One of the premier IT consulting firms for business systems, Progent manages a large staff of talented support professionals who concentrate on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP products
- System security expertise
- Advanced system infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and network management
Our Experts Team, which includes freelance experts certified and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized knowledge covering a broad variety of key software areas and network technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application software development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and DBA consulting
- Office Access database application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office and Office 365 training
Innovative structures for acquiring clients, providing service, maintaining an efficient working environment, and offering highly competitive compensation have enabled Progent to become among the fastest expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in America and to build a worldwide organization for delivering remote network assistance. If you are a certified computer support professional or information technology expert with a drive for a customer success and excellent communication skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent a chance for adding to your professional knowledge, developing a more independent career, and attaining financial success.
Learn More Information About Jobs with Progent
Follow these pages to learn additional details concerning Progent's work openings, business culture, operational conditions, compensation structure, and benefits:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
Progent is seeking a range of full-time professionals such as experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer engineers; system experts who have CCIE credentials; and specialists in advanced network architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop systems, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. We are also seeking workstation support experts, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISM or CISSP certified security professionals. We are also seeking veteran managers who can operate efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out additional information concerning full-time professional services positions at Progent by referring to Full-time Work at Progent.
Freelance Jobs with Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals with in-depth knowledge and working background in crucial information technology areas outside Progent's primary technical focus. Progent's Experts Team employs contractors who can provide advice and programming services for line-of-business applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess deep expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer world-class help in technologies like telecommunications, web design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle Database programming and administration. Freelance consultants certified by us coordinate with Progent's in-house professionals to deliver comprehensive solutions for small and midsize business networks. If you want to find out additional details concerning freelance jobs with Progent's Experts Team, go to Contract Opportunities with Progent.
Ways That We Are Unique
We have been able to recruit the best professional experts by being different. Providing a powerful mix of entrepreneurial drive, dedication to client success, use of advanced technical tools, plus a flexible work structure that accommodates life-style choices for our team members, Progent offers a dynamic setting for talented consultants who have a desire for quickly enhancing their technical abilities to create concrete solutions for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Learn more information concerning ways that we are exceptional by referring to Reasons That Progent Is Different.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office model incorporates state-of-the-art technologies that enable remote support, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of Progent's support databases, and instant cooperation with mobile team members to help you to solve challenging IT problems. Progent's virtual office structure frees you to concentrate on delivering IT solutions instead of fighting commutes and lets consultants build successful customer relationships by enabling you to provide fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to learn additional details concerning our virtual office work environment, see Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is entirely determined by the revenue you generate. You have the option of concentrating on life style and electing to work at an easy pace, using Progent's flexible schedule to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to earn significant income through persistent effort and lots of hours. Progent also provides complete family health care coverage plus many additional benefits. Find out more about Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by going to Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Employment at Progent FAQs
For replies to common enquiries concerning being employed by Progent, refer to Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers.
The following is a list of some present job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a range of small and midsize organizations to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Engineer Positions
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize businesses manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Positions
Sr. Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Exchange planning and implementation projects. The right applicant would be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This role calls for experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these technologies.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's extensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
Details about Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating key elements of engagement propositions that associate Progent's services with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving technology
If you want to enquire about any position listed above, you should send your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to state the job codes of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Work at Progent
Career Work for Network Engineers, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to find full-time, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco certified system engineers who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security consultants with CISA or equivalent security credentials; and advanced network design consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high uptime, workplace recovery, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring employees to join our team of desktop service technicians and remote troubleshooting experts. Also, Progent is hiring experienced administrators able to operate productively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of talented and motivated consultants, delivering attentive customer care, and following a strong results-focused pricing model, Progent has managed to expand our customer base rapidly while providing professional support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common knowledge database, and a group strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a skilled staff and a satisfied customer base.
If you are an information technology professional with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's customers will enhance your skills via interaction with Progent's group of highly supportive, talented engineers. Progent's commitment to providing network consulting and technical help to small and midsize companies will offer you the opportunity to collaborate closely with decision makers and add significantly to the success of exciting businesses.
