Among the top computer consultant companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a full-time staff of certified service professionals who focus on core technologies including:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- System security expertise
- Advanced connectivity architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and network management
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts freelance experts certified and managed by Progent, offers highly specialized skills in a broad variety of key business areas and network solutions such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Business Intelligence consulting for SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web app development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database programming and DBA help
- Microsoft Access application programming, migration and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Office 365 individual and group training
Creative structures for attracting customers, providing service, maintaining an efficient company culture, and offering generous compensation and benefits have allowed Progent to become among the most rapidly expanding and best respected Microsoft Partners consulting organizations in the U.S. and to build an international presence for delivering online IT expertise. If you are an accredited IT support professional or information technology expert with a drive for a client success and excellent people skills, consultants will find in Progent an opportunity for adding to your technical knowledge, living a more independent career, and attaining financial success.
Learn Additional Details Concerning Jobs at Progent
Follow these pages to learn more details about Progent's job opportunities, business philosophy, operational conditions, compensation structure, and benefits:
Consulting Work at Progent
Progent is hiring a range of full-time employees including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCSA network engineers; system experts with Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant system architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop systems, business continuity planning, data preservation, and virtual servers. We are also hiring desktop support technicians, off-site service professionals, and CISA accredited security consultants. We are also looking for veteran managers and administrators able to operate efficiently in our high-growth, virtual office environment. Find out additional information concerning full-time professional services positions at Progent by visiting Consulting Positions at Progent.
Freelance Work with Progent
Progent works with freelance professionals with in-depth expertise and hands-on experience in important IT topics beyond Progent's primary technical focus. Progent's Experts Group hires freelance consultants who offer advice and development services for line-of-business applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have specialized expertise with popular operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer expert skills in technologies such as telecom, web development, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle DBM development and administration. Independent contractors premier by us coordinate with our staff engineers to deliver comprehensive solutions for small and midsize company networks. In order to learn more information about contract work with Progent's Experts Team, go to Contract Opportunities at Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Different
We have been able to attract the top consulting talent by being unique. With an innovative mix of entrepreneurial drive, dedication to customer satisfaction, use of state-of-the-art technology, and an independent work model that allows for life-style options for our team members, Progent offers a stimulating setting for talented individuals who posses a drive for quickly improving their professional abilities to create real-world benefits for a variety of organizations and network environments. Find out more information about reasons Progent is unique by going to Reasons That Progent Is Unique.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office model utilizes state-of-the-art technologies that enable remote access, wireless communication, convenient access to our support databases, and instant collaboration with mobile team members to help you to handle business-critical IT issues. Progent's virtual office environment allows you to concentrate on providing service rather than dealing with commutes and lets you nurture lasting customer relationships by permitting you to provide quick, viable, and affordable solutions. To learn more information about Progent's virtual office infrastructure, see Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is entirely determined by the revenue you generate. Consultants have the option of focusing on quality of life and electing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing Progent's flexible structure to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn considerable money through persistent work and long consulting time. Progent also provides comprehensive family health care coverage plus numerous additional benefits. Learn more details concerning Progent's compensation model and benefit packages by referring to Our Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For answers to popular enquiries about becoming a consultant at Progent, visit Working with Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
This is a description of Progent's current job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a range of small and midsize organizations to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details on Desktop Support Expert Positions
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small organizations maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Sr. Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The right applicant would be a technical consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Active Directory. This role calls for experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these platforms.
Specifics on Sr. Exchange Expert Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior-level sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's extensive selection of IT outsourcing/co-sourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
More information about Business Development Representative Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and explaining crucial elements of service propositions that align Progent's deliverables with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing IT technology
If you would like to ask about any job shown above, you should e-mail your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the job codes of the positions of interest.
Details Concerning Jobs at Progent
Staff Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Help Professionals
Progent is seeking to find staff-level, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco certified system consultants with Cisco CCIE credentials; security professionals with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security certification; and high-end network architecture experts with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high availability, disaster recovery, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent also seeks professionals who can work on our team of help desk service technicians and remote support experts. Also, We are seeking talented administrators able to perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By supporting a team of talented and dedicated consultants, providing attentive customer services, and offering a strong value-focused fee model, We have been able to increase our customer base dramatically while providing consulting services to hundreds of businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common information database, and a group strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a talented consulting team and a satisfied customer list.
For an information technology professional with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or working for our customers will expand your knowledge through interaction with Progent's staff of mutually supportive, expert engineers. Our commitment to providing network consulting and computer help to small and midsize companies will give you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with key players and contribute appreciably to the success of exciting businesses.
