Among America's top computer consultant firms for business networks, Progent maintains a large team of certified service experts who concentrate on core technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP products
- System security analysis
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Remote troubleshooting and network administration
Progent's Experts Team, which contracts freelance experts certified and managed by Progent, offers highly refined skills covering a broad variety of vital business areas and networking solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and management consulting
- Microsoft Access database application programming, enhancement and training
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 training
Creative models for acquiring customers, providing support, nurturing a dynamic working environment, and offering generous profit sharing have enabled us to become one of the fastest growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant companies in America and to build a worldwide presence for delivering remote network assistance. If you are an accredited computer technician or network expert with an orientation towards a client success and strong people skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent an opportunity for adding to your professional skills, developing a more rewarding lifestyle, and attaining economic security.
Learn More Details About Jobs with Progent
Check out these links to learn additional information about Progent's work openings, company culture, work conditions, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
We are looking for a variety of on-staff employees including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCP network engineers; system experts with CCIE certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant network architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability environments, business continuity planning, data preservation, and server virtualization. We are also looking for workstation support technicians, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISM certified security consultants. We are also hiring veteran managers and administrators who can perform efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Find out additional details concerning staff professional services jobs at Progent by referring to Consulting Work at Progent.
Freelance Work at Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants who have specialized expertise and field background in important information technology areas outside Progent's main service concentration. Our Experts Group employs contractors who can provide consulting and programming services for line-of-business applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer expert skills in technologies like telecommunications, web site design, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and administration. Independent contractors premier by Progent cooperate with our in-house consultants to provide end-to-end IT services for small company networks. To learn more information concerning freelance work with our Experts Team, visit Freelance Work at Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Unique
Progent has managed to attract the top consulting talent by being unique. Providing a powerful blend of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to client success, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus an independent business model that allows for life-style options for our consulting team, Progent creates a stimulating culture for talented individuals who posses a drive for rapidly improving their technical abilities to deliver real-world benefits for a range of businesses and network environments. Find out more information concerning reasons Progent is exceptional by visiting Ways That We Are Unique.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office model uses advanced technologies that enable off-site support, wireless connectivity, easy access to our support databases, and close collaboration with talented team members to help you to handle business-critical IT problems. Our virtual office model enables consultants to focus on providing IT solutions rather than dealing with traffic and helps consultants nurture lasting customer relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, effective, and affordable solutions. In order to find out more details concerning our virtual office infrastructure, refer to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you make is directly determined by the revenue you generate. You have the choice of concentrating on life style and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's flexible schedule to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can choose to make significant money through persistent work and long consulting time. Progent also offers comprehensive family health care insurance plus numerous additional benefits. Find out more details concerning our compensation and benefits by going to Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see answers to common enquiries concerning becoming employed by Progent, see Working with Progent Questions and Answers.
Here is a description of some present job opportunities:
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant -
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the to help a variety of small and midsize businesses to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Job
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize businesses manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Positions
Senior Exchange Consultant - , Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange consultant to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange planning and implementation projects. The ideal candidate would be a computer consultant with mastery in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This position would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these platforms.
More information on Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Job
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's comprehensive portfolio of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Generating and articulating key elements of service propositions that associate our services with an organization's IT goals
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly changing IT technology
Specifics on Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to enquire about any opening listed above, please e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the code numbers of the positions of interest.
Details About Work at Progent
Staff Work for Network Engineers, Computer Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco certified network consultants with Cisco certification; security consultants who have CISA or equivalent security credentials; and high-end network design experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high uptime, business continuity, information preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is hiring employees to work on Progent's team of desktop support specialists and remote troubleshooting professionals. In addition, We are hiring talented managers able to operate productively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing attentive client services, and following a competitive results-based pricing structure, We have managed to expand our client list rapidly while delivering consulting support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared information base, and a group approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a skilled staff and a satisfied client base.
For a network consultant with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or helping our clients will expand your knowledge through interaction with our group of mutually supportive, expert engineers. Our focus on delivering network consulting and computer help to small companies will offer you the chance to collaborate closely with key players and add appreciably to the success of exciting companies.
