Among America's top computer consulting firms for business networks, Progent maintains a large staff of talented support professionals who concentrate on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security expertise
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and network management
Progent's Experts Group, which includes freelance consultants premier and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally refined skills covering a wide variety of vital software applications and networking technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- BI consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application development, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and DBA help
- Microsoft Access database development, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Innovative models for acquiring clients, delivering support, establishing an efficient working environment, and offering highly competitive compensation and benefits have allowed us to become among the most rapidly expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant firms in America and to build an international organization for delivering remote network service. If you are a certified computer support professional or network consultant with an orientation towards a client success and excellent communication skills, consultants should consider Progent an opportunity for enhancing your technical knowledge, developing a more independent career, and attaining economic success.
Find Out Additional Details Concerning Working with Progent
Follow these pages to find out more details concerning our work openings, business culture, work environment, compensation model, and benefits:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
We are looking for a variety of full-time workers including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer engineers; connectivity consultants with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and specialists in advanced system architecture with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability environments, business continuity solutions, data protection, and virtual servers. We are also looking for desktop support experts, off-site service specialists, and CISSP or CISA certified security engineers. Progent is also seeking experienced managers and administrators able to operate efficiently in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Find out more information about full-time professional services work at Progent by going to Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities with Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals who have proven knowledge and field background in high-demand IT topics beyond Progent's primary technical focus. Progent's Experts Team hires freelance consultants who can provide advice and programming services for strategic solutions that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have specialized expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer world-class skills in areas like telecom, web site design, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle DBM programming and administration. Freelance contractors certified by Progent cooperate with Progent's in-house engineers to provide end-to-end IT services for small company networks. If you want to find out more details about freelance opportunities with Progent's Experts Team, go to Contracting Jobs at Progent.
Ways That We Are Unique
We have been able to attract the top consulting talent by being different. Providing a powerful mix of enterprising spirit, dedication to client success, use of state-of-the-art technical tools, plus a flexible business structure that accommodates life-style choices for Progent's team members, Progent creates a dynamic culture for talented individuals who have a drive for quickly improving their technical abilities to create concrete solutions for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Find out more details concerning how we are different by going to Ways That Progent Is Different.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office network utilizes sophisticated technical tools that support off-site access, wireless connectivity, convenient access to Progent's support databases, and instant collaboration with mobile team members to help you to solve challenging network issues. Progent's virtual office environment allows consultants to concentrate on providing IT solutions instead of dealing with traffic and lets you establish lasting client relationships by enabling you to provide quick, viable, and affordable solutions. In order to find out additional information about Progent's virtual office infrastructure, visit Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is entirely determined by the revenue you generate. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on life style and choosing to work at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's flexible schedule to make time for individual pursuits, or you can choose to earn considerable money through persistent effort and long consulting time. Progent also offers complete family health coverage plus numerous other benefits. Find out additional details about Progent's compensation and benefits by visiting Our Compensation Model and Benefits.
Employment at Progent Questions and Answers
For answers to common questions about becoming a consultant at Progent, visit Employment at Progent Questions and Answers.
This is a description of some current job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to help a variety of small organizations to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information on Desktop Support Expert Positions
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize organizations maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Senior Exchange Expert - Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to lead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and deployment projects. The ideal candidate should be a technical consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This position calls for a background in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant Jobs
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's broad portfolio of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
More information about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining key elements of engagement proposals that align our deliverables with an organization's IT goals
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Explaining rapidly evolving technology
If you would like to apply for any position listed above, please send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
More Information Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Career Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire full-time, results-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco accredited network consultants who have CCIE certification; security consultants with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security certification; and high-end network design consultants with a background in mobile access, wireless connectivity, service continuity, business continuity, information protection, and server virtualization. Progent also is looking for professionals to join our staff of help desk support technicians and remote support experts. In addition, We are hiring talented managers able to operate effectively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of talented and dedicated professionals, providing attentive client care, and following a strong value-based pricing structure, We have managed to increase our customer list rapidly while delivering professional support to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common information database, and a group approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a loyal customer list.
For an information technology professional with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's clients will expand your skills via cooperation with our group of highly supportive, expert engineers. Progent's focus on delivering network expertise and technical help to small companies will give you the opportunity to work intimately with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the success of dynamic businesses.
Progent is hiring consultants who can show recognized credentials related to their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your MCSE credential. In the case of Cisco professionals, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should show you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or other top security credentials. Of course, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, the fact that a credential does not ensure excellence is no excuse for not owning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of those certifications should be no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then customers expect certifications. We can market your skills, but you need to have standard credentials for us to market. In case you happen to be strongly against the idea of certifications, Progent can understand and honor your opinion, but you are probably not a good fit.
