Among the premier computer consulting firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a full-time team of certified support experts who focus on core technologies including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP products
- Network security consulting
- Advanced connectivity infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and network administration
Progent's Experts Team, which includes independent consultants certified and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally refined knowledge covering a broad range of vital software applications and networking technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- BI consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web app design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and management help
- Office Access application programming, enhancement and training
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 training
Innovative structures for attracting customers, delivering support, nurturing an efficient company culture, and offering generous compensation have enabled us to become one of the fastest expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the U.S. and to establish an international presence for delivering remote IT service. If you are a certified IT technician or information technology consultant with a focus on a customer service and strong communication skills, consultants should consider Progent a chance for adding to your professional knowledge, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining economic success.
Learn Additional Information About Jobs at Progent
Check out these pages to find out more details concerning our job opportunities, company culture, work environment, compensation model, and benefits:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
Progent is seeking a range of full-time professionals including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network engineers; system experts with Cisco CCIE certification; and consultants for advanced network architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability environments, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also seeking desktop support technicians, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP or CISA certified security consultants. We are also hiring veteran managers and administrators who can perform efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out more information about full-time consulting positions at Progent by referring to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contracting Jobs with Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants with in-depth expertise and field experience in high-demand information technology topics beyond Progent's primary technical focus. Progent's Experts Group employs freelance consultants who offer consulting and programming support for line-of-business applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have deep expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer expert skills in technologies such as telecommunications, web site design, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle Database development and administration. Freelance consultants premier by us coordinate with Progent's staff professionals to deliver comprehensive solutions for small business networks. In order to find out more information concerning contracting opportunities with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, go to Contracting Opportunities with Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional
We have been able to attract the top professional talent by being different. With a powerful blend of enterprising drive, dedication to client success, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, and an independent work structure that accommodates life-style options for Progent's team members, Progent offers a stimulating culture for talented individuals who posses a drive for quickly enhancing their technical abilities to create concrete benefits for a range of organizations and network environments. Learn additional information concerning ways that Progent is unique by going to Ways That We Are Unique.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office environment utilizes state-of-the-art technologies that support off-site support, wireless communication, convenient access to our knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with mobile team members to allow you to handle challenging network problems. Progent's virtual office model frees you to concentrate on providing service instead of fighting commutes and lets you nurture successful customer relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to find out more details about Progent's virtual office business model, visit Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is wholly based on what you generate. You have the choice of focusing on quality of life and electing to work at an easy pace, using our flexible structure to make time for individual pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to make significant money by hard effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides full family health care insurance as well as numerous additional benefits. Find out more details concerning our compensation model and benefit programs by going to Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent Q&A
For answers to popular questions concerning being employed by Progent, refer to Working with Progent Questions and Answers.
Here is a description of Progent's available job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a variety of small and midsize businesses to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Job
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize businesses manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange planning and deployment projects. The ideal candidate should be a computer consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This position calls for a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's broad selection of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
More information on Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating crucial components of consulting propositions which align our services with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually evolving IT technology
If you want to enquire about any job shown above, please e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to include the job codes of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts About Work with Us
Fulltime Work for Network Engineers, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent wants to find full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco certified system engineers with Cisco CCIE credentials; security consultants who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security certification; and advanced network architecture consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, high availability, disaster recovery, information protection, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks employees who can join our team of helpdesk support technicians and off-site troubleshooting experts. Also, Progent is hiring experienced managers able to operate productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of talented and dedicated professionals, providing attentive client care, and following a strong results-focused fee structure, Progent has been able to expand our client base dramatically while providing professional support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared information base, and a group strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied client base.
If you are an information technology consultant with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's clients will enhance your skills through cooperation with our group of highly supportive, talented engineers. Our focus on delivering information technology expertise and technical help to small companies will offer you the chance to work closely with key players and add significantly to the success of exciting businesses.
We are hiring consultants who have verifiable certification in their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco professionals, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other leading security credentials. Naturally, Progent is familiar with ďpaper MCSEs.Ē Still, the fact that a certificate can not ensure excellence is no reason for not earning one. If you have mastered your field, then most of these tests should be no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself a professional, then clients deserve to see certifications. We can broadcast your talents, but you need to provide standard certifications for Progent to work with. If you stand strongly against the idea of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are likely not a good fit.
