Among America's top computer consultant firms for business systems, Progent maintains a large team of talented support professionals who focus on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP solutions
- System security analysis
- Advanced system infrastructures
- Remote IT support and network administration
Our Experts Team, which includes freelance experts premier and managed by Progent, provides highly refined knowledge covering a wide range of vital business areas and network solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- BI expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based application software development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and management consulting
- Microsoft Access database application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Creative models for attracting customers, providing service, establishing an efficient working environment, and providing highly competitive compensation have allowed Progent to be among the most rapidly expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting firms in America and to build an international organization for providing remote IT assistance. If you are an accredited computer technician or information technology consultant with a drive for a client success and excellent people skills, you should consider Progent a chance for increasing your technical knowledge, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining financial success.
Learn More Information Concerning Working with Progent
Follow these links to find out additional details about Progent's work openings, business culture, operational conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Consulting Careers at Progent
Progent is seeking a range of full-time employees such as experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCP network consultants; network experts with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant network architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability environments, business continuity planning, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also looking for desktop support technicians, off-site service professionals, and CISM or CISSP certified security professionals. Progent is also seeking veteran managers and administrators able to perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Learn more details about full-time consulting jobs at Progent by going to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contract Jobs with Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals who have specialized knowledge and working background in high-demand IT areas beyond Progent's main technical concentration. Our Experts Group hires contractors who can provide consulting and programming services for strategic solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have deep expertise with popular platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer expert skills in technologies like telecom, web site development, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle DBM programming and management. Independent contractors premier by us coordinate with our staff consultants to provide end-to-end IT services for small business networks. If you want to find out additional details about freelance jobs with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, see Contracting Opportunities at Progent.
How Progent Is Unique
We have managed to recruit the top professional experts by being different. Providing an innovative blend of entrepreneurial spirit, insistence on client success, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, and a flexible business structure that offers life-style choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating setting for select individuals who have a desire for rapidly enhancing their professional skills to create real-world benefits for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Learn more details concerning how Progent is exceptional by visiting Ways That Progent Is Unique.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office model provides state-of-the-art technologies that support off-site support, wireless communication, convenient access to our support databases, and instant collaboration with mobile colleagues to help you to deal with business-critical IT issues. Progent's virtual office environment allows consultants to concentrate on providing IT solutions instead of fighting commutes and lets you establish successful customer relationships by permitting you to provide quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn more details concerning Progent's virtual office network, go to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you make is wholly based on the revenue you generate. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on life style and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's versatile schedule to make time for personal pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn considerable money by persistent effort and long hours. Progent also offers comprehensive family health coverage plus numerous other benefits. Learn more details concerning our compensation and benefits by going to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Consulting at Progent FAQs
For answers to common questions concerning being a consultant at Progent, refer to Employment at Progent Questions and Answers.
This is a description of our available job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant -
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to help a variety of small businesses to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Job
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details about Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize organizations maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - , Remote
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Exchange design and deployment projects. The ideal applicant would be a technical consultant with expertise in Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This role calls for experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
More information on Sr. Exchange Expert Job
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive selection of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Generating and explaining crucial components of service proposals that tie our services with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining strong relationships with customers
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving technology
More information about Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to enquire about any position shown above, you should send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to state the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Work at Progent
Fulltime Jobs for Network Engineers, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent wants to find full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco certified network consultants who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security professionals with CISA or equivalent security certification; and advanced network architecture experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, fault tolerance, business continuity, information protection, and VMware. Progent also is looking for employees who can join Progent's staff of desktop service specialists and remote troubleshooting experts. Also, Progent is looking for talented managers who can perform productively in Progent's fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of talented and dedicated professionals, delivering attentive customer services, and offering a strong results-based pricing model, Progent has managed to increase our customer base rapidly while delivering professional services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common knowledge base, and a group strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied client base.
If you are a network professional with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or helping Progent's clients can enhance your knowledge through cooperation with our staff of highly team-oriented, talented engineers. Progent's focus on delivering network consulting and technical help to small organizations will offer you the opportunity to work closely with decision makers and add appreciably to the success of exciting companies.
We are hiring technical professionals who can show recognized certification related to their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or one of the other leading security certifications. Naturally, Progent is aware of "paper experts". However, simply because a credential does not guarantee excellence is no excuse for not owning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of these certifications should present no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you are a professional, then clients deserve to see credentials. Progent can market your talents, but you need to provide a baseline of certifications for Progent to market. If you happen to be adamantly against the concept of certifications, we can understand and respect your position, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, Progent's information technology professionals have provided affordable and effective network support services for businesses in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared technical database, and a team approach to problem solving have enabled us to retain a talented staff and quickly expand a loyal customer base.
