One of the premiere computer consultant firms for business systems, Progent manages a full-time team of certified support professionals who focus on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Network security analysis
- Advanced connectivity architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and network management
Our Experts Team, which includes independent experts premier and managed by Progent, provides highly refined skills in a wide variety of critical software areas and network solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Business Intelligence expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based app design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and management help
- Microsoft Office Access application development, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Creative structures for attracting clients, delivering service, maintaining an efficient company culture, and offering generous profit sharing have allowed us to be one of the most rapidly expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the United States and to build a worldwide organization for delivering online IT assistance. If you are an accredited computer technician or network consultant with a drive for a client service and strong people skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent a chance for enhancing your technical knowledge, living a more rewarding career, and achieving financial success.
Find Out More Details Concerning Jobs with Progent
Follow these links to learn more information about Progent's work opportunities, company philosophy, work conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Positions at Progent
We are looking for a variety of on-staff professionals such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer engineers; system experts who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and consultants for advanced network architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop systems, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also hiring desktop support technicians, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA accredited security engineers. Progent is also looking for veteran managers and administrators able to perform efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office model. Learn additional details about staff consulting positions at Progent by visiting Full-time Positions at Progent.
Contract Work with Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals with in-depth knowledge and field background in important IT areas outside Progent's main technical focus. Our Experts Team includes contractors who offer consulting and programming services for line-of-business applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess deep knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer world-class skills in areas such as telecommunications, web site development, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM programming and management. Freelance consultants certified by Progent coordinate with our in-house professionals to provide end-to-end IT services for small and midsize business networks. In order to learn additional details concerning freelance jobs with our Experts Consulting Group, see Contract Work at Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Different
We have managed to attract the best consulting experts by being different. Providing an innovative mix of enterprising spirit, insistence on customer satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, and a flexible business structure that offers quality-of-life options for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating setting for select consultants who posses a drive for quickly enhancing their technical skills to deliver concrete solutions for a range of organizations and network environments. Learn additional information concerning how Progent is unique by visiting How We Are Different.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office model utilizes state-of-the-art technologies that support remote access, wireless communication, convenient access to our knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with talented team members to allow you to deal with business-critical IT issues. Our virtual office setting frees you to focus on delivering service rather than dealing with traffic and helps you establish successful customer relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, effective, and affordable solutions. To find out more information concerning our virtual office business model, visit Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is directly based on the revenue you contribute. You have the choice of focusing on life style and choosing to work at an easy pace, using our flexible schedule to follow personal pursuits, or you can choose to earn considerable money by persistent effort and lots of hours. Progent also offers full family health care insurance plus many additional benefits. Find out more about Progent's compensation and benefit programs by going to Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Working with Progent FAQs
For replies to common enquiries about being employed by Progent, see Consulting at Progent FAQs.
This is a list of Progent's available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a variety of small businesses to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information on Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The right applicant would be a computer consultant with expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This position calls for experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
More information on Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's extensive portfolio of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining crucial components of service propositions that associate Progent's deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly evolving IT technology
If you want to apply for any opening listed above, please e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job codes of the positions that interest you.
More Information About Jobs with Us
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent wants to find staff-level, results-driven Microsoft certified consultants with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco accredited network engineers with Cisco certification; security consultants with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security certification; and advanced network design experts with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, data preservation, and VMware. Progent also seeks professionals who can join our team of desktop support technicians and off-site troubleshooting professionals. Also, Progent is hiring experienced managers who can perform productively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of talented and motivated consultants, delivering world-class customer services, and following a strong results-focused pricing model, We have been able to expand our client base dramatically while delivering professional services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared information database, and a group approach to problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a talented staff and a loyal customer list.
For an information technology professional with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or helping our customers can enhance your knowledge via interaction with our group of highly team-oriented, talented engineers. Our focus on providing network consulting and computer help to small companies will offer you the opportunity to collaborate closely with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the success of dynamic businesses.
Progent is looking for consultants that can show verifiable credentials related to their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. In the case of Cisco professionals, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other leading security credentials. Naturally, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, simply because a certificate can not guarantee excellence is no reason for not having one. If you know your field, then the majority of those tests should pose no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself an expert, then clients expect certifications. We can broadcast your skills, but you should have basic credentials for Progent to work with. In case you happen to be adamantly opposed to the concept of certifications, we can understand and respect your position, but you are probably not a good fit.
