Among America's top IT consultant companies for business networks, Progent manages a large staff of certified service professionals who concentrate on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Network security expertise
- Advanced system infrastructures
- Remote IT support and network administration
Progent's Experts Team, which includes freelance consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, offers highly refined knowledge in a wide variety of vital software applications and networking solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- BI consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based application software development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and management help
- Microsoft Access application programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 online training
Innovative structures for acquiring clients, providing support, nurturing a dynamic working environment, and providing generous compensation have enabled Progent to be among the fastest expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the United States and to build an international presence for delivering remote IT assistance. If you are an accredited IT support professional or network expert with an orientation towards a customer success and excellent communication skills, consultants will discover Progent an opportunity for adding to your professional knowledge, developing a more independent lifestyle, and attaining financial security.
Learn More Details About Working at Progent
Check out these links to find out more details concerning our work openings, business culture, operational conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Positions at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of full-time employees such as motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network engineers; system consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant network architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability systems, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent is also seeking desktop support experts, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP accredited security professionals. We are also looking for veteran managers and administrators who can operate effectively in our dynamic, virtual office model. Learn additional details about full-time consulting positions at Progent by referring to Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Contract Opportunities with Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals with in-depth expertise and hands-on experience in high-demand information technology topics beyond our main technical focus. Progent's Experts Group employs contractors who offer consulting and development services for mission-critical solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess in-depth knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer expert help in technologies like telecommunications, web development, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle Database development and administration. Freelance consultants premier by Progent cooperate with our full-time professionals to deliver end-to-end solutions for small company networks. In order to find out additional details about freelance opportunities with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, go to Freelance Work at Progent.
How We Are Different
We have been able to recruit the top consulting experts by being unique. Providing a powerful mix of enterprising spirit, commitment to client satisfaction, use of advanced technology, and a flexible work model that accommodates life-style choices for Progent's team members, Progent creates a dynamic culture for talented individuals who posses a drive for rapidly enhancing their professional abilities to create real-world solutions for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Find out more information about reasons Progent is exceptional by visiting Ways That We Are Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office network utilizes sophisticated technologies that support off-site support, wireless communication, easy availability of Progent's support databases, and instant cooperation with mobile colleagues to allow you to resolve business-critical IT issues. Our virtual office environment allows consultants to focus on providing service rather than dealing with traffic and helps consultants establish successful client relationships by enabling you to provide fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to learn more details about Progent's virtual office network, see Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is directly tied to what you generate. You have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's versatile schedule to make time for individual pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to make significant money through hard work and long hours. Progent also provides complete family health insurance plus numerous other benefits. Learn more details concerning our compensation and benefits by visiting Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Employment at Progent Q&A
To see replies to common enquiries concerning becoming employed by Progent, visit Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers.
Below is a list of Progent's current job openings:
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant -
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a range of small businesses to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Job
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small organizations manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange expert to lead large-scale Exchange planning and deployment projects. The right applicant would be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This position would require experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these technologies.
Details about Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's broad portfolio of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Producing and articulating key components of consulting propositions that tie our deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining strong relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving IT technology
Specifics about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to enquire about any job listed above, please send your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the job codes of the jobs of interest.
Additional Facts About Work with Us
Career Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire fulltime, results-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE credentials; Cisco accredited system consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security consultants who have CISSP or equivalent security credentials; and advanced system design consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, high availability, disaster recovery, data protection, and VMware. Progent also is hiring employees who can work on Progent's team of helpdesk support specialists and off-site support professionals. In addition, We are seeking talented administrators who can operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of talented and dedicated professionals, delivering world-class client care, and following a competitive results-based fee model, We have been able to expand our client base rapidly while delivering consulting services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared information database, and a group approach to problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a talented staff and a loyal customer base.
If you are an information technology consultant with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's customers will expand your knowledge through cooperation with our staff of mutually supportive, talented engineers. Our focus on providing information technology consulting and technical help to small organizations will give you the chance to work closely with decision makers and add appreciably to the growth of exciting businesses.
We are hiring technical professionals who have recognized certification in their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should have earned you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security certifications. Of course, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” However, the fact that a credential can not ensure excellence is no reason for not having one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of those certifications should be no challenge. The point is that if you are a professional, then customers deserve to see credentials. Progent will promote your talents, but you need to provide basic credentials for us to market. In case you stand strongly against the idea of certifications, we can understand and honor your position, but you are probably not a good fit.
