Among America's top computer consultant companies for business systems, Progent maintains a full-time staff of certified support experts who focus on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- System security expertise
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and system administration
Our Experts Group, which includes freelance experts premier and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized skills in a broad range of key business areas and network solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Web application design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and management help
- Office Access database programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Creative structures for attracting clients, providing support, maintaining a dynamic company culture, and providing generous compensation and benefits have enabled Progent to be one of the fastest expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the United States and to establish an international presence for delivering online IT service. If you are a certified computer technician or information technology consultant with a focus on a client success and excellent communication skills, you will discover Progent a chance for adding to your technical skills, living a more rewarding career, and achieving economic security.
Find Out More Information Concerning Jobs with Progent
Follow these links to find out more details about our work opportunities, company culture, operational conditions, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Work at Progent
Progent is hiring a variety of on-staff workers such as experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer consultants; connectivity experts who have Cisco certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant system design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop environments, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent is also looking for desktop support experts, remote service professionals, and CISM accredited security professionals. We are also looking for experienced managers who can perform effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Find out additional details about full-time professional services jobs at Progent by visiting Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contracting Work at Progent
Progent works with independent professionals who have proven knowledge and field background in high-demand IT areas beyond Progent's main service concentration. Our Experts Group includes contractors who can provide consulting and programming services for strategic solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have specialized knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer expert skills in technologies such as telecom, web design, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle DBM development and administration. Independent contractors premier by Progent coordinate with our staff consultants to deliver end-to-end IT services for small company networks. To learn more information about contract opportunities with our Experts Consulting Group, go to Freelance Work with Progent.
How Progent Is Different
We have managed to attract the top professional experts by being different. With a powerful mix of enterprising spirit, insistence on customer success, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, and a flexible business structure that offers life-style options for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic environment for talented consultants who have a desire for quickly enhancing their technical abilities to deliver concrete solutions for a variety of businesses and network environments. Learn more information about ways that we are exceptional by visiting Ways That We Are Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office model incorporates advanced technologies that allow remote access, wireless communication, easy availability of our support databases, and instant cooperation with mobile colleagues to help you to handle challenging IT issues. Our virtual office network frees consultants to focus on providing IT solutions instead of fighting traffic and lets you build lasting customer relationships by enabling you to provide fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn more information concerning Progent's virtual office work environment, go to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is wholly based on what you generate. Consultants have the option of focusing on quality of life and choosing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing our versatile schedule to follow individual pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn significant money through persistent work and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers complete family health coverage as well as numerous other benefits. Learn more details concerning our compensation model and benefit programs by visiting Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent FAQs
To see replies to common questions concerning being a consultant at Progent, refer to Jobs at Progent FAQs.
Below is a description of some current job openings:
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant -
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the to help a range of small organizations to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Positions
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information on Desktop Engineer Job
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange design and implementation projects. The right applicant should be a technical consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This role demands a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these platforms.
More information on Senior Exchange Consultant Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's extensive selection of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and explaining key components of service proposals that associate our services with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing technology
Specifics about Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to enquire about any opening shown above, you should send your background information to email@example.com. Please include the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Jobs with Us
Career Work for Network Engineers, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to find fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco accredited network consultants with Cisco CCIE certification; security professionals with CISM or comparable security certification; and advanced system design experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, business continuity, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for professionals to work on Progent's team of desktop support specialists and remote troubleshooting professionals. In addition, We are seeking experienced administrators able to operate productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of skilled and motivated professionals, delivering world-class customer care, and offering a strong results-based pricing model, We have been able to expand our customer list dramatically while providing consulting services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared information database, and a group approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied client base.
If you are an information technology professional with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or helping our clients will enhance your knowledge via cooperation with our staff of highly supportive, expert engineers. Progent's focus on delivering network expertise and technical support to small and midsize companies will give you the opportunity to work intimately with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the growth of dynamic companies.
Progent is hiring consultants who have verifiable certification in their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your Microsoft MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other leading security credentials. Naturally, we are aware of ďpaper MCSEs.Ē However, simply because a credential does not guarantee excellence is no justification for not earning one. If you know your field, then most of these certifications should pose no challenge. The point is that if you call yourself an expert, then clients expect certifications. We will promote your talents, but you should have standard credentials for Progent to market. In case you happen to be strongly against the concept of certifications, Progent can understand and respect your opinion, but you are probably not a good fit.
