Among America's premier computer consulting firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a full-time team of certified support professionals who concentrate on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security consulting
- Sophisticated system infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and system administration
Our Experts Group, which contracts independent experts certified and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized skills covering a wide range of key business areas and networking solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- BI expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based application software design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and DBA consulting
- Office Access database application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 training
Innovative models for attracting customers, delivering service, maintaining a dynamic working environment, and offering generous compensation and benefits have allowed us to become one of the most rapidly expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in America and to establish a worldwide presence for delivering online IT assistance. If you are an accredited computer technician or network expert with a drive for a customer success and excellent communication skills, you will discover Progent a chance for adding to your technical knowledge, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving financial success.
Learn More Details About Working at Progent
Check out these links to learn more information concerning our work opportunities, company culture, operational environment, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Work at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of full-time employees including motivated Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network engineers; network consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant system architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop environments, business continuity planning, data preservation, and virtual servers. We are also hiring workstation support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP accredited security engineers. We are also seeking experienced managers able to operate efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Learn more details about staff professional services jobs at Progent by going to Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Contract Work with Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants who have specialized knowledge and hands-on experience in crucial information technology topics beyond Progent's primary service focus. Our Experts Group hires contractors who offer consulting and development services for mission-critical solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess specialized expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer world-class help in technologies like telecommunications, web site design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and management. Freelance contractors certified by Progent cooperate with Progent's full-time engineers to deliver end-to-end solutions for small company networks. In order to learn additional details concerning contracting jobs with Progent's Experts Team, visit Contract Opportunities at Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Different
Progent has managed to recruit the top consulting experts by being unique. With a powerful blend of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to client success, use of state-of-the-art technology, and an independent business structure that accommodates life-style options for Progent's team members, Progent offers a dynamic culture for select individuals who posses a drive for quickly enhancing their professional abilities to deliver real-world benefits for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Find out additional information about ways that we are different by visiting How We Are Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office model provides state-of-the-art technologies that enable off-site access, wireless connectivity, convenient access to Progent's knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with talented colleagues to help you to deal with business-critical network issues. Our virtual office environment frees consultants to focus on delivering service instead of fighting commutes and lets consultants build successful client relationships by enabling you to provide quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To learn more information concerning our virtual office work environment, refer to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is entirely determined by the revenue you generate. Consultants have the option of focusing on quality of life and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's flexible schedule to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable income through hard effort and long consulting time. Progent also provides comprehensive family health care coverage as well as numerous additional benefits. Find out more details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by going to Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Working with Progent Q&A
For replies to popular questions about being a consultant at Progent, see Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Here is a description of our current job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a range of small businesses to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details about Desktop Support Expert Job
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small businesses maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and deployment projects. The ideal candidate would be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This role calls for a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
More information about Sr. Exchange Consultant Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's broad portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
Details about Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating key elements of consulting propositions which tie Progent's services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining good relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly changing technology
If you would like to ask about any opening shown above, please send your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to state the job codes of the positions of interest.
Additional Facts About Jobs at Progent
Career Work for Network Consultants, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Help Technicians
Progent wants to hire fulltime, results-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP certification; Cisco certified system consultants who have Cisco certification; security consultants who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security certification; and advanced system design consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high availability, business continuity, information protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring employees who can join our staff of help desk support specialists and off-site support experts. Also, We are seeking experienced managers able to operate effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of talented and motivated professionals, delivering attentive customer care, and offering a competitive value-focused fee model, Progent has managed to increase our customer list dramatically while providing professional support to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared information database, and a group approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a satisfied customer base.
For an information technology professional with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or working for our clients will expand your knowledge through interaction with our group of mutually supportive, talented engineers. Our focus on delivering network consulting and computer support to small and midsize companies will give you the chance to collaborate intimately with decision makers and add appreciably to the success of exciting companies.
Progent is hiring technical professionals that have verifiable certification related to their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, have your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security credentials. Naturally, we are familiar with ďpaper MCSEs.Ē Still, the fact that a certificate can not ensure expertise is no justification for not earning one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of these certifications should be no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you call yourself a professional, then customers expect certifications. We will promote your talents, but you need to provide standard credentials for us to work with. If you happen to be adamantly opposed to the concept of certifications, Progent can understand and respect your position, but you are likely not a good fit.
Contract Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, Progent's information technology professionals have provided low-cost and effective computer consulting services for businesses in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common support knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem solving have helped Progent to build a strong consulting group and dramatically grow a loyal customer base.
