One of America's top network consulting companies for business networks, Progent manages a full-time team of certified service experts who concentrate on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Enterprise security expertise
- Advanced connectivity architecture
- Off-site IT support and system management
Our Experts Team, which contracts freelance experts premier and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally refined skills in a wide variety of key business applications and network technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web-based app development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and DBA consulting
- Microsoft Access database development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Creative structures for acquiring clients, providing service, establishing an efficient working environment, and offering highly competitive profit sharing have enabled us to be among the fastest expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant companies in the U.S. and to establish a worldwide organization for providing online network expertise. If you are an accredited IT technician or information technology consultant with an orientation towards a client success and strong people skills, consultants will discover Progent a chance for increasing your professional skills, developing a more independent lifestyle, and achieving financial success.
Learn Additional Details About Jobs with Progent
Check out these links to find out additional details concerning our work opportunities, company culture, operational conditions, compensation structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Careers at Progent
Progent is seeking a variety of on-staff employees including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE network engineers; network consultants with Cisco CCIE certification; and specialists in advanced network design with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability systems, disaster recovery solutions, data protection, and virtual servers. Progent is also hiring desktop support experts, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA certified security engineers. Progent is also seeking veteran managers who can perform effectively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office model. Find out additional details about full-time professional services positions at Progent by referring to Full-time Work at Progent.
Contract Jobs at Progent
Progent works with freelance consultants with in-depth knowledge and field experience in crucial IT areas outside Progent's main technical focus. Progent's Experts Group employs freelance consultants who offer advice and development support for line-of-business solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess specialized expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or offer expert help in areas such as telecom, web site design, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and management. Freelance consultants premier by us cooperate with Progent's full-time engineers to deliver comprehensive solutions for small and midsize business networks. If you want to learn additional information about contracting jobs with our Experts Team, refer to Freelance Work with Progent.
Ways That Progent Is Unique
Progent has managed to attract the best consulting experts by being different. Providing a powerful mix of enterprising drive, insistence on client satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, and an independent business structure that accommodates life-style options for our consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating setting for select individuals who have a desire for quickly enhancing their professional skills to deliver real-world solutions for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Learn additional information concerning reasons Progent is unique by going to How We Are Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office model utilizes advanced technologies that support off-site access, wireless communication, convenient availability of Progent's support databases, and close cooperation with talented team members to help you to resolve business-critical network problems. Our virtual office environment allows you to concentrate on providing IT solutions rather than fighting traffic and lets consultants establish successful client relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, viable, and affordable solutions. In order to find out additional information about Progent's virtual office network, visit Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is directly based on what you generate. You have the option of focusing on quality of life and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's flexible schedule to make time for personal pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to make considerable income by hard effort and lots of hours. Progent also offers full family health coverage as well as many additional benefits. Find out more details about our compensation and benefit packages by referring to Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Programs.
Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers
To see answers to common enquiries concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, visit Working with Progent FAQs.
This is a description of some available job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to help a variety of small organizations to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include network architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Job Code P016
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's customer locations in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Engineer Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small organizations maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft IT Consultant Job
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The ideal applicant should be a computer consultant with subject matter expertise in Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Exchange Online and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This role calls for experience in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and maintenance of these technologies.
More information on Sr. Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's comprehensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
More information on Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining key elements of service propositions which tie Progent's deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining rapidly changing technology
If you would like to enquire about any position listed above, you should e-mail your background information to email@example.com. Be sure to state the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
Details Concerning Jobs at Progent
Career Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Experts, and Online Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco certified system consultants with Cisco credentials; security professionals who have CISSP or comparable security credentials; and advanced system architecture experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high availability, disaster recovery, information preservation, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for employees who can work on our team of help desk service specialists and off-site troubleshooting professionals. In addition, Progent is seeking experienced managers able to operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of talented and dedicated professionals, providing attentive client services, and offering a strong value-focused pricing structure, Progent has managed to increase our customer base rapidly while providing consulting support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common information base, and a group approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a loyal customer base.
If you are an information technology consultant with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or working for Progent's clients can expand your knowledge through interaction with Progent's group of highly team-oriented, talented consultants. Progent's focus on providing information technology expertise and computer help to small and midsize companies will offer you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with key players and add appreciably to the success of exciting businesses.
Progent is hiring technical professionals that can show verifiable credentials related to their special expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your MCSE credential. For Cisco experts, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISM, or other top security certifications. Naturally, Progent is aware of ďpaper MCSEs.Ē However, simply because a certificate does not guarantee expertise is no excuse for not having one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of these certifications should present no challenge. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then clients expect credentials. We will promote your talents, but you need to provide standard certifications for Progent to work with. If you are adamantly against the idea of credentials, Progent can understand and honor your opinion, but you are likely not an appropriate candidate.