Contract Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, our computer engineers have provided affordable and successful computer support expertise for companies in the and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared support database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a talented staff and dramatically expand a loyal customer base.
The Experts Team is our way to provide clients the services of expert information technology support engineers who have advanced skills and field background in key technologies outside of Progent's core focus in network support and security. Experts Group consultants are often freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by Progent to work closely with Progent's in-house consultants to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class network services to small and midsize companies. We are continually enhancing our Experts Group in order to meet the particular needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Team now provides consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Mission-critical and vertical application help
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom applications development and deployment
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal development and integration
- DBM management and performance consulting
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecom systems support
Benefits of being a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you get to leverage the impact of Progent's explosive growth and top-notch recognition in the marketplace. By having a group of talented and dedicated professionals, offering attentive client support, and following a proven, ROI-focused pricing model, we have multiplied our customer base during the last several years and Progent now delivers professoinal services to hundreds of companies in and throughout the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing staff takes care of all facets of marketing your skills and areas of knowledge into our rapidly growing client base, so you spend less effort signing up customers and more time making revenue.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and our key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who are the gateway to the key executives among our customers.
- Our selling and operations staffs will manage the complete sales and engagement cycle, from opportunity identification, project qualification, client requirements definition, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility stays with providing high-level consulting service.
- Progent will provide you access to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, offering professional conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive knowledge base, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of professional publications, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced network engineers.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, web connections to special vendor support utilities and product maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use software for education and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to become a member of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has these requirements for membership:
- You should show a proven background as a consulting professional working independently in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year record of completed contracting projects and/or have an active customer base to which you now provide continuing consulting activity.
- You should demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of concentration, including having an extensive task-relevant history and excellent references, and have current vendor or industry professional qualifications.
- You must know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your skills. You must have excellent communications skills and be able to work effectively by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You have to know how to articulate realistic expectations to clients and other Progent team members and you should know how scope out jobs, produce project plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Network Engineers
Progent's work environment will make you a better consultant by improving your technical knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the top consulting experts for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art system architecture, using custom software utilities to deliver the highest level of service, and by optimizing our business structures for attracting and keeping clients.
The main factor that differentiates us from most network support firms is the excellence of our service staff. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with us, we have assembled top talent across a broad array of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux, VMware, or other vital areas, we deploy experts who can enable you to be successful on larger projects by combining the collective experience of Progent's group of professionals.
To ensure the success of Progent's team, we invest significantly in providing the best technology to do the job efficiently. Progent will exploit information technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows seamless connectivity, cooperation, and information sharing with other Progent team members ó all from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants donít throw away time or lose revenue because of regular drives to a physical office building, and all driving you do for on-site client work is based on your own time table, not Progent's. The best part is that most of Progent's consulting work can be done off-site, representing maximum efficiency for income-producing time. In fact, some Progent staff do remote support exclusively.
Our business structure is geared towards responding rapidly and efficiently to customer needs through information exchange and collaborative problem solving. Even though Progent's engineers operate with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is unified, client issues and resolutions are carefully monitored, documented, and organized for easy retrieval, up-to-date engineer availability is broadcast to streamline group projects and enable trouble escalation, and client approval is always monitored. We strengthen the sense of connection via periodic workgroup meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of our consultants are located throughout California, but Progent is attracting a quickly expanding team of consulting experts throughout the United States. Our virtual office environment eliminates regional boundaries that restrict the efficiency of traditional company models. We complete the deal by offering a comprehensive employee care program to ensure the health and economic security of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, our marketing and operations teams match the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progentís success are enabling us to target and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are currently acquiring every month. Progent recently marked the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing operation.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of network challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Customers choose consultants to do the ďhard stuff.Ē Innovative projects, advanced deployments, puzzling or chronic problems, and tricky upgrades are the basis for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for network engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every morning excited about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by establishing close customer contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization from top to bottom. If you do not have strong people skills or enjoy working with a varied group of personalities, then we are in all likelihood not a good fit.
If this seems right for you, we invite you to contact us about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully architected and executed information system is a crucial piece for accelerating a company's success, and we apply this belief in our own network infrastructure. Progent has built a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's in-house engineers and certified contractors to deliver rapid and effective service, collaborate closely on complex projects, and gain from professional and private growth by acting as part of an exciting company culture of personal drive and freedom.