One of the top network consulting firms for business networks, Progent maintains a large staff of certified service experts who concentrate on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Network security expertise
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and system management
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts freelance consultants premier and managed by Progent, offers highly refined knowledge in a broad variety of vital business areas and network solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based app development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and management help
- Office Access application development, migration and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Innovative models for attracting customers, providing support, creating a dynamic working environment, and offering generous compensation and benefits have enabled Progent to become among the most rapidly growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the United States and to establish an international organization for delivering online network support. If you are an accredited IT support professional or information technology consultant with a drive for a customer service and excellent people skills, consultants will find in Progent a chance for increasing your professional knowledge, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining economic security.
Find Out More Information Concerning Working with Progent
Check out these pages to learn more information concerning our work openings, company philosophy, operational environment, compensation structure, and benefits:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
We are looking for a range of on-staff workers such as motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCP network consultants; connectivity experts with Cisco certification; and specialists in advanced system architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop environments, business continuity solutions, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent is also looking for workstation support experts, off-site service specialists, and CISA accredited security engineers. We are also looking for experienced managers able to operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn more details about staff consulting positions at Progent by going to Consulting Work at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities at Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals who have in-depth knowledge and hands-on background in crucial IT topics outside our primary technical focus. Progent's Experts Group hires independent consultants who offer consulting and development services for mission-critical solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess specialized expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer world-class help in technologies like telecommunications, web site design, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and management. Freelance contractors premier by Progent cooperate with Progent's full-time engineers to deliver end-to-end solutions for small and midsize company networks. If you want to find out additional details concerning freelance opportunities with Progent's Experts Team, visit Freelance Work with Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Unique
Progent has been able to recruit the top consulting experts by being different. Providing a powerful mix of entrepreneurial drive, insistence on client success, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, and a flexible work model that offers quality-of-life choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic culture for select consultants who posses a drive for quickly improving their technical abilities to create real-world benefits for a variety of businesses and network environments. Learn more details concerning how Progent is unique by going to How Progent Is Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office network uses state-of-the-art technical tools that enable off-site access, wireless communication, easy access to our support databases, and close collaboration with talented team members to help you to solve challenging network problems. Progent's virtual office structure frees you to concentrate on providing IT solutions instead of dealing with traffic and helps consultants establish successful customer relationships by enabling you to provide quick, viable, and affordable solutions. If you want to find out more information about our virtual office infrastructure, see Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is wholly determined by the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the option of concentrating on life style and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our versatile structure to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can choose to make considerable income by persistent effort and lots of hours. Progent also offers full family health insurance as well as numerous additional benefits. Find out more details about Progent's compensation model and benefit programs by referring to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Employment at Progent Q&A
To see answers to popular questions concerning being employed by Progent, go to Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Here is a description of some current job openings:
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert -
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a variety of small and midsize organizations to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Support Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small businesses maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation projects. The right applicant would be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This position demands experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these technologies.
Details about Senior Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's extensive portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and articulating crucial components of service propositions that align our deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining strong relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly changing technology
More information about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to apply for any opening shown above, you should e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
More Information About Jobs at Progent
Career Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire fulltime, results-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco accredited network consultants who have Cisco CCIE certification; security professionals with CISSP or comparable security credentials; and high-end system architecture consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high availability, disaster recovery, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is hiring professionals to work on Progent's team of helpdesk support technicians and off-site troubleshooting professionals. In addition, We are looking for experienced administrators who can operate effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of talented and motivated professionals, delivering attentive client care, and following a strong results-based fee structure, We have been able to expand our client list rapidly while providing professional support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared knowledge database, and a team strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented staff and a loyal client base.
For an information technology consultant with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or working for our customers can expand your knowledge through interaction with our group of highly supportive, talented consultants. Our focus on providing network consulting and technical help to small and midsize organizations will give you the chance to collaborate closely with key players and contribute significantly to the success of dynamic companies.
