One of the premiere IT consultant companies for business networks, Progent manages a large staff of talented support experts who concentrate on core technologies including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus VoIP products
- Enterprise security analysis
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and network management
Our Experts Group, which contracts freelance consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized knowledge covering a broad variety of vital business applications and networking technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Business Intelligence expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web app design, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Access application development, migration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 online training
Innovative structures for finding clients, delivering service, creating an efficient working environment, and offering highly competitive compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to be among the fastest growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant companies in America and to build an international presence for delivering online network assistance. If you are an accredited computer technician or information technology consultant with a drive for a client success and excellent people skills, consultants will find in Progent an opportunity for increasing your professional knowledge, living a more independent career, and attaining economic success.
Find Out More Details Concerning Working at Progent
Check out these pages to learn more details about Progent's work opportunities, business culture, work conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Full-time Careers at Progent
Progent is seeking a range of full-time workers including experienced Microsoft MCSE computer engineers; system experts who have Cisco CCIE certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant system design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop systems, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also seeking workstation support experts, off-site service specialists, and CISSP accredited security professionals. We are also hiring veteran managers who can perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out more details about full-time consulting work at Progent by visiting Consulting Work at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities at Progent
Progent works with independent professionals with in-depth expertise and field experience in important information technology topics outside Progent's main technical concentration. Our Experts Group includes contractors who can provide consulting and development services for strategic applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess in-depth knowledge of popular platforms such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer world-class skills in areas like telecom, web design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle Database development and management. Freelance contractors certified by Progent cooperate with our in-house consultants to provide comprehensive IT services for small business networks. If you want to learn additional details concerning contracting jobs with our Experts Team, see Freelance Opportunities at Progent.
Reasons That We Are Different
Progent has managed to recruit the best consulting talent by being different. Providing an innovative mix of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to client success, use of advanced technology, plus an independent work structure that allows for life-style choices for our team members, Progent offers a stimulating environment for talented consultants who have a desire for quickly improving their professional abilities to create concrete benefits for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Learn additional information concerning how Progent is different by referring to Ways That Progent Is Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office environment utilizes advanced technical tools that allow off-site access, wireless communication, convenient access to Progent's support databases, and close cooperation with mobile colleagues to allow you to resolve challenging IT problems. Progent's virtual office environment frees you to focus on delivering service instead of dealing with traffic and helps you build lasting customer relationships by enabling you to come up with fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To learn more information concerning our virtual office network, go to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is directly determined by what you generate. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and electing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing our flexible structure to make time for personal pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn significant money by persistent work and long consulting time. Progent also offers comprehensive family health coverage plus numerous additional benefits. Learn additional details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by referring to Our Compensation and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers
To see replies to common questions about being employed by Progent, go to Jobs at Progent FAQs.
Below is a description of Progent's current job opportunities:
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert -
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a variety of small and midsize businesses to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Positions
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to assist our customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our client sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details on Desktop Engineer Job
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a variety of small and midsize businesses manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - , Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Microsoft Exchange consultant to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The ideal applicant would be a technical consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Active Directory. This role demands experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these technologies.
More information on Senior Exchange Expert Jobs
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
- Generating and articulating crucial elements of service propositions which align Progent's services with real business value
- Maintaining strong relationships with customers
- Providing continuing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually evolving IT technology
Specifics about Business Development Representative Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to apply for any job listed above, you should e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Please copy the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
Details About Work with Us
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Technicians
Progent wants to find fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE credentials; Cisco accredited system engineers with Cisco credentials; security professionals with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security credentials; and advanced network design experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, information protection, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks employees who can join our staff of helpdesk service specialists and remote troubleshooting professionals. Also, We are seeking talented managers who can perform productively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and dedicated consultants, delivering world-class client services, and following a strong value-based fee structure, Progent has been able to increase our customer base rapidly while providing consulting services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common information base, and a group approach to problem solving have helped Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied client list.
If you are an information technology consultant with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or working for Progent's clients can enhance your knowledge via cooperation with our staff of mutually supportive, talented engineers. Our focus on delivering network consulting and technical help to small and midsize companies will offer you the opportunity to collaborate closely with key players and add appreciably to the growth of exciting businesses.
