One of the top computer consulting firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a full-time team of certified support experts who concentrate on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Enterprise security analysis
- Sophisticated system infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and network management
Our Experts Group, which contracts independent experts premier and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally refined skills covering a broad range of vital software areas and networking technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- BI consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based application design, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and DBA help
- Office Access application programming, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Creative models for acquiring clients, delivering service, creating a dynamic working environment, and offering highly competitive compensation have allowed us to become among the most rapidly growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the U.S. and to build an international presence for providing online IT assistance. If you are a certified computer technician or information technology consultant with a focus on a customer success and strong people skills, you will discover Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional skills, living a more independent career, and achieving economic success.
Learn More Details Concerning Jobs with Progent
Check out these pages to learn more information about our work opportunities, business philosophy, work conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Positions at Progent
We are hiring a variety of full-time professionals such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE computer engineers; connectivity consultants with Cisco certification; and specialists in advanced network design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability environments, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and VMware technology. We are also looking for workstation support experts, off-site service professionals, and CISA or CISM certified security consultants. We are also hiring veteran managers and administrators able to operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Learn more information concerning staff professional services positions at Progent by visiting Consulting Careers at Progent.
Freelance Work with Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals who have in-depth knowledge and working background in important IT topics beyond Progent's main service focus. Progent's Experts Team includes independent consultants who offer advice and programming services for line-of-business applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have deep expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer expert skills in technologies such as telecom, web site development, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and administration. Independent consultants premier by us coordinate with Progent's in-house professionals to provide end-to-end solutions for small and midsize company networks. In order to learn more details about contracting opportunities with our Experts Team, refer to Freelance Opportunities at Progent.
How Progent Is Unique
Progent has been able to attract the top professional talent by being different. With a powerful blend of enterprising drive, dedication to client satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, and an independent business structure that offers quality-of-life choices for Progent's team members, Progent creates a stimulating environment for talented consultants who have a desire for rapidly enhancing their technical abilities to create real-world benefits for a range of businesses and technical environments. Learn more information concerning ways that we are unique by visiting Reasons That Progent Is Different.
Our Virtual Office Infrastructure
Our virtual office model incorporates advanced technical tools that support off-site access, wireless connectivity, easy access to Progent's knowledge bases, and instant cooperation with mobile colleagues to allow you to handle business-critical network issues. Progent's virtual office environment frees you to focus on providing service instead of dealing with commutes and lets consultants nurture successful customer relationships by enabling you to provide quick, viable, and affordable solutions. If you want to find out additional details concerning our virtual office business model, refer to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is directly based on what you contribute. You have the option of focusing on quality of life and choosing to work at an easy pace, utilizing our versatile schedule to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can choose to earn significant money by persistent work and long hours. Progent also offers full family health insurance plus numerous other benefits. Find out additional details about Progent's compensation model and benefit programs by visiting Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent Q&A
For replies to frequent questions concerning being employed by Progent, see Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers.
Here is a list of Progent's available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Jobs
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Engineer Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize businesses maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Senior Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The ideal applicant would be a technical consultant with expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This role calls for a background in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
More information about Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's extensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
More information on Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining crucial elements of consulting proposals that tie our services with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing IT technology
If you wish to enquire about any position listed above, you should e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please copy the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Work at Progent
Staff Work for Network Engineers, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Technicians
Progent wants to hire full-time, results-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP credentials; Cisco certified system consultants with Cisco credentials; security consultants who have CISA or equivalent security credentials; and high-end network design consultants with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high availability, disaster recovery, information protection, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks employees to join our team of desktop support specialists and off-site support experts. In addition, We are looking for experienced administrators able to operate productively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated consultants, providing world-class client care, and offering a competitive results-based fee model, Progent has been able to increase our client list rapidly while delivering professional support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common knowledge database, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a talented staff and a loyal customer base.
If you are an information technology consultant with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or helping Progent's customers can enhance your knowledge via interaction with our group of highly supportive, talented consultants. Our commitment to providing network consulting and technical help to small and midsize companies will give you the chance to collaborate intimately with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the growth of dynamic companies.
