One of the premiere IT consultant firms for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a large team of talented service professionals who concentrate on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- System security expertise
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Remote IT support and network management
Our Experts Group, which contracts freelance consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, offers highly refined knowledge covering a wide range of vital software areas and network technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and application software
- Support for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- BI consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web-based application development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and management consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Innovative models for finding customers, providing service, maintaining a dynamic working environment, and offering generous compensation have allowed us to be one of the fastest expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the United States and to build a worldwide organization for providing online network assistance. If you are an accredited IT technician or information technology consultant with an orientation towards a client success and excellent people skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent an opportunity for enhancing your professional skills, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining financial security.
Find Out More Information Concerning Working with Progent
Check out these pages to find out additional details concerning Progent's work opportunities, company culture, operational environment, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Careers at Progent
Progent is hiring a range of full-time workers including motivated Microsoft MCSE computer consultants; connectivity consultants with Cisco certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant network design with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop environments, business continuity planning, data protection, and virtual servers. We are also hiring desktop support technicians, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISM accredited security engineers. We are also seeking veteran managers able to operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Learn more information concerning full-time professional services jobs at Progent by referring to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Contract Jobs with Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals who have in-depth expertise and field background in high-demand IT areas beyond Progent's primary technical concentration. Our Experts Team includes independent consultants who offer advice and programming services for strategic solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess deep knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide world-class help in technologies such as telecommunications, web site development, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and administration. Freelance contractors premier by us coordinate with our in-house engineers to deliver comprehensive solutions for small business networks. In order to find out additional details concerning contracting jobs with Progent's Experts Team, see Contract Work at Progent.
How Progent Is Different
Progent has been able to recruit the top professional talent by being unique. With an innovative mix of enterprising spirit, dedication to customer satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technology, plus a flexible business structure that accommodates quality-of-life choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic culture for talented individuals who have a desire for quickly enhancing their professional abilities to create real-world benefits for a range of businesses and network environments. Find out more information about how Progent is exceptional by going to Ways That We Are Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office environment provides sophisticated technical tools that allow remote support, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of our support databases, and instant cooperation with mobile team members to allow you to resolve business-critical IT issues. Our virtual office structure allows consultants to focus on providing service instead of dealing with commutes and helps you establish successful client relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to find out additional details concerning our virtual office infrastructure, go to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is directly based on the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the option of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to work at an easy pace, utilizing our versatile structure to follow individual pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to make significant income by hard effort and long consulting time. Progent also provides comprehensive family health care coverage plus numerous additional benefits. Learn additional details about Progent's compensation and benefits by referring to Our Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Employment at Progent FAQs
For answers to frequent enquiries about being employed by Progent, go to Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Below is a description of Progent's present job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert -
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to help a variety of small and midsize businesses to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize organizations maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Senior Exchange Consultant - , Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and implementation projects. The right candidate should be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This role demands experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Jobs
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive selection of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Generating and articulating key elements of consulting proposals which associate our services with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing ongoing client management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving IT technology
Specifics about Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to ask about any position shown above, you should e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Please state the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
More Information About Opportunities with Us
Career Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent wants to hire fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft certified engineers with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco certified system consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security consultants with CISM or comparable security certification; and high-end network architecture experts with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high uptime, workplace recovery, data protection, and VMware. Progent also is looking for employees to work on our team of help desk service technicians and remote troubleshooting experts. Also, We are seeking talented administrators able to operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of skilled and motivated professionals, providing attentive client services, and offering a competitive results-based pricing structure, We have been able to expand our customer list dramatically while providing professional services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared knowledge base, and a group strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a talented staff and a loyal customer base.
If you are a network professional with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or helping Progent's clients will expand your knowledge via interaction with our group of mutually supportive, expert engineers. Progent's focus on delivering information technology expertise and technical help to small companies will give you the chance to work closely with decision makers and contribute significantly to the success of dynamic businesses.
We are hiring technical professionals who have recognized credentials in their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. In the case of Cisco consultants, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or one of the other top security certifications. Naturally, we are aware of ďpaper MCSEs.Ē Still, simply because a certificate does not ensure expertise is no justification for not earning one. If you know your stuff, then most of those certifications should pose no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself a professional, then customers expect certifications. Progent can market your talents, but you should have standard credentials for Progent to work with. If you are adamantly opposed to the idea of certifications, we can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are probably not a good fit.
