Among the top IT consultant companies for business networks, Progent maintains a large staff of talented support experts who focus on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP products
- Enterprise security consulting
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and system management
Our Experts Group, which includes freelance experts certified and managed by Progent, offers highly refined knowledge covering a wide range of critical software applications and networking solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- BI expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web-based application development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Access database application programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Creative models for attracting customers, delivering support, nurturing an efficient company culture, and providing highly competitive compensation have allowed us to be one of the fastest expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the United States and to build an international presence for providing online IT support. If you are an accredited IT support professional or network expert with a focus on a client success and strong people skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent an opportunity for adding to your professional knowledge, living a more independent lifestyle, and achieving financial security.
Find Out Additional Information About Jobs with Progent
Follow these links to learn more details about our job openings, company philosophy, operational environment, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
We are seeking a variety of on-staff workers including experienced Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer consultants; system consultants with Cisco certification; and specialists in advanced system architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability systems, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also hiring workstation support experts, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISM certified security consultants. Progent is also hiring experienced managers and administrators able to perform effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out more details concerning staff consulting jobs at Progent by going to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contract Jobs with Progent
Progent works with independent consultants who have proven knowledge and working experience in important IT topics beyond our main service concentration. Progent's Experts Team employs contractors who can provide consulting and programming services for mission-critical solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide expert help in technologies like telecommunications, web design, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle DBM programming and management. Freelance contractors certified by Progent cooperate with Progent's staff consultants to deliver comprehensive solutions for small company networks. If you want to find out more details about contracting work with Progent's Experts Team, refer to Contract Jobs with Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Unique
We have managed to attract the top professional talent by being unique. With a powerful mix of entrepreneurial spirit, dedication to client success, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, plus a flexible business model that offers quality-of-life options for our team members, Progent creates a stimulating environment for select consultants who have a desire for quickly improving their professional skills to create concrete benefits for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Find out additional information about reasons Progent is exceptional by referring to Ways That We Are Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office model utilizes sophisticated technical tools that allow remote access, wireless communication, convenient access to our support databases, and instant collaboration with mobile team members to allow you to handle challenging network issues. Progent's virtual office model enables consultants to concentrate on providing IT solutions instead of dealing with commutes and lets consultants build successful client relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, effective, and affordable solutions. In order to learn more information concerning Progent's virtual office work environment, visit Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you make is directly based on the revenue you generate. Consultants have the choice of focusing on life style and electing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's flexible schedule to make time for personal pursuits, or you can choose to earn significant income by hard work and long consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health insurance plus many other benefits. Learn more about our compensation model and benefit programs by going to Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Jobs at Progent Q&A
To see replies to frequent enquiries about being employed by Progent, refer to Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers.
Here is a list of Progent's present job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Jobs
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small businesses maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Job
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment projects. The right candidate should be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This position demands a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these platforms.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive portfolio of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
More information about Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating crucial elements of consulting proposals that associate our deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining strong relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving IT technology
If you wish to apply for any position listed above, please send your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to include the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
Details About Opportunities with Us
Staff Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Support Technicians
Progent wants to hire full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco certified system engineers with CCIE credentials; security professionals who have CISSP or equivalent security certification; and advanced network architecture consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, fault tolerance, business continuity, information preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is hiring professionals who can join Progent's team of helpdesk support technicians and off-site troubleshooting professionals. Also, We are looking for experienced managers who can perform effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and dedicated consultants, delivering attentive customer care, and offering a strong results-focused pricing structure, We have been able to increase our client base rapidly while providing professional services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common knowledge base, and a group approach to problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a talented staff and a satisfied client base.
If you are an information technology professional with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or working for our customers will expand your knowledge via interaction with our group of mutually team-oriented, expert consultants. Progent's focus on providing information technology consulting and technical help to small and midsize organizations will give you the opportunity to work closely with key players and add appreciably to the success of exciting companies.
