One of America's premiere computer consulting companies for business systems, Progent maintains a large team of talented support professionals who concentrate on core technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Enterprise security analysis
- Advanced connectivity architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and network administration
Our Experts Group, which contracts freelance experts premier and managed by Progent, provides highly specialized skills in a broad range of vital software applications and networking solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- BI expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and management help
- Microsoft Office Access database programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office and Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative structures for finding clients, delivering support, maintaining an efficient working environment, and offering highly competitive compensation and benefits have allowed us to be one of the most rapidly growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in America and to build a worldwide presence for providing remote network assistance. If you are an accredited computer technician or network consultant with an orientation towards a client success and strong communication skills, consultants should consider Progent a chance for enhancing your technical skills, living a more independent lifestyle, and achieving economic success.
Find Out Additional Information About Jobs with Progent
Check out these links to learn more details about our work opportunities, business philosophy, operational conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Positions at Progent
We are hiring a variety of on-staff workers such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE computer consultants; network consultants with CCIE certification; and specialists in advanced network architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop environments, business continuity planning, data protection, and virtual servers. We are also looking for workstation support technicians, off-site service professionals, and CISA accredited security consultants. Progent is also looking for veteran managers and administrators who can perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Learn more details about staff professional services work at Progent by referring to Consulting Careers at Progent.
Contracting Jobs with Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals who have specialized knowledge and field experience in important IT areas beyond Progent's main technical concentration. Progent's Experts Team includes freelance consultants who can provide advice and programming services for strategic solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess deep knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer world-class skills in technologies like telecom, web development, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and management. Independent contractors premier by us coordinate with our in-house engineers to provide end-to-end IT services for small and midsize business networks. In order to find out more information concerning freelance jobs with our Experts Team, see Freelance Work with Progent.
How We Are Unique
Progent has managed to attract the best consulting talent by being unique. With a powerful blend of enterprising drive, insistence on client satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus a flexible work structure that accommodates quality-of-life options for our consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating culture for select individuals who have a drive for rapidly enhancing their technical abilities to deliver real-world solutions for a range of organizations and network environments. Find out more information concerning reasons Progent is exceptional by going to Ways That We Are Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office environment provides advanced technologies that support remote support, wireless communication, convenient access to our support databases, and close cooperation with mobile team members to help you to solve challenging IT problems. Our virtual office model allows consultants to concentrate on delivering service instead of dealing with commutes and helps consultants establish successful customer relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. In order to find out additional details about our virtual office work environment, go to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is entirely determined by the revenue you contribute. You have the choice of concentrating on life style and choosing to work at an easy pace, using Progent's versatile structure to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to make significant income by hard effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides full family health coverage plus numerous additional benefits. Find out more concerning our compensation and benefit packages by visiting Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Jobs at Progent FAQs
To see answers to common enquiries concerning becoming employed by Progent, see Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Below is a description of Progent's current job openings:
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant -
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a range of small and midsize organizations to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details about Desktop Engineer Jobs
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize organizations manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Sr. Exchange Consultant - , Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The ideal applicant would be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This position calls for experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these technologies.
More information about Sr. Exchange Expert Jobs
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's extensive selection of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and articulating key elements of consulting propositions that align our deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining strong relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving technology
Specifics about Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to apply for any opening shown above, you should e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Please state the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
More Information Concerning Opportunities with Us
Career Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Help Technicians
Progent wants to hire fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco accredited network engineers who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security professionals with CISSP or equivalent security credentials; and advanced system design consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, information protection, and VMware. Progent also is hiring professionals who can join our staff of help desk service specialists and remote support experts. Also, Progent is looking for experienced administrators who can operate productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing attentive customer care, and following a strong results-based pricing model, We have been able to increase our customer base rapidly while delivering professional support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common information database, and a group strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a talented staff and a satisfied customer base.
For a network professional with technical support experience, joining Progent or helping Progent's clients will enhance your skills via cooperation with our group of highly team-oriented, expert engineers. Our focus on providing information technology consulting and technical support to small companies will give you the opportunity to work closely with decision makers and add appreciably to the success of dynamic businesses.
Progent is looking for technical professionals who can show recognized certification related to their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. For Cisco professionals, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other top security certifications. Of course, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, the fact that a credential can not ensure excellence is no excuse for not earning one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of those tests should pose no challenge. The bottom line is that if you call yourself a professional, then customers expect certifications. We will market your talents, but you should have basic certifications for us to work with. In case you happen to be strongly opposed to the concept of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are likely not a good fit.