Contract Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, our consulting professionals have offered affordable and effective network support services for businesses in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared support knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have enabled us to retain a strong consulting group and quickly grow a loyal clientele.
The Experts Group is our way to offer customers the help of expert computer consulting professionals who have advanced skills and field experience in key areas outside of our primary focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team members are often independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by us to work closely with our in-house consultants to deliver comprehensive, enterprise-class network solutions to small and midsize companies. Progent is always enhancing our Experts Team to meet the special needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group now offers consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Strategic and specialized program help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special program design and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and client portal design and integration
- Database management and efficiency help
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Advantages of being part of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to leverage the momentum of Progent's dramatic expansion and excellent reputation in the industry. By having a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, offering attentive customer support, and practicing a strong, value-focused pricing structure, Progent has multiplied our clientele during the last several years and Progent currently provides professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in and across the United States.
- Our experienced marketing team takes care of all facets of marketing your skills and technical expertise into our quickly expanding client base, so you spend less effort signing up customers and more time making revenue.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's core team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who are the gateway to the influential managers among our customers.
- Our selling and operations groups will take care of the entire selling and contracting cycle, from lead identification, project approval, customer needs description, skills matching, job scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus stays with delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- We will gives you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including professional conference locations throughout the San Francisco area, and data and voice access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to our vast knowledge base, procedures based on leading practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the shared experience from one of 's largest independent groups of expert consulting professionals.
- We will pass on special benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, web access to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use programs for education and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to become part of our Experts Group, but we do have strict requirements for membership:
- You must have a proven track record as a consulting professional working on your own in your area of specialization, including at least a two year history of completed consulting jobs and/or have an active customer base for whom you now deliver ongoing support services.
- You should demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of specialization, including having a long work-related history and strong referrals, and have up-to-date manufacturer and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You must be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your skills. You should have strong people skills and know how to work efficiently by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You need to be able to explain realistic goals to customers and other Progent consultants and you need to be able evaluate projects, produce task plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a better consultant by enhancing your information technology skills and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the top professional talent for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art system architecture, using specialized application utilities to deliver the highest level of service, and by optimizing our business structures for finding and keeping customers.
The decisive factor that differentiates Progent from typical consulting firms is the excellence of our consulting team. Among the 50 or so consulting experts who have joined us, we have assembled the best talent across a broad range of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Macintosh, Linux, VMware, or other vital technologies, we engage professionals who can enable you to be effective on larger jobs by leveraging the collective skills of our group of experts.
To ensure the success of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful technology to perform the work properly. Progent will leverage technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office environment enables seamless communications, collaboration, and information exchange with other Progent consultants ó entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. You donít waste time or forfeit revenue because of regular commutes to a conventional office building, and any driving you do for in-person client jobs is based on your own schedule, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that much of our consulting services can be done off-site, representing maximum productivity for income-producing hours. In fact, some of our team members do off-site consulting exclusively.
Progent's business structure is set up for responding quickly and effectively to customer requirements via knowledge exchange and collaborative problem solving. Although Progent's engineers operate with a high level of independence, dispatching is unified, client problems and solutions are carefully tracked, recorded, and organized for easy reference, current consultant availability is broadcast to facilitate group projects and simplify trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is always monitored. We reinforce the sense of connection via monthly workgroup meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
Most of our consultants are located throughout California, however we are building a rapidly growing group of consulting professionals throughout America. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic boundaries that restrict the productivity of traditional company models. We enhance the deal by offering a comprehensive employee care plan to ensure the physical health and economic welfare of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, Progent's sales and administration teams live up to the excellence that is Progent. These top-notch factors behind our growth are helping us to identify and land the scores of new customers we are now engaging each month. Progent recently marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong marketing operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a key for success with Progent. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of network challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Customers choose consultants to perform the toughest jobs. Creative tasks, advanced deployments, vexing or chronic problems, and tricky upgrades are the basis for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for computer professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every day excited about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by building strong client relationships and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-oriented organization heart and soul. If you do not have strong communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied group of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor fit.
If all this seems good to you, we invite you to talk to us about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully architected and implemented information system is a crucial factor for enabling a company's growth, and Progent follows this philosophy in our corporate network infrastructure. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office network that enables our in-house engineers and certified contractors to deliver rapid and efficient support, collaborate closely on sophisticated jobs, and experience career and personal growth by acting as part of a dynamic company ethos of self motivation and freedom.