Among America's top network consultant firms for business systems, Progent manages a full-time team of certified service professionals who focus on core technologies including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP products
- Network security consulting
- Advanced system infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and network administration
Our Experts Group, which includes independent consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally refined knowledge in a broad variety of key software applications and networking solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Business Intelligence consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web application software design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and management consulting
- Microsoft Access database application development, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 consulting
Innovative structures for finding customers, providing service, maintaining a dynamic company culture, and providing highly competitive profit sharing have enabled us to become one of the fastest growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the U.S. and to build an international organization for delivering remote IT support. If you are a certified computer technician or information technology expert with an orientation towards a client service and strong communication skills, you should consider Progent a chance for adding to your professional knowledge, living a more independent career, and attaining financial success.
Find Out Additional Information Concerning Jobs at Progent
Follow these pages to find out more information about our job opportunities, business philosophy, work conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Work at Progent
Progent is seeking a range of full-time workers including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCP network consultants; network experts who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; and consultants for advanced system design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop environments, business continuity planning, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent is also hiring desktop support experts, off-site service professionals, and CISA accredited security professionals. We are also looking for veteran managers and administrators able to operate effectively in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn additional information concerning staff consulting work at Progent by going to Consulting Work at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities with Progent
Progent works with independent consultants with specialized expertise and working experience in crucial information technology topics outside our primary technical focus. Progent's Experts Group hires independent consultants who offer advice and development support for line-of-business applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have specialized expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer expert skills in technologies like telecom, web development, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM development and management. Independent consultants certified by us cooperate with our staff professionals to deliver comprehensive IT services for small and midsize business networks. To learn more details about contract opportunities with our Experts Team, go to Freelance Opportunities at Progent.
Ways That We Are Different
Progent has managed to attract the best consulting experts by being unique. With a powerful blend of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to client success, use of advanced technical tools, and an independent work model that offers life-style choices for our team members, Progent offers a stimulating setting for talented individuals who posses a desire for rapidly enhancing their technical abilities to deliver real-world solutions for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Find out additional information concerning how we are exceptional by going to Ways That Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office network utilizes state-of-the-art technologies that support off-site access, wireless connectivity, easy access to Progent's knowledge bases, and instant collaboration with mobile colleagues to help you to handle business-critical IT issues. Progent's virtual office model allows you to concentrate on delivering service instead of fighting traffic and lets consultants build lasting customer relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, viable, and affordable solutions. To learn additional details concerning our virtual office infrastructure, go to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is entirely determined by the revenue you contribute. You have the option of concentrating on life style and choosing to work at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's flexible schedule to follow personal pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to make significant income through hard effort and long hours. Progent also provides complete family health insurance plus many additional benefits. Learn more details about our compensation model and benefits by going to Progent Compensation Model and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent FAQs
For replies to frequent questions about becoming a consultant at Progent, go to Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Here is a list of some available job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a range of small businesses to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details about Desktop Engineer Jobs
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small businesses maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Jobs
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The right applicant would be a technical consultant with expertise in Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This role would require a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Details on Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's extensive selection of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Specifics on Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining key components of consulting propositions that associate Progent's deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with customers
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining continually evolving IT technology
If you want to ask about any job listed above, you should e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please copy the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Details About Opportunities with Us
Staff Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to find staff-level, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco certified system engineers with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security consultants with CISM or comparable security credentials; and advanced network architecture experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high availability, business continuity, information preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is hiring professionals to join Progent's team of desktop service technicians and remote troubleshooting professionals. Also, We are seeking talented administrators able to operate productively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of talented and motivated consultants, providing world-class customer services, and offering a strong value-based fee structure, Progent has managed to expand our customer list rapidly while providing professional services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common information base, and a team strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a loyal customer base.
If you are a network professional with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's customers will expand your knowledge through interaction with Progent's group of highly supportive, talented engineers. Progent's commitment to delivering network consulting and computer help to small and midsize companies will give you the opportunity to work intimately with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the success of dynamic businesses.
