Among the top IT consultant companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent maintains a large team of talented service professionals who concentrate on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP products
- Network security consulting
- Advanced connectivity infrastructures
- Remote IT support and network management
Our Experts Group, which includes freelance experts certified and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized skills covering a broad variety of key business areas and networking technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- BI expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web application design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and management consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office and Office 365 online training
Creative structures for attracting clients, delivering service, establishing an efficient company culture, and offering highly competitive compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to become among the fastest expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consulting firms in the United States and to build an international organization for delivering remote IT assistance. If you are an accredited IT support professional or information technology consultant with a drive for a client service and excellent people skills, you will find in Progent an opportunity for enhancing your technical knowledge, developing a more rewarding career, and attaining financial success.
Learn More Details About Jobs at Progent
Check out these links to learn more information about our job openings, company culture, operational conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Full-time Careers at Progent
We are seeking a range of full-time employees such as experienced Microsoft MCSE network consultants; connectivity experts with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant network design with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, non-stop systems, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and virtual servers. We are also looking for workstation support technicians, off-site service professionals, and CISM or CISSP accredited security consultants. We are also hiring veteran managers and administrators able to perform efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Find out more information concerning staff professional services jobs at Progent by visiting Full-time Jobs at Progent.
Freelance Jobs with Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals with specialized knowledge and working experience in high-demand IT areas beyond Progent's primary technical concentration. Progent's Experts Group includes contractors who offer advice and programming services for line-of-business applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have specialized knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer expert skills in areas such as telecommunications, web site development, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and administration. Independent contractors premier by us coordinate with Progent's staff engineers to provide end-to-end IT services for small business networks. To learn more details concerning freelance jobs with Progent's Experts Team, go to Contracting Work at Progent.
Reasons That Progent Is Exceptional
Progent has managed to recruit the best consulting talent by being unique. Providing a powerful mix of entrepreneurial spirit, insistence on client satisfaction, use of advanced technical tools, plus a flexible work model that accommodates quality-of-life choices for our consulting team, Progent offers a dynamic culture for select consultants who have a desire for rapidly improving their professional skills to create real-world solutions for a range of businesses and network environments. Learn additional information about ways that we are different by visiting How Progent Is Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office network utilizes state-of-the-art technical tools that enable remote access, wireless communication, easy availability of our support databases, and close cooperation with mobile colleagues to allow you to handle business-critical IT problems. Our virtual office structure frees you to focus on delivering service rather than fighting commutes and helps you establish lasting client relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, effective, and affordable solutions. In order to learn additional information concerning Progent's virtual office infrastructure, refer to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you make is wholly based on the revenue you generate. You have the option of focusing on quality of life and choosing to consult at an easy pace, using Progent's flexible schedule to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to make significant money by persistent effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also offers comprehensive family health care insurance plus numerous additional benefits. Find out additional details about Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by visiting Progent Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Consulting at Progent FAQs
To see replies to frequent enquiries about becoming a consultant at Progent, refer to Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Below is a description of our present job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a range of small and midsize organizations to manage networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information on Desktop Support Expert Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small organizations maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include system architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Exchange design and implementation projects. The right applicant would be a computer consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Exchange Online and with a solid understanding of Active Directory. This role would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Specifics on Senior Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's extensive selection of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
Specifics about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining crucial elements of engagement propositions that associate Progent's deliverables with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly changing technology
If you would like to ask about any opening shown above, you should e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
Details About Opportunities with Us
Staff Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent wants to hire staff-level, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP certification; Cisco accredited network engineers with Cisco credentials; security professionals who have CISM or equivalent security certification; and advanced network architecture consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high uptime, business continuity, information preservation, and VMware. Progent also is looking for employees to join our team of helpdesk support specialists and remote support experts. Also, Progent is seeking talented administrators able to operate effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of talented and motivated professionals, providing world-class customer care, and offering a strong value-focused pricing structure, We have managed to increase our client base dramatically while delivering professional support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared knowledge database, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a talented consulting team and a loyal client list.
For an information technology consultant with technical support expertise, joining Progent or working for our customers can expand your knowledge through cooperation with our staff of mutually team-oriented, talented engineers. Our commitment to delivering information technology consulting and technical support to small and midsize organizations will offer you the chance to collaborate closely with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the success of exciting companies.
Progent is looking for consultants that have verifiable credentials related to their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco professionals, show us your CCIE or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other top security credentials. Naturally, Progent is aware of "paper experts". Notwithstanding, the fact that a credential does not guarantee expertise is no reason for not having one. If you know your field, then the majority of these certifications should present no challenge. The point is that if you call yourself a professional, then customers expect certifications. Progent can broadcast your talents, but you should provide basic certifications for Progent to work with. In case you stand strongly against the idea of certifications, Progent can understand and honor your opinion, but you are likely not a good fit.
