One of the top IT consulting companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a full-time team of certified service professionals who focus on core technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security consulting
- Advanced system architecture
- Remote IT support and system administration
Our Experts Group, which includes freelance experts premier and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally refined skills in a broad variety of critical software areas and network technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Business Intelligence expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based application software development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and management consulting
- Office Access application programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Creative models for finding customers, providing support, creating an efficient company culture, and offering generous compensation have enabled us to become one of the fastest expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in America and to build an international organization for providing online network assistance. If you are an accredited computer technician or information technology expert with a drive for a client success and strong communication skills, consultants should consider Progent a chance for increasing your technical skills, living a more independent career, and achieving economic success.
Find Out More Details Concerning Working at Progent
Check out these links to learn additional details about our job openings, business philosophy, work conditions, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Work at Progent
We are hiring a variety of full-time professionals including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network consultants; system consultants with CCIE credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant system architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop systems, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and VMware technology. Progent is also seeking workstation support technicians, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP or CISA accredited security engineers. We are also looking for veteran managers who can perform effectively in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn more information about full-time consulting positions at Progent by referring to Full-time Work at Progent.
Freelance Work with Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants who have specialized expertise and hands-on background in high-demand IT topics outside our primary service concentration. Our Experts Team employs independent consultants who offer consulting and programming services for line-of-business applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess specialized expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer world-class help in areas like telecommunications, web development, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and management. Freelance consultants certified by Progent cooperate with Progent's full-time professionals to deliver end-to-end solutions for small business networks. In order to learn additional details about contracting jobs with our Experts Consulting Group, go to Contracting Opportunities with Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Unique
We have managed to recruit the best consulting talent by being unique. With a powerful blend of enterprising spirit, commitment to customer success, utilization of advanced technical tools, and an independent work structure that offers quality-of-life choices for Progent's team members, Progent offers a dynamic environment for select individuals who posses a drive for rapidly enhancing their technical abilities to deliver concrete benefits for a variety of businesses and network environments. Learn more details concerning how we are exceptional by referring to Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office environment utilizes sophisticated technologies that enable remote support, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of our support databases, and instant collaboration with mobile colleagues to allow you to resolve challenging network issues. Progent's virtual office network allows you to concentrate on delivering IT solutions instead of dealing with traffic and lets you build successful customer relationships by permitting you to provide quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To learn more information about Progent's virtual office business model, see Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefits
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is entirely tied to what you contribute. Consultants have the option of focusing on quality of life and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's flexible schedule to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn considerable money by persistent work and long hours. Progent also offers full family health care insurance as well as many other benefits. Find out more concerning our compensation model and benefit programs by visiting Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Employment at Progent Questions and Answers
To see answers to frequent enquiries about being a consultant at Progent, refer to Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Below is a description of our available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information on Desktop Engineer Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize organizations manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Senior Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The right applicant would be a technical consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This position would require experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Specifics on Sr. Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's extensive selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
Specifics on Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining crucial elements of consulting propositions that associate Progent's services with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining excellent relationships with customers
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually evolving IT technology
If you would like to apply for any position listed above, please send your resume to email@example.com. Please include the job codes of the positions that interest you.
Details About Opportunities with Us
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent wants to find staff-level, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco certified system engineers with Cisco CCIE certification; security professionals with CISSP or comparable security certification; and high-end system architecture experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, business continuity, data preservation, and VMware. Progent also is hiring employees to join our team of desktop service specialists and off-site troubleshooting professionals. In addition, We are looking for experienced managers who can perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing world-class customer services, and offering a competitive results-focused pricing model, We have managed to increase our client list rapidly while providing consulting services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared knowledge database, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a talented staff and a loyal client base.
If you are a network consultant with technical support experience, joining Progent or working for Progent's clients will expand your skills via cooperation with Progent's staff of highly supportive, talented consultants. Our commitment to delivering network consulting and technical support to small organizations will give you the opportunity to work intimately with key players and contribute appreciably to the growth of exciting companies.
