One of the premiere IT consultant companies for business networks, Progent maintains a full-time team of talented service professionals who focus on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- System security expertise
- Sophisticated network infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and network administration
Progent's Experts Group, which includes independent experts certified and coordinated by Progent, offers highly specialized knowledge covering a wide variety of key business areas and networking solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- BI expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web application development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Access database programming, migration and training
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 individual and group training
Creative models for attracting customers, delivering service, nurturing an efficient working environment, and offering highly competitive profit sharing have allowed us to become one of the fastest growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant firms in America and to build a worldwide presence for delivering remote IT support. If you are a certified IT technician or information technology consultant with a drive for a customer success and excellent communication skills, you should consider Progent an opportunity for adding to your technical skills, developing a more independent lifestyle, and attaining financial success.
Find Out Additional Details Concerning Working with Progent
Check out these pages to find out additional details concerning our work opportunities, company culture, operational conditions, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
Progent is hiring a range of full-time professionals including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCP network consultants; system experts with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and specialists in advanced system design with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop systems, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and VMware technology. Progent is also seeking desktop support experts, remote service specialists, and CISSP or CISA accredited security professionals. Progent is also looking for experienced managers able to operate efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office model. Learn additional details concerning full-time professional services jobs at Progent by visiting Consulting Work at Progent.
Contract Work with Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals who have in-depth expertise and working experience in important IT topics beyond Progent's primary service concentration. Our Experts Team employs independent consultants who can provide advice and development services for mission-critical applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have deep knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide world-class help in technologies like telecommunications, web development, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and administration. Freelance contractors certified by us cooperate with our full-time professionals to provide end-to-end solutions for small company networks. If you want to find out additional details about contract jobs with our Experts Team, see Contract Work at Progent.
Ways That We Are Unique
Progent has managed to recruit the top professional talent by being different. Providing an innovative blend of entrepreneurial spirit, commitment to customer success, use of state-of-the-art technology, and a flexible work model that offers quality-of-life choices for our consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating setting for talented individuals who posses a drive for rapidly enhancing their professional abilities to deliver real-world benefits for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Learn additional information about ways that Progent is different by referring to Ways That Progent Is Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office model provides sophisticated technologies that enable off-site access, wireless communication, convenient access to Progent's knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with mobile team members to help you to deal with business-critical network issues. Our virtual office setting allows you to focus on providing IT solutions instead of dealing with commutes and lets consultants build lasting customer relationships by enabling you to provide quick, viable, and affordable solutions. In order to find out additional details about our virtual office network, go to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you make is wholly tied to the revenue you generate. Consultants have the option of focusing on quality of life and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our versatile structure to make time for individual pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to make significant money through persistent work and lots of hours. Progent also provides complete family health coverage plus many additional benefits. Learn additional details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by visiting Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For replies to popular enquiries concerning being a consultant at Progent, refer to Jobs at Progent FAQs.
Here is a list of some present job openings:
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant -
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a range of small organizations to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize businesses maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Senior Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The right applicant should be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This position demands experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these platforms.
Specifics about Sr. Exchange Consultant Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's broad selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Producing and explaining crucial elements of engagement propositions that associate Progent's deliverables with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining continually changing technology
Specifics about Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to enquire about any opening shown above, you should send your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to state the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Jobs at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Technicians
Progent wants to find fulltime, results-driven Microsoft certified consultants with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco certified network engineers with Cisco CCIE credentials; security consultants with CISSP or equivalent security certification; and high-end system architecture experts with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, high uptime, business continuity, information protection, and VMware. Progent also seeks professionals to join Progent's staff of desktop service technicians and remote troubleshooting experts. In addition, Progent is hiring experienced administrators able to operate productively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing attentive client services, and following a competitive value-based fee structure, We have managed to increase our client base dramatically while delivering professional services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared knowledge base, and a team approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a skilled staff and a satisfied customer list.
If you are a network professional with technical support experience, joining Progent or helping Progent's clients will expand your knowledge through interaction with our group of mutually team-oriented, talented consultants. Progent's commitment to delivering information technology expertise and computer help to small and midsize companies will give you the chance to collaborate closely with key players and add significantly to the growth of exciting companies.
We are looking for consultants that have verifiable credentials related to their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other leading security certifications. Naturally, Progent is aware of "paper experts". Nevertheless, simply because a credential does not guarantee excellence is no justification for not having one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of those certifications should be no great difficulty. The point is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients expect credentials. We can promote your skills, but you must provide basic credentials for us to market. If you are strongly against the concept of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's information technology professionals have provided low-cost and successful network consulting expertise for companies in the and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common support database, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have enabled us to retain a talented consulting group and quickly expand a satisfied client base.
