One of the premiere IT consulting firms for business networks, Progent maintains a large staff of talented service experts who focus on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Enterprise security expertise
- Advanced connectivity infrastructures
- Remote troubleshooting and network administration
Progent's Experts Group, which includes independent experts premier and managed by Progent, offers exceptionally specialized skills in a broad range of critical business areas and networking technologies such as:
- Macintosh and iOS integration and application software
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- BI expertise for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Excel Data Analysis Tools, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web-based application software development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and management consulting
- Office Access database development, migration and troubleshooting
- Office and Microsoft Office 365 training
Innovative structures for acquiring clients, providing service, creating a dynamic working environment, and offering generous compensation and benefits have enabled Progent to become one of the most rapidly expanding and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant firms in the U.S. and to establish an international organization for delivering online network assistance. If you are an accredited IT support professional or network consultant with a focus on a client service and excellent communication skills, consultants will discover Progent a chance for adding to your professional skills, developing a more rewarding career, and achieving economic success.
Learn Additional Details About Working at Progent
Follow these pages to learn more information about our work opportunities, company philosophy, work conditions, profit sharing structure, and benefits packages:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
Progent is seeking a range of on-staff professionals including solutions-driven Microsoft MCSE network engineers; connectivity experts who have Cisco CCIE certification; and consultants for fault-tolerant system design with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability systems, business continuity planning, data preservation, and virtual servers. Progent is also hiring desktop support experts, off-site service specialists, and CISSP or CISA accredited security consultants. We are also hiring experienced managers able to operate effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out more details about full-time consulting work at Progent by going to Consulting Positions at Progent.
Contracting Opportunities with Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals with proven expertise and field experience in high-demand information technology topics beyond our main technical focus. Progent's Experts Team hires freelance consultants who offer consulting and programming services for line-of-business applications that include MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess in-depth expertise with non-Microsoft platforms such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer expert skills in technologies such as telecommunications, web development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, eCommerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database programming and management. Independent contractors premier by us coordinate with Progent's in-house engineers to provide comprehensive IT services for small and midsize company networks. In order to learn more details about contract work with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, refer to Contract Work with Progent.
Reasons That We Are Different
Progent has managed to attract the top consulting talent by being different. Providing a powerful blend of entrepreneurial spirit, commitment to client satisfaction, utilization of state-of-the-art technical tools, and a flexible work structure that accommodates life-style choices for Progent's team members, Progent offers a dynamic setting for select consultants who posses a desire for quickly improving their technical skills to deliver real-world solutions for a variety of businesses and technical environments. Find out additional details about ways that we are unique by visiting Reasons That We Are Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office environment provides advanced technical tools that support off-site support, wireless communication, convenient availability of our knowledge bases, and close collaboration with talented colleagues to help you to solve business-critical IT problems. Progent's virtual office model allows you to concentrate on providing IT solutions rather than dealing with commutes and helps consultants nurture successful client relationships by enabling you to provide fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. In order to learn additional details concerning Progent's virtual office work environment, go to Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation Model and Benefit Programs
Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing. What you earn is directly tied to the revenue you contribute. Consultants have the choice of focusing on life style and choosing to work at an easy pace, using our flexible schedule to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can choose to make significant money through persistent work and long hours. Progent also offers complete family health care insurance plus numerous other benefits. Find out more concerning Progent's compensation and benefit packages by referring to Progent Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
To see replies to common enquiries about becoming employed by Progent, go to Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
This is a list of some available job openings:
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert -
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft computer consulting experts in the to assist a variety of small businesses to manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key areas of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Desktop Engineer -
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Experts to assist our clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and notebook computers based on the latest Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with customer's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Details about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small and midsize organizations maintain networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include system architecture, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Job
Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert - , Online
Progent is seeking a Senior Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead enterprise-level Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The right applicant should be a technical consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This position would require experience in the consulting, system design, implementation and maintenance of these technologies.
Details about Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Job
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's extensive selection of IT outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Generating and articulating key components of service propositions that align our services with real business value
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with customers
- Providing ongoing account management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of continually changing technology
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you wish to apply for any job listed above, you should send your resume to email@example.com. Please state the code numbers of the positions of interest.
Additional Facts About Jobs with Us
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Desktop Support Specialists,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to find fulltime, solutions-oriented Microsoft certified consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certification; Cisco accredited system engineers with Cisco CCIE certification; security professionals who have CISSP or equivalent security certification; and high-end network design consultants with experience in mobile access, wireless connectivity, high availability, disaster recovery, data preservation, and VMware. Progent also seeks employees to work on our staff of helpdesk service technicians and off-site support experts. Also, Progent is hiring experienced administrators who can perform productively in our high-growth, virtual office environment.
By supporting a team of skilled and dedicated professionals, delivering world-class client care, and following a strong value-based fee structure, Progent has managed to increase our customer base rapidly while delivering professional support to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a shared information database, and a team strategy for problem solving have helped Progent to retain a skilled staff and a loyal customer base.
If you are an information technology professional with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or working for our clients can enhance your skills via interaction with Progent's staff of mutually team-oriented, talented engineers. Our commitment to providing information technology consulting and computer support to small and midsize companies will give you the chance to collaborate closely with key players and add significantly to the success of dynamic companies.
Progent is looking for technical professionals that can show recognized certification related to their technical focus. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. For Cisco experts, show us your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional credential. For network security, you should have earned you CISSP, CISA, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security certifications. Of course, we are familiar with "paper experts". Nevertheless, the fact that a certificate can not guarantee expertise is no justification for not having one. If you have mastered your stuff, then the majority of these tests should be no challenge. The bottom line is that if you are a professional, then customers deserve to see certifications. Progent will promote your skills, but you need to have basic credentials for us to market. If you happen to be strongly against the idea of certifications, we can understand and honor your position, but you are probably not an appropriate fit.
