One of the premier computer consultant companies for business networks, Progent manages a large staff of talented support professionals who concentrate on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP products
- Enterprise security analysis
- Sophisticated system architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and network administration
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts independent consultants certified and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally refined knowledge covering a broad range of vital business applications and network technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web application development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and management help
- Microsoft Access application development, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 consulting
Innovative models for finding clients, providing support, nurturing a dynamic working environment, and providing generous profit sharing have enabled Progent to be one of the most rapidly expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the U.S. and to establish an international presence for providing remote network assistance. If you are a certified computer technician or network expert with an orientation towards a client success and strong people skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent an opportunity for enhancing your technical knowledge, developing a more independent lifestyle, and achieving financial success.
Learn Additional Details Concerning Jobs with Progent
Follow these pages to learn additional information concerning Progent's work openings, business philosophy, operational environment, compensation structure, and benefits:
Consulting Work at Progent
We are seeking a range of full-time workers including motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network engineers; network consultants with Cisco CCIE certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant network design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop systems, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. We are also seeking desktop support technicians, off-site service professionals, and CISA or CISM certified security consultants. We are also seeking veteran managers and administrators able to operate efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office model. Find out additional details concerning full-time professional services positions at Progent by visiting Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities at Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals with in-depth expertise and hands-on background in high-demand information technology areas outside Progent's main technical concentration. Our Experts Team hires contractors who offer consulting and development services for strategic solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess deep knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer expert help in areas such as telecom, web design, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and management. Freelance consultants premier by Progent coordinate with our in-house consultants to provide end-to-end IT services for small and midsize company networks. If you want to learn more details concerning contract opportunities with Progent's Experts Team, refer to Freelance Jobs at Progent.
Reasons That We Are Different
We have managed to attract the best professional talent by being unique. With an innovative mix of entrepreneurial spirit, insistence on customer success, use of state-of-the-art technology, plus a flexible business structure that allows for quality-of-life choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating setting for select individuals who posses a desire for rapidly improving their technical skills to create concrete benefits for a range of organizations and network environments. Find out more information about ways that we are different by going to Reasons That Progent Is Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office model incorporates advanced technologies that enable off-site access, wireless communication, convenient availability of Progent's support databases, and instant collaboration with mobile team members to help you to deal with challenging IT issues. Our virtual office environment allows consultants to focus on delivering IT solutions instead of dealing with traffic and helps you nurture lasting customer relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, effective, and affordable solutions. If you want to find out more details concerning our virtual office network, see Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is wholly tied to what you generate. Consultants have the choice of focusing on life style and choosing to consult at an easy pace, using our flexible structure to follow individual pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to make considerable money by persistent work and lots of hours. Progent also offers complete family health care insurance plus many other benefits. Learn more concerning Progent's compensation and benefit programs by referring to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers
To see answers to common enquiries about becoming employed by Progent, refer to Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
The following is a list of Progent's present job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the to help a range of small and midsize organizations to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small businesses manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The right candidate should be a technical consultant with expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This role demands a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these platforms.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's extensive selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
Details about Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining crucial components of engagement propositions which tie our services with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving technology
If you want to ask about any job shown above, you should send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
More Information Concerning Work at Progent
Career Work for Network Engineers, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Help Professionals
Progent wants to hire fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited network engineers with Cisco CCIE credentials; security professionals who have CISM or comparable security certification; and advanced system architecture consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, high uptime, business continuity, information protection, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks professionals who can join Progent's team of help desk service technicians and off-site troubleshooting professionals. In addition, We are hiring talented managers who can perform productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of skilled and motivated consultants, providing attentive customer services, and offering a competitive value-based fee model, We have been able to expand our customer list dramatically while providing consulting services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared knowledge base, and a team strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a loyal client base.
If you are a network professional with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's clients can expand your knowledge through cooperation with our staff of highly supportive, expert engineers. Our commitment to providing information technology consulting and technical support to small companies will give you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the growth of dynamic businesses.
