One of America's premier network consulting companies for business systems, Progent manages a full-time team of certified support experts who focus on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP solutions
- System security analysis
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and system management
Our Experts Group, which includes freelance consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized knowledge covering a wide range of key business areas and network solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web application design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and DBA consulting
- Office Access application programming, migration and training
- Office and Office 365 individual and group training
Creative models for finding clients, delivering support, maintaining a dynamic company culture, and providing highly competitive compensation have allowed Progent to be one of the most rapidly expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in America and to establish an international organization for delivering online network service. If you are an accredited computer technician or information technology consultant with a focus on a client service and excellent people skills, you will discover Progent a chance for adding to your professional skills, living a more independent lifestyle, and attaining financial success.
Learn Additional Details Concerning Working at Progent
Check out these links to learn additional details concerning our work openings, company culture, work conditions, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Positions at Progent
We are seeking a variety of on-staff employees including motivated Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer consultants; system consultants with Cisco certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant system architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop environments, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and virtual servers. We are also seeking workstation support technicians, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISA accredited security professionals. Progent is also looking for experienced managers and administrators who can operate efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn additional details concerning staff professional services jobs at Progent by visiting Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contract Work at Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants who have in-depth expertise and field experience in crucial information technology topics outside our main service concentration. Our Experts Group includes contractors who can provide advice and development services for strategic applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep expertise with popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer world-class skills in technologies like telecom, web site design, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle Database development and administration. Freelance consultants certified by Progent coordinate with our in-house engineers to provide end-to-end IT services for small business networks. If you want to learn more details about contract work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, go to Contracting Opportunities with Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Different
Progent has been able to recruit the top consulting talent by being different. Providing an innovative blend of entrepreneurial drive, insistence on customer satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technology, and an independent work model that offers quality-of-life choices for our consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating setting for talented individuals who posses a desire for rapidly enhancing their professional skills to deliver concrete solutions for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Find out additional information about ways that Progent is unique by visiting Ways That We Are Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office environment uses state-of-the-art technologies that allow remote support, wireless communication, easy availability of Progent's support databases, and instant cooperation with talented team members to allow you to handle challenging IT issues. Our virtual office structure enables consultants to concentrate on providing IT solutions rather than dealing with commutes and lets consultants establish successful client relationships by permitting you to provide fast, effective, and affordable solutions. To find out additional information concerning our virtual office network, go to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefits
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is wholly determined by what you generate. Consultants have the option of focusing on quality of life and electing to work at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's versatile structure to make time for personal pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable income by persistent effort and long hours. Progent also provides complete family health insurance plus many other benefits. Learn more about Progent's compensation and benefit programs by going to Our Compensation and Benefits.
Working with Progent FAQs
To see answers to common questions concerning being employed by Progent, refer to Employment at Progent Q&A.
Here is a description of Progent's current job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to help a range of small organizations to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information on Desktop Engineer Jobs
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small organizations maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Sr. Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The right applicant should be a technical consultant with mastery in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This role calls for a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these technologies.
More information about Senior Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's broad portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
More information about Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining key components of engagement propositions that tie Progent's deliverables with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing IT technology
If you would like to enquire about any opening shown above, you should send your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the job codes of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts About Jobs at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Help Professionals
Progent wants to hire staff-level, results-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco certified network consultants who have CCIE credentials; security professionals who have CISA or comparable security certification; and advanced system design consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high uptime, workplace recovery, information protection, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks professionals to join Progent's staff of helpdesk service specialists and remote troubleshooting experts. In addition, We are hiring experienced managers who can operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, delivering world-class customer services, and offering a strong value-based pricing model, We have been able to increase our customer base dramatically while delivering consulting services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared information base, and a team strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a satisfied client list.
If you are an information technology consultant with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or helping our customers will enhance your skills via cooperation with Progent's staff of mutually supportive, talented engineers. Our commitment to delivering network consulting and computer support to small and midsize companies will offer you the opportunity to work intimately with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the success of dynamic businesses.
