One of the premiere IT consulting companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a full-time staff of certified service professionals who concentrate on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Enterprise security expertise
- Sophisticated connectivity architecture
- Remote IT support and network management
Our Experts Group, which contracts independent consultants certified and managed by Progent, offers highly refined skills in a wide range of key business applications and networking technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- BI expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Web app design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database application development, migration and training
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Creative structures for attracting customers, delivering support, nurturing a dynamic working environment, and offering highly competitive profit sharing have enabled us to become one of the fastest growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in America and to establish an international presence for delivering online network support. If you are an accredited computer technician or network consultant with an orientation towards a customer success and strong communication skills, you will discover Progent an opportunity for increasing your professional knowledge, living a more rewarding career, and achieving economic security.
Learn Additional Information About Jobs at Progent
Check out these links to find out more details about Progent's work openings, company culture, work environment, compensation structure, and benefits:
Full-time Careers at Progent
Progent is looking for a range of on-staff professionals including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer consultants; network consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant system design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop environments, business continuity planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also hiring workstation support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP or CISA certified security consultants. We are also seeking veteran managers who can perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn more details concerning staff consulting positions at Progent by referring to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contracting Work with Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants with specialized expertise and working background in crucial IT areas outside Progent's main service concentration. Progent's Experts Group employs contractors who can provide consulting and programming services for line-of-business applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have specialized expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer expert skills in areas like telecom, web development, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle Database programming and management. Independent contractors premier by Progent coordinate with our in-house professionals to provide comprehensive IT services for small and midsize business networks. If you want to learn additional details about contracting opportunities with Progent's Experts Team, refer to Contract Opportunities with Progent.
Reasons That We Are Different
Progent has managed to recruit the top consulting talent by being unique. Providing a powerful mix of enterprising spirit, commitment to client satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus a flexible business model that allows for quality-of-life choices for Progent's team members, Progent offers a stimulating setting for talented individuals who have a desire for rapidly enhancing their professional abilities to deliver concrete solutions for a variety of organizations and network environments. Find out more details about reasons we are unique by going to How We Are Unique.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office model uses state-of-the-art technologies that allow remote access, wireless communication, convenient availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with talented colleagues to help you to handle business-critical network problems. Progent's virtual office network allows you to focus on delivering IT solutions rather than dealing with commutes and helps you build successful client relationships by permitting you to provide quick, effective, and affordable solutions. In order to learn additional information about Progent's virtual office network, go to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is directly determined by the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the option of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to work at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's versatile schedule to follow personal pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to make considerable money by hard work and long consulting time. Progent also offers comprehensive family health care coverage plus numerous other benefits. Learn additional details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by referring to Progent Compensation Model and Benefits.
Jobs at Progent FAQs
To see answers to common enquiries about becoming a consultant at Progent, go to Consulting at Progent FAQs.
This is a list of Progent's present job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant -
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a range of small businesses to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment projects. The ideal candidate would be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This role calls for a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's extensive selection of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and explaining crucial elements of engagement proposals that associate Progent's services with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing technology
Specifics on Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to ask about any position listed above, you should e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Please include the code numbers of the positions of interest.
Details Concerning Opportunities with Us
Career Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Technicians
Progent wants to hire staff-level, results-driven Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco accredited network consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; security consultants with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security certification; and high-end network design experts with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high uptime, workplace recovery, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for professionals who can work on our staff of help desk support technicians and off-site troubleshooting professionals. Also, Progent is looking for experienced administrators who can perform productively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of talented and dedicated professionals, delivering world-class customer services, and following a strong results-based fee structure, We have been able to expand our customer base rapidly while delivering consulting services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared information base, and a team approach to problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a loyal customer base.
For an information technology consultant with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or helping our clients can expand your skills through cooperation with our staff of mutually supportive, talented consultants. Progent's focus on providing network expertise and technical support to small companies will offer you the opportunity to work closely with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the success of exciting businesses.
