Among the premier IT consulting firms for small and midsize business systems, Progent maintains a full-time staff of certified service professionals who focus on core IT areas such as:
- Microsoft Windows products
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Network security analysis
- Sophisticated network architecture
- Off-site IT support and network administration
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts freelance consultants premier and coordinated by Progent, provides highly specialized skills in a broad variety of critical software areas and networking solutions that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX, and Sun environments
- Microsoft Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- BI consulting for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Web application development, integration, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle Database development and management help
- Microsoft Access database application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office desktop and Office 365 individual and group training
Innovative structures for finding customers, delivering support, establishing a dynamic working environment, and providing highly competitive compensation have allowed us to become among the most rapidly growing and most well recognized Microsoft Partners consultant companies in America and to build an international presence for delivering remote IT support. If you are a certified IT support professional or information technology expert with a focus on a client success and strong people skills, consultants should consider Progent an opportunity for enhancing your technical skills, living a more rewarding career, and attaining financial success.
Learn Additional Details Concerning Jobs at Progent
Follow these pages to find out more details concerning our job opportunities, business philosophy, operational environment, compensation model, and benefits packages:
Full-time Positions at Progent
We are seeking a variety of full-time workers such as experienced Microsoft MCSE network engineers; network consultants who have Cisco CCIE credentials; and consultants for fault-tolerant system architecture with backgrounds in mobile access, wireless integration, high-availability systems, business continuity solutions, data protection, and server virtualization. Progent is also looking for desktop support technicians, off-site troubleshooting specialists, and CISSP, CISM, or CISA accredited security engineers. Progent is also seeking experienced managers able to perform efficiently in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Find out additional information about staff professional services work at Progent by visiting Full-time Work at Progent.
Contract Opportunities with Progent
Progent contracts freelance professionals with in-depth expertise and working experience in important information technology areas beyond our primary service focus. Our Experts Team employs independent consultants who can provide advice and programming support for mission-critical solutions that include Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM; possess deep knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux derivatives, Macintosh, or Sun, or can provide world-class skills in areas like telecom, web development, Juniper Networks infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and administration. Freelance consultants certified by us coordinate with Progent's in-house consultants to provide comprehensive IT services for small business networks. In order to learn additional information about contracting jobs with our Experts Team, see Freelance Jobs at Progent.
Ways That We Are Exceptional
Progent has managed to attract the best professional experts by being different. Providing an innovative blend of enterprising spirit, commitment to customer satisfaction, utilization of advanced technology, and an independent work model that offers quality-of-life choices for our team members, Progent offers a stimulating environment for select individuals who have a drive for quickly improving their technical abilities to create concrete solutions for a variety of businesses and network environments. Find out additional information concerning ways that Progent is different by going to Ways That Progent Is Exceptional.
Our Virtual Office Business Model
Progent's virtual office network incorporates state-of-the-art technical tools that allow remote access, wireless communication, easy access to Progent's knowledge bases, and close collaboration with talented team members to allow you to solve business-critical network issues. Progent's virtual office setting frees you to focus on providing service rather than dealing with commutes and lets consultants nurture successful customer relationships by enabling you to come up with quick, effective, and cost-effective solutions. If you want to learn more details concerning our virtual office work environment, visit Progent virtual Office Business Model.
Compensation Model and Benefit Packages
Our compensation is based on revenue sharing. The money you earn is directly tied to what you generate. Consultants have the choice of concentrating on quality of life and electing to work at a more relaxed pace, using our flexible schedule to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can use the opportunity to earn significant money by hard work and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides complete family health coverage as well as numerous other benefits. Find out more details about Progent's compensation and benefit packages by visiting Progent Compensation Model and Benefit Packages.
Employment at Progent FAQs
To see answers to popular enquiries concerning being a consultant at Progent, see Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
This is a list of some current job opportunities:
Job Code P014
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert
Progent is seeking experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the to help a variety of small and midsize organizations to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert Job
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is looking for Desktop Support Consultants to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our customer locations in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
Specifics about Desktop Support Expert Positions
Job Code P018
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Sr. Microsoft IT consultants in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small organizations manage networks powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of knowledge include network infrastructure, Active Directory design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Specifics about Senior Microsoft Computer Consultant Positions
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is looking for a Sr. Exchange expert to lead enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange design and deployment initiatives. The ideal candidate would be a computer consultant with mastery in Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This role calls for a background in the consulting, architectural design, deployment and support of these technologies.
