Among the premiere computer consulting firms for business systems, Progent maintains a full-time staff of talented support professionals who focus on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security consulting
- Advanced connectivity architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and network management
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts independent consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized skills covering a broad variety of key software applications and networking technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- BI expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web-based application design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and DBA consulting
- Office Access database programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Creative structures for attracting clients, providing service, nurturing a dynamic working environment, and providing generous profit sharing have enabled Progent to be among the most rapidly growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the U.S. and to establish an international organization for delivering online IT support. If you are an accredited IT support professional or network consultant with a focus on a customer success and excellent people skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent an opportunity for increasing your technical knowledge, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving economic security.
Find Out More Details Concerning Jobs at Progent
Follow these links to learn additional information concerning our work opportunities, company culture, operational conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Full-time Careers at Progent
We are looking for a variety of full-time professionals such as motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCP network engineers; connectivity consultants with Cisco certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant system design with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability systems, business continuity planning, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also hiring workstation support technicians, remote service specialists, and CISSP accredited security consultants. Progent is also seeking experienced managers who can perform effectively in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out additional details concerning full-time consulting work at Progent by referring to Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Contract Work with Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals who have specialized expertise and working background in high-demand IT topics outside Progent's primary technical focus. Our Experts Group employs freelance consultants who can provide advice and development services for mission-critical solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide expert skills in areas like telecommunications, web site design, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and management. Independent consultants certified by us coordinate with Progent's staff engineers to deliver end-to-end IT services for small business networks. To learn additional details about contracting jobs with Progent's Experts Team, see Freelance Jobs with Progent.
Reasons That We Are Exceptional
Progent has been able to attract the top consulting experts by being different. With a powerful mix of entrepreneurial spirit, commitment to client success, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, and a flexible work model that offers quality-of-life choices for Progent's team members, Progent offers a dynamic culture for talented individuals who have a desire for rapidly improving their professional abilities to deliver concrete benefits for a variety of organizations and network environments. Learn additional information concerning reasons Progent is different by visiting Ways That Progent Is Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office environment utilizes state-of-the-art technologies that support remote support, wireless communication, easy access to Progent's support databases, and instant collaboration with talented colleagues to help you to solve challenging IT problems. Progent's virtual office model enables you to concentrate on providing service rather than fighting traffic and helps you establish successful customer relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To learn more information about our virtual office infrastructure, go to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you make is directly based on the revenue you generate. Consultants have the option of focusing on quality of life and choosing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing our versatile schedule to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to earn significant income by hard work and long hours. Progent also offers complete family health care insurance plus numerous other benefits. Find out additional details about Progent's compensation and benefit programs by referring to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see replies to common enquiries about becoming employed by Progent, go to Jobs at Progent Q&A.
Here is a list of some available job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a range of small and midsize businesses to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Positions
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The right candidate would be a computer consultant with expertise in Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This role calls for a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
More information on Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's extensive portfolio of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
More information about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining key elements of consulting propositions that associate our services with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly evolving IT technology
If you would like to enquire about any job listed above, you should e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to include the job codes of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts About Work at Progent
Fulltime Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent wants to hire full-time, results-driven Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco certified network engineers with Cisco CCIE credentials; security consultants who have CISA or comparable security credentials; and advanced network architecture experts with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, service continuity, disaster recovery, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for employees to work on our staff of desktop service technicians and remote troubleshooting experts. Also, Progent is hiring talented administrators able to perform effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of talented and dedicated professionals, delivering attentive client care, and offering a competitive value-based fee structure, We have managed to expand our customer base rapidly while providing professional support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared information base, and a group strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied customer list.
If you are a network professional with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or helping Progent's customers can enhance your knowledge through cooperation with Progent's staff of highly supportive, talented engineers. Our commitment to delivering information technology consulting and technical support to small and midsize organizations will offer you the opportunity to work closely with decision makers and add significantly to the success of exciting businesses.
