Among America's top computer consulting companies for business networks, Progent manages a large team of certified support professionals who focus on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- System security analysis
- Advanced network infrastructures
- Off-site IT support and system management
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts freelance consultants certified and managed by Progent, provides highly specialized knowledge covering a broad variety of critical software areas and network solutions that include:
- Apple OS and iOS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Business Intelligence expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application software design, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM programming and DBA help
- Office Access application development, migration and training
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 consulting
Innovative models for attracting clients, delivering support, creating an efficient working environment, and providing highly competitive compensation and benefits have enabled us to become one of the fastest growing and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant companies in America and to build an international presence for delivering remote network service. If you are a certified computer technician or network expert with a focus on a client success and strong people skills, you will find in Progent an opportunity for adding to your professional skills, developing a more independent lifestyle, and attaining economic success.
Find Out Additional Details About Jobs at Progent
Follow these links to find out additional information concerning our job opportunities, company culture, work conditions, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Work at Progent
Progent is seeking a variety of full-time workers including experienced Microsoft MCSE and MCP network engineers; connectivity consultants who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; and specialists in fault-tolerant network architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop systems, disaster recovery solutions, data preservation, and VMware technology. Progent is also looking for workstation support experts, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISA or CISM accredited security professionals. Progent is also hiring veteran managers able to operate effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out more details concerning full-time professional services jobs at Progent by referring to Full-time Careers at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities with Progent
Progent contracts independent consultants who have in-depth expertise and working experience in crucial information technology topics outside Progent's main service concentration. Our Experts Group includes contractors who offer advice and development support for strategic applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have specialized expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or offer world-class skills in technologies such as telecommunications, web design, Juniper products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL DBM development and administration. Independent contractors certified by us coordinate with Progent's in-house professionals to deliver comprehensive solutions for small and midsize company networks. In order to find out additional information concerning contracting opportunities with our Experts Consulting Group, visit Contracting Jobs with Progent.
Ways That We Are Unique
We have managed to attract the best consulting experts by being unique. With an innovative blend of enterprising drive, dedication to customer satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technology, and an independent work model that accommodates life-style options for our consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating environment for talented consultants who have a desire for rapidly improving their professional abilities to create concrete solutions for a range of organizations and technical environments. Learn additional information about ways that we are different by going to Ways That We Are Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Business Model
Our virtual office environment provides sophisticated technologies that allow remote support, wireless connectivity, easy availability of Progent's support databases, and close collaboration with talented colleagues to help you to solve challenging network issues. Progent's virtual office environment enables you to concentrate on providing service instead of fighting traffic and lets consultants establish lasting customer relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, effective, and affordable solutions. If you want to find out more information about our virtual office work environment, visit Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is wholly based on the revenue you generate. Consultants have the choice of focusing on life style and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's flexible structure to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to make significant money by hard work and long hours. Progent also offers complete family health care coverage plus many additional benefits. Learn more about our compensation and benefit packages by going to Progent Compensation and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent FAQs
For answers to frequent enquiries about becoming a consultant at Progent, see Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
Here is a description of Progent's present job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a range of small and midsize businesses to maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include network architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Job Code P016
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at Progent's client premises in the . Daytime availability is needed, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
More information on Desktop Support Expert Job
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to help a range of small and midsize organizations manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Sr. Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation projects. The ideal candidate would be a technical consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a solid understanding of Microsoft AD. This role would require a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these platforms.
More information about Senior Exchange Expert Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's broad selection of information technology outsourcing and computer consulting, and application development services. Activities of the BDR include:
More information about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining crucial components of engagement proposals that tie Progent's services with a client's primary business needs
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually evolving IT technology
If you want to ask about any opening shown above, you should send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please copy the code numbers of the positions that interest you.
Additional Facts Concerning Opportunities at Progent
Career Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Service Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire fulltime, results-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with MCSE or MCP credentials; Cisco certified system consultants who have Cisco credentials; security consultants with CISSP or comparable security credentials; and advanced network design consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, high availability, business continuity, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring professionals to join our team of helpdesk support technicians and off-site troubleshooting experts. In addition, Progent is hiring experienced managers able to operate productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a team of skilled and motivated professionals, providing attentive customer care, and following a strong results-focused pricing structure, We have been able to expand our customer list dramatically while providing professional services to numerous companies in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common information database, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a talented staff and a loyal client list.
If you are a network professional with troubleshooting experience, joining Progent or working for our clients will expand your skills through interaction with Progent's staff of highly supportive, talented engineers. Progent's focus on providing information technology expertise and technical support to small and midsize organizations will offer you the chance to collaborate intimately with key players and add appreciably to the success of exciting companies.