We are hiring consultants that can show recognized certification related to their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. For Cisco professionals, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security credentials. Of course, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Still, simply because a certificate does not ensure excellence is no justification for not earning one. If you know your field, then most of these certifications should pose no challenge. The point is that if you call yourself a professional, then clients deserve to see certifications. Progent can market your skills, but you must provide basic credentials for Progent to market. If you are adamantly opposed to the concept of credentials, we can understand and respect your position, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's consulting engineers have offered affordable and effective computer consulting expertise for small businesses in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common technical knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have helped us to build a strong consulting group and dramatically expand a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer clients the help of specialized computer support professionals who have advanced knowledge and field background in important areas outside of Progent's primary concentration in system support and security. Experts Team consultants are often freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by Progent to collaborate with our in-house consultants to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class network solutions to small businesses. Progent is continually expanding our Experts Team in order to address the special requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group now offers support in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Mission-critical and specialized program help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special program development and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal design and integration
- SQL support and efficiency consulting
- Management information expertise
- Telecom systems support
Advantages of being part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you get to leverage the momentum of Progent's dramatic expansion and top-notch reputation in the industry. By maintaining a team of skilled and committed professionals, offering attentive customer care, and practicing a strong, value-focused pricing model, we have multiplied our clientele over the past few years and Progent now provides professoinal support to hundreds of companies in and throughout the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing staff takes care of all facets of promoting your services and technical knowledge into our quickly expanding customer base, so you spend less time finding clients and extra time generating money.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who act as the gateway to the key executives among our customers.
- Our selling and administration staffs will manage the entire selling and contracting process, from lead generation, project approval, customer needs definition, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility is on delivering high-level consulting service.
- Progent will provide you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, including convenient meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive database, procedures based on best practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced consulting professionals.
- Progent will share special benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, web access to restricted vendor support tools and product maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for education and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to become a member of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have these qualifications to join:
- You need to show a proven background as a consulting professional working on your own in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year record of successful consulting jobs or you must have an active customer base to which you currently deliver continuing support services.
- You should demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of concentration, including having a long task-relevant record and strong references, and possess current manufacturer and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You have to know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You need to have strong inter-personal skills and understand how to operate effectively by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You need to know how to explain realistic goals to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you should know how analyze tasks, create task plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Network Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a better consulting professional by enhancing your technical knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the top professional talent for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art system architecture, using specialized application utilities to enable the maximum level of service, and by streamlining proven business structures for finding and keeping customers.
The most important factor that separates Progent from most network support companies is the high quality of our support professionals. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have joined us, we have recruited the best expertise covering a broad range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Mac, Linux, VMware, or other crucial application, we engage experts who can enable you to be successful on larger jobs by leveraging the aggregate skills of Progent's team of experts.
To promote the productivity of our team, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful tools to do the job efficiently. We will leverage information technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office environment allows effortless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with other Progent consultants — entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. You don’t waste time or forfeit income with daily drives to a physical office, and any driving you do for on-site client jobs is based on your own time table, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that most of Progent's support work can be done remotely, representing 100% efficiency for income-producing hours. In practice, some Progent staff do remote support only.
Our operations are set up for responding rapidly and efficiently to customer needs through information exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Even though Progent's engineers operate with a high level of freedom, dispatching is unified, client issues and solutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and organized for easy retrieval, current engineer availability is broadcast to streamline group tasks and simplify problem escalation, and client approval is continually evaluated. We strengthen the sense of cooperation through periodic workgroup meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of Progent's team is located across California, but we are attracting a quickly expanding group of consulting professionals from across the United States. Our virtual office environment does away with regional boundaries that restrict the productivity of conventional business structures. We enhance the package by providing a comprehensive benefit program to ensure the health and economic welfare of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consultants, our marketing and administration teams match the high standards that is Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progent’s growth are enabling us to identify and land the 50-60 new customers we are now engaging each month. Progent recently marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales operation.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a key for success with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a steady series of technical challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Clients choose consulting firms to do the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, leading-edge deployments, vexing or chronic problems, and tricky migrations are the foundation for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for computer professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every morning excited about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by building close client relationships and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused company from top to bottom. If you don’t offer strong people skills or like cooperating with a varied assortment of people, then we are probably not a good match.
If all this sounds right for you, we invite you to contact us about our view of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well architected and implemented network can be a crucial factor for accelerating any firm's growth, and Progent applies this credo in our own system infrastructure. Progent has built a non-stop virtual office network that allows our in-house engineers and authorized contractors to deliver fast and efficient service, collaborate easily on sophisticated projects, and experience career and personal growth from being part of an exciting company ethos of personal drive and independence.