Among America's top IT consulting firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a large staff of talented service professionals who concentrate on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Network security consulting
- Advanced network architecture
- Remote IT support and network management
Our Experts Group, which contracts freelance consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, offers highly refined knowledge covering a wide range of critical software applications and network solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based app design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and management help
- Microsoft Access database application programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Creative models for attracting customers, delivering service, creating a dynamic company culture, and offering generous profit sharing have enabled us to become one of the fastest expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting companies in America and to build an international organization for delivering online IT support. If you are a certified computer technician or information technology consultant with a drive for a client service and strong people skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional skills, developing a more independent career, and achieving financial success.
Find Out More Information Concerning Jobs at Progent
Follow these links to learn more details about Progent's job openings, company philosophy, work environment, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Work at Progent
Progent is seeking a range of on-staff professionals such as experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer consultants; system experts with Cisco CCIE credentials; and specialists in advanced system design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability environments, business continuity planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also looking for workstation support technicians, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISM certified security professionals. We are also seeking veteran managers and administrators who can perform efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn additional information concerning full-time consulting positions at Progent by visiting Full-time Positions at Progent.
Contract Work at Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants with specialized knowledge and field experience in important information technology topics outside Progent's main service concentration. Progent's Experts Group includes independent consultants who can provide consulting and development support for strategic solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have in-depth knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer expert skills in technologies like telecom, web site development, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and administration. Independent consultants certified by Progent cooperate with Progent's in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end solutions for small and midsize business networks. In order to learn additional information concerning contracting work with our Experts Consulting Group, refer to Contract Work with Progent.
Ways That We Are Unique
We have managed to attract the top consulting experts by being unique. Providing an innovative mix of enterprising spirit, insistence on client success, use of advanced technology, and an independent work structure that allows for quality-of-life choices for our team members, Progent offers a dynamic culture for talented individuals who have a desire for rapidly enhancing their technical skills to create real-world solutions for a variety of organizations and network environments. Learn additional information concerning ways that we are different by visiting How We Are Unique.
Our Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office model uses sophisticated technical tools that allow remote support, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of our support databases, and instant collaboration with talented team members to help you to resolve business-critical network problems. Progent's virtual office network allows consultants to concentrate on providing service instead of fighting traffic and helps consultants nurture successful client relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To find out more details concerning our virtual office infrastructure, refer to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is directly based on what you generate. Consultants have the option of concentrating on life style and choosing to consult at an easy pace, using our versatile structure to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable money through persistent effort and long consulting time. Progent also provides full family health care coverage as well as numerous other benefits. Find out additional details concerning our compensation model and benefits by visiting Our Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see answers to common questions concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, go to Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Below is a list of some available job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert -
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to help a range of small and midsize businesses to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Job
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Support Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small organizations manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Senior Exchange Consultant - , Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The right candidate should be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This role demands a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these platforms.
Details on Sr. Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's broad portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and explaining key components of engagement proposals which align our services with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly evolving technology
Specifics on Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to ask about any job listed above, you should send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
More Information Concerning Jobs with Us
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, solutions-driven Microsoft certified consultants with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco accredited network consultants who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security consultants with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security certification; and advanced network architecture consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, service continuity, business continuity, data preservation, and VMware. Progent also seeks professionals who can work on Progent's staff of help desk service technicians and off-site troubleshooting experts. Also, We are looking for experienced administrators able to perform productively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of talented and motivated professionals, providing attentive customer care, and following a strong value-focused pricing structure, We have managed to increase our customer list rapidly while delivering consulting support to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common information database, and a group strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a satisfied client list.
If you are a network professional with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's clients can expand your knowledge via interaction with Progent's staff of highly supportive, talented consultants. Our commitment to delivering network consulting and computer support to small organizations will give you the opportunity to work closely with key players and contribute significantly to the growth of exciting companies.
Progent is hiring consultants who can show verifiable credentials in their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco consultants, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should show you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other top security credentials. Naturally, we are familiar with "paper experts". Still, the fact that a credential can not guarantee excellence is no excuse for not owning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of these tests should be no challenge. The bottom line is that if you are a professional, then customers deserve to see credentials. Progent can market your talents, but you must have standard credentials for us to market. If you stand adamantly against the idea of certifications, we can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are likely not a good fit.
