Among America's premiere network consulting companies for business networks, Progent maintains a full-time staff of certified service experts who focus on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP solutions
- System security expertise
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and system administration
Progent's Experts Team, which includes independent experts certified and coordinated by Progent, offers highly specialized skills covering a wide range of key business areas and network technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based app design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Access database programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 custom training
Innovative structures for finding clients, providing support, nurturing an efficient company culture, and offering generous profit sharing have allowed Progent to be among the fastest expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the United States and to establish an international organization for providing online network assistance. If you are a certified computer support professional or information technology expert with a drive for a client success and excellent people skills, you will find in Progent a chance for increasing your technical knowledge, living a more independent lifestyle, and achieving financial success.
Find Out More Details About Jobs at Progent
Follow these pages to find out additional details about our work opportunities, business philosophy, work conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of full-time workers such as motivated Microsoft MCSE network engineers; connectivity consultants who have Cisco CCIE certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant network architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability systems, business continuity planning, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also looking for workstation support experts, remote service professionals, and CISA or CISM certified security consultants. We are also looking for veteran managers and administrators able to operate efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office model. Find out additional information about full-time consulting positions at Progent by visiting Full-time Positions at Progent.
Freelance Jobs at Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals who have specialized knowledge and field background in crucial information technology areas beyond our primary service focus. Our Experts Team employs independent consultants who offer advice and development support for line-of-business solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep expertise with popular platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide expert help in areas like telecommunications, web development, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle Database development and administration. Independent consultants premier by us cooperate with Progent's in-house professionals to deliver comprehensive solutions for small and midsize company networks. In order to learn additional information about contract jobs with Progent's Experts Team, see Contract Jobs with Progent.
Reasons That We Are Unique
We have managed to attract the top consulting talent by being unique. Providing a powerful mix of entrepreneurial drive, dedication to customer satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, and an independent business structure that accommodates quality-of-life options for our team members, Progent creates a stimulating culture for talented consultants who have a drive for quickly improving their technical abilities to create real-world benefits for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Learn more details concerning reasons Progent is different by referring to How Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office network uses advanced technical tools that allow remote support, wireless communication, easy access to our support databases, and close collaboration with mobile team members to allow you to solve business-critical IT problems. Progent's virtual office setting frees consultants to concentrate on providing IT solutions instead of dealing with traffic and lets consultants establish successful customer relationships by permitting you to provide quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. To learn more details concerning our virtual office network, go to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is directly tied to the revenue you contribute. You have the choice of focusing on quality of life and choosing to consult at an easy pace, using our versatile structure to follow individual pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to make significant money through persistent work and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides full family health insurance plus numerous additional benefits. Learn more concerning our compensation and benefit programs by going to Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Employment at Progent FAQs
For replies to common questions about being employed by Progent, visit Working with Progent Questions and Answers.
The following is a list of our present job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert -
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a range of small and midsize businesses to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information on Desktop Engineer Jobs
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize organizations maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Senior Exchange Consultant - , Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The ideal applicant should be a computer consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This role demands experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these platforms.
More information about Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Jobs
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's comprehensive selection of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Generating and explaining key elements of consulting propositions which tie our deliverables with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly changing IT technology
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to enquire about any opening shown above, please send your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the job codes of the positions of interest.
Details About Jobs with Us
Staff Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Technicians
Progent wants to find fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco accredited system engineers with Cisco credentials; security consultants who have CISSP or comparable security certification; and high-end system design experts with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, information preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for professionals to join Progent's team of desktop service specialists and remote support experts. Also, We are hiring talented managers who can operate productively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of talented and dedicated consultants, delivering attentive client services, and offering a strong results-based fee structure, We have managed to expand our customer list rapidly while delivering consulting services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared knowledge database, and a group strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a satisfied client list.
For a network consultant with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's clients can enhance your knowledge via cooperation with our group of highly team-oriented, expert consultants. Our commitment to providing network consulting and computer help to small and midsize companies will give you the chance to collaborate intimately with decision makers and add significantly to the success of dynamic businesses.
