One of America's top IT consultant firms for business systems, Progent manages a full-time team of certified service experts who focus on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- System security expertise
- Advanced connectivity infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and network management
Our Experts Group, which includes freelance consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized skills in a broad variety of vital software areas and network technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- BI consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application software design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and management help
- Microsoft Office Access database programming, enhancement and training
- Office and Office 365 online training
Creative models for attracting customers, delivering service, creating an efficient company culture, and providing highly competitive compensation and benefits have enabled Progent to become among the most rapidly growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the U.S. and to build an international organization for delivering remote network support. If you are an accredited computer technician or network expert with an orientation towards a customer success and excellent communication skills, consultants should consider Progent a chance for enhancing your professional skills, living a more independent lifestyle, and achieving economic security.
Learn More Information Concerning Jobs with Progent
Check out these links to learn more details about Progent's job openings, company culture, operational conditions, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Careers at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of full-time workers including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network consultants; system consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; and consultants for advanced network architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability systems, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also hiring workstation support technicians, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISM certified security engineers. We are also hiring veteran managers who can perform effectively in our dynamic, virtual office model. Find out more information about full-time professional services work at Progent by referring to Full-time Work at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities at Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals with specialized expertise and hands-on background in high-demand information technology topics outside our main technical focus. Progent's Experts Group includes independent consultants who can provide advice and programming services for strategic solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide world-class help in technologies like telecommunications, web development, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and management. Independent contractors premier by Progent cooperate with Progent's full-time consultants to provide end-to-end IT services for small company networks. In order to find out more information concerning contract jobs with Progent's Experts Team, go to Freelance Jobs with Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional
Progent has managed to attract the best consulting experts by being different. With a powerful mix of enterprising drive, commitment to client satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, and an independent work structure that accommodates life-style options for our consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating culture for talented individuals who posses a desire for rapidly enhancing their professional abilities to deliver concrete solutions for a variety of organizations and network environments. Learn more information concerning reasons we are unique by referring to How Progent Is Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office network utilizes sophisticated technical tools that enable off-site access, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of our knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with talented colleagues to allow you to deal with challenging IT problems. Our virtual office setting enables you to focus on providing service instead of fighting commutes and helps you nurture successful client relationships by permitting you to provide quick, effective, and affordable solutions. To learn more information about Progent's virtual office work environment, visit Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is entirely tied to the revenue you contribute. You have the option of concentrating on life style and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's flexible schedule to make time for personal pursuits, or you can choose to make significant income by hard work and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers complete family health care insurance plus many other benefits. Find out more details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefit programs by going to Progent Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see replies to frequent questions about becoming a consultant at Progent, see Working with Progent Questions and Answers.
Below is a list of Progent's available job openings:
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert -
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a variety of small and midsize organizations to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information on Desktop Support Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small organizations manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - , Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The ideal applicant should be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This position would require experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these technologies.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Positions
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's extensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and explaining crucial elements of service propositions which align Progent's deliverables with real business value
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving technology
Details about Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to apply for any position shown above, you should e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
Additional Facts About Jobs at Progent
Staff Work for Network Engineers, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco accredited system consultants who have CCIE credentials; security professionals who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security certification; and advanced network architecture consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks employees who can work on our staff of help desk support specialists and off-site troubleshooting professionals. In addition, We are seeking talented administrators able to perform productively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing world-class client care, and following a strong results-focused pricing structure, Progent has been able to increase our customer list rapidly while providing professional support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common knowledge base, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied customer base.
For an information technology professional with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or working for our customers will expand your skills through cooperation with our staff of mutually supportive, talented engineers. Our commitment to providing network consulting and computer support to small and midsize companies will offer you the chance to collaborate closely with key players and contribute significantly to the growth of dynamic companies.
Progent is looking for consultants that can show verifiable credentials in their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, have your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security credentials. Naturally, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, simply because a credential does not guarantee expertise is no excuse for not owning one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of these certifications should pose no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself an expert, then clients expect certifications. We can promote your skills, but you must provide standard credentials for us to market. In case you stand adamantly against the concept of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are probably not a good fit.