Freelance Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, our consulting professionals have offered low-cost and successful network support expertise for businesses in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared technical knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have enabled us to build a strong consulting group and dramatically expand a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to provide customers the help of specialized computer support professionals who have in-depth skills and work background in important technologies beyond Progent's primary focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are often freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by Progent to work closely with our in-house engineers to provide end-to-end, world-class network services to small companies. We are continually enhancing the Experts Team in order to meet the particular needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team currently provides support in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Line-of-business and vertical program support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Custom program design and integration
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal development and deployment
- DBM support and performance consulting
- Management information consulting
- Telecommunications architecture support
Benefits of being a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to benefit from the momentum of our explosive growth and excellent recognition in the marketplace. By having a team of talented and committed professionals, offering excellent client care, and following a strong, value-focused pricing structure, Progent has multiplied our customer base over the last few years and Progent currently delivers professoinal services to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff takes care of all facets of promoting your services and areas of expertise into our quickly growing client base, so you spend less effort signing up clients and extra time making revenue.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who are the gateway to the decision makers among our clients.
- Our selling and administration groups will manage the entire sales and engagement process, from opportunity generation, job approval, client requirements description, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility is on providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you connections to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, library of professional publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest pool of experienced network engineers.
- Progent will share special benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, on-line access to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and product support resources, and on-line internal use programs for training or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to become a member of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have these qualifications for membership:
- You need to have a strong track record as a consultant operating on your own in your field of specialization, including at least a two year record of successful consulting projects and/or have your own active client base to whom you now deliver continuing support activity.
- You must demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of specialization, including showing a long task-relevant record and excellent referrals, and have current manufacturer and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You must know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You should have strong communications skills and be able to work successfully alone or as part of a team.
- You need to know how to explain realistic expectations to clients and other Progent team members and you should know how evaluate tasks, create project plans, and define realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by enhancing your information technology knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the top professional experts for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, running specialized software tools to enable the highest level of support, and by optimizing our business structures for attracting and maintaining customers.
The main factor that differentiates Progent from ordinary consulting firms is the excellence of our service staff. Among the 50 or so consultants who have joined us, we have assembled the best talent across a wide array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Macintosh, Linux, server virtualization, or other crucial application, we engage professionals who can help you to be successful on larger projects by leveraging the collective experience of our group of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's team, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful technology to perform the work properly. We will leverage technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows seamless connectivity, cooperation, and information sharing with other Progent consultants ó entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants donít throw away time or forfeit revenue with daily drives to a conventional office building, and all travel you do for on-site client work is determined by your own time table, not Progent's. The best benefit is that much of our support work can be performed off-site, offering 100% efficiency for income-producing time. In practice, some of our staff do off-site consulting only.
Progent's operations are set up for reacting quickly and efficiently to client requirements through knowledge exchange and cooperative problem solving. Even though our consultants operate with a high level of independence, dispatching is unified, client problems and solutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and organized for easy reference, current consultant schedules are published to facilitate team tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and customer approval is continually evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation through periodic team meetings and regular corporate events.
The majority of our consultants are situated throughout California, however Progent is attracting a rapidly expanding group of network experts from across the United States. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with regional boundaries that restrict the productivity of traditional business structures. We enhance the deal by offering a full employee care program to ensure the health and economic security of our employees and their families.
Just as we have world-class consultants, Progent's marketing and administration teams match the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progentís success are helping us to target and sign up the scores of new customers we are currently engaging every month. We lately celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong marketing organization.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with us. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a continual series of technical challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Customers rely on consultants to perform the ďhard stuff.Ē Creative tasks, advanced implementations, puzzling or entrenched problems, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for network professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by establishing close customer relationships and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you do not offer strong communications skills or enjoy working with a varied assortment of people, then Progent is probably not a good match.
If this seems good to you, we urge you to talk to us about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well architected and implemented network can be a crucial piece for enabling any firm's success, and we apply this credo in our own system infrastructure. We have created a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables our staff engineers and authorized contractors to deliver fast and effective service, cooperate closely on sophisticated projects, and gain from professional and personal growth by being part of a dynamic business ethos of personal drive and independence.