One of America's premier IT consulting companies for small and midsize business networks, Progent manages a full-time team of certified service experts who focus on mainstream IT areas such as:
- Microsoft products
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN solutions
- Enterprise security analysis
- Sophisticated connectivity infrastructures
- Off-site troubleshooting and network administration
Progent's Experts Group, which contracts independent consultants premier and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally specialized skills in a wide variety of critical business areas and networking technologies that include:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and applications
- Consulting for Linux-based, UNIX, and Sun Solaris systems
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management customization
- BI expertise for platforms including SQL Server BI Stack, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web application development, deployment, and debugging
- SQL Server and Oracle DBM development and management help
- Office Access application development, enhancement and training
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 custom training
Innovative models for acquiring clients, providing service, nurturing an efficient working environment, and offering highly competitive compensation and benefits have allowed us to be one of the most rapidly growing and best respected Microsoft Partners consultant organizations in the U.S. and to build an international organization for delivering remote network support. If you are an accredited computer support professional or network expert with a drive for a customer success and strong people skills, consulting professionals will discover Progent a chance for increasing your professional skills, developing a more independent career, and achieving economic security.
Learn Additional Information Concerning Working at Progent
Check out these pages to learn more information concerning Progent's job opportunities, company philosophy, work environment, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Consulting Jobs at Progent
We are seeking a range of on-staff professionals including motivated Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer engineers; connectivity experts with CCIE credentials; and specialists in advanced system design with experience in mobile connectivity, wireless integration, non-stop systems, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and VMware technology. Progent is also hiring workstation support experts, off-site service professionals, and CISA or CISM accredited security professionals. We are also hiring veteran managers and administrators able to operate efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out more details about full-time professional services jobs at Progent by referring to Consulting Careers at Progent.
Contract Opportunities with Progent
Progent works with independent professionals who have specialized expertise and working experience in high-demand IT topics outside our primary service focus. Progent's Experts Group includes independent consultants who offer consulting and development support for line-of-business applications such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; have in-depth knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Solaris, or can provide expert skills in technologies such as telecom, web design, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle DBM programming and management. Freelance consultants certified by us cooperate with our in-house professionals to deliver comprehensive solutions for small and midsize company networks. To learn more information about contracting jobs with Progent's Experts Consulting Group, visit Freelance Work at Progent.
Reasons That We Are Exceptional
We have managed to attract the best professional talent by being unique. With an innovative blend of enterprising drive, dedication to customer satisfaction, utilization of advanced technical tools, and a flexible business structure that offers quality-of-life choices for our team members, Progent creates a stimulating culture for talented individuals who have a drive for rapidly improving their professional skills to deliver real-world benefits for a range of businesses and network environments. Find out additional information about ways that we are unique by going to Ways That We Are Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Our virtual office environment uses sophisticated technical tools that allow off-site support, wireless connectivity, easy availability of our support databases, and close cooperation with talented team members to help you to resolve challenging network issues. Progent's virtual office network enables you to concentrate on delivering IT solutions instead of fighting traffic and lets consultants nurture lasting client relationships by permitting you to provide quick, viable, and affordable solutions. To find out more details concerning our virtual office work environment, refer to Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is wholly determined by what you generate. Consultants have the option of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to consult at an easy pace, using our flexible schedule to follow personal enthusiasms, or you can choose to make significant income by persistent work and long hours. Progent also provides complete family health coverage plus many additional benefits. Find out more details concerning Progent's compensation and benefit packages by referring to Progent Compensation and Benefit Packages.
Working with Progent Q&A
To see replies to popular questions concerning being a consultant at Progent, visit Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
This is a description of our present job openings:
Job Code P014
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft information technology consultants in the to help a variety of small organizations to manage IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Key areas of expertise include network infrastructure, AD design and repair, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft Computer Consultant Job
Job Code P016
Desktop Support Expert
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting role that will be performed at our client premises in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work closely with customer's executives, management, IT staff or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Specifics on Desktop Support Expert Positions
Job Code P018
Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is seeking proven Sr. Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small businesses maintain IT environments based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of knowledge include system infrastructure, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft Information Technology Consultant Job
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Consultant - Online
Progent is looking for a Senior Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Microsoft Exchange design and implementation projects. The ideal candidate should be a computer consultant with expertise in the area of Exchange 2007 through 2019 and Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This position calls for experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and support of these technologies.
