Among America's top network consultant companies for business systems, Progent manages a large team of talented support experts who focus on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security expertise
- Advanced system architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and system management
Our Experts Group, which contracts independent experts premier and coordinated by Progent, offers highly refined knowledge in a wide range of vital business applications and networking solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web app design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and management help
- Microsoft Access database development, migration and troubleshooting
- Office and Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative models for finding clients, delivering support, establishing an efficient working environment, and providing generous compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to be one of the most rapidly expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant firms in America and to build an international presence for providing online network assistance. If you are an accredited IT technician or network expert with an orientation towards a customer success and strong people skills, you will discover Progent a chance for enhancing your professional knowledge, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining economic success.
Learn Additional Information About Jobs with Progent
Follow these pages to find out more information about our work opportunities, company philosophy, operational conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Work at Progent
We are seeking a range of full-time employees including motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer consultants; network experts with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; and specialists in advanced system architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop systems, business continuity planning, data protection, and virtual servers. We are also seeking workstation support experts, remote troubleshooting professionals, and CISM or CISSP certified security engineers. We are also looking for experienced managers and administrators who can perform efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out additional information concerning staff consulting jobs at Progent by referring to Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities with Progent
Progent works with independent consultants with in-depth knowledge and working background in crucial information technology areas outside our primary technical focus. Progent's Experts Team includes independent consultants who offer advice and development support for mission-critical applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have in-depth expertise with popular platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer world-class skills in areas like telecommunications, web design, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and administration. Independent consultants certified by us cooperate with Progent's in-house engineers to deliver end-to-end solutions for small company networks. In order to learn more information concerning contract opportunities with our Experts Team, visit Contract Work at Progent.
Reasons That We Are Different
Progent has managed to recruit the top consulting experts by being different. Providing an innovative blend of entrepreneurial spirit, insistence on client satisfaction, utilization of advanced technical tools, plus an independent business structure that allows for quality-of-life choices for our consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic culture for talented consultants who have a desire for quickly enhancing their professional abilities to deliver concrete benefits for a variety of organizations and network environments. Find out additional details concerning ways that Progent is unique by visiting How Progent Is Unique.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent's virtual office model provides sophisticated technologies that allow remote support, wireless communication, easy availability of our knowledge bases, and close collaboration with mobile team members to allow you to deal with business-critical IT issues. Progent's virtual office model allows consultants to focus on delivering service rather than fighting commutes and lets you establish successful customer relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, viable, and affordable solutions. If you want to learn more details about our virtual office work environment, visit Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefits
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is entirely based on what you contribute. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's versatile structure to follow personal pursuits, or you can choose to make significant income through hard effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides full family health care insurance plus numerous other benefits. Find out additional details about our compensation model and benefits by visiting Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Employment at Progent Questions and Answers
To see replies to common enquiries about being employed by Progent, visit Employment at Progent Questions and Answers.
The following is a list of our current job openings:
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant -
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a range of small businesses to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key fields of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details about Desktop Engineer Job
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small businesses maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The ideal applicant would be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This role would require experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
Details on Sr. Exchange Expert Positions
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and explaining key elements of engagement propositions that align our deliverables with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly changing IT technology
More information about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to enquire about any job shown above, you should send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to copy the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
Details Concerning Work with Us
Career Work for Network Engineers, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent wants to hire full-time, results-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco certified system engineers with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security professionals who have CISSP or comparable security credentials; and advanced network architecture experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, business continuity, information preservation, and VMware. Progent also seeks professionals who can join our staff of helpdesk service technicians and remote support experts. Also, We are seeking talented administrators who can operate effectively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of talented and dedicated professionals, delivering attentive customer services, and offering a competitive value-focused fee model, We have been able to expand our client list rapidly while delivering professional support to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common information base, and a team approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to retain a skilled staff and a satisfied client list.
If you are an information technology professional with technical support experience, joining Progent or helping our customers will enhance your skills through interaction with Progent's staff of mutually supportive, talented consultants. Progent's focus on providing information technology consulting and computer help to small and midsize organizations will offer you the chance to work intimately with key players and add significantly to the success of dynamic companies.
