Among the top network consulting firms for business networks, Progent maintains a large staff of certified service professionals who focus on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Network security analysis
- Sophisticated connectivity architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and system administration
Our Experts Team, which contracts freelance consultants certified and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized skills covering a wide range of vital business applications and networking solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web application design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Office Access application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office and Office 365 online training
Creative structures for acquiring clients, providing service, creating an efficient company culture, and offering highly competitive profit sharing have enabled Progent to be one of the fastest expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the United States and to build an international organization for providing online network expertise. If you are an accredited computer technician or network consultant with a focus on a customer success and strong communication skills, consultants will find in Progent a chance for adding to your professional knowledge, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving economic security.
Find Out Additional Details About Jobs at Progent
Check out these links to learn additional details concerning Progent's job openings, company culture, work conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
Progent is seeking a range of on-staff professionals including motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCP network engineers; connectivity experts who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP certification; and consultants for advanced network architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability environments, business continuity planning, data preservation, and virtual servers. We are also hiring desktop support technicians, remote troubleshooting specialists, and CISM accredited security professionals. Progent is also hiring veteran managers who can operate efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Learn additional details concerning full-time professional services jobs at Progent by going to Consulting Careers at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals with in-depth knowledge and field experience in important information technology topics outside our primary technical concentration. Progent's Experts Group employs freelance consultants who offer advice and development support for strategic solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess deep knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer expert help in technologies such as telecommunications, web site development, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle Database development and administration. Independent contractors premier by Progent cooperate with Progent's full-time professionals to deliver end-to-end solutions for small and midsize business networks. If you want to find out more information about freelance opportunities with our Experts Team, refer to Freelance Opportunities at Progent.
How Progent Is Different
Progent has managed to attract the best professional experts by being unique. With an innovative blend of entrepreneurial spirit, dedication to client success, use of advanced technology, plus an independent business structure that offers life-style options for our team members, Progent creates a stimulating culture for talented individuals who have a desire for quickly enhancing their professional abilities to deliver real-world benefits for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Learn additional details about reasons Progent is different by going to Ways That Progent Is Different.
Our Virtual Office Work Environment
Our virtual office environment uses advanced technical tools that allow remote support, wireless connectivity, easy availability of Progent's support databases, and instant collaboration with mobile team members to help you to solve business-critical IT issues. Progent's virtual office environment allows you to concentrate on providing service instead of fighting traffic and lets consultants establish successful customer relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, viable, and affordable solutions. If you want to learn more information about Progent's virtual office work environment, go to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you make is wholly tied to what you contribute. You have the option of focusing on quality of life and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's versatile structure to follow individual pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn considerable income by persistent work and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides full family health care coverage as well as numerous additional benefits. Learn more about our compensation model and benefit packages by referring to Progent Compensation Model and Benefits.
Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see answers to popular questions concerning being a consultant at Progent, refer to Jobs at Progent Questions and Answers.
Below is a description of some available job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Jobs
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to assist Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize organizations manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Exchange planning and deployment projects. The right candidate would be a technical consultant with expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This position demands a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's extensive selection of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
More information about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating key elements of consulting proposals that associate Progent's services with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining good relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving IT technology
If you wish to apply for any position shown above, you should send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to state the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
More Information Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Fulltime Work for Network Engineers, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to find full-time, results-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco accredited system consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security professionals who have CISA or equivalent security certification; and high-end system architecture experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high availability, workplace recovery, information preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for employees who can join Progent's team of desktop support technicians and off-site support professionals. In addition, Progent is hiring talented administrators able to perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of talented and dedicated professionals, providing attentive customer care, and following a strong value-focused pricing structure, Progent has managed to increase our customer list dramatically while delivering consulting support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared information base, and a team strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied client base.
If you are a network consultant with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's customers will enhance your knowledge via cooperation with Progent's staff of mutually supportive, talented engineers. Progent's commitment to delivering information technology expertise and computer help to small and midsize organizations will give you the chance to collaborate intimately with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the growth of exciting companies.
We are looking for technical professionals that can show verifiable credentials related to their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your MCSE certificate. For Cisco experts, have your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or one of the other leading security certifications. Naturally, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Still, the fact that a credential can not ensure expertise is no justification for not owning one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of these certifications should pose no challenge. The point is that if you call yourself an expert, then customers deserve to see certifications. We will broadcast your skills, but you should have basic credentials for us to market. If you stand strongly opposed to the concept of credentials, Progent can sympathize with and respect your opinion, but you are probably not a good fit.
