Among the premier computer consulting companies for business systems, Progent maintains a large staff of certified support experts who concentrate on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Enterprise security consulting
- Sophisticated connectivity architecture
- Off-site IT support and network administration
Progent's Experts Group, which includes freelance consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, provides highly specialized skills covering a broad variety of critical software applications and networking technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Business Intelligence consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web app development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office and Office 365 individual and group training
Creative models for attracting clients, delivering service, nurturing an efficient working environment, and providing highly competitive profit sharing have enabled Progent to become among the fastest expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the United States and to establish a worldwide presence for providing remote IT support. If you are an accredited IT support professional or information technology consultant with a drive for a client success and strong communication skills, consultants should consider Progent a chance for adding to your professional knowledge, living a more independent lifestyle, and attaining economic success.
Find Out More Details Concerning Jobs with Progent
Check out these pages to find out more details concerning our job openings, business culture, operational conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Consulting Positions at Progent
Progent is hiring a variety of full-time employees including motivated Microsoft MCSE network consultants; network experts who have Cisco CCIE certification; and specialists in advanced network design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability systems, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and server virtualization. We are also seeking workstation support technicians, remote service professionals, and CISSP accredited security professionals. Progent is also seeking veteran managers and administrators able to perform efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Find out more information about staff consulting work at Progent by going to Consulting Positions at Progent.
Freelance Work at Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals who have proven knowledge and field background in high-demand IT topics outside our main service focus. Progent's Experts Team hires independent consultants who offer consulting and programming services for line-of-business solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess deep expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer expert help in areas such as telecommunications, web development, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and administration. Freelance contractors certified by us coordinate with our full-time engineers to provide end-to-end IT services for small business networks. If you want to learn additional information concerning freelance opportunities with our Experts Team, refer to Freelance Jobs at Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Unique
Progent has been able to recruit the best professional experts by being different. Providing an innovative blend of enterprising drive, insistence on customer success, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, and a flexible business model that allows for quality-of-life options for our team members, Progent creates a stimulating setting for talented individuals who have a desire for quickly enhancing their technical abilities to deliver real-world solutions for a range of businesses and technical environments. Learn more information about reasons we are unique by visiting Ways That Progent Is Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office model incorporates sophisticated technologies that support off-site support, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of our knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with mobile colleagues to help you to handle challenging network issues. Progent's virtual office model frees consultants to concentrate on providing service instead of fighting commutes and helps consultants establish successful customer relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn more information concerning our virtual office network, go to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefits
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is directly tied to the revenue you generate. Consultants have the choice of focusing on life style and electing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing our flexible structure to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable money through persistent work and long hours. Progent also offers full family health insurance as well as numerous other benefits. Learn additional details about our compensation and benefits by going to Progent Compensation Model and Benefits.
Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers
For answers to common questions concerning being employed by Progent, go to Jobs at Progent FAQs.
Here is a list of Progent's available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Job
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information about Desktop Engineer Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small businesses maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Positions
Senior Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The ideal applicant would be a computer consultant with expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This position calls for a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Details about Sr. Exchange Expert Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's broad portfolio of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
More information about Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining crucial elements of engagement propositions which align Progent's deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly changing technology
If you would like to apply for any opening listed above, you should send your background information to email@example.com. Please state the job codes of the positions that interest you.
Details About Opportunities at Progent
Staff Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to find fulltime, results-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE credentials; Cisco accredited system consultants who have Cisco CCIE certification; security professionals with CISM or equivalent security credentials; and high-end system architecture experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, data preservation, and VMware. Progent also is hiring employees to join our team of helpdesk support technicians and remote support experts. Also, Progent is hiring experienced managers able to perform productively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing attentive customer services, and offering a strong results-focused pricing model, We have managed to expand our client list dramatically while delivering consulting services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared information base, and a team approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a satisfied client base.
If you are an information technology consultant with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or helping Progent's customers will enhance your skills through interaction with our staff of mutually supportive, expert engineers. Our commitment to providing network expertise and technical help to small and midsize organizations will offer you the chance to collaborate intimately with decision makers and add appreciably to the success of dynamic companies.
