One of the premier network consulting firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a full-time team of talented service professionals who focus on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP products
- Network security consulting
- Advanced system infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and network management
Our Experts Group, which includes freelance experts premier and managed by Progent, offers highly refined skills covering a broad variety of critical business applications and networking solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Business Intelligence expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web application software design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and management consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Innovative models for acquiring clients, delivering service, creating a dynamic working environment, and providing generous compensation have enabled Progent to be one of the fastest growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in America and to build an international organization for providing online network support. If you are an accredited IT support professional or information technology consultant with a focus on a customer success and strong people skills, you will find in Progent a chance for enhancing your technical skills, developing a more independent lifestyle, and achieving economic security.
Learn Additional Information About Jobs with Progent
Check out these pages to learn additional details about our work openings, business culture, work conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
Progent is hiring a variety of full-time professionals such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCP network engineers; connectivity experts who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant network design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop systems, business continuity solutions, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent is also looking for desktop support experts, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISM certified security engineers. Progent is also seeking veteran managers and administrators able to operate efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Find out additional details about full-time consulting positions at Progent by referring to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities at Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants who have specialized knowledge and working experience in high-demand information technology topics outside our main service focus. Our Experts Team employs freelance consultants who can provide consulting and programming services for mission-critical solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have deep knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer expert help in areas such as telecommunications, web development, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and administration. Freelance contractors premier by us coordinate with our full-time consultants to deliver end-to-end solutions for small company networks. If you want to find out more information concerning contract work with our Experts Consulting Group, visit Freelance Opportunities at Progent.
Reasons That We Are Different
Progent has managed to recruit the top consulting experts by being unique. Providing an innovative mix of entrepreneurial drive, insistence on customer satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, and an independent business model that offers life-style options for Progent's team members, Progent creates a stimulating setting for select consultants who have a desire for rapidly improving their professional skills to create concrete benefits for a variety of organizations and network environments. Learn more details about ways that we are exceptional by visiting How We Are Unique.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office network uses state-of-the-art technologies that support off-site support, wireless communication, easy access to Progent's support databases, and close collaboration with mobile team members to allow you to deal with challenging network problems. Progent's virtual office structure enables you to concentrate on delivering IT solutions rather than fighting traffic and lets you establish lasting client relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, viable, and affordable solutions. In order to learn additional information concerning our virtual office business model, see Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is directly based on the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the option of focusing on life style and choosing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's versatile schedule to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to make significant money by persistent work and long consulting time. Progent also offers full family health insurance plus many other benefits. Find out more concerning Progent's compensation and benefit programs by visiting Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Employment at Progent FAQs
To see answers to frequent enquiries concerning becoming employed by Progent, visit Working with Progent Questions and Answers.
Here is a description of Progent's available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a variety of small and midsize businesses to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information on Desktop Support Expert Positions
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize businesses manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The right applicant should be a technical consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This position would require a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Details on Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining key components of consulting propositions that tie Progent's deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining good relationships with customers
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining continually evolving technology
If you want to ask about any position shown above, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to state the job codes of the jobs of interest.
Additional Facts Concerning Work at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire fulltime, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited system consultants who have CCIE credentials; security consultants who have CISSP or comparable security certification; and advanced system architecture consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high availability, workplace recovery, data protection, and VMware. Progent also is looking for employees to join our staff of help desk support technicians and remote support professionals. In addition, Progent is hiring experienced managers able to perform productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated professionals, delivering world-class customer care, and following a strong results-focused fee structure, Progent has been able to increase our customer base dramatically while providing professional services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common information database, and a group strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a skilled staff and a satisfied customer base.
For a network professional with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or working for our clients can enhance your knowledge through interaction with our group of mutually team-oriented, talented consultants. Progent's focus on providing network expertise and technical support to small organizations will offer you the chance to work intimately with key players and add appreciably to the growth of exciting companies.
