Among America's top IT consultant firms for business systems, Progent maintains a large staff of certified service professionals who concentrate on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, access points, plus VoIP solutions
- System security consulting
- Advanced system infrastructures
- Remote IT support and network administration
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts independent experts premier and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally refined knowledge in a broad variety of critical business applications and network solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web application software design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and DBA help
- Microsoft Office Access database application development, migration and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 training
Creative structures for finding customers, delivering support, nurturing a dynamic working environment, and providing generous profit sharing have enabled us to be among the fastest growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the U.S. and to establish an international presence for delivering online IT expertise. If you are a certified computer technician or information technology consultant with an orientation towards a customer success and strong people skills, consultants will find in Progent an opportunity for adding to your professional knowledge, developing a more independent lifestyle, and achieving economic success.
Find Out Additional Information About Jobs with Progent
Follow these pages to learn additional details concerning Progent's job openings, business philosophy, operational conditions, compensation structure, and benefits:
Consulting Work at Progent
Progent is seeking a variety of full-time employees including motivated Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP network engineers; connectivity consultants with Cisco CCIE certification; and consultants for advanced system architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, high-availability environments, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent is also looking for workstation support experts, remote service professionals, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA certified security professionals. We are also seeking experienced managers and administrators who can perform efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn additional information concerning full-time consulting positions at Progent by visiting Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities at Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals with specialized expertise and field background in crucial information technology topics beyond our main service concentration. Our Experts Group employs contractors who offer advice and programming services for line-of-business applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have deep knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer expert help in technologies such as telecom, web development, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM programming and management. Independent consultants certified by Progent coordinate with our full-time consultants to deliver end-to-end IT services for small business networks. To learn additional information about contracting work with our Experts Team, visit Freelance Jobs with Progent.
How We Are Different
We have managed to recruit the best consulting experts by being different. Providing a powerful blend of enterprising drive, commitment to client success, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus a flexible business model that accommodates quality-of-life choices for our consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating environment for select individuals who posses a drive for rapidly enhancing their technical abilities to deliver real-world solutions for a range of organizations and technical environments. Find out more information concerning reasons we are unique by visiting How Progent Is Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office network uses advanced technical tools that enable off-site support, wireless connectivity, convenient access to Progent's knowledge bases, and close collaboration with mobile colleagues to allow you to handle challenging network issues. Progent's virtual office setting allows consultants to focus on providing IT solutions instead of dealing with commutes and helps you build lasting customer relationships by enabling you to provide fast, effective, and affordable solutions. In order to learn more details about Progent's virtual office network, go to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is entirely tied to the revenue you contribute. You have the option of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's versatile schedule to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn considerable income by persistent work and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers full family health care insurance as well as many other benefits. Find out additional details about Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by referring to Our Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent FAQs
To see answers to frequent enquiries about becoming employed by Progent, see Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
This is a description of some current job openings:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a range of small and midsize organizations to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Job
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment projects. The right candidate should be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This position would require a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these platforms.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling Progent's extensive selection of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
More information about Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating crucial elements of consulting propositions that associate our deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving technology
If you would like to apply for any position listed above, please send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to state the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
Details Concerning Work at Progent
Career Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Support Professionals
Progent wants to find full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credentials; Cisco certified network engineers who have Cisco credentials; security professionals with CISM or equivalent security certification; and advanced network design experts with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high uptime, disaster recovery, information preservation, and VMware. Progent also is hiring professionals who can join Progent's team of desktop support technicians and remote troubleshooting experts. Also, Progent is looking for talented administrators able to operate productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a staff of talented and motivated consultants, delivering world-class customer care, and following a competitive results-focused pricing structure, We have managed to increase our client list rapidly while providing professional services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared information base, and a group approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a talented staff and a loyal customer list.
If you are an information technology professional with technical support expertise, teaming with Progent or working for our customers will expand your skills via interaction with our staff of mutually supportive, expert consultants. Our commitment to delivering information technology expertise and technical help to small and midsize organizations will offer you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the growth of dynamic businesses.
Progent is hiring technical professionals that have recognized certification related to their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco professionals, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should have you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security certifications. Naturally, we are aware of “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, the fact that a certificate does not guarantee excellence is no reason for not having one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of these tests should present no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you call yourself an expert, then clients expect credentials. Progent will market your talents, but you must provide basic credentials for us to work with. If you are strongly opposed to the concept of certifications, Progent can understand and honor your opinion, but you are probably not a good fit.
