One of America's top computer consultant companies for business systems, Progent manages a large team of talented support professionals who concentrate on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Network security consulting
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and system administration
Our Experts Group, which includes freelance experts certified and managed by Progent, offers highly refined skills covering a broad variety of critical business applications and networking solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- BI consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web application development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and management help
- Microsoft Access database application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 individual and group training
Creative structures for attracting clients, delivering support, nurturing a dynamic working environment, and offering highly competitive compensation have allowed Progent to be among the most rapidly expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the United States and to build an international organization for providing online network assistance. If you are an accredited computer support professional or network consultant with a drive for a customer success and excellent people skills, you will discover Progent a chance for increasing your technical knowledge, living a more independent lifestyle, and attaining economic security.
Find Out Additional Information About Working with Progent
Follow these pages to learn more information about Progent's work openings, business culture, work conditions, compensation structure, and benefits:
Full-time Careers at Progent
We are looking for a range of on-staff employees including experienced Microsoft MCSE network consultants; network experts with Cisco CCIE certification; and specialists in advanced network design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability systems, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent is also hiring workstation support experts, off-site service professionals, and CISM certified security engineers. We are also seeking veteran managers and administrators able to perform efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office model. Learn more details about full-time professional services work at Progent by visiting Full-time Positions at Progent.
Contract Work at Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals with specialized knowledge and working background in crucial IT topics outside our primary technical focus. Progent's Experts Team includes independent consultants who offer advice and programming services for mission-critical solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide world-class help in areas like telecom, web design, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and management. Independent contractors certified by us cooperate with our staff consultants to provide end-to-end solutions for small and midsize business networks. In order to learn more details concerning contracting jobs with our Experts Consulting Group, go to Contract Opportunities with Progent.
Reasons That We Are Different
We have managed to recruit the best consulting experts by being unique. With an innovative blend of enterprising drive, insistence on customer satisfaction, use of advanced technology, plus an independent business structure that allows for quality-of-life options for Progent's team members, Progent creates a stimulating culture for talented consultants who have a desire for rapidly enhancing their professional abilities to deliver real-world solutions for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Find out more information concerning ways that we are different by referring to How We Are Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office model incorporates advanced technologies that support off-site support, wireless communication, easy access to Progent's support databases, and instant collaboration with mobile colleagues to allow you to handle business-critical network issues. Progent's virtual office network enables you to focus on delivering IT solutions rather than dealing with commutes and helps consultants establish successful client relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. In order to find out additional details about our virtual office network, see Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you make is wholly determined by what you contribute. Consultants have the option of focusing on life style and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's versatile schedule to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn significant money through hard work and long hours. Progent also provides complete family health coverage plus numerous additional benefits. Learn more about our compensation model and benefit packages by referring to Our Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Jobs at Progent FAQs
For answers to frequent enquiries about being a consultant at Progent, see Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Below is a description of some current job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a range of small businesses to maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Support Expert Positions
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small businesses manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Senior Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The right candidate should be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This role demands experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these platforms.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's broad portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
Details about Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining key elements of consulting propositions that associate our services with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing IT technology
If you want to apply for any job shown above, you should send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job codes of the positions of interest.
Details About Work at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent wants to find staff-level, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco accredited system engineers who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security consultants with CISA or equivalent security certification; and advanced network design experts with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, business continuity, information protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is hiring professionals who can join our staff of help desk service specialists and off-site support experts. Also, We are looking for experienced administrators who can operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of talented and motivated professionals, delivering attentive customer care, and offering a strong value-focused fee structure, Progent has been able to increase our customer list dramatically while delivering professional services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common information database, and a group approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a talented staff and a loyal client base.
For a network consultant with technical support experience, joining Progent or working for our clients will enhance your skills through cooperation with Progent's staff of highly supportive, talented engineers. Progent's commitment to providing information technology expertise and computer support to small organizations will offer you the opportunity to work closely with key players and contribute appreciably to the growth of exciting businesses.
