One of the premier IT consulting firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a large team of talented support professionals who concentrate on core technologies including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP products
- Network security analysis
- Advanced system infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and network management
Progent's Experts Group, which includes independent consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, provides highly specialized knowledge covering a broad range of critical business applications and network technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- BI expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web app design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and management consulting
- Microsoft Access application programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 consulting
Innovative models for acquiring customers, providing service, establishing an efficient working environment, and offering highly competitive compensation have enabled us to become among the fastest growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the United States and to establish a worldwide presence for delivering online network expertise. If you are a certified computer technician or information technology consultant with a drive for a customer success and excellent people skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent a chance for increasing your professional knowledge, living a more rewarding career, and achieving financial security.
Learn More Information About Working at Progent
Check out these pages to learn more information about our work opportunities, business philosophy, work environment, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Careers at Progent
Progent is looking for a variety of on-staff professionals such as motivated Microsoft MCSE network consultants; network experts who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant network architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability systems, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. We are also seeking desktop support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISM or CISSP accredited security consultants. Progent is also looking for experienced managers and administrators able to operate efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out additional information concerning staff professional services work at Progent by visiting Full-time Positions at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities with Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants who have specialized expertise and field experience in high-demand IT topics beyond our primary technical concentration. Our Experts Group hires contractors who offer consulting and programming support for line-of-business applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have in-depth expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide world-class help in areas like telecom, web design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and management. Independent consultants premier by Progent cooperate with Progent's in-house consultants to provide comprehensive solutions for small business networks. If you want to find out more details concerning freelance opportunities with our Experts Team, go to Contract Opportunities at Progent.
How Progent Is Different
Progent has been able to recruit the best consulting experts by being unique. Providing a powerful blend of enterprising drive, insistence on customer satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus an independent business structure that offers quality-of-life choices for Progent's team members, Progent creates a stimulating setting for select individuals who have a drive for quickly improving their professional skills to deliver real-world solutions for a range of organizations and technical environments. Learn more information about reasons we are unique by referring to Reasons That We Are Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office environment provides state-of-the-art technical tools that enable off-site access, wireless connectivity, easy access to Progent's knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with talented colleagues to allow you to handle challenging IT issues. Our virtual office model enables consultants to concentrate on delivering service rather than fighting commutes and helps consultants build lasting client relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, viable, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to learn more details about our virtual office work environment, go to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefits
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is entirely based on what you generate. You have the choice of focusing on quality of life and electing to consult at an easy pace, using Progent's versatile structure to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn significant income through persistent work and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers complete family health care insurance as well as many additional benefits. Learn additional details about Progent's compensation and benefits by visiting Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Working with Progent Questions and Answers
For replies to frequent questions about being a consultant at Progent, refer to Jobs at Progent FAQs.
Here is a list of our available job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a variety of small organizations to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Jobs
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize businesses manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Senior Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation projects. The ideal candidate should be a technical consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This position demands experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these technologies.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's comprehensive selection of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Specifics on Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating crucial elements of service propositions which align our deliverables with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually evolving technology
If you would like to apply for any job shown above, you should e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
Details About Jobs at Progent
Career Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent wants to hire full-time, results-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE credentials; Cisco accredited network consultants with CCIE credentials; security professionals with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security certification; and advanced system architecture consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high uptime, workplace recovery, data preservation, and VMware. Progent also is hiring employees to work on Progent's team of desktop support technicians and remote support experts. Also, Progent is seeking talented administrators able to perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of skilled and motivated professionals, delivering attentive client care, and offering a competitive results-based pricing model, Progent has managed to increase our client base dramatically while delivering consulting services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared knowledge base, and a team strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a loyal client base.
If you are an information technology consultant with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's customers will expand your knowledge through interaction with Progent's group of highly supportive, talented engineers. Our commitment to delivering information technology consulting and technical help to small companies will give you the opportunity to work closely with decision makers and add appreciably to the growth of exciting companies.
We are looking for consultants who can show recognized certification in their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco professionals, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For network security, you should have you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other leading security certifications. Naturally, we are aware of "paper experts". Notwithstanding, the fact that a certificate does not ensure excellence is no reason for not earning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of these certifications should be no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then customers expect certifications. We can promote your skills, but you need to have basic credentials for Progent to market. In case you are strongly opposed to the concept of credentials, we can sympathize with and honor your opinion, but you are likely not a good fit.
