Among America's top computer consultant companies for business networks, Progent maintains a large staff of talented support professionals who concentrate on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Enterprise security analysis
- Sophisticated connectivity architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and network administration
Our Experts Team, which contracts freelance experts premier and coordinated by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized skills in a wide range of vital business areas and networking solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based app development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database application development, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 individual and group training
Creative structures for acquiring clients, delivering service, creating a dynamic working environment, and providing generous compensation have enabled us to be one of the fastest growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the United States and to establish an international organization for providing online IT assistance. If you are a certified IT support professional or network consultant with an orientation towards a client success and strong people skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent a chance for enhancing your technical skills, developing a more independent career, and achieving economic success.
Learn More Details About Working with Progent
Check out these links to learn additional details about Progent's work openings, business culture, work environment, profit sharing structure, and benefits:
Full-time Positions at Progent
Progent is seeking a variety of on-staff workers including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer engineers; connectivity experts with Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant system design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop systems, business continuity planning, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent is also looking for desktop support experts, remote service professionals, and CISA or CISM certified security consultants. Progent is also hiring veteran managers able to operate efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office model. Learn more information concerning full-time consulting positions at Progent by referring to Consulting Positions at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities with Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants with proven expertise and hands-on experience in high-demand information technology areas beyond our primary service focus. Our Experts Group includes independent consultants who can provide advice and programming support for strategic applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have specialized knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer world-class skills in technologies like telecom, web site development, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM development and management. Independent consultants premier by us cooperate with Progent's in-house consultants to provide comprehensive IT services for small company networks. In order to find out more information about contracting work with our Experts Consulting Group, go to Freelance Work with Progent.
How Progent Is Exceptional
Progent has managed to attract the top professional talent by being different. With an innovative blend of entrepreneurial drive, dedication to client success, use of advanced technology, plus a flexible work structure that allows for life-style options for Progent's team members, Progent creates a stimulating setting for select individuals who posses a drive for rapidly improving their technical abilities to deliver real-world benefits for a range of organizations and network environments. Find out additional details concerning how Progent is different by going to How We Are Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office network provides state-of-the-art technologies that support remote support, wireless communication, convenient availability of Progent's support databases, and close cooperation with talented colleagues to help you to handle challenging network problems. Progent's virtual office model enables you to focus on providing IT solutions rather than fighting traffic and lets you nurture successful customer relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to find out additional information concerning our virtual office network, see Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is wholly determined by the revenue you generate. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using our versatile schedule to make time for individual pursuits, or you can choose to make significant income by hard work and long hours. Progent also provides comprehensive family health care insurance as well as numerous additional benefits. Learn additional details concerning our compensation model and benefits by referring to Our Compensation and Benefits.
Working with Progent Questions and Answers
To see answers to frequent enquiries about becoming employed by Progent, refer to Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
This is a description of our current job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a range of small businesses to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Jobs
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information about Desktop Engineer Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize businesses manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to lead large-scale Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The ideal applicant should be a computer consultant with expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This position would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
More information about Senior Exchange Consultant Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's extensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
Details on Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating crucial components of engagement proposals that tie Progent's deliverables with real business value
- Maintaining good relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly changing IT technology
If you want to ask about any job shown above, please e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to include the job codes of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts About Jobs at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent wants to find full-time, results-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco certified system engineers who have Cisco credentials; security professionals with CISA or equivalent security credentials; and advanced system design experts with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high uptime, business continuity, data preservation, and VMware. Progent also is hiring professionals who can work on our team of helpdesk support specialists and remote support experts. In addition, Progent is seeking talented administrators who can perform productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and motivated professionals, providing world-class client care, and following a competitive value-based pricing structure, Progent has been able to expand our customer list rapidly while delivering consulting services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a talented staff and a loyal client list.
For a network consultant with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or working for our clients can expand your knowledge via interaction with Progent's group of mutually supportive, expert engineers. Progent's focus on delivering network consulting and technical support to small organizations will offer you the opportunity to work closely with decision makers and add significantly to the success of exciting businesses.
We are hiring consultants that can show recognized credentials in their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco consultants, have your CCIE or CCNP credential. For security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or other top security credentials. Naturally, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” However, simply because a certificate does not ensure excellence is no excuse for not earning one. If you know your field, then the majority of those tests should pose no challenge. The point is that if you are a professional, then clients deserve to see certifications. Progent will broadcast your skills, but you need to provide basic credentials for us to market. In case you stand adamantly opposed to the concept of credentials, we can understand and respect your position, but you are likely not a good fit.
