One of the top computer consultant companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a large team of talented service experts who focus on mainstream technologies such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP products
- System security expertise
- Sophisticated network infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and network management
Our Experts Team, which includes independent consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, provides highly refined knowledge in a wide variety of key business areas and network solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web application software design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and management consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database development, enhancement and training
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Creative structures for acquiring customers, providing service, nurturing an efficient working environment, and offering highly competitive compensation have allowed Progent to be among the most rapidly expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in America and to build an international presence for delivering online IT assistance. If you are an accredited computer technician or network consultant with a focus on a client success and strong communication skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent a chance for adding to your technical skills, living a more independent lifestyle, and attaining financial security.
Find Out Additional Details Concerning Working with Progent
Follow these pages to learn more information about our job openings, company philosophy, operational conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Full-time Careers at Progent
We are hiring a variety of on-staff employees such as motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network consultants; network consultants who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant system architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability environments, business continuity planning, data protection, and VMware technology. Progent is also hiring desktop support experts, off-site service professionals, and CISSP or CISA accredited security professionals. We are also looking for veteran managers who can perform efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out more details about full-time consulting work at Progent by visiting Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Contracting Jobs with Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants who have proven expertise and hands-on background in high-demand information technology areas outside Progent's primary technical concentration. Progent's Experts Group employs contractors who can provide advice and development support for line-of-business solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess in-depth knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer world-class help in technologies such as telecom, web site design, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and administration. Freelance contractors certified by Progent cooperate with our staff consultants to provide comprehensive solutions for small company networks. In order to find out more details about freelance jobs with our Experts Team, visit Contracting Work at Progent.
How We Are Different
Progent has managed to recruit the best professional talent by being different. Providing a powerful blend of enterprising drive, commitment to client success, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, and an independent business structure that offers life-style options for our consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic setting for select individuals who have a desire for quickly enhancing their professional skills to create real-world benefits for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Learn additional details concerning ways that Progent is exceptional by going to How Progent Is Different.
Our Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office model utilizes advanced technical tools that support remote support, wireless communication, easy availability of our support databases, and close collaboration with mobile team members to help you to solve challenging network issues. Progent's virtual office setting allows consultants to concentrate on delivering service instead of fighting commutes and helps you build successful client relationships by enabling you to provide quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. In order to find out more details about Progent's virtual office infrastructure, go to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is wholly based on the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the option of concentrating on quality of life and electing to consult at an easy pace, using our flexible structure to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to make considerable money through hard effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers full family health coverage as well as numerous other benefits. Learn more details about our compensation and benefit packages by visiting Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Jobs at Progent Q&A
For replies to common enquiries about being a consultant at Progent, go to Employment at Progent Questions and Answers.
Here is a description of some available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a range of small organizations to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Support Expert Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize organizations manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange expert to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment projects. The ideal candidate should be a computer consultant with expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This role demands a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining key components of consulting propositions that tie Progent's deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly changing IT technology
If you want to ask about any position shown above, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the job codes of the jobs of interest.
More Information About Opportunities with Us
Fulltime Work for Network Consultants, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent wants to find full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco certified network engineers who have Cisco CCIE credentials; security professionals who have CISM or equivalent security credentials; and advanced system design experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, fault tolerance, business continuity, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks employees to join Progent's staff of desktop service specialists and off-site support professionals. Also, Progent is seeking talented managers who can perform effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of skilled and dedicated professionals, delivering world-class client services, and offering a strong value-based pricing model, We have been able to increase our client base rapidly while delivering consulting support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a skilled staff and a satisfied client base.
If you are an information technology professional with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or helping Progent's clients will enhance your knowledge through interaction with our staff of highly supportive, expert consultants. Progent's focus on delivering information technology consulting and computer help to small companies will give you the opportunity to work intimately with key players and add significantly to the growth of exciting companies.
We are hiring technical professionals that have recognized credentials related to their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your MCSE certificate. For Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should show you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security certifications. Naturally, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, simply because a certificate can not ensure expertise is no reason for not having one. If you know your field, then the majority of those tests should present no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you call yourself a professional, then customers expect credentials. We will promote your talents, but you need to have a baseline of credentials for us to market. If you stand strongly opposed to the idea of credentials, we can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are probably not a good fit.