We are hiring consultants that have recognized credentials in their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. For Cisco consultants, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or one of the other top security certifications. Of course, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, the fact that a certificate does not ensure excellence is no reason for not owning one. If you know your field, then most of these tests should present no challenge. The point is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then customers expect certifications. We can promote your skills, but you must provide a baseline of certifications for Progent to market. In case you are adamantly against the concept of certifications, we can understand and respect your position, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, our computer engineers have offered low-cost and effective computer consulting services for small businesses in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared technical knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have enabled Progent to retain a talented staff and quickly grow a loyal clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to provide clients the services of specialized computer consulting professionals who have advanced knowledge and field background in important areas beyond our primary concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are typically freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by Progent to collaborate with Progent's in-house consultants to deliver comprehensive, world-class information technology solutions to small businesses. We are always expanding the Experts Group in order to meet the special requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Team currently offers support in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Strategic and vertical application support
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom program development and deployment
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal design and deployment
- SQL management and efficiency consulting
- Management information consulting
- Telecom architecture support
Advantages of being a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you can benefit from the impact of Progent's dramatic expansion and excellent reputation in the industry. By having a group of skilled and committed consultants, offering excellent client care, and following a strong, value-oriented billing structure, Progent has multiplied our customer base during the past few years and Progent currently delivers consulting support to hundreds of businesses in California and across the United States.
- Our veteran marketing team handles all aspects of marketing your services and technical knowledge into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you expend less effort signing up customers and extra time making revenue.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and our core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who are the conduit to the decision makers among our clients.
- Progent's sales and administration groups will manage the entire sales and engagement cycle, from opportunity identification, project approval, customer requirements description, skills matching, job scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility stays with delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you access to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, offering convenient meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's vast database, processes based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest pool of experienced consulting professionals.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line connections to special vendor support utilities and technical support resources, and on-line in-house use software for education and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to become a member of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have these requirements to join:
- You must have a strong track record as a consulting professional working on your own in your area of specialization, including at least a two year history of successful contracting jobs and/or have an active client base for whom you currently deliver ongoing consulting activity.
- You have to demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of concentration, including having a long work-related history and strong references, and possess current vendor and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You need to be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your skills. You should have excellent inter-personal skills and understand how to operate effectively by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You have to be able to articulate proper expectations to clients and fellow Progent team members and you must be able scope out tasks, produce project plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's company culture will make you a better consultant by enhancing your technical skills and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the best consulting experts for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, using proprietary application utilities to deliver the highest quality of support, and by optimizing proven business models for finding and maintaining customers.
The most important factor that separates us from most consulting firms is the excellence of our consultants. Among the scores of consultants who have joined us, we have assembled the best talent covering a wide array of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Mac, Linux, server virtualization, or other key areas, we engage experts who can enable you to be effective on larger projects by leveraging the collective experience of our team of professionals.
To promote the success of our team, we invest heavily in making available the best tools to perform the job efficiently. Progent will exploit technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows effortless communications, cooperation, and information exchange with other Progent team members — all from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue with daily drives to a conventional office, and any travel you do for on-site client work is determined by your own time table, not ours. The best part is that much of our consulting work can be done off-site, offering 100% productivity for income-producing time. In fact, some Progent team members do off-site consulting exclusively.
Progent's operations are geared towards reacting rapidly and efficiently to customer requirements through knowledge exchange and cooperative problem solving. Although Progent's engineers operate with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is unified, client issues and resolutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and archived for convenient reference, up-to-date consultant availability is broadcast to streamline team projects and simplify problem escalation, and client approval is continually evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation through monthly team meetings and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of our consultants are located throughout California, but we are attracting a rapidly growing group of network experts throughout America. Progent's virtual office environment does away with geographic obstacles that limit the efficiency of traditional company models. We complete the deal by offering a comprehensive benefit plan to ensure the health and economic welfare of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, our sales and administration groups live up to the high standards that characterizes Progent. These high-performance factors behind our success are enabling us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are now engaging each month. We lately celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales organization.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with us. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of technical challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Customers choose consulting firms to do the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, advanced deployments, puzzling or chronic issues, and difficult migrations are the basis for what we do every day. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for network professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some great folks, both by establishing close customer relationships and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused company through and through. If you don’t offer strong people skills or enjoy working with a diverse group of personalities, then we are probably not a good fit.
If this sounds good to you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and executed network can be a crucial factor for accelerating any company's growth, and Progent applies this credo in our corporate network environment. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's staff consultants and authorized contractors to offer fast and efficient service, collaborate easily on complex projects, and experience professional and personal growth by acting as part of an exciting business ethos of self motivation and freedom.