Contract Work for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's consulting engineers have offered low-cost and successful network consulting expertise for businesses in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common support database, and a team approach to problem solving have enabled Progent to retain a strong in-house team and dramatically expand a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer clients the help of specialized information technology consulting engineers who have in-depth knowledge and field experience in important areas outside of our core concentration in network support and security. Experts Team consultants are often freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by Progent to collaborate with Progent's in-house consultants to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class network solutions to small and midsize businesses. Progent is always expanding the Experts Group to meet the special requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team now provides support in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Line-of-business and vertical program help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Special applications development and deployment
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and client information portal development and integration
- Database support and performance consulting
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications architecture support
Benefits of being a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you can take advantage of the impact of our explosive expansion and excellent recognition in the industry. By maintaining a group of skilled and dedicated consultants, offering excellent customer care, and practicing a strong, value-oriented pricing structure, we have multiplied our clientele over the past several years and Progent now provides consulting support to hundreds of businesses in California and across the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing team takes care of all aspects of marketing your services and technical knowledge into our rapidly growing customer base, so you expend less effort finding clients and extra time making money.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who act as the conduit to the decision makers among Progent's clients.
- Our sales and operations staffs will take care of the complete sales and contracting cycle, from opportunity identification, job approval, customer needs description, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility is on delivering high-level consulting service.
- Progent will gives you access to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, offering convenient conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, plus data and voice connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our vast database, procedures based on leading practices, library of professional publications, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert consulting engineers.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, web connections to special vendor support tools and technical support resources, and on-line in-house use software for training and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become part of our Experts Team, but Progent has strict qualifications for membership:
- You need to show a strong background as a consulting professional working on your own in your field of expertise, including at least a two year history of successful contracting projects or you must have your own active customer base to which you now provide ongoing consulting services.
- You need to demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of specialization, including showing an extensive task-relevant record and excellent references, and have current vendor or industry professional qualifications.
- You need to be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You should have strong people skills and be able to operate effectively alone or as a member of a group.
- You need to know how to articulate proper expectations to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you must know how analyze jobs, produce project plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Network Consultants
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a more capable professional by improving your technical knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the best consulting experts for you to operate with, offering an advanced system infrastructure, running custom application tools to enable the highest quality of support, and by streamlining proven business structures for attracting and retaining customers.
The decisive factor that separates us from most network support companies is the quality of our support professionals. Out of the scores of consultants who have joined us, we have recruited the best expertise across a broad array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other vital application, we engage professionals who can enable you to be successful on larger jobs by combining the aggregate experience of our group of professionals.
To promote the success of our consultants, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful tools to perform the work efficiently. We will exploit information technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables effortless connectivity, cooperation, and information sharing with fellow Progent team members — all from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t waste time or forfeit revenue with regular drives to a physical office building, and all travel you do for on-site client work is determined by your own schedule, not ours. The best part is that most of Progent's consulting services can be performed off-site, representing 100% efficiency for income-producing hours. In practice, some of our team members do off-site consulting exclusively.
Our business structure is set up for responding quickly and effectively to customer requirements via knowledge sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Although our consultants operate with a high level of freedom, dispatching is unified, customer problems and solutions are carefully monitored, documented, and organized for convenient reference, up-to-date consultant schedules are published to streamline team tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and client approval is always evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of connection through monthly workgroup meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are located throughout California, however we are attracting a quickly growing group of network experts from across the United States. Our virtual office environment does away with geographic obstacles that restrict the productivity of conventional company structures. We complete the deal by offering a full benefit program to promote the health and economic security of our employees and their families.
Just as we have world-class consultants, our sales and operations teams match the excellence that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progent’s success are helping us to target and sign up the scores of new clients we are now acquiring every month. Progent recently celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales operation.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a key for success with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of technical challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Clients choose consulting firms to do the “hard stuff.” Innovative projects, advanced deployments, vexing or entrenched issues, and tricky migrations are the basis for what we do every day. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for network professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some great folks, both by establishing close customer contacts and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused company from top to bottom. If you don’t have excellent people skills or like working with a diverse group of personalities, then Progent is probably a poor match.
If all this sounds right for you, we invite you to talk to us about our view of the future of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and executed network can be a crucial factor for enabling any company's success, and Progent follows this belief in our own network infrastructure. Progent has created a non-stop virtual office network that allows Progent's in-house engineers and authorized contractors to deliver fast and effective support, cooperate easily on sophisticated jobs, and experience professional and personal maturity from being a member of a dynamic business culture of self motivation and freedom.