Among the premier network consulting firms for business networks, Progent manages a full-time staff of talented service professionals who focus on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Network security consulting
- Sophisticated system architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and network management
Progent's Experts Group, which includes independent experts premier and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized skills covering a broad variety of vital software areas and network solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Web-based app development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Innovative structures for acquiring clients, delivering support, nurturing an efficient company culture, and offering generous compensation have allowed Progent to become among the fastest growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consulting firms in America and to establish a worldwide presence for providing online IT support. If you are an accredited computer support professional or network expert with a focus on a customer service and excellent people skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent an opportunity for adding to your professional knowledge, developing a more rewarding career, and attaining economic security.
Learn More Information About Jobs at Progent
Follow these pages to learn additional details concerning Progent's job openings, business culture, work environment, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Positions at Progent
Progent is seeking a variety of on-staff employees such as experienced Microsoft MCSE network engineers; system experts with Cisco CCIE credentials; and specialists in advanced network design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop systems, disaster recovery planning, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also looking for desktop support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISA or CISM certified security engineers. Progent is also hiring veteran managers and administrators who can operate efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office model. Learn additional information concerning staff professional services jobs at Progent by referring to Consulting Careers at Progent.
Contract Work with Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants with specialized expertise and working background in high-demand IT areas beyond our main service concentration. Progent's Experts Group includes freelance consultants who offer advice and programming services for strategic applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have in-depth knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or can provide world-class help in areas like telecommunications, web site development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and management. Freelance consultants certified by us coordinate with our full-time engineers to provide end-to-end solutions for small business networks. If you want to learn more details about freelance opportunities with our Experts Team, refer to Contracting Opportunities at Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Exceptional
We have managed to attract the top professional talent by being unique. Providing a powerful blend of enterprising spirit, dedication to client satisfaction, utilization of advanced technology, plus a flexible business model that accommodates quality-of-life options for our team members, Progent creates a stimulating culture for select consultants who posses a desire for quickly improving their professional skills to create concrete solutions for a variety of businesses and network environments. Find out additional information concerning ways that we are exceptional by visiting Reasons That We Are Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office network incorporates sophisticated technical tools that support remote access, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of our knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with talented colleagues to help you to resolve business-critical network issues. Progent's virtual office environment allows you to focus on providing IT solutions rather than dealing with commutes and helps consultants establish lasting customer relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. In order to find out additional information about our virtual office business model, visit Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you make is wholly based on the revenue you generate. You have the option of concentrating on quality of life and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our versatile schedule to follow individual pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to earn significant income through persistent work and long consulting time. Progent also provides full family health coverage as well as numerous additional benefits. Learn more concerning Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by referring to Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For answers to frequent questions concerning being a consultant at Progent, go to Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers.
Here is a list of our present job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to help a range of small and midsize businesses to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize businesses maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Sr. Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Exchange planning and deployment projects. The right candidate would be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This position calls for a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these technologies.
More information on Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's extensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
Details on Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating key components of service proposals which tie our deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing IT technology
If you would like to apply for any opening listed above, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Please state the job codes of the positions that interest you.
Details About Work with Us
Staff Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Support Professionals
Progent wants to hire fulltime, results-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco certified system consultants with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security consultants with CISSP or comparable security certification; and high-end system architecture consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, high uptime, business continuity, information protection, and VMware. Progent also is looking for professionals to work on our team of desktop support specialists and off-site troubleshooting experts. In addition, We are seeking experienced managers able to perform productively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of talented and motivated professionals, providing world-class customer care, and following a competitive results-based fee model, Progent has managed to increase our client base dramatically while delivering consulting services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common knowledge database, and a group strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a talented staff and a satisfied client list.
If you are an information technology consultant with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or helping Progent's clients will enhance your skills through cooperation with our staff of highly supportive, talented consultants. Our focus on delivering network consulting and technical help to small and midsize companies will give you the opportunity to work closely with key players and add significantly to the growth of dynamic businesses.
Progent is looking for technical professionals who can show verifiable certification related to their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. For Cisco experts, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have earned you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security credentials. Of course, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Notwithstanding, the fact that a certificate does not ensure excellence is no excuse for not earning one. If you know your field, then the majority of those tests should be no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then customers deserve to see certifications. We will broadcast your skills, but you should have a baseline of credentials for Progent to market. If you happen to be strongly opposed to the idea of credentials, we can understand and respect your opinion, but you are likely not a good fit.
