Among the top IT consulting companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a large staff of talented support professionals who concentrate on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security consulting
- Advanced system infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and network management
Our Experts Team, which contracts independent consultants certified and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally refined knowledge covering a wide variety of critical business areas and network technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Business Intelligence expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web application design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and management help
- Microsoft Access database application development, migration and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Office 365 consulting
Innovative models for finding customers, providing support, nurturing an efficient company culture, and providing highly competitive compensation and benefits have allowed us to become one of the most rapidly expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the U.S. and to establish an international presence for providing remote IT support. If you are an accredited computer support professional or information technology expert with a drive for a customer service and excellent people skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent a chance for enhancing your professional skills, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining economic security.
Learn More Information About Working at Progent
Follow these pages to find out additional information about Progent's work opportunities, company culture, work conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Full-time Positions at Progent
We are looking for a variety of full-time professionals including experienced Microsoft MCSE computer engineers; system consultants who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and consultants for advanced network design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop systems, business continuity planning, data preservation, and virtual servers. We are also seeking desktop support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP accredited security consultants. We are also seeking experienced managers able to operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Find out additional information about full-time professional services jobs at Progent by referring to Consulting Work at Progent.
Contract Jobs at Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals with specialized expertise and hands-on experience in high-demand information technology topics outside our main technical focus. Progent's Experts Group hires contractors who can provide consulting and programming support for line-of-business applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have specialized expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide expert skills in areas such as telecommunications, web design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and management. Independent contractors certified by Progent cooperate with our in-house consultants to deliver comprehensive IT services for small company networks. If you want to find out more information about contract jobs with Progent's Experts Team, visit Freelance Jobs with Progent.
Ways That We Are Different
We have been able to recruit the best consulting talent by being different. With a powerful mix of entrepreneurial drive, insistence on customer satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technology, and a flexible business model that allows for quality-of-life options for our consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating environment for select individuals who have a drive for quickly enhancing their professional skills to create concrete solutions for a variety of organizations and network environments. Learn additional information concerning how we are different by going to Ways That We Are Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office network provides advanced technologies that support off-site support, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of our support databases, and instant cooperation with talented team members to allow you to handle challenging IT issues. Our virtual office structure allows consultants to focus on delivering IT solutions rather than fighting commutes and lets you build lasting customer relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, effective, and affordable solutions. To learn more details concerning Progent's virtual office network, visit Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is directly tied to what you generate. You have the option of focusing on quality of life and choosing to consult at an easy pace, using our flexible structure to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to make considerable money by persistent effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health coverage as well as many other benefits. Learn more concerning our compensation and benefits by going to Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Employment at Progent FAQs
For answers to frequent enquiries concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, refer to Jobs at Progent Q&A.
Below is a description of our available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details about Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize businesses manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange planning and implementation projects. The right applicant would be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This position calls for experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Details on Senior Exchange Expert Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's broad selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
Details about Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating crucial elements of service proposals that align Progent's deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually changing technology
If you want to enquire about any opening listed above, you should send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the job codes of the positions that interest you.
Details About Work with Us
Career Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, results-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE credentials; Cisco certified system engineers with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security consultants who have CISM or equivalent security certification; and high-end system architecture consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high uptime, business continuity, data protection, and VMware. Progent also is hiring employees who can join our staff of helpdesk support technicians and remote support professionals. In addition, We are looking for talented managers who can operate productively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of talented and motivated professionals, delivering world-class client services, and following a competitive results-based fee model, We have been able to increase our client list rapidly while providing professional support to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared knowledge database, and a team strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a satisfied client base.
For a network consultant with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or helping our customers will expand your skills via cooperation with Progent's group of mutually team-oriented, expert engineers. Progent's commitment to delivering information technology expertise and technical help to small companies will give you the chance to collaborate intimately with key players and add significantly to the growth of exciting businesses.
We are looking for technical professionals who have recognized certification in their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your MCSE credential. For Cisco consultants, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should show you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or other top security certifications. Naturally, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” However, the fact that a credential does not ensure expertise is no justification for not having one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of those certifications should present no great difficulty. The point is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients expect credentials. We can broadcast your skills, but you need to provide a baseline of credentials for Progent to market. In case you happen to be adamantly against the concept of credentials, Progent can understand and honor your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Jobs for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, our computer professionals have offered affordable and effective computer support services for small businesses in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common support knowledge base, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to build a talented consulting group and quickly expand a loyal customer base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer clients the help of expert information technology consulting engineers who have advanced skills and work background in key areas beyond our primary concentration in system support and security. Experts Team members are typically freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by Progent to collaborate with our in-house engineers to deliver end-to-end, world-class network services to small and midsize companies. We are continually expanding our Experts Team in order to meet the particular needs of our clients.
