One of the top computer consultant companies for business networks, Progent maintains a large team of certified support professionals who focus on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP solutions
- System security expertise
- Advanced network architecture
- Off-site IT support and system administration
Progent's Experts Team, which includes independent experts premier and coordinated by Progent, provides highly specialized knowledge covering a wide range of key software applications and networking solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web application development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and DBA help
- Office Access application development, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 individual and group training
Creative models for attracting clients, delivering service, establishing a dynamic working environment, and providing highly competitive compensation and benefits have allowed us to be one of the fastest growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the U.S. and to build a worldwide organization for providing online network expertise. If you are an accredited computer technician or network consultant with an orientation towards a client success and excellent communication skills, consultants should consider Progent an opportunity for increasing your technical knowledge, living a more independent lifestyle, and achieving financial success.
Learn More Details Concerning Jobs at Progent
Check out these pages to learn additional details about Progent's job openings, business philosophy, operational environment, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Positions at Progent
Progent is hiring a range of on-staff employees including experienced Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network engineers; network experts who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant system design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability systems, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent is also seeking workstation support experts, remote service professionals, and CISA or CISM certified security professionals. Progent is also looking for veteran managers who can perform effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Find out additional information about full-time consulting positions at Progent by going to Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Freelance Work at Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants who have in-depth expertise and field experience in important information technology topics outside Progent's main technical concentration. Progent's Experts Group hires freelance consultants who offer advice and programming services for line-of-business applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess specialized expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide expert help in technologies such as telecommunications, web site development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle DBM programming and management. Freelance consultants premier by Progent cooperate with our full-time engineers to provide end-to-end IT services for small and midsize company networks. If you want to learn additional details concerning contract jobs with our Experts Team, visit Contracting Work at Progent.
Ways That We Are Exceptional
We have been able to attract the best consulting experts by being different. With an innovative blend of enterprising drive, insistence on client success, use of advanced technology, plus an independent business structure that allows for life-style options for Progent's team members, Progent creates a stimulating setting for select individuals who posses a drive for quickly enhancing their professional skills to deliver concrete benefits for a range of organizations and technical environments. Find out additional details concerning reasons we are unique by visiting Ways That Progent Is Different.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office model uses sophisticated technical tools that allow off-site access, wireless communication, convenient access to Progent's support databases, and close collaboration with mobile team members to allow you to solve challenging IT issues. Our virtual office structure allows consultants to concentrate on delivering IT solutions instead of dealing with commutes and helps consultants establish lasting customer relationships by permitting you to provide fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. In order to find out more details concerning Progent's virtual office network, refer to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is wholly determined by the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the option of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to work at an easy pace, using Progent's flexible structure to make time for personal pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to make considerable income by hard work and lots of hours. Progent also provides comprehensive family health coverage as well as numerous other benefits. Find out additional details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefits by going to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Employment at Progent FAQs
To see answers to popular questions concerning becoming employed by Progent, see Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Here is a description of some current job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a range of small and midsize businesses to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Support Expert Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small organizations manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Jobs
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Exchange planning and deployment projects. The right applicant should be a technical consultant with expertise in Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This position calls for experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Details about Senior Exchange Expert Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive selection of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
More information about Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating key components of service proposals which align Progent's deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining strong relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving technology
If you wish to apply for any job listed above, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to copy the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Jobs at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco certified network consultants who have CCIE credentials; security professionals who have CISM or comparable security credentials; and high-end network architecture consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, fault tolerance, workplace recovery, information preservation, and VMware. Progent also is looking for professionals who can join Progent's staff of helpdesk support specialists and remote troubleshooting experts. Also, Progent is hiring talented managers who can operate effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated professionals, providing attentive client care, and offering a competitive results-based pricing structure, We have been able to expand our client list rapidly while providing consulting support to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common information database, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a skilled staff and a loyal client list.
If you are a network professional with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or helping our customers can enhance your skills via cooperation with our staff of mutually supportive, expert consultants. Progent's commitment to providing network consulting and technical help to small and midsize companies will offer you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with key players and add significantly to the growth of exciting companies.
Progent is looking for consultants that have verifiable credentials in their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco consultants, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security credentials. Naturally, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Still, the fact that a credential does not ensure expertise is no excuse for not earning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of these tests should be no great difficulty. The point is that if you are a professional, then customers deserve to see credentials. Progent will broadcast your talents, but you must provide basic credentials for Progent to work with. If you happen to be strongly opposed to the concept of certifications, we can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are likely not a good fit.
