One of America's premiere computer consulting companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a full-time team of certified support professionals who focus on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- System security analysis
- Advanced connectivity infrastructures
- Remote IT support and network administration
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts independent consultants certified and managed by Progent, offers highly specialized skills in a wide variety of vital business areas and networking solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- BI consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based app design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database application programming, migration and training
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Creative structures for finding customers, providing support, nurturing a dynamic working environment, and providing generous compensation have allowed Progent to become among the most rapidly growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the U.S. and to establish an international organization for providing remote network support. If you are a certified IT technician or information technology expert with a focus on a customer success and excellent people skills, you will discover Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional skills, developing a more independent lifestyle, and achieving economic success.
Learn More Details Concerning Working at Progent
Check out these pages to learn additional information about Progent's work openings, company culture, operational environment, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Full-time Positions at Progent
We are looking for a range of on-staff employees such as motivated Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer consultants; network consultants who have Cisco CCIE credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant network design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability environments, business continuity planning, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also hiring workstation support technicians, off-site service specialists, and CISM or CISSP certified security consultants. We are also seeking veteran managers who can operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out additional details concerning staff consulting jobs at Progent by visiting Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Freelance Work with Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants who have specialized knowledge and working experience in crucial information technology topics outside our primary technical concentration. Progent's Experts Team hires independent consultants who can provide advice and programming services for strategic solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have specialized knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or can provide expert help in technologies such as telecommunications, web site development, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM development and management. Independent contractors certified by us cooperate with our staff engineers to provide comprehensive solutions for small business networks. To learn more information concerning contract work with our Experts Team, see Contracting Jobs with Progent.
Reasons That We Are Exceptional
Progent has managed to recruit the best professional experts by being different. Providing an innovative blend of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to customer success, utilization of advanced technology, and an independent work structure that accommodates life-style options for Progent's team members, Progent offers a dynamic culture for select individuals who have a drive for rapidly improving their professional skills to create real-world solutions for a variety of businesses and network environments. Learn additional details about ways that Progent is exceptional by going to How We Are Unique.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office environment uses state-of-the-art technologies that support off-site support, wireless connectivity, easy availability of Progent's support databases, and close collaboration with talented team members to allow you to resolve challenging network issues. Progent's virtual office network allows consultants to concentrate on providing IT solutions rather than fighting traffic and lets you establish lasting client relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. To learn additional information concerning our virtual office infrastructure, see Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is directly based on the revenue you contribute. You have the option of concentrating on life style and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, using our flexible structure to make time for individual pursuits, or you can choose to make significant income through persistent work and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers comprehensive family health coverage as well as numerous additional benefits. Learn additional details concerning Progent's compensation and benefits by going to Our Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For answers to common questions about being employed by Progent, visit Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
The following is a list of Progent's available job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant -
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a range of small and midsize businesses to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Job
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Job
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small organizations maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Positions
Sr. Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The ideal applicant would be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This position would require experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these platforms.
Details on Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Producing and explaining key elements of consulting proposals that align Progent's deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining good relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving technology
Specifics on Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to apply for any opening listed above, please send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please copy the code numbers of the positions of interest.
Details Concerning Jobs at Progent
Staff Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, results-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE credentials; Cisco certified network consultants who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security professionals with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security credentials; and high-end system design experts with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, fault tolerance, workplace recovery, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks professionals who can join our team of helpdesk service technicians and off-site support professionals. Also, We are looking for talented managers who can perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of skilled and motivated professionals, delivering attentive client care, and following a competitive value-focused fee model, Progent has managed to expand our customer list rapidly while providing consulting support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common information base, and a group approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a talented staff and a loyal customer list.
For an information technology professional with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or helping Progent's clients will enhance your skills through interaction with our staff of highly team-oriented, talented engineers. Our commitment to delivering network consulting and computer support to small and midsize organizations will give you the opportunity to collaborate closely with decision makers and add appreciably to the success of exciting businesses.
Progent is looking for technical professionals who can show recognized certification in their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. In the case of Cisco professionals, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or one of the other leading security certifications. Of course, Progent is aware of "paper experts". However, the fact that a certificate can not guarantee expertise is no excuse for not earning one. If you know your field, then the majority of those certifications should present no challenge. The point is that if you call yourself an expert, then clients expect credentials. We will promote your skills, but you need to provide a baseline of credentials for us to market. In case you happen to be strongly against the concept of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Work for premier Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, our consulting professionals have offered affordable and successful network support services for companies in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common support database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have enabled Progent to retain a talented staff and dramatically expand a loyal customer base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer customers the help of expert computer consulting engineers who have in-depth knowledge and work background in key technologies beyond our primary concentration in network support and security. Experts Team members are often independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by Progent to collaborate with Progent's staff consultants to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small businesses. We are continually expanding the Experts Group in order to address the special needs of our clients.
