Among the top IT consultant firms for business networks, Progent manages a large staff of talented service professionals who focus on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security analysis
- Advanced network architecture
- Remote IT support and system administration
Progent's Experts Group, which includes independent consultants premier and managed by Progent, offers highly refined skills in a wide variety of key business areas and network solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- BI expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project management services
- Web-based application software development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and management help
- Office Access application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Creative structures for finding clients, delivering service, establishing an efficient company culture, and offering generous profit sharing have enabled Progent to become among the most rapidly expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the U.S. and to establish a worldwide organization for delivering online network assistance. If you are a certified IT technician or information technology expert with a focus on a customer service and strong people skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent an opportunity for adding to your professional skills, living a more rewarding career, and achieving financial success.
Find Out Additional Information Concerning Jobs at Progent
Check out these links to find out additional details concerning Progent's job opportunities, business culture, operational environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Positions at Progent
Progent is hiring a variety of on-staff workers such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE computer consultants; connectivity consultants with Cisco credentials; and specialists in advanced network architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop environments, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and VMware technology. Progent is also seeking workstation support technicians, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP or CISA accredited security consultants. Progent is also hiring veteran managers able to perform efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office model. Learn additional details concerning staff consulting positions at Progent by visiting Consulting Careers at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities at Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants who have specialized knowledge and working experience in crucial IT areas beyond our primary service concentration. Progent's Experts Group includes freelance consultants who offer advice and development services for mission-critical applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have specialized knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer world-class skills in technologies such as telecommunications, web site design, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle DBM development and management. Independent consultants certified by us coordinate with Progent's staff professionals to provide comprehensive solutions for small and midsize business networks. To learn additional information about freelance work with our Experts Team, refer to Contracting Opportunities with Progent.
Reasons That We Are Different
Progent has managed to recruit the top consulting talent by being unique. Providing a powerful blend of entrepreneurial spirit, insistence on customer success, utilization of advanced technical tools, and an independent work model that accommodates life-style choices for Progent's team members, Progent creates a dynamic setting for select individuals who have a drive for rapidly improving their technical skills to create real-world solutions for a range of businesses and network environments. Learn more information concerning ways that Progent is exceptional by referring to Reasons That We Are Different.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office model provides advanced technologies that enable remote access, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with talented team members to allow you to handle business-critical IT problems. Progent's virtual office setting enables you to focus on providing service instead of fighting traffic and lets consultants establish lasting customer relationships by permitting you to provide fast, viable, and affordable solutions. If you want to learn additional information about Progent's virtual office work environment, visit Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you make is wholly determined by the revenue you generate. You have the option of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, using our flexible schedule to make time for personal pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to make significant money by persistent effort and lots of hours. Progent also provides complete family health care insurance plus numerous additional benefits. Find out more about our compensation and benefit packages by visiting Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see answers to frequent enquiries about being a consultant at Progent, refer to Working with Progent FAQs.
The following is a list of some available job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert -
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a variety of small businesses to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details on Desktop Support Expert Job
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize organizations manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Senior Exchange Consultant - , Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Exchange design and implementation projects. The right candidate would be a technical consultant with mastery in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This role would require experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and support of these platforms.
Details on Senior Exchange Expert Positions
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's comprehensive selection of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and explaining crucial elements of consulting proposals which align our services with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining excellent relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving IT technology
Specifics on Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to enquire about any job shown above, please send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to state the code numbers of the positions of interest.
Details Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to find staff-level, results-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco accredited system consultants with Cisco credentials; security consultants with CISM or equivalent security credentials; and high-end network architecture consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high uptime, disaster recovery, information protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for employees who can work on Progent's team of help desk support technicians and off-site troubleshooting experts. Also, Progent is hiring talented managers able to operate productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of talented and motivated consultants, providing attentive customer services, and following a competitive results-based pricing structure, We have managed to expand our client base dramatically while providing professional services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common knowledge database, and a team strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a skilled staff and a satisfied client base.
If you are an information technology consultant with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or working for Progent's customers can enhance your knowledge via cooperation with our group of mutually team-oriented, expert consultants. Our commitment to delivering network consulting and technical support to small and midsize companies will give you the chance to collaborate closely with decision makers and contribute significantly to the growth of exciting businesses.