Freelance Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's computer professionals have provided affordable and effective network consulting expertise for businesses in the and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common technical knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have helped us to retain a strong staff and quickly expand a loyal clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to offer clients the services of expert computer support engineers who have advanced skills and field experience in important areas beyond Progent's core concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group consultants are often independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by Progent to work closely with our in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology services to small and midsize companies. We are always enhancing the Experts Team in order to address the particular needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Group now offers consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Strategic and specialized application help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special program development and integration
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and customer information portal design and deployment
- Database management and efficiency help
- Business information expertise
- Telecommunications systems support
Benefits of becoming part of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you get to take advantage of the momentum of our explosive growth and excellent recognition in the industry. By having a team of talented and dedicated professionals, offering excellent customer support, and practicing a strong, ROI-focused billing model, Progent has quadrupled our customer base over the last few years and Progent currently provides professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing team takes care of all aspects of promoting your skills and areas of expertise into our rapidly growing client base, so you expend less time finding clients and extra time making money.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who are the gateway to the key executives among our customers.
- Progent's selling and operations staffs will take care of the entire sales and engagement cycle, from lead generation, job approval, client requirements definition, skills matching, job scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus stays with delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive knowledge base, processes based on best practices, abundance of professional documents, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced consulting engineers.
- We will share special benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, web access to special vendor troubleshooting tools and product maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for education or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to become part of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have the following requirements for membership:
- You must show a proven background as a consulting professional working on your own in your area of specialization, including at least a two year history of successful contracting jobs or you must have an active client base to whom you currently deliver ongoing consulting services.
- You have to demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of specialization, including having a long task-relevant history and strong referrals, and possess current manufacturer or industry professional qualifications.
- You must be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You need to have excellent communications skills and know how to operate successfully alone or as a member of a team.
- You need to know how to articulate proper goals to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you need to be able analyze tasks, create project plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Network Engineers
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by enhancing your technical knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the top professional talent for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, using proprietary software tools to enable the maximum quality of support, and by streamlining our business models for attracting and maintaining customers.
The decisive factor that distinguishes us from ordinary consulting companies is the high caliber of our consulting team. Among the 50 or so consultants who have joined Progent, we have recruited top expertise covering a broad range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux, server virtualization, or other crucial application, we engage professionals who can enable you to be effective on major projects by combining the aggregate experience of our group of experts.
To ensure the success of our team, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful technology to perform the work properly. Progent will leverage information technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables seamless communications, cooperation, and information exchange with fellow Progent team members ó entirely from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants donít throw away time or lose revenue because of regular drives to a physical office, and any travel you do for on-site customer jobs is based on your own schedule, not ours. The best benefit is that much of Progent's consulting services can be done off-site, representing 100% productivity for income-producing time. In fact, some Progent team members do remote consulting exclusively.
Our operations are set up for reacting rapidly and effectively to client needs through knowledge exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Although Progent's engineers operate with a high level of independence, resource allocation is centralized, customer issues and resolutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and archived for convenient retrieval, current engineer schedules are published to streamline team projects and simplify problem escalation, and customer approval is always monitored. We reinforce the feeling of connection via periodic workgroup meetings and regular corporate events.
Most of our team is situated throughout California, however we are attracting a quickly expanding team of consulting professionals from across America. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic obstacles that limit the efficiency of traditional company structures. We complete the package by offering a full employee care program to ensure the physical health and financial welfare of our employees and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, our marketing and administration teams live up to the high standards that is Progent. These high-performance factors behind our growth are helping us to target and land the 50-60 new clients we are now engaging every month. Progent recently marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing operation.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a steady series of network challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Customers choose consultants to do the toughest jobs. Creative projects, leading-edge deployments, vexing or chronic problems, and tricky migrations are the foundation for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for computer engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every morning excited about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will meet some great people, both by establishing strong customer contacts and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company through and through. If you donít offer strong people skills or like working with a varied group of personalities, then we are in all likelihood a poor fit.
If this sounds right for you, we invite you to contact Progent about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well designed and implemented information system is a crucial factor for accelerating any firm's growth, and Progent follows this credo in our own network infrastructure. We have built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows our staff engineers and authorized contractors to deliver fast and efficient service, collaborate easily on sophisticated projects, and experience career and private maturity by being part of an exciting company ethos of self motivation and independence.