Among America's top computer consulting companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a full-time team of certified service experts who focus on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP products
- Enterprise security consulting
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Off-site IT support and system administration
Our Experts Group, which contracts freelance experts certified and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally refined skills in a wide range of key business areas and networking technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based app development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and management consulting
- Office Access database programming, migration and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 training
Creative models for finding clients, delivering service, establishing an efficient working environment, and providing generous profit sharing have enabled us to be among the fastest expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant firms in America and to establish a worldwide organization for delivering online IT assistance. If you are a certified computer support professional or network consultant with an orientation towards a customer success and excellent communication skills, consultants will find in Progent a chance for adding to your technical knowledge, developing a more independent career, and achieving economic security.
Learn Additional Details About Jobs at Progent
Check out these links to learn more details concerning our job openings, company philosophy, work conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Consulting Positions at Progent
We are seeking a range of full-time workers including motivated Microsoft MCSE computer consultants; connectivity experts who have CCIE credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant system architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop environments, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent is also hiring workstation support technicians, remote service specialists, and CISM accredited security professionals. We are also seeking veteran managers who can perform efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out more details about full-time consulting jobs at Progent by visiting Full-time Positions at Progent.
Freelance Work with Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals who have proven expertise and hands-on experience in high-demand information technology areas outside Progent's main technical focus. Our Experts Group employs contractors who can provide consulting and development services for strategic applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have in-depth knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide world-class help in areas like telecom, web site development, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM programming and management. Freelance consultants premier by us cooperate with Progent's in-house consultants to deliver comprehensive solutions for small and midsize company networks. If you want to learn more details about contracting work with our Experts Team, refer to Freelance Opportunities with Progent.
Ways That We Are Unique
Progent has managed to attract the top professional talent by being different. Providing a powerful mix of enterprising drive, insistence on customer success, use of state-of-the-art technology, and a flexible work structure that allows for quality-of-life options for Progent's team members, Progent offers a stimulating culture for talented individuals who posses a desire for quickly improving their professional skills to create real-world benefits for a variety of businesses and network environments. Find out additional details about reasons we are exceptional by visiting How We Are Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office model utilizes advanced technical tools that allow remote access, wireless connectivity, easy access to our support databases, and close collaboration with talented team members to help you to handle business-critical IT issues. Our virtual office model frees consultants to focus on delivering IT solutions rather than fighting traffic and lets you establish lasting client relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, effective, and affordable solutions. To find out additional details about Progent's virtual office work environment, refer to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is entirely tied to what you generate. You have the choice of focusing on life style and electing to consult at an easy pace, using our versatile structure to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to make considerable money by persistent work and lots of hours. Progent also offers comprehensive family health insurance as well as many additional benefits. Find out more about our compensation and benefits by going to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Employment at Progent Questions and Answers
For answers to frequent questions about becoming employed by Progent, go to Jobs at Progent FAQs.
Below is a list of some available job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a range of small and midsize organizations to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Job
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small organizations manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Exchange design and deployment projects. The ideal candidate should be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This position calls for experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these platforms.
Specifics on Senior Exchange Consultant Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
More information about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining key elements of consulting proposals that associate Progent's services with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining strong relationships with customers
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving technology
If you would like to enquire about any opening listed above, you should send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please copy the job codes of the positions of interest.
More Information Concerning Jobs at Progent
Staff Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent wants to hire full-time, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco certified network engineers with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security consultants who have CISM or comparable security certification; and advanced network design experts with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high uptime, business continuity, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks professionals who can join our staff of help desk support specialists and remote support professionals. In addition, We are looking for experienced administrators able to perform productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and dedicated consultants, delivering attentive customer services, and offering a strong results-based fee structure, We have managed to expand our customer base rapidly while providing consulting services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common information database, and a team approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a talented staff and a satisfied customer base.
If you are a network consultant with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's clients will expand your skills via cooperation with our staff of mutually supportive, talented engineers. Our focus on providing network consulting and technical help to small and midsize companies will offer you the chance to work closely with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the success of dynamic companies.
We are looking for consultants who can show recognized certification in their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security certifications. Of course, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Nevertheless, the fact that a credential can not ensure excellence is no justification for not owning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of these certifications should present no challenge. The point is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then customers deserve to see certifications. We can broadcast your skills, but you need to have standard certifications for Progent to work with. If you are strongly opposed to the concept of certifications, Progent can understand and honor your opinion, but you are likely not a good fit.
