One of the top IT consulting companies for business networks, Progent maintains a large team of certified service experts who concentrate on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- System security analysis
- Sophisticated network infrastructures
- Remote IT support and system administration
Our Experts Team, which contracts independent experts certified and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally refined knowledge in a broad range of critical software applications and network solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database application development, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 consulting
Creative structures for acquiring customers, providing support, nurturing an efficient working environment, and providing generous compensation have enabled Progent to become among the fastest growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the United States and to establish a worldwide presence for delivering remote IT service. If you are an accredited computer technician or network consultant with an orientation towards a customer service and excellent communication skills, consultants will find in Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional knowledge, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining financial security.
Learn More Information Concerning Working at Progent
Follow these pages to find out additional information concerning Progent's job openings, business culture, work conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Careers at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of full-time employees such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network engineers; connectivity experts who have Cisco credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant system design with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop environments, business continuity solutions, data protection, and server virtualization. We are also looking for workstation support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA certified security professionals. We are also seeking veteran managers able to operate efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office model. Learn additional information about full-time professional services jobs at Progent by visiting Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Freelance Work at Progent
Progent works with independent consultants with in-depth expertise and hands-on background in high-demand IT areas outside our primary technical concentration. Our Experts Team includes independent consultants who offer advice and development services for line-of-business applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have specialized knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide world-class skills in technologies like telecommunications, web site development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and administration. Freelance consultants premier by us coordinate with our staff engineers to provide end-to-end IT services for small and midsize business networks. In order to learn more details about contracting work with our Experts Team, refer to Contracting Jobs at Progent.
Reasons That We Are Different
Progent has been able to attract the top consulting talent by being unique. With a powerful mix of enterprising spirit, commitment to client success, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, plus an independent work model that offers quality-of-life options for our team members, Progent creates a dynamic environment for talented individuals who posses a drive for rapidly enhancing their technical abilities to deliver concrete solutions for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Learn additional details concerning ways that we are different by going to Ways That We Are Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office network utilizes sophisticated technologies that allow remote support, wireless connectivity, easy access to our knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with talented colleagues to allow you to solve challenging IT problems. Our virtual office structure allows you to focus on delivering IT solutions rather than dealing with commutes and lets you establish lasting client relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, viable, and affordable solutions. In order to find out more details about Progent's virtual office infrastructure, go to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is directly based on what you contribute. You have the choice of focusing on quality of life and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using our versatile schedule to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn significant money by persistent work and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides comprehensive family health care coverage plus numerous other benefits. Find out more details about Progent's compensation and benefit programs by visiting Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For replies to popular enquiries about becoming employed by Progent, go to Jobs at Progent FAQs.
The following is a list of some current job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant -
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a range of small and midsize businesses to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize organizations maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Sr. Exchange Consultant - , Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Exchange design and implementation projects. The right applicant should be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This role demands experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
More information on Senior Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's extensive portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Generating and articulating key elements of service proposals which align our services with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining good relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving technology
Specifics on Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to enquire about any job shown above, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
More Information About Work at Progent
Staff Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent wants to hire staff-level, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco accredited system consultants who have Cisco CCIE certification; security professionals with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security certification; and high-end system architecture experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, business continuity, information preservation, and VMware. Progent also seeks professionals to work on our staff of help desk support specialists and off-site troubleshooting experts. Also, Progent is looking for experienced managers who can operate productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing attentive customer care, and following a competitive results-focused fee model, Progent has managed to expand our client base dramatically while delivering professional support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common knowledge base, and a group approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a satisfied customer list.
For an information technology consultant with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's clients can enhance your skills via cooperation with Progent's group of mutually supportive, expert consultants. Our commitment to delivering network expertise and technical support to small and midsize organizations will offer you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the growth of exciting companies.
We are looking for consultants who have recognized credentials related to their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco consultants, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security credentials. Naturally, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". However, simply because a credential does not guarantee excellence is no justification for not earning one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of these tests should pose no great difficulty. The point is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients expect certifications. We can market your skills, but you should have a baseline of credentials for us to market. In case you are strongly against the idea of credentials, Progent can understand and respect your position, but you are probably not a good fit.