Progent is hiring technical professionals that have recognized certification in their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. In the case of Cisco consultants, show us your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should show you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security credentials. Naturally, we are familiar with "paper experts". Nevertheless, simply because a certificate can not ensure expertise is no excuse for not earning one. If you know your field, then the majority of those certifications should be no challenge. The point is that if you call yourself an expert, then clients expect credentials. Progent can promote your talents, but you need to provide basic credentials for Progent to market. If you stand strongly against the concept of credentials, Progent can understand and respect your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, our consulting professionals have provided low-cost and successful network consulting expertise for companies in the and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared support knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to build a strong staff and quickly expand a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide clients the services of expert information technology consulting engineers who have advanced skills and work experience in key areas beyond our primary concentration in system support and security. Experts Group members are typically freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by us to work closely with our staff engineers to deliver end-to-end, world-class information technology services to small companies. We are continually expanding our Experts Team to address the particular needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group currently offers support in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Strategic and specialized application help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom program development and integration
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal development and integration
- SQL support and performance help
- Business information expertise
- Telecom architecture support
Benefits of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you get to take advantage of the momentum of our explosive expansion and excellent recognition in the industry. By having a group of talented and dedicated consultants, offering excellent client care, and practicing a strong, ROI-oriented billing model, Progent has quadrupled our clientele over the last several years and Progent currently provides professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing team takes care of all aspects of promoting your services and areas of knowledge into our quickly expanding customer base, so you expend less time finding customers and more time generating money.
- We will facilitate communications between you and Progent's key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who act as the conduit to the influential managers among our clients.
- Progent's sales and operations staffs will take care of the complete sales and engagement process, from opportunity identification, project approval, client requirements description, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive responsibility stays with providing high-level consulting expertise.
- We will provide you connections to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm access throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our vast knowledge base, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest pool of expert consulting professionals.
- We will pass on special benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, on-line access to special vendor support utilities and technical support resources, and downloadable internal use programs for education and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to become a member of our Experts Group, but Progent has strict requirements for membership:
- You need to show a proven background as a consulting professional operating independently in your field of expertise, including at least a two year record of successful contracting jobs or you must have your own active customer base to which you now deliver continuing support activity.
- You must demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of specialization, which includes having a long work-related history and excellent references, and possess up-to-date vendor and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You must know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You must have strong communications skills and understand how to operate successfully alone or as a member of a team.
- You need to be able to communicate proper goals to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you have to be able analyze tasks, create task plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a better consultant by improving your information technology knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the top consulting talent for you to work with, providing an advanced network and communications infrastructure, using specialized application tools to deliver the maximum level of support, and by optimizing proven operational models for finding and retaining clients.
The most important factor that separates us from ordinary network support companies is the excellence of our service staff. Among the scores of consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have assembled the best expertise covering a broad range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Mac, Linux, server virtualization, or other crucial areas, we deploy experts who can help you to be successful on larger jobs by leveraging the aggregate skills of Progent's team of professionals.
To promote the productivity of our team, we invest heavily in making available the best technology to do the job properly. We will exploit information technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables seamless communications, cooperation, and information exchange with other Progent team members — all from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t waste time or lose revenue with daily commutes to a physical office building, and all driving you do for in-person customer work is determined by your schedule, not ours. The best benefit is that most of our support work can be done off-site, representing 100% efficiency for billable hours. In practice, some Progent team members do off-site support exclusively.
Our operations are geared towards reacting rapidly and efficiently to client requirements through knowledge sharing and cooperative problem solving. Although Progent's consultants operate with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, client problems and solutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and organized for convenient retrieval, current engineer availability is published to streamline group projects and simplify problem escalation, and customer approval is always evaluated. We reinforce the sense of connection via periodic workgroup meetings and regular company-wide events.
The majority of our consultants are situated throughout California, but we are building a quickly expanding team of consulting professionals from across America. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with regional boundaries that restrict the efficiency of conventional company models. We complete the package by providing a full benefit plan to promote the physical health and financial welfare of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, our sales and administration groups match the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progent’s success are enabling us to target and land the scores of new clients we are now engaging each month. We recently celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective sales operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of technical challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Clients choose a consultant to do the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, leading-edge deployments, vexing or chronic problems, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for computer professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by establishing close customer relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused company from top to bottom. If you do not offer strong people skills or like cooperating with a diverse assortment of personalities, then we are probably not a good match.
If all this seems good to you, we invite you to talk to us about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully designed and executed network is a pivotal factor for enabling any company's growth, and we apply this credo in our own network environment. We have built a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's in-house engineers and authorized contractors to offer fast and effective support, cooperate easily on complex jobs, and experience professional and personal growth by being a member of a dynamic business culture of self motivation and independence.