Contract Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's consulting engineers have provided low-cost and effective computer support services for businesses in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common support database, and a team philosophy for problem solving have enabled Progent to build a strong consulting group and dramatically grow a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Group is our way to offer clients the help of specialized information technology support professionals who have advanced knowledge and field experience in important areas outside of Progent's primary focus in network support and security. Experts Group consultants are often independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by us to work closely with our staff consultants to deliver comprehensive, world-class information technology services to small and midsize businesses. We are continually enhancing the Experts Group to meet the particular needs of our clients.
Our Experts Team currently provides support in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Line-of-business and vertical program help
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special program development and deployment
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and customer portal development and integration
- DBM management and efficiency help
- Business intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications architecture support
Benefits of becoming part of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you can benefit from the momentum of our explosive growth and top-notch reputation in the marketplace. By having a group of skilled and dedicated consultants, offering excellent customer care, and practicing a strong, ROI-focused billing model, we have multiplied our customer base during the past few years and Progent now provides consulting support to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the United States.
- Our veteran marketing team takes care of all aspects of promoting your services and technical knowledge into our rapidly expanding customer base, so you expend less effort finding customers and extra time generating revenue.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and Progent's key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who act as the gateway to the influential managers among our customers.
- Our sales and administration groups will manage the entire sales and engagement cycle, from lead identification, project approval, client needs description, skills matching, project scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus is on providing high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you access to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering convenient conference locations in the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive knowledge base, processes based on best practices, library of professional publications, and the aggregate experience from one of 's largest independent groups of expert information technology engineers.
- Progent will share special benefits from leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted training classes, web access to restricted vendor support utilities and product maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use programs for training and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to be a member of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has these requirements for membership:
- You need to show a proven background as a consultant working independently in your area of expertise, including at least a two year history of successful consulting jobs or you must have your own active customer base for whom you currently provide continuing consulting services.
- You have to show that you are an expert in your field of specialization, which includes showing a long task-relevant record and excellent references, and possess up-to-date vendor and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You need to be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You should have strong communications skills and understand how to operate successfully by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You should know how to communicate realistic goals to clients and other Progent team members and you should know how scope out projects, create project plans, and define realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Network Engineers
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by improving your technical knowledge and boosting the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the best professional talent for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, using specialized application utilities to deliver the highest level of service, and by streamlining proven business structures for finding and maintaining customers.
The decisive factor that separates Progent from most network support firms is the high caliber of our consulting team. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have recruited the best talent across a wide array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, corporate security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other key application, we deploy experts who can help you to be effective on major projects by leveraging the aggregate experience of Progent's team of professionals.
To promote the success of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful tools to do the job efficiently. We will leverage information technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office environment allows seamless communications, collaboration, and information sharing with other Progent consultants — all from at-home or mobile offices. Consultants don’t throw away time or lose revenue with daily drives to a physical office building, and any travel you do for on-site client work is determined by your schedule, not ours. The best benefit is that most of Progent's consulting work can be done off-site, offering 100% productivity for billable time. In practice, some Progent team members do off-site support exclusively.
Our operations are set up for responding rapidly and effectively to client needs via knowledge sharing and cooperative problem solving. Even though Progent's engineers work with a high level of freedom, dispatching is unified, client issues and solutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and archived for easy reference, current engineer schedules are published to streamline team projects and enable trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is always monitored. We reinforce the sense of cooperation through monthly workgroup meetings and regular company-wide events.
Most of our team is located across California, however Progent is attracting a rapidly growing team of consulting experts throughout the United States. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional boundaries that limit the efficiency of conventional business models. We complete the package by offering a comprehensive employee care plan to ensure the health and economic welfare of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have world-class consultants, Progent's sales and administration groups live up to the high standards that defines Progent. These top-notch factors behind our success are enabling us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are currently acquiring each month. We lately celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales operation.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with us. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being exposed to a continual series of network challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Customers rely on a consultant to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, leading-edge deployments, vexing or entrenched problems, and difficult migrations are the basis for what we do every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for network professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every morning excited about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will work with some great people, both by building close client contacts and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused company heart and soul. If you do not have strong communications skills or like working with a diverse assortment of personalities, then we are probably not a good fit.
If all this sounds right for you, we invite you to talk to us about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and implemented network can be a pivotal factor for accelerating any firm's growth, and we follow this belief in our own system environment. Progent has built a non-stop virtual office infrastructure that allows our in-house consultants and certified contractors to deliver rapid and efficient service, cooperate closely on sophisticated projects, and experience professional and personal growth by being part of an exciting company culture of personal drive and freedom.