Progent is looking for consultants that have verifiable credentials in their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. In the case of Cisco professionals, show us your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For security, you should show you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security certifications. Naturally, we are familiar with "paper experts". Nevertheless, simply because a credential can not ensure expertise is no excuse for not earning one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of those certifications should pose no great difficulty. The point is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then customers deserve to see certifications. Progent can market your talents, but you should have a baseline of credentials for us to market. In case you stand strongly opposed to the concept of certifications, we can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Contract Work for premier Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's computer engineers have offered affordable and successful computer consulting services for small businesses in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared technical knowledge base, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to build a strong staff and quickly grow a loyal clientele.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide clients the help of specialized computer consulting engineers who have advanced skills and work background in key areas beyond our primary focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are often independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by Progent to collaborate with Progent's in-house engineers to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class network solutions to small and midsize companies. Progent is continually expanding the Experts Team in order to meet the particular needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team currently provides consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Mission-critical and vertical application support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Custom program development and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal design and deployment
- DBM support and efficiency consulting
- Business information consulting
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Benefits of becoming part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you can take advantage of the momentum of our explosive expansion and top-notch recognition in the marketplace. By having a group of skilled and committed consultants, providing excellent client care, and practicing a proven, ROI-oriented pricing structure, Progent has multiplied our customer base during the past few years and Progent currently provides professoinal support to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing team takes care of all facets of promoting your skills and areas of knowledge into our quickly growing customer base, so you spend less time signing up customers and more time making money.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and our key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who act as the conduit to the decision makers among Progent's clients.
- Progent's selling and administration groups will manage the entire sales and contracting process, from lead identification, project qualification, customer requirements description, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility stays with providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will provide you connections to our advanced virtual office environment, including convenient conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive database, processes based on best practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced information technology professionals.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, web access to restricted vendor support utilities and product maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use programs for education or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to be a member of our Experts Team, but Progent has strict qualifications for membership:
- You need to have a strong background as a consulting professional working on your own in your field of specialization, including at least a two year history of successful contracting jobs or you must have your own active client base to whom you currently provide continuing support services.
- You have to demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of concentration, which includes having a long work-related record and strong referrals, and possess up-to-date vendor or institutional professional qualifications.
- You should know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your skills. You should have strong people skills and know how to operate effectively by yourself or as part of a group.
- You have to be able to communicate proper expectations to clients and fellow Progent team members and you must know how evaluate tasks, produce project plans, and define realistic time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Network Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by improving your information technology knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the best professional experts for you to work with, offering an advanced system infrastructure, using specialized application tools to deliver the maximum level of service, and by streamlining proven business models for attracting and retaining customers.
The most important factor that separates Progent from most consulting companies is the high quality of our service staff. Out of the scores of consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled the best expertise covering a broad array of technologies. Whether itís Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux, virtual servers, or other vital technologies, we deploy professionals who can help you to be successful on larger projects by leveraging the aggregate experience of our team of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of our consultants, we invest heavily in making available the best technology to perform the job properly. We will leverage technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables effortless communications, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent team members ó all from home-based or on-the-road offices. You donít waste time or forfeit income because of regular drives to a physical office, and all driving you do for in-person customer work is determined by your time table, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that much of Progent's consulting work can be done off-site, offering maximum efficiency for income-producing hours. In practice, some of our staff do remote consulting only.
Our operations are set up for responding rapidly and efficiently to client requirements through knowledge sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Although our engineers operate with a great deal of independence, dispatching is centralized, customer issues and resolutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and organized for convenient reference, up-to-date engineer schedules are published to streamline group projects and enable problem escalation, and customer approval is continually monitored. We strengthen the sense of connection through monthly team meetings and regular corporate events.
The majority of our consultants are situated throughout California, however Progent is attracting a rapidly expanding group of network professionals throughout America. Our virtual office environment does away with geographic boundaries that restrict the productivity of conventional company models. We enhance the package by providing a full employee care program to ensure the physical health and economic security of our employees and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, our marketing and administration teams match the high standards that defines Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progentís growth are enabling us to target and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are now engaging every month. Progent lately marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales operation.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a steady series of network challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Clients choose a consultant to perform the ďhard stuff.Ē Creative tasks, advanced implementations, vexing or chronic problems, and difficult migrations are the foundation for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for computer engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning excited about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by building strong client relationships and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you donít offer strong people skills or enjoy working with a diverse assortment of personalities, then we are in all likelihood a poor match.
If all this seems good to you, we urge you to talk to us about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well designed and executed network can be a crucial piece for accelerating a firm's success, and we apply this philosophy in our corporate system infrastructure. Progent has built a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows our staff consultants and certified contractors to offer rapid and efficient support, cooperate easily on sophisticated projects, and experience professional and private maturity from being part of an exciting company culture of personal drive and independence.