One of the top network consultant firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a large team of talented support professionals who concentrate on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Enterprise security consulting
- Advanced system infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and network administration
Our Experts Team, which includes independent experts certified and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally refined knowledge covering a wide range of critical business applications and networking solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based app development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and management consulting
- Office Access database development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 training
Creative models for acquiring clients, delivering support, nurturing a dynamic company culture, and providing highly competitive compensation have enabled Progent to become one of the fastest expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the U.S. and to build an international organization for providing online IT service. If you are a certified computer support professional or network expert with a focus on a client service and excellent people skills, you will find in Progent an opportunity for increasing your technical knowledge, developing a more independent lifestyle, and attaining economic security.
Learn More Information About Working at Progent
Follow these pages to learn additional details about our job opportunities, company philosophy, operational environment, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Careers at Progent
Progent is seeking a range of full-time employees including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer engineers; network consultants who have Cisco credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant system architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability systems, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also seeking desktop support technicians, off-site service professionals, and CISM accredited security consultants. Progent is also hiring experienced managers and administrators who can operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Learn additional details concerning staff consulting work at Progent by referring to Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities with Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants with in-depth expertise and hands-on background in important IT topics beyond our main service focus. Our Experts Group employs contractors who can provide consulting and programming support for line-of-business applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess specialized knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide expert help in technologies like telecom, web site development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and administration. Independent contractors premier by us coordinate with our full-time professionals to deliver comprehensive solutions for small business networks. If you want to learn more details about freelance opportunities with our Experts Team, refer to Contract Opportunities at Progent.
Ways That We Are Unique
We have been able to attract the top consulting talent by being different. Providing an innovative mix of entrepreneurial spirit, insistence on customer satisfaction, use of advanced technical tools, and a flexible work model that allows for life-style options for our team members, Progent creates a stimulating setting for talented consultants who posses a desire for quickly enhancing their technical abilities to create real-world benefits for a variety of organizations and network environments. Find out additional details about ways that Progent is unique by visiting Reasons That We Are Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office environment utilizes sophisticated technologies that allow off-site support, wireless connectivity, easy access to Progent's support databases, and instant collaboration with mobile colleagues to help you to resolve challenging IT issues. Progent's virtual office setting frees consultants to concentrate on providing service instead of dealing with commutes and lets consultants build lasting customer relationships by enabling you to provide quick, viable, and affordable solutions. To learn additional details concerning Progent's virtual office business model, go to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you make is wholly based on what you generate. Consultants have the option of focusing on quality of life and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, using our flexible schedule to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable money through persistent work and lots of hours. Progent also provides full family health care coverage plus numerous other benefits. Find out additional details about our compensation and benefit programs by going to Progent Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent Q&A
For replies to frequent questions concerning becoming employed by Progent, visit Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers.
The following is a description of some present job openings:
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert -
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a variety of small businesses to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Engineer Jobs
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small organizations maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Exchange Consultant - , Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange consultant to lead large-scale Exchange planning and deployment projects. The right applicant should be a technical consultant with expertise in Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This role demands experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these technologies.
Details on Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's broad selection of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and explaining key components of consulting proposals which tie Progent's deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Explaining continually changing technology
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to apply for any job listed above, please e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Please include the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts About Opportunities with Us
Career Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent wants to hire staff-level, results-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP certification; Cisco accredited system engineers with CCIE certification; security consultants with CISM or comparable security credentials; and advanced network architecture experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, service continuity, workplace recovery, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for employees who can join Progent's team of desktop service technicians and off-site troubleshooting professionals. Also, Progent is seeking experienced managers able to operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated professionals, delivering world-class client care, and following a strong results-based fee structure, Progent has been able to increase our customer base dramatically while delivering consulting services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common information database, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a loyal customer base.
If you are a network consultant with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's customers can expand your skills through interaction with Progent's group of highly supportive, talented engineers. Progent's commitment to providing network expertise and computer help to small organizations will offer you the chance to collaborate closely with key players and add significantly to the success of dynamic businesses.
