Among America's top computer consultant firms for business networks, Progent maintains a full-time team of talented service professionals who focus on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security consulting
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and system management
Our Experts Team, which contracts independent consultants premier and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized knowledge covering a wide range of vital business areas and networking technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web application development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database application development, migration and training
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 training
Creative structures for acquiring customers, providing service, maintaining an efficient working environment, and providing highly competitive compensation have enabled Progent to become among the most rapidly growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the United States and to establish a worldwide presence for providing remote network assistance. If you are a certified computer support professional or network consultant with an orientation towards a client service and excellent people skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent a chance for adding to your technical knowledge, developing a more independent lifestyle, and achieving economic success.
Find Out Additional Information Concerning Working with Progent
Check out these pages to find out additional details about our work opportunities, business culture, operational conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Full-time Careers at Progent
We are looking for a range of full-time professionals including motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer consultants; network experts with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and specialists in advanced system design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop environments, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also seeking workstation support experts, off-site service specialists, and CISSP certified security engineers. Progent is also seeking experienced managers and administrators able to perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Learn more information concerning full-time consulting work at Progent by going to Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Freelance Jobs at Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants with in-depth expertise and working background in high-demand information technology areas beyond our main service focus. Our Experts Group hires independent consultants who can provide consulting and programming services for strategic applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have specialized knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide expert help in areas like telecom, web site development, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle Database development and management. Freelance consultants certified by us cooperate with Progent's staff consultants to provide comprehensive solutions for small and midsize business networks. To find out additional details concerning contract opportunities with our Experts Consulting Group, visit Contract Opportunities with Progent.
Reasons That We Are Unique
We have been able to attract the top professional talent by being different. With a powerful mix of enterprising drive, commitment to client success, use of advanced technology, plus an independent work structure that offers life-style options for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic environment for talented individuals who have a drive for rapidly improving their technical abilities to deliver real-world solutions for a range of organizations and technical environments. Find out additional information about how Progent is different by referring to How We Are Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office environment utilizes advanced technologies that enable off-site access, wireless communication, easy availability of Progent's support databases, and instant cooperation with talented colleagues to allow you to handle challenging IT issues. Our virtual office structure allows you to concentrate on delivering service rather than dealing with traffic and helps consultants nurture lasting customer relationships by permitting you to provide quick, effective, and affordable solutions. To learn additional details concerning Progent's virtual office network, refer to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is entirely determined by the revenue you generate. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's versatile schedule to make time for personal enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to make significant money by hard effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health coverage as well as many additional benefits. Learn more details about our compensation and benefit packages by going to Our Compensation and Benefits.
Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For replies to common enquiries concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, refer to Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Below is a description of Progent's available job openings:
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert -
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a range of small and midsize businesses to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize businesses maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - , Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange planning and deployment projects. The right applicant would be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This role demands a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Positions
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive selection of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Generating and articulating key components of service propositions which associate our services with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving IT technology
Details on Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to ask about any position shown above, please e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to state the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
More Information Concerning Work at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire fulltime, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP certification; Cisco accredited system engineers with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security consultants who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security certification; and high-end network design consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, high availability, workplace recovery, information preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks employees who can work on Progent's team of desktop service specialists and remote troubleshooting experts. Also, Progent is hiring experienced administrators who can operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of skilled and motivated consultants, providing attentive customer care, and offering a strong results-focused pricing structure, Progent has been able to expand our client list rapidly while delivering consulting support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared knowledge database, and a group strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a loyal customer base.
For an information technology consultant with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or working for our clients can enhance your knowledge via interaction with Progent's staff of highly team-oriented, talented consultants. Our focus on providing information technology consulting and computer support to small and midsize companies will give you the chance to collaborate intimately with key players and contribute significantly to the success of dynamic companies.
We are looking for consultants that have verifiable credentials in their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. In the case of Cisco experts, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security certifications. Of course, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, simply because a credential does not guarantee excellence is no justification for not owning one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of these tests should be no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you are a professional, then customers deserve to see credentials. We can promote your talents, but you should provide standard credentials for Progent to work with. If you stand strongly opposed to the concept of credentials, Progent can understand and honor your opinion, but you are likely not a good fit.