Our Experts Team currently provides consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Strategic and vertical program help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Special program development and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and customer information portal development and deployment
- SQL support and efficiency consulting
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecom systems support
Advantages of being a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to take advantage of the momentum of our dramatic growth and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By maintaining a group of talented and dedicated professionals, offering excellent customer support, and following a proven, ROI-oriented pricing model, we have quadrupled our clientele over the last several years and Progent now provides consulting services to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff takes care of all aspects of marketing your services and areas of expertise into our quickly growing client base, so you expend less effort signing up customers and extra time making revenue.
- We will facilitate communications between you and Progent's core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who act as the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Progent's sales and administration groups will take care of the complete sales and contracting cycle, from lead generation, project qualification, customer requirements description, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire focus stays with delivering high-level consulting service.
- Progent will gives you connections to our sophisticated virtual office environment, offering professional meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's vast knowledge base, procedures based on leading practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced information technology engineers.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, web access to special vendor support utilities and product support resources, and on-line in-house use software for training or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to become part of our Experts Team, but Progent has these qualifications for membership:
- You need to show a proven track record as a consulting professional operating independently in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year history of completed contracting projects and/or have your own active client base to whom you currently provide continuing support activity.
- You must show that you have expertise in your area of specialization, including showing an extensive task-relevant history and strong referrals, and possess up-to-date vendor or industry professional qualifications.
- You must be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your skills. You should have strong inter-personal skills and know how to work successfully by yourself or as part of a group.
- You have to know how to communicate proper expectations to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you should be able evaluate projects, produce project plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Network Engineers
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by enhancing your information technology knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the top consulting talent for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art system architecture, running proprietary software utilities to enable the maximum level of support, and by optimizing proven business structures for finding and maintaining customers.
The main factor that differentiates us from most consulting firms is the quality of our service staff. Out of the scores of consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled the best talent across a wide array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Mac, Linux, virtual servers, or other key areas, we engage professionals who can enable you to be successful on major jobs by leveraging the collective experience of our group of experts.
To promote the productivity of Progent's team, we invest heavily in providing the best technology to do the work properly. We will exploit technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office environment enables effortless communications, cooperation, and information sharing with other Progent consultants — all from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose revenue because of regular drives to a conventional office building, and any driving you do for on-site customer jobs is determined by your own schedule, not ours. The best part is that most of Progent's support services can be performed off-site, offering maximum efficiency for billable time. In fact, some of our team members do remote consulting only.
Progent's business structure is geared towards responding quickly and efficiently to client needs through knowledge exchange and collaborative problem solving. Although Progent's engineers operate with a high level of independence, resource allocation is unified, customer issues and solutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and archived for convenient retrieval, up-to-date consultant schedules are published to streamline group projects and enable trouble escalation, and customer approval is always monitored. We strengthen the sense of cooperation through periodic workgroup meetings and quarterly corporate events.
Most of Progent's team is situated throughout California, however we are building a quickly expanding group of network experts from across the United States. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates regional boundaries that limit the productivity of conventional business structures. We complete the deal by providing a comprehensive employee care plan to promote the health and economic welfare of our employees and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, our sales and administration teams live up to the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progent’s growth are helping us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are now acquiring each month. We lately marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong marketing organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a continual series of technical challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Customers rely on a consultant to do the “hard stuff.” Innovative projects, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or chronic issues, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for computer professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by establishing close customer relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their success. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you don’t have excellent people skills or enjoy working with a diverse assortment of people, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor match.
If all this seems good to you, we invite you to talk to us about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully designed and executed network is a pivotal piece for enabling a company's growth, and Progent follows this philosophy in our own network infrastructure. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office network that enables Progent's staff engineers and certified contractors to deliver fast and effective service, collaborate easily on sophisticated jobs, and experience professional and personal maturity from acting as part of a dynamic company ethos of personal drive and independence.