Contract Jobs for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, our consulting engineers have offered affordable and effective network consulting services for companies in the and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common technical database, and a team approach to problem solving have helped Progent to retain a strong in-house team and quickly expand a loyal clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to offer customers the help of expert computer consulting engineers who have advanced knowledge and field background in important technologies outside of our core concentration in system support and security. Experts Group members are typically independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by us to collaborate with our in-house engineers to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology services to small businesses. We are always expanding the Experts Group in order to address the particular requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Group now provides consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Support for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Mission-critical and vertical application support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom program development and integration
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal design and integration
- DBM support and performance consulting
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications architecture support
Advantages of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you can take advantage of the momentum of our explosive growth and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated consultants, offering excellent customer care, and following a strong, value-oriented billing structure, Progent has multiplied our customer base during the past several years and Progent now provides professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the United States.
- Our experienced marketing team takes care of all aspects of marketing your skills and areas of expertise into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you spend less effort signing up clients and extra time making money.
- We will assist in communications between you and Progent's key team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who are the conduit to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Progent's selling and administration groups will manage the entire sales and engagement cycle, from opportunity identification, project qualification, customer requirements definition, capabilities matching, job scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus stays with delivering high-level consulting service.
- We will gives you access to our advanced virtual office environment, offering convenient conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's extensive knowledge base, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of professional documents, and the shared experience from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced information technology professionals.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, web access to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical maintenance resources, and on-line internal use software for education or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to become part of our Experts Group, but Progent has these requirements to join:
- You must have a strong background as a consultant working on your own in your area of specialization, including at least a two year record of completed consulting projects or you must have an active client base for whom you now deliver ongoing consulting activity.
- You have to demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of concentration, which includes showing a long task-relevant record and excellent referrals, and possess up-to-date vendor or industry professional qualifications.
- You have to know how to present yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You need to have excellent inter-personal skills and know how to operate effectively by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You need to know how to articulate proper expectations to customers and other Progent team members and you have to be able analyze tasks, produce project plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by enhancing your technical skills and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the best professional experts for you to operate with, providing an advanced system architecture, running specialized application tools to enable the highest quality of service, and by streamlining proven operational structures for attracting and retaining customers.
The decisive factor that separates us from other consulting firms is the high quality of our consulting team. Among the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited the best expertise covering a broad range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Apple, Linux, virtual servers, or other key areas, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be effective on major jobs by leveraging the aggregate experience of our group of experts.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's team, we invest significantly in making available the best technology to do the work efficiently. We will leverage information technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows seamless communications, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with other Progent team members — entirely from at-home or mobile offices. You don’t waste time or lose revenue because of daily drives to a conventional office building, and all driving you do for in-person customer work is determined by your schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that most of Progent's consulting work can be done off-site, offering maximum productivity for billable time. In fact, some Progent team members do off-site support only.
Our business structure is set up for responding rapidly and efficiently to customer needs via knowledge exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Even though Progent's consultants operate with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is unified, client issues and solutions are carefully tracked, documented, and archived for easy retrieval, current consultant availability is broadcast to facilitate group projects and enable trouble escalation, and customer approval is always evaluated. We reinforce the sense of cooperation through periodic workgroup meetings and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are situated throughout California, however Progent is attracting a rapidly expanding group of network experts from across the United States. Progent's virtual office environment does away with regional obstacles that restrict the efficiency of traditional company models. We complete the package by providing a comprehensive benefit plan to ensure the physical health and financial security of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, Progent's marketing and administration teams match the excellence that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progent’s growth are helping us to identify and sign up the scores of new customers we are now acquiring each month. Progent recently celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong marketing organization.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with us. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a continual series of technical challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Customers rely on a consultant to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, advanced implementations, puzzling or entrenched issues, and tricky migrations are the foundation for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for computer professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some great folks, both by building strong customer relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization from top to bottom. If you don’t offer excellent people skills or like working with a varied assortment of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good match.
If this sounds good to you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and executed information system is a pivotal piece for accelerating a company's success, and Progent follows this belief in our own system environment. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's staff engineers and certified contractors to deliver fast and efficient support, cooperate closely on complex jobs, and experience career and personal growth from being a member of a dynamic company ethos of self motivation and freedom.