One of the premiere computer consultant companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a large team of talented support professionals who concentrate on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security consulting
- Sophisticated network infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and system administration
Our Experts Group, which includes independent experts certified and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally refined skills covering a broad variety of vital software areas and network solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Business Intelligence consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web application development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and DBA help
- Office Access application programming, migration and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 consulting
Creative models for attracting customers, providing support, creating a dynamic working environment, and offering highly competitive compensation and benefits have enabled us to be one of the most rapidly expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the U.S. and to establish an international presence for delivering online network assistance. If you are an accredited IT technician or network expert with a focus on a customer service and strong communication skills, you will discover Progent a chance for adding to your technical knowledge, living a more rewarding career, and attaining economic security.
Learn More Information About Working at Progent
Check out these pages to learn additional details about our job openings, business philosophy, operational conditions, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of on-staff workers such as experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer engineers; network experts with Cisco CCIE credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant system architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability environments, business continuity planning, data preservation, and virtual servers. We are also seeking workstation support experts, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP accredited security consultants. Progent is also hiring experienced managers who can operate efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Find out additional details about full-time consulting work at Progent by going to Consulting Positions at Progent.
Contracting Work with Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals with specialized knowledge and field background in crucial information technology topics outside Progent's main technical focus. Progent's Experts Group hires freelance consultants who offer advice and development services for line-of-business solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have in-depth expertise with popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer world-class help in technologies such as telecom, web site development, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM development and management. Independent contractors premier by Progent coordinate with Progent's full-time professionals to provide comprehensive solutions for small and midsize company networks. To learn additional details about contract jobs with our Experts Team, see Contract Jobs with Progent.
How Progent Is Different
We have managed to recruit the top professional talent by being unique. With a powerful mix of entrepreneurial drive, insistence on client success, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, plus an independent work model that accommodates life-style options for our consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic setting for select consultants who have a drive for rapidly improving their technical abilities to create real-world benefits for a variety of organizations and network environments. Learn more information about reasons we are exceptional by referring to How Progent Is Different.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office network incorporates sophisticated technical tools that enable off-site support, wireless connectivity, easy availability of our knowledge bases, and close cooperation with talented team members to help you to resolve business-critical network problems. Progent's virtual office model allows you to concentrate on providing IT solutions instead of dealing with traffic and lets you nurture lasting client relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. To find out more information about our virtual office network, see Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is directly determined by what you contribute. You have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, using our versatile schedule to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to make significant income through hard effort and long consulting time. Progent also offers full family health care coverage plus numerous additional benefits. Learn more details concerning Progent's compensation and benefits by visiting Progent Compensation Model and Benefits.
Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see answers to frequent enquiries concerning becoming employed by Progent, go to Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Below is a list of some present job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the to help a variety of small and midsize organizations to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information on Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small businesses manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and deployment projects. The ideal candidate should be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This position demands a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these platforms.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's broad selection of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining key elements of engagement propositions that align our deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining excellent relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing IT technology
If you wish to ask about any position shown above, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Jobs with Us
Staff Work for Network Consultants, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Help Professionals
Progent wants to hire staff-level, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco certified network consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security consultants who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security credentials; and high-end network design consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, high availability, business continuity, data preservation, and VMware. Progent also seeks professionals who can join Progent's staff of help desk service specialists and remote troubleshooting experts. In addition, We are hiring experienced administrators able to perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, providing world-class customer care, and following a strong value-based pricing model, We have been able to expand our client base dramatically while delivering professional services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common information database, and a team approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a skilled staff and a satisfied customer base.
For an information technology professional with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's customers will expand your skills via cooperation with Progent's group of highly supportive, talented consultants. Progent's commitment to providing network expertise and computer help to small and midsize organizations will give you the opportunity to work closely with decision makers and add appreciably to the success of exciting companies.
Progent is hiring technical professionals who can show recognized credentials in their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your MCSE credential. For Cisco consultants, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or one of the other top security certifications. Of course, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Still, the fact that a credential can not guarantee expertise is no justification for not earning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of those certifications should present no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you call yourself a professional, then customers deserve to see credentials. Progent can broadcast your talents, but you must provide standard certifications for Progent to market. In case you stand adamantly opposed to the concept of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Contract Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's information technology engineers have offered affordable and successful network support services for small businesses in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common support knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have enabled us to retain a talented consulting group and quickly expand a loyal client base.
