Among America's top network consultant companies for business networks, Progent maintains a full-time staff of certified service professionals who concentrate on mainstream technologies including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus Voice over IP and VPN products
- Enterprise security analysis
- Advanced network architecture
- Remote IT support and network administration
Our Experts Group, which contracts independent experts premier and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally refined knowledge covering a broad range of vital software areas and networking technologies that include:
- Apple OS and iOS integration and application software
- Support for Linux-based, UNIX-powered, and Sun systems
- Microsoft Dynamics Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM customization
- Business Intelligence expertise for SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Microsoft Management Reporter/FRx
- Chief Information Officer, business analyst, and project management services
- Web-based application software design, deployment, and troubleshooting
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM development and DBA help
- Office Access database application development, enhancement and troubleshooting
- Office and Office 365 training
Innovative structures for attracting clients, providing support, nurturing an efficient working environment, and providing highly competitive compensation have allowed Progent to become among the most rapidly expanding and best recognized Microsoft Partners consultant companies in America and to establish a worldwide organization for delivering remote network support. If you are an accredited computer technician or network consultant with a focus on a customer success and excellent communication skills, consulting professionals will find in Progent an opportunity for adding to your technical skills, living a more rewarding lifestyle, and achieving economic success.
Learn Additional Details About Jobs at Progent
Check out these pages to find out additional information concerning our job opportunities, company culture, work conditions, profit sharing model, and benefits:
Consulting Careers at Progent
Progent is hiring a variety of full-time employees including experienced Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCP computer engineers; connectivity consultants who have CCIE credentials; and specialists in advanced system design with experience in mobile access, wireless networking, high-availability systems, disaster recovery planning, data preservation, and VMware technology. Progent is also seeking workstation support technicians, off-site troubleshooting professionals, and CISSP accredited security professionals. We are also seeking experienced managers and administrators who can perform efficiently in our dynamic, virtual office environment. Find out more details about full-time consulting positions at Progent by going to Consulting Jobs at Progent.
Freelance Opportunities with Progent
Progent works with independent consultants who have proven expertise and hands-on experience in high-demand information technology topics beyond our primary service focus. Progent's Experts Team employs independent consultants who offer advice and development services for strategic solutions such as MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess specialized knowledge of non-Microsoft operating systems such as Linux, Apple OS, or Sun, or offer expert help in technologies such as telecommunications, web site development, Juniper products, web commerce, or Oracle DBM programming and administration. Freelance consultants premier by Progent coordinate with our staff engineers to deliver end-to-end solutions for small company networks. If you want to learn additional information about freelance opportunities with our Experts Consulting Group, see Contracting Jobs at Progent.
Ways That We Are Different
We have been able to attract the top consulting experts by being unique. With an innovative blend of enterprising drive, dedication to client success, use of state-of-the-art technology, and a flexible work structure that accommodates quality-of-life choices for Progent's consulting team, Progent offers a stimulating culture for talented individuals who posses a desire for rapidly improving their professional skills to deliver real-world solutions for a variety of businesses and network environments. Find out additional information concerning ways that we are unique by visiting Ways That Progent Is Different.
Progent's Virtual Office Network
Progent's virtual office network incorporates state-of-the-art technologies that enable remote support, wireless connectivity, easy access to our support databases, and instant collaboration with mobile team members to help you to deal with challenging network problems. Our virtual office network frees you to concentrate on providing service instead of dealing with traffic and helps consultants build successful customer relationships by enabling you to provide fast, viable, and affordable solutions. To find out more details about our virtual office work environment, visit Progent virtual Office Infrastructure.
Compensation and Benefit Packages
Progent's compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. The money you make is wholly based on what you contribute. Consultants have the choice of focusing on life style and choosing to consult at a more relaxed pace, utilizing our flexible schedule to make time for personal pursuits, or you can use the opportunity to earn considerable money through persistent effort and lots of consulting time. Progent also provides comprehensive family health coverage as well as numerous additional benefits. Learn additional details about our compensation and benefit packages by referring to Progent Compensation and Benefit Programs.
Employment at Progent Q&A
To see answers to popular questions concerning becoming employed by Progent, refer to Employment at Progent Frequently Asked Questions.
This is a description of our current job openings:
Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert -
Progent is seeking experienced Sr. Microsoft information technology consultants in the to assist a variety of small organizations to maintain networks based on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Microsoft Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important areas of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based email, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Desktop Support Expert -
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to assist Progent's customers with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at Progent's client sites in the . Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support users of all desktop and notebook computers powered by current Microsoft technologies. In addition, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of our senior consultant to support the client's end users.