Freelance Work for premier Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, our consulting professionals have offered low-cost and successful computer support expertise for companies in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared technical database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a strong consulting group and quickly expand a satisfied client base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer customers the services of specialized computer consulting professionals who have advanced knowledge and field background in key technologies outside of Progent's core concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are often independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by us to collaborate with our in-house consultants to deliver comprehensive, world-class network solutions to small businesses. We are continually expanding the Experts Team in order to address the particular needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Team now provides support in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Support for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Strategic and specialized application help
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom program design and integration
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal design and deployment
- SQL support and efficiency help
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecom systems consulting
Benefits of being a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you can benefit from the impact of Progent's dramatic expansion and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated professionals, offering attentive customer care, and following a strong, value-oriented pricing model, we have quadrupled our clientele over the past few years and Progent currently provides consulting services to hundreds of companies in and across the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing staff handles all aspects of promoting your services and areas of knowledge into our quickly growing customer base, so you expend less time signing up clients and extra time generating revenue.
- We will facilitate communications between you and our key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who are the gateway to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Our selling and administration staffs will take care of the entire sales and contracting cycle, from opportunity generation, project qualification, client needs description, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire focus stays with delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including professional conference locations in the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast knowledge base, processes based on leading practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the shared expertise from one of 's largest pool of experienced network engineers.
- Progent will share special benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, web connections to special vendor support utilities and technical support resources, and downloadable in-house use software for training and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to become a member of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have the following qualifications for membership:
- You need to show a strong background as a consulting professional operating independently in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year record of completed consulting projects or you must have your own active client base for which you currently provide ongoing consulting services.
- You must demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of concentration, which includes having an extensive task-relevant record and excellent references, and have current manufacturer or industry professional certifications.
- You have to know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You must have excellent people skills and be able to operate efficiently alone or as part of a group.
- You must be able to communicate proper expectations to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you must be able scope out projects, produce project plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Network Engineers
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a better professional by improving your information technology knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the best consulting experts for you to operate with, offering an advanced network and communications infrastructure, running specialized software utilities to deliver the highest quality of service, and by optimizing proven business models for finding and keeping customers.
The main factor that differentiates us from typical consulting firms is the excellence of our consultants. Among the scores of consultants who have joined us, we have assembled top expertise covering a broad array of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux, server virtualization, or other crucial areas, we engage professionals who can help you to be effective on larger jobs by combining the collective skills of our team of professionals.
To ensure the success of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in providing the best technology to do the work properly. We will exploit information technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables effortless connectivity, collaboration, and information exchange with other Progent team members — entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose income with regular drives to a physical office building, and any driving you do for on-site customer jobs is determined by your own time table, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that much of Progent's consulting services can be performed off-site, representing 100% efficiency for billable time. In fact, some of our team members do remote consulting only.
Our business structure is set up for reacting quickly and effectively to client requirements via knowledge sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Although our consultants work with a high level of independence, resource allocation is centralized, customer issues and solutions are carefully monitored, documented, and organized for easy retrieval, up-to-date consultant schedules are published to streamline group projects and simplify trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is always monitored. We reinforce the feeling of connection through periodic workgroup conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of our team is located across California, however Progent is attracting a rapidly growing group of network professionals from across the United States. Our virtual office environment eliminates regional obstacles that restrict the productivity of traditional company models. We enhance the package by offering a full employee care program to ensure the physical health and financial welfare of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and administration groups live up to the excellence that characterizes Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progent’s success are enabling us to target and land the 50-60 new customers we are now acquiring each month. We lately marked the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective marketing organization.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a key for success with us. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of network challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Clients rely on consulting firms to perform the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, advanced deployments, puzzling or chronic issues, and tricky migrations are the foundation for our services every day. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for network engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some great people, both by establishing close client contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their success. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused organization through and through. If you don’t offer excellent people skills or like cooperating with a varied group of people, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good match.
If all this sounds good to you, we invite you to contact Progent about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well architected and implemented network is a crucial piece for enabling a firm's growth, and we follow this credo in our own system infrastructure. We have built a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that enables our in-house engineers and authorized contractors to offer rapid and efficient service, collaborate easily on sophisticated jobs, and gain from career and personal growth from being a member of an exciting business ethos of self motivation and freedom.