One of America's premier computer consultant companies for business networks, Progent manages a full-time staff of talented support experts who focus on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Network security expertise
- Advanced network architecture
- Remote IT support and system management
Progent's Experts Group, which includes freelance consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, provides highly refined skills covering a broad variety of vital business areas and networking solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- BI expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web application software development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and DBA consulting
- Office Access database development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 custom training
Innovative structures for finding customers, delivering support, creating a dynamic company culture, and offering generous compensation and benefits have allowed us to be one of the fastest growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in America and to establish a worldwide organization for delivering remote IT assistance. If you are a certified IT technician or network consultant with a focus on a client service and excellent people skills, consultants will discover Progent a chance for adding to your professional knowledge, living a more independent career, and attaining economic success.
Find Out Additional Details Concerning Jobs at Progent
Follow these links to learn additional information concerning Progent's work openings, business culture, work conditions, compensation structure, and benefits:
Consulting Positions at Progent
We are seeking a range of full-time workers including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer engineers; system consultants who have Cisco CCIE credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant system design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop systems, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also seeking workstation support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISM or CISSP certified security engineers. Progent is also hiring experienced managers who can operate effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Learn more information concerning staff professional services jobs at Progent by going to Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Contracting Work at Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals who have specialized expertise and field background in crucial IT topics beyond Progent's primary service concentration. Progent's Experts Group hires independent consultants who offer consulting and programming support for line-of-business solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have in-depth expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer world-class skills in technologies such as telecom, web development, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle Database development and management. Independent contractors certified by us cooperate with Progent's staff professionals to deliver end-to-end IT services for small and midsize business networks. If you want to find out more information about freelance jobs with our Experts Consulting Group, go to Contract Jobs at Progent.
Reasons That We Are Exceptional
We have been able to attract the top professional experts by being unique. With a powerful blend of entrepreneurial spirit, dedication to customer satisfaction, utilization of advanced technology, plus an independent work structure that offers life-style options for Progent's team members, Progent offers a stimulating environment for select consultants who posses a drive for rapidly improving their technical skills to deliver real-world benefits for a variety of businesses and network environments. Find out more details concerning how we are unique by referring to Ways That Progent Is Unique.
Our Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office model provides state-of-the-art technical tools that enable off-site support, wireless communication, convenient availability of Progent's support databases, and instant collaboration with talented colleagues to allow you to solve challenging network issues. Progent's virtual office structure frees you to concentrate on providing IT solutions instead of fighting commutes and lets consultants build lasting client relationships by enabling you to provide quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. In order to find out more information concerning our virtual office business model, refer to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefits
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is wholly tied to what you contribute. Consultants have the choice of focusing on quality of life and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's versatile schedule to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to make significant money by persistent work and lots of hours. Progent also provides complete family health care coverage as well as many additional benefits. Find out more details concerning Progent's compensation and benefits by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Employment at Progent Questions and Answers
For replies to popular questions concerning becoming employed by Progent, refer to Consulting at Progent FAQs.
Here is a list of Progent's present job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a variety of small businesses to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details on Desktop Engineer Job
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small businesses maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Senior Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange expert to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The right candidate should be a technical consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This role would require experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these platforms.
More information on Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's broad selection of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Specifics about Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining crucial components of consulting proposals which associate Progent's deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving technology
If you want to apply for any opening shown above, you should send your resume to email@example.com. Please include the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
More Information Concerning Opportunities with Us
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent wants to hire full-time, results-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE credentials; Cisco certified network consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security consultants who have CISM or comparable security credentials; and advanced network design experts with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, service continuity, workplace recovery, information preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for professionals to join our team of helpdesk service specialists and off-site support professionals. Also, Progent is seeking talented managers able to operate productively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of talented and motivated professionals, delivering world-class client services, and following a strong value-focused fee structure, We have been able to expand our customer list dramatically while delivering consulting services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common knowledge base, and a team strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied customer list.
For an information technology professional with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or helping our clients will enhance your knowledge through interaction with Progent's group of mutually team-oriented, expert consultants. Our focus on providing network expertise and technical help to small and midsize organizations will offer you the chance to work intimately with key players and contribute significantly to the growth of dynamic companies.