The Experts Team is our way to offer customers the services of expert computer consulting engineers who have advanced skills and field experience in key technologies outside of our core focus in network support and security. Experts Team consultants are often independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by Progent to work closely with our staff consultants to deliver end-to-end, world-class network services to small companies. We are continually enhancing our Experts Group to address the particular requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Group now provides consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Line-of-business and specialized program support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom program design and deployment
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and client portal design and integration
- SQL management and efficiency help
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications systems support
Advantages of being a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to take advantage of the impact of Progent's explosive growth and top-notch recognition in the marketplace. By maintaining a team of skilled and committed professionals, providing excellent client support, and practicing a strong, value-oriented billing model, we have quadrupled our customer base over the last few years and Progent currently delivers consulting services to hundreds of businesses in California and across the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing team handles all aspects of marketing your services and areas of expertise into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you expend less time finding customers and more time making money.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and Progent's core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who are the conduit to the influential managers among Progent's clients.
- Our sales and operations teams will manage the entire selling and contracting process, from opportunity generation, job approval, client needs definition, skills matching, project scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus stays with providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will provide you access to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, including professional conference sites in the San Francisco area, and data and voice connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive database, processes based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert information technology professionals.
- Progent will share special benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, web connections to special vendor support utilities and technical support resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for training or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to be part of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have the following requirements to join:
- You need to show a proven track record as a consultant operating on your own in your area of specialization, including at least a two year record of completed contracting jobs or you must have an active customer base for whom you now deliver continuing support services.
- You must demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of concentration, which includes having a long work-related history and excellent referrals, and possess up-to-date manufacturer or industry professional certifications.
- You need to be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You should have strong people skills and know how to operate effectively by yourself or as part of a team.
- You must be able to articulate realistic expectations to customers and other Progent consultants and you should know how evaluate jobs, produce project plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's company culture will make you a better professional by improving your technical skills and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the top consulting talent for you to operate with, offering an advanced system architecture, using custom software utilities to enable the highest quality of support, and by optimizing our business structures for attracting and maintaining clients.
The decisive factor that distinguishes Progent from most consulting firms is the high quality of our service staff. Out of the scores of consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited top expertise covering a broad array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other crucial technologies, we engage professionals who can help you to be effective on major projects by leveraging the aggregate skills of Progent's group of professionals.
To ensure the success of Progent's team, we invest significantly in making available the best technology to perform the job properly. Progent will leverage information technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office environment enables seamless communications, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with other Progent consultants — entirely from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose income with daily drives to a conventional office, and all driving you do for in-person customer jobs is based on your own time table, not Progent's. The best part is that most of our consulting services can be performed off-site, offering 100% productivity for billable time. In practice, some of our staff do off-site consulting only.
Our operations are set up for reacting quickly and effectively to customer needs via information sharing and cooperative problem solving. Although Progent's engineers work with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, client problems and resolutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and organized for convenient reference, up-to-date engineer availability is published to streamline group projects and enable trouble escalation, and customer approval is always evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation through monthly workgroup conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of Progent's team is situated across California, however we are attracting a rapidly expanding group of consulting professionals from across the U.S. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic boundaries that limit the efficiency of conventional company models. We complete the package by providing a full benefit plan to ensure the physical health and economic security of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and operations groups live up to the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progent’s success are enabling us to target and land the scores of new clients we are now acquiring every month. Progent recently celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong marketing operation.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of network challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Clients choose consultants to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative projects, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or chronic issues, and tricky migrations are the foundation for our services every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for computer professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by establishing close client relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented organization from top to bottom. If you do not have excellent people skills or like cooperating with a diverse group of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good match.
If all this sounds right for you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully architected and implemented network can be a pivotal piece for enabling a firm's success, and we apply this credo in our own system infrastructure. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows Progent's staff engineers and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and effective service, cooperate closely on complex projects, and experience career and personal maturity by acting as part of an exciting business culture of personal drive and freedom.