Freelance Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's information technology professionals have offered affordable and effective computer support services for companies in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common support database, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have enabled Progent to retain a strong in-house team and quickly expand a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to offer customers the help of specialized information technology consulting professionals who have advanced knowledge and work background in key technologies beyond Progent's core focus in system support and security. Experts Group consultants are often freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by Progent to work closely with Progent's staff consultants to deliver end-to-end, world-class network services to small and midsize businesses. We are continually expanding the Experts Team in order to address the special requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team now offers support in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Line-of-business and vertical application support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom program design and integration
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and customer information portal development and deployment
- Database support and efficiency help
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications architecture support
Benefits of being part of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you get to benefit from the impact of our dramatic growth and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By maintaining a group of talented and dedicated professionals, providing excellent client care, and following a strong, value-oriented pricing model, we have multiplied our customer base during the past few years and Progent now provides consulting services to hundreds of businesses in and across the United States.
- Our veteran marketing team handles all aspects of marketing your skills and areas of expertise into our rapidly expanding client base, so you spend less effort signing up clients and more time generating revenue.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and Progent's key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who act as the conduit to the influential managers among our customers.
- Progent's sales and operations teams will manage the entire selling and contracting process, from lead generation, job qualification, customer needs description, skills matching, project analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus is on delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you connections to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, including convenient conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm access throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive knowledge base, processes based on best practices, abundance of professional publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced consulting engineers.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, web access to restricted vendor support tools and technical maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use software for education or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to be part of our Experts Team, but we do have the following qualifications to join:
- You should have a proven background as a consulting professional operating independently in your field of specialization, including at least a two year record of completed consulting jobs and/or have your own active client base for which you now deliver ongoing support services.
- You need to show that you have expertise in your field of specialization, which includes having an extensive work-related record and strong referrals, and have current vendor and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You have to be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You should have strong people skills and understand how to work successfully alone or as a member of a team.
- You must be able to articulate proper goals to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you should be able scope out tasks, produce task plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by improving your technical knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the top consulting talent for you to work with, providing an advanced network and communications infrastructure, using custom software utilities to deliver the highest quality of support, and by streamlining proven business structures for attracting and keeping clients.
The most important factor that differentiates us from typical network support firms is the quality of our consultants. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited top talent covering a wide range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Apple, Linux, virtual servers, or other crucial application, we deploy experts who can help you to be effective on larger projects by leveraging the collective skills of our team of professionals.
To ensure the success of our team, we invest heavily in making available the best technology to do the job efficiently. Progent will leverage technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows effortless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with other Progent team members — entirely from home-based or mobile offices. You don’t waste time or lose income because of regular commutes to a physical office, and any travel you do for in-person customer work is based on your own time table, not Progent's. The best part is that most of our consulting work can be performed off-site, representing 100% productivity for billable time. In practice, some of our team members do remote consulting exclusively.
Progent's business structure is geared towards responding rapidly and efficiently to client requirements through knowledge sharing and cooperative problem solving. Even though our engineers operate with a high level of independence, resource allocation is centralized, client problems and resolutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and archived for convenient reference, up-to-date consultant schedules are published to streamline group tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is always evaluated. We reinforce the sense of connection via periodic team meetings and regular company-wide events.
Most of Progent's team is situated throughout California, but Progent is building a quickly expanding group of consulting professionals throughout the U.S. Our virtual office environment eliminates geographic obstacles that restrict the efficiency of traditional company structures. We enhance the deal by providing a full employee care plan to promote the physical health and financial security of our employees and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's sales and administration groups match the excellence that characterizes Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progent’s growth are helping us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are currently engaging every month. Progent recently marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong sales organization.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with us. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a steady series of network challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Clients rely on consulting firms to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, advanced deployments, vexing or chronic issues, and tricky upgrades are the basis for what we do daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for computer professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by building strong client relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their success. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company heart and soul. If you do not have strong people skills or like working with a varied group of people, then we are in all likelihood not a good fit.
If all this seems right for you, we urge you to contact Progent about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well architected and executed network can be a pivotal factor for accelerating any firm's success, and we apply this credo in our own network infrastructure. We have created a non-stop virtual office network that enables our in-house consultants and authorized contractors to deliver fast and efficient support, collaborate easily on sophisticated projects, and gain from professional and private maturity by being part of a dynamic business culture of self motivation and freedom.