We are hiring consultants that have recognized credentials related to their technical expertise. So, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco consultants, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For security, you should show you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or other leading security certifications. Naturally, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". Notwithstanding, the fact that a certificate does not guarantee expertise is no justification for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of those tests should be no challenge. The crux of the matter is that if you call yourself a professional, then clients expect credentials. We will promote your talents, but you should provide a baseline of certifications for Progent to market. In case you are strongly opposed to the concept of credentials, we can sympathize with and honor your position, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Contract Jobs for premier Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux, and Sun Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's information technology engineers have offered affordable and effective computer consulting expertise for small businesses in the and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared technical knowledge base, and a team approach to problem resolution have enabled us to build a strong consulting group and quickly grow a satisfied clientele.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to provide customers the services of specialized information technology support professionals who have in-depth skills and work background in key technologies outside of Progent's primary focus in system support and security. Experts Team consultants are typically freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by Progent to work closely with our in-house engineers to deliver end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology services to small and midsize businesses. Progent is always expanding the Experts Group in order to address the special needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Group now offers consulting in these technologies:
- Apple OS integration and programs
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Strategic and specialized program help
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Special applications design and integration
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and customer information portal development and deployment
- DBM management and performance help
- Management information consulting
- Telecommunications architecture support
Advantages of being part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you get to benefit from the momentum of our explosive growth and excellent reputation in the industry. By maintaining a team of skilled and dedicated consultants, offering attentive customer care, and practicing a strong, value-oriented billing structure, we have multiplied our clientele over the past several years and Progent currently delivers professoinal support to hundreds of companies in California and across the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing team handles all aspects of marketing your skills and technical expertise into our quickly expanding client base, so you expend less effort finding customers and extra time making revenue.
- Progent will assist in communications between you and Progent's key group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who are the conduit to the influential managers among Progent's customers.
- Progent's selling and administration staffs will manage the entire sales and contracting cycle, from lead generation, project qualification, client requirements definition, skills matching, job analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility stays with delivering top-quality consulting service.
- Progent will gives you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office environment, offering convenient meeting/work sites in the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice access anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast database, processes based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the shared experience from one of the country's largest pool of experienced network professionals.
- Progent will pass on special benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, on-line access to special vendor support utilities and technical support resources, and downloadable internal use programs for training and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no charge to be part of our Experts Team, but we do have the following qualifications to join:
- You must show a strong track record as a consultant operating on your own in your field of specialization, including a minimum two year history of completed consulting projects and/or have an active customer base to whom you currently deliver ongoing consulting activity.
- You must demonstrate that you have expertise in your area of specialization, including having a long work-related record and excellent referrals, and possess current manufacturer or industry professional certifications.
- You should know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your abilities. You should have strong people skills and be able to work efficiently by yourself or as part of a group.
- You should be able to articulate proper expectations to customers and other Progent consultants and you have to be able analyze jobs, create project plans, and define reasonable time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Team of Computer Engineers
Progent's work environment will make you a more capable consulting professional by improving your information technology knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by attracting the best consulting talent for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, using custom application utilities to deliver the maximum level of support, and by streamlining proven operational models for attracting and maintaining clients.
The main factor that differentiates us from typical consulting companies is the high quality of our service staff. Among the 50 or so consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited the best talent across a broad array of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, virtual servers, or other vital areas, we deploy professionals who can enable you to be successful on larger projects by leveraging the collective experience of our group of professionals.
To promote the productivity of our consultants, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful tools to do the work efficiently. We will leverage information technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office environment enables effortless connectivity, collaboration, and information exchange with fellow Progent team members — entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t waste time or lose revenue with regular drives to a conventional office building, and any travel you do for in-person customer jobs is based on your time table, not Progent's. The best part is that much of our consulting work can be performed off-site, offering maximum efficiency for income-producing time. In practice, some of our team members do off-site support only.
Our business structure is geared towards responding rapidly and efficiently to client requirements through knowledge exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Although our engineers operate with a high level of freedom, resource allocation is centralized, customer issues and resolutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and organized for convenient reference, up-to-date consultant schedules are published to streamline team tasks and simplify problem escalation, and customer approval is continually monitored. We reinforce the feeling of connection through periodic workgroup conferences and regular company-wide events.
Most of our consultants are located across California, however Progent is attracting a rapidly expanding team of network experts throughout the United States. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates geographic obstacles that limit the productivity of traditional business structures. We complete the deal by offering a full employee care plan to promote the physical health and financial security of our employees and their families.
Not only do we have world-class consultants, Progent's sales and administration groups match the high standards that characterizes Progent. These high-performance contributors to Progent’s growth are enabling us to target and sign up the scores of new clients we are now engaging each month. We lately marked the delivery of services to our 1,000th customer. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a key for growth with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in network technology. Being confronted by a steady series of network challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Clients rely on consultants to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative tasks, advanced deployments, vexing or chronic issues, and difficult migrations are the basis for what we do every day. With us, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is sadly common for computer professionals in traditional corporate jobs. You will awake every morning excited about the opportunities to come.
On the way, you will work with some wonderful folks, both by establishing strong client relationships and by working closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused company through and through. If you don’t offer strong people skills or like working with a diverse assortment of people, then we are in all likelihood a poor fit.
If this sounds good to you, we invite you to talk to us about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Benefits and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well designed and implemented network is a pivotal factor for enabling any company's growth, and Progent follows this belief in our corporate system environment. Progent has built a non-stop virtual office network that enables our staff engineers and authorized contractors to offer fast and efficient support, cooperate closely on sophisticated projects, and experience career and personal growth from acting as a member of an exciting business ethos of personal drive and independence.