We are hiring technical professionals who have recognized certification in their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco professionals, show us your CCIE or CCNP credential. For security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or other leading security credentials. Of course, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Still, the fact that a certificate does not guarantee excellence is no reason for not earning one. If you know your stuff, then most of those certifications should pose no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you are a professional, then clients deserve to see credentials. Progent can broadcast your talents, but you must have a baseline of credentials for us to market. In case you are strongly against the concept of certifications, we can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's information technology professionals have offered low-cost and successful network consulting expertise for small businesses in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared technical knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have enabled Progent to build a talented in-house team and quickly expand a loyal client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide clients the services of expert computer support engineers who have advanced knowledge and work experience in key areas beyond our primary focus in network infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are typically freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by us to work closely with Progent's staff consultants to provide end-to-end, world-class network solutions to small and midsize companies. We are continually enhancing the Experts Team in order to meet the special requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Team currently provides support in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Mission-critical and specialized program support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom applications development and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal design and deployment
- Database support and performance consulting
- Business information expertise
- Telecom architecture support
Benefits of becoming part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to benefit from the momentum of our dramatic expansion and excellent reputation in the industry. By having a group of skilled and committed consultants, providing excellent customer care, and practicing a strong, value-focused pricing model, we have multiplied our customer base during the past few years and Progent now delivers professoinal support to hundreds of companies in California and across the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing team handles all aspects of promoting your services and areas of knowledge into our quickly expanding client base, so you spend less time signing up clients and more time generating revenue.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and our core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who are the conduit to the key executives among our clients.
- Progent's sales and operations staffs will manage the entire selling and contracting process, from opportunity generation, project qualification, client requirements definition, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility stays with delivering top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will provide you access to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, offering professional meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, and data and voice connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the shared experience from one of 's largest pool of experienced network engineers.
- Progent will pass on partner-only benefits from top vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted educational seminars, on-line access to restricted vendor support utilities and technical maintenance resources, and on-line internal use programs for training or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to be part of our Experts Group, but we do have the following qualifications to join:
- You need to have a proven background as a consultant working independently in your field of expertise, including at least a two year history of successful contracting projects and/or have your own active customer base for which you now provide continuing support services.
- You have to demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of specialization, including having a long work-related history and excellent referrals, and possess up-to-date vendor or industry professional certifications.
- You have to be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your skills. You need to have excellent inter-personal skills and be able to operate effectively alone or as a member of a team.
- You need to know how to articulate proper goals to customers and fellow Progent consultants and you have to be able evaluate projects, produce task plans, and estimate reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's company culture will make you a more capable consulting professional by improving your technical knowledge and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the best professional experts for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, running specialized application tools to deliver the maximum quality of service, and by streamlining our operational structures for attracting and retaining clients.
The main factor that distinguishes us from typical consulting firms is the quality of our support professionals. Out of the scores of consultants who have teamed with us, we have recruited the best expertise across a wide range of technologies. Whether it’s Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Apple, Linux, server virtualization, or other key application, we deploy experts who can enable you to be effective on major projects by leveraging the collective experience of our team of experts.
To promote the success of Progent's team, we invest heavily in providing the best technology to do the job efficiently. Progent will exploit information technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows effortless communications, cooperation, and information exchange with other Progent team members — entirely from home-based or mobile offices. Consultants don’t waste time or forfeit revenue with daily drives to a conventional office, and any travel you do for on-site client jobs is based on your schedule, not ours. The most attractive part is that much of our consulting work can be performed off-site, representing 100% efficiency for billable hours. In practice, some of our staff do remote consulting exclusively.
Our business structure is set up for reacting quickly and effectively to customer needs via knowledge sharing and collaborative problem solving. Although Progent's engineers work with a great deal of independence, dispatching is centralized, client issues and resolutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and organized for convenient reference, up-to-date consultant availability is broadcast to streamline group projects and enable problem escalation, and customer satisfaction is continually evaluated. We strengthen the sense of connection through monthly workgroup meetings and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of our consultants are situated across California, but Progent is attracting a quickly growing team of network professionals throughout the United States. Our virtual office environment does away with geographic boundaries that restrict the efficiency of traditional business structures. We complete the deal by providing a full benefit plan to promote the health and financial welfare of our team members and their families.
Just as we have awesome consultants, our sales and administration teams live up to the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progent’s success are helping us to target and sign up the scores of new clients we are now engaging each month. Progent lately celebrated the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective marketing operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a steady series of technical challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Clients rely on consultants to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, advanced deployments, vexing or entrenched problems, and tricky migrations are the basis for what we do daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for computer professionals in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every day excited about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful people, both by building close client contacts and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization heart and soul. If you do not have strong people skills or enjoy working with a diverse group of personalities, then Progent is probably a poor fit.
If this sounds good to you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully architected and executed information system is a pivotal factor for accelerating a firm's success, and Progent applies this credo in our own system environment. Progent has built a zero-downtime virtual office network that enables our staff engineers and authorized contractors to offer rapid and effective service, collaborate closely on sophisticated jobs, and experience career and private maturity from acting as a member of an exciting business culture of self motivation and freedom.