Among the top IT consulting firms for business systems, Progent maintains a full-time team of talented service professionals who focus on mainstream IT areas including:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless APs, plus VoIP solutions
- System security analysis
- Sophisticated connectivity architecture
- Off-site IT support and system administration
Our Experts Team, which contracts freelance experts premier and coordinated by Progent, provides highly refined knowledge in a broad variety of vital business applications and network solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and applications
- Support for Linux-powered, UNIX, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Business Intelligence consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- CIO, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Web-based application development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle Database development and management help
- Office Access database programming, migration and training
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative structures for acquiring customers, providing service, nurturing a dynamic working environment, and offering highly competitive compensation have allowed Progent to be among the fastest expanding and most well respected Microsoft Partners consultant companies in America and to build an international organization for delivering remote network service. If you are an accredited IT support professional or network consultant with an orientation towards a client service and strong people skills, consultants will discover Progent a chance for enhancing your professional skills, developing a more rewarding career, and attaining economic security.
Find Out Additional Details About Jobs with Progent
Follow these links to learn more information concerning our job opportunities, company culture, operational environment, compensation structure, and benefits:
Full-time Jobs at Progent
We are hiring a range of full-time professionals including motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer engineers; system experts with Cisco certification; and specialists in advanced system architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop environments, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and VMware technology. Progent is also looking for desktop support experts, remote service professionals, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA certified security consultants. Progent is also seeking experienced managers who can operate effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Find out more details about staff consulting positions at Progent by referring to Full-time Work at Progent.
Contract Jobs with Progent
Progent contracts freelance consultants who have proven knowledge and field background in important information technology topics beyond our main technical focus. Our Experts Group employs contractors who can provide advice and development services for line-of-business applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have deep expertise with non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide world-class skills in areas such as telecommunications, web design, Juniper Networks products, web commerce, or Oracle Database development and management. Independent consultants certified by Progent coordinate with our staff engineers to provide comprehensive solutions for small and midsize business networks. In order to find out more information concerning contracting jobs with our Experts Team, go to Freelance Work at Progent.
Ways That We Are Unique
We have been able to attract the best professional talent by being different. With an innovative mix of enterprising spirit, commitment to customer satisfaction, utilization of advanced technical tools, and an independent work structure that offers life-style options for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating culture for talented individuals who posses a desire for rapidly improving their technical skills to create concrete solutions for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Find out additional details about ways that we are different by going to Reasons That Progent Is Unique.
Our Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office environment incorporates sophisticated technologies that support off-site access, wireless communication, convenient availability of Progent's knowledge bases, and close collaboration with talented colleagues to allow you to deal with challenging network problems. Our virtual office network enables you to concentrate on delivering IT solutions rather than fighting commutes and helps consultants build successful client relationships by permitting you to come up with quick, viable, and affordable solutions. In order to find out more details about our virtual office infrastructure, visit Progent virtual Office Work Environment.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation is determined by revenue sharing. What you make is directly determined by the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the option of focusing on life style and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's versatile structure to follow individual enthusiasms, or you can take advantage of the chance to make significant money through hard work and long consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health coverage plus numerous additional benefits. Learn more details about Progent's compensation and benefit programs by visiting Our Compensation and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers
To see answers to frequent enquiries about becoming employed by Progent, refer to Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers.
The following is a description of some present job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft IT Consultant
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to help a range of small and midsize organizations to maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Engineer Positions
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consultant - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize businesses maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Remote
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Exchange design and implementation initiatives. The ideal applicant should be a computer consultant with expertise in Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough understanding of Microsoft AD. This role calls for a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these platforms.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling Progent's broad portfolio of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the BDR include:
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and articulating crucial components of consulting propositions that associate our deliverables with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining strong relationships with customers
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving IT technology
If you would like to ask about any opening shown above, you should e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to copy the job codes of the positions of interest.
Details About Jobs at Progent
Career Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Specialists,
Security Experts, and Online Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire full-time, solutions-oriented Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE credentials; Cisco certified network consultants who have Cisco CCIE certification; security professionals with CISSP or comparable security credentials; and high-end system architecture consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high uptime, workplace recovery, data preservation, and VMware. Progent also is hiring employees who can join our staff of helpdesk service technicians and off-site troubleshooting professionals. In addition, We are looking for experienced managers who can perform productively in our fast-paced, virtual office culture.
By supporting a staff of skilled and dedicated professionals, providing world-class customer care, and following a strong value-based fee model, Progent has been able to expand our client base rapidly while delivering consulting services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common knowledge database, and a group strategy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a talented staff and a loyal customer list.
For a network consultant with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or working for our customers will enhance your skills via interaction with our staff of mutually supportive, talented consultants. Our commitment to providing information technology expertise and technical help to small companies will offer you the opportunity to collaborate intimately with decision makers and add significantly to the success of exciting companies.
Progent is hiring consultants who have verifiable certification related to their special focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. For Cisco consultants, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should have you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or other top security certifications. Of course, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Notwithstanding, simply because a certificate does not ensure expertise is no reason for not owning one. If you have mastered your stuff, then most of these tests should pose no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be a professional, then clients deserve to see certifications. We will promote your skills, but you need to provide basic credentials for Progent to work with. If you happen to be adamantly opposed to the concept of certifications, we can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are probably not an appropriate candidate.