We are looking for technical professionals that have verifiable credentials in their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. For Cisco consultants, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For security, you should show you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security credentials. Of course, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Still, simply because a credential can not ensure excellence is no justification for not owning one. If you know your field, then the majority of those certifications should present no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you are a professional, then customers expect certifications. Progent can broadcast your skills, but you should provide standard certifications for Progent to work with. If you are adamantly opposed to the concept of certifications, Progent can understand and honor your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Contract Work for premier Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, our consulting engineers have provided low-cost and successful network consulting expertise for small businesses in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common support knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have helped us to build a talented in-house team and dramatically expand a loyal clientele.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer customers the help of specialized information technology support engineers who have advanced knowledge and work background in important technologies beyond our primary concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are often independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by us to collaborate with our staff consultants to provide end-to-end, world-class information technology services to small companies. We are continually expanding the Experts Group to address the particular needs of our clients.
Our Experts Group now provides consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Strategic and specialized program help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Special applications design and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and customer information portal development and integration
- Database management and performance consulting
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications systems support
Advantages of becoming part of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you can take advantage of the momentum of our explosive expansion and excellent recognition in the marketplace. By having a team of talented and dedicated consultants, offering excellent client support, and practicing a strong, ROI-focused pricing model, we have multiplied our customer base over the last several years and Progent currently provides consulting support to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing team takes care of all aspects of marketing your skills and areas of expertise into our rapidly expanding client base, so you expend less time signing up clients and more time making revenue.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and Progent's core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who are the gateway to the influential managers among our clients.
- Our selling and administration groups will take care of the complete sales and engagement cycle, from opportunity identification, job approval, client requirements description, skills matching, project scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus is on providing top-quality consulting service.
- We will provide you connections to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering professional meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, and data and voice access throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive database, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of professional documents, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest pool of experienced network professionals.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, web access to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical support resources, and on-line internal use software for education and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to become a member of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have the following requirements for membership:
- You must have a strong background as a consulting professional operating on your own in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year record of successful consulting jobs or you must have an active client base to whom you currently deliver continuing consulting activity.
- You need to show that you have expertise in your area of concentration, including having an extensive task-relevant history and excellent referrals, and have current vendor and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You should be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You need to have excellent inter-personal skills and know how to work successfully by yourself or as part of a team.
- You need to be able to explain proper goals to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you must know how analyze jobs, create project plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's work environment will make you a more capable consultant by enhancing your information technology knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the best professional talent for you to operate with, providing an advanced system infrastructure, running specialized software utilities to enable the maximum level of support, and by optimizing our business structures for finding and maintaining customers.
The decisive factor that differentiates Progent from other network support companies is the excellence of our consultants. Among the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled the best talent across a broad array of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other crucial application, we engage professionals who can help you to be successful on larger jobs by combining the collective skills of our team of professionals.
To promote the success of Progent's team, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful tools to perform the job properly. Progent will leverage information technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows effortless connectivity, cooperation, and information sharing with other Progent team members ó entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. You donít waste time or lose revenue because of daily commutes to a conventional office building, and any driving you do for on-site customer jobs is determined by your own schedule, not ours. The best benefit is that much of Progent's support services can be performed off-site, offering maximum efficiency for billable time. In practice, some Progent team members do off-site consulting exclusively.
Progent's business structure is geared towards responding rapidly and effectively to client needs via knowledge sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Although our engineers work with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is unified, customer issues and solutions are carefully tracked, documented, and archived for convenient reference, up-to-date engineer schedules are published to facilitate team projects and enable trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is always evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation via monthly workgroup conferences and regular corporate events.
The majority of our team is situated across California, however we are building a rapidly expanding team of network experts throughout the United States. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic boundaries that restrict the productivity of conventional business structures. We enhance the deal by providing a comprehensive employee care plan to ensure the physical health and financial welfare of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, Progent's sales and administration teams match the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance factors behind our growth are helping us to target and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are now engaging each month. We lately marked the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong marketing organization.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with us. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of technical challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Customers rely on consultants to perform the toughest jobs. Creative projects, advanced deployments, vexing or entrenched problems, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for network professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every day excited about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will meet some great people, both by establishing close customer relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented organization heart and soul. If you donít have excellent communications skills or enjoy working with a diverse assortment of personalities, then Progent is probably a poor fit.
If this sounds right for you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well architected and implemented information system is a crucial piece for accelerating any firm's growth, and we apply this philosophy in our own network environment. Progent has created a non-stop virtual office network that allows Progent's in-house engineers and authorized contractors to offer fast and efficient support, cooperate closely on sophisticated projects, and gain from professional and private growth from acting as part of a dynamic business ethos of self motivation and independence.