Progent is looking for consultants that have verifiable certification in their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your MCSE certificate. For Cisco consultants, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or other leading security certifications. Of course, Progent is aware of “paper MCSEs.” However, the fact that a certificate does not ensure expertise is no justification for not having one. If you have mastered your field, then most of those tests should present no challenge. The point is that if you call yourself an expert, then clients expect credentials. Progent will promote your skills, but you need to provide standard credentials for Progent to market. If you are strongly against the idea of credentials, we can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Freelance Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, our information technology engineers have provided low-cost and effective network support services for businesses in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common support knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have enabled us to build a talented in-house team and dramatically grow a loyal customer base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide clients the services of specialized computer support professionals who have in-depth skills and work background in important areas outside of our primary concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are typically freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by us to work closely with Progent's in-house engineers to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class information technology services to small companies. We are continually enhancing our Experts Group to address the special requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group now provides support in these technologies:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Strategic and specialized application support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom applications design and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and customer portal development and deployment
- SQL support and efficiency help
- Management information consulting
- Telecommunications architecture support
Advantages of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you can leverage the impact of Progent's dramatic growth and top-notch reputation in the industry. By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated professionals, providing attentive customer care, and following a proven, value-oriented pricing structure, we have quadrupled our customer base during the last few years and Progent now provides consulting support to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing staff takes care of all aspects of marketing your services and technical knowledge into our rapidly growing customer base, so you spend less effort signing up clients and extra time making money.
- We will facilitate communications between you and Progent's core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who are the conduit to the key executives among our customers.
- Progent's sales and administration staffs will manage the entire sales and contracting process, from opportunity identification, job approval, client requirements definition, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire focus is on delivering top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you connections to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including convenient meeting/work locations throughout the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm access throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to our extensive database, processes based on best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the shared experience from one of 's largest pool of experienced network professionals.
- We will pass on special benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and technical support resources, and on-line in-house use software for education or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to become a member of our Experts Group, but we do have the following requirements for membership:
- You should show a proven background as a consultant working independently in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year record of successful contracting projects and/or have an active customer base to which you currently deliver ongoing support services.
- You must show that you have expertise in your field of specialization, which includes showing an extensive work-related record and strong references, and possess up-to-date vendor and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You should know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your abilities. You must have excellent communications skills and know how to work effectively alone or as part of a group.
- You have to know how to communicate proper expectations to clients and fellow Progent team members and you have to be able evaluate tasks, create task plans, and define realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Network Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a better consultant by improving your technical knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the top consulting experts for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art system architecture, running specialized software utilities to deliver the highest quality of service, and by optimizing our operational models for finding and keeping clients.
The most important factor that separates us from most consulting companies is the high quality of our support professionals. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have assembled top talent covering a wide range of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other crucial technologies, we engage experts who can help you to be effective on major jobs by leveraging the collective skills of Progent's group of professionals.
To ensure the success of our team, we invest significantly in providing the best technology to perform the work properly. We will exploit technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows effortless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent team members — entirely from home-based or mobile offices. You don’t throw away time or lose income with regular commutes to a physical office, and all driving you do for on-site client work is determined by your time table, not ours. The most attractive part is that much of Progent's support services can be done remotely, representing maximum productivity for billable time. In fact, some Progent staff do off-site support exclusively.
Our business structure is geared towards reacting quickly and efficiently to client requirements through information sharing and collaborative problem solving. Although Progent's engineers operate with a high level of freedom, dispatching is unified, customer problems and solutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and archived for easy retrieval, up-to-date engineer schedules are published to facilitate team projects and simplify trouble escalation, and client approval is continually evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of connection through monthly team meetings and regular corporate events.
The majority of Progent's team is situated throughout California, however we are attracting a rapidly expanding team of network professionals from across America. Progent's virtual office environment does away with regional boundaries that restrict the productivity of traditional company structures. We complete the package by providing a full benefit program to ensure the health and economic security of our team members and their families.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's sales and operations groups live up to the high standards that is Progent. These high-performance contributors to our growth are helping us to target and sign up the scores of new clients we are now acquiring every month. Progent recently celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong marketing operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a continual series of technical challenges is what makes consulting exciting. Customers choose consulting firms to do the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or entrenched problems, and difficult migrations are the basis for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for network professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by establishing close customer relationships and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their success. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused organization through and through. If you don’t have strong people skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied group of personalities, then we are in all likelihood a poor match.
If all this seems right for you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our view of the future of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well designed and executed network can be a crucial piece for accelerating any company's growth, and Progent applies this philosophy in our own network infrastructure. Progent has created a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows Progent's staff engineers and certified contractors to offer rapid and efficient support, collaborate easily on complex projects, and gain from career and private growth by being a member of a dynamic company culture of personal drive and freedom.