Contract Work for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over 20 years, Progent's consulting professionals have provided low-cost and successful network consulting services for companies in the and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common technical database, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have enabled Progent to build a talented staff and quickly grow a loyal client base.
The Experts Team is Progent's way to provide customers the services of expert information technology support engineers who have in-depth knowledge and work background in important technologies outside of our primary focus in system support and security. Experts Team consultants are typically freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly premier by Progent to collaborate with our staff engineers to deliver comprehensive, world-class information technology solutions to small and midsize businesses. Progent is continually expanding the Experts Team in order to address the special requirements of our clients.
Our Experts Group now provides support in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Consulting for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Mission-critical and specialized program support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Custom program design and integration
- Web site, electronic business, EDI, and client portal development and deployment
- Database management and performance consulting
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecommunications architecture consulting
Benefits of becoming part of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By working with Progent, you can benefit from the momentum of our dramatic expansion and excellent recognition in the marketplace. By maintaining a group of talented and committed professionals, offering excellent client support, and practicing a strong, value-focused billing model, we have multiplied our customer base over the past several years and Progent currently delivers professoinal services to hundreds of companies in and throughout the U.S.
- Progent's experienced marketing team handles all facets of promoting your services and areas of knowledge into our quickly growing client base, so you spend less effort signing up customers and more time making money.
- We will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Premier Certified engineers who are the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Progent's sales and operations teams will take care of the complete selling and contracting process, from lead identification, project qualification, customer needs description, skills matching, job analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility stays with providing high-level consulting service.
- We will provide you access to Progent's advanced virtual office infrastructure, offering professional meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, and Internet and telecomm connectivity anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our extensive database, processes based on leading practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the shared experience from one of 's largest pool of expert information technology professionals.
- We will share special benefits from leading technology companies including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, web connections to special vendor support tools and product maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use programs for education or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to become part of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has the following qualifications to join:
- You should show a proven track record as a consultant operating on your own in your field of expertise, including a minimum two year record of successful contracting projects or you must have an active client base for whom you currently deliver ongoing support services.
- You must show that you have expertise in your area of concentration, including having a long task-relevant record and strong references, and possess current vendor and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You have to be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You need to have excellent communications skills and know how to operate efficiently alone or as part of a group.
- You need to know how to explain proper goals to customers and fellow Progent team members and you must be able evaluate projects, produce project plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Improve Your Abilities with Advanced Technology and
Joining a Great Group of Network Consultants
Progent's company culture will allow you to become a more capable professional by enhancing your technical skills and increasing the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this promise by attracting the best professional talent for you to work with, offering a state-of-the-art network and communications infrastructure, running proprietary application tools to enable the highest level of support, and by streamlining proven business structures for finding and keeping customers.
The decisive factor that separates Progent from typical consulting firms is the high caliber of our consultants. Out of the scores of consultants who have teamed with us, we have assembled top talent across a broad array of technologies. Be it Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux, VMware, or other key areas, we engage professionals who can help you to be successful on major jobs by combining the aggregate skills of our team of experts.
To ensure the success of our team, we invest heavily in providing the best technology to perform the work properly. Progent will exploit technology to an extraordinary extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure allows effortless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent consultants — entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. Consultants don’t waste time or forfeit revenue because of regular commutes to a conventional office, and any travel you do for in-person customer work is determined by your own time table, not ours. The best part is that much of Progent's consulting work can be performed off-site, offering 100% efficiency for billable hours. In fact, some Progent team members do remote support only.
Our operations are set up for responding rapidly and effectively to customer needs via information sharing and collaborative problem resolution. Even though our engineers work with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is unified, customer issues and resolutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and organized for convenient retrieval, current consultant availability is broadcast to streamline group tasks and enable problem escalation, and client approval is always monitored. We reinforce the sense of cooperation via periodic workgroup conferences and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of Progent's team is situated throughout California, however we are building a rapidly expanding team of network professionals throughout the United States. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates geographic boundaries that restrict the productivity of conventional company structures. We complete the deal by offering a full employee care plan to promote the physical health and economic welfare of our team members and their families.
Just as we have awesome consultants, our marketing and operations teams match the excellence that defines Progent. These high-performance factors behind our growth are enabling us to identify and land the scores of new clients we are currently engaging every month. Progent lately marked the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to see for yourself why we are also a strong marketing operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a continual series of network challenges is what makes consulting interesting. Clients rely on consulting firms to do the toughest jobs. Innovative projects, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or chronic problems, and tricky upgrades are the foundation for what we do daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is sadly typical for network professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every day excited about the challenges to come.
On the way, you will meet some great folks, both by building strong client contacts and by working in conjunction with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused company through and through. If you do not offer excellent communications skills or enjoy cooperating with a diverse group of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood a poor fit.
If this seems right for you, we invite you to contact us about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Prowess with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent believes that a well designed and implemented network is a pivotal factor for accelerating a firm's growth, and Progent follows this belief in our corporate system infrastructure. Progent has built a non-stop virtual office network that allows our in-house engineers and certified contractors to offer rapid and efficient service, cooperate easily on sophisticated projects, and experience professional and personal growth by acting as part of a dynamic business ethos of personal drive and independence.