One of the premiere network consultant firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a large team of talented service experts who concentrate on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security expertise
- Sophisticated system infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and network management
Our Experts Group, which includes independent experts certified and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized knowledge covering a wide variety of critical business areas and network solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Web-based application design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access database application development, migration and troubleshooting
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 training
Creative models for finding clients, delivering support, establishing an efficient company culture, and offering highly competitive profit sharing have allowed Progent to be one of the most rapidly growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the United States and to build a worldwide presence for delivering remote IT service. If you are a certified computer technician or network consultant with a focus on a client service and strong people skills, consultants will find in Progent a chance for adding to your technical skills, developing a more rewarding career, and attaining economic success.
Learn Additional Details Concerning Working at Progent
Follow these links to learn additional information about Progent's job openings, business culture, operational conditions, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Careers at Progent
Progent is hiring a range of on-staff employees including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer engineers; network experts who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and consultants for advanced network architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability environments, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and virtual servers. We are also looking for desktop support experts, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISM accredited security professionals. Progent is also seeking veteran managers able to perform efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn additional details concerning staff consulting jobs at Progent by visiting Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Contract Work at Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals with specialized expertise and field background in high-demand information technology areas beyond our primary service concentration. Our Experts Team includes independent consultants who offer consulting and development services for strategic applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess deep expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer expert help in areas like telecom, web development, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and management. Independent consultants certified by us coordinate with Progent's in-house professionals to deliver comprehensive IT services for small and midsize business networks. To learn more details about contracting opportunities with Progent's Experts Team, see Freelance Jobs at Progent.
How Progent Is Exceptional
We have managed to attract the top consulting talent by being unique. With a powerful blend of entrepreneurial spirit, commitment to customer satisfaction, use of advanced technical tools, plus an independent work model that accommodates life-style options for our team members, Progent offers a stimulating environment for talented individuals who have a desire for quickly enhancing their technical abilities to deliver real-world benefits for a range of businesses and network environments. Learn more information concerning reasons Progent is unique by going to Ways That We Are Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office model utilizes sophisticated technologies that support off-site support, wireless connectivity, convenient access to Progent's knowledge bases, and close cooperation with talented colleagues to allow you to deal with business-critical network problems. Our virtual office environment enables you to concentrate on delivering IT solutions rather than fighting traffic and lets you nurture successful client relationships by enabling you to provide fast, effective, and affordable solutions. If you want to find out additional information about Progent's virtual office infrastructure, see Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is wholly based on the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the choice of focusing on life style and choosing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's versatile structure to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to make considerable income through persistent work and long hours. Progent also offers full family health coverage as well as numerous additional benefits. Find out additional details concerning Progent's compensation and benefits by referring to Our Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Jobs at Progent FAQs
To see replies to frequent enquiries about becoming a consultant at Progent, see Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers.
Here is a description of our current job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant -
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Positions
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize businesses maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The right applicant should be a technical consultant with expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This position calls for experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Specifics about Sr. Exchange Expert Positions
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's broad portfolio of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and articulating crucial elements of consulting proposals that tie our services with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining strong relationships with customers
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly evolving technology
Details about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to ask about any opening listed above, you should send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to state the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
Details Concerning Work at Progent
Career Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire full-time, results-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco certified network consultants with CCIE certification; security professionals who have CISA or comparable security credentials; and advanced system architecture consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, fault tolerance, business continuity, information preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is hiring employees to work on Progent's staff of help desk support technicians and remote support experts. Also, Progent is looking for experienced administrators who can perform productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of talented and dedicated professionals, providing world-class client care, and following a competitive results-based pricing structure, Progent has managed to expand our client list rapidly while providing professional support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared information database, and a group strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a skilled staff and a loyal customer list.
If you are an information technology professional with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's customers will expand your knowledge via interaction with our staff of highly supportive, talented engineers. Our focus on providing network consulting and technical support to small companies will offer you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the growth of exciting companies.
We are hiring consultants who can show verifiable credentials in their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco consultants, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security credentials. Naturally, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” However, simply because a certificate can not guarantee excellence is no reason for not owning one. If you know your field, then the majority of these certifications should present no challenge. The point is that if you call yourself a professional, then customers deserve to see certifications. Progent will broadcast your talents, but you should have a baseline of certifications for us to market. In case you stand strongly against the idea of credentials, we can understand and respect your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, our information technology professionals have offered affordable and effective computer consulting expertise for small businesses in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared support database, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented consulting group and dramatically expand a loyal customer base.