We are looking for consultants who have verifiable certification in their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco experts, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or one of the other top security certifications. Naturally, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” However, simply because a certificate can not guarantee excellence is no excuse for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then most of these tests should be no challenge. The point is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then customers expect certifications. Progent can broadcast your skills, but you must provide basic credentials for Progent to market. In case you stand strongly opposed to the concept of credentials, Progent can understand and respect your opinion, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Freelance Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's computer engineers have offered low-cost and successful network consulting expertise for companies in the and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared support knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have enabled us to build a strong in-house team and dramatically grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide customers the services of expert information technology consulting professionals who have in-depth knowledge and work background in important areas beyond our core focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are typically freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by Progent to work closely with our staff engineers to deliver end-to-end, world-class information technology solutions to small and midsize companies. Progent is continually expanding the Experts Group in order to address the particular requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group currently offers consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Mission-critical and specialized application help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom applications development and integration
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and client portal design and deployment
- DBM support and efficiency help
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications architecture support
Benefits of being part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you can leverage the momentum of our explosive expansion and top-notch recognition in the market. By maintaining a group of skilled and dedicated consultants, offering attentive customer support, and practicing a strong, value-oriented pricing structure, Progent has quadrupled our clientele during the past few years and Progent currently delivers professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in and across the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing team handles all aspects of marketing your services and technical expertise into our quickly expanding client base, so you spend less time signing up clients and more time generating revenue.
- We will assist in communications between you and our core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who act as the conduit to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Our sales and operations staffs will manage the entire sales and engagement cycle, from lead identification, job approval, customer needs definition, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility is on delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, offering professional conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, plus data and voice connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our vast database, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of professional publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest pool of expert network professionals.
- Progent will share special benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, on-line connections to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and product maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use programs for education or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to become a member of our Experts Team, but Progent has the following requirements to join:
- You should show a proven background as a consultant operating independently in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year history of completed contracting jobs and/or have an active customer base for which you now provide continuing support activity.
- You have to demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of specialization, including having an extensive task-relevant history and excellent referrals, and have current vendor and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You need to know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You must have strong communications skills and know how to operate successfully alone or as part of a team.
- You have to be able to articulate proper expectations to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you should know how scope out jobs, create project plans, and estimate reasonable work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a more capable consulting professional by improving your information technology skills and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the best consulting talent for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, running specialized application tools to enable the highest level of service, and by streamlining our business structures for finding and keeping customers.
The main factor that distinguishes us from typical consulting firms is the excellence of our consultants. Among the 50 or so consultants who have joined Progent, we have assembled top expertise covering a broad range of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux, VMware, or other crucial areas, we engage experts who can help you to be effective on major projects by leveraging the collective skills of Progent's team of experts.
To promote the productivity of Progent's team, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful technology to perform the job efficiently. Progent will exploit information technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office environment enables effortless communications, cooperation, and information sharing with other Progent consultants — entirely from home-based or mobile offices. You don’t throw away time or lose revenue with regular commutes to a physical office, and all driving you do for on-site client jobs is determined by your time table, not ours. The best part is that most of our consulting work can be performed remotely, representing 100% efficiency for billable hours. In practice, some of our staff do remote support exclusively.
Our operations are geared towards responding quickly and efficiently to client requirements via knowledge sharing and collaborative problem solving. Even though Progent's engineers operate with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, customer issues and resolutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and archived for easy retrieval, current consultant schedules are broadcast to facilitate group tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and customer approval is always monitored. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation through periodic workgroup conferences and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of our team is located across California, however Progent is building a rapidly expanding team of network professionals from across the U.S. Our virtual office environment does away with regional boundaries that restrict the efficiency of traditional company models. We enhance the package by providing a comprehensive employee care plan to promote the health and economic security of our team members and their families.
Just as we have awesome consultants, our sales and operations groups match the excellence that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to our success are enabling us to identify and sign up the scores of new customers we are currently engaging each month. We recently celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective marketing organization.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with us. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a continual series of network challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Customers rely on consultants to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or entrenched issues, and tricky upgrades are the basis for our services daily. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for network professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every day excited about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by establishing close customer relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused organization through and through. If you do not have strong communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied group of people, then we are probably not a good fit.
If all this sounds right for you, we urge you to contact Progent about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully architected and executed information system can be a crucial piece for accelerating any firm's success, and Progent follows this belief in our corporate system infrastructure. We have built a non-stop virtual office network that allows Progent's staff consultants and certified contractors to deliver fast and effective support, collaborate closely on sophisticated jobs, and gain from professional and private maturity from being a member of a dynamic business ethos of personal drive and independence.