We are looking for consultants who can show verifiable certification related to their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco professionals, show us your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should have earned you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other top security credentials. Of course, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Still, simply because a credential does not ensure excellence is no excuse for not owning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of those certifications should present no challenge. The bottom line is that if you are a professional, then clients expect certifications. We will broadcast your skills, but you must have basic credentials for Progent to work with. In case you stand strongly against the concept of certifications, Progent can understand and respect your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Work for premier Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's computer professionals have provided low-cost and successful computer support services for small businesses in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common support knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have enabled Progent to retain a talented staff and dramatically expand a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer customers the help of specialized computer consulting engineers who have in-depth knowledge and work experience in key technologies beyond our core focus in network support and security. Experts Group members are often freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by us to collaborate with Progent's staff consultants to deliver comprehensive, world-class network services to small companies. Progent is continually enhancing the Experts Team to meet the particular needs of our clients.
Our Experts Team now provides support in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Line-of-business and vertical program support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom program development and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and client information portal development and deployment
- Database management and efficiency help
- Business information expertise
- Telecommunications systems support
Advantages of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you can take advantage of the impact of Progent's explosive growth and top-notch reputation in the market. By having a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing attentive customer support, and practicing a strong, value-oriented pricing structure, we have quadrupled our clientele over the past few years and Progent currently delivers consulting services to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing team takes care of all aspects of promoting your services and areas of expertise into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you expend less time signing up customers and more time generating revenue.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who act as the conduit to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Our sales and operations teams will take care of the entire sales and contracting cycle, from lead generation, project qualification, customer needs description, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility is on providing high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, including convenient conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to our vast database, procedures based on industry best practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest pool of experienced consulting professionals.
- We will share special benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, web connections to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and product support resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for training or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to become a member of our Experts Team, but we do have strict requirements for membership:
- You must show a proven background as a consultant working on your own in your field of specialization, including at least a two year history of completed contracting jobs and/or have an active customer base for which you currently provide ongoing consulting activity.
- You must show that you are an expert in your field of specialization, which includes having an extensive task-relevant history and strong referrals, and possess current manufacturer and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You must be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You should have excellent people skills and know how to operate effectively alone or as a member of a group.
- You must be able to communicate proper goals to clients and other Progent consultants and you need to know how evaluate projects, create task plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Network Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by improving your information technology skills and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the best professional talent for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art system architecture, running custom application tools to deliver the maximum quality of service, and by optimizing our operational structures for finding and retaining clients.
The most important factor that distinguishes Progent from ordinary network support firms is the excellence of our consultants. Out of the scores of consultants who have joined us, we have recruited the best talent covering a broad range of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux, virtual servers, or other vital application, we engage professionals who can enable you to be effective on larger projects by combining the collective experience of our team of experts.
To promote the productivity of Progent's team, we invest heavily in making available the best technology to perform the work properly. We will leverage technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows effortless communications, cooperation, and information sharing with fellow Progent consultants — entirely from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t throw away time or lose revenue with daily commutes to a conventional office, and all travel you do for on-site customer jobs is based on your time table, not ours. The best benefit is that most of our support services can be done off-site, offering maximum efficiency for income-producing hours. In fact, some Progent staff do off-site support only.
Progent's operations are set up for responding rapidly and efficiently to customer requirements via knowledge exchange and collaborative problem solving. Even though our engineers work with a high level of independence, dispatching is unified, client issues and resolutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and organized for easy reference, up-to-date engineer schedules are published to facilitate group tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is always evaluated. We strengthen the sense of cooperation via periodic workgroup conferences and regular corporate events.
The majority of our consultants are situated throughout California however we are attracting a quickly growing group of network experts from across the U.S. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic obstacles that limit the efficiency of conventional company models. We complete the package by providing a comprehensive benefit program to ensure the health and financial security of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, our marketing and administration teams match the excellence that defines Progent. These high-performance factors behind our success are helping us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are now acquiring each month. We recently celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong marketing operation.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with us. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of network challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Clients choose a consultant to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or entrenched problems, and difficult migrations are the foundation for our services daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for network professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every morning excited about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will work with some great folks, both by building close client relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented company from top to bottom. If you do not offer strong communications skills or like cooperating with a diverse assortment of personalities, then we are probably not a good match.
If all this sounds right for you, we urge you to contact Progent about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well designed and executed network can be a pivotal piece for enabling any company's success, and we follow this credo in our corporate system infrastructure. We have created a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's in-house consultants and authorized contractors to deliver fast and effective service, cooperate easily on complex jobs, and experience professional and private maturity from acting as part of an exciting business ethos of personal drive and freedom.