More information about Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant Positions
Job Code S25
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative to operate as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's broad portfolio of information technology outsourcing and network consulting, and development services. Activities of the Business Development Representative include:
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
- Producing and explaining key elements of service propositions that associate Progent's deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on engagements
- Explaining continually evolving IT technology
If you would like to enquire about any opening shown above, you should send your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to state the code numbers of the jobs that interest you.
Details About Opportunities at Progent
Career Work for Network Consultants, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Experts, and Remote Support Professionals
Progent wants to hire full-time, results-oriented Microsoft accredited engineers with MCSE or MCP certification; Cisco certified network engineers who have Cisco CCIE, CCNP, or CCNA credentials; security consultants with CISA or equivalent security credentials; and high-end system design experts with experience in mobile solutions, wireless networking, fault tolerance, workplace recovery, information protection, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks employees to join our team of desktop support technicians and off-site support professionals. In addition, We are seeking talented managers who can operate productively in our fast-paced, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of talented and motivated professionals, delivering attentive customer services, and following a strong value-focused pricing model, We have managed to increase our client base rapidly while delivering professional services to hundreds of companies in the San Francisco area and across the United States. An advanced virtual office network, a shared information database, and a group strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled consulting team and a satisfied client base.
If you are a network consultant with troubleshooting expertise, joining Progent or working for our customers can enhance your skills through interaction with our staff of highly team-oriented, expert engineers. Our focus on delivering information technology consulting and computer support to small and midsize organizations will offer you the chance to work intimately with key players and contribute significantly to the success of dynamic companies.
We are looking for consultants who have verifiable certification related to their technical focus. So, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you should have earned your Microsoft MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco consultants, have your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP certificate. For network security, you should show you CISSP, CISA, CISM, or other top security credentials. Naturally, we are aware of ďpaper MCSEs.Ē Nevertheless, simply because a certificate does not ensure excellence is no excuse for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then most of these tests should be no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you are a professional, then clients deserve to see certifications. Progent will broadcast your skills, but you must have standard certifications for us to work with. In case you happen to be adamantly opposed to the concept of credentials, Progent can understand and honor your opinion, but you are probably not a good fit.
Contract Jobs for premier Application Specialists for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux-based, and Sun Solaris Technology
For over two decades, our information technology professionals have offered affordable and successful network support services for small businesses in the and across the U.S. An advanced virtual office environment, a common support database, and a collaborative approach to problem resolution have helped Progent to retain a strong staff and quickly expand a satisfied client base.
The Experts Group is our way to offer customers the services of expert computer support engineers who have advanced skills and work background in important areas beyond Progent's primary concentration in system support and security. Experts Group members are typically freelance contractors and sometimes "moonlighters" who are carefully certified by Progent to collaborate with our staff engineers to deliver comprehensive, world-class network solutions to small and midsize companies. We are always enhancing the Experts Group to meet the particular needs of our customer base.
Progent's Experts Team now provides support in these technologies:
- Macintosh integration and applications
- Expertise for Linux, UNIX-powered, and Sun Solaris systems
- Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Line-of-business and vertical program help
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Special program design and deployment
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and client portal design and integration
- Database management and performance help
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecom systems consulting
Benefits of becoming a member of Our Experts Group include:
- By associating with Progent, you can take advantage of the impact of Progent's dramatic expansion and excellent reputation in the marketplace. By maintaining a team of skilled and committed consultants, providing attentive customer support, and practicing a strong, ROI-oriented pricing structure, we have multiplied our clientele over the past several years and Progent currently provides professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in and across the United States.
- Our veteran marketing team handles all facets of marketing your skills and areas of expertise into our quickly growing customer base, so you expend less effort signing up clients and extra time generating money.
- We will facilitate communications between you and Progent's key group of expert Microsoft and Cisco Certified consultants who act as the gateway to the key executives among Progent's customers.
- Our sales and administration staffs will manage the entire selling and contracting process, from opportunity generation, project approval, client requirements definition, skills matching, job scoping proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your entire responsibility stays with providing top-quality consulting service.