Specifics on Senior Exchange Expert Job
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling Progent's broad portfolio of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and application development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Details about Business Development Representative (BDR) Jobs - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Generating and articulating key elements of consulting propositions which tie Progent's services with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining excellent relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing client management and developing follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing IT technology
If you wish to enquire about any position listed above, please send your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to include the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
More Information Concerning Jobs with Us
Fulltime Jobs for Network Consultants, Computer Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Remote Support Technicians
Progent is seeking to find fulltime, solutions-driven Microsoft accredited consultants with Microsoft MCSE or MCSA credentials; Cisco accredited network engineers with Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA certification; security consultants with CISM or comparable security certification; and high-end system design experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless networking, high availability, workplace recovery, information protection, and virtual servers. Progent also is looking for employees who can join our team of desktop service specialists and remote troubleshooting experts. Also, We are looking for talented administrators who can perform productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of talented and motivated professionals, delivering attentive client care, and following a strong value-based pricing structure, We have managed to increase our customer base rapidly while delivering consulting services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common information database, and a team strategy for problem solving have allowed Progent to retain a skilled consulting team and a loyal customer list.
If you are a network consultant with technical support expertise, joining Progent or helping our clients will enhance your skills through cooperation with Progent's staff of mutually supportive, talented engineers. Progent's focus on delivering network expertise and computer help to small companies will give you the chance to work closely with key players and add appreciably to the growth of dynamic companies.
We are hiring technical professionals who can show verifiable credentials in their special expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have your MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco experts, have your CCIE or CCNP credential. For security, you should have earned you CISSP, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other leading security credentials. Naturally, we are familiar with “paper MCSEs.” Nevertheless, simply because a credential can not guarantee excellence is no reason for not having one. If you know your stuff, then most of these certifications should pose no great difficulty. The crux of the matter is that if you are an expert, then clients deserve to see credentials. We can broadcast your talents, but you should have basic credentials for Progent to work with. In case you stand adamantly against the concept of credentials, we can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are likely not a good candidate.
Freelance Work for certified Experts for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Solaris Technology
For more than two decades, Progent's consulting professionals have offered affordable and successful network consulting expertise for businesses in the and throughout the United States. An advanced virtual office environment, a common support knowledge base, and a team approach to problem solving have enabled Progent to build a talented consulting group and dramatically expand a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Team is our way to provide customers the services of expert information technology support professionals who have in-depth skills and field experience in important areas outside of our core focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Group members are often independent engineers and sometimes "moonlighters" who have been carefully certified by us to work closely with Progent's staff consultants to deliver end-to-end, world-class information technology solutions to small businesses. We are always enhancing our Experts Team in order to meet the special needs of our clients.
Progent's Experts Team now provides support in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Line-of-business and specialized program support
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Custom program development and integration
- Web site, electronic business, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal design and integration
- SQL management and performance consulting
- Business information consulting
- Telecom architecture support
Benefits of being a member of Our Experts Team include:
- By associating with Progent, you get to take advantage of the impact of Progent's explosive growth and excellent recognition in the industry. By maintaining a team of talented and dedicated professionals, offering attentive customer support, and following a proven, ROI-oriented billing structure, we have multiplied our clientele over the last several years and Progent currently delivers professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in California and throughout the U.S.
- Our veteran marketing staff handles all facets of marketing your services and areas of expertise into our rapidly growing customer base, so you expend less effort signing up customers and extra time making revenue.
- Progent will assist in relationship building between you and our core group of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Certified engineers who are the conduit to the key executives among Progent's clients.
- Our sales and administration groups will take care of the entire selling and engagement cycle, from lead generation, job qualification, customer needs description, capabilities matching, project scoping proposal generation, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus is on providing high-level consulting service.
