One of America's top computer consultant firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a large team of certified service professionals who concentrate on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security analysis
- Sophisticated system infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and network management
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts independent consultants premier and managed by Progent, provides highly refined knowledge in a broad range of vital business applications and networking technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based application software design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Access database programming, migration and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 individual and group training
Creative structures for attracting clients, delivering service, creating a dynamic company culture, and offering highly competitive compensation and benefits have enabled Progent to be among the fastest growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the U.S. and to build an international presence for providing remote network assistance. If you are an accredited IT support professional or information technology expert with a focus on a customer service and strong communication skills, you will discover Progent a chance for increasing your technical skills, developing a more rewarding career, and attaining economic security.
Learn More Information About Jobs with Progent
Check out these pages to learn additional details concerning Progent's work opportunities, business philosophy, work environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Careers at Progent
We are hiring a variety of full-time workers such as experienced Microsoft MCSE network engineers; connectivity experts with CCIE certification; and consultants for advanced system design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability environments, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and virtual servers. We are also seeking workstation support technicians, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP or CISA certified security engineers. Progent is also seeking experienced managers and administrators able to perform effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Learn more information about staff professional services positions at Progent by referring to Consulting Work at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities at Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals with in-depth expertise and hands-on experience in high-demand IT topics outside our main technical concentration. Progent's Experts Group employs freelance consultants who offer advice and programming services for line-of-business solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess in-depth expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide world-class help in areas like telecom, web development, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM programming and administration. Independent contractors premier by us cooperate with Progent's in-house consultants to provide end-to-end IT services for small and midsize company networks. In order to find out additional details concerning contracting work with our Experts Consulting Group, see Contracting Work with Progent.
Ways That We Are Exceptional
Progent has managed to attract the top consulting talent by being unique. Providing a powerful mix of entrepreneurial spirit, insistence on customer success, use of advanced technical tools, and an independent work model that allows for quality-of-life options for our team members, Progent offers a dynamic setting for talented individuals who have a drive for rapidly improving their technical abilities to create concrete benefits for a range of businesses and network environments. Learn more details about how we are exceptional by going to Ways That Progent Is Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office model uses advanced technical tools that enable off-site support, wireless communication, easy access to Progent's knowledge bases, and close collaboration with talented team members to help you to handle business-critical IT problems. Our virtual office network allows consultants to concentrate on providing IT solutions instead of dealing with commutes and helps you nurture lasting client relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, viable, and affordable solutions. To find out more details about Progent's virtual office infrastructure, go to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is wholly tied to the revenue you generate. You have the option of concentrating on life style and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our versatile schedule to follow personal pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to make significant income by hard work and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers complete family health insurance as well as numerous other benefits. Find out more concerning our compensation and benefit packages by going to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Working with Progent FAQs
For answers to frequent questions concerning being employed by Progent, visit Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Below is a list of Progent's present job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a range of small businesses to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details on Desktop Engineer Positions
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small organizations manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Sr. Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment projects. The right applicant should be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This position would require a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Details on Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's extensive portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
Details on Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining key elements of engagement proposals that tie Progent's services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining strong relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly changing technology
If you wish to apply for any job shown above, please send your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
More Information Concerning Opportunities with Us
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Support Professionals
Progent wants to find full-time, results-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited system engineers who have CCIE certification; security professionals with CISA or comparable security credentials; and advanced network architecture experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks employees who can join our staff of helpdesk support technicians and remote support experts. In addition, We are hiring talented administrators who can operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and motivated professionals, providing attentive client services, and offering a strong value-based pricing model, We have been able to increase our customer base dramatically while delivering consulting services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared knowledge database, and a group strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a loyal client base.
For an information technology consultant with technical support experience, joining Progent or helping Progent's clients will expand your skills through cooperation with our group of highly supportive, expert consultants. Our focus on delivering information technology consulting and technical support to small companies will give you the chance to work closely with decision makers and contribute significantly to the growth of exciting businesses.