We are hiring technical professionals who have verifiable certification related to their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. In the case of Cisco consultants, show us your CCIE or CCNP credential. For network security, you should have you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security credentials. Naturally, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, the fact that a credential does not guarantee excellence is no reason for not earning one. If you know your stuff, then most of these tests should present no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients deserve to see credentials. Progent will promote your skills, but you must have standard certifications for Progent to market. In case you happen to be strongly against the concept of credentials, we can understand and respect your position, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Contract Work for premier Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, our computer engineers have offered low-cost and successful computer consulting services for companies in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common support knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have helped us to build a strong in-house team and quickly grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Group is our way to offer clients the services of specialized information technology consulting professionals who have advanced knowledge and field experience in key technologies outside of Progent's primary concentration in system support and security. Experts Group members are typically independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by Progent to collaborate with our staff engineers to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small businesses. Progent is always enhancing our Experts Group in order to meet the particular requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Group currently provides support in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Line-of-business and specialized application help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom program design and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal development and deployment
- DBM support and efficiency consulting
- Business information consulting
- Telecom architecture support
Advantages of being part of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to benefit from the impact of our dramatic expansion and top-notch recognition in the market. By having a group of talented and committed professionals, offering excellent customer care, and practicing a strong, value-oriented pricing model, we have multiplied our clientele during the past several years and Progent now provides consulting services to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing team handles all aspects of marketing your skills and areas of knowledge into our quickly expanding customer base, so you spend less time signing up customers and more time generating revenue.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who are the gateway to the key executives among our customers.
- Our sales and administration staffs will take care of the entire selling and contracting cycle, from lead identification, project qualification, client requirements definition, skills matching, project analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility stays with providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will provide you connections to our advanced virtual office environment, including professional conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, plus data and voice access throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to our extensive database, processes based on industry best practices, library of professional documents, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced consulting professionals.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line access to special vendor troubleshooting tools and technical maintenance resources, and on-line internal use software for training and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to become a member of our Experts Group, but we do have the following requirements for membership:
- You should have a strong background as a consultant working on your own in your field of expertise, including at least a two year history of completed contracting projects or you must have your own active customer base to which you currently deliver ongoing consulting services.
- You have to demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of concentration, which includes having an extensive task-relevant history and excellent references, and possess current manufacturer and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You need to be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You should have excellent communications skills and know how to work effectively alone or as part of a team.
- You need to know how to articulate realistic expectations to clients and other Progent consultants and you have to know how scope out tasks, produce task plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a better consultant by improving your information technology skills and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the best professional talent for you to operate with, providing an advanced system infrastructure, using custom application utilities to deliver the highest level of support, and by streamlining our operational models for attracting and retaining customers.
The most important factor that distinguishes us from ordinary network support firms is the quality of our support professionals. Among the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled the best talent covering a wide array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other vital application, we deploy professionals who can help you to be successful on larger jobs by leveraging the aggregate experience of Progent's team of professionals.
To promote the productivity of our consultants, we invest significantly in making available the best tools to perform the job efficiently. We will leverage information technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows effortless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent team members — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue with regular drives to a physical office building, and any driving you do for in-person customer jobs is based on your own time table, not ours. The best part is that much of our support services can be performed remotely, representing maximum efficiency for billable hours. In fact, some of our staff do remote consulting exclusively.
Our business structure is set up for responding quickly and efficiently to client requirements via information exchange and cooperative problem solving. Although our consultants work with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is centralized, client problems and resolutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and archived for convenient reference, current engineer schedules are published to facilitate team tasks and enable trouble escalation, and customer approval is continually monitored. We reinforce the feeling of connection via periodic workgroup conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's team is situated across California, however we are building a rapidly growing team of consulting professionals throughout the United States. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional boundaries that limit the productivity of conventional business models. We complete the deal by offering a comprehensive employee care plan to ensure the physical health and economic security of our team members and their families.
Just as we have awesome consultants, our marketing and operations teams match the high standards that characterizes Progent. These top-notch contributors to our success are enabling us to identify and land the scores of new customers we are currently engaging every month. Progent recently celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing organization.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a key for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of technical challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Customers choose consulting firms to do the “hard stuff.” Innovative projects, leading-edge deployments, vexing or entrenched issues, and tricky migrations are the foundation for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for network engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will work with some great people, both by establishing close client relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused organization from top to bottom. If you do not have excellent people skills or enjoy working with a varied group of people, then we are probably a poor match.
If this sounds good to you, we invite you to talk to us about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well designed and executed information system is a pivotal factor for accelerating a firm's growth, and Progent applies this belief in our own system infrastructure. Progent has created a zero-downtime virtual office network that enables our in-house consultants and certified contractors to offer rapid and effective support, cooperate closely on complex jobs, and experience career and personal maturity by being part of a dynamic business ethos of personal drive and freedom.