One of America's top IT consulting companies for business networks, Progent maintains a full-time team of talented service experts who focus on core technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- System security expertise
- Advanced system infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and system management
Our Experts Group, which includes freelance consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, provides highly refined knowledge covering a wide variety of vital software areas and network technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based app development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and management help
- Microsoft Office Access database application development, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Creative structures for finding customers, providing support, creating an efficient company culture, and offering highly competitive compensation and benefits have enabled Progent to be one of the fastest expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the United States and to establish an international organization for delivering online IT expertise. If you are an accredited computer support professional or information technology consultant with a focus on a customer service and excellent people skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent an opportunity for increasing your technical skills, developing a more rewarding career, and attaining economic success.
Learn Additional Information Concerning Working with Progent
Follow these links to find out more details concerning our job openings, business philosophy, operational conditions, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Positions at Progent
Progent is seeking a range of on-staff workers including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network consultants; network consultants who have Cisco certification; and consultants for advanced network architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop environments, business continuity planning, data preservation, and VMware technology. Progent is also looking for workstation support technicians, off-site service professionals, and CISSP accredited security professionals. We are also seeking experienced managers able to perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Find out additional information about full-time consulting positions at Progent by going to Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Contracting Work at Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals with proven expertise and hands-on experience in important IT topics beyond Progent's main service focus. Our Experts Team employs contractors who offer advice and development services for line-of-business solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide world-class help in technologies such as telecom, web design, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and administration. Freelance contractors premier by us coordinate with our staff engineers to deliver end-to-end IT services for small and midsize company networks. If you want to learn more details concerning contracting jobs with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, visit Freelance Opportunities with Progent.
Ways That We Are Different
We have managed to attract the best professional experts by being different. Providing a powerful mix of enterprising spirit, insistence on client satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, plus a flexible business structure that accommodates quality-of-life choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic culture for select consultants who have a drive for rapidly enhancing their professional abilities to create concrete benefits for a range of businesses and network environments. Learn more details about how Progent is unique by going to Ways That Progent Is Different.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office environment incorporates sophisticated technologies that enable off-site access, wireless communication, easy availability of Progent's support databases, and instant cooperation with mobile colleagues to help you to handle business-critical network problems. Our virtual office structure enables you to concentrate on providing IT solutions instead of fighting traffic and lets you nurture lasting customer relationships by permitting you to provide fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to learn more details concerning our virtual office work environment, refer to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is wholly based on what you contribute. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on life style and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our flexible structure to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to earn significant income by persistent effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers complete family health care insurance plus many other benefits. Learn additional details about our compensation and benefit programs by referring to Progent Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For answers to popular enquiries about being employed by Progent, see Employment at Progent Questions and Answers.
Below is a description of some current job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small businesses manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange expert to lead large-scale Exchange planning and implementation projects. The right applicant should be a technical consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This role would require experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's extensive selection of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Details about Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating crucial elements of service proposals that tie our services with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually changing IT technology
If you wish to enquire about any opening listed above, please send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
Additional Facts Concerning Opportunities with Us
Fulltime Work for Network Consultants, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent wants to hire full-time, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE credentials; Cisco accredited network consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security consultants who have CISM or comparable security credentials; and high-end system architecture consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, service continuity, workplace recovery, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for employees to join Progent's staff of helpdesk support technicians and remote troubleshooting professionals. Also, We are looking for experienced administrators able to perform effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, delivering world-class client care, and following a strong results-focused fee structure, We have been able to expand our client base dramatically while delivering professional support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common information database, and a group strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a talented staff and a loyal client list.
If you are a network professional with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or working for our clients will enhance your knowledge via interaction with our group of mutually supportive, expert consultants. Progent's commitment to providing network consulting and computer help to small and midsize organizations will give you the chance to collaborate intimately with key players and contribute significantly to the growth of dynamic companies.