Contract Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, Progent's computer professionals have offered low-cost and effective computer consulting services for small businesses in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common technical knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a talented staff and quickly expand a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Group is our way to offer clients the help of specialized information technology support professionals who have in-depth knowledge and work experience in important technologies beyond Progent's core concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are typically freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by Progent to work closely with our in-house engineers to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small companies. Progent is always enhancing our Experts Group to address the special requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Group now offers consulting in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Line-of-business and vertical application help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Special program design and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal development and integration
- Database support and efficiency consulting
- Management information expertise
- Telecom systems consulting
Benefits of being part of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you get to take advantage of the impact of our dramatic expansion and top-notch reputation in the industry. By maintaining a team of skilled and committed professionals, offering excellent client support, and following a strong, ROI-oriented pricing model, we have quadrupled our customer base during the last several years and Progent now provides consulting support to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing staff handles all facets of promoting your services and areas of expertise into our rapidly expanding client base, so you spend less effort signing up clients and more time generating money.
- We will assist in communications between you and our key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who are the gateway to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Progent's sales and administration teams will take care of the entire selling and contracting cycle, from opportunity identification, job qualification, client needs definition, skills matching, project scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus is on providing top-quality consulting service.
- We will provide you connections to our advanced virtual office environment, offering professional meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, and data and voice connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our vast database, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of professional publications, and the shared experience from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced consulting professionals.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line connections to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and product maintenance resources, and on-line internal use programs for training or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to be a member of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has the following qualifications to join:
- You need to have a strong track record as a consulting professional working on your own in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year record of successful contracting projects or you must have an active customer base for whom you currently deliver continuing consulting activity.
- You need to demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of concentration, including having an extensive work-related record and excellent referrals, and possess current vendor and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You have to be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You must have excellent inter-personal skills and know how to work efficiently by yourself or as part of a group.
- You must know how to articulate proper expectations to clients and fellow Progent team members and you have to know how evaluate jobs, create task plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Network Consultants
Progent's business climate will make you a more capable consultant by improving your information technology knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the best consulting experts for you to operate with, offering an advanced system infrastructure, running custom application tools to enable the highest quality of service, and by optimizing our business structures for finding and keeping clients.
The main factor that distinguishes us from typical network support companies is the high caliber of our consulting team. Out of the scores of consultants who have joined us, we have recruited the best expertise covering a wide range of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other vital technologies, we deploy experts who can enable you to be successful on larger projects by combining the collective experience of our group of professionals.
To promote the productivity of Progent's team, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful technology to do the job efficiently. We will leverage information technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office environment allows seamless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent consultants — all from home-based or mobile offices. You don’t throw away time or lose revenue because of daily drives to a conventional office building, and any travel you do for on-site client work is determined by your schedule, not Progent's. The best benefit is that most of Progent's consulting work can be done off-site, offering 100% productivity for billable time. In fact, some Progent staff do remote support exclusively.
Progent's business structure is geared towards reacting rapidly and efficiently to customer needs via information sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Even though Progent's engineers operate with a high level of independence, dispatching is unified, client issues and solutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and archived for convenient reference, up-to-date consultant availability is published to facilitate group tasks and enable problem escalation, and client satisfaction is always monitored. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation through periodic workgroup meetings and regular company-wide events.
Most of Progent's consultants are situated across California, however Progent is attracting a quickly growing group of network professionals from across America. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional boundaries that limit the efficiency of traditional company structures. We enhance the deal by offering a comprehensive employee care plan to promote the health and financial welfare of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, our sales and administration teams live up to the excellence that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progent’s success are helping us to identify and sign up the scores of new clients we are now engaging each month. We recently marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales operation.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with us. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a continual series of network challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Clients choose consultants to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative projects, leading-edge deployments, vexing or chronic issues, and tricky migrations are the basis for our services every day. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for computer professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every day excited about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by establishing close client relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused organization through and through. If you do not have excellent communications skills or like working with a varied group of people, then Progent is probably not a good match.
If all this sounds good to you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully architected and executed information system is a crucial factor for enabling any firm's growth, and Progent applies this philosophy in our corporate network environment. We have built a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's staff engineers and certified contractors to offer rapid and effective service, cooperate easily on sophisticated projects, and experience professional and personal maturity by being a member of a dynamic business ethos of personal drive and freedom.