One of the top IT consulting companies for business networks, Progent maintains a full-time team of certified service professionals who focus on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Network security analysis
- Sophisticated system infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and system management
Progent's Experts Team, which includes independent experts certified and managed by Progent, provides highly specialized knowledge covering a wide range of vital software areas and network solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Business Intelligence expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based application design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Access database programming, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Creative models for acquiring clients, providing support, establishing an efficient company culture, and offering highly competitive compensation have allowed Progent to be among the most rapidly expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the United States and to build an international organization for delivering remote network expertise. If you are a certified IT technician or network expert with an orientation towards a customer success and strong people skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent a chance for increasing your professional knowledge, living a more rewarding career, and achieving economic security.
Learn More Details About Jobs at Progent
Follow these links to learn additional information about Progent's job opportunities, company culture, work environment, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Consulting Careers at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of full-time professionals including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCP network engineers; system consultants with Cisco CCIE certification; and consultants for advanced network design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop systems, business continuity solutions, data protection, and server virtualization. We are also looking for workstation support experts, remote service professionals, and CISM certified security engineers. We are also looking for veteran managers and administrators who can operate efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office model. Find out more details about full-time professional services positions at Progent by visiting Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Freelance Jobs at Progent
Progent works with independent professionals with proven knowledge and field background in crucial IT topics beyond our main service concentration. Progent's Experts Team hires independent consultants who can provide consulting and development support for strategic solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have specialized expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer expert skills in technologies like telecommunications, web site design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and administration. Independent contractors certified by us coordinate with Progent's full-time engineers to provide end-to-end solutions for small business networks. In order to find out more information about freelance work with our Experts Consulting Group, go to Contract Opportunities at Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Different
We have managed to attract the best professional experts by being unique. Providing a powerful mix of entrepreneurial drive, dedication to customer success, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus an independent work model that offers quality-of-life choices for our team members, Progent offers a stimulating environment for select individuals who posses a desire for quickly enhancing their professional abilities to create real-world solutions for a range of organizations and network environments. Learn more information about ways that Progent is different by going to How We Are Different.
Our Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office model utilizes sophisticated technologies that enable remote access, wireless connectivity, easy access to Progent's support databases, and close collaboration with mobile colleagues to help you to solve business-critical network issues. Our virtual office network enables you to concentrate on providing service rather than fighting commutes and lets consultants establish lasting customer relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. To find out more information concerning Progent's virtual office infrastructure, see Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefits
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you make is wholly based on what you generate. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's flexible schedule to make time for personal pursuits, or you can choose to earn significant money through persistent effort and long consulting time. Progent also provides comprehensive family health care insurance plus many other benefits. Find out more details concerning our compensation and benefits by referring to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Working with Progent Q&A
To see answers to frequent questions concerning being employed by Progent, go to Working with Progent Questions and Answers.
Below is a description of some current job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a variety of small businesses to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details on Desktop Engineer Positions
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize organizations maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Sr. Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment projects. The ideal applicant should be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This position would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these platforms.
Details on Sr. Exchange Expert Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's broad portfolio of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating key components of service propositions which align our deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining strong relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving IT technology
If you want to ask about any job shown above, you should e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Details About Jobs with Us
Fulltime Work for Network Engineers, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Support Technicians
Progent wants to find staff-level, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited network engineers who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security consultants who have CISSP or comparable security credentials; and high-end system design consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, service continuity, disaster recovery, information protection, and VMware. Progent also is hiring employees who can work on Progent's team of helpdesk support specialists and remote troubleshooting professionals. In addition, We are looking for experienced managers able to perform productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, delivering world-class customer services, and following a strong value-based pricing structure, We have managed to expand our client base rapidly while providing professional services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared knowledge base, and a group approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a satisfied customer list.
For an information technology professional with technical support experience, joining Progent or helping Progent's clients can expand your skills via interaction with Progent's staff of highly team-oriented, talented engineers. Progent's focus on providing network expertise and computer support to small and midsize organizations will offer you the chance to work intimately with key players and add significantly to the success of dynamic businesses.
Progent is looking for technical professionals that can show verifiable certification related to their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your Microsoft MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or one of the other top security certifications. Naturally, we are familiar with "paper experts". Still, the fact that a certificate can not ensure expertise is no reason for not having one. If you know your stuff, then most of these certifications should present no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then customers expect credentials. Progent will promote your talents, but you should provide a baseline of credentials for us to market. In case you happen to be adamantly opposed to the idea of certifications, we can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are likely not a good fit.