Freelance Jobs for certified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's information technology engineers have provided affordable and effective network consulting expertise for companies in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office network, a common technical database, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have helped Progent to build a talented staff and quickly grow a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide customers the services of expert information technology consulting professionals who have advanced skills and field background in important technologies beyond Progent's core focus in system support and security. Experts Team consultants are often independent contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by Progent to collaborate with Progent's staff engineers to deliver end-to-end, world-class network solutions to small companies. We are continually enhancing the Experts Group in order to address the special requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team now provides consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Line-of-business and vertical program support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom applications development and integration
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and customer portal design and integration
- SQL management and efficiency consulting
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecommunications systems support
Advantages of becoming part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with us, you can leverage the momentum of Progent's explosive expansion and top-notch reputation in the market. By maintaining a team of talented and committed consultants, offering attentive client care, and practicing a proven, value-focused pricing model, Progent has quadrupled our clientele over the last several years and Progent currently provides consulting services to hundreds of companies in California and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing team handles all aspects of marketing your services and technical expertise into our rapidly growing customer base, so you spend less time signing up customers and more time making revenue.
- We will assist in communications between you and Progent's core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified consultants who act as the conduit to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Progent's selling and administration teams will take care of the complete sales and contracting cycle, from opportunity generation, job qualification, customer needs description, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility is on providing high-level consulting service.
- Progent will gives you access to our sophisticated virtual office environment, including convenient meeting/work locations in the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to our extensive database, procedures based on leading practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the shared experience from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced information technology engineers.
- We will pass on special benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, on-line access to special vendor troubleshooting tools and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable internal use software for education or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to be a member of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have strict qualifications to join:
- You need to have a proven background as a consulting professional operating independently in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year record of completed contracting projects and/or have your own active customer base for which you now provide ongoing support services.
- You must show that you are an expert in your field of specialization, including showing an extensive task-relevant history and excellent references, and possess current manufacturer or industry professional certifications.
- You must be able to present yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your skills. You need to have excellent people skills and know how to operate efficiently by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You must be able to explain proper goals to clients and other Progent consultants and you must know how scope out projects, produce project plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's productive atmosphere will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by improving your information technology skills and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by recruiting the top professional talent for you to work with, providing an advanced system infrastructure, running proprietary software tools to enable the maximum quality of support, and by streamlining our operational models for attracting and retaining customers.
The most important factor that distinguishes us from most consulting companies is the high caliber of our service staff. Out of the scores of consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled the best talent across a wide array of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other crucial areas, we deploy experts who can help you to be successful on major jobs by leveraging the aggregate experience of Progent's team of experts.
To promote the productivity of our consultants, we invest significantly in making available the best technology to do the work properly. We will exploit technology to an extraordinary degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows seamless communications, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent consultants ó entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants donít waste time or forfeit income with daily drives to a conventional office, and all travel you do for on-site customer jobs is determined by your time table, not Progent's. The most attractive benefit is that most of our consulting services can be done off-site, offering maximum productivity for income-producing hours. In fact, some Progent team members do remote consulting exclusively.
Our operations are geared towards reacting quickly and efficiently to customer requirements via knowledge sharing and cooperative problem resolution. Although Progent's consultants work with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is unified, customer issues and resolutions are carefully monitored, documented, and organized for convenient reference, up-to-date consultant schedules are published to facilitate team tasks and enable trouble escalation, and client approval is always evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation through periodic team conferences and quarterly corporate events.
Most of our consultants are situated across California, however we are attracting a rapidly expanding team of consulting professionals throughout the United States. Progent's virtual office infrastructure eliminates regional boundaries that restrict the efficiency of traditional company models. We complete the package by offering a full benefit program to promote the health and financial security of our employees and their families.
Just as we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and administration teams live up to the excellence that defines Progent. These high-performance factors behind Progentís success are enabling us to identify and land the scores of new clients we are currently acquiring every month. We recently marked the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective marketing organization.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for success with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to learn more than you would in any other position in information technology. Being exposed to a continual series of technical challenges is what makes professional support interesting. Customers choose consulting firms to do the ďhard stuff.Ē Creative tasks, leading-edge implementations, puzzling or entrenched issues, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for what we do daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for computer professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will awake every day excited about the challenges to come.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by building close customer contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented organization from top to bottom. If you donít have strong communications skills or like cooperating with a diverse group of personalities, then we are in all likelihood a poor fit.
If all this sounds good to you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent believes that a carefully designed and executed information system can be a pivotal factor for accelerating a firm's success, and we follow this credo in our own network environment. We have built a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows Progent's in-house consultants and certified contractors to offer rapid and efficient service, cooperate easily on complex projects, and experience career and personal maturity from acting as a member of a dynamic company ethos of self motivation and freedom.