One of America's premier IT consulting companies for business networks, Progent maintains a large team of certified support professionals who focus on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP products
- Network security expertise
- Advanced network architecture
- Off-site IT support and network administration
Our Experts Team, which contracts independent experts premier and coordinated by Progent, provides highly specialized knowledge covering a broad range of key software areas and network solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- BI consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web application software design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and management consulting
- Microsoft Access database development, enhancement and training
- Office and Office 365 online training
Creative structures for acquiring customers, providing support, maintaining an efficient working environment, and offering highly competitive compensation have enabled us to become among the fastest expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in America and to build a worldwide presence for providing online IT assistance. If you are an accredited computer technician or information technology consultant with an orientation towards a customer success and excellent communication skills, consultants will find in Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional skills, developing a more rewarding career, and achieving financial success.
Find Out Additional Details About Jobs at Progent
Follow these pages to learn additional details about our work openings, company culture, work environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Positions at Progent
We are seeking a range of on-staff professionals including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE computer engineers; connectivity experts who have Cisco credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant system architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, non-stop systems, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also looking for workstation support experts, off-site service specialists, and CISSP accredited security engineers. We are also looking for experienced managers and administrators who can operate efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Find out additional details concerning full-time professional services work at Progent by referring to Full-time Positions at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants who have proven expertise and hands-on background in crucial IT areas beyond our primary service focus. Progent's Experts Team hires freelance consultants who offer consulting and development support for strategic applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have specialized knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer expert help in areas such as telecom, web site development, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and administration. Freelance contractors premier by Progent cooperate with our in-house engineers to provide comprehensive IT services for small and midsize company networks. In order to learn more details concerning contracting opportunities with Progent's Experts Team, see Contract Jobs with Progent.
Ways That We Are Unique
Progent has been able to attract the best consulting experts by being unique. With a powerful blend of entrepreneurial drive, dedication to client satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technology, plus a flexible work structure that accommodates life-style choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic environment for select consultants who posses a drive for rapidly improving their technical abilities to create real-world solutions for a range of organizations and technical environments. Learn more information about reasons Progent is different by visiting Ways That Progent Is Unique.
Our Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office environment uses sophisticated technical tools that allow off-site access, wireless connectivity, easy availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with talented team members to allow you to solve challenging IT issues. Progent's virtual office setting frees you to concentrate on delivering IT solutions instead of dealing with commutes and lets consultants establish lasting customer relationships by permitting you to provide fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn more information about our virtual office work environment, go to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is entirely determined by what you generate. Consultants have the choice of focusing on life style and electing to consult at an easy pace, using Progent's versatile schedule to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to make significant money through persistent effort and long consulting time. Progent also provides comprehensive family health coverage as well as numerous other benefits. Find out additional details about Progent's compensation and benefit packages by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Consulting at Progent FAQs
To see answers to common enquiries about becoming employed by Progent, go to Jobs at Progent FAQs.
This is a list of our available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a range of small and midsize businesses to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Support Expert Positions
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small businesses maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Senior Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange design and deployment projects. The right candidate should be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This position demands experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
More information about Sr. Exchange Expert Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive selection of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
More information about Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating crucial components of consulting propositions that associate Progent's services with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually evolving IT technology
If you wish to enquire about any opening listed above, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the job codes of the jobs of interest.
Additional Facts About Opportunities with Us
Staff Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Professionals
Progent wants to hire fulltime, results-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE credentials; Cisco certified system engineers who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security consultants with CISM or comparable security credentials; and advanced system design experts with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high availability, workplace recovery, data protection, and VMware. Progent also is looking for employees who can join Progent's staff of helpdesk service technicians and off-site troubleshooting professionals. Also, We are hiring talented administrators able to perform productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and motivated consultants, delivering attentive client care, and offering a competitive results-based fee structure, Progent has managed to expand our client list rapidly while providing professional services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared information base, and a group strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a skilled staff and a loyal customer base.
If you are a network consultant with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or helping our customers will enhance your knowledge via cooperation with our staff of mutually supportive, talented engineers. Progent's focus on delivering information technology consulting and computer support to small and midsize organizations will give you the chance to collaborate closely with key players and add significantly to the success of dynamic companies.
Progent is hiring consultants who can show verifiable credentials in their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco consultants, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or one of the other top security certifications. Naturally, we are familiar with "paper experts". Notwithstanding, simply because a credential does not ensure excellence is no reason for not having one. If you know your field, then most of those tests should pose no great difficulty. The point is that if you call yourself an expert, then clients expect certifications. Progent can market your skills, but you need to provide standard certifications for us to work with. In case you are adamantly against the concept of credentials, Progent can understand and honor your position, but you are likely not a good fit.
