Among the top computer consultant companies for business systems, Progent maintains a large team of talented support experts who focus on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Network security consulting
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and system administration
Progent's Experts Team, which includes freelance experts premier and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally refined knowledge in a wide variety of key software applications and network technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- BI consulting for platforms including Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web-based application development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and management consulting
- Microsoft Office Access database programming, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office and Office 365 individual and group training
Creative models for finding clients, providing support, establishing an efficient working environment, and offering highly competitive profit sharing have enabled Progent to become one of the most rapidly growing and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the United States and to build a worldwide presence for providing remote IT expertise. If you are a certified computer technician or information technology expert with a focus on a customer success and strong people skills, consulting professionals should consider Progent an opportunity for increasing your technical knowledge, living a more independent career, and attaining financial success.
Learn More Information About Working with Progent
Follow these pages to learn more details about our work opportunities, company culture, work conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
We are hiring a range of on-staff professionals including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCP computer engineers; connectivity experts who have Cisco CCIE credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant system architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, high-availability environments, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also hiring workstation support experts, remote service professionals, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA accredited security consultants. Progent is also hiring veteran managers and administrators able to perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment. Learn more information concerning full-time consulting work at Progent by visiting Full-time Positions at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities at Progent
Progent contracts independent professionals who have proven knowledge and field background in important IT topics outside our main service focus. Our Experts Team hires contractors who can provide advice and development services for mission-critical applications such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess specialized knowledge of non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer expert help in technologies such as telecommunications, web site design, Juniper infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle Database programming and administration. Independent consultants premier by Progent cooperate with Progent's staff professionals to provide end-to-end solutions for small and midsize company networks. To learn additional details about contract work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, refer to Contract Jobs with Progent.
Ways That We Are Different
We have managed to recruit the best consulting talent by being different. Providing an innovative blend of entrepreneurial drive, commitment to client success, utilization of advanced technology, and a flexible business model that allows for life-style options for our consulting team, Progent creates a dynamic environment for select individuals who have a desire for quickly improving their technical skills to create real-world benefits for a variety of organizations and network environments. Find out more details concerning how Progent is different by going to How We Are Unique.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office model provides sophisticated technologies that enable off-site access, wireless connectivity, convenient availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and close cooperation with talented team members to help you to handle challenging IT problems. Progent's virtual office network frees consultants to focus on providing service rather than fighting commutes and lets you build successful client relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To find out more information about our virtual office work environment, refer to Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you earn is entirely determined by what you generate. Consultants have the choice of focusing on quality of life and choosing to consult at an easy pace, utilizing Progent's versatile structure to follow individual pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn considerable income through persistent effort and lots of hours. Progent also provides comprehensive family health care insurance as well as numerous other benefits. Learn more about our compensation model and benefit packages by visiting Progent Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Jobs at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For answers to common enquiries concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, see Jobs at Progent FAQs.
Here is a description of our current job openings:
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert -
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to help a range of small organizations to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and laptop computers based on current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Engineer Job
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small organizations maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - , Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The ideal candidate should be a computer consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 to 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This role would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these technologies.
More information on Senior Exchange Consultant Positions
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's comprehensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative include:
- Producing and explaining key components of engagement proposals which associate Progent's services with real business value
- Maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually evolving IT technology
Specifics on Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to apply for any job listed above, please send your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to state the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Jobs at Progent
Fulltime Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Technicians
Progent wants to hire full-time, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification; Cisco certified system consultants who have Cisco CCIE or CCNP credentials; security professionals with CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security certification; and advanced network design experts with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high availability, workplace recovery, information preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks employees who can join Progent's staff of desktop support technicians and remote troubleshooting professionals. Also, Progent is seeking talented administrators able to perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated professionals, providing world-class client services, and following a competitive results-based fee model, Progent has managed to expand our client base dramatically while providing professional support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared information base, and a group approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a loyal client list.
If you are an information technology consultant with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or working for Progent's customers will expand your knowledge through interaction with our staff of highly team-oriented, expert engineers. Our commitment to delivering information technology expertise and computer support to small organizations will offer you the opportunity to work intimately with decision makers and add appreciably to the growth of exciting companies.
We are hiring technical professionals that can show verifiable credentials related to their special focus. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco consultants, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should have earned you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other top security credentials. Naturally, we are familiar with "paper experts". Notwithstanding, simply because a credential can not guarantee excellence is no excuse for not earning one. If you have mastered your field, then the majority of these tests should pose no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you are an expert, then customers expect certifications. We will broadcast your talents, but you should have basic certifications for Progent to market. In case you happen to be strongly against the concept of credentials, Progent can understand and respect your opinion, but you are likely not a good fit.
