One of America's premiere computer consulting companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a large staff of talented support experts who focus on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- System security analysis
- Sophisticated network infrastructures
- Remote IT support and system administration
Our Experts Group, which contracts independent consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, provides highly specialized skills covering a broad variety of vital software applications and networking technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- BI expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based application software design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and management help
- Office Access application programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Innovative models for finding customers, delivering service, nurturing a dynamic working environment, and providing generous compensation have enabled us to become one of the fastest expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the U.S. and to build an international organization for providing remote IT service. If you are an accredited computer technician or network consultant with an orientation towards a client service and excellent communication skills, you should consider Progent an opportunity for increasing your technical knowledge, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving financial security.
Find Out Additional Information About Working at Progent
Follow these links to find out additional details concerning our job opportunities, business philosophy, operational conditions, compensation structure, and benefits:
Consulting Careers at Progent
We are hiring a range of full-time workers including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCP network consultants; connectivity experts who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant network architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop systems, business continuity planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. We are also seeking workstation support technicians, remote service specialists, and CISM certified security consultants. We are also looking for veteran managers who can perform efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out additional information concerning staff professional services positions at Progent by visiting Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Freelance Work with Progent
Progent works with independent professionals with proven expertise and field background in crucial IT areas beyond Progent's main technical concentration. Progent's Experts Team employs contractors who can provide advice and development support for line-of-business solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess specialized knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer world-class help in areas like telecommunications, web development, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and management. Freelance consultants premier by Progent cooperate with Progent's in-house professionals to provide comprehensive IT services for small and midsize company networks. If you want to find out additional details about contracting opportunities with Progent's Experts Team, visit Contract Jobs with Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Different
We have been able to attract the best consulting talent by being unique. With a powerful mix of enterprising spirit, insistence on client success, use of state-of-the-art technology, and a flexible work structure that offers quality-of-life choices for Progent's team members, Progent offers a dynamic culture for talented individuals who have a drive for quickly enhancing their professional skills to deliver concrete solutions for a variety of organizations and network environments. Find out additional information about how Progent is exceptional by visiting Ways That Progent Is Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office model uses advanced technical tools that allow remote access, wireless communication, convenient availability of Progent's support databases, and close collaboration with talented team members to allow you to deal with challenging IT problems. Our virtual office network allows consultants to concentrate on providing service instead of dealing with commutes and lets consultants nurture lasting client relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, effective, and affordable solutions. In order to learn more information concerning our virtual office business model, see Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is entirely determined by the revenue you generate. You have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, using our flexible schedule to follow individual pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to make significant income through hard effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers full family health coverage plus numerous additional benefits. Find out additional details about our compensation model and benefit packages by going to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent FAQs
For answers to popular enquiries about becoming a consultant at Progent, go to Employment at Progent Questions and Answers.
Below is a list of our present job openings:
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant -
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a variety of small businesses to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Engineer Jobs
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small businesses maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - , Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Exchange planning and implementation projects. The ideal applicant would be a technical consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This role demands experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Details on Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's broad portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Generating and explaining crucial components of service proposals which associate our services with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving technology
More information on Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to apply for any job listed above, please send your background information to email@example.com. Please copy the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
More Information Concerning Jobs with Us
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Support Technicians
Progent wants to hire staff-level, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP certification; Cisco accredited system consultants with CCIE credentials; security professionals with CISA or equivalent security certification; and high-end system architecture consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high uptime, business continuity, data protection, and VMware. Progent also is looking for employees who can work on Progent's team of desktop service specialists and off-site support experts. Also, We are seeking talented managers able to perform productively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing attentive customer care, and offering a strong value-based fee structure, We have managed to expand our client base rapidly while providing consulting support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common information base, and a group approach to problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a talented staff and a satisfied customer list.
For a network professional with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or helping our customers will enhance your knowledge through cooperation with Progent's group of mutually supportive, expert consultants. Progent's focus on delivering information technology consulting and technical help to small and midsize organizations will give you the chance to collaborate closely with key players and add significantly to the growth of dynamic businesses.
Progent is hiring technical professionals who can show verifiable credentials in their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE credential. For Cisco experts, show us your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security credentials. Naturally, we are aware of "paper experts". Notwithstanding, the fact that a certificate can not guarantee expertise is no justification for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of those tests should pose no great difficulty. The point is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients deserve to see certifications. We can promote your talents, but you should have standard certifications for us to market. In case you happen to be adamantly against the concept of certifications, we can understand and honor your opinion, but you are likely not a good fit.