The Experts Team is our way to offer clients the services of expert information technology support professionals who have advanced knowledge and work experience in important technologies beyond Progent's primary focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are often freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by us to work closely with our staff consultants to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class information technology services to small and midsize businesses. Progent is always expanding the Experts Team to address the special requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Team now provides support in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Line-of-business and vertical application support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special applications design and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal development and deployment
- DBM management and performance help
- Business information consulting
- Telecom architecture consulting
Advantages of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you get to benefit from the impact of our explosive growth and excellent recognition in the industry. By maintaining a group of talented and dedicated consultants, offering excellent client support, and practicing a strong, ROI-oriented pricing model, we have multiplied our customer base during the last several years and Progent now provides professoinal services to hundreds of companies in California and across the United States.
- Our veteran marketing team handles all facets of promoting your skills and technical knowledge into our quickly expanding client base, so you expend less time signing up customers and more time generating money.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and Progent's key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who are the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's clients.
- Progent's sales and administration groups will manage the complete sales and contracting cycle, from opportunity generation, project approval, client requirements description, skills matching, job scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility is on providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will gives you access to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, including convenient conference sites in the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to our vast knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, library of professional publications, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest pool of expert consulting professionals.
- We will pass on special benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, web access to special vendor support tools and technical support resources, and downloadable in-house use software for education and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to be a member of our Experts Group, but Progent has these requirements to join:
- You need to have a strong track record as a consulting professional operating on your own in your field of expertise, including at least a two year record of completed consulting jobs or you must have an active customer base to whom you now provide ongoing support services.
- You must show that you have expertise in your field of specialization, which includes showing a long work-related record and excellent referrals, and possess up-to-date vendor or institutional professional qualifications.
- You must know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You should have strong inter-personal skills and understand how to work successfully alone or as part of a group.
- You have to know how to articulate realistic goals to customers and other Progent consultants and you have to be able analyze tasks, produce project plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's business climate will make you a better consulting professional by improving your information technology skills and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the best professional talent for you to operate with, providing an advanced network and communications infrastructure, using proprietary application tools to enable the maximum quality of support, and by streamlining proven operational structures for finding and keeping clients.
The most important factor that separates Progent from typical network support companies is the quality of our support professionals. Among the 50 or so consultants who have joined us, we have recruited top talent across a wide range of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other vital application, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be effective on major jobs by combining the aggregate experience of our group of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of our team, we invest significantly in making available the best tools to perform the job efficiently. We will leverage technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office environment enables effortless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent consultants — entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit income with regular drives to a physical office building, and any travel you do for in-person client jobs is based on your own time table, not ours. The best benefit is that most of Progent's consulting work can be done off-site, representing 100% productivity for income-producing time. In practice, some of our staff do off-site support only.
Our business structure is geared towards responding rapidly and effectively to customer needs through knowledge sharing and collaborative problem solving. Even though Progent's engineers work with a high level of independence, resource allocation is centralized, client issues and resolutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and archived for easy retrieval, current consultant schedules are broadcast to facilitate team tasks and enable problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is always evaluated. We strengthen the sense of connection through periodic team conferences and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of Progent's team is located across California, however Progent is attracting a quickly growing team of network experts throughout the U.S. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates regional obstacles that restrict the productivity of traditional company models. We enhance the package by providing a comprehensive employee care program to ensure the health and economic security of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, our marketing and administration groups match the excellence that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to our growth are helping us to target and land the scores of new customers we are now engaging every month. We lately celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of technical challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Clients choose consultants to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or chronic issues, and difficult upgrades are the basis for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for network engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every day excited about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by building close customer contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented organization through and through. If you do not have excellent communications skills or like working with a diverse assortment of people, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good match.
If all this seems right for you, we urge you to talk to us about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well architected and executed network is a crucial piece for accelerating a company's growth, and we follow this credo in our own network environment. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's in-house consultants and certified contractors to offer rapid and effective support, cooperate closely on sophisticated projects, and experience career and private growth from acting as a member of an exciting company ethos of self motivation and independence.