One of America's top network consulting companies for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a full-time team of talented support professionals who focus on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows technology
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security analysis
- Advanced connectivity architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and network administration
Progent's Experts Group, which includes independent experts premier and coordinated by Progent, offers highly refined knowledge in a broad variety of vital software applications and network technologies such as:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management services
- Web-based app development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and management consulting
- Office Access database application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Creative structures for attracting clients, delivering service, maintaining a dynamic company culture, and providing highly competitive profit sharing have allowed Progent to be one of the most rapidly expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consulting companies in the United States and to build an international organization for providing remote network support. If you are an accredited IT support professional or network consultant with a drive for a client service and excellent communication skills, you should consider Progent a chance for adding to your technical knowledge, living a more independent career, and attaining economic security.
Find Out Additional Information Concerning Working with Progent
Follow these links to learn additional information about our job openings, business philosophy, work conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits packages:
Consulting Work at Progent
We are seeking a variety of on-staff employees such as solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE and MCP network consultants; system experts with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; and specialists in fault-tolerant network architecture with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop systems, business continuity solutions, data preservation, and server virtualization. Progent is also seeking workstation support technicians, remote service specialists, and CISA certified security engineers. We are also seeking veteran managers who can operate effectively in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Learn additional information concerning staff professional services work at Progent by referring to Full-time Positions at Progent.
Contracting Work at Progent
Progent works with independent professionals with specialized knowledge and field experience in important IT topics beyond our main service focus. Our Experts Group includes contractors who offer consulting and development services for mission-critical applications that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; have in-depth knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide expert help in technologies such as telecom, web site design, Juniper Networks products, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and administration. Independent contractors certified by Progent cooperate with our in-house professionals to deliver comprehensive solutions for small and midsize business networks. In order to find out additional information about contracting work with our Experts Team, go to Contract Opportunities with Progent.
Ways That We Are Exceptional
Progent has managed to attract the top professional experts by being different. Providing a powerful blend of entrepreneurial spirit, dedication to client satisfaction, use of advanced technology, plus an independent business structure that accommodates life-style choices for our consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating environment for select individuals who have a drive for quickly improving their technical abilities to create concrete benefits for a variety of organizations and technical environments. Learn additional information concerning reasons we are unique by referring to Ways That Progent Is Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office environment uses state-of-the-art technical tools that allow off-site support, wireless connectivity, easy access to Progent's support databases, and instant collaboration with mobile team members to help you to resolve challenging network issues. Progent's virtual office environment allows you to focus on providing IT solutions rather than dealing with commutes and lets you nurture successful client relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, viable, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to learn additional information about our virtual office work environment, refer to Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is directly tied to what you generate. You have the option of focusing on life style and electing to work at an easy pace, using our versatile schedule to make time for individual enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to earn significant income through persistent work and long hours. Progent also offers comprehensive family health coverage plus numerous other benefits. Learn more details concerning Progent's compensation and benefit packages by referring to Our Compensation and Benefits.
Employment at Progent Questions and Answers
To see answers to frequent enquiries concerning becoming employed by Progent, go to Consulting at Progent FAQs.
Here is a description of our current job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the to assist a range of small and midsize organizations to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of knowledge include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's customer sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers based on current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize businesses maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important fields of expertise include system infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Positions
Sr. Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange planning and implementation initiatives. The ideal applicant would be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in Exchange 2007 to 2019 and Office 365 Exchange Online and with a thorough grasp of Microsoft AD. This role calls for a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these platforms.
More information about Sr. Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to operate as a senior sales executive responsible for selling the company's comprehensive portfolio of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
Specifics on Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating key components of consulting propositions which align Progent's deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing ongoing client management and developing follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing IT technology
If you would like to ask about any position listed above, please send your background information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please copy the job codes of the jobs that interest you.
Details About Jobs with Us
Career Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent wants to find fulltime, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco accredited network consultants with Cisco credentials; security professionals who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or equivalent security certification; and advanced network design experts with a background in mobile access, wireless networking, high availability, business continuity, data protection, and VMware. Progent also seeks employees to work on Progent's staff of help desk service technicians and off-site support professionals. Also, Progent is looking for experienced managers who can operate effectively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a staff of talented and motivated professionals, providing attentive customer services, and offering a competitive results-focused fee model, Progent has managed to expand our client base rapidly while delivering professional support to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common information database, and a team approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a satisfied customer list.
For an information technology consultant with technical support experience, teaming with Progent or working for our customers can enhance your knowledge through cooperation with our group of highly supportive, talented engineers. Progent's focus on providing information technology expertise and technical support to small organizations will offer you the chance to work intimately with key players and contribute significantly to the success of exciting companies.