Freelance Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, our information technology professionals have offered low-cost and effective network support services for small businesses in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared support database, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have enabled Progent to retain a strong consulting group and quickly expand a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide customers the services of specialized information technology consulting engineers who have in-depth knowledge and field experience in important technologies beyond Progent's primary concentration in network support and security. Experts Group members are often independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by us to collaborate with our staff consultants to deliver comprehensive, world-class network solutions to small and midsize companies. We are continually expanding the Experts Group in order to meet the special needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Team now offers support in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Line-of-business and specialized application support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special program development and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal development and integration
- Database support and performance consulting
- Business information consulting
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Advantages of becoming a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you get to benefit from the impact of Progent's explosive expansion and excellent reputation in the marketplace. By having a group of talented and dedicated consultants, offering excellent customer care, and following a proven, value-focused pricing structure, Progent has quadrupled our clientele during the past few years and Progent now provides consulting support to hundreds of companies in and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's veteran marketing team handles all facets of marketing your skills and technical expertise into our rapidly expanding client base, so you spend less effort signing up clients and extra time making money.
- We will assist in communications between you and Progent's key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who act as the conduit to the decision makers among our clients.
- Progent's sales and administration groups will manage the complete sales and contracting process, from opportunity generation, project approval, client needs definition, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility is on providing high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will provide you access to our sophisticated virtual office environment, offering professional conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, and data and voice access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have access to our vast knowledge base, processes based on best practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the shared expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of expert network professionals.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, web access to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and product maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use programs for training and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to be part of our Experts Team, but we do have strict requirements to join:
- You need to have a strong track record as a consultant working on your own in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year record of completed consulting projects or you must have your own active client base to whom you currently deliver ongoing consulting services.
- You need to show that you are an expert in your area of concentration, which includes showing a long task-relevant history and excellent referrals, and possess up-to-date manufacturer and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You have to be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You need to have excellent inter-personal skills and be able to work successfully alone or as a member of a group.
- You have to be able to communicate realistic expectations to clients and other Progent team members and you must be able analyze projects, create task plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Network Engineers
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a better consultant by enhancing your technical knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the top professional talent for you to operate with, providing an advanced system infrastructure, running proprietary application utilities to deliver the highest quality of support, and by streamlining proven business models for attracting and maintaining customers.
The decisive factor that distinguishes us from typical network support companies is the quality of our support professionals. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have assembled the best expertise covering a wide array of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux, server virtualization, or other vital areas, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be successful on major projects by combining the collective experience of Progent's group of professionals.
To promote the productivity of our team, we invest significantly in making available the best tools to do the work efficiently. Progent will leverage information technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows seamless communications, collaboration, and information exchange with other Progent team members ó entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants donít throw away time or forfeit revenue because of regular drives to a conventional office building, and all driving you do for in-person customer jobs is determined by your own time table, not ours. The most attractive part is that most of Progent's consulting services can be done off-site, representing 100% efficiency for billable hours. In practice, some Progent team members do remote consulting only.
Our business structure is set up for reacting rapidly and effectively to customer requirements via knowledge exchange and cooperative problem solving. Although our engineers work with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, customer problems and solutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and organized for convenient reference, current consultant availability is broadcast to facilitate team projects and enable trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is continually evaluated. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation through periodic team conferences and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of our consultants are situated throughout California, however Progent is attracting a rapidly expanding group of consulting experts from across the United States. Our virtual office environment does away with geographic boundaries that restrict the productivity of conventional company models. We complete the package by offering a full benefit plan to promote the health and financial security of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, our marketing and operations teams live up to the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progentís success are enabling us to target and land the 50-60 new customers we are currently acquiring every month. We recently marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why we are also an effective marketing organization.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a key for success with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a continual series of technical challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Customers rely on consultants to perform the ďhard stuff.Ē Creative projects, advanced implementations, puzzling or entrenched issues, and difficult migrations are the basis for what we do daily. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for network professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every day excited about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will work with some great people, both by establishing strong client contacts and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented organization from top to bottom. If you do not have strong communications skills or like working with a diverse assortment of people, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good match.
If this sounds right for you, we urge you to contact us about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Professional Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well architected and executed network is a crucial piece for enabling a firm's success, and Progent follows this philosophy in our corporate system infrastructure. Progent has built a non-stop virtual office network that enables Progent's in-house consultants and authorized contractors to offer fast and efficient service, collaborate easily on sophisticated projects, and experience professional and private maturity by being a member of a dynamic company ethos of personal drive and independence.