Freelance Jobs for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's computer engineers have offered affordable and successful network support services for companies in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared technical knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have helped Progent to build a talented consulting group and quickly expand a loyal customer base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide customers the services of specialized information technology support professionals who have advanced knowledge and field experience in important technologies outside of Progent's primary concentration in network support and security. Experts Group consultants are typically freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by us to collaborate with Progent's staff engineers to deliver end-to-end, world-class network services to small companies. Progent is continually expanding the Experts Team in order to address the particular requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group now offers support in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Mission-critical and vertical application support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Special program development and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client information portal design and integration
- SQL management and efficiency consulting
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Advantages of being part of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you get to take advantage of the impact of our explosive growth and excellent recognition in the market. By maintaining a group of skilled and dedicated consultants, offering excellent customer care, and following a strong, value-focused pricing model, Progent has quadrupled our clientele during the last several years and Progent currently delivers consulting support to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the United States.
- Our experienced marketing team takes care of all aspects of promoting your skills and areas of expertise into our rapidly expanding client base, so you expend less effort signing up clients and more time making revenue.
- We will facilitate communications between you and Progent's core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who act as the conduit to the influential managers among our customers.
- Progent's sales and administration teams will take care of the complete sales and engagement process, from opportunity generation, project qualification, customer needs description, skills matching, job analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility stays with delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, offering professional conference locations in the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm access throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast knowledge base, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of template-deliverable documents, and the shared experience from one of 's largest pool of expert consulting professionals.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, web connections to special vendor support tools and product maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use software for training or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to become part of our Experts Group, but we do have the following qualifications for membership:
- You should have a strong track record as a consulting professional operating independently in your field of expertise, including at least a two year record of successful contracting jobs or you must have an active client base for which you now provide ongoing consulting activity.
- You need to show that you are an expert in your area of specialization, including showing an extensive task-relevant history and strong referrals, and have up-to-date vendor and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You should know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your skills. You need to have excellent inter-personal skills and know how to operate successfully by yourself or as part of a group.
- You should be able to communicate proper goals to clients and fellow Progent team members and you should know how evaluate jobs, create project plans, and define realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Network Engineers
Progent's work environment will make you a better consulting professional by improving your technical knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the best professional experts for you to work with, providing an advanced network and communications architecture, running specialized application utilities to enable the highest quality of service, and by optimizing our business models for finding and keeping customers.
The most important factor that differentiates us from typical consulting companies is the excellence of our consulting team. Among the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled the best expertise across a wide array of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Mac, Linux, VMware, or other vital application, we deploy professionals who can help you to be successful on larger projects by leveraging the collective skills of Progent's team of experts.
To ensure the productivity of our team, we invest heavily in making available the best technology to perform the job properly. We will exploit technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables effortless connectivity, collaboration, and information exchange with other Progent consultants — all from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue with daily commutes to a physical office building, and any travel you do for on-site client jobs is determined by your own schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that most of Progent's support services can be done off-site, offering maximum productivity for income-producing time. In fact, some of our staff do off-site consulting only.
Our business structure is geared towards reacting quickly and efficiently to client needs via information sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Even though our engineers operate with a great deal of independence, dispatching is unified, customer problems and resolutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and organized for convenient reference, current consultant schedules are broadcast to streamline team tasks and simplify problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation via periodic team conferences and regular company-wide events.
The majority of our team is situated throughout California, however we are attracting a quickly growing group of network professionals from across America. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with geographic obstacles that restrict the efficiency of traditional company structures. We enhance the package by providing a comprehensive benefit plan to ensure the physical health and financial welfare of our team members and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's sales and operations teams live up to the high standards that is Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progent’s growth are enabling us to identify and land the 50-60 new clients we are now engaging every month. We lately marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective sales operation.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a continual stream of network challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Customers rely on a consultant to do the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, advanced implementations, puzzling or chronic problems, and difficult migrations are the basis for what we do every day. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for computer engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every day enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some great folks, both by establishing strong customer contacts and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their success. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented organization heart and soul. If you don’t have strong people skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse assortment of people, then we are probably not a good fit.
If this seems good to you, we urge you to contact us about our view of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and executed network can be a pivotal piece for enabling a company's success, and we follow this philosophy in our corporate network infrastructure. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office network that enables our in-house consultants and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and effective support, cooperate closely on complex projects, and experience professional and personal growth by acting as part of a dynamic company ethos of personal drive and freedom.