Freelance Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, our consulting professionals have offered low-cost and effective network consulting expertise for businesses in the and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common support knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have enabled us to retain a talented consulting group and dramatically grow a loyal clientele.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide customers the help of expert information technology consulting professionals who have in-depth skills and field background in important technologies beyond our core concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are typically freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by us to work closely with Progent's staff consultants to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class network services to small and midsize companies. Progent is always expanding the Experts Group to address the particular requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team now offers support in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Strategic and specialized program support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom program design and deployment
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal development and integration
- Database management and efficiency help
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications architecture support
Benefits of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you can take advantage of the momentum of our dramatic expansion and excellent recognition in the marketplace. By having a team of skilled and committed consultants, providing excellent client support, and following a strong, ROI-focused billing structure, Progent has quadrupled our customer base over the past few years and Progent now provides consulting support to hundreds of companies in and throughout the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing staff handles all facets of promoting your services and areas of expertise into our rapidly expanding client base, so you spend less time signing up clients and extra time generating money.
- We will facilitate communications between you and our key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who are the conduit to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Progent's sales and administration staffs will manage the entire selling and engagement process, from lead generation, job qualification, customer needs description, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility is on providing top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will gives you access to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering professional meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, plus data and voice access throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to our vast knowledge base, processes based on leading practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced network engineers.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, web connections to special vendor support tools and product support resources, and on-line in-house use software for education or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to be part of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has the following requirements to join:
- You need to have a proven track record as a consultant operating independently in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year history of successful contracting projects or you must have an active client base for whom you now deliver ongoing consulting services.
- You need to show that you have expertise in your area of concentration, including showing an extensive task-relevant history and strong references, and possess current manufacturer or industry professional qualifications.
- You have to know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You should have excellent inter-personal skills and understand how to operate effectively by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You need to be able to explain realistic expectations to customers and other Progent consultants and you should know how analyze tasks, create task plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Network Consultants
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a better professional by enhancing your information technology knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the top consulting talent for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, running proprietary software tools to enable the highest quality of support, and by optimizing proven operational models for attracting and retaining customers.
The most important factor that distinguishes us from most consulting firms is the quality of our consultants. Among the 50 or so consultants who have joined us, we have recruited the best talent covering a broad array of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other vital areas, we engage experts who can enable you to be successful on major jobs by leveraging the collective skills of Progent's group of experts.
To promote the productivity of our consultants, we invest significantly in making available the best tools to do the work properly. Progent will leverage information technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables effortless connectivity, cooperation, and information sharing with fellow Progent consultants ó all from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants donít throw away time or lose income because of regular drives to a physical office, and any travel you do for in-person customer work is determined by your own time table, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that most of Progent's support work can be performed off-site, offering 100% productivity for billable time. In fact, some Progent staff do remote consulting exclusively.
Our operations are set up for reacting quickly and effectively to customer needs through knowledge exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Even though Progent's consultants work with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is unified, client issues and resolutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and archived for convenient reference, up-to-date engineer availability is broadcast to streamline team tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is continually evaluated. We strengthen the sense of cooperation through periodic team conferences and quarterly corporate events.
Most of our team is situated across California, but Progent is attracting a rapidly expanding group of consulting professionals from across America. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic obstacles that restrict the productivity of conventional business models. We enhance the deal by offering a comprehensive benefit program to ensure the health and financial security of our team members and their families.
Just as we have world-class consultants, Progent's marketing and operations groups live up to the high standards that characterizes Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progentís growth are helping us to identify and land the 50-60 new clients we are currently acquiring every month. Progent recently marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a key for growth with us. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a steady series of technical challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Customers choose a consultant to perform the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or chronic issues, and difficult migrations are the foundation for our services every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for network engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every morning excited about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will work with some great people, both by establishing strong customer relationships and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented organization from top to bottom. If you do not have strong communications skills or enjoy working with a diverse group of personalities, then Progent is probably not a good fit.
If all this sounds good to you, we invite you to talk to us about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and executed network is a pivotal factor for accelerating a company's growth, and Progent follows this belief in our corporate network infrastructure. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that enables our staff consultants and authorized contractors to offer rapid and effective support, cooperate easily on sophisticated jobs, and experience professional and personal growth from being part of a dynamic business culture of self motivation and freedom.