We are hiring technical professionals who can show recognized credentials related to their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco consultants, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For network security, you should have earned you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other top security certifications. Naturally, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” However, the fact that a certificate can not guarantee excellence is no justification for not having one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of these certifications should be no great difficulty. The point is that if you are an expert, then customers expect credentials. We can promote your skills, but you should provide standard credentials for us to work with. In case you are strongly opposed to the concept of credentials, Progent can understand and honor your position, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Contract Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, Progent's consulting professionals have offered affordable and effective network support services for companies in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common support knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have helped us to retain a talented consulting group and quickly grow a loyal customer base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer clients the help of expert computer support professionals who have advanced knowledge and work experience in key areas beyond Progent's core focus in system support and security. Experts Group consultants are often freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by Progent to collaborate with our in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small businesses. Progent is continually enhancing the Experts Group in order to address the particular requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team now offers consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Strategic and specialized program support
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Custom program development and integration
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and client information portal design and deployment
- SQL support and efficiency consulting
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecom architecture consulting
Advantages of becoming a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to leverage the impact of our dramatic growth and top-notch recognition in the marketplace. By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing attentive client support, and practicing a proven, value-focused pricing structure, we have multiplied our clientele during the last several years and Progent now delivers consulting services to hundreds of businesses in California and across the United States.
- Our veteran marketing staff handles all facets of promoting your skills and technical knowledge into our rapidly growing customer base, so you expend less time finding clients and extra time making money.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who are the conduit to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Progent's sales and administration teams will manage the complete sales and engagement process, from lead generation, job approval, customer requirements definition, skills matching, job scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility stays with delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will gives you access to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, including convenient meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to our vast knowledge base, processes based on best practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest pool of expert consulting professionals.
- Progent will share special benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line access to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and product support resources, and downloadable internal use software for education and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become part of our Experts Group, but Progent has the following qualifications for membership:
- You need to show a strong track record as a consultant operating independently in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year record of successful contracting projects and/or have your own active client base to which you now deliver continuing support services.
- You need to demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of specialization, which includes showing a long task-relevant record and strong referrals, and possess current vendor and/or industry professional certifications.
- You must know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You should have strong inter-personal skills and know how to operate successfully alone or as a member of a team.
- You must be able to articulate proper expectations to customers and other Progent team members and you should know how analyze jobs, produce project plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a better consulting professional by improving your technical knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the best consulting talent for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, running proprietary application tools to deliver the highest level of support, and by optimizing proven business models for attracting and maintaining customers.
The most important factor that distinguishes us from typical network support companies is the high quality of our consulting team. Among the 50 or so consultants who have joined us, we have assembled the best talent across a broad array of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other vital areas, we engage professionals who can help you to be successful on larger jobs by leveraging the aggregate experience of our team of experts.
To promote the success of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in making available the best technology to do the work properly. Progent will exploit information technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows seamless communications, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with other Progent consultants — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue because of daily commutes to a physical office building, and any travel you do for on-site client work is determined by your time table, not ours. The best benefit is that much of our support services can be performed off-site, offering 100% efficiency for billable time. In fact, some of our staff do remote consulting only.
Our operations are geared towards responding rapidly and efficiently to customer needs through information sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Even though Progent's engineers work with a high level of freedom, dispatching is centralized, customer problems and solutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and archived for easy retrieval, up-to-date consultant availability is published to facilitate team tasks and enable trouble escalation, and customer approval is always evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation through periodic workgroup conferences and regular company-wide events.
Most of our consultants are located across California, however Progent is building a quickly expanding group of network experts from across America. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional boundaries that restrict the productivity of traditional business structures. We enhance the deal by offering a full employee care plan to promote the physical health and economic security of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, our marketing and administration teams live up to the excellence that defines Progent. These high-performance contributors to our growth are enabling us to target and sign up the scores of new clients we are currently engaging each month. We lately marked the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales organization.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with us. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a steady series of technical challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Customers choose consulting firms to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, advanced deployments, vexing or entrenched issues, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for computer engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by building close customer relationships and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company heart and soul. If you do not have excellent people skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied assortment of people, then we are in all likelihood a poor match.
If all this sounds good to you, we urge you to contact Progent about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and executed network is a crucial factor for accelerating any company's growth, and we follow this philosophy in our own system infrastructure. Progent has built a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows Progent's in-house engineers and authorized contractors to deliver fast and effective support, collaborate easily on sophisticated projects, and experience career and personal growth from being part of an exciting company ethos of personal drive and freedom.