The Experts Team is our way to offer customers the services of specialized information technology consulting professionals who have advanced knowledge and field background in key areas beyond our primary concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are often independent contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by us to work closely with our staff engineers to deliver comprehensive, world-class information technology solutions to small companies. Progent is always enhancing our Experts Group in order to address the special requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group now provides support in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Mission-critical and vertical program support
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom applications development and integration
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and customer portal development and integration
- SQL management and efficiency consulting
- Business information consulting
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Advantages of becoming a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you get to leverage the impact of our dramatic growth and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By having a group of talented and dedicated professionals, providing excellent client support, and practicing a proven, value-focused billing model, we have quadrupled our customer base over the past few years and Progent currently delivers consulting support to hundreds of businesses in and across the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing staff handles all aspects of marketing your services and areas of expertise into our quickly expanding client base, so you expend less time signing up clients and extra time making revenue.
- We will assist in communications between you and our core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who act as the conduit to the decision makers among Progent's clients.
- Progent's sales and operations teams will manage the complete sales and contracting process, from opportunity generation, job approval, client needs definition, skills matching, job analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility stays with delivering top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will provide you connections to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including professional meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive database, procedures based on industry best practices, abundance of professional documents, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert consulting professionals.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line access to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and product maintenance resources, and on-line internal use software for training or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to be a member of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has these qualifications for membership:
- You need to show a strong background as a consultant working independently in your field of specialization, including at least a two year record of completed consulting projects and/or have an active client base for whom you currently provide ongoing support services.
- You must demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of specialization, which includes having a long task-relevant history and excellent references, and possess up-to-date manufacturer or industry professional qualifications.
- You should know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your skills. You need to have strong inter-personal skills and understand how to work effectively by yourself or as part of a team.
- You have to know how to articulate realistic goals to clients and fellow Progent team members and you have to know how analyze jobs, create task plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a better consultant by improving your information technology knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the top consulting experts for you to operate with, providing an advanced system architecture, running custom application utilities to enable the highest level of support, and by streamlining our business models for attracting and maintaining clients.
The most important factor that separates Progent from ordinary consulting companies is the high caliber of our consulting team. Among the scores of consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have recruited top expertise across a broad range of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux, server virtualization, or other key areas, we engage experts who can help you to be successful on major projects by combining the collective skills of our group of professionals.
To promote the productivity of Progent's team, we invest heavily in making available the best tools to perform the work efficiently. Progent will leverage information technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows effortless communications, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with other Progent team members — all from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t waste time or lose revenue with daily drives to a conventional office building, and all driving you do for on-site customer work is based on your schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that most of our support services can be done remotely, offering maximum productivity for income-producing time. In fact, some of our team members do remote support only.
Our business structure is set up for responding rapidly and efficiently to client requirements through information exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Even though Progent's consultants operate with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is centralized, customer issues and resolutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and organized for convenient reference, current consultant availability is published to streamline team projects and enable trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is always evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation via periodic team conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's team is located throughout California, but we are building a quickly growing group of consulting professionals from across the United States. Our virtual office environment does away with regional boundaries that restrict the efficiency of traditional company structures. We enhance the deal by providing a comprehensive benefit plan to ensure the physical health and economic security of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, our marketing and operations teams live up to the high standards that characterizes Progent. These high-performance factors behind our growth are helping us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are now acquiring each month. Progent lately marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective sales organization.
Possessing a passion for technical proficiency is a key for success with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a continual series of network challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Clients choose consulting firms to do the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, leading-edge deployments, vexing or entrenched problems, and tricky migrations are the basis for what we do daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for computer engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by establishing close customer contacts and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented company from top to bottom. If you do not have strong communications skills or like working with a varied group of people, then we are probably a poor fit.
If this sounds good to you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Technical Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and implemented information system can be a crucial piece for enabling any firm's growth, and we follow this philosophy in our own network infrastructure. Progent has built a non-stop virtual office network that enables Progent's in-house consultants and certified contractors to offer fast and efficient support, cooperate easily on complex projects, and experience career and personal growth from acting as part of a dynamic company culture of self motivation and independence.