Progent is looking for technical professionals who can show verifiable certification in their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your MCSE credential. For Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have earned you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security certifications. Of course, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, the fact that a credential does not guarantee expertise is no justification for not having one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of those certifications should pose no challenge. The bottom line is that if you are an expert, then customers deserve to see credentials. Progent will promote your talents, but you need to have a baseline of certifications for Progent to work with. In case you happen to be strongly against the concept of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Jobs for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's consulting professionals have offered low-cost and successful computer consulting services for businesses in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common support knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a strong consulting group and quickly expand a loyal customer base.
The Experts Team is our way to provide customers the services of specialized computer support professionals who have in-depth knowledge and work background in key technologies beyond our core concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are typically freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by us to collaborate with Progent's staff consultants to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class network services to small companies. Progent is continually expanding our Experts Group in order to meet the particular requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group now offers consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Strategic and specialized application help
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom applications design and deployment
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal development and deployment
- DBM management and performance help
- Business information expertise
- Telecom systems support
Advantages of becoming a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to leverage the impact of Progent's dramatic expansion and excellent recognition in the marketplace. By having a group of skilled and committed consultants, providing excellent client support, and practicing a proven, ROI-focused billing structure, Progent has multiplied our customer base during the past several years and Progent now delivers consulting support to hundreds of businesses in California and across the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing team takes care of all aspects of promoting your services and areas of expertise into our rapidly growing customer base, so you spend less time finding clients and more time generating money.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and our key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who are the conduit to the decision makers among our customers.
- Progent's selling and administration groups will take care of the complete sales and contracting process, from lead identification, project qualification, client requirements description, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility stays with delivering high-level consulting service.
- Progent will gives you access to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, including professional meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, library of professional documents, and the shared expertise from one of 's largest pool of expert consulting engineers.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, web connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and technical support resources, and downloadable internal use programs for education or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to be part of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has the following qualifications to join:
- You need to show a proven track record as a consultant operating independently in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year record of completed consulting jobs or you must have an active client base for which you currently provide continuing consulting activity.
- You must demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of specialization, which includes showing a long work-related record and strong referrals, and possess up-to-date vendor or institutional professional certifications.
- You have to know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You must have excellent communications skills and understand how to operate effectively by yourself or as part of a team.
- You have to know how to articulate realistic goals to customers and other Progent consultants and you must be able analyze jobs, produce project plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's company culture will make you a better consultant by improving your technical knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the top professional talent for you to operate with, offering an advanced system infrastructure, running custom software utilities to enable the highest level of service, and by streamlining proven operational models for finding and retaining customers.
The decisive factor that differentiates Progent from typical consulting companies is the quality of our consulting team. Out of the scores of consultants who have joined us, we have assembled the best expertise covering a broad range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Apple, Linux, VMware, or other vital areas, we engage professionals who can help you to be effective on larger projects by combining the collective skills of our group of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of our team, we invest significantly in making available the best technology to do the job properly. Progent will exploit information technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables effortless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with other Progent team members — all from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t waste time or lose income with regular drives to a physical office, and all driving you do for on-site client work is based on your time table, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that most of our consulting services can be performed off-site, offering 100% productivity for billable hours. In fact, some of our team members do off-site support only.
Progent's operations are set up for reacting rapidly and effectively to customer requirements through knowledge sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Although our engineers work with a high level of independence, dispatching is unified, client problems and resolutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and archived for convenient retrieval, current consultant schedules are published to facilitate team projects and enable trouble escalation, and customer approval is continually evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of connection via monthly team conferences and regular corporate events.
Most of our consultants are situated across California, but Progent is attracting a rapidly expanding team of consulting experts from across America. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates regional boundaries that limit the efficiency of traditional company structures. We complete the deal by offering a full benefit program to ensure the physical health and economic security of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, our marketing and administration groups live up to the high standards that characterizes Progent. These top-notch factors behind our growth are helping us to target and land the scores of new clients we are now acquiring every month. We lately marked the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong sales operation.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a key for success with us. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a steady series of network challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Clients choose a consultant to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, advanced implementations, puzzling or chronic issues, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for computer professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every morning excited about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will work with some great folks, both by building close client contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their success. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented company through and through. If you don’t have strong people skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse assortment of personalities, then we are probably a poor match.
If all this seems right for you, we invite you to talk to us about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully architected and implemented information system can be a crucial piece for accelerating a company's success, and Progent follows this philosophy in our own network environment. We have created a non-stop virtual office network that enables our in-house engineers and authorized contractors to offer rapid and effective support, collaborate closely on complex jobs, and gain from professional and personal growth from acting as part of an exciting business ethos of self motivation and independence.