One of the premiere IT consultant companies for business networks, Progent manages a large staff of talented support professionals who focus on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- System security expertise
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and system administration
Progent's Experts Group, which includes independent experts premier and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized skills covering a broad variety of key software areas and network technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based application development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and management consulting
- Microsoft Access database programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Creative structures for finding clients, delivering support, establishing an efficient working environment, and providing generous profit sharing have allowed Progent to be among the most rapidly expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in America and to establish a worldwide organization for providing remote IT service. If you are a certified computer technician or information technology consultant with a focus on a customer service and strong communication skills, you should consider Progent an opportunity for adding to your professional skills, developing a more independent lifestyle, and achieving economic success.
Find Out More Information About Jobs at Progent
Follow these links to learn more information about our work opportunities, company culture, work conditions, compensation structure, and benefits:
Full-time Work at Progent
We are hiring a range of on-staff professionals such as motivated Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network engineers; network consultants who have Cisco credentials; and specialists in advanced system architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability environments, business continuity planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. We are also hiring workstation support technicians, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP or CISA certified security engineers. We are also looking for veteran managers and administrators who can operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Find out additional information about full-time professional services work at Progent by going to Full-time Work at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities with Progent
Progent works with independent professionals with in-depth expertise and working experience in crucial information technology topics outside Progent's primary technical concentration. Our Experts Group includes independent consultants who offer advice and development services for line-of-business solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess in-depth knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide expert help in technologies such as telecommunications, web site design, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle Database development and management. Freelance contractors premier by us cooperate with our staff consultants to deliver comprehensive solutions for small business networks. If you want to learn more information about contracting opportunities with our Experts Consulting Group, refer to Contracting Opportunities at Progent.
How We Are Unique
Progent has managed to recruit the best professional talent by being unique. Providing a powerful mix of enterprising drive, dedication to customer success, utilization of advanced technology, plus an independent business structure that allows for life-style options for our consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating environment for talented consultants who have a desire for quickly enhancing their professional skills to create real-world benefits for a range of organizations and network environments. Find out more details about reasons we are unique by going to How We Are Different.
Our Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office network provides advanced technical tools that allow remote access, wireless connectivity, convenient access to our knowledge bases, and close cooperation with mobile colleagues to allow you to handle challenging IT issues. Our virtual office structure enables consultants to concentrate on delivering service rather than dealing with traffic and helps you nurture lasting customer relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to find out additional information concerning Progent's virtual office work environment, go to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is entirely tied to the revenue you generate. Consultants have the option of concentrating on life style and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's versatile structure to make time for individual pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to earn significant income through hard work and lots of hours. Progent also offers comprehensive family health care coverage as well as many other benefits. Find out additional details about Progent's compensation model and benefits by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Employment at Progent FAQs
For replies to common enquiries concerning becoming employed by Progent, refer to Working with Progent Q&A.
Below is a description of Progent's available job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant -
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a range of small and midsize businesses to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information on Desktop Engineer Jobs
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The ideal applicant would be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This role would require experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these technologies.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Positions
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's broad portfolio of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and articulating crucial elements of consulting proposals which tie Progent's services with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing technology
Specifics about Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to apply for any opening listed above, you should e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco accredited network consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security professionals with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security credentials; and high-end network design consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, fault tolerance, workplace recovery, data protection, and VMware. Progent also is hiring employees to join Progent's team of help desk support technicians and off-site troubleshooting experts. In addition, Progent is seeking experienced administrators who can operate productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of talented and dedicated consultants, delivering world-class customer services, and offering a strong results-based pricing model, We have managed to expand our client base dramatically while providing professional services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common information database, and a team approach to problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a satisfied client list.
For an information technology professional with technical support expertise, joining Progent or helping Progent's customers can enhance your knowledge via cooperation with our staff of mutually team-oriented, talented engineers. Our commitment to providing information technology consulting and technical support to small companies will offer you the opportunity to collaborate closely with key players and contribute appreciably to the success of exciting companies.
Progent is looking for consultants that have verifiable certification in their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco consultants, have your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or other leading security credentials. Of course, Progent is familiar with ďpaper MCSEs.Ē Notwithstanding, simply because a credential can not ensure excellence is no reason for not earning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of those certifications should present no challenge. The point is that if you call yourself an expert, then customers deserve to see certifications. We can promote your skills, but you must have standard credentials for us to work with. In case you stand adamantly against the concept of certifications, Progent can understand and respect your position, but you are probably not a good candidate.
Freelance Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, our computer professionals have offered low-cost and effective computer consulting services for companies in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared technical knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a strong in-house team and quickly grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer clients the help of expert information technology consulting professionals who have in-depth knowledge and field experience in important areas beyond Progent's core concentration in network support and security. Experts Group members are often freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by Progent to collaborate with Progent's in-house consultants to provide end-to-end, world-class information technology solutions to small businesses. We are always enhancing our Experts Team to meet the special requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team currently offers consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Strategic and vertical program help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Custom applications design and deployment
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and client portal development and integration
- Database management and performance consulting
- Management information consulting
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Advantages of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you can benefit from the impact of our dramatic expansion and excellent recognition in the marketplace. By having a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, offering attentive client support, and following a strong, value-oriented pricing structure, we have multiplied our customer base during the last several years and Progent currently delivers consulting support to hundreds of companies in and throughout the United States.
- Our experienced marketing team handles all facets of marketing your skills and technical expertise into our rapidly growing customer base, so you expend less effort finding customers and more time making money.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and Progent's key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who act as the gateway to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Our sales and operations groups will manage the entire sales and engagement process, from lead identification, project approval, customer needs description, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility is on providing top-quality consulting service.
- We will provide you connections to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including professional meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive database, procedures based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the shared experience from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced network professionals.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, web connections to special vendor support utilities and product maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use programs for training or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to become a member of our Experts Group, but we do have these qualifications for membership:
- You need to show a proven track record as a consulting professional working independently in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year history of completed contracting projects or you must have an active customer base for which you currently deliver ongoing consulting services.
- You have to show that you have expertise in your field of concentration, including having an extensive work-related history and excellent referrals, and possess current manufacturer and/or industry professional certifications.
- You need to be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You must have excellent communications skills and understand how to work effectively by yourself or as part of a group.
- You should be able to communicate proper goals to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you must be able evaluate jobs, produce project plans, and define realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a better consultant by improving your technical knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the best consulting talent for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, using proprietary software tools to enable the highest quality of support, and by streamlining proven operational models for finding and retaining clients.
The main factor that differentiates us from ordinary consulting firms is the high caliber of our support professionals. Among the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have assembled the best expertise covering a wide range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other key areas, we deploy professionals who can help you to be successful on major jobs by leveraging the collective skills of Progent's group of professionals.
To promote the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in making available the best tools to perform the work properly. Progent will leverage technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows effortless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent consultants ó all from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants donít throw away time or lose revenue with regular drives to a physical office, and all driving you do for on-site client jobs is determined by your schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that most of Progent's support work can be done off-site, offering maximum productivity for billable hours. In practice, some Progent team members do off-site consulting only.
Progent's business structure is set up for responding quickly and effectively to client requirements through knowledge exchange and cooperative problem solving. Although our engineers work with a high level of independence, resource allocation is unified, customer problems and solutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and archived for easy reference, current consultant schedules are broadcast to streamline group projects and enable trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is always evaluated. We strengthen the sense of connection through monthly team conferences and regular corporate events.
Most of Progent's consultants are located throughout California, but we are attracting a quickly expanding team of consulting professionals throughout the United States. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional obstacles that limit the efficiency of traditional business models. We complete the package by providing a comprehensive benefit plan to ensure the physical health and economic security of our employees and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, Progent's marketing and operations teams live up to the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch factors behind our success are helping us to target and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are now engaging every month. Progent lately celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing operation.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with us. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of network challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Customers rely on consultants to do the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, advanced deployments, puzzling or entrenched issues, and difficult migrations are the foundation for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for network professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning excited about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by building strong client contacts and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company from top to bottom. If you donít offer strong people skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied group of people, then we are in all likelihood not a good fit.
If this seems right for you, we urge you to contact Progent about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well architected and implemented information system is a pivotal piece for enabling any firm's success, and Progent follows this belief in our own network environment. We have built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows Progent's in-house engineers and certified contractors to deliver fast and effective service, collaborate easily on sophisticated jobs, and gain from professional and private growth from being a member of a dynamic company ethos of personal drive and freedom.