We are looking for technical professionals that have recognized certification related to their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. For Cisco professionals, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or other leading security certifications. Naturally, we are familiar with "paper experts". However, the fact that a certificate can not ensure expertise is no excuse for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of those tests should be no challenge. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then customers expect credentials. Progent will market your skills, but you need to have standard credentials for Progent to work with. If you are strongly against the idea of certifications, Progent can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's consulting engineers have provided affordable and successful computer consulting services for businesses in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common support knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have enabled Progent to build a strong in-house team and dramatically grow a loyal clientele.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide customers the help of specialized computer consulting professionals who have in-depth skills and field background in important technologies outside of Progent's primary concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are typically independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by Progent to work closely with our in-house consultants to provide end-to-end, world-class network solutions to small companies. We are always expanding the Experts Group to address the special needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group now offers support in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Mission-critical and specialized application help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Special program design and deployment
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and client information portal development and integration
- DBM management and efficiency help
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecom architecture consulting
Advantages of being part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you get to leverage the impact of Progent's explosive growth and top-notch reputation in the market. By having a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, offering excellent customer care, and following a proven, value-oriented pricing model, we have quadrupled our customer base during the past several years and Progent currently delivers professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing staff handles all facets of marketing your services and areas of knowledge into our quickly growing client base, so you expend less effort signing up customers and more time generating revenue.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who are the gateway to the decision makers among our clients.
- Our sales and operations teams will take care of the complete selling and contracting process, from opportunity identification, project qualification, client needs definition, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus is on providing top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will provide you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, offering professional meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, plus data and voice connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive database, processes based on leading practices, library of professional publications, and the shared experience from one of 's largest independent groups of expert information technology engineers.
- We will share special benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, on-line access to restricted vendor support tools and product support resources, and downloadable in-house use software for training or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to become part of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have strict qualifications to join:
- You need to have a strong background as a consultant operating on your own in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year record of successful contracting projects or you must have an active client base for whom you currently deliver ongoing consulting activity.
- You should demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of concentration, including having a long work-related history and excellent references, and have current manufacturer and/or industry professional certifications.
- You have to know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You should have excellent communications skills and know how to work efficiently by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You must be able to communicate proper goals to customers and fellow Progent team members and you must be able scope out tasks, create task plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Network Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a better consultant by improving your technical skills and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the best consulting experts for you to operate with, providing an advanced system infrastructure, using custom application utilities to deliver the highest quality of service, and by streamlining our business structures for finding and keeping customers.
The main factor that distinguishes Progent from ordinary consulting firms is the excellence of our service staff. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have recruited top talent covering a broad range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Apple, Linux, virtual servers, or other vital technologies, we deploy experts who can enable you to be successful on larger projects by leveraging the aggregate experience of our group of professionals.
To promote the productivity of Progent's team, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful technology to perform the work properly. Progent will exploit information technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables effortless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent consultants — entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue because of daily drives to a physical office building, and any driving you do for on-site client work is based on your own time table, not ours. The best benefit is that much of our support services can be done remotely, offering maximum efficiency for billable time. In practice, some Progent staff do off-site support exclusively.
Progent's operations are set up for responding rapidly and efficiently to client requirements through information exchange and collaborative problem solving. Although Progent's engineers work with a high level of freedom, dispatching is unified, client issues and solutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and archived for convenient retrieval, up-to-date consultant availability is published to streamline team tasks and simplify problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is always evaluated. We strengthen the sense of cooperation via periodic team conferences and quarterly corporate events.
Most of Progent's consultants are located throughout California, but we are building a rapidly growing group of network professionals throughout America. Our virtual office environment eliminates geographic boundaries that restrict the efficiency of traditional company models. We enhance the deal by offering a full employee care program to ensure the physical health and financial security of our employees and their families.
Just as we have awesome consultants, Progent's sales and administration teams match the high standards that characterizes Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progent’s success are enabling us to identify and sign up the scores of new clients we are currently acquiring every month. Progent lately celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales organization.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a key for growth with us. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a steady series of network challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Clients choose consulting firms to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, advanced implementations, vexing or entrenched issues, and difficult migrations are the basis for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for computer professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every morning excited about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by building strong client relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their success. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused company through and through. If you do not offer excellent people skills or like cooperating with a diverse assortment of personalities, then we are in all likelihood a poor match.
If this seems right for you, we invite you to talk to us about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well designed and executed network can be a pivotal piece for enabling any firm's success, and we follow this belief in our corporate system infrastructure. We have created a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that allows our staff engineers and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and effective service, collaborate closely on complex jobs, and gain from career and personal maturity from being a member of an exciting company ethos of self motivation and freedom.