Contract Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's consulting engineers have offered low-cost and effective computer consulting expertise for companies in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared technical knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have helped us to retain a strong consulting group and quickly grow a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide clients the services of expert computer support engineers who have in-depth knowledge and work background in key areas beyond Progent's primary concentration in system support and security. Experts Group consultants are often independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by us to work closely with Progent's in-house consultants to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small companies. Progent is continually expanding our Experts Group in order to meet the special requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Team currently provides consulting in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Strategic and vertical program help
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Custom applications development and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and client portal design and integration
- Database support and performance consulting
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecom systems consulting
Benefits of being part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you can benefit from the impact of Progent's dramatic expansion and excellent recognition in the industry. By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated consultants, providing attentive customer care, and following a proven, ROI-oriented pricing structure, Progent has quadrupled our clientele during the last several years and Progent currently provides consulting services to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing team takes care of all facets of marketing your skills and areas of expertise into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you spend less effort finding clients and more time making money.
- We will facilitate communications between you and Progent's core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who are the gateway to the key executives among Progent's customers.
- Our sales and administration staffs will take care of the complete sales and contracting process, from lead generation, job approval, client requirements description, skills matching, project scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus stays with providing top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will gives you connections to our sophisticated virtual office environment, including convenient conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice access throughout the United States.
- You will have access to our extensive knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced network professionals.
- We will share partner-only benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, web access to special vendor support utilities and technical support resources, and on-line internal use software for training or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to become part of our Experts Team, but Progent has strict requirements for membership:
- You should show a strong background as a consulting professional working independently in your area of specialization, including at least a two year record of successful contracting projects or you must have your own active client base for whom you currently provide continuing support activity.
- You should show that you are an expert in your field of concentration, which includes showing an extensive work-related record and excellent referrals, and possess up-to-date manufacturer or industry professional qualifications.
- You have to be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You should have strong people skills and understand how to operate successfully by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You have to know how to communicate proper expectations to clients and other Progent team members and you have to be able analyze projects, produce task plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a more capable professional by enhancing your information technology skills and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the best professional talent for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, running custom application tools to enable the maximum level of support, and by streamlining proven operational structures for attracting and maintaining customers.
The most important factor that differentiates Progent from most consulting companies is the excellence of our support professionals. Out of the scores of consultants who have teamed with us, we have recruited the best talent across a wide range of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux, VMware, or other key areas, we engage experts who can help you to be effective on larger projects by leveraging the collective skills of our group of experts.
To ensure the success of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in providing the best tools to do the work properly. Progent will leverage information technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows effortless communications, cooperation, and information sharing with other Progent consultants — all from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t waste time or forfeit income with daily commutes to a physical office building, and all travel you do for in-person client work is based on your schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that much of Progent's consulting work can be done off-site, offering maximum efficiency for billable time. In fact, some of our staff do remote support exclusively.
Progent's business structure is set up for reacting quickly and effectively to client needs via information exchange and collaborative problem solving. Although Progent's engineers operate with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is unified, client issues and solutions are carefully tracked, documented, and archived for easy retrieval, up-to-date engineer schedules are published to streamline team projects and enable problem escalation, and client approval is continually evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of connection via monthly workgroup conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are located across California, but we are attracting a quickly growing team of network professionals from across the United States. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic boundaries that restrict the productivity of conventional business models. We complete the package by offering a full employee care plan to promote the health and financial welfare of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and administration teams match the excellence that characterizes Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progent’s growth are enabling us to target and land the 50-60 new customers we are currently acquiring each month. Progent lately celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing operation.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with us. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a continual series of technical challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Clients choose a consultant to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, advanced implementations, vexing or entrenched issues, and difficult migrations are the foundation for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for computer professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by establishing close client relationships and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization through and through. If you do not have excellent people skills or enjoy working with a diverse assortment of people, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor fit.
If all this sounds good to you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully designed and executed network can be a pivotal piece for accelerating any firm's success, and we apply this belief in our corporate system environment. Progent has built a zero-downtime virtual office network that enables Progent's staff engineers and authorized contractors to offer fast and effective service, cooperate easily on complex projects, and experience professional and private maturity from acting as a member of a dynamic business ethos of self motivation and independence.