Among the premiere computer consultant companies for business systems, Progent maintains a large team of certified service experts who focus on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP products
- Network security consulting
- Sophisticated network infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and network management
Our Experts Group, which includes independent consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, provides highly specialized knowledge covering a wide variety of critical business applications and network technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- BI consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web app development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and management help
- Office Access application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office and Office 365 consulting
Creative models for finding clients, delivering support, maintaining an efficient working environment, and providing highly competitive compensation and benefits have enabled us to be among the fastest expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the United States and to establish an international organization for providing online network assistance. If you are a certified IT technician or network consultant with a drive for a client success and excellent people skills, you should consider Progent an opportunity for increasing your professional skills, living a more rewarding career, and attaining financial security.
Learn Additional Information About Working with Progent
Check out these links to find out additional information concerning Progent's work opportunities, company culture, operational environment, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
Progent is seeking a variety of full-time workers including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer consultants; network experts who have Cisco CCIE credentials; and consultants for advanced network architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability environments, business continuity planning, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent is also looking for workstation support experts, off-site service professionals, and CISM or CISSP accredited security professionals. Progent is also hiring experienced managers able to perform efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn additional details about full-time consulting positions at Progent by visiting Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contracting Jobs at Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals with proven expertise and hands-on background in important information technology topics outside our main technical concentration. Our Experts Team hires contractors who can provide advice and programming services for line-of-business solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess deep expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer expert help in technologies such as telecom, web site design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle Database programming and administration. Freelance consultants premier by us coordinate with our full-time professionals to provide end-to-end solutions for small business networks. To find out more details about freelance opportunities with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, see Contracting Work at Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Unique
We have managed to recruit the top consulting talent by being different. Providing an innovative mix of enterprising drive, insistence on customer success, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, and an independent business model that offers life-style choices for our team members, Progent creates a dynamic environment for talented individuals who have a desire for rapidly improving their technical skills to deliver concrete benefits for a variety of organizations and network environments. Learn additional information concerning reasons Progent is different by referring to Ways That Progent Is Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office model incorporates sophisticated technologies that allow off-site access, wireless connectivity, easy availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and close collaboration with mobile team members to allow you to deal with challenging IT problems. Progent's virtual office model allows you to concentrate on delivering IT solutions instead of fighting traffic and lets you establish lasting customer relationships by permitting you to provide quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To find out more information concerning our virtual office business model, visit Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is entirely determined by what you generate. You have the option of focusing on quality of life and choosing to consult at an easy pace, using Progent's flexible schedule to make time for individual pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn considerable income through hard effort and long hours. Progent also offers full family health care insurance plus many other benefits. Learn additional details about Progent's compensation model and benefits by going to Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent FAQs
For replies to popular questions about becoming employed by Progent, refer to Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers.
Here is a description of Progent's available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a variety of small and midsize businesses to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information about Desktop Engineer Positions
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize organizations manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Sr. Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange planning and deployment projects. The right candidate should be a computer consultant with expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This position calls for a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these technologies.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining key elements of consulting proposals that align our deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly changing technology
If you would like to ask about any job shown above, please send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the positions of interest.
More Information About Work with Us
Career Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Technicians
Progent wants to hire fulltime, results-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco accredited network engineers with Cisco CCIE credentials; security consultants with CISM or equivalent security certification; and advanced system architecture consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high uptime, disaster recovery, data protection, and VMware. Progent also is hiring professionals to work on Progent's staff of desktop service specialists and off-site troubleshooting experts. Also, We are looking for talented managers able to operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of skilled and motivated professionals, delivering attentive client care, and following a strong value-based pricing structure, Progent has managed to expand our customer base rapidly while providing professional support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common knowledge database, and a group strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a skilled staff and a loyal client base.
If you are a network consultant with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or helping our clients will expand your skills via interaction with our staff of highly supportive, talented consultants. Our focus on delivering information technology expertise and technical help to small and midsize organizations will give you the opportunity to collaborate closely with key players and add appreciably to the success of dynamic businesses.
We are hiring technical professionals who have recognized certification related to their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco professionals, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other leading security certifications. Naturally, we are familiar with "paper experts". Still, simply because a credential can not guarantee expertise is no reason for not having one. If you know your field, then most of those tests should pose no great difficulty. The point is that if you are a professional, then customers expect credentials. We will market your skills, but you must have basic credentials for us to work with. If you happen to be adamantly opposed to the idea of credentials, we can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are likely not a good fit.
