Among the premiere computer consulting firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a full-time team of talented service professionals who concentrate on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP products
- Enterprise security consulting
- Advanced connectivity infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and system administration
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts independent consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, provides highly refined knowledge in a wide range of critical business areas and networking technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web app development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and management help
- Microsoft Access application development, migration and training
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 consulting
Creative models for attracting customers, providing support, maintaining a dynamic company culture, and offering generous compensation and benefits have enabled Progent to become one of the most rapidly expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in America and to build an international organization for providing online network service. If you are a certified computer support professional or network consultant with an orientation towards a customer success and strong people skills, you will find in Progent an opportunity for adding to your technical skills, living a more rewarding career, and attaining economic security.
Find Out Additional Details About Jobs with Progent
Check out these pages to find out more information concerning our job opportunities, company philosophy, work environment, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Careers at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of on-staff workers including motivated Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network engineers; network consultants with Cisco CCIE certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant network architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop environments, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also looking for desktop support experts, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP or CISA certified security consultants. Progent is also looking for experienced managers and administrators able to perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn more details concerning staff consulting jobs at Progent by going to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contracting Jobs at Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals who have in-depth knowledge and working experience in crucial IT areas beyond Progent's primary service focus. Progent's Experts Team employs independent consultants who can provide advice and programming services for strategic solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer world-class help in areas like telecom, web site development, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle DBM programming and management. Freelance contractors certified by us coordinate with Progent's staff engineers to provide end-to-end IT services for small and midsize business networks. If you want to learn additional details about freelance work with Progent's Experts Team, go to Freelance Work with Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional
We have been able to recruit the top professional talent by being different. Providing an innovative mix of enterprising spirit, commitment to client success, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, and an independent work model that accommodates life-style options for Progent's team members, Progent offers a dynamic environment for select consultants who have a drive for rapidly improving their technical abilities to create concrete benefits for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Learn additional information concerning reasons Progent is exceptional by visiting Reasons That Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office model incorporates advanced technical tools that support off-site support, wireless connectivity, easy availability of our knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with talented team members to allow you to deal with business-critical IT issues. Our virtual office setting frees consultants to focus on delivering service instead of fighting traffic and helps consultants establish lasting client relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to find out additional details concerning our virtual office work environment, go to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is wholly determined by what you contribute. You have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, using our versatile schedule to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to earn significant income by persistent work and long hours. Progent also provides full family health care insurance as well as numerous other benefits. Learn additional details about Progent's compensation model and benefits by visiting Progent Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Working with Progent Q&A
For replies to popular questions about becoming a consultant at Progent, visit Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
This is a description of our present job openings:
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant -
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small businesses to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Positions
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize organizations maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Exchange design and implementation projects. The ideal applicant would be a technical consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This role would require experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
Details about Senior Exchange Consultant Positions
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's extensive selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and articulating key components of service propositions which tie Progent's deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving technology
Specifics about Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to ask about any job shown above, you should send your background information to email@example.com. Please include the job codes of the jobs of interest.
Additional Facts About Opportunities with Us
Career Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent wants to find fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco accredited network engineers with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security professionals with CISA or comparable security credentials; and advanced network architecture experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, service continuity, business continuity, information protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for employees who can work on our team of desktop support technicians and remote troubleshooting professionals. Also, We are hiring talented managers who can operate effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated professionals, providing world-class customer care, and offering a competitive results-focused fee model, Progent has been able to expand our customer list dramatically while providing professional support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common information base, and a group strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a loyal client base.
For an information technology professional with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or helping our clients will enhance your knowledge through cooperation with our staff of highly supportive, talented consultants. Progent's commitment to delivering network expertise and computer help to small organizations will offer you the chance to collaborate closely with key players and contribute appreciably to the success of exciting companies.
