Among the premier network consultant firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a large team of certified service experts who concentrate on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP products
- Network security analysis
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and network management
Progent's Experts Team, which includes independent experts premier and managed by Progent, provides highly specialized skills covering a wide variety of key software areas and networking solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Business Intelligence expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based application design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database application programming, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Innovative models for attracting clients, delivering support, creating a dynamic working environment, and offering highly competitive compensation and benefits have enabled Progent to be among the fastest expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the United States and to build a worldwide organization for providing remote network expertise. If you are an accredited IT technician or network expert with a drive for a client service and excellent communication skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent a chance for enhancing your professional knowledge, living a more rewarding career, and achieving economic security.
Learn Additional Information About Working at Progent
Check out these pages to learn more details about Progent's work opportunities, business culture, operational conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
We are looking for a variety of full-time workers such as motivated Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer consultants; system experts with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and specialists in advanced system design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability systems, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and VMware technology. Progent is also hiring desktop support technicians, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA accredited security consultants. We are also looking for veteran managers and administrators able to operate efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out more details about full-time professional services jobs at Progent by referring to Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Contract Jobs with Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants who have specialized expertise and hands-on background in high-demand IT topics outside Progent's primary service focus. Our Experts Team includes freelance consultants who offer advice and programming support for line-of-business solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess specialized knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer expert skills in technologies such as telecom, web design, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle DBM development and management. Independent contractors premier by Progent coordinate with our full-time professionals to provide end-to-end IT services for small business networks. If you want to find out additional information concerning freelance opportunities with Progent's Experts Team, refer to Freelance Opportunities with Progent.
Ways That We Are Exceptional
Progent has managed to recruit the best professional talent by being different. With a powerful blend of entrepreneurial drive, dedication to customer satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus a flexible business structure that accommodates life-style choices for our team members, Progent creates a dynamic culture for select consultants who have a drive for quickly improving their professional abilities to create real-world solutions for a range of organizations and technical environments. Find out more details concerning how Progent is different by referring to How Progent Is Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office network incorporates sophisticated technical tools that allow remote access, wireless communication, easy access to our knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with talented team members to allow you to handle business-critical IT problems. Progent's virtual office model frees you to focus on delivering service rather than fighting traffic and helps consultants build lasting customer relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, effective, and affordable solutions. To learn additional information concerning our virtual office work environment, refer to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is wholly based on what you contribute. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on life style and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's flexible structure to make time for personal pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to earn significant money by hard effort and long consulting time. Progent also offers full family health care coverage plus many additional benefits. Find out more about Progent's compensation and benefit programs by going to Progent Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see answers to popular enquiries about being a consultant at Progent, refer to Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Here is a list of some current job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a range of small businesses to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Engineer Positions
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small businesses maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and implementation projects. The right candidate would be a computer consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This role would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's broad selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
More information on Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating crucial components of consulting propositions which associate our deliverables with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing IT technology
If you want to apply for any opening shown above, you should e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Please state the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
More Information Concerning Opportunities with Us
Staff Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Technicians
Progent wants to find full-time, results-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP certification; Cisco accredited system engineers who have Cisco CCIE credentials; security consultants with CISM or equivalent security certification; and high-end network architecture experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, information protection, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks employees to work on Progent's staff of help desk support specialists and remote troubleshooting experts. Also, We are looking for talented managers able to perform effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, delivering world-class client services, and offering a strong value-based pricing structure, Progent has managed to increase our customer base rapidly while providing consulting support to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common information base, and a group approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied client base.
For an information technology consultant with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's clients will enhance your knowledge through cooperation with Progent's staff of mutually supportive, expert consultants. Our commitment to providing network consulting and technical help to small and midsize organizations will offer you the opportunity to collaborate closely with key players and add significantly to the success of exciting companies.
