Among the premier computer consulting companies for business systems, Progent manages a large team of certified service experts who focus on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Enterprise security consulting
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Off-site IT support and network management
Progent's Experts Group, which includes independent consultants certified and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized knowledge covering a broad variety of key software applications and networking technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- BI consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web application software development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database programming and DBA consulting
- Office Access database programming, enhancement and training
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Creative structures for finding customers, providing service, establishing an efficient working environment, and offering highly competitive compensation and benefits have allowed us to be one of the most rapidly growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in America and to build a worldwide presence for delivering remote IT service. If you are a certified IT support professional or information technology expert with a drive for a customer success and excellent people skills, you will find in Progent an opportunity for enhancing your technical knowledge, developing a more independent lifestyle, and achieving economic security.
Learn Additional Details Concerning Working at Progent
Check out these pages to find out additional details about our job opportunities, company culture, work environment, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Work at Progent
Progent is seeking a range of on-staff employees including motivated Microsoft MCSE computer engineers; network consultants with CCIE credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant network design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability systems, business continuity planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. We are also looking for desktop support technicians, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISM or CISSP certified security engineers. Progent is also looking for veteran managers able to perform efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out additional details about full-time professional services work at Progent by referring to Consulting Work at Progent.
Contracting Work at Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants who have specialized expertise and field experience in high-demand IT topics outside Progent's main service focus. Our Experts Group hires independent consultants who can provide consulting and development support for line-of-business solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide expert help in areas like telecom, web site development, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle DBM programming and management. Freelance consultants premier by Progent cooperate with Progent's full-time professionals to deliver end-to-end IT services for small and midsize business networks. If you want to learn additional information about freelance jobs with our Experts Consulting Group, go to Contract Work with Progent.
How Progent Is Exceptional
We have been able to recruit the top consulting experts by being unique. Providing an innovative blend of enterprising spirit, insistence on client success, utilization of advanced technology, and an independent work structure that accommodates quality-of-life choices for Progent's team members, Progent creates a dynamic environment for talented consultants who have a drive for rapidly improving their professional skills to deliver concrete benefits for a range of businesses and technical environments. Find out more details concerning reasons we are different by referring to How We Are Unique.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office network provides advanced technologies that support off-site access, wireless communication, easy availability of Progent's support databases, and instant cooperation with mobile team members to help you to solve business-critical IT issues. Progent's virtual office structure enables consultants to concentrate on providing IT solutions instead of fighting commutes and lets consultants build lasting client relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. In order to find out more details concerning our virtual office network, visit Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is directly based on what you generate. You have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's versatile schedule to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable income by hard effort and lots of hours. Progent also offers full family health care coverage plus many additional benefits. Learn more details concerning Progent's compensation and benefits by going to Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Working with Progent Questions and Answers
For replies to common questions concerning becoming employed by Progent, refer to Consulting at Progent Q&A.
This is a description of Progent's available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a range of small organizations to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information on Desktop Support Expert Job
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small businesses maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The right candidate should be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This position would require experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Details about Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's broad portfolio of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
Specifics about Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining crucial components of consulting propositions that align our services with real business value
- Maintaining excellent relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing IT technology
If you wish to ask about any position listed above, please send your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
Additional Facts About Jobs with Us
Fulltime Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent wants to find staff-level, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE credentials; Cisco accredited network engineers who have Cisco credentials; security professionals who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security credentials; and advanced network architecture experts with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, fault tolerance, business continuity, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for professionals to join Progent's staff of help desk service technicians and remote support professionals. In addition, We are seeking talented administrators who can perform productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, delivering world-class customer care, and following a strong value-based pricing model, Progent has managed to expand our customer list dramatically while providing consulting services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common information base, and a team approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a talented staff and a loyal client list.
If you are a network professional with troubleshooting expertise, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's clients will expand your knowledge through interaction with Progent's staff of highly supportive, talented engineers. Our focus on delivering information technology consulting and computer support to small and midsize organizations will give you the opportunity to work closely with decision makers and add significantly to the success of exciting businesses.
Progent is hiring consultants who have recognized credentials in their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco professionals, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security credentials. Naturally, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” Still, simply because a credential can not ensure excellence is no justification for not earning one. If you know your stuff, then most of those certifications should present no challenge. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then customers expect credentials. We will promote your skills, but you need to provide basic certifications for Progent to work with. If you stand strongly against the concept of certifications, Progent can understand and honor your opinion, but you are likely not a good fit.
