Among America's premiere computer consulting firms for business networks, Progent manages a full-time team of talented support professionals who concentrate on core technologies including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP products
- Enterprise security analysis
- Advanced system architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and network management
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts independent consultants premier and managed by Progent, offers highly specialized skills in a broad range of critical software areas and network solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Business Intelligence expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Web-based application design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and management help
- Microsoft Access database application programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 online training
Innovative structures for acquiring customers, delivering service, nurturing an efficient company culture, and offering highly competitive profit sharing have allowed Progent to become among the fastest growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the United States and to establish a worldwide presence for providing remote IT support. If you are a certified IT technician or information technology expert with a focus on a customer success and strong communication skills, consultants should consider Progent an opportunity for enhancing your technical skills, developing a more independent career, and attaining economic security.
Find Out More Information Concerning Jobs at Progent
Check out these pages to learn more details about our work openings, business culture, work environment, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
We are seeking a variety of full-time workers such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer engineers; connectivity consultants with CCIE certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant system architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability systems, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also hiring workstation support experts, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISA or CISM certified security engineers. Progent is also seeking experienced managers able to perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out additional details about staff professional services work at Progent by referring to Full-time Work at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants with proven knowledge and hands-on experience in important information technology topics beyond Progent's primary technical concentration. Progent's Experts Team includes freelance consultants who can provide consulting and development support for strategic solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have specialized expertise with popular platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide expert skills in areas such as telecommunications, web development, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM development and administration. Independent contractors certified by Progent cooperate with our full-time consultants to deliver end-to-end IT services for small and midsize business networks. In order to learn more details concerning contracting jobs with our Experts Consulting Group, go to Contracting Work with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Unique
Progent has been able to recruit the top professional talent by being different. With a powerful blend of entrepreneurial spirit, dedication to customer success, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, and a flexible work structure that accommodates quality-of-life choices for our consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic culture for talented individuals who posses a drive for rapidly enhancing their technical abilities to create concrete benefits for a range of organizations and technical environments. Learn additional details about how we are unique by visiting Reasons That Progent Is Unique.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office network utilizes state-of-the-art technical tools that support off-site access, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of our support databases, and instant collaboration with mobile team members to allow you to solve challenging network problems. Our virtual office network enables consultants to focus on delivering service rather than fighting commutes and lets you build successful customer relationships by enabling you to provide quick, viable, and affordable solutions. If you want to learn more information about Progent's virtual office network, go to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is entirely tied to what you generate. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our versatile schedule to make time for individual pursuits, or you can choose to make significant income through persistent work and long hours. Progent also provides comprehensive family health insurance as well as numerous other benefits. Find out more concerning our compensation model and benefits by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Employment at Progent Questions and Answers
For answers to common questions concerning being a consultant at Progent, visit Employment at Progent Q&A.
Below is a description of our present job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to help a range of small and midsize organizations to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize businesses manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Senior Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The ideal applicant would be a technical consultant with expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This role would require experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these platforms.
Details on Senior Exchange Expert Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's broad portfolio of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
Details on Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining key elements of engagement proposals which associate our services with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing technology
If you want to ask about any job shown above, please send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the job codes of the positions of interest.
More Information About Work at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent wants to hire staff-level, results-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco certified system consultants with CCIE certification; security consultants who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security certification; and advanced system architecture consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high availability, workplace recovery, information preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks professionals to work on our team of helpdesk service specialists and remote support professionals. Also, Progent is seeking experienced administrators who can operate productively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of talented and dedicated professionals, providing world-class client services, and following a strong results-based fee model, We have managed to increase our client list dramatically while delivering professional services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared knowledge database, and a team strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a loyal client list.
If you are an information technology professional with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or working for our clients will expand your skills through cooperation with our staff of mutually team-oriented, expert consultants. Progent's focus on delivering network consulting and technical support to small and midsize organizations will give you the chance to collaborate closely with key players and add appreciably to the growth of dynamic businesses.