The Experts Group is our way to provide clients the services of expert computer support engineers who have advanced skills and field background in key areas beyond our primary concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are typically independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by us to work closely with Progent's staff engineers to provide comprehensive, world-class network services to small companies. We are continually enhancing the Experts Team to meet the particular requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group now provides consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Strategic and specialized program help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom applications development and integration
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal development and deployment
- DBM management and efficiency help
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications architecture support
Advantages of becoming a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you get to leverage the impact of Progent's dramatic growth and top-notch reputation in the industry. By having a group of skilled and committed consultants, offering excellent client support, and following a strong, ROI-oriented billing structure, Progent has quadrupled our customer base over the last few years and Progent currently delivers professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in California and across the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff takes care of all aspects of promoting your skills and technical knowledge into our quickly growing customer base, so you expend less time signing up customers and extra time making revenue.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and Progent's key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who are the gateway to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Progent's selling and operations staffs will manage the complete sales and engagement cycle, from lead generation, job qualification, client needs definition, skills matching, project scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus stays with delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you access to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, and data and voice connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to our vast database, processes based on industry best practices, library of professional documents, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert consulting engineers.
- We will share special benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, on-line connections to special vendor troubleshooting tools and technical support resources, and downloadable internal use software for education or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to be a member of our Experts Team, but we do have the following requirements for membership:
- You should show a strong track record as a consulting professional working independently in your field of specialization, including at least a two year record of successful contracting projects and/or have your own active customer base to whom you currently deliver continuing consulting activity.
- You must show that you have expertise in your field of concentration, which includes showing an extensive task-relevant record and strong referrals, and have up-to-date vendor or institutional professional qualifications.
- You need to be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You need to have strong people skills and understand how to work effectively alone or as a member of a group.
- You must know how to explain realistic goals to clients and other Progent consultants and you have to be able evaluate jobs, create project plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Network Consultants
Progent's business climate will make you a better consultant by improving your technical skills and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the best consulting experts for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, running custom software tools to deliver the maximum level of support, and by optimizing our business models for attracting and keeping customers.
The most important factor that differentiates Progent from typical consulting companies is the excellence of our consulting team. Out of the scores of consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled the best expertise covering a broad range of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux, server virtualization, or other vital application, we engage experts who can help you to be successful on major jobs by leveraging the aggregate skills of Progent's team of experts.
To ensure the success of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in providing the best technology to do the job properly. Progent will leverage information technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables effortless communications, cooperation, and information sharing with other Progent consultants ó entirely from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants donít throw away time or lose income with daily drives to a physical office, and any travel you do for in-person client jobs is based on your own time table, not ours. The most attractive part is that much of our consulting work can be performed remotely, representing maximum productivity for income-producing time. In fact, some of our team members do remote consulting exclusively.
Progent's business structure is set up for responding rapidly and effectively to client requirements through information exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Even though Progent's consultants work with a high level of independence, dispatching is centralized, customer problems and solutions are carefully tracked, documented, and archived for convenient retrieval, current consultant availability is broadcast to facilitate team projects and simplify trouble escalation, and client approval is always evaluated. We reinforce the sense of connection via monthly workgroup meetings and regular corporate events.
Most of our consultants are located across California, but we are building a rapidly expanding team of consulting professionals throughout the U.S. Our virtual office environment does away with regional obstacles that restrict the efficiency of traditional company structures. We enhance the deal by offering a comprehensive benefit plan to ensure the health and economic security of our team members and their families.
Just as we have awesome consultants, our sales and operations groups live up to the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progentís growth are helping us to target and land the 50-60 new clients we are now engaging every month. Progent lately marked the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective sales operation.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a key for success with us. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of technical challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Customers choose consultants to perform the toughest jobs. Creative projects, advanced deployments, puzzling or entrenched problems, and tricky migrations are the foundation for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for network engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every day excited about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by building close customer relationships and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company heart and soul. If you do not offer strong people skills or like cooperating with a varied group of people, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good fit.
If this sounds right for you, we invite you to contact us about our view of the future of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully designed and implemented network can be a crucial piece for accelerating a company's growth, and Progent follows this credo in our own system environment. Progent has created a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows our in-house consultants and certified contractors to offer fast and efficient service, cooperate closely on complex projects, and experience professional and private growth from being part of an exciting company ethos of personal drive and independence.