- We will provide you connections to our sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, including professional conference sites in the San Francisco area, as well as data and voice connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have access to our vast database, procedures based on industry best practices, library of template-deliverable publications, and the shared expertise from one of the country's largest pool of experienced consulting professionals.
- We will share partner-only benefits from top vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, web connections to restricted vendor troubleshooting tools and technical maintenance resources, and downloadable in-house use software for education and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to become a member of Progent's Experts Team, but Progent has the following qualifications for membership:
- You need to have a strong background as a consulting professional operating independently in your area of specialization, including at least a two year record of successful contracting projects and/or have your own active customer base to whom you currently provide continuing consulting activity.
- You have to show that you are an expert in your field of specialization, which includes having a long task-relevant record and strong references, and possess current vendor and/or institutional professional qualifications.
- You should be able to carry yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and confident in your skills. You need to have excellent communications skills and understand how to work effectively by yourself or as a member of a group.
- You need to be able to explain realistic goals to clients and other Progent team members and you should know how scope out projects, produce task plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Computer Engineers
Progent's business climate will allow you to become a more capable professional by improving your information technology knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your clients. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the best professional talent for you to operate with, offering a state-of-the-art system architecture, running custom application tools to deliver the maximum quality of service, and by optimizing our operational models for attracting and maintaining customers.
The most important factor that differentiates us from most consulting companies is the high caliber of our consulting team. Among the 50 or so consultants who have joined us, we have assembled the best expertise covering a broad range of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft servers, Cisco switches, corporate security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other key technologies, we engage professionals who can help you to be effective on larger jobs by combining the collective experience of Progent's team of professionals.
To ensure the success of our team, we invest significantly in making available the best tools to perform the job properly. Progent will exploit information technology to an impressive extent and our advanced virtual office environment enables effortless communications, cooperation, and information sharing with fellow Progent consultants ó entirely from at-home or mobile offices. You donít throw away time or lose revenue with regular drives to a conventional office, and all driving you do for on-site client work is determined by your schedule, not ours. The most attractive part is that much of Progent's consulting work can be done off-site, representing 100% productivity for billable hours. In fact, some of our staff do off-site support only.
Progent's operations are set up for responding quickly and efficiently to customer needs via information exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Although Progent's consultants work with a great deal of freedom, resource allocation is unified, customer issues and solutions are meticulously monitored, documented, and archived for convenient retrieval, current engineer availability is broadcast to facilitate team tasks and enable problem escalation, and client satisfaction is always evaluated. We strengthen the sense of connection via periodic team conferences and quarterly corporate events.
The majority of our team is situated across California, however we are building a rapidly growing team of consulting experts throughout America. Our virtual office infrastructure eliminates geographic boundaries that limit the efficiency of conventional business models. We complete the package by offering a comprehensive employee care plan to promote the physical health and financial security of our employees and their families.
Just as we have awesome consultants, our marketing and administration teams live up to the excellence that is Progent. These high-performance factors behind our growth are enabling us to identify and sign up the scores of new customers we are currently acquiring each month. Progent lately marked the delivery of support to our 1,000th customer. Just type ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also an effective marketing operation.
Having a commitment to technical excellence is a cornerstone for success with us. A job in consulting will drive you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a continual stream of technical challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Customers choose a consultant to perform the ďhard stuff.Ē Creative tasks, advanced deployments, puzzling or entrenched issues, and difficult migrations are the foundation for what we do every day. With us, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly typical for computer engineers in ordinary corporate jobs. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some wonderful folks, both by establishing close customer relationships and by operating in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is important, but Progent is a relationship-oriented organization from top to bottom. If you donít offer strong people skills or like cooperating with a diverse assortment of people, then Progent is probably not a good fit.
If all this seems good to you, we urge you to talk to us about our vision of the future of information technology consulting.
Get Quality of Life Improvements and Technical Success with
Our Advanced Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well designed and implemented network can be a crucial piece for enabling any firm's growth, and Progent applies this philosophy in our corporate system environment. Progent has built a fault-tolerant virtual office infrastructure that enables Progent's staff engineers and authorized contractors to offer fast and efficient service, cooperate easily on sophisticated projects, and experience professional and private maturity from being a member of an exciting business ethos of personal drive and independence.