The Experts Group is our way to offer clients the services of specialized computer consulting professionals who have in-depth knowledge and work experience in important technologies outside of our core concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are often freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by us to work closely with our in-house engineers to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small companies. Progent is continually enhancing the Experts Team to meet the special needs of our clients.
Our Experts Group currently provides support in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Line-of-business and vertical application help
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special program design and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal development and deployment
- Database management and efficiency help
- Business information consulting
- Telecom systems support
Benefits of being part of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you can take advantage of the impact of our dramatic expansion and top-notch recognition in the marketplace. By maintaining a group of talented and committed consultants, offering attentive client care, and practicing a proven, value-focused pricing structure, we have quadrupled our customer base over the last several years and Progent now provides professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in California and across the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing team takes care of all facets of promoting your skills and technical expertise into our rapidly expanding client base, so you expend less time finding customers and more time generating revenue.
- We will facilitate communications between you and Progent's key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who are the conduit to the key executives among our customers.
- Our selling and operations groups will take care of the entire selling and contracting cycle, from opportunity generation, project approval, customer requirements definition, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility is on delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- We will provide you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering professional meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, plus data and voice access throughout the United States.
- You will have access to our vast database, processes based on best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the shared expertise from one of 's largest pool of experienced consulting engineers.
- We will share partner-only benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, on-line connections to special vendor troubleshooting tools and technical maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use software for training and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to be a member of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has these qualifications for membership:
- You must show a proven track record as a consulting professional working independently in your area of specialization, including at least a two year record of successful contracting jobs and/or have an active customer base for whom you currently deliver ongoing support activity.
- You must show that you have expertise in your area of concentration, which includes having an extensive work-related history and strong references, and have current vendor or industry professional qualifications.
- You must know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your skills. You must have strong people skills and be able to operate successfully by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You need to know how to articulate proper goals to clients and fellow Progent team members and you need to know how evaluate tasks, create task plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a better consultant by improving your information technology skills and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the best consulting experts for you to operate with, providing an advanced network and communications infrastructure, running proprietary application utilities to enable the highest level of service, and by optimizing our operational models for attracting and maintaining customers.
The main factor that separates Progent from most network support companies is the excellence of our consulting team. Out of the scores of consultants who have teamed with us, we have assembled the best expertise across a broad array of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other key areas, we engage experts who can help you to be effective on larger projects by combining the aggregate experience of our team of experts.
To ensure the success of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in making available the best technology to do the job properly. We will exploit technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows seamless communications, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent consultants ó entirely from at-home or mobile offices. You donít throw away time or lose income because of regular drives to a physical office building, and all driving you do for in-person client jobs is based on your own schedule, not ours. The best benefit is that most of our consulting work can be done off-site, offering maximum efficiency for billable time. In fact, some Progent staff do remote consulting only.
Our business structure is set up for responding rapidly and effectively to customer requirements through knowledge exchange and collaborative problem solving. Although Progent's consultants work with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, client problems and solutions are carefully monitored, documented, and archived for convenient retrieval, current consultant availability is broadcast to facilitate group projects and enable trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is continually monitored. We strengthen the sense of connection via monthly workgroup meetings and regular corporate events.
The majority of our team is located throughout California however Progent is building a quickly expanding team of consulting experts from across America. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic obstacles that restrict the efficiency of traditional business structures. We complete the package by providing a full benefit program to promote the health and financial welfare of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, Progent's marketing and operations teams match the excellence that defines Progent. These high-performance contributors to our growth are helping us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are currently acquiring every month. We recently marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong marketing operation.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with us. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of technical challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Clients choose consulting firms to perform the ďhard stuff.Ē Innovative projects, leading-edge deployments, vexing or chronic issues, and tricky migrations are the foundation for our services daily. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for network professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some great folks, both by establishing strong client relationships and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented organization through and through. If you donít offer excellent communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse assortment of people, then Progent is probably a poor fit.
If all this sounds right for you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully designed and executed information system is a crucial piece for enabling a firm's success, and we follow this credo in our own network environment. We have created a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows our staff engineers and authorized contractors to deliver fast and efficient support, collaborate easily on sophisticated jobs, and experience career and private growth from acting as part of an exciting business ethos of self motivation and independence.