Progent is hiring consultants who have recognized certification related to their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. In the case of Cisco experts, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should show you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security credentials. Naturally, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, simply because a credential does not guarantee expertise is no justification for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then most of those tests should present no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then clients expect certifications. We will broadcast your skills, but you must have basic certifications for us to market. If you are adamantly opposed to the concept of credentials, we can understand and honor your position, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Contract Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, our consulting engineers have offered affordable and successful computer support expertise for businesses in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared support knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have helped us to retain a talented in-house team and dramatically grow a loyal clientele.
The Experts Team is our way to offer clients the help of specialized information technology support professionals who have in-depth skills and work background in key areas outside of our core focus in system support and security. Experts Team consultants are typically independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by Progent to collaborate with our in-house engineers to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class network services to small and midsize companies. Progent is always enhancing our Experts Group in order to address the special needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group currently provides consulting in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Line-of-business and vertical application support
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom applications design and integration
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal development and integration
- Database support and performance consulting
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecom architecture support
Benefits of being part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you get to leverage the impact of our explosive expansion and excellent reputation in the market. By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated professionals, offering attentive customer care, and following a proven, ROI-focused pricing model, Progent has multiplied our clientele during the last few years and Progent currently delivers professoinal support to hundreds of companies in California and across the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff handles all aspects of promoting your services and areas of expertise into our quickly growing customer base, so you spend less time signing up customers and more time generating revenue.
- We will assist in communications between you and our key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who are the conduit to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Our selling and administration teams will take care of the complete selling and engagement cycle, from lead generation, project approval, customer needs definition, skills matching, job scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire focus is on delivering top-quality consulting service.
- We will provide you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering professional conference locations in the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive database, processes based on best practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of expert consulting engineers.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, web connections to restricted vendor support tools and product maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use software for training or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to become part of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has strict qualifications to join:
- You must have a proven background as a consulting professional working independently in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year record of successful contracting projects or you must have your own active customer base for whom you now deliver continuing consulting services.
- You need to show that you have expertise in your area of concentration, which includes showing a long task-relevant record and excellent referrals, and have up-to-date manufacturer or institutional professional certifications.
- You must know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You need to have strong people skills and understand how to operate successfully alone or as a member of a team.
- You need to be able to articulate realistic goals to customers and other Progent team members and you need to know how evaluate projects, create project plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Network Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a better consultant by enhancing your information technology knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the top consulting experts for you to work with, providing an advanced system architecture, running custom application utilities to enable the highest level of service, and by optimizing our operational models for finding and maintaining clients.
The most important factor that differentiates Progent from ordinary consulting companies is the high caliber of our support professionals. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have recruited the best expertise across a broad range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Mac, Linux, VMware, or other key areas, we engage professionals who can enable you to be successful on major projects by leveraging the aggregate experience of our group of experts.
To promote the productivity of our team, we invest significantly in providing the best technology to perform the work efficiently. We will leverage information technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows effortless connectivity, cooperation, and information exchange with fellow Progent consultants — all from home-based or mobile offices. You don’t throw away time or lose income with daily drives to a conventional office building, and any travel you do for in-person customer jobs is based on your time table, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that most of Progent's consulting work can be done off-site, representing maximum productivity for billable time. In practice, some Progent staff do off-site consulting exclusively.
Our operations are set up for responding rapidly and effectively to client needs through information sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Even though our engineers operate with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, client problems and resolutions are carefully tracked, documented, and archived for convenient retrieval, current engineer schedules are broadcast to facilitate team tasks and enable problem escalation, and client approval is always monitored. We strengthen the feeling of connection via periodic team conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are situated across California, however Progent is building a quickly expanding group of consulting professionals from across the U.S. Progent's virtual office environment does away with regional obstacles that restrict the productivity of conventional business structures. We complete the package by providing a full benefit plan to promote the physical health and financial security of our employees and their families.
Just as we have world-class consultants, our marketing and operations groups match the excellence that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to our success are enabling us to identify and land the 50-60 new customers we are currently engaging each month. Progent lately marked the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales organization.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a key for success with us. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of network challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Clients choose consultants to do the “hard stuff.” Creative projects, advanced implementations, vexing or entrenched issues, and tricky migrations are the basis for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for computer engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by building strong customer contacts and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused company through and through. If you don’t offer strong communications skills or like working with a diverse group of personalities, then we are in all likelihood not a good fit.
If all this sounds good to you, we invite you to talk to us about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and executed network is a pivotal piece for accelerating any company's success, and we follow this credo in our own network infrastructure. We have created a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that allows Progent's staff engineers and certified contractors to offer fast and effective support, collaborate closely on sophisticated projects, and gain from professional and personal maturity from acting as part of an exciting company ethos of personal drive and freedom.