Freelance Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, our computer professionals have provided low-cost and effective network consulting services for small businesses in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common support knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem solving have enabled us to retain a talented in-house team and dramatically grow a loyal customer base.
The Experts Group is our way to offer clients the services of expert computer consulting engineers who have in-depth knowledge and field background in key technologies outside of our core concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are often independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by us to collaborate with our staff consultants to provide comprehensive, world-class network services to small companies. Progent is continually enhancing our Experts Team to meet the particular needs of our clients.
Our Experts Group currently provides support in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Strategic and specialized application help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special applications design and integration
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and client information portal development and deployment
- DBM management and performance consulting
- Management information expertise
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Advantages of being a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you can leverage the impact of Progent's explosive growth and top-notch reputation in the industry. By maintaining a group of talented and dedicated professionals, providing excellent client support, and practicing a strong, ROI-focused billing model, Progent has multiplied our customer base during the last several years and Progent now delivers professoinal support to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the United States.
- Our veteran marketing staff handles all aspects of promoting your skills and areas of expertise into our quickly expanding customer base, so you expend less time finding customers and more time generating revenue.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and our key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who act as the gateway to the key executives among our customers.
- Our sales and administration teams will take care of the complete sales and contracting process, from opportunity generation, project approval, customer requirements definition, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility stays with delivering top-quality consulting service.
- We will gives you access to our advanced virtual office environment, including professional meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, and data and voice access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to our extensive knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest pool of experienced information technology professionals.
- We will share partner-only benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, web access to restricted vendor support utilities and product support resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for training and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to be part of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have strict qualifications to join:
- You should show a strong track record as a consultant working on your own in your area of expertise, including at least a two year record of successful contracting jobs and/or have an active client base for whom you currently deliver continuing support services.
- You have to demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of concentration, which includes showing an extensive task-relevant history and excellent referrals, and possess current vendor and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You need to be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You must have excellent communications skills and understand how to operate efficiently alone or as a member of a group.
- You have to know how to communicate realistic expectations to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you must know how analyze jobs, create project plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's company culture will make you a more capable professional by improving your technical skills and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the best consulting experts for you to operate with, providing an advanced system architecture, using specialized software utilities to deliver the highest quality of service, and by streamlining proven business structures for finding and retaining clients.
The main factor that differentiates us from most network support firms is the quality of our service staff. Among the 50 or so consultants who have joined Progent, we have assembled top expertise across a wide range of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Apple, Linux, virtual servers, or other crucial application, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be effective on major projects by combining the aggregate experience of Progent's team of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's team, we invest heavily in providing the best tools to do the work efficiently. Progent will leverage technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables seamless communications, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with other Progent consultants ó all from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants donít throw away time or forfeit revenue with regular drives to a physical office building, and any driving you do for in-person client jobs is determined by your own time table, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that most of our support work can be done remotely, offering maximum efficiency for income-producing hours. In practice, some Progent staff do remote support exclusively.
Progent's business structure is geared towards reacting rapidly and efficiently to customer needs via knowledge sharing and cooperative problem solving. Even though our consultants work with a high level of independence, dispatching is centralized, customer problems and solutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and organized for convenient reference, current engineer schedules are broadcast to streamline group tasks and enable trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is always monitored. We strengthen the feeling of connection via periodic team conferences and regular corporate events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are situated throughout California, but Progent is building a quickly expanding team of network experts from across America. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic boundaries that limit the efficiency of conventional company models. We complete the package by offering a full benefit plan to promote the physical health and economic security of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, our marketing and administration teams match the high standards that is Progent. These high-performance factors behind our growth are enabling us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are currently engaging each month. Progent lately marked the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing organization.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a key for success with us. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of network challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Clients rely on a consultant to do the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, advanced deployments, puzzling or chronic problems, and difficult upgrades are the basis for what we do every day. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for computer professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by establishing close client relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization from top to bottom. If you donít have excellent communications skills or enjoy working with a varied assortment of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good match.
If all this sounds good to you, we urge you to contact us about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well architected and executed network can be a crucial piece for accelerating a firm's success, and Progent follows this philosophy in our own system infrastructure. We have built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables Progent's in-house consultants and authorized contractors to offer fast and efficient support, collaborate easily on complex projects, and gain from professional and personal growth by being a member of an exciting company culture of self motivation and independence.