- Progent will provide you connections to our sophisticated virtual office environment, including convenient conference sites in the San Francisco area, as well as Internet and telecomm access throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's vast database, procedures based on leading practices, library of professional documents, and the shared experience from one of 's largest independent groups of expert consulting engineers.
- We will share partner-only benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost training classes, web access to restricted vendor support utilities and technical maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use programs for education and/or sales purposes.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no cost to be a member of Progent's Experts Group, but we do have these requirements for membership:
- You should have a proven track record as a consultant working on your own in your field of expertise, including at least a two year record of successful contracting jobs or you must have your own active client base for whom you now provide continuing consulting services.
- You need to demonstrate that you have expertise in your field of concentration, including showing a long work-related record and strong references, and possess up-to-date vendor or industry professional qualifications.
- You have to be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your abilities. You must have strong inter-personal skills and be able to work effectively by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You need to be able to explain proper goals to clients and fellow Progent consultants and you need to know how scope out projects, create task plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Improve Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Working with a Great Group of Computer Consultants
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a more capable consultant by enhancing your technical knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your customers. Progent delivers on this commitment by recruiting the best consulting experts for you to operate with, providing a state-of-the-art system architecture, running specialized software tools to deliver the maximum level of service, and by streamlining our business structures for attracting and retaining customers.
The decisive factor that distinguishes us from most consulting companies is the high quality of our consulting team. Out of the scores of consultants who have joined us, we have recruited the best talent across a broad range of technical areas. Whether it’s Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, network security, Apple, Linux/UNIX, VMware, or other vital technologies, we engage professionals who can help you to be successful on major jobs by combining the aggregate experience of Progent's team of professionals.
To ensure the success of Progent's team, we invest significantly in making available the best tools to perform the job efficiently. We will exploit technology to an impressive extent and our state-of-the-art virtual office infrastructure enables effortless connectivity, collaboration, and information sharing with fellow Progent consultants — entirely from at-home or on-the-road offices. You don’t waste time or lose revenue because of daily commutes to a physical office, and any driving you do for in-person client work is determined by your own schedule, not Progent's. The best benefit is that most of Progent's consulting work can be performed off-site, offering maximum efficiency for billable hours. In fact, some Progent staff do off-site consulting exclusively.
Progent's business structure is set up for responding quickly and efficiently to client needs via knowledge sharing and cooperative problem solving. Even though Progent's consultants operate with a high level of independence, dispatching is centralized, client problems and solutions are carefully monitored, recorded, and organized for easy reference, up-to-date engineer schedules are broadcast to facilitate team tasks and enable problem escalation, and client satisfaction is always evaluated. We reinforce the sense of cooperation via monthly team conferences and regular corporate events.
The majority of Progent's consultants are situated across California, however Progent is building a rapidly expanding group of network experts throughout America. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic obstacles that limit the productivity of traditional company models. We complete the package by providing a full employee care plan to ensure the physical health and economic welfare of our team members and their families.
Just as we have awesome consulting professionals, our sales and operations teams live up to the high standards that defines Progent. These top-notch contributors to Progent’s success are enabling us to identify and sign up the 50-60 new customers we are currently engaging each month. We lately celebrated the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective sales operation.
Possessing a commitment to technical proficiency is a key for success with Progent. A career in consulting will push you to learn more than is possible in any other job in network technology. Being exposed to a steady series of technical challenges is what makes professional support exciting. Customers rely on a consultant to perform the “hard stuff.” Creative projects, advanced deployments, vexing or entrenched issues, and difficult migrations are the foundation for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be narrowly defined, as is all too typical for network professionals in ordinary corporate roles. You will wake up every morning excited about the opportunities to come.
Along the way, you will work with some great people, both by establishing strong customer relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their growth. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company heart and soul. If you don’t offer excellent people skills or like working with a diverse assortment of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good match.
If this seems good to you, we invite you to talk to us about our vision of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Success with
Progent's Sophisticated Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and implemented network is a pivotal factor for enabling any firm's success, and Progent follows this belief in our corporate system infrastructure. Progent has created a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that allows our staff consultants and authorized contractors to offer fast and effective service, collaborate closely on sophisticated jobs, and experience career and private maturity by being a member of an exciting business ethos of self motivation and freedom.