Freelance Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, our information technology professionals have offered low-cost and effective network consulting services for small businesses in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common support database, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have enabled Progent to build a strong staff and dramatically expand a loyal clientele.
The Experts Team is our way to provide customers the services of expert computer consulting engineers who have in-depth skills and field background in important areas outside of Progent's primary concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are often independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by Progent to work closely with Progent's staff consultants to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small and midsize companies. Progent is continually expanding the Experts Group in order to meet the special requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Group currently provides consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Line-of-business and vertical program support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Special applications design and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and client portal design and deployment
- DBM management and efficiency help
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecom systems consulting
Advantages of becoming part of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you get to take advantage of the impact of our dramatic expansion and top-notch recognition in the marketplace. By having a group of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing excellent customer support, and following a proven, ROI-focused billing model, we have quadrupled our clientele over the past several years and Progent now delivers professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in and across the United States.
- Our experienced marketing staff takes care of all facets of promoting your services and technical expertise into our quickly expanding client base, so you expend less time signing up customers and extra time generating revenue.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who act as the conduit to the decision makers among our clients.
- Our sales and operations teams will take care of the complete selling and contracting process, from opportunity identification, project approval, customer needs description, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire focus is on providing top-quality consulting service.
- We will provide you access to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering professional meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm access throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive database, processes based on best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert consulting professionals.
- We will share special benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, on-line access to special vendor support tools and technical support resources, and on-line in-house use programs for training or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to become part of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have these requirements to join:
- You need to have a strong background as a consulting professional operating on your own in your area of specialization, including at least a two year history of completed consulting projects or you must have your own active customer base to whom you currently provide continuing consulting activity.
- You should show that you are an expert in your area of concentration, which includes having a long task-relevant record and excellent references, and have current vendor or industry professional qualifications.
- You have to be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your skills. You should have strong inter-personal skills and understand how to operate effectively alone or as part of a team.
- You should be able to articulate realistic goals to customers and other Progent team members and you must be able scope out tasks, produce project plans, and define realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a more capable consultant by enhancing your information technology knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the top professional experts for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, using custom software tools to enable the maximum level of support, and by optimizing proven operational models for finding and keeping customers.
The main factor that distinguishes Progent from ordinary network support companies is the high caliber of our consulting team. Among the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited the best expertise across a wide array of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Macintosh, Linux, VMware, or other crucial areas, we deploy professionals who can help you to be successful on larger projects by leveraging the aggregate experience of Progent's team of professionals.
To promote the success of our consultants, we invest heavily in providing the best technology to do the job efficiently. We will leverage technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables effortless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with other Progent consultants ó all from home-based or mobile offices. You donít waste time or forfeit income because of daily commutes to a conventional office building, and any driving you do for in-person client jobs is determined by your schedule, not ours. The best benefit is that much of our consulting services can be done off-site, representing maximum efficiency for income-producing hours. In practice, some Progent team members do off-site consulting only.
Progent's business structure is set up for responding quickly and efficiently to client requirements through information sharing and cooperative problem solving. Even though our consultants work with a high level of freedom, dispatching is unified, client problems and solutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and organized for convenient reference, up-to-date consultant schedules are broadcast to facilitate group tasks and enable trouble escalation, and client approval is continually evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of connection via monthly workgroup meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of our consultants are situated across California, but we are building a quickly expanding team of consulting experts from across the United States. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic boundaries that limit the productivity of conventional business models. We complete the package by offering a comprehensive benefit program to ensure the health and economic welfare of our employees and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's sales and administration teams live up to the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance factors behind our growth are helping us to target and land the scores of new clients we are now acquiring every month. We recently marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective sales operation.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a key for growth with us. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a continual series of technical challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Customers rely on consulting firms to do the ďhard stuff.Ē Innovative tasks, advanced implementations, vexing or chronic issues, and tricky upgrades are the basis for what we do every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for computer professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every day excited about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by establishing strong client contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization through and through. If you donít have strong people skills or like cooperating with a diverse assortment of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good match.
If all this seems right for you, we urge you to contact us about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully architected and implemented network can be a crucial piece for enabling any company's success, and Progent follows this philosophy in our corporate system infrastructure. Progent has built a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's staff engineers and authorized contractors to offer fast and efficient support, collaborate closely on sophisticated projects, and experience career and personal growth by being part of an exciting business culture of personal drive and freedom.