One of the top IT consultant firms for business networks, Progent maintains a full-time team of certified support professionals who focus on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security analysis
- Sophisticated connectivity architecture
- Remote IT support and network management
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts independent consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally refined knowledge covering a broad range of critical software applications and network technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- BI consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Web app development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access database development, migration and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Office 365 online training
Creative models for acquiring customers, delivering support, creating a dynamic working environment, and providing generous profit sharing have allowed us to become one of the most rapidly expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the U.S. and to establish a worldwide presence for providing online IT service. If you are a certified IT technician or network expert with an orientation towards a client success and excellent communication skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent a chance for enhancing your technical skills, living a more independent lifestyle, and attaining financial success.
Learn More Information About Working at Progent
Follow these links to learn more details about Progent's job openings, business culture, work conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Positions at Progent
Progent is seeking a variety of on-staff employees such as motivated Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network consultants; connectivity consultants who have CCIE credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant network design with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability environments, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent is also looking for workstation support technicians, remote service specialists, and CISM certified security professionals. We are also hiring veteran managers and administrators able to operate effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out more information about full-time consulting jobs at Progent by going to Full-time Work at Progent.
Freelance Jobs with Progent
Progent works with independent professionals with in-depth expertise and working background in high-demand information technology areas beyond our primary service focus. Our Experts Team hires freelance consultants who can provide consulting and development services for line-of-business applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have deep knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide world-class help in areas such as telecom, web site development, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and management. Independent consultants premier by Progent cooperate with our full-time consultants to provide end-to-end solutions for small business networks. If you want to learn additional details concerning contracting work with Progent's Experts Team, visit Freelance Jobs at Progent.
Reasons That We Are Different
We have managed to attract the top consulting experts by being different. With an innovative blend of enterprising drive, insistence on customer satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus an independent work model that accommodates quality-of-life choices for our team members, Progent creates a dynamic environment for select individuals who posses a desire for quickly enhancing their technical abilities to create real-world solutions for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Learn more information concerning reasons we are unique by going to Ways That We Are Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office network incorporates sophisticated technologies that enable off-site access, wireless communication, convenient access to Progent's knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with mobile colleagues to allow you to solve business-critical IT issues. Progent's virtual office network allows you to focus on delivering IT solutions instead of dealing with traffic and lets you build lasting client relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, effective, and affordable solutions. In order to learn additional information about our virtual office business model, see Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is directly tied to what you contribute. You have the option of concentrating on life style and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our versatile schedule to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn significant money by persistent effort and long hours. Progent also offers comprehensive family health care insurance as well as many additional benefits. Find out more concerning our compensation and benefits by going to Our Compensation and Benefits.
Jobs at Progent Q&A
For answers to common questions concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, refer to Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
This is a description of our present job openings:
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert -
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a variety of small organizations to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details about Desktop Engineer Positions
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize organizations maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - , Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Exchange planning and deployment projects. The ideal candidate should be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This position would require a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Details on Sr. Exchange Expert Positions
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's broad selection of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and explaining key elements of service proposals that align our services with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing technology
Specifics about Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to ask about any opening shown above, you should e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please copy the code numbers of the positions of interest.
Additional Facts About Work with Us
Fulltime Work for Network Engineers, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Support Technicians
Progent wants to hire staff-level, results-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP certification; Cisco accredited network engineers who have Cisco CCIE certification; security consultants who have CISA or equivalent security certification; and high-end network architecture consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high uptime, business continuity, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks employees to work on our team of help desk support specialists and remote support professionals. In addition, Progent is looking for talented managers able to perform productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing world-class customer care, and offering a strong results-based pricing structure, Progent has managed to increase our customer list rapidly while delivering consulting support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common knowledge database, and a group approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a satisfied customer list.
If you are a network professional with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or working for our customers can enhance your knowledge through cooperation with our group of highly team-oriented, talented consultants. Our commitment to providing network expertise and computer support to small companies will give you the chance to work closely with key players and contribute significantly to the success of exciting companies.
We are looking for consultants who have recognized certification related to their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco consultants, show us your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other leading security credentials. Of course, Progent is familiar with ďpaper MCSEs.Ē Nevertheless, the fact that a credential can not ensure excellence is no reason for not owning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of these tests should pose no challenge. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then customers deserve to see credentials. We will market your skills, but you should provide standard credentials for us to market. In case you are strongly against the idea of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Contract Jobs for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, Progent's information technology professionals have offered low-cost and successful network support services for businesses in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared support knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have enabled Progent to build a strong staff and dramatically expand a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to provide customers the services of expert computer consulting engineers who have in-depth knowledge and field background in important technologies beyond Progent's core concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are typically independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by us to work closely with Progent's staff engineers to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class network services to small and midsize companies. Progent is always enhancing the Experts Group to meet the special requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Team currently provides support in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Line-of-business and specialized application help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Custom applications design and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and customer information portal development and integration
- SQL management and efficiency consulting
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications architecture support
Benefits of becoming part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you can take advantage of the impact of Progent's dramatic growth and top-notch recognition in the market. By maintaining a group of skilled and committed professionals, providing attentive customer care, and following a proven, value-focused billing model, we have multiplied our clientele during the last several years and Progent now delivers consulting support to hundreds of companies in and throughout the United States.
- Our veteran marketing staff takes care of all aspects of marketing your services and technical knowledge into our rapidly expanding client base, so you spend less time signing up customers and extra time generating revenue.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who are the conduit to the influential managers among Progent's clients.
- Our selling and operations teams will manage the complete sales and contracting cycle, from lead generation, project qualification, customer requirements description, skills matching, project analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus stays with delivering top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will gives you access to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient conference locations in the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast knowledge base, processes based on best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the shared experience from one of 's largest pool of expert consulting engineers.
- We will share special benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and product maintenance resources, and on-line internal use software for education and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to be part of our Experts Team, but Progent has these qualifications for membership:
- You need to show a strong track record as a consulting professional operating independently in your area of specialization, including at least a two year history of completed contracting projects and/or have an active customer base for which you now deliver ongoing consulting activity.
- You must demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of concentration, including having an extensive task-relevant record and strong references, and possess up-to-date manufacturer or institutional professional qualifications.
- You have to be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You must have excellent people skills and be able to work successfully alone or as a member of a group.
- You must be able to communicate realistic goals to clients and other Progent consultants and you need to be able analyze jobs, produce project plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Network Consultants
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a better consulting professional by enhancing your information technology knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the best professional talent for you to operate with, providing an advanced network and communications architecture, running specialized application tools to deliver the highest level of service, and by streamlining our business models for finding and retaining customers.
The decisive factor that separates Progent from ordinary network support companies is the high quality of our consultants. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled the best expertise across a broad range of technologies. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux, server virtualization, or other key application, we engage experts who can help you to be successful on larger jobs by leveraging the aggregate experience of our team of professionals.
To promote the productivity of our consultants, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful tools to do the job properly. We will exploit technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows seamless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with other Progent consultants ó entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. You donít throw away time or lose income because of daily drives to a conventional office building, and all travel you do for in-person customer work is based on your own time table, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that most of our support work can be performed remotely, representing maximum productivity for billable hours. In fact, some Progent staff do remote support only.
Progent's business structure is set up for reacting rapidly and effectively to customer needs via knowledge exchange and collaborative problem solving. Even though our engineers work with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, client issues and solutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and archived for easy retrieval, current engineer availability is published to facilitate team tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually monitored. We strengthen the sense of connection via periodic team conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are located across California, however Progent is building a rapidly growing group of network professionals throughout America. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic obstacles that restrict the productivity of conventional business models. We complete the deal by providing a comprehensive employee care program to ensure the health and financial welfare of our employees and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, our sales and administration teams match the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progentís growth are helping us to target and sign up the scores of new customers we are now acquiring each month. We lately marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong sales organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with us. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a continual series of technical challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Customers rely on consultants to do the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, advanced implementations, vexing or chronic issues, and difficult migrations are the basis for our services every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for network professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by building close client relationships and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company from top to bottom. If you do not offer excellent communications skills or like cooperating with a varied group of personalities, then we are in all likelihood a poor match.
If this seems right for you, we urge you to contact Progent about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well architected and implemented information system is a crucial piece for accelerating a firm's growth, and Progent applies this credo in our corporate system environment. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that enables our staff consultants and certified contractors to offer rapid and efficient service, cooperate closely on sophisticated projects, and gain from professional and private maturity from acting as a member of an exciting company ethos of personal drive and freedom.