Freelance Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, our information technology engineers have offered affordable and successful computer consulting expertise for businesses in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common technical knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have helped Progent to retain a talented in-house team and quickly expand a loyal client base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide clients the services of expert computer consulting professionals who have in-depth knowledge and work background in key areas outside of Progent's core concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are often freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by us to work closely with our in-house engineers to deliver comprehensive, world-class network services to small businesses. Progent is continually enhancing our Experts Group to address the particular needs of our clients.
Our Experts Group now provides support in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Mission-critical and vertical program help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Custom applications development and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and client information portal development and integration
- SQL support and efficiency help
- Management information expertise
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Benefits of being part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you can leverage the impact of Progent's explosive expansion and top-notch recognition in the industry. By having a group of talented and committed professionals, offering attentive customer support, and practicing a strong, ROI-focused billing model, Progent has multiplied our customer base over the past few years and Progent currently delivers consulting support to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing staff handles all aspects of marketing your skills and areas of knowledge into our quickly expanding customer base, so you spend less effort finding customers and extra time making revenue.
- We will facilitate communications between you and our key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who act as the gateway to the influential managers among our customers.
- Progent's selling and administration groups will take care of the entire sales and engagement cycle, from lead generation, job qualification, customer requirements definition, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire focus stays with providing high-level consulting service.
- We will gives you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient conference locations in the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast database, procedures based on leading practices, library of professional publications, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced network professionals.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, web connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and product support resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for training or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to become a member of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has these requirements for membership:
- You should show a proven background as a consulting professional operating independently in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year history of successful consulting projects and/or have your own active customer base for which you now provide ongoing consulting activity.
- You need to show that you have expertise in your area of concentration, which includes showing a long work-related record and strong referrals, and possess current manufacturer or industry professional certifications.
- You must know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You must have excellent people skills and understand how to operate effectively by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You must know how to communicate realistic goals to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you should be able analyze jobs, produce project plans, and define realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a more capable consultant by enhancing your information technology knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the best consulting talent for you to work with, providing an advanced system architecture, running specialized application utilities to enable the highest level of service, and by optimizing our operational structures for finding and keeping customers.
The decisive factor that distinguishes Progent from typical consulting firms is the high quality of our service staff. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have joined us, we have assembled the best talent covering a wide range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux, server virtualization, or other key technologies, we engage experts who can help you to be successful on larger projects by leveraging the aggregate experience of our team of experts.
To promote the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in making available the best technology to do the job efficiently. Progent will exploit information technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables seamless communications, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with other Progent consultants — entirely from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose revenue because of daily drives to a physical office building, and any driving you do for in-person customer jobs is determined by your schedule, not Progent's. The best part is that most of our consulting services can be performed remotely, representing 100% productivity for income-producing time. In practice, some Progent staff do off-site support only.
Our business structure is set up for reacting quickly and effectively to client needs through information sharing and collaborative problem solving. Even though our consultants operate with a great deal of independence, dispatching is centralized, customer issues and resolutions are carefully tracked, documented, and organized for convenient reference, current engineer schedules are published to streamline group projects and simplify trouble escalation, and customer approval is continually evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of connection via monthly team meetings and quarterly corporate events.
Most of Progent's team is situated throughout California, but we are attracting a quickly growing group of consulting experts throughout America. Progent's virtual office environment does away with regional obstacles that limit the efficiency of traditional business models. We complete the deal by offering a comprehensive employee care program to promote the physical health and financial security of our employees and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, Progent's marketing and operations teams live up to the excellence that defines Progent. These high-performance contributors to our growth are enabling us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are currently acquiring every month. We recently marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong marketing operation.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a steady series of network challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Customers choose a consultant to do the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, advanced implementations, puzzling or chronic issues, and tricky migrations are the basis for what we do daily. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for computer engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every morning excited about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by building strong customer relationships and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization through and through. If you do not have excellent communications skills or like cooperating with a diverse group of people, then we are probably a poor fit.
If this sounds good to you, we invite you to contact us about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well architected and implemented network can be a pivotal factor for accelerating a firm's success, and we follow this philosophy in our own network infrastructure. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office network that enables Progent's staff engineers and authorized contractors to offer rapid and efficient service, cooperate closely on complex projects, and experience professional and personal maturity from being part of an exciting business ethos of self motivation and freedom.