Progent is looking for consultants that have recognized credentials related to their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco professionals, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should show you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security certifications. Of course, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". However, the fact that a credential can not ensure excellence is no reason for not having one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of those certifications should be no challenge. The point is that if you are a professional, then clients expect credentials. We can promote your talents, but you need to have a baseline of credentials for Progent to work with. If you stand strongly opposed to the concept of certifications, we can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Jobs for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, Progent's computer professionals have offered low-cost and effective computer consulting services for businesses in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common technical database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a strong consulting group and dramatically expand a satisfied client base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer customers the help of expert computer support engineers who have in-depth knowledge and field experience in important areas beyond our primary concentration in network support and security. Experts Team members are typically freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by Progent to work closely with Progent's staff consultants to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class network services to small and midsize companies. We are continually enhancing the Experts Group in order to meet the particular requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team currently provides consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Strategic and vertical application help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom program development and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal design and integration
- SQL support and performance consulting
- Business information consulting
- Telecom systems consulting
Benefits of becoming part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you can leverage the impact of Progent's dramatic expansion and excellent reputation in the marketplace. By maintaining a group of talented and committed consultants, providing excellent client support, and following a strong, ROI-oriented billing structure, we have multiplied our customer base over the past several years and Progent now delivers professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in California and across the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing staff takes care of all aspects of marketing your skills and areas of knowledge into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you expend less effort finding clients and extra time making revenue.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and our core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who are the gateway to the key executives among our customers.
- Progent's selling and operations staffs will manage the entire selling and engagement cycle, from opportunity generation, project qualification, customer needs description, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire focus is on providing top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will gives you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, plus data and voice access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to our vast knowledge base, procedures based on industry best practices, library of professional documents, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest independent groups of expert network professionals.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line connections to restricted vendor support utilities and technical support resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for education or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to be a member of our Experts Team, but we do have strict qualifications for membership:
- You should show a strong track record as a consulting professional operating on your own in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year record of successful consulting jobs or you must have an active client base to which you now deliver ongoing consulting services.
- You should demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of specialization, which includes having an extensive work-related history and strong referrals, and have up-to-date manufacturer or institutional professional certifications.
- You must be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You should have excellent inter-personal skills and know how to operate effectively by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You need to be able to explain realistic expectations to customers and other Progent team members and you must know how analyze tasks, create project plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Network Engineers
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a better professional by improving your technical skills and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the best consulting talent for you to operate with, offering an advanced network and communications architecture, using custom application tools to deliver the highest quality of service, and by optimizing our business models for attracting and retaining customers.
The decisive factor that differentiates Progent from ordinary consulting firms is the quality of our consulting team. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with us, we have assembled the best talent across a wide array of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other crucial areas, we engage professionals who can enable you to be successful on larger projects by leveraging the collective experience of Progent's group of professionals.
To promote the productivity of our team, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful tools to do the job efficiently. Progent will leverage information technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office environment enables effortless connectivity, collaboration, and information sharing with fellow Progent team members — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or lose revenue with daily commutes to a physical office building, and all travel you do for in-person customer jobs is based on your time table, not ours. The best benefit is that much of our consulting services can be performed remotely, representing 100% efficiency for income-producing hours. In fact, some Progent staff do off-site consulting only.
Our operations are set up for reacting rapidly and efficiently to customer needs via information sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Even though our engineers operate with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, client problems and resolutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and archived for easy retrieval, up-to-date engineer schedules are broadcast to streamline group projects and simplify problem escalation, and customer approval is continually evaluated. We reinforce the sense of cooperation through monthly team conferences and regular company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's team is situated across California, however Progent is building a quickly growing team of consulting professionals throughout the United States. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with regional obstacles that restrict the productivity of traditional business models. We enhance the package by providing a comprehensive employee care program to ensure the physical health and financial security of our employees and their families.
Just as we have awesome consultants, Progent's sales and operations teams live up to the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch factors behind our success are helping us to identify and sign up the scores of new clients we are currently acquiring each month. Progent recently marked the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective marketing operation.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a key for success with us. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of technical challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Customers choose consultants to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, advanced implementations, vexing or chronic problems, and difficult migrations are the basis for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for network professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by building close client relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company from top to bottom. If you do not offer excellent people skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied assortment of people, then Progent is probably a poor fit.
If this seems good to you, we invite you to contact us about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and implemented network is a crucial factor for enabling any firm's growth, and we follow this belief in our own network infrastructure. Progent has created a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that allows our in-house consultants and authorized contractors to deliver fast and efficient service, collaborate closely on sophisticated projects, and gain from career and private maturity from being part of a dynamic business ethos of personal drive and freedom.