One of the premiere IT consultant companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a large staff of talented support professionals who concentrate on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security consulting
- Advanced system architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and network administration
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts independent consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized skills in a wide variety of critical software applications and networking technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Business Intelligence consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Web-based app development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access database programming, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 training
Creative structures for attracting customers, delivering support, creating an efficient working environment, and offering generous compensation and benefits have allowed us to become among the most rapidly expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the U.S. and to establish a worldwide organization for delivering remote IT assistance. If you are an accredited computer support professional or information technology expert with a focus on a client service and excellent people skills, consultants will discover Progent a chance for enhancing your technical skills, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining financial security.
Find Out Additional Details Concerning Working at Progent
Check out these pages to find out additional information concerning our job openings, business philosophy, work conditions, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Positions at Progent
We are looking for a range of full-time workers such as motivated Microsoft MCSE computer engineers; network consultants with CCIE credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant network architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop environments, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and VMware technology. Progent is also hiring desktop support experts, off-site service specialists, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA accredited security consultants. Progent is also seeking experienced managers who can perform effectively in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out additional information about staff professional services work at Progent by going to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contracting Jobs with Progent
Progent works with independent professionals with specialized expertise and hands-on background in crucial IT areas beyond our primary service concentration. Progent's Experts Team hires freelance consultants who offer consulting and development support for strategic applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide expert help in technologies such as telecommunications, web development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and administration. Independent contractors certified by Progent coordinate with Progent's in-house consultants to deliver comprehensive IT services for small company networks. If you want to find out additional information concerning freelance opportunities with Progent's Experts Team, see Contracting Work at Progent.
How We Are Exceptional
We have managed to recruit the best consulting talent by being unique. Providing a powerful mix of enterprising drive, insistence on customer success, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus a flexible work structure that offers life-style options for Progent's team members, Progent offers a dynamic environment for select individuals who have a desire for quickly enhancing their technical abilities to deliver real-world solutions for a variety of businesses and network environments. Find out additional information concerning reasons Progent is different by visiting Ways That Progent Is Unique.
Our Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office network incorporates state-of-the-art technologies that support off-site access, wireless connectivity, easy access to our knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with mobile colleagues to help you to resolve business-critical IT issues. Progent's virtual office environment frees consultants to focus on delivering IT solutions instead of fighting commutes and helps consultants establish lasting customer relationships by enabling you to provide quick, viable, and affordable solutions. In order to find out additional details concerning our virtual office network, see Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefits
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is directly determined by what you generate. Consultants have the option of focusing on quality of life and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our flexible structure to make time for individual pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn considerable money by hard work and long hours. Progent also offers comprehensive family health coverage as well as numerous additional benefits. Learn more details concerning our compensation and benefit programs by referring to Progent Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Employment at Progent Questions and Answers
To see replies to frequent enquiries concerning being a consultant at Progent, see Jobs at Progent FAQs.
This is a description of Progent's present job openings:
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant -
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Support Expert Positions
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize organizations maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Senior Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Exchange design and deployment projects. The ideal applicant would be a technical consultant with mastery in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This position demands experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Job
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and explaining key components of engagement propositions which align Progent's deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining good relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing IT technology
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to ask about any position listed above, you should e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please copy the job codes of the jobs of interest.
Details Concerning Jobs at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent wants to find staff-level, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco certified system consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security professionals with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security credentials; and high-end system design experts with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high availability, workplace recovery, data protection, and VMware. Progent also is looking for employees to join Progent's team of helpdesk service specialists and remote troubleshooting professionals. In addition, We are seeking experienced administrators who can perform productively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, delivering attentive customer services, and following a competitive results-focused fee model, Progent has been able to expand our client list rapidly while providing consulting services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared knowledge database, and a group strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a satisfied customer base.
For an information technology consultant with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or helping Progent's customers will enhance your knowledge through interaction with our staff of mutually team-oriented, talented consultants. Progent's commitment to delivering network consulting and technical help to small organizations will give you the chance to collaborate intimately with decision makers and add significantly to the success of exciting companies.