We are looking for technical professionals that can show recognized credentials in their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have earned your Microsoft MCSE credential. For Cisco consultants, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security certifications. Naturally, we are aware of "paper experts". However, the fact that a credential does not guarantee expertise is no reason for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of those certifications should be no challenge. The bottom line is that if you are a professional, then clients expect certifications. We will broadcast your talents, but you need to provide basic certifications for Progent to market. In case you are strongly opposed to the concept of credentials, we can understand and honor your position, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Freelance Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Mac, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's consulting professionals have offered affordable and effective network support services for businesses in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common support knowledge base, and a collaborative approach to problem solving have helped us to retain a talented in-house team and quickly grow a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide customers the services of specialized information technology consulting engineers who have in-depth knowledge and field experience in important technologies outside of our primary focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are typically freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are thoroughly premier by Progent to collaborate with Progent's staff consultants to provide comprehensive, world-class network services to small and midsize companies. Progent is continually expanding our Experts Group in order to meet the special requirements of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team now offers support in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and programs
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Line-of-business and specialized program help
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Special program development and integration
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer information portal design and integration
- DBM support and efficiency help
- Management information consulting
- Telecom systems consulting
Advantages of becoming part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you can leverage the momentum of Progent's explosive expansion and top-notch recognition in the industry. By maintaining a group of talented and committed consultants, offering excellent client support, and following a proven, ROI-oriented pricing model, we have multiplied our clientele over the past several years and Progent currently delivers professoinal services to hundreds of businesses in and across the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing team takes care of all facets of promoting your services and areas of expertise into our rapidly growing customer base, so you expend less effort signing up customers and extra time making revenue.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and our core group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who act as the conduit to the key executives among our clients.
- Our sales and administration groups will take care of the entire selling and contracting process, from lead identification, job qualification, client requirements definition, skills matching, job scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility is on providing top-quality consulting service.
- We will gives you access to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, including convenient conference locations in the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the United States.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's extensive knowledge base, procedures based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable documents, and the aggregate experience from one of the country's largest pool of expert information technology professionals.
- We will pass on partner-only benefits from leading vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost training classes, on-line access to special vendor support tools and product support resources, and on-line internal use software for education and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any fee to be part of our Experts Group, but Progent has the following qualifications to join:
- You must show a strong background as a consulting professional operating on your own in your area of specialization, including at least a two year record of successful contracting jobs and/or have your own active client base for whom you currently provide ongoing consulting activity.
- You must demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of specialization, which includes having an extensive task-relevant history and strong references, and possess up-to-date vendor and/or industry professional qualifications.
- You need to know how to present yourself in a professional manner and be self driven and confident in your skills. You need to have strong communications skills and be able to operate efficiently by yourself or as a member of a team.
- You have to know how to articulate proper expectations to clients and other Progent consultants and you need to know how analyze projects, produce task plans, and estimate realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with the Top Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's business climate will make you a better consultant by enhancing your information technology knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the best consulting talent for you to work with, offering an advanced network and communications architecture, running proprietary software utilities to enable the maximum quality of support, and by streamlining proven operational models for attracting and keeping customers.
The main factor that differentiates Progent from other network support firms is the high quality of our support professionals. Among the scores of consultants who have teamed with us, we have assembled top talent across a broad range of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Apple, Linux, virtual servers, or other key technologies, we deploy experts who can enable you to be successful on major jobs by leveraging the collective skills of Progent's team of professionals.
To ensure the success of our consultants, we invest heavily in providing the most powerful tools to do the job efficiently. Progent will leverage information technology to an impressive degree and our state-of-the-art virtual office environment allows seamless communications, collaboration, and knowledge sharing with other Progent consultants ó entirely from home-based or mobile offices. You donít waste time or lose revenue with regular commutes to a conventional office, and any driving you do for on-site customer work is based on your own time table, not ours. The best benefit is that much of our consulting services can be done remotely, representing 100% efficiency for billable hours. In fact, some of our team members do remote support only.
Our operations are geared towards reacting rapidly and efficiently to client requirements via information exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Although Progent's engineers work with a high level of independence, resource allocation is unified, client issues and resolutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and archived for convenient reference, up-to-date consultant availability is broadcast to facilitate team tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and client satisfaction is continually evaluated. We reinforce the sense of cooperation via monthly team conferences and quarterly company-wide events.
The majority of Progent's team is situated across California, but Progent is building a rapidly expanding team of consulting professionals throughout the United States. Our virtual office infrastructure does away with regional obstacles that restrict the efficiency of conventional business structures. We enhance the package by offering a comprehensive employee care plan to promote the physical health and economic security of our employees and their families.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, Progent's sales and administration teams live up to the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance factors behind our growth are helping us to target and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are now engaging every month. Progent recently marked the providing of services to our 1,000th customer. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why we are also a strong sales organization.
Possessing a passion for technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with us. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of technical challenges is what keeps professional support interesting. Customers choose consulting firms to perform the toughest jobs. Innovative tasks, advanced implementations, vexing or entrenched issues, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too typical for computer professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every morning excited about the opportunities ahead.
On the way, you will work with some great people, both by establishing strong customer contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will benefit from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-oriented organization heart and soul. If you donít offer excellent communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a varied group of personalities, then we are probably not a good fit.
If all this sounds right for you, we urge you to talk to Progent about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Improvements and Professional Success with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a well architected and executed network is a crucial factor for accelerating a firm's growth, and we apply this credo in our corporate system environment. We have created a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's staff consultants and certified contractors to deliver fast and effective support, cooperate closely on sophisticated projects, and gain from professional and private growth from acting as a member of a dynamic company ethos of personal drive and freedom.