Details on Desktop Support Expert Jobs
Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for proven Senior Microsoft information technology consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a variety of small businesses maintain IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Key fields of expertise include network architecture, AD design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
Details about Sr. Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Positions
Sr. Microsoft Exchange Expert - , Online
Progent is seeking a Sr. Microsoft Exchange expert to spearhead large-scale Exchange planning and deployment initiatives. The ideal applicant should be a technical consultant with subject matter expertise in the area of Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Microsoft Office 365 and with a thorough grasp of Active Directory. This position calls for experience in the consulting, architectural design, implementation and support of these technologies.
Specifics on Senior Microsoft Exchange Expert Jobs
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior sales executive who is responsible for selling the company's broad portfolio of IT outsourcing and computer consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Generating and articulating key elements of service proposals that associate Progent's deliverables with a customer's unique competitive requirements
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with Progent's clients
- Providing continuing account management and generating follow-on sales
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly evolving technology
Details on Business Development Representative (BDR) Job - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you would like to enquire about any opening listed above, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Please copy the job codes of the positions that interest you.
Details Concerning Jobs with Us
Career Jobs for Network Engineers, Desktop Support Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Support Professionals
Progent is seeking to hire staff-level, results-driven Microsoft certified engineers with Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, or MCP certification; Cisco certified system consultants with CCIE certification; security professionals who have CISSP or equivalent security credentials; and advanced network design consultants with experience in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, business continuity, information preservation, and server virtualization. Progent also is hiring professionals to join Progent's team of help desk support specialists and off-site support experts. In addition, Progent is hiring experienced managers able to perform productively in Progent's high-growth, virtual office environment.
By maintaining a staff of skilled and dedicated consultants, delivering world-class customer services, and offering a strong results-based pricing structure, We have been able to increase our customer base dramatically while delivering consulting services to numerous businesses in the San Francisco area and throughout the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared information base, and a team approach to problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a skilled staff and a satisfied client list.
For a network professional with troubleshooting experience, teaming with Progent or helping our customers will expand your knowledge via cooperation with Progent's staff of mutually supportive, expert consultants. Our commitment to providing information technology expertise and technical help to small and midsize companies will offer you the chance to work intimately with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the success of dynamic companies.
Progent is looking for consultants who have verifiable certification in their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft consultant, you must have your Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certificate. In the case of Cisco consultants, show us your Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCNP credential. For network security, you should have earned you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, or one of the other top security credentials. Naturally, Progent is aware of "paper experts". Notwithstanding, the fact that a certificate does not ensure excellence is no justification for not having one. If you know your stuff, then the majority of these certifications should be no great difficulty. The bottom line is that if you represent yourself to be an expert, then clients deserve to see certifications. Progent can broadcast your skills, but you must have basic certifications for us to market. If you are strongly opposed to the concept of credentials, we can understand and respect your position, but you are likely not an appropriate fit.
Contract Work for certified Application Specialists for
Windows, Apple OS, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, Progent's consulting engineers have provided low-cost and effective network consulting expertise for companies in the and across the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office network, a common support database, and a team philosophy for problem resolution have helped us to build a strong consulting group and quickly grow a satisfied customer base.
The Experts Team is our way to offer customers the services of expert information technology support professionals who have in-depth skills and work experience in key technologies beyond Progent's primary focus in system infrastructure and security. Experts Team consultants are typically freelance contractors and occasionally "moonlighters" who are carefully premier by us to work closely with our in-house engineers to deliver comprehensive, world-class network solutions to small companies. Progent is always enhancing our Experts Group to address the particular requirements of our customer base.
Our Experts Team now offers support in these areas:
- Apple OS networking and programs
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX, and Sun systems
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management expertise
- Line-of-business and specialized application support
- Chief Information Officer, management information analyst, and project management outsourcing
- Custom program design and integration
- Web site, eCommerce, Electronic Data Interchange, and customer portal development and deployment
- DBM management and performance consulting
- Management intelligence expertise
- Telecom systems support
Benefits of becoming part of Our Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you get to take advantage of the momentum of Progent's explosive expansion and top-notch recognition in the market. By maintaining a team of skilled and committed professionals, providing excellent customer care, and following a strong, ROI-focused pricing structure, we have multiplied our clientele during the past several years and Progent now provides consulting services to hundreds of businesses in California and across the United States.
- Progent's experienced marketing team handles all facets of marketing your services and technical expertise into our rapidly growing client base, so you spend less effort signing up customers and extra time making revenue.
- We will assist in relationship building between you and Progent's key team of experienced Microsoft and Cisco Premier engineers who act as the conduit to the influential managers among Progent's clients.
- Our selling and operations staffs will take care of the entire sales and engagement cycle, from opportunity identification, project approval, customer needs description, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal writing, agreement negotiation and execution. Your exclusive focus is on providing top-quality consulting expertise.