Contract Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, our consulting engineers have provided affordable and effective computer support services for companies in the and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a shared technical knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a strong in-house team and dramatically expand a loyal client base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide customers the services of expert information technology support engineers who have in-depth knowledge and work background in key areas beyond our primary concentration in system support and security. Experts Group consultants are often freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly certified by Progent to collaborate with our in-house consultants to deliver end-to-end, world-class information technology services to small and midsize businesses. Progent is continually expanding the Experts Group in order to meet the special requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Group currently offers support in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Strategic and specialized application support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Custom applications development and integration
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and customer information portal design and deployment
- DBM support and performance help
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications systems consulting
Benefits of being a member of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with Progent, you get to leverage the momentum of our explosive expansion and excellent reputation in the industry. By having a group of talented and committed consultants, providing excellent client care, and practicing a proven, ROI-focused pricing model, we have multiplied our clientele over the past several years and Progent now provides professoinal support to hundreds of companies in California and across the United States.
- Our veteran marketing staff takes care of all facets of promoting your services and areas of expertise into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you spend less time signing up customers and more time generating revenue.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and our core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who act as the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's clients.
- Progent's selling and operations teams will take care of the complete selling and contracting process, from lead identification, project qualification, customer requirements definition, skills matching, job analysis proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your exclusive focus is on delivering high-level consulting service.
- We will gives you access to our sophisticated virtual office environment, offering convenient meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice access throughout the United States.
- You will have access to our vast knowledge base, procedures based on leading practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced consulting engineers.
- Progent will share partner-only benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, on-line access to restricted vendor support utilities and product maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use programs for education or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to be part of Progent's Experts Team, but we do have the following requirements for membership:
- You should have a proven track record as a consultant operating on your own in your field of specialization, including at least a two year history of successful consulting projects or you must have your own active customer base for whom you now deliver continuing consulting activity.
- You should show that you are an expert in your field of concentration, including showing a long task-relevant record and excellent referrals, and have current vendor or industry professional qualifications.
- You have to know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and assured in your abilities. You need to have excellent communications skills and know how to operate efficiently alone or as part of a team.
- You need to be able to explain realistic expectations to customers and fellow Progent team members and you need to be able evaluate jobs, create task plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's work environment will make you a better professional by improving your information technology skills and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the best consulting talent for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art system architecture, running specialized application utilities to enable the highest level of support, and by optimizing our operational structures for attracting and retaining customers.
The decisive factor that separates Progent from most consulting firms is the excellence of our consulting team. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have joined us, we have assembled the best talent covering a broad array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other key application, we deploy professionals who can help you to be effective on larger projects by combining the aggregate experience of our group of experts.
To promote the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful technology to perform the work efficiently. Progent will leverage technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows effortless connectivity, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with other Progent team members — entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. You don’t throw away time or lose revenue with regular drives to a conventional office, and any travel you do for in-person customer jobs is based on your schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that most of Progent's support services can be done off-site, offering 100% efficiency for billable time. In fact, some of our staff do off-site consulting exclusively.
Our business structure is geared towards responding quickly and efficiently to client requirements through information exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Even though Progent's engineers work with a high level of freedom, dispatching is centralized, client issues and resolutions are meticulously tracked, recorded, and archived for convenient retrieval, up-to-date engineer availability is broadcast to facilitate group projects and simplify trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is continually evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation via monthly workgroup meetings and regular corporate events.
The majority of our consultants are located throughout California, but we are attracting a rapidly expanding group of consulting experts throughout America. Progent's virtual office infrastructure does away with regional obstacles that limit the productivity of conventional business models. We complete the deal by offering a full benefit program to ensure the physical health and economic security of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and administration groups match the excellence that characterizes Progent. These high-performance factors behind our growth are helping us to target and land the scores of new clients we are now engaging every month. We recently marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th client. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a steady series of network challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Clients choose a consultant to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, leading-edge deployments, vexing or chronic issues, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for computer professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every day excited about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some great folks, both by establishing close client relationships and by working closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused organization from top to bottom. If you do not offer strong communications skills or like working with a varied group of personalities, then we are probably not a good match.
If all this seems good to you, we urge you to contact us about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Technical Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully architected and implemented information system can be a crucial factor for accelerating a company's growth, and Progent applies this belief in our own network environment. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows Progent's in-house engineers and certified contractors to offer fast and efficient support, cooperate closely on sophisticated projects, and gain from professional and private maturity by being a member of a dynamic business culture of personal drive and freedom.