Freelance Work for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Sun Technology
For over two decades, our information technology professionals have provided affordable and successful network support services for companies in the and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common support knowledge base, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a talented consulting group and quickly grow a loyal customer base.
The Experts Group is Progent's way to offer clients the services of specialized information technology consulting engineers who have in-depth knowledge and work experience in important areas outside of our primary concentration in system support and security. Experts Team members are often freelance engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully premier by Progent to collaborate with our staff engineers to provide end-to-end, enterprise-class information technology solutions to small businesses. We are continually expanding the Experts Team in order to meet the particular requirements of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Group now provides consulting in these areas:
- Macintosh networking and programs
- Expertise for Linux-powered, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- Mission-critical and vertical program help
- CIO, business analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Special applications development and integration
- Web, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal development and integration
- DBM management and efficiency consulting
- Business intelligence consulting
- Telecom architecture consulting
Advantages of becoming a member of Progent's Experts Group include:
- By associating with us, you get to benefit from the momentum of Progent's dramatic growth and top-notch recognition in the industry. By having a team of talented and committed professionals, offering attentive client care, and following a strong, ROI-oriented pricing model, we have multiplied our clientele over the past several years and Progent now provides consulting services to hundreds of companies in and throughout the United States.
- Progent's veteran marketing staff takes care of all facets of promoting your services and areas of knowledge into our rapidly growing customer base, so you expend less time finding clients and extra time generating revenue.
- We will facilitate communications between you and our core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who act as the gateway to the decision makers among Progent's customers.
- Progent's sales and operations staffs will manage the entire selling and contracting process, from lead identification, job approval, client requirements description, skills matching, project scoping proposal writing, agreement negotiation and generation. Your entire responsibility stays with delivering high-level consulting expertise.
- We will gives you connections to Progent's advanced virtual office environment, including convenient conference sites throughout the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm access throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of Progent's vast database, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of template-deliverable publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest pool of expert network engineers.
- Progent will share special benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost ordiscounted training classes, on-line connections to restricted vendor support utilities and product support resources, and on-line internal use software for training or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any cost to be a member of our Experts Team, but we do have strict requirements for membership:
- You should have a proven track record as a consultant working independently in your field of expertise, including at least a two year history of successful contracting jobs or you must have an active customer base for which you currently deliver continuing support services.
- You have to demonstrate that you are an expert in your field of concentration, which includes showing a long work-related record and excellent references, and have current vendor or institutional professional qualifications.
- You should be able to carry yourself in a professional way and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You must have strong communications skills and know how to operate effectively alone or as part of a group.
- You must be able to explain realistic goals to clients and other Progent consultants and you have to know how analyze projects, create project plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Working with a Great Team of Computer Consultants
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a more capable consulting professional by enhancing your technical skills and boosting the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this commitment by attracting the best professional experts for you to work with, providing a state-of-the-art system infrastructure, running specialized application utilities to deliver the highest level of support, and by optimizing proven business models for finding and maintaining clients.
The most important factor that distinguishes us from ordinary consulting companies is the high quality of our service staff. Out of the 50 or so consulting experts who have teamed with Progent, we have recruited top talent covering a broad array of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Mac, Linux, VMware, or other crucial application, we engage professionals who can enable you to be successful on larger jobs by combining the aggregate experience of Progent's team of experts.
To promote the success of our team, we invest significantly in making available the most powerful tools to do the job efficiently. We will exploit information technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office environment allows seamless communications, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with other Progent team members ó entirely from home-based or on-the-road offices. You donít waste time or lose revenue because of regular commutes to a physical office building, and any travel you do for in-person client jobs is based on your schedule, not ours. The most attractive part is that most of Progent's consulting work can be performed remotely, representing maximum productivity for income-producing time. In practice, some Progent staff do off-site consulting exclusively.
Progent's operations are geared towards responding quickly and effectively to client requirements through information exchange and cooperative problem solving. Although our engineers operate with a high level of freedom, dispatching is unified, customer problems and solutions are meticulously monitored, recorded, and organized for easy reference, current engineer schedules are broadcast to facilitate team projects and simplify trouble escalation, and customer satisfaction is always monitored. We reinforce the sense of connection through periodic team meetings and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of our consultants are situated throughout California, however Progent is attracting a quickly expanding group of consulting experts throughout America. Progent's virtual office environment does away with regional boundaries that limit the productivity of conventional business structures. We complete the deal by providing a full benefit plan to ensure the physical health and economic welfare of our team members and their relations.
Not only do we have awesome consultants, our sales and administration teams match the excellence that defines Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progentís growth are helping us to target and sign up the scores of new customers we are now acquiring each month. Progent lately celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th customer. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why we are also an effective sales organization.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for success with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than you would in any other job in network technology. Being confronted by a steady stream of technical challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Clients choose consultants to do the ďhard stuff.Ē Creative tasks, leading-edge deployments, puzzling or chronic issues, and difficult migrations are the basis for what we do daily. With us, you will not stagnate or be narrowly defined, as is all too common for network engineers in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some great people, both by building close customer contacts and by operating closely with other Progent consultants, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but we are a relationship-focused organization from top to bottom. If you do not have strong people skills or like working with a varied assortment of people, then we are probably a poor match.
If all this sounds right for you, we invite you to talk to Progent about our view of the future of network consulting.
Enjoy Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and implemented network is a crucial piece for enabling any firm's growth, and Progent follows this credo in our own network environment. We have created a zero-downtime virtual office network that allows our in-house consultants and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and efficient support, cooperate closely on sophisticated projects, and experience professional and private maturity by being a member of an exciting business culture of personal drive and freedom.