Progent is hiring technical professionals that can show verifiable credentials related to their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco experts, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or one of the other top security credentials. Of course, Progent is aware of "paper experts". Nevertheless, simply because a credential can not guarantee expertise is no justification for not earning one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of those certifications should pose no challenge. The point is that if you are a professional, then customers deserve to see certifications. Progent will broadcast your skills, but you should have standard certifications for us to work with. If you happen to be strongly opposed to the concept of credentials, Progent can understand and honor your position, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, our computer professionals have provided affordable and effective computer consulting expertise for businesses in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared technical database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have enabled Progent to build a strong in-house team and quickly grow a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to offer customers the services of expert information technology support engineers who have advanced knowledge and field background in important areas outside of our core focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are typically independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by Progent to work closely with our in-house engineers to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small businesses. We are continually enhancing our Experts Team in order to address the particular requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Group currently provides consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Strategic and specialized program support
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Custom applications development and integration
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal design and integration
- Database support and efficiency help
- Management information consulting
- Telecommunications architecture support
Advantages of being a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to benefit from the momentum of Progent's dramatic expansion and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By maintaining a team of skilled and committed professionals, providing attentive customer care, and practicing a strong, ROI-focused billing model, Progent has multiplied our clientele during the last several years and Progent currently delivers professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in California and across the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing team takes care of all facets of promoting your services and technical knowledge into our rapidly expanding client base, so you spend less effort signing up clients and more time making money.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who are the gateway to the decision makers among our customers.
- Our selling and operations groups will manage the entire sales and engagement process, from opportunity identification, project approval, customer needs definition, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility is on providing high-level consulting expertise.
- We will provide you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, offering convenient meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm access throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our vast database, procedures based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the shared experience from one of 's largest pool of expert information technology professionals.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, web access to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for education or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to become a member of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have strict qualifications for membership:
- You must have a strong background as a consultant working on your own in your field of expertise, including at least a two year record of completed contracting jobs and/or have your own active customer base for whom you currently provide ongoing consulting services.
- You must demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of concentration, including showing an extensive work-related record and strong references, and have up-to-date manufacturer and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You must know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You should have excellent inter-personal skills and be able to operate successfully by yourself or as part of a group.
- You should be able to articulate proper expectations to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you need to be able evaluate jobs, create task plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's business climate will make you a better professional by enhancing your information technology skills and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the top professional experts for you to operate with, providing an advanced system architecture, running custom application utilities to enable the highest quality of support, and by streamlining proven business models for finding and retaining clients.
The decisive factor that differentiates us from other network support companies is the high caliber of our consultants. Among the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited top expertise covering a wide array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other vital technologies, we deploy experts who can enable you to be effective on major jobs by leveraging the aggregate experience of our team of experts.
To promote the productivity of our consultants, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful tools to do the work efficiently. We will exploit information technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables effortless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with other Progent consultants — entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t waste time or forfeit revenue because of regular drives to a conventional office building, and all driving you do for in-person customer work is based on your time table, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that much of Progent's support work can be done remotely, offering maximum productivity for income-producing hours. In fact, some of our staff do remote consulting only.
Progent's business structure is geared towards responding quickly and effectively to client requirements via knowledge sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Even though Progent's engineers operate with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is unified, customer problems and resolutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and archived for convenient reference, up-to-date consultant schedules are broadcast to streamline team tasks and enable problem escalation, and customer approval is always evaluated. We strengthen the sense of connection through periodic team conferences and regular corporate events.
The majority of Progent's team is located throughout California, but we are building a quickly growing team of consulting experts from across the U.S. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional obstacles that limit the productivity of conventional company models. We enhance the deal by providing a comprehensive employee care plan to ensure the physical health and financial welfare of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consultants, our marketing and administration groups live up to the high standards that characterizes Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progent’s success are enabling us to target and land the 50-60 new customers we are currently acquiring each month. Progent lately marked the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective sales operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with us. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a continual series of network challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Customers choose consulting firms to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative projects, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or chronic problems, and difficult upgrades are the basis for our services daily. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for network engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by establishing strong customer contacts and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented company from top to bottom. If you don’t offer excellent people skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied group of people, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good fit.
If this seems right for you, we invite you to talk to us about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully architected and executed information system is a pivotal factor for accelerating a company's success, and we apply this belief in our own system infrastructure. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows Progent's in-house engineers and authorized contractors to deliver fast and efficient service, collaborate closely on complex jobs, and gain from professional and personal growth by acting as part of an exciting business culture of personal drive and independence.