Progent is hiring consultants that can show recognized certification in their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, have your CCIE or CCNP credential. For security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or other top security certifications. Naturally, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, the fact that a certificate does not guarantee expertise is no reason for not owning one. If you have mastered your field, then most of those tests should be no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients deserve to see certifications. We will broadcast your talents, but you need to have basic credentials for us to work with. In case you stand strongly against the idea of certifications, Progent can understand and honor your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's information technology professionals have offered affordable and successful computer support services for small businesses in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared technical knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have enabled Progent to build a strong consulting group and quickly expand a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to provide clients the help of specialized information technology support professionals who have advanced knowledge and field background in key areas beyond Progent's primary concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are typically freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by us to work closely with our in-house engineers to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small companies. We are continually expanding the Experts Team to address the special needs of our clients.
Our Experts Group now offers consulting in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Mission-critical and specialized application support
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Custom applications design and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal development and integration
- DBM management and efficiency help
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecom systems consulting
Advantages of becoming a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you get to take advantage of the impact of Progent's dramatic growth and top-notch recognition in the market. By having a team of talented and dedicated consultants, providing attentive client support, and following a proven, ROI-focused billing structure, we have quadrupled our customer base over the past few years and Progent currently delivers professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in California and across the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing staff handles all facets of marketing your skills and technical expertise into our quickly growing client base, so you expend less time finding customers and more time generating revenue.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and Progent's core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who act as the conduit to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Our sales and operations teams will take care of the entire selling and contracting cycle, from opportunity identification, job qualification, client requirements description, skills matching, project scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility stays with delivering high-level consulting service.
- We will gives you connections to our sophisticated virtual office environment, including professional meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, abundance of professional publications, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert network professionals.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, web access to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and product maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use programs for education or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become part of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has these qualifications for membership:
- You need to show a proven track record as a consultant operating independently in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year record of successful consulting jobs and/or have your own active customer base to whom you currently provide ongoing consulting services.
- You must show that you are an expert in your field of specialization, including showing a long task-relevant history and excellent references, and possess up-to-date manufacturer or industry professional qualifications.
- You must be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You need to have excellent people skills and be able to work effectively by yourself or as part of a group.
- You should be able to articulate proper expectations to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you have to know how scope out jobs, create task plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a better professional by improving your technical skills and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the best consulting experts for you to operate with, providing an advanced system infrastructure, running specialized application tools to enable the maximum level of support, and by streamlining proven operational structures for attracting and maintaining clients.
The main factor that separates us from ordinary network support firms is the high quality of our consulting team. Among the scores of consultants who have joined Progent, we have recruited the best talent covering a broad array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux, virtual servers, or other vital areas, we engage experts who can help you to be successful on major jobs by leveraging the collective skills of our group of experts.
To ensure the success of our consultants, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful tools to do the job properly. We will exploit information technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables seamless communications, collaboration, and information sharing with other Progent team members — entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. You don’t waste time or lose revenue with regular commutes to a conventional office, and all travel you do for in-person client jobs is based on your time table, not ours. The most attractive part is that much of our support work can be performed remotely, representing maximum productivity for billable hours. In practice, some Progent staff do remote support only.
Progent's business structure is set up for responding quickly and efficiently to customer requirements via information exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Although Progent's consultants operate with a high level of freedom, dispatching is unified, customer issues and resolutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and archived for convenient retrieval, up-to-date consultant availability is published to facilitate group projects and simplify trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is always evaluated. We strengthen the sense of cooperation through monthly workgroup meetings and regular company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are located throughout California, however we are attracting a rapidly expanding team of network experts throughout the United States. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates regional boundaries that restrict the efficiency of traditional company models. We enhance the deal by offering a full benefit plan to promote the health and financial security of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, Progent's marketing and administration teams live up to the excellence that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to our success are helping us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are now acquiring each month. We lately celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective marketing organization.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with us. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of technical challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Clients choose consulting firms to do the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, leading-edge deployments, vexing or chronic issues, and tricky upgrades are the basis for what we do every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for network engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will work with some great folks, both by establishing close client contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company through and through. If you don’t have excellent people skills or like cooperating with a varied assortment of people, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor match.
If this sounds right for you, we invite you to talk to us about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully designed and executed network is a pivotal factor for enabling any firm's growth, and Progent follows this credo in our own network infrastructure. We have created a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows Progent's staff engineers and certified contractors to deliver rapid and effective service, cooperate easily on complex jobs, and gain from professional and private growth from acting as part of an exciting company ethos of self motivation and freedom.