One of the top network consulting firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent manages a full-time team of certified support professionals who focus on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- System security expertise
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Off-site IT support and system management
Our Experts Group, which contracts freelance experts certified and managed by Progent, offers highly refined knowledge covering a wide variety of key software areas and networking solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based application software design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and management consulting
- Microsoft Access database programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Office 365 consulting
Creative models for finding customers, delivering support, establishing an efficient working environment, and offering highly competitive compensation have allowed Progent to become among the most rapidly expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in America and to build a worldwide presence for delivering online IT expertise. If you are an accredited computer technician or information technology expert with a focus on a client service and excellent communication skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent an opportunity for adding to your technical knowledge, developing a more rewarding career, and attaining financial security.
Find Out More Details About Jobs with Progent
Follow these pages to find out more information concerning our work opportunities, company culture, work conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Careers at Progent
Progent is hiring a variety of on-staff employees including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer engineers; system consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant network design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability environments, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also hiring workstation support technicians, off-site service professionals, and CISA or CISM certified security consultants. Progent is also hiring veteran managers and administrators who can perform efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out additional details about full-time consulting jobs at Progent by referring to Consulting Careers at Progent.
Contracting Jobs with Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants with specialized knowledge and working experience in important information technology topics outside Progent's main technical concentration. Progent's Experts Team hires contractors who can provide consulting and development services for line-of-business applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess in-depth knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer expert help in technologies like telecom, web development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and management. Independent consultants certified by us coordinate with Progent's staff engineers to provide end-to-end IT services for small and midsize business networks. If you want to learn additional details about contract jobs with Progent's Experts Team, visit Contract Work at Progent.
How Progent Is Exceptional
We have managed to attract the top consulting talent by being different. With a powerful blend of enterprising drive, dedication to customer satisfaction, use of advanced technology, and a flexible work structure that accommodates life-style options for our consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating environment for select individuals who posses a desire for rapidly improving their professional abilities to deliver real-world solutions for a range of organizations and technical environments. Find out additional information concerning ways that Progent is unique by going to Ways That We Are Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office environment provides advanced technologies that support remote support, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of Progent's support databases, and close collaboration with mobile team members to help you to handle business-critical IT problems. Progent's virtual office setting allows you to concentrate on providing IT solutions rather than dealing with traffic and lets you build successful customer relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn more information about our virtual office network, go to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is wholly tied to what you contribute. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's versatile schedule to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn considerable income through hard effort and lots of hours. Progent also provides complete family health coverage plus many additional benefits. Learn more about our compensation model and benefit packages by going to Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see replies to frequent questions about being employed by Progent, go to Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers.
This is a description of some current job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize businesses manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Sr. Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange expert to lead large-scale Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The right candidate would be a technical consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This role calls for experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Details about Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's broad portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
Specifics about Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining crucial elements of service proposals which associate our deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with customers
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing technology
If you want to enquire about any job listed above, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
More Information About Opportunities with Us
Staff Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent wants to hire full-time, results-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco accredited network engineers with Cisco credentials; security professionals who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security credentials; and advanced system design experts with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, high uptime, workplace recovery, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring professionals who can work on our team of desktop support technicians and remote troubleshooting experts. Also, Progent is seeking experienced managers able to operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of skilled and dedicated consultants, delivering world-class customer services, and offering a strong results-focused fee model, Progent has managed to increase our client list rapidly while delivering professional services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common knowledge base, and a team strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a loyal customer base.
If you are an information technology professional with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's customers can expand your skills via cooperation with Progent's staff of mutually supportive, expert engineers. Our focus on providing network expertise and computer help to small and midsize companies will offer you the opportunity to collaborate closely with decision makers and contribute significantly to the growth of dynamic companies.
We are hiring technical professionals who can show recognized credentials related to their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco professionals, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should have you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other leading security certifications. Naturally, Progent is aware of "paper experts". Notwithstanding, the fact that a certificate does not ensure excellence is no justification for not earning one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of those certifications should present no challenge. The bottom line is that if you are an expert, then customers deserve to see certifications. Progent can broadcast your skills, but you must provide a baseline of certifications for Progent to market. If you happen to be strongly opposed to the concept of credentials, we can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Work for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's information technology professionals have offered low-cost and effective network support services for businesses in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared technical knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have enabled us to retain a strong consulting group and quickly expand a loyal customer base.