Contract Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, our computer engineers have provided low-cost and effective network support expertise for businesses in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared technical database, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have helped us to build a strong in-house team and dramatically grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is our way to offer customers the services of expert information technology support professionals who have advanced skills and work experience in key technologies outside of our core concentration in system support and security. Experts Team consultants are typically independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by Progent to collaborate with Progent's in-house engineers to deliver comprehensive, world-class information technology solutions to small and midsize businesses. Progent is continually enhancing the Experts Group in order to address the particular needs of our clients.
Our Experts Team currently provides consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Line-of-business and specialized program help
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom applications design and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal design and deployment
- DBM support and performance help
- Business information consulting
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Benefits of being a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you get to benefit from the momentum of our explosive growth and excellent recognition in the marketplace. By having a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, offering excellent customer care, and following a proven, ROI-oriented billing structure, Progent has quadrupled our customer base over the last several years and Progent currently delivers professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff takes care of all aspects of promoting your skills and technical expertise into our rapidly growing client base, so you spend less effort signing up clients and more time making money.
- We will assist in communications between you and our key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who are the gateway to the influential managers among our customers.
- Our selling and administration teams will take care of the entire sales and engagement cycle, from lead identification, job approval, customer needs description, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility stays with delivering high-level consulting service.
- We will gives you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, including professional meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, and data and voice access throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to our vast database, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of professional publications, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert network professionals.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line connections to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical support resources, and downloadable internal use programs for training or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to be part of our Experts Team, but Progent has these requirements for membership:
- You need to have a proven track record as a consulting professional operating on your own in your field of specialization, including at least a two year record of completed contracting projects and/or have an active customer base to which you currently deliver continuing support services.
- You have to demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of concentration, including showing a long work-related record and excellent referrals, and possess up-to-date manufacturer or institutional professional qualifications.
- You have to be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You must have excellent inter-personal skills and understand how to work efficiently by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You must know how to articulate realistic goals to clients and other Progent team members and you need to know how scope out tasks, create task plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's work environment will make you a more capable consulting professional by enhancing your technical skills and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the top professional talent for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, running specialized application utilities to deliver the highest level of support, and by streamlining our business structures for attracting and keeping clients.
The decisive factor that separates us from ordinary consulting companies is the high quality of our consultants. Among the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled the best expertise covering a wide array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux, server virtualization, or other crucial areas, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be successful on larger jobs by leveraging the aggregate experience of Progent's group of professionals.
To promote the success of our consultants, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful technology to do the job efficiently. Progent will exploit technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows effortless communications, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with other Progent team members — entirely from home-based or mobile offices. You don’t throw away time or lose revenue because of daily drives to a conventional office building, and any travel you do for on-site client work is determined by your own schedule, not Progent's. The best benefit is that much of Progent's support work can be done off-site, offering 100% efficiency for billable time. In fact, some of our staff do off-site consulting only.
Progent's business structure is geared towards responding rapidly and effectively to customer requirements via knowledge sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Although our consultants work with a high level of independence, resource allocation is unified, customer issues and resolutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and organized for easy reference, up-to-date consultant availability is published to facilitate team projects and simplify problem escalation, and client satisfaction is continually monitored. We reinforce the feeling of connection via periodic team meetings and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of our team is located throughout California, but we are attracting a rapidly expanding group of consulting professionals from across America. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates regional boundaries that limit the efficiency of conventional company models. We enhance the deal by offering a comprehensive benefit plan to ensure the health and economic security of our team members and their families.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, our marketing and operations groups live up to the excellence that characterizes Progent. These top-notch contributors to our growth are enabling us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are currently acquiring every month. Progent lately marked the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing operation.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a key for growth with us. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a steady series of network challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Customers choose consultants to do the “hard stuff.” Creative projects, advanced implementations, puzzling or chronic problems, and tricky migrations are the basis for what we do every day. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for network engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every day excited about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by establishing strong client relationships and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented organization through and through. If you do not offer strong communications skills or like cooperating with a varied assortment of personalities, then we are in all likelihood not a good match.
If this seems right for you, we urge you to contact Progent about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well designed and implemented network can be a crucial factor for accelerating a company's growth, and Progent applies this credo in our own network environment. Progent has created a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that enables our staff consultants and authorized contractors to offer fast and effective service, collaborate easily on complex projects, and experience professional and private maturity by acting as part of a dynamic business culture of self motivation and independence.