Freelance Work for premier Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's consulting engineers have offered affordable and effective computer support services for small businesses in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared technical knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem solving have helped us to build a talented staff and dramatically grow a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer clients the services of expert computer support engineers who have in-depth knowledge and field experience in key technologies beyond our core focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are typically freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by us to work closely with our in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class network solutions to small businesses. We are continually enhancing the Experts Team in order to meet the special requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group now offers consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Line-of-business and vertical application help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Special program design and integration
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal design and deployment
- Database management and efficiency help
- Business information consulting
- Telecom systems support
Advantages of becoming part of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you get to benefit from the momentum of our dramatic growth and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By having a team of skilled and committed consultants, providing excellent customer care, and following a strong, ROI-focused pricing structure, Progent has multiplied our clientele during the last several years and Progent now delivers professoinal support to hundreds of companies in California and across the United States.
- Our veteran marketing team takes care of all aspects of promoting your skills and areas of expertise into our quickly expanding client base, so you spend less time signing up customers and more time making money.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and our core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who are the gateway to the key executives among Progent's customers.
- Our selling and operations groups will take care of the complete sales and contracting cycle, from opportunity generation, project qualification, customer requirements description, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire focus stays with delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you access to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including convenient meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast database, procedures based on best practices, abundance of professional publications, and the shared expertise from one of 's largest pool of experienced information technology engineers.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, web connections to special vendor troubleshooting tools and technical maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use software for training or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to be part of our Experts Group, but Progent has these requirements for membership:
- You should have a proven background as a consultant working on your own in your field of expertise, including at least a two year history of successful consulting jobs and/or have an active customer base to whom you currently provide ongoing support activity.
- You should show that you are an expert in your area of specialization, including showing an extensive work-related record and excellent references, and possess up-to-date vendor and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You should be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You should have strong communications skills and be able to operate successfully alone or as a member of a team.
- You need to know how to explain proper expectations to customers and fellow Progent team members and you have to be able analyze projects, create task plans, and define realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Network Consultants
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by enhancing your information technology skills and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the top professional experts for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, running specialized application tools to enable the maximum quality of service, and by optimizing proven business models for attracting and maintaining customers.
The most important factor that separates Progent from typical network support companies is the quality of our consultants. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have joined Progent, we have recruited top expertise across a wide range of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Apple, Linux, VMware, or other vital areas, we deploy experts who can help you to be successful on larger jobs by combining the aggregate experience of our group of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of our consultants, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful technology to do the work properly. We will exploit information technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables seamless communications, cooperation, and information exchange with other Progent consultants ó entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. You donít throw away time or forfeit income because of daily commutes to a conventional office, and any driving you do for in-person customer jobs is based on your own time table, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that most of our support work can be performed remotely, representing 100% efficiency for income-producing time. In practice, some of our team members do off-site support exclusively.
Our operations are geared towards responding quickly and efficiently to customer requirements through knowledge sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Even though Progent's consultants operate with a high level of independence, resource allocation is unified, customer issues and solutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and organized for easy retrieval, current consultant schedules are published to facilitate team projects and simplify problem escalation, and client approval is continually monitored. We strengthen the feeling of connection via periodic team conferences and regular corporate events.
Most of our consultants are situated throughout California, however we are building a rapidly growing group of network experts throughout the U.S. Our virtual office environment eliminates geographic obstacles that limit the productivity of conventional company structures. We enhance the package by offering a full benefit program to promote the health and economic welfare of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, Progent's sales and operations teams match the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to our success are helping us to target and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are currently engaging each month. Progent lately marked the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective marketing operation.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a key for growth with us. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a continual series of technical challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Clients rely on consulting firms to do the ďhard stuff.Ē Innovative tasks, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or entrenched issues, and tricky migrations are the foundation for what we do every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for computer engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every morning excited about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will work with some great folks, both by building strong customer contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you do not have strong communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse assortment of people, then we are probably not a good fit.
If this sounds right for you, we invite you to contact Progent about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully designed and implemented network is a pivotal factor for enabling a firm's success, and Progent follows this belief in our corporate system infrastructure. Progent has created a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's staff consultants and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and effective support, cooperate easily on complex jobs, and experience career and personal maturity by acting as a member of an exciting company culture of self motivation and independence.