We are hiring consultants that can show verifiable credentials related to their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your MCSE certificate. For Cisco professionals, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security credentials. Of course, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, simply because a credential does not guarantee excellence is no reason for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of these tests should pose no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then clients deserve to see certifications. Progent will market your talents, but you need to have basic certifications for Progent to market. If you are adamantly opposed to the idea of certifications, we can understand and respect your position, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Jobs for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, our information technology professionals have offered affordable and successful network consulting services for small businesses in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common support knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have enabled us to build a strong in-house team and quickly grow a loyal clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to offer customers the services of expert information technology consulting engineers who have advanced knowledge and field experience in important technologies outside of Progent's primary focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are often independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by Progent to work closely with our in-house consultants to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology services to small and midsize businesses. We are continually enhancing our Experts Group to meet the particular requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Team now provides support in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Strategic and specialized program support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom program development and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and client information portal design and deployment
- SQL management and efficiency consulting
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecom architecture support
Advantages of being part of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you get to benefit from the momentum of Progent's explosive growth and excellent recognition in the industry. By having a team of talented and committed consultants, providing attentive customer support, and practicing a proven, value-focused billing model, Progent has multiplied our clientele during the past several years and Progent now delivers consulting services to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing team takes care of all facets of promoting your skills and technical expertise into our rapidly growing customer base, so you spend less effort signing up customers and extra time making revenue.
- We will assist in communications between you and Progent's core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who act as the gateway to the influential managers among our clients.
- Progent's sales and operations staffs will manage the entire sales and engagement process, from lead identification, job qualification, customer needs definition, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility stays with providing top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will provide you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, offering professional meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our vast knowledge base, processes based on leading practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest pool of expert information technology professionals.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line connections to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical support resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for education and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to be a member of our Experts Group, but we do have these qualifications for membership:
- You need to have a proven track record as a consultant working on your own in your field of specialization, including at least a two year record of completed contracting jobs or you must have your own active customer base for whom you currently deliver continuing support activity.
- You must demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of concentration, which includes having an extensive work-related history and strong referrals, and possess up-to-date vendor or institutional professional qualifications.
- You need to be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You must have excellent people skills and be able to work efficiently alone or as a member of a team.
- You have to be able to articulate proper expectations to customers and other Progent team members and you should be able scope out jobs, create project plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a better consulting professional by improving your information technology skills and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the top professional talent for you to work with, offering an advanced system architecture, running specialized application utilities to deliver the highest level of service, and by streamlining proven operational structures for finding and maintaining clients.
The main factor that differentiates Progent from other consulting firms is the high caliber of our consultants. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited the best talent covering a wide range of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Macintosh, Linux, VMware, or other crucial areas, we deploy experts who can enable you to be successful on larger projects by leveraging the collective experience of our team of experts.
To ensure the productivity of our consultants, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful tools to perform the job efficiently. Progent will leverage technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office environment allows effortless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with other Progent consultants — entirely from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants don’t waste time or forfeit income with daily drives to a physical office building, and all travel you do for in-person client jobs is determined by your own time table, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that most of our consulting work can be done off-site, representing maximum productivity for billable hours. In practice, some of our team members do off-site support only.
Progent's operations are geared towards responding quickly and efficiently to client requirements through knowledge exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Even though our consultants work with a high level of independence, resource allocation is unified, customer issues and resolutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and organized for convenient retrieval, up-to-date engineer schedules are published to streamline group tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is always monitored. We strengthen the feeling of connection through periodic team conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of our team is located across California, however Progent is attracting a quickly expanding team of consulting professionals from across the United States. Our virtual office environment eliminates geographic obstacles that restrict the productivity of conventional company models. We enhance the package by providing a full benefit program to ensure the health and economic security of our employees and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, our marketing and administration groups live up to the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch factors behind our success are enabling us to identify and sign up the scores of new clients we are now engaging every month. Progent lately celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing organization.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a key for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of network challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Clients choose consultants to perform the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, leading-edge implementations, vexing or chronic problems, and tricky upgrades are the basis for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for computer professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every day excited about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some great folks, both by establishing close client contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented organization from top to bottom. If you do not have excellent people skills or like cooperating with a diverse assortment of people, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor fit.
If this sounds right for you, we invite you to talk to us about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and implemented information system can be a pivotal factor for enabling a company's growth, and we follow this credo in our corporate network infrastructure. Progent has created a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that allows our in-house engineers and certified contractors to deliver fast and effective support, collaborate closely on sophisticated projects, and gain from career and private growth from acting as part of a dynamic business culture of personal drive and independence.