Progent is looking for consultants that have verifiable credentials in their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer credential. In the case of Cisco professionals, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should have earned you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security certifications. Of course, Progent is aware of ďpaper MCSEs.Ē Notwithstanding, simply because a credential can not ensure excellence is no justification for not having one. If you know your stuff, then most of those certifications should present no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then customers deserve to see credentials. We will broadcast your skills, but you should have standard certifications for us to market. In case you are adamantly against the concept of credentials, we can understand and respect your position, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, Progent's information technology professionals have offered low-cost and effective network support expertise for businesses in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common support knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have enabled Progent to retain a talented consulting group and dramatically grow a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide customers the services of expert computer consulting engineers who have advanced skills and work experience in key technologies outside of our core concentration in network infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are typically freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by Progent to collaborate with our in-house engineers to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology services to small and midsize companies. Progent is continually expanding our Experts Group to address the particular requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group now offers consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Line-of-business and vertical program support
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom program design and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and customer portal development and integration
- Database support and performance help
- Business information expertise
- Telecom systems consulting
Benefits of becoming a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you can benefit from the impact of Progent's dramatic growth and excellent reputation in the market. By maintaining a team of talented and committed professionals, providing attentive customer care, and practicing a strong, value-oriented billing model, Progent has multiplied our clientele during the last several years and Progent currently provides professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in California and across the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff takes care of all facets of marketing your services and technical expertise into our quickly growing customer base, so you expend less time signing up clients and more time making money.
- Progent will facilitate communications between you and Progent's core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who are the conduit to the decision makers among our clients.
- Progent's selling and operations staffs will manage the entire sales and contracting process, from lead identification, project qualification, client requirements description, skills matching, project scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility stays with providing top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will gives you connections to our advanced virtual office environment, offering professional meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice access throughout the United States.
- You will have access to Progent's vast database, procedures based on best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert network engineers.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, web connections to restricted vendor support tools and technical maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use programs for training and/or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to become a member of our Experts Group, but Progent has strict qualifications for membership:
- You must have a strong track record as a consultant working independently in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year record of completed contracting jobs or you must have an active client base for whom you currently provide continuing support activity.
- You must demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of concentration, which includes having an extensive task-relevant history and excellent referrals, and have up-to-date manufacturer or institutional professional certifications.
- You must know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and confident in your skills. You must have strong inter-personal skills and understand how to operate efficiently alone or as part of a group.
- You have to know how to articulate proper expectations to clients and other Progent team members and you should know how evaluate tasks, create task plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Network Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will make you a more capable professional by improving your information technology skills and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by recruiting the top professional experts for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art system architecture, running proprietary application tools to deliver the highest level of service, and by optimizing proven operational structures for attracting and maintaining clients.
The main factor that distinguishes Progent from other network support firms is the high caliber of our consulting team. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have joined Progent, we have assembled the best talent across a broad array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other crucial technologies, we deploy experts who can help you to be effective on major projects by combining the aggregate experience of Progent's team of experts.
To promote the success of our team, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful tools to do the work properly. We will exploit information technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office environment enables seamless communications, collaboration, and information exchange with other Progent consultants ó all from home-based or mobile offices. You donít waste time or lose revenue with daily commutes to a physical office, and all driving you do for in-person customer work is determined by your own schedule, not ours. The best part is that most of our consulting work can be performed off-site, representing 100% efficiency for income-producing hours. In practice, some Progent staff do remote consulting only.
Our business structure is set up for reacting quickly and effectively to customer needs through knowledge exchange and collaborative problem solving. Although our consultants operate with a high level of independence, resource allocation is centralized, client issues and solutions are carefully tracked, documented, and archived for easy retrieval, current engineer schedules are broadcast to streamline team projects and enable trouble escalation, and client approval is always monitored. We strengthen the feeling of cooperation via monthly team meetings and regular company-wide events.
The majority of our team is located across California, however Progent is building a rapidly expanding team of consulting professionals from across the U.S. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with regional boundaries that limit the efficiency of conventional company structures. We enhance the package by offering a full employee care plan to promote the physical health and financial security of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, Progent's sales and operations teams match the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch contributors to our growth are helping us to identify and land the 50-60 new clients we are now engaging every month. Progent lately marked the providing of services to our 1,000th client. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales operation.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a continual series of network challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Clients rely on consulting firms to do the ďhard stuff.Ē Creative projects, advanced deployments, puzzling or chronic issues, and difficult migrations are the basis for our services every day. At Progent, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for computer professionals in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the challenges ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by establishing close customer contacts and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused company through and through. If you do not have strong people skills or like working with a diverse assortment of people, then Progent is probably not a good match.
If this sounds good to you, we urge you to contact us about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well designed and executed network is a crucial factor for accelerating any firm's success, and Progent follows this philosophy in our own network environment. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that allows our in-house consultants and authorized contractors to deliver fast and effective support, cooperate closely on sophisticated jobs, and gain from professional and personal growth by acting as part of a dynamic company culture of self motivation and freedom.