Freelance Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, Progent's information technology professionals have offered low-cost and effective computer support services for companies in the and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared technical knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented staff and quickly grow a loyal client base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer clients the help of specialized computer support professionals who have advanced knowledge and field background in key areas beyond Progent's primary focus in network support and security. Experts Team consultants are typically freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by us to collaborate with Progent's in-house consultants to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class information technology services to small businesses. We are always enhancing the Experts Group in order to address the particular requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group currently provides consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Line-of-business and specialized program help
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom applications design and deployment
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal design and deployment
- SQL support and efficiency help
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications architecture support
Advantages of being a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you can take advantage of the impact of our dramatic growth and top-notch recognition in the market. By having a group of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing excellent customer support, and following a proven, ROI-focused billing model, Progent has multiplied our clientele during the past several years and Progent currently delivers professoinal services to hundreds of companies in and throughout the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing team handles all aspects of promoting your services and areas of expertise into our quickly growing client base, so you expend less effort signing up customers and more time generating revenue.
- We will assist in communications between you and our core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who act as the conduit to the influential managers among our customers.
- Our selling and administration staffs will manage the complete sales and engagement process, from lead generation, job approval, client needs description, skills matching, job scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility is on providing high-level consulting service.
- Progent will provide you connections to our sophisticated virtual office environment, offering convenient meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, and data and voice access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to our extensive database, procedures based on leading practices, library of professional documents, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest pool of experienced consulting engineers.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, web connections to special vendor troubleshooting tools and product support resources, and downloadable in-house use software for education or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to be a member of our Experts Group, but we do have these qualifications for membership:
- You must have a strong track record as a consulting professional working on your own in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year record of successful consulting jobs or you must have an active customer base to which you currently provide continuing support activity.
- You should demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of concentration, which includes showing an extensive work-related record and excellent references, and possess current manufacturer and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You have to be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You need to have strong people skills and be able to operate successfully alone or as a member of a team.
- You should be able to explain proper expectations to clients and other Progent team members and you have to know how evaluate projects, produce project plans, and define realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Network Consultants
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a more capable professional by enhancing your technical skills and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the best professional experts for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, running proprietary application tools to enable the highest quality of support, and by streamlining proven operational structures for finding and retaining customers.
The main factor that separates Progent from other network support firms is the excellence of our service staff. Out of the 50 or so consultants who have joined Progent, we have assembled top talent covering a wide range of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other vital technologies, we deploy professionals who can help you to be effective on larger jobs by leveraging the collective experience of our group of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of our consultants, we invest heavily in providing the best tools to do the job properly. Progent will leverage information technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables effortless communications, cooperation, and information sharing with other Progent team members — entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t waste time or lose revenue because of regular commutes to a conventional office building, and all travel you do for on-site customer jobs is based on your own schedule, not ours. The best part is that most of our support work can be performed remotely, offering maximum efficiency for billable hours. In practice, some Progent staff do remote consulting only.
Progent's operations are set up for responding quickly and efficiently to customer requirements through information sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Even though Progent's engineers work with a great deal of freedom, dispatching is unified, customer issues and resolutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and organized for convenient retrieval, current engineer schedules are broadcast to facilitate team projects and enable trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is always monitored. We strengthen the sense of connection through monthly workgroup meetings and regular company-wide events.
Most of Progent's team is located throughout California however Progent is building a quickly expanding group of network professionals from across the U.S. Progent's virtual office environment does away with regional boundaries that limit the efficiency of traditional company models. We enhance the deal by offering a comprehensive benefit program to ensure the physical health and economic welfare of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, our sales and operations groups live up to the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progent’s success are helping us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are currently acquiring each month. Progent lately marked the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales organization.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a key for success with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of technical challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Clients rely on consulting firms to perform the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, advanced implementations, puzzling or entrenched problems, and tricky migrations are the basis for our services daily. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for computer engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every day excited about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by building strong customer relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused company heart and soul. If you do not have excellent people skills or enjoy working with a diverse assortment of people, then Progent is probably not a good match.
If this seems right for you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well architected and implemented information system is a crucial factor for accelerating a firm's success, and we follow this philosophy in our corporate network infrastructure. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows Progent's staff engineers and certified contractors to offer rapid and efficient support, cooperate easily on complex jobs, and experience professional and personal maturity by acting as a member of an exciting company ethos of self motivation and freedom.