Our Experts Group currently offers support in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Line-of-business and vertical application help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom applications design and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal design and integration
- SQL management and efficiency consulting
- Management information consulting
- Telecom systems support
Advantages of becoming a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you can benefit from the momentum of Progent's explosive expansion and top-notch recognition in the market. By maintaining a group of skilled and committed consultants, offering excellent client support, and practicing a strong, value-oriented billing structure, we have multiplied our clientele over the last few years and Progent now provides professoinal services to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing team takes care of all facets of marketing your skills and areas of knowledge into our quickly expanding customer base, so you expend less effort signing up customers and extra time making money.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and Progent's core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who are the gateway to the key executives among our customers.
- Progent's selling and administration groups will manage the complete sales and contracting process, from lead generation, job qualification, customer requirements description, skills matching, project analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility stays with delivering high-level consulting service.
- Progent will gives you access to our sophisticated virtual office environment, including professional conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, and data and voice connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast database, processes based on leading practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest pool of expert network professionals.
- Progent will share special benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, on-line connections to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and product maintenance resources, and on-line internal use software for education or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to be part of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has strict requirements for membership:
- You need to have a proven background as a consultant operating independently in your area of expertise, including at least a two year record of successful consulting jobs and/or have your own active client base to which you now provide ongoing support activity.
- You must show that you have expertise in your area of concentration, including having a long work-related record and excellent referrals, and possess current manufacturer and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You have to be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You must have strong inter-personal skills and know how to operate efficiently alone or as a member of a group.
- You must be able to explain proper expectations to clients and fellow Progent team members and you should know how evaluate projects, create task plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Network Engineers
Progent's business climate will make you a better consultant by enhancing your information technology knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the best consulting experts for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art system architecture, running proprietary software tools to enable the highest level of support, and by streamlining proven business models for finding and retaining customers.
The most important factor that distinguishes us from typical network support firms is the quality of our consultants. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have assembled top expertise covering a wide range of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other key technologies, we deploy experts who can enable you to be effective on larger jobs by combining the aggregate skills of our team of professionals.
To ensure the success of Progent's team, we invest heavily in making available the best tools to do the work properly. Progent will leverage technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows seamless communications, collaboration, and information sharing with other Progent team members — entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t waste time or forfeit income because of daily commutes to a conventional office building, and any driving you do for on-site customer work is determined by your own time table, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that much of Progent's support work can be performed off-site, representing 100% productivity for income-producing hours. In practice, some of our staff do off-site consulting only.
Progent's business structure is geared towards reacting quickly and efficiently to customer requirements through knowledge exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Even though Progent's consultants work with a great deal of independence, dispatching is centralized, client issues and resolutions are carefully tracked, documented, and archived for convenient retrieval, up-to-date consultant availability is published to facilitate group projects and simplify trouble escalation, and client approval is always monitored. We reinforce the sense of connection through monthly team conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of our consultants are located throughout California, but we are building a rapidly growing group of network experts from across the U.S. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional obstacles that restrict the productivity of traditional company structures. We complete the package by offering a full benefit program to promote the physical health and financial security of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, our marketing and administration groups match the high standards that characterizes Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progent’s success are enabling us to target and sign up the scores of new customers we are currently acquiring every month. Progent lately marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing organization.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with us. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of network challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Customers rely on consulting firms to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative projects, advanced implementations, vexing or chronic issues, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for our services every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for computer engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will meet some great people, both by building strong customer relationships and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused organization through and through. If you don’t offer strong people skills or enjoy working with a diverse group of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor fit.
If this sounds good to you, we invite you to contact Progent about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully architected and executed information system can be a pivotal factor for accelerating a company's growth, and Progent follows this credo in our own network infrastructure. We have built a non-stop virtual office network that enables Progent's in-house engineers and certified contractors to deliver fast and efficient service, collaborate closely on complex projects, and gain from professional and personal growth by acting as part of an exciting business ethos of personal drive and freedom.