Contract Jobs for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's information technology professionals have offered low-cost and effective computer support services for companies in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a common support database, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have enabled Progent to retain a strong consulting group and quickly grow a satisfied client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide clients the help of expert computer consulting professionals who have advanced knowledge and field background in key areas beyond our primary concentration in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are typically freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by us to work closely with our staff consultants to provide comprehensive, enterprise-class network services to small businesses. Progent is continually expanding our Experts Team in order to meet the special requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Group now offers support in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Line-of-business and specialized application help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom program design and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, EDI, and client portal design and deployment
- DBM management and performance help
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecom systems support
Benefits of being part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you can take advantage of the momentum of our explosive growth and excellent reputation in the market. By maintaining a team of talented and committed professionals, offering excellent client care, and practicing a strong, ROI-focused pricing model, we have multiplied our clientele during the last few years and Progent now delivers consulting services to hundreds of businesses in and throughout the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing staff handles all facets of marketing your skills and technical knowledge into our rapidly growing customer base, so you spend less effort signing up clients and extra time making money.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who act as the conduit to the influential managers among our customers.
- Progent's selling and operations groups will manage the complete selling and engagement cycle, from opportunity identification, job qualification, client requirements description, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility stays with providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- We will provide you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, including convenient meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's vast database, processes based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest pool of expert information technology professionals.
- We will share partner-only benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line access to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical support resources, and downloadable internal use software for education and/or demonstration purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to become a member of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have the following requirements for membership:
- You need to have a proven track record as a consultant working on your own in your area of expertise, including a minimum two year history of successful consulting jobs and/or have an active customer base to which you now provide continuing consulting activity.
- You must demonstrate that you are an expert in your area of specialization, including showing a long work-related record and excellent references, and have current vendor and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You need to know how to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You should have strong communications skills and know how to work efficiently alone or as a member of a group.
- You should be able to explain proper goals to clients and fellow Progent team members and you must be able evaluate jobs, produce project plans, and define reasonable work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Network Consultants
Progent's work environment will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by enhancing your information technology knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the top consulting talent for you to work with, providing an advanced system architecture, running custom application tools to deliver the highest level of support, and by optimizing proven business models for finding and keeping clients.
The decisive factor that differentiates us from most network support companies is the high caliber of our support professionals. Out of the scores of consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled top talent covering a broad range of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Mac, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other crucial application, we deploy professionals who can help you to be effective on major projects by combining the aggregate experience of our group of professionals.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's consultants, we invest significantly in providing the most powerful technology to do the job efficiently. Progent will exploit information technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure allows seamless connectivity, cooperation, and information sharing with fellow Progent team members — entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t waste time or lose revenue because of regular drives to a physical office, and all travel you do for in-person customer jobs is based on your own schedule, not Progent's. The most attractive part is that most of Progent's consulting services can be done off-site, offering 100% productivity for income-producing hours. In fact, some Progent team members do remote support exclusively.
Our operations are set up for reacting quickly and efficiently to client requirements through knowledge exchange and cooperative problem solving. Even though our consultants operate with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, customer problems and resolutions are carefully monitored, documented, and archived for easy reference, current engineer schedules are published to streamline team tasks and enable problem escalation, and client satisfaction is always evaluated. We strengthen the sense of connection via periodic team meetings and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of our team is situated throughout California, however we are attracting a rapidly growing team of consulting experts from across the U.S. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic obstacles that limit the productivity of traditional company structures. We enhance the package by providing a full employee care plan to ensure the health and economic welfare of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and administration teams match the high standards that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to our success are enabling us to target and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are currently acquiring each month. We lately marked the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing operation.
Having a passion for technical excellence is a key for success with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a steady series of technical challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Customers rely on consulting firms to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, advanced deployments, puzzling or chronic problems, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for what we do daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for computer engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will awake every morning excited about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will work with some great people, both by establishing strong client contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-focused organization through and through. If you do not have strong people skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse assortment of personalities, then Progent is probably a poor fit.
If this sounds right for you, we urge you to talk to us about our vision of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a well designed and executed network is a pivotal piece for accelerating any company's growth, and we follow this belief in our own network infrastructure. Progent has created a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that enables our in-house engineers and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and effective support, collaborate closely on sophisticated jobs, and experience professional and personal growth from acting as a member of a dynamic business ethos of personal drive and freedom.