- Progent will gives you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering professional conference sites in the San Francisco area, plus data and voice connectivity throughout the U.S.
- You will have the benefit of our vast knowledge base, processes based on industry best practices, abundance of professional publications, and the aggregate expertise from one of 's largest independent groups of experienced information technology professionals.
- We will share special benefits from leading vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, including no-cost orlow-cost educational seminars, on-line access to restricted vendor troubleshooting utilities and technical support resources, and on-line in-house use programs for training or demonstration use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is no fee to be part of our Experts Group, but we do have these qualifications for membership:
- You need to have a proven background as a consultant working on your own in your area of specialization, including at least a two year record of completed contracting projects or you must have your own active customer base to which you currently provide ongoing consulting services.
- You need to show that you are an expert in your field of concentration, which includes showing a long work-related record and strong referrals, and possess current manufacturer or institutional professional certifications.
- You have to know how to carry yourself in a professional way and be self driven and assured in your skills. You must have excellent people skills and be able to work effectively alone or as a member of a group.
- You must know how to articulate realistic expectations to customers and other Progent consultants and you have to know how analyze jobs, produce task plans, and estimate realistic time lines.
Enhance Your Skills with the Best Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Network Engineers
Progent's company culture will make you a better consultant by enhancing your information technology knowledge and boosting the loyalty of your clients. Progent makes good on this commitment by attracting the best professional experts for you to operate with, providing an advanced network and communications architecture, using custom application utilities to enable the maximum quality of service, and by streamlining our business structures for finding and maintaining customers.
The decisive factor that differentiates Progent from ordinary network support companies is the excellence of our support professionals. Out of the scores of consultants who have teamed with Progent, we have assembled top expertise covering a wide array of technical areas. Whether itís Microsoft Windows, Cisco switches, network security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other crucial areas, we deploy experts who can enable you to be successful on major projects by combining the aggregate experience of our group of professionals.
To promote the productivity of our consultants, we invest heavily in making available the most powerful tools to do the work efficiently. We will leverage technology to an extraordinary degree and our advanced virtual office environment enables seamless communications, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with fellow Progent team members ó all from home-based or on-the-road offices. Consultants donít throw away time or forfeit revenue because of daily drives to a physical office, and all travel you do for on-site customer jobs is based on your own schedule, not ours. The most attractive part is that much of Progent's consulting services can be done remotely, representing maximum productivity for billable hours. In practice, some Progent team members do remote consulting only.
Our business structure is set up for responding quickly and effectively to customer needs via knowledge exchange and collaborative problem resolution. Although Progent's engineers operate with a great deal of independence, resource allocation is centralized, client issues and solutions are carefully monitored, documented, and organized for easy retrieval, up-to-date engineer schedules are broadcast to streamline group tasks and enable problem escalation, and client satisfaction is always evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation through monthly workgroup meetings and regular company-wide events.
Most of our team is situated throughout California, however Progent is building a quickly growing group of network experts throughout America. Progent's virtual office environment eliminates geographic boundaries that restrict the efficiency of traditional company structures. We enhance the deal by offering a comprehensive benefit plan to promote the physical health and financial security of our employees and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's marketing and operations groups live up to the high standards that defines Progent. These top-notch contributors to our growth are helping us to target and sign up the 50-60 new clients we are currently engaging each month. We lately celebrated the providing of support to our 1,000th client. Try typing ďCisco consultantsĒ or ďMicrosoft consultantsĒ into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing operation.
Having a passion for technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with us. A career in consulting will drive you to learn more than is possible in any other position in information technology. Being confronted by a steady series of network challenges is what keeps professional support exciting. Customers choose consultants to do the toughest jobs. Creative projects, leading-edge implementations, vexing or entrenched issues, and tricky migrations are the foundation for our services daily. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is all too common for computer engineers in traditional corporate jobs. You will wake up every morning enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will meet some great folks, both by building strong customer contacts and by operating closely with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and contribute to their success. Of course, technology is vital, but Progent is a relationship-oriented company heart and soul. If you donít have strong communications skills or like working with a diverse group of personalities, then we are in all likelihood a poor match.
If this sounds right for you, we urge you to talk to us about our vision of the new paradigm of information technology consulting.
Enjoy Quality of Life Improvements and Professional Prowess with
Progent's Advanced Virtual Office Infrastructure
Progent is convinced that a carefully designed and executed network can be a crucial piece for enabling a firm's success, and Progent applies this belief in our corporate network environment. Progent has created a zero-downtime virtual office infrastructure that enables our in-house consultants and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and effective service, cooperate easily on complex jobs, and experience career and personal maturity by being a member of a dynamic company culture of self motivation and freedom.