time consulting work at Progent by going to Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Contracting Work with Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants who have proven expertise and hands-on experience in high-demand information technology areas outside Progent's primary technical focus. Our Experts Group hires freelance consultants who offer consulting and programming services for strategic applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess in-depth expertise with popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide expert skills in areas like telecom, web design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and administration. Independent consultants certified by us coordinate with Progent's staff consultants to deliver end-to-end IT services for small and midsize business networks. If you want to learn additional details concerning contract opportunities with our Experts Team, refer to Contracting Jobs at Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Different
Progent has been able to attract the top consulting talent by being unique. Providing a powerful mix of entrepreneurial spirit, commitment to client satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, and an independent work structure that offers life-style choices for Progent's team members, Progent creates a dynamic culture for select individuals who posses a desire for quickly enhancing their technical abilities to create real-world solutions for a range of organizations and network environments. Find out additional details concerning reasons Progent is unique by referring to Ways That We Are Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office network uses sophisticated technologies that enable off-site support, wireless communication, convenient availability of our knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with talented colleagues to allow you to handle business-critical network issues. Progent's virtual office network frees you to focus on delivering service rather than fighting commutes and lets consultants establish lasting client relationships by permitting you to provide fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn more details about Progent's virtual office business model, go to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is entirely determined by the revenue you generate. You have the option of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to work at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's versatile structure to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can choose to earn significant income by hard work and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers complete family health insurance as well as many additional benefits. Learn more concerning our compensation and benefit packages by going to Progent Compensation Model and Benefits.
Employment at Progent Q&A
For answers to frequent enquiries concerning becoming employed by Progent, go to Working with Progent FAQs.
Below is a list of our available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information on Desktop Engineer Jobs
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small businesses manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Job
Sr. Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The ideal applicant should be a computer consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This role calls for experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
More information on Sr. Exchange Expert Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's comprehensive portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Specifics about Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating crucial elements of service propositions which associate our deliverables with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing IT technology
If you would like to apply for any opening shown above, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the code numbers of the positions of interest.
More Information About Jobs at Progent
Career Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE credentials; Cisco accredited network consultants who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security consultants who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security certification; and advanced system architecture consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high availability, business continuity, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring professionals who can work on Progent's staff of desktop support specialists and remote troubleshooting professionals. In addition, Progent is seeking experienced managers able to perform productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of talented and dedicated professionals, providing attentive client services, and following a competitive results-based fee model, We have been able to increase our client list rapidly while delivering consulting services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common information base, and a team strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied customer base.
If you are a network professional with technical support expertise, joining Progent or helping Progent's clients will enhance your skills via cooperation with Progent's group of mutually supportive, talented consultants. Our commitment to delivering network consulting and technical help to small companies will offer you the opportunity to collaborate closely with decision makers and contribute significantly to the growth of exciting companies.
We are looking for consultants who have recognized certification related to their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco consultants, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other leading security certifications. Naturally, Progent is aware of "paper experts". However, simply because a credential can not guarantee excellence is no reason for not earning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of these certifications should be no challenge. The bottom line is that if you call yourself an expert, then customers expect credentials. Progent can market your skills, but you must provide a baseline of credentials for Progent to market. In case you happen to be strongly against the concept of certifications, we can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Contract Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's consulting professionals have offered low-cost and effective computer consulting expertise for small businesses in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared technical knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have helped Progent to build a talented staff and dramatically expand a loyal client base.
The Experts Team is our way to offer customers the services of specialized information technology consulting professionals who have in-depth skills and work experience in key technologies outside of Progent's core focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are often independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by us to work closely with our in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class network services to small and midsize companies. Progent is continually expanding our Experts Group in order to meet the particular requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Team currently offers consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Strategic and vertical application help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Special program development and integration
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal design and deployment
- DBM management and efficiency consulting
- Management information expertise
- Telecommunications architecture support
Benefits of becoming a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you can benefit from the impact of our dramatic growth and top-notch recognition in the industry. By having a group of talented and committed consultants, providing excellent customer care, and following a proven, value-oriented pricing model, Progent has multiplied our clientele during the last few years and Progent currently provides professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff handles all facets of marketing your services and areas of expertise into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you spend less effort signing up clients and extra time making money.
- We will assist in communications between you and our core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who are the conduit to the influential managers among our customers.
- Progent's selling and operations staffs will manage the complete sales and contracting cycle, from lead identification, project approval, client requirements definition, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire focus is on providing top-quality consulting service.
- We will gives you connections to our advanced virtual office environment, offering convenient conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our vast database, procedures based on leading practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest pool of experienced consulting engineers.
- We will share special benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, on-line connections to special vendor troubleshooting tools and technical support resources, and on-line in-house use programs for education or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to become a member of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have these requirements to join:
- You should have a strong track record as a consulting professional operating on your own in your area of expertise, including at least a two year record of successful consulting jobs and/or have your own active customer base for which you now provide continuing consulting activity.
- You have to demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of specialization, including having a long work-related history and strong references, and have current manufacturer and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You must know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You should have strong communications skills and understand how to operate successfully alone or as a member of a group.
- You need to be able to articulate realistic expectations to clients and other Progent consultants and you have to know how scope out jobs, produce task plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a better professional by enhancing your technical skills and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the top consulting experts for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art system architecture, running custom software utilities to deliver the highest quality of service, and by optimizing proven business structures for finding and maintaining clients.
The most important factor that distinguishes Progent from most network support firms is the excellence of our support professionals. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have joined us, we have assembled the best talent across a broad array of technologies. Whether itís Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other vital areas, we engage experts who can enable you to be effective on larger projects by combining the aggregate experience of Progent's team of experts.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful technology to perform the job efficiently. Progent will leverage information technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables seamless connectivity, collaboration, and information exchange with fellow Progent team members ó all from at-home or mobile offices. You donít waste time or forfeit income because of regular commutes to a physical office, and all travel you do for in-person client work is determined by your own time table, not Progent's. The best benefit is that much of our support services can be performed off-site, representing maximum productivity for billable time. In practice, some of our staff do remote consulting exclusively.
Progent's operations are set up for responding rapidly and efficiently to customer needs via information exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Even though our consultants operate with a high level of independence, dispatching is unified, customer problems and solutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and organized for easy reference, current engineer schedules are published to facilitate team projects and simplify trouble escalation, and customer approval is always monitored. We reinforce the feeling of connection via periodic workgroup meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of Progent's team is situated across California, but Progent is attracting a rapidly expanding team of consulting professionals from across America. Progent's virtual office environment does away with geographic boundaries that limit the productivity of traditional business structures. We complete the deal by offering a full employee care plan to promote the health and economic welfare of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, our marketing and operations groups live up to the excellence that is Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progentís growth are enabling us to target and land the 50-60 new clients we are now engaging every month. We lately marked the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong marketing operation.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of network challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Customers choose a consultant to do the ďhard stuff.Ē Innovative tasks, leading-edge deployments, vexing or entrenched issues, and difficult migrations are the foundation for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for computer engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by establishing close client relationships and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused company heart and soul. If you donít offer strong communications skills or enjoy working with a varied group of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good match.
If this seems good to you, we invite you to talk to us about our view of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well designed and implemented information system can be a pivotal factor for enabling any company's growth, and Progent follows this philosophy in our own network infrastructure. Progent has created a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that enables our in-house consultants and authorized contractors to offer rapid and effective service, collaborate closely on sophisticated jobs, and gain from professional and personal maturity from acting as a member of a dynamic company culture of self motivation and independence.