Progent is looking for technical professionals that can show recognized credentials in their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security certifications. Naturally, we are aware of "paper experts". Notwithstanding, the fact that a certificate does not guarantee excellence is no reason for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of those certifications should pose no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you call yourself a professional, then clients expect credentials. Progent can broadcast your talents, but you must provide standard credentials for us to work with. In case you are strongly opposed to the concept of certifications, we can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's information technology engineers have provided low-cost and effective computer consulting services for small businesses in the and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common technical knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have helped Progent to retain a strong staff and quickly grow a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to offer customers the services of expert information technology support engineers who have advanced knowledge and field experience in key areas outside of Progent's primary focus in system support and security. Experts Team consultants are typically independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by Progent to work closely with our in-house engineers to deliver comprehensive, world-class network services to small and midsize companies. We are always expanding the Experts Team to meet the special requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Group now provides consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Line-of-business and specialized application help
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom applications development and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and client information portal design and deployment
- DBM support and efficiency help
- Business information consulting
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Advantages of being a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to benefit from the momentum of Progent's explosive expansion and top-notch reputation in the market. By maintaining a team of talented and committed professionals, providing attentive customer support, and practicing a strong, ROI-oriented billing structure, Progent has multiplied our clientele over the past few years and Progent now delivers consulting support to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the United States.
- Our veteran marketing team takes care of all aspects of marketing your services and areas of expertise into our rapidly growing customer base, so you spend less effort finding clients and more time generating money.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and our key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who act as the conduit to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Our selling and administration staffs will manage the entire sales and engagement process, from opportunity generation, project approval, client requirements definition, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus is on delivering top-quality consulting service.
- We will gives you connections to our sophisticated virtual office environment, offering convenient meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive database, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of professional publications, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest independent groups of expert information technology engineers.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, on-line connections to restricted vendor support tools and product support resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for education and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to become part of our Experts Group, but Progent has these qualifications for membership:
- You should show a strong track record as a consultant working on your own in your field of expertise, including at least a two year history of completed contracting projects and/or have an active customer base for whom you currently deliver ongoing consulting services.
- You must show that you have expertise in your area of concentration, which includes having a long task-relevant record and excellent referrals, and possess current vendor or industry professional certifications.
- You need to be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your skills. You need to have strong communications skills and understand how to operate effectively alone or as part of a group.
- You should be able to communicate realistic expectations to customers and fellow Progent team members and you need to know how scope out projects, create task plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a more capable professional by improving your information technology knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the top professional talent for you to operate with, offering an advanced network and communications architecture, running custom application tools to deliver the maximum level of service, and by optimizing our business models for finding and keeping customers.
The main factor that separates us from other network support firms is the high caliber of our consultants. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited top expertise covering a broad array of technologies. Whether itís Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux, VMware, or other key technologies, we engage professionals who can help you to be effective on major projects by leveraging the aggregate skills of our team of experts.
To promote the success of Progent's consultants, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful technology to perform the work properly. We will exploit technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office environment enables seamless communications, collaboration, and information exchange with fellow Progent consultants ó all from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants donít throw away time or lose revenue with daily drives to a physical office building, and any travel you do for in-person client work is determined by your own schedule, not Progent's. The best part is that much of our support services can be done remotely, offering maximum efficiency for billable time. In practice, some Progent staff do off-site support only.
Progent's operations are geared towards responding rapidly and effectively to client needs through knowledge exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Although our engineers operate with a high level of independence, resource allocation is unified, client problems and solutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and archived for convenient reference, up-to-date engineer availability is broadcast to streamline team tasks and simplify problem escalation, and client approval is continually evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation via periodic workgroup meetings and regular corporate events.
Most of our consultants are situated throughout California, but Progent is attracting a rapidly expanding team of consulting experts from across the U.S. Our virtual office environment eliminates geographic boundaries that restrict the productivity of conventional business models. We complete the deal by providing a full employee care plan to ensure the health and economic welfare of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consultants, Progent's sales and operations teams match the high standards that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to our success are helping us to target and sign up the scores of new clients we are currently acquiring every month. Progent recently marked the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing organization.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with us. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being exposed to a steady stream of network challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Clients rely on consulting firms to do the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, leading-edge deployments, vexing or entrenched issues, and difficult migrations are the foundation for what we do daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for computer engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by building close client relationships and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused organization through and through. If you donít have excellent communications skills or like working with a varied assortment of personalities, then Progent is probably a poor match.
If all this sounds good to you, we invite you to talk to us about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Success with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well architected and implemented network is a crucial piece for enabling any firm's growth, and Progent applies this credo in our own network infrastructure. We have created a non-stop virtual office network that enables Progent's staff engineers and authorized contractors to offer fast and efficient support, cooperate easily on complex jobs, and experience career and personal growth from acting as part of a dynamic business culture of self motivation and freedom.