We are looking for consultants who can show recognized credentials in their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your MCSE credential. For Cisco professionals, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should have earned you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security credentials. Of course, we are aware of "paper experts". Notwithstanding, the fact that a certificate can not ensure excellence is no excuse for not having one. If you have mastered your field, then most of these tests should present no challenge. The bottom line is that if you call yourself an expert, then clients deserve to see credentials. Progent can broadcast your skills, but you need to have basic certifications for us to work with. In case you are strongly opposed to the concept of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Contract Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, our consulting engineers have provided low-cost and effective network consulting expertise for businesses in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared technical database, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have enabled us to retain a talented consulting group and quickly expand a satisfied client base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer customers the help of specialized computer consulting engineers who have in-depth knowledge and field background in key technologies beyond our primary focus in network support and security. Experts Team consultants are typically freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by us to work closely with Progent's staff engineers to provide end-to-end, world-class network solutions to small and midsize companies. We are always expanding our Experts Group in order to address the particular requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Group now offers support in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Strategic and vertical program support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special applications design and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and customer information portal development and deployment
- DBM support and performance consulting
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Advantages of becoming part of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to leverage the impact of Progent's explosive expansion and top-notch recognition in the industry. By having a group of talented and dedicated professionals, offering attentive customer care, and practicing a strong, ROI-focused billing structure, Progent has quadrupled our clientele over the past few years and Progent now delivers consulting services to hundreds of companies in and across the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing team takes care of all aspects of promoting your services and areas of expertise into our quickly growing customer base, so you expend less effort finding customers and more time making revenue.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and our key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who act as the conduit to the influential managers among Progent's clients.
- Progent's selling and operations groups will take care of the entire sales and contracting cycle, from lead identification, job qualification, customer needs definition, skills matching, job scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility stays with delivering top-quality consulting service.
- We will gives you access to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient conference sites in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast database, processes based on best practices, abundance of professional publications, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest pool of expert network engineers.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, web connections to restricted vendor support utilities and product maintenance resources, and on-line internal use software for training and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to be part of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have strict qualifications for membership:
- You need to show a strong background as a consulting professional working on your own in your field of expertise, including at least a two year record of completed consulting projects or you must have an active customer base to whom you now provide ongoing consulting activity.
- You must demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of specialization, which includes showing an extensive task-relevant history and excellent referrals, and have current vendor and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You must be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your skills. You must have excellent people skills and understand how to work efficiently alone or as part of a team.
- You must be able to communicate proper goals to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you have to know how analyze jobs, produce task plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Network Consultants
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by enhancing your technical knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the top consulting talent for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, using proprietary application utilities to enable the maximum level of support, and by optimizing our business structures for attracting and keeping clients.
The decisive factor that differentiates us from other network support firms is the high caliber of our support professionals. Out of the scores of consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited the best expertise across a broad range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Mac, Linux, virtual servers, or other vital areas, we engage experts who can enable you to be effective on larger projects by combining the collective experience of our group of experts.
To promote the success of our team, we invest heavily in making available the best tools to perform the job properly. Progent will leverage information technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables effortless connectivity, collaboration, and information exchange with other Progent consultants — entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit income with daily drives to a physical office, and all travel you do for on-site client work is determined by your time table, not ours. The best benefit is that most of Progent's consulting work can be performed off-site, representing maximum productivity for income-producing hours. In practice, some of our staff do off-site consulting only.
Progent's operations are geared towards reacting quickly and efficiently to client requirements through information exchange and collaborative problem solving. Although Progent's engineers operate with a high level of independence, dispatching is centralized, client issues and resolutions are carefully tracked, documented, and archived for convenient reference, up-to-date consultant availability is broadcast to facilitate group tasks and enable problem escalation, and client approval is continually monitored. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation via periodic team meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's team is situated throughout California, but Progent is building a quickly growing group of consulting experts throughout the U.S. Our virtual office environment eliminates regional obstacles that limit the efficiency of conventional company models. We enhance the package by providing a comprehensive employee care program to ensure the health and financial security of our employees and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, our sales and administration groups live up to the excellence that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progent’s growth are helping us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are currently engaging each month. Progent lately celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing organization.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a key for success with us. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a continual series of network challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Clients rely on consultants to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, advanced deployments, vexing or chronic issues, and tricky migrations are the basis for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for computer professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some great people, both by building strong client relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused company from top to bottom. If you do not have excellent communications skills or like cooperating with a diverse group of personalities, then Progent is probably a poor fit.
If this seems right for you, we urge you to contact Progent about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully designed and executed information system is a pivotal piece for accelerating any company's growth, and Progent follows this belief in our corporate network infrastructure. Progent has created a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables our in-house consultants and certified contractors to offer fast and efficient service, collaborate easily on complex jobs, and experience professional and personal maturity from being part of a dynamic company ethos of self motivation and freedom.