Progent is looking for technical professionals who have verifiable credentials in their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco consultants, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For security, you should show you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other top security certifications. Naturally, Progent is familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, the fact that a credential does not ensure expertise is no justification for not owning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of those certifications should be no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you are a professional, then customers deserve to see credentials. Progent will broadcast your talents, but you should provide standard credentials for Progent to work with. If you stand adamantly against the idea of credentials, we can understand and honor your position, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, our information technology engineers have provided low-cost and successful network support expertise for small businesses in the and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared support knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a strong staff and quickly grow a loyal clientele.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide clients the help of specialized information technology support professionals who have advanced knowledge and work experience in important areas outside of our core focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are often independent engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by Progent to collaborate with our staff consultants to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small companies. Progent is always expanding our Experts Group to address the special needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team currently offers consulting in these areas:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Support for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Strategic and vertical application help
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management services
- Custom program development and deployment
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal development and integration
- SQL management and performance consulting
- Business information expertise
- Telecommunications architecture support
Benefits of being part of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with us, you get to benefit from the impact of Progent's dramatic expansion and top-notch reputation in the market. By having a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing attentive client care, and following a proven, ROI-focused pricing model, we have multiplied our clientele over the past several years and Progent now provides consulting services to hundreds of companies in California and across the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing team takes care of all facets of marketing your services and areas of knowledge into our quickly growing customer base, so you expend less effort signing up customers and more time making revenue.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and our core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who are the conduit to the influential managers among Progent's clients.
- Our selling and administration groups will manage the entire selling and contracting process, from lead generation, job approval, client requirements definition, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire focus is on providing high-level consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you connections to our advanced virtual office infrastructure, including convenient meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to our vast database, processes based on leading practices, abundance of professional documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest pool of expert information technology engineers.
- We will share special benefits from top technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including free ordiscounted educational seminars, web access to special vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use software for training or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to be a member of our Experts Group, but Progent has these qualifications to join:
- You must have a strong track record as a consultant working on your own in your field of expertise, including at least a two year record of successful consulting jobs and/or have your own active client base for whom you now provide ongoing consulting services.
- You should demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of specialization, including showing a long task-relevant history and excellent references, and have up-to-date manufacturer and/or institutional professional certifications.
- You must know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You need to have strong inter-personal skills and be able to work efficiently by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You have to know how to explain realistic goals to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you must be able evaluate jobs, produce task plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Group of Network Engineers
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by enhancing your technical skills and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the best professional experts for you to work with, providing an advanced network and communications architecture, using specialized application tools to enable the maximum quality of support, and by optimizing our business models for finding and keeping clients.
The most important factor that separates us from most consulting firms is the high caliber of our service staff. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited the best talent across a wide array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, corporate security, Apple, Linux, virtual servers, or other key areas, we deploy experts who can enable you to be successful on major jobs by leveraging the aggregate skills of our team of professionals.
To ensure the success of our consultants, we invest significantly in providing the best technology to perform the work properly. Progent will leverage technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment enables effortless connectivity, collaboration, and information sharing with fellow Progent consultants — entirely from home-based or mobile offices. You don’t throw away time or forfeit revenue because of daily drives to a conventional office, and any driving you do for in-person client jobs is determined by your own schedule, not Progent's. The best part is that much of Progent's support services can be performed remotely, offering 100% efficiency for income-producing time. In fact, some of our staff do off-site consulting only.
Our operations are geared towards reacting quickly and effectively to customer requirements via knowledge sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Although Progent's consultants work with a high level of independence, resource allocation is centralized, client problems and solutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and archived for convenient reference, up-to-date engineer availability is published to facilitate group tasks and simplify problem escalation, and customer approval is always evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation via monthly workgroup meetings and quarterly corporate events.
Most of our consultants are situated across California, but Progent is attracting a quickly expanding team of consulting experts from across the United States. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic boundaries that restrict the efficiency of traditional business models. We complete the package by offering a comprehensive employee care plan to ensure the health and economic security of our team members and their families.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and administration teams live up to the excellence that characterizes Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progent’s success are helping us to identify and land the 50-60 new customers we are now acquiring every month. We recently celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong sales organization.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a key for growth with us. A job in consulting will drive you to learn more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a steady series of network challenges is what keeps consulting exciting. Clients rely on consultants to do the “hard stuff.” Innovative tasks, advanced deployments, puzzling or chronic issues, and tricky migrations are the foundation for what we do daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for computer engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by building close customer relationships and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Yes, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company heart and soul. If you don’t offer strong people skills or like working with a diverse assortment of people, then we are in all likelihood a poor fit.
If this sounds good to you, we urge you to contact Progent about our view of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully designed and executed network can be a crucial piece for accelerating a firm's growth, and Progent applies this belief in our own system environment. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that enables our in-house engineers and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and effective service, collaborate closely on sophisticated jobs, and experience professional and personal growth from acting as part of an exciting business ethos of self motivation and independence.