We are looking for consultants that can show verifiable certification in their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your Microsoft MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco consultants, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have earned you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security certifications. Naturally, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Still, the fact that a certificate can not ensure expertise is no excuse for not owning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of these tests should pose no challenge. The point is that if you are a professional, then customers deserve to see credentials. Progent will market your talents, but you should provide standard certifications for Progent to market. In case you happen to be adamantly against the idea of credentials, we can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Freelance Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, our consulting professionals have offered low-cost and successful computer support services for companies in the and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common technical database, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a talented consulting group and quickly grow a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer customers the help of expert computer consulting engineers who have in-depth skills and work background in key technologies outside of our primary focus in system support and security. Experts Team members are often freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by Progent to collaborate with Progent's in-house consultants to deliver comprehensive, world-class information technology solutions to small businesses. We are continually enhancing our Experts Team to meet the particular needs of our clients.
Our Experts Group currently offers support in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Mission-critical and vertical application help
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Special applications development and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal design and integration
- DBM management and performance consulting
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecom architecture consulting
Advantages of being a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you can take advantage of the momentum of Progent's explosive expansion and excellent reputation in the industry. By maintaining a team of skilled and committed professionals, providing excellent client support, and following a strong, ROI-oriented pricing model, we have quadrupled our customer base during the past several years and Progent now delivers professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff takes care of all facets of promoting your services and areas of knowledge into our quickly expanding client base, so you spend less effort signing up clients and extra time making revenue.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and Progent's key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who act as the gateway to the key executives among Progent's customers.
- Progent's selling and operations groups will take care of the entire sales and contracting cycle, from lead generation, project qualification, customer requirements description, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility stays with delivering top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will gives you connections to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including convenient conference locations in the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast database, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the shared experience from one of 's largest pool of expert information technology professionals.
- We will share special benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line access to special vendor support tools and product maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use programs for education or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to become part of our Experts Team, but Progent has these qualifications for membership:
- You need to show a strong background as a consultant operating on your own in your area of expertise, including at least a two year history of completed consulting projects and/or have an active customer base to which you now provide continuing consulting activity.
- You have to demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of specialization, including showing an extensive work-related record and strong references, and have up-to-date vendor and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You have to know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You should have excellent inter-personal skills and understand how to operate successfully alone or as a member of a team.
- You need to be able to communicate realistic goals to customers and other Progent consultants and you should be able analyze projects, produce project plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's company culture will make you a more capable professional by improving your information technology skills and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the best consulting experts for you to operate with, offering an advanced system architecture, using specialized application utilities to enable the maximum level of service, and by optimizing proven operational models for attracting and keeping customers.
The most important factor that separates us from most network support companies is the high quality of our support professionals. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have assembled top talent covering a wide range of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Apple, Linux, VMware, or other vital technologies, we engage professionals who can help you to be successful on major jobs by leveraging the collective skills of Progent's group of experts.
To promote the success of our team, we invest heavily in making available the best tools to do the job properly. Progent will exploit information technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables effortless communications, collaboration, and information sharing with other Progent consultants — entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. You don’t waste time or forfeit revenue with regular commutes to a physical office, and all travel you do for in-person client jobs is determined by your own time table, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that most of Progent's support work can be done remotely, representing maximum productivity for billable hours. In practice, some of our team members do off-site support only.
Our business structure is set up for reacting rapidly and efficiently to client requirements through information exchange and cooperative problem solving. Although our consultants work with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, customer problems and resolutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and organized for easy retrieval, up-to-date consultant availability is broadcast to facilitate team projects and enable problem escalation, and client approval is always monitored. We strengthen the sense of cooperation via periodic workgroup meetings and regular corporate events.
Most of our consultants are located throughout California, but we are attracting a quickly expanding group of consulting experts from across America. Progent's virtual office environment does away with regional obstacles that limit the efficiency of conventional business models. We complete the deal by providing a full benefit program to promote the physical health and economic welfare of our team members and their families.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and operations groups live up to the high standards that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progent’s growth are enabling us to identify and sign up the scores of new clients we are now engaging each month. We lately celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong sales operation.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of technical challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Customers choose consultants to do the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, advanced implementations, puzzling or chronic issues, and difficult migrations are the basis for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for network professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every morning excited about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by establishing close client contacts and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented company through and through. If you do not offer strong communications skills or enjoy working with a varied group of personalities, then we are probably a poor match.
If this sounds good to you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well architected and implemented information system can be a pivotal piece for accelerating a company's growth, and we follow this belief in our corporate network infrastructure. We have built a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that enables our in-house consultants and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and effective service, collaborate closely on complex projects, and experience career and private maturity by being a member of an exciting business culture of personal drive and independence.