We are hiring technical professionals that have recognized certification in their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco consultants, show us your CCIE or CCNP credential. For network security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other leading security credentials. Of course, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Notwithstanding, the fact that a certificate can not ensure expertise is no excuse for not having one. If you know your field, then most of those tests should present no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then customers expect credentials. Progent can market your talents, but you need to have basic certifications for Progent to market. In case you are strongly opposed to the idea of certifications, Progent can understand and honor your opinion, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's information technology professionals have provided affordable and successful computer consulting expertise for businesses in the and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared technical database, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have helped Progent to build a strong in-house team and dramatically expand a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Team is our way to provide clients the help of specialized information technology support professionals who have advanced knowledge and work experience in important areas outside of Progent's primary focus in system support and security. Experts Team members are often freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by us to collaborate with Progent's staff engineers to deliver end-to-end, world-class information technology services to small businesses. Progent is always expanding the Experts Team to meet the special requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group now offers consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Support for Linux, UNIX, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Line-of-business and vertical program help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Custom program development and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and client portal development and integration
- SQL support and performance help
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications architecture support
Benefits of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you can take advantage of the impact of our explosive expansion and top-notch reputation in the industry. By maintaining a team of skilled and committed consultants, providing excellent client support, and practicing a proven, ROI-oriented pricing structure, we have quadrupled our clientele over the past several years and Progent now provides consulting support to hundreds of businesses in and across the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing staff takes care of all aspects of marketing your services and areas of knowledge into our rapidly expanding client base, so you expend less time signing up customers and extra time making revenue.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and our key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who act as the gateway to the influential managers among our customers.
- Progent's selling and operations teams will manage the entire sales and engagement cycle, from lead generation, project qualification, customer needs description, capabilities matching, job analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus is on providing high-level consulting service.
- We will gives you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including professional meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive database, processes based on industry best practices, library of professional publications, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert network professionals.
- We will share partner-only benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line connections to special vendor support utilities and product maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use software for education and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to be a member of our Experts Team, but Progent has strict qualifications for membership:
- You must have a proven track record as a consulting professional operating on your own in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year record of completed contracting jobs or you must have an active client base for whom you currently provide ongoing support services.
- You need to demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of specialization, which includes showing an extensive work-related record and excellent referrals, and possess current manufacturer and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You have to be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You should have excellent people skills and be able to work effectively alone or as part of a team.
- You must be able to articulate proper goals to clients and other Progent team members and you should be able scope out jobs, create project plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Network Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a better consultant by improving your information technology skills and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the best consulting talent for you to work with, offering an advanced network and communications architecture, using specialized software tools to deliver the maximum quality of support, and by streamlining our business structures for attracting and maintaining customers.
The decisive factor that differentiates Progent from ordinary consulting companies is the high quality of our support professionals. Among the scores of consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited top talent across a broad range of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other crucial technologies, we deploy professionals who can help you to be successful on major jobs by combining the aggregate skills of Progent's group of professionals.
To promote the productivity of Progent's team, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful tools to perform the work properly. Progent will leverage information technology to an extraordinary extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables seamless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent consultants — entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose income with regular commutes to a conventional office, and all travel you do for in-person customer jobs is based on your schedule, not Progent's. The best benefit is that most of Progent's support services can be done off-site, representing maximum productivity for billable time. In practice, some Progent team members do off-site consulting only.
Our operations are set up for reacting rapidly and efficiently to customer needs via information exchange and cooperative problem solving. Even though our consultants operate with a great deal of independence, dispatching is centralized, client issues and resolutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and archived for easy retrieval, current engineer schedules are broadcast to facilitate team projects and simplify trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is always monitored. We strengthen the feeling of connection through monthly team meetings and quarterly corporate events.
Most of Progent's consultants are situated across California, but we are attracting a quickly expanding group of network experts from across the United States. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates regional boundaries that restrict the productivity of traditional company models. We enhance the package by offering a comprehensive employee care plan to promote the physical health and economic welfare of our employees and their families.
Just as we have awesome consultants, our marketing and operations groups live up to the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch factors behind our growth are enabling us to identify and sign up the scores of new clients we are currently acquiring every month. Progent lately marked the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with us. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a continual series of technical challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Customers choose consulting firms to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, advanced deployments, puzzling or entrenched problems, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for computer engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every day excited about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by establishing strong client relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization through and through. If you do not have excellent communications skills or like working with a varied assortment of people, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good match.
If this seems right for you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and executed information system is a crucial factor for accelerating any firm's growth, and we follow this philosophy in our corporate network infrastructure. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables our staff consultants and authorized contractors to offer rapid and efficient service, collaborate easily on sophisticated projects, and gain from career and personal maturity from acting as part of a dynamic company ethos of self motivation and independence.