Contract Work for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, our computer engineers have provided affordable and successful computer support expertise for small businesses in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common technical database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have enabled us to retain a talented in-house team and quickly grow a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer clients the help of specialized information technology support professionals who have advanced knowledge and work background in key technologies beyond our primary focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are often independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by Progent to collaborate with our in-house consultants to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class network services to small and midsize businesses. We are continually enhancing our Experts Group in order to address the special needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Team now offers consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Line-of-business and vertical program help
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom program design and integration
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal development and deployment
- Database support and efficiency consulting
- Business information consulting
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Benefits of becoming a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you can benefit from the momentum of Progent's explosive growth and excellent recognition in the industry. By maintaining a team of skilled and committed professionals, providing excellent customer care, and practicing a strong, value-focused pricing model, Progent has multiplied our clientele during the last few years and Progent now provides consulting support to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing team takes care of all aspects of promoting your skills and areas of expertise into our rapidly growing customer base, so you spend less time signing up customers and more time generating money.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who act as the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Progent's sales and administration groups will manage the complete selling and contracting cycle, from opportunity generation, project qualification, customer needs definition, skills matching, project scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility is on providing top-quality consulting service.
- We will provide you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, including professional meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to our extensive knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, abundance of professional documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest pool of expert network engineers.
- Progent will share special benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line access to special vendor support utilities and product support resources, and on-line internal use software for education or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to become a member of our Experts Group, but we do have the following requirements for membership:
- You must show a strong background as a consulting professional working on your own in your area of specialization, including at least a two year record of successful contracting jobs and/or have your own active customer base to whom you now provide continuing consulting activity.
- You need to show that you are an expert in your area of concentration, which includes showing a long work-related record and strong referrals, and possess current manufacturer or industry professional certifications.
- You must be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You must have strong communications skills and be able to operate effectively alone or as a member of a group.
- You must be able to articulate proper goals to clients and fellow Progent team members and you have to know how scope out tasks, create task plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Network Engineers
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a better professional by enhancing your technical skills and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the best consulting talent for you to work with, providing an advanced system architecture, using specialized application tools to deliver the highest quality of service, and by streamlining our operational structures for attracting and keeping clients.
The most important factor that differentiates us from ordinary network support companies is the high quality of our consultants. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited top expertise covering a wide range of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Macintosh, Linux, VMware, or other key technologies, we deploy professionals who can help you to be effective on larger jobs by combining the collective experience of our group of professionals.
To ensure the success of our team, we invest heavily in making available the best tools to perform the work efficiently. Progent will leverage technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables effortless communications, cooperation, and information exchange with other Progent consultants ó all from at-home or mobile offices. You donít throw away time or lose revenue with daily commutes to a conventional office, and any travel you do for in-person customer jobs is determined by your own time table, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that much of Progent's consulting work can be done off-site, offering 100% productivity for billable hours. In fact, some of our staff do remote support exclusively.
Our operations are geared towards reacting rapidly and effectively to customer requirements through knowledge sharing and cooperative problem solving. Even though Progent's consultants operate with a high level of independence, dispatching is unified, customer issues and solutions are carefully tracked, documented, and organized for convenient reference, current consultant schedules are published to facilitate team tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and client approval is always monitored. We reinforce the feeling of connection through periodic workgroup conferences and regular corporate events.
Most of our consultants are situated across California, but Progent is building a rapidly growing group of network experts throughout the U.S. Our virtual office environment does away with geographic boundaries that limit the efficiency of conventional business models. We enhance the deal by providing a comprehensive benefit plan to ensure the physical health and financial security of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, our marketing and administration groups live up to the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progentís success are helping us to target and land the scores of new customers we are currently acquiring every month. Progent lately marked the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing operation.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a steady series of technical challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Customers choose consultants to do the ďhard stuff.Ē Innovative projects, leading-edge deployments, vexing or chronic problems, and tricky migrations are the basis for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for network engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every day excited about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will work with some great folks, both by building strong customer contacts and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization heart and soul. If you donít have strong people skills or enjoy working with a diverse assortment of people, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor fit.
If all this sounds good to you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully architected and implemented network can be a pivotal piece for enabling any firm's success, and Progent follows this credo in our corporate network infrastructure. Progent has created a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's staff engineers and certified contractors to deliver rapid and efficient service, collaborate closely on complex jobs, and gain from professional and personal growth from acting as a member of an exciting company culture of self motivation and independence.