Progent is looking for technical professionals who have recognized credentials related to their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco consultants, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For network security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or other top security credentials. Naturally, Progent is aware of "paper experts". Notwithstanding, the fact that a credential does not guarantee expertise is no reason for not owning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of those tests should be no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you are an expert, then clients expect credentials. Progent can broadcast your talents, but you need to have standard credentials for Progent to market. If you stand adamantly against the idea of certifications, we can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Contract Jobs for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, our computer professionals have provided affordable and successful network consulting expertise for businesses in the and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared support database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have helped Progent to build a strong staff and dramatically grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer clients the services of expert computer consulting engineers who have advanced knowledge and work background in important areas outside of our primary concentration in network support and security. Experts Group members are often independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by Progent to collaborate with our staff consultants to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class network services to small and midsize businesses. Progent is always expanding the Experts Team in order to address the special needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team currently provides support in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Strategic and vertical application support
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom applications development and integration
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal development and integration
- SQL management and performance help
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecom systems support
Benefits of being part of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you get to take advantage of the impact of our dramatic expansion and excellent recognition in the industry. By maintaining a team of skilled and committed consultants, offering attentive client care, and practicing a strong, value-oriented billing model, Progent has multiplied our clientele during the past few years and Progent now delivers consulting services to hundreds of businesses in California and across the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff takes care of all aspects of marketing your services and areas of knowledge into our quickly expanding customer base, so you expend less effort finding customers and more time generating money.
- We will assist in communications between you and our key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who act as the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's clients.
- Progent's sales and operations teams will manage the complete sales and engagement process, from opportunity identification, project approval, customer needs description, skills matching, project scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire focus is on providing high-level consulting service.
- We will gives you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, offering professional meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive database, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest pool of experienced information technology engineers.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, on-line access to special vendor troubleshooting tools and technical support resources, and downloadable internal use programs for education or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to be a member of our Experts Team, but we do have strict qualifications for membership:
- You should show a strong track record as a consulting professional working independently in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year history of completed contracting projects or you must have your own active customer base for which you currently provide continuing support activity.
- You must show that you have expertise in your area of specialization, including showing an extensive task-relevant history and excellent references, and have current vendor or industry professional qualifications.
- You have to know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You need to have excellent inter-personal skills and understand how to work effectively alone or as a member of a team.
- You must be able to articulate proper goals to customers and other Progent team members and you need to be able evaluate tasks, produce task plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a better professional by enhancing your information technology knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the top consulting talent for you to operate with, offering an advanced network and communications infrastructure, running proprietary software tools to deliver the maximum quality of service, and by streamlining our business structures for attracting and keeping customers.
The most important factor that distinguishes Progent from typical consulting firms is the excellence of our consultants. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have recruited top expertise covering a broad array of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other crucial technologies, we engage experts who can help you to be effective on larger jobs by leveraging the collective experience of our team of experts.
To ensure the success of Progent's team, we invest significantly in providing the best tools to do the job properly. We will exploit technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables effortless connectivity, collaboration, and information exchange with other Progent team members ó entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants donít waste time or forfeit income with daily drives to a conventional office, and any driving you do for in-person customer jobs is based on your time table, not ours. The best benefit is that much of our support services can be performed remotely, offering maximum efficiency for billable time. In practice, some of our staff do off-site support exclusively.
Progent's operations are geared towards reacting rapidly and effectively to client needs via information sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Although our engineers operate with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, client issues and resolutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and organized for easy retrieval, current consultant schedules are published to facilitate team projects and enable trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is continually monitored. We reinforce the feeling of connection through periodic workgroup conferences and regular company-wide events.
The majority of our consultants are located across California, but we are attracting a rapidly growing team of network professionals from across the U.S. Progent's virtual office environment does away with geographic boundaries that restrict the productivity of conventional company structures. We enhance the package by offering a comprehensive employee care program to ensure the physical health and economic welfare of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, our sales and administration teams match the excellence that characterizes Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progentís growth are enabling us to target and sign up the scores of new customers we are currently acquiring each month. We lately marked the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong marketing operation.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a key for success with us. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a continual series of technical challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Clients rely on a consultant to do the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or entrenched issues, and tricky upgrades are the basis for what we do every day. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for computer professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will work with some great folks, both by building strong customer relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization from top to bottom. If you donít have excellent communications skills or enjoy working with a diverse group of people, then we are in all likelihood not a good match.
If all this sounds right for you, we urge you to talk to us about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well architected and executed information system can be a pivotal factor for enabling any firm's success, and we follow this belief in our corporate system environment. We have built a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that allows our in-house engineers and authorized contractors to offer rapid and effective service, collaborate easily on sophisticated projects, and gain from professional and personal growth by being a member of an exciting company ethos of personal drive and freedom.