We are looking for technical professionals who have verifiable certification related to their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your Microsoft MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco professionals, show us your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For security, you should show you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security credentials. Of course, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, simply because a certificate can not ensure expertise is no justification for not having one. If you know your stuff, then most of those tests should pose no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself a professional, then customers deserve to see credentials. Progent can broadcast your talents, but you need to provide a baseline of credentials for Progent to market. If you are strongly against the concept of certifications, we can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, our consulting professionals have provided low-cost and effective computer support services for small businesses in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common technical knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have enabled Progent to build a strong in-house team and dramatically grow a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Team is our way to offer customers the help of expert information technology support professionals who have in-depth knowledge and work experience in key technologies outside of Progent's core concentration in system support and security. Experts Group members are often freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by us to collaborate with Progent's staff engineers to deliver end-to-end, world-class network services to small and midsize companies. We are always expanding the Experts Group to address the particular requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group now provides consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Line-of-business and vertical application support
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special applications development and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and client portal development and integration
- SQL support and efficiency consulting
- Business information consulting
- Telecommunications architecture support
Advantages of becoming part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you get to leverage the impact of Progent's explosive growth and top-notch recognition in the industry. By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated professionals, providing attentive client care, and following a strong, value-focused pricing model, Progent has quadrupled our customer base during the last few years and Progent currently delivers consulting services to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff handles all aspects of promoting your skills and areas of expertise into our rapidly growing client base, so you spend less time finding clients and more time generating money.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who are the gateway to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Progent's selling and operations staffs will manage the complete selling and contracting cycle, from lead generation, job approval, customer requirements definition, skills matching, project analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility stays with providing top-quality consulting service.
- We will gives you access to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering professional meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive knowledge base, procedures based on industry best practices, abundance of professional documents, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest pool of expert network engineers.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, web connections to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use software for education and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to become part of our Experts Team, but Progent has these requirements to join:
- You need to show a proven track record as a consultant working on your own in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year history of successful consulting jobs or you must have an active customer base to whom you now deliver continuing support services.
- You need to demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of concentration, including having an extensive work-related history and strong referrals, and possess current manufacturer and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You need to be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your skills. You must have strong communications skills and understand how to work efficiently alone or as part of a team.
- You should be able to explain proper goals to customers and other Progent consultants and you have to know how analyze jobs, create project plans, and define realistic time lines.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a more capable consultant by enhancing your information technology knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the top consulting experts for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, running specialized application tools to deliver the maximum quality of support, and by optimizing our operational structures for attracting and retaining customers.
The main factor that differentiates us from most network support companies is the quality of our consultants. Among the scores of consultants who have joined Progent, we have assembled the best talent covering a wide array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other vital areas, we engage experts who can enable you to be successful on major jobs by combining the collective skills of Progent's group of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in providing the best tools to perform the job properly. Progent will leverage technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office environment enables seamless communications, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with other Progent team members — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t waste time or lose income with regular drives to a conventional office, and all travel you do for in-person customer jobs is determined by your time table, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that most of our support services can be done remotely, offering 100% productivity for billable hours. In fact, some of our team members do remote support exclusively.
Our business structure is geared towards responding quickly and efficiently to client needs through information exchange and collaborative problem solving. Even though Progent's consultants work with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is unified, client issues and solutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and archived for easy reference, current consultant availability is broadcast to facilitate team tasks and enable problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually monitored. We strengthen the feeling of connection via monthly team conferences and regular company-wide events.
The majority of our team is situated across California, but we are attracting a rapidly growing team of consulting professionals from across the United States. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic boundaries that restrict the productivity of conventional company models. We complete the package by providing a comprehensive employee care program to promote the health and financial welfare of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, Progent's marketing and operations teams match the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance factors behind our growth are enabling us to target and land the scores of new customers we are currently acquiring every month. Progent recently celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales operation.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for growth with us. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of technical challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Clients choose consultants to do the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, leading-edge deployments, vexing or chronic issues, and difficult upgrades are the basis for what we do every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for network professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by establishing strong customer contacts and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused company heart and soul. If you do not have strong people skills or like working with a diverse group of personalities, then Progent is probably not a good match.
If this seems good to you, we urge you to contact us about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully architected and implemented network is a pivotal piece for enabling a firm's success, and Progent applies this credo in our corporate system environment. Progent has built a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's staff engineers and authorized contractors to deliver fast and efficient support, collaborate closely on complex projects, and gain from career and personal maturity by acting as a member of an exciting business culture of personal drive and independence.