Freelance Work for premier Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, our consulting professionals have offered affordable and effective network support expertise for companies in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common support knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem solving have enabled us to retain a strong in-house team and quickly expand a loyal clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to provide clients the help of specialized computer support professionals who have advanced skills and work background in important technologies outside of our core focus in network support and security. Experts Group consultants are typically freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by Progent to work closely with our staff engineers to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small and midsize companies. We are always enhancing the Experts Team to address the special needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group currently offers consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Strategic and specialized application help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special program design and integration
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal development and deployment
- Database support and efficiency help
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecom systems consulting
Advantages of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you can benefit from the impact of Progent's explosive growth and top-notch recognition in the market. By maintaining a group of talented and dedicated professionals, offering excellent customer support, and following a strong, ROI-oriented pricing model, Progent has multiplied our customer base over the past several years and Progent currently delivers consulting services to hundreds of companies in California and across the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing team handles all facets of marketing your skills and areas of expertise into our quickly growing client base, so you expend less effort signing up customers and extra time making revenue.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and our key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who act as the conduit to the influential managers among Progent's clients.
- Progent's sales and administration groups will take care of the entire sales and engagement cycle, from lead generation, job qualification, customer needs description, skills matching, project scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility is on providing high-level consulting service.
- We will provide you connections to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering professional conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, and data and voice access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast knowledge base, processes based on leading practices, abundance of professional publications, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert consulting professionals.
- We will share special benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line access to special vendor support tools and product support resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for education and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to be a member of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have these qualifications for membership:
- You must have a strong track record as a consulting professional working independently in your area of expertise, including at least a two year history of completed consulting jobs and/or have an active client base to which you now provide continuing consulting activity.
- You should demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of specialization, including showing a long work-related history and strong referrals, and possess current manufacturer and/or industry professional certifications.
- You should know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You need to have excellent communications skills and know how to work effectively alone or as a member of a team.
- You must be able to articulate realistic expectations to clients and other Progent consultants and you have to be able scope out projects, produce task plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Network Consultants
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a more capable consultant by improving your information technology skills and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the top consulting experts for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, using proprietary application utilities to enable the maximum level of support, and by streamlining proven operational models for attracting and keeping customers.
The main factor that distinguishes Progent from typical network support firms is the high quality of our consultants. Among the scores of consultants who have joined Progent, we have assembled top talent covering a wide array of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Macintosh, Linux, server virtualization, or other vital technologies, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be successful on major jobs by leveraging the aggregate experience of Progent's team of experts.
To promote the success of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in making available the best technology to do the job properly. Progent will leverage technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows seamless communications, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with other Progent team members ó entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants donít throw away time or lose revenue with regular commutes to a conventional office, and all driving you do for in-person client work is based on your own schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that most of Progent's support services can be done remotely, representing maximum productivity for income-producing time. In fact, some Progent team members do off-site consulting exclusively.
Our business structure is geared towards reacting quickly and efficiently to customer requirements via knowledge sharing and collaborative problem solving. Even though Progent's engineers operate with a high level of independence, resource allocation is unified, customer issues and solutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and organized for convenient retrieval, up-to-date consultant availability is published to streamline team tasks and enable trouble escalation, and client approval is always evaluated. We reinforce the sense of connection via periodic workgroup conferences and regular company-wide events.
Most of Progent's team is situated throughout California, however Progent is attracting a quickly growing team of network professionals from across the United States. Our virtual office environment eliminates geographic obstacles that restrict the productivity of traditional company models. We complete the deal by offering a full benefit program to promote the health and financial welfare of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consultants, our sales and operations groups live up to the high standards that defines Progent. These top-notch factors behind our success are enabling us to identify and land the scores of new customers we are now engaging each month. Progent recently celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales operation.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with us. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of technical challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Clients rely on consultants to do the ďhard stuff.Ē Creative tasks, advanced implementations, vexing or entrenched issues, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for computer professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every morning excited about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will work with some great folks, both by establishing close customer contacts and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented organization heart and soul. If you donít have excellent communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse group of people, then Progent is probably not a good fit.
If all this seems good to you, we invite you to contact us about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and implemented network can be a crucial factor for accelerating any company's growth, and Progent applies this philosophy in our corporate network environment. We have built a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that enables our staff consultants and certified contractors to offer fast and effective support, collaborate closely on complex jobs, and gain from career and personal maturity from acting as a member of an exciting company culture of self motivation and freedom.