Freelance Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, our information technology professionals have provided affordable and effective computer support expertise for small businesses in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a shared support knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have helped us to retain a strong staff and dramatically grow a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Team is our way to provide clients the services of specialized information technology consulting professionals who have in-depth skills and field background in key areas outside of our primary focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are typically independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by Progent to work closely with our in-house engineers to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class network services to small and midsize businesses. We are continually expanding our Experts Group in order to address the special requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team currently provides support in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM consulting
- Mission-critical and vertical program help
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom applications design and deployment
- Web, eCommerce, EDI, and client information portal design and integration
- SQL management and efficiency help
- Management intelligence consulting
- Telecom systems support
Benefits of being a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you can take advantage of the momentum of our dramatic growth and excellent reputation in the market. By having a group of skilled and committed consultants, offering attentive client care, and following a strong, value-oriented billing model, Progent has quadrupled our clientele during the last several years and Progent currently provides consulting support to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing staff takes care of all aspects of marketing your services and areas of knowledge into our quickly growing client base, so you expend less time finding clients and more time generating money.
- We will facilitate communications between you and Progent's core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier consultants who are the gateway to the influential managers among our clients.
- Progent's sales and administration teams will manage the entire selling and engagement cycle, from lead identification, project qualification, customer needs definition, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal generation, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility stays with delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- We will provide you connections to our sophisticated virtual office environment, offering professional meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm connectivity throughout the United States.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive database, procedures based on leading practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the shared experience from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced information technology professionals.
- We will pass on special benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, web connections to restricted vendor support tools and technical support resources, and on-line in-house use programs for training or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to be part of our Experts Group, but Progent has the following requirements to join:
- You should have a strong track record as a consulting professional working independently in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year history of completed consulting jobs or you must have your own active customer base to whom you currently provide ongoing support services.
- You need to show that you are an expert in your area of specialization, which includes having an extensive task-relevant record and strong references, and possess current vendor or industry professional certifications.
- You must be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your skills. You need to have excellent inter-personal skills and be able to operate successfully alone or as part of a group.
- You must know how to communicate proper expectations to clients and other Progent consultants and you need to know how scope out jobs, create task plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining a Great Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by enhancing your information technology skills and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the top professional experts for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art network and communications architecture, using specialized application tools to enable the highest quality of support, and by optimizing proven business models for attracting and keeping clients.
The main factor that differentiates Progent from most consulting companies is the quality of our consulting team. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited the best talent covering a broad range of technologies. Whether itís Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux, virtual servers, or other key technologies, we engage professionals who can help you to be successful on major jobs by combining the collective experience of our group of experts.
To ensure the productivity of Progent's team, we invest significantly in providing the best technology to do the job efficiently. We will exploit information technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows effortless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with other Progent consultants ó all from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants donít throw away time or forfeit revenue because of regular drives to a conventional office, and any travel you do for in-person client work is based on your own time table, not Progent's. The best benefit is that much of our support services can be performed off-site, representing 100% productivity for billable hours. In fact, some of our team members do remote consulting only.
Our business structure is set up for responding rapidly and efficiently to customer needs through knowledge sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Even though Progent's consultants operate with a high level of independence, resource allocation is centralized, customer issues and resolutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and organized for convenient retrieval, current consultant availability is broadcast to streamline team projects and simplify problem escalation, and client satisfaction is always evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation through monthly workgroup conferences and regular corporate events.
The majority of Progent's team is located across California, however Progent is building a quickly growing team of network professionals from across the United States. Our virtual office environment does away with regional obstacles that restrict the productivity of traditional company models. We complete the package by offering a full employee care program to ensure the health and financial welfare of our team members and their relations.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's sales and administration teams live up to the high standards that is Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progentís success are helping us to target and sign up the scores of new customers we are now engaging each month. We lately marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong marketing organization.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a steady series of technical challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Clients rely on a consultant to do the toughest jobs. Creative projects, advanced deployments, vexing or chronic problems, and difficult migrations are the foundation for what we do every day. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for computer professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every day excited about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will work with some great folks, both by building strong customer relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their success. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization heart and soul. If you do not offer strong communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied assortment of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor fit.
If all this sounds right for you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a carefully designed and executed information system is a crucial factor for enabling any company's success, and Progent follows this belief in our own network environment. Progent has built a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that allows our in-house engineers and authorized contractors to offer fast and efficient support, cooperate closely on sophisticated jobs, and experience professional and personal growth by being a member of an exciting business culture of self motivation and independence.