Freelance Work for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's computer professionals have provided low-cost and effective network support services for companies in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common technical knowledge base, and a team approach to problem resolution have enabled Progent to build a talented consulting group and dramatically expand a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to offer customers the help of expert computer support professionals who have advanced knowledge and work background in key technologies outside of Progent's core focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are typically independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by us to collaborate with Progent's in-house consultants to provide comprehensive, world-class network services to small companies. We are always expanding our Experts Group in order to address the particular needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group now offers support in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Mission-critical and vertical program support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom program design and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and customer information portal development and integration
- SQL management and efficiency help
- Management information consulting
- Telecommunications architecture support
Benefits of being a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you can leverage the momentum of Progent's explosive growth and excellent recognition in the market. By having a team of talented and committed consultants, offering attentive customer support, and practicing a proven, ROI-focused billing model, we have quadrupled our clientele over the past few years and Progent currently provides consulting services to hundreds of companies in and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff takes care of all facets of marketing your skills and technical knowledge into our rapidly growing customer base, so you spend less effort finding customers and extra time making revenue.
- We will assist in communications between you and Progent's core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who act as the gateway to the decision makers among our customers.
- Our selling and operations staffs will take care of the complete sales and contracting process, from opportunity identification, project qualification, customer requirements definition, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus is on providing high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, offering convenient conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, plus data and voice access throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive knowledge base, processes based on leading practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced information technology professionals.
- We will pass on special benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line access to restricted vendor support utilities and product maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use programs for training and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to become a member of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have the following qualifications to join:
- You must have a strong track record as a consultant working on your own in your field of specialization, including at least a two year record of completed contracting projects and/or have your own active customer base to which you now deliver ongoing support services.
- You must show that you have expertise in your area of specialization, including showing an extensive task-relevant history and excellent references, and have current vendor or industry professional certifications.
- You should be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your skills. You must have strong inter-personal skills and understand how to operate efficiently by yourself or as part of a group.
- You need to know how to articulate proper expectations to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you should be able evaluate tasks, create project plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Network Engineers
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a better consultant by improving your technical knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the top consulting experts for you to operate with, offering an advanced network and communications infrastructure, using proprietary application utilities to enable the highest quality of service, and by streamlining proven operational models for attracting and maintaining customers.
The main factor that separates Progent from typical network support companies is the excellence of our support professionals. Among the scores of consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have recruited top talent across a wide range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other key application, we deploy experts who can help you to be successful on major projects by combining the collective skills of Progent's team of experts.
To promote the success of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in making available the best technology to do the work properly. We will leverage technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows effortless communications, cooperation, and information exchange with other Progent team members — all from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants don’t waste time or lose income with daily commutes to a conventional office building, and any travel you do for in-person client jobs is determined by your own time table, not Progent's. The best benefit is that much of Progent's support work can be performed off-site, offering 100% efficiency for income-producing hours. In practice, some of our team members do remote consulting only.
Progent's business structure is geared towards responding quickly and effectively to customer requirements through knowledge sharing and cooperative problem solving. Although our engineers work with a great deal of independence, dispatching is unified, client problems and solutions are carefully tracked, documented, and organized for easy retrieval, up-to-date consultant schedules are broadcast to streamline group projects and enable trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually evaluated. We reinforce the sense of connection via monthly workgroup meetings and quarterly corporate events.
Most of our consultants are located across California, but we are attracting a rapidly growing group of consulting professionals from across the U.S. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates geographic boundaries that limit the productivity of conventional business models. We complete the deal by providing a comprehensive employee care program to promote the physical health and financial welfare of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consultants, our sales and administration teams live up to the high standards that characterizes Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progent’s growth are enabling us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are currently engaging each month. We lately marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective marketing organization.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with us. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a continual series of technical challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Clients rely on consulting firms to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative projects, advanced deployments, vexing or chronic problems, and difficult upgrades are the basis for what we do daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for computer professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every day excited about the challenges ahead.
On the way, you will work with some great folks, both by building close customer contacts and by operating in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused company through and through. If you don’t offer excellent communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse group of people, then we are in all likelihood not a good fit.
If this sounds good to you, we invite you to contact Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully architected and implemented information system is a crucial piece for enabling a firm's success, and we apply this belief in our corporate system infrastructure. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that enables our staff consultants and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and effective service, cooperate closely on complex jobs, and experience professional and personal growth from acting as part of a dynamic business ethos of self motivation and independence.