Among the top network consultant companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a large team of certified support professionals who focus on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP products
- Enterprise security analysis
- Sophisticated system architecture
- Remote IT support and system management
Our Experts Team, which includes independent consultants certified and managed by Progent, provides highly refined knowledge in a broad variety of critical business areas and network technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- BI expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based app design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and management consulting
- Office Access application development, migration and troubleshooting
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Innovative structures for finding clients, delivering service, nurturing a dynamic working environment, and offering generous profit sharing have allowed Progent to become among the fastest expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the United States and to build a worldwide presence for delivering online IT expertise. If you are a certified IT technician or information technology consultant with a focus on a client service and strong people skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent a chance for enhancing your professional skills, living a more independent career, and achieving financial security.
Learn Additional Information Concerning Jobs at Progent
Follow these pages to learn more information concerning our work opportunities, company culture, operational conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Full-time Careers at Progent
We are hiring a variety of full-time professionals such as motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer engineers; connectivity consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant system architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop systems, business continuity planning, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent is also hiring desktop support experts, remote service professionals, and CISA certified security professionals. Progent is also seeking veteran managers and administrators able to perform effectively in our dynamic, virtual office model. Find out additional details about staff professional services work at Progent by visiting Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contracting Work with Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants who have proven expertise and working experience in important information technology topics beyond our primary service focus. Progent's Experts Group employs independent consultants who offer advice and programming services for line-of-business applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have in-depth expertise with popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide expert skills in technologies like telecom, web development, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and management. Independent consultants premier by Progent coordinate with Progent's in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end IT services for small and midsize company networks. If you want to find out additional details about contracting opportunities with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, refer to Freelance Opportunities with Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Unique
Progent has managed to recruit the top consulting experts by being unique. With an innovative mix of enterprising spirit, dedication to customer success, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus an independent work structure that allows for life-style choices for our consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic environment for talented individuals who posses a desire for rapidly enhancing their technical abilities to deliver real-world benefits for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Learn more details concerning ways that Progent is exceptional by referring to How Progent Is Unique.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office environment incorporates state-of-the-art technologies that allow off-site support, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of our support databases, and instant collaboration with talented colleagues to help you to solve business-critical IT problems. Progent's virtual office model frees consultants to focus on providing service instead of dealing with commutes and lets you establish lasting customer relationships by enabling you to provide quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn more information concerning Progent's virtual office work environment, visit Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefits
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is wholly determined by what you contribute. You have the option of focusing on life style and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's flexible schedule to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to make considerable money by persistent work and long hours. Progent also offers complete family health insurance plus numerous additional benefits. Learn additional details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefits by going to Progent Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Consulting at Progent FAQs
To see answers to frequent questions about being a consultant at Progent, refer to Consulting at Progent Q&A.
This is a list of some available job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Job
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small organizations manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Job
Senior Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The ideal applicant would be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This position demands a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these platforms.
Specifics about Sr. Exchange Expert Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive selection of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Specifics about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining key elements of engagement proposals which associate our deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing IT technology
If you wish to ask about any position listed above, please e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
Details Concerning Opportunities with Us
Career Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to find fulltime, results-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP certification; Cisco accredited system engineers who have CCIE credentials; security consultants with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security certification; and advanced system architecture consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high uptime, business continuity, information preservation, and VMware. Progent also seeks employees who can work on our staff of help desk service specialists and remote support professionals. Also, Progent is seeking talented managers able to perform productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and motivated consultants, delivering attentive customer care, and following a strong value-based pricing structure, We have managed to increase our customer list rapidly while delivering professional services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common knowledge base, and a team approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a talented staff and a satisfied customer base.
If you are an information technology consultant with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or helping our clients can enhance your knowledge through cooperation with Progent's staff of highly team-oriented, talented engineers. Progent's focus on providing network expertise and technical help to small companies will offer you the chance to work intimately with key players and add significantly to the success of exciting companies.
We are looking for technical professionals who have verifiable certification in their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or other leading security credentials. Of course, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, the fact that a certificate can not guarantee expertise is no justification for not owning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of those certifications should be no challenge. The point is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then customers deserve to see credentials. We will promote your skills, but you must have a baseline of certifications for us to market. If you happen to be adamantly against the idea of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's information technology engineers have provided affordable and successful network consulting expertise for companies in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared support database, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have helped us to retain a talented staff and dramatically expand a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Team is our way to offer clients the services of expert information technology support professionals who have advanced skills and field experience in important areas outside of Progent's core concentration in network support and security. Experts Team members are often freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly certified by Progent to work closely with our staff engineers to provide comprehensive, world-class information technology solutions to small and midsize businesses. Progent is always enhancing the Experts Team in order to meet the special needs of our clients.
Our Experts Team now provides support in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Line-of-business and specialized program help
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom applications design and deployment
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and customer portal development and deployment
- SQL support and performance help
- Management information consulting
- Telecom systems consulting
Benefits of being a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you can leverage the momentum of our dramatic growth and excellent reputation in the market. By having a team of skilled and committed professionals, providing attentive customer support, and practicing a proven, ROI-focused pricing structure, Progent has quadrupled our clientele during the past few years and Progent now provides consulting support to hundreds of companies in and throughout the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing team takes care of all aspects of marketing your services and areas of expertise into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you spend less time signing up customers and extra time generating money.
- We will assist in communications between you and our key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who act as the conduit to the decision makers among Progent's clients.
- Progent's sales and administration teams will manage the complete sales and contracting process, from lead identification, job qualification, customer requirements definition, skills matching, project scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility is on providing high-level consulting service.
- Progent will provide you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, including convenient conference locations in the San Francisco area, and data and voice access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to our vast knowledge base, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the shared experience from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced information technology professionals.
- We will share special benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use programs for education and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to be part of our Experts Group, but we do have these qualifications to join:
- You must have a proven track record as a consulting professional operating on your own in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year record of completed consulting projects and/or have an active client base for whom you now provide continuing support services.
- You need to show that you are an expert in your field of specialization, including having an extensive task-relevant history and strong references, and possess current vendor and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You have to know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You must have excellent people skills and know how to work successfully alone or as a member of a group.
- You need to know how to explain realistic goals to clients and other Progent team members and you have to be able analyze jobs, produce project plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a more capable consultant by enhancing your information technology knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the best consulting talent for you to work with, providing an advanced network and communications architecture, using custom application tools to deliver the highest level of support, and by optimizing proven business models for attracting and keeping customers.
The most important factor that differentiates us from other consulting firms is the high caliber of our service staff. Out of the scores of consultants who have teamed with us, we have assembled top talent across a wide range of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other crucial technologies, we engage professionals who can help you to be effective on major projects by leveraging the aggregate experience of our group of professionals.
To promote the success of Progent's team, we invest significantly in providing the best technology to do the job properly. We will exploit technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows effortless communications, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with other Progent team members — all from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants don't waste time or lose income because of daily commutes to a conventional office building, and any travel you do for on-site client jobs is determined by your schedule, not Progent's. The best benefit is that much of our consulting services can be performed remotely, representing 100% efficiency for income-producing hours. In fact, some Progent team members do remote support exclusively.
Progent's business structure is geared towards reacting quickly and efficiently to client requirements through knowledge sharing and collaborative problem solving. Even though our engineers operate with a high level of independence, resource allocation is unified, customer issues and solutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and archived for convenient reference, current consultant schedules are published to streamline group projects and simplify problem escalation, and client approval is always evaluated. We reinforce the sense of connection via periodic workgroup meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of Progent's team is situated throughout California, but Progent is attracting a rapidly growing group of network professionals from across the United States. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic boundaries that limit the efficiency of conventional business models. We enhance the deal by providing a full employee care program to promote the physical health and financial welfare of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, our marketing and operations teams match the high standards that defines Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progent's growth are helping us to target and land the 50-60 new customers we are currently engaging every month. We recently marked the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective sales organization.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of technical challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Clients rely on consultants to do the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, advanced implementations, vexing or entrenched problems, and tricky migrations are the basis for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for computer professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will meet some great people, both by establishing strong client contacts and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused company from top to bottom. If you don't offer excellent people skills or like cooperating with a diverse group of personalities, then we are in all likelihood a poor fit.
If this sounds right for you, we urge you to talk to us about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well designed and executed network can be a crucial factor for enabling a company's success, and we follow this credo in our own network environment. Progent has created a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows Progent's in-house consultants and certified contractors to offer rapid and effective support, collaborate closely on complex projects, and experience career and personal maturity from acting as part of a dynamic business culture of self motivation and independence.