We are looking for technical professionals who can show verifiable credentials related to their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. In the case of Cisco consultants, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or one of the other leading security certifications. Naturally, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, the fact that a certificate does not ensure excellence is no reason for not earning one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of these certifications should present no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then customers deserve to see certifications. We will market your skills, but you should have basic certifications for us to work with. If you happen to be adamantly against the concept of credentials, we can understand and honor your opinion, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Contract Jobs for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, our information technology professionals have offered affordable and successful network support services for businesses in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared support database, and a team philosophy for problem solving have helped us to build a talented staff and dramatically grow a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer customers the help of expert information technology consulting professionals who have in-depth knowledge and field experience in key areas outside of Progent's primary concentration in system support and security. Experts Group members are often freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by us to collaborate with our in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small and midsize companies. We are always enhancing our Experts Team in order to meet the particular requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team now offers consulting in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Mission-critical and vertical program support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Special program design and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and client information portal design and deployment
- Database management and efficiency consulting
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Advantages of being a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you can leverage the momentum of Progent's explosive expansion and top-notch recognition in the industry. By having a group of talented and dedicated professionals, offering attentive client support, and practicing a proven, value-focused pricing structure, Progent has multiplied our customer base over the last several years and Progent currently delivers professoinal services to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing team handles all aspects of marketing your skills and areas of expertise into our rapidly growing customer base, so you expend less effort signing up customers and more time making revenue.
- We will facilitate communications between you and Progent's key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who act as the gateway to the key executives among our customers.
- Progent's sales and operations groups will take care of the entire sales and engagement cycle, from opportunity identification, job approval, client requirements description, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus stays with providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, including professional meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive database, procedures based on best practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of experienced network engineers.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, on-line connections to special vendor troubleshooting tools and technical maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use programs for education and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to be a member of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have the following requirements for membership:
- You should show a strong background as a consulting professional working independently in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year history of successful contracting jobs or you must have an active client base for whom you now provide ongoing consulting services.
- You must show that you have expertise in your area of concentration, which includes showing a long work-related record and excellent references, and possess current vendor and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You should know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You need to have excellent people skills and understand how to work efficiently alone or as part of a group.
- You have to know how to communicate proper expectations to clients and other Progent team members and you have to know how scope out projects, create project plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a better consultant by improving your information technology knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the top consulting talent for you to operate with, providing an advanced system infrastructure, using custom application utilities to deliver the maximum quality of service, and by streamlining proven operational structures for finding and retaining customers.
The decisive factor that differentiates us from other consulting firms is the high caliber of our consulting team. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited top talent covering a wide range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other crucial areas, we deploy experts who can enable you to be effective on larger projects by combining the collective skills of our team of professionals.
To promote the success of our team, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful tools to do the work efficiently. We will exploit technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office environment enables seamless communications, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with other Progent team members — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or lose income because of regular drives to a physical office, and any travel you do for in-person customer jobs is based on your schedule, not ours. The best benefit is that much of Progent's support services can be performed remotely, representing 100% productivity for billable time. In fact, some of our team members do remote support exclusively.
Our operations are geared towards responding rapidly and effectively to customer requirements through knowledge exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Even though our consultants operate with a high level of freedom, dispatching is centralized, client issues and resolutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and organized for convenient retrieval, up-to-date consultant availability is published to facilitate group projects and enable trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually monitored. We reinforce the sense of cooperation via periodic workgroup conferences and regular company-wide events.
The majority of our team is located throughout California, but Progent is building a rapidly growing group of network experts throughout the U.S. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates geographic boundaries that restrict the productivity of conventional business structures. We enhance the deal by providing a comprehensive employee care plan to ensure the health and economic security of our team members and their families.
Just as we have world-class consultants, our marketing and administration teams live up to the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progent’s success are enabling us to target and land the scores of new clients we are currently acquiring each month. We recently marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with us. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of network challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Clients choose consultants to do the “hard stuff.” Creative projects, leading-edge implementations, vexing or entrenched problems, and difficult migrations are the basis for what we do daily. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for computer engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every morning excited about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by building strong client relationships and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization heart and soul. If you do not have excellent people skills or like cooperating with a diverse assortment of people, then Progent is probably a poor match.
If all this sounds right for you, we invite you to contact us about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well designed and executed network can be a crucial piece for accelerating a firm's success, and we follow this belief in our corporate network environment. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables Progent's staff engineers and authorized contractors to offer rapid and effective service, cooperate easily on sophisticated projects, and experience career and private maturity from being part of an exciting company ethos of self motivation and freedom.