The Experts Team is our way to offer customers the services of specialized computer consulting engineers who have advanced skills and work background in key areas beyond our primary focus in system support and security. Experts Team consultants are often independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by Progent to work closely with our staff engineers to provide end-to-end, world-class network services to small companies. Progent is continually expanding the Experts Team in order to address the special requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Team currently offers consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Strategic and specialized program support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom applications design and deployment
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal design and integration
- Database support and performance consulting
- Business information consulting
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Benefits of becoming a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you get to benefit from the impact of Progent's explosive expansion and excellent reputation in the marketplace. By having a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, offering excellent client support, and following a proven, ROI-focused pricing model, we have multiplied our clientele over the last few years and Progent now provides consulting support to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff handles all facets of promoting your services and technical knowledge into our rapidly growing client base, so you expend less effort finding customers and more time making revenue.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who act as the conduit to the key executives among our customers.
- Progent's sales and operations teams will manage the complete selling and contracting process, from lead identification, job qualification, client needs description, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility is on providing high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you access to our advanced virtual office environment, offering convenient meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's vast database, processes based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest pool of expert information technology engineers.
- We will share special benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, web access to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and technical maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use software for training or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to be a member of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have strict qualifications to join:
- You must have a strong background as a consulting professional operating independently in your area of specialization, including at least a two year history of completed consulting projects and/or have your own active customer base to which you now deliver continuing support services.
- You need to demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of concentration, which includes showing a long work-related record and excellent referrals, and have current manufacturer or industry professional certifications.
- You have to be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You should have strong inter-personal skills and understand how to operate effectively by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You have to know how to communicate proper expectations to clients and fellow Progent team members and you need to know how evaluate jobs, produce task plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Network Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a better professional by enhancing your technical knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the best professional experts for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, running proprietary software utilities to enable the maximum quality of support, and by optimizing our operational models for finding and maintaining clients.
The main factor that distinguishes Progent from most consulting companies is the quality of our consultants. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have recruited top expertise covering a broad array of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other vital technologies, we deploy experts who can help you to be effective on major projects by leveraging the collective experience of Progent's team of experts.
To ensure the success of Progent's team, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful technology to do the work properly. We will leverage information technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables effortless communications, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with other Progent consultants — entirely from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t waste time or lose income because of regular commutes to a physical office, and any travel you do for in-person client work is based on your own schedule, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that most of our consulting services can be done remotely, offering 100% productivity for billable time. In fact, some of our staff do off-site consulting exclusively.
Our business structure is geared towards responding rapidly and efficiently to customer requirements through information exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Even though our consultants work with a high level of independence, dispatching is centralized, customer issues and resolutions are carefully tracked, documented, and organized for convenient retrieval, up-to-date engineer schedules are published to streamline group tasks and simplify problem escalation, and client satisfaction is continually evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation through monthly team conferences and regular corporate events.
Most of Progent's team is situated across California, however we are building a rapidly expanding group of network professionals from across America. Our virtual office environment eliminates regional boundaries that limit the productivity of conventional business models. We complete the deal by offering a full employee care program to promote the health and financial welfare of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, our marketing and operations groups match the excellence that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progent’s growth are enabling us to target and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are currently acquiring each month. Progent lately celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales operation.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a steady series of technical challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Clients choose consultants to do the toughest jobs. Creative projects, advanced implementations, puzzling or entrenched problems, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for our services every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for network professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every morning excited about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by building close client contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization from top to bottom. If you do not offer strong people skills or like working with a varied group of people, then we are in all likelihood a poor match.
If this seems good to you, we invite you to contact us about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well designed and implemented information system can be a crucial piece for enabling any firm's growth, and we follow this credo in our corporate network infrastructure. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's in-house engineers and certified contractors to offer fast and efficient support